PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We weren't ever going to beat Brady or Manning anyway

suzzer99
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
We were playing for one thing: to get the 20-yr playoff monkey off our backs. Period. And yes that would have been nice.

But at least this way we get an extra week to start fixing our secondary.

Yes I'm emotionally hedging. It's an essential coping mechanism to being a chiefs fan.

suzzer99
01-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Seriously though. We have to get much much much thougher on defense. The good news is we can definitely win a SB with Alex Smith if we just shore up our secondary.

crossbow
01-04-2014, 08:20 PM
I didn't care if we lost the next game I just wanted the Colts to get beat for a change. Getting sick of the same teams doing the same thing every year.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 08:20 PM
If KC pulled it out they could've been without JC, Knile, Avery, Flowers and Houston.

Prison Bitch
01-04-2014, 08:21 PM
We were playing for one thing: to get the 20-yr playoff monkey off our backs. Period. And yes that would have been nice.

But at least this way we get an extra week to start fixing our secondary.

Yes I'm emotionally hedging. It's an essential coping mechanism to being a chiefs fan.

Dumb.

GoShox
01-04-2014, 08:22 PM
If KC pulled it out they could've been without JC, Knile, Avery, Flowers and Houston.

If KC pulled it out they would've actually won a playoff game for once. That would've been pretty nice.

notorious
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Denver would have embarrassed this defense even more then Indy did.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
It's how we lost dude. If we got blown out, then it would be just another season.

But they did something they have done over and over and over again. They get your hopes up, then kill them right before your eyes. And this was the worst one to date imo. When you give yourself that much hope only to have it all come crashing down on you, it's ****ing sad, it's embarrassing, and it's heartbreaking. A fan can only take so much abuse.

A win to break the 20 year drought of playoff wins would've been enough for most of us on this board. But we didn't even get that, and we lost it in the most devastating way possible.

Red Dawg
01-04-2014, 08:28 PM

Our inability run the ball killed us. JC went down and so did our ability to eat clock. Flowers really hurt as well in the fourth.

kcfanintitanhell
01-04-2014, 08:52 PM

Yep...that's the rationale I've been hanging onto for the past 2 hours...

AceyBronco916
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM

I Agree 100% GO DENVER BRONCOS!!!!! We will get revenge on Indy for you un"luck"y chiefs fans, next week just wait ;)

suzzer99
01-05-2014, 01:14 AM

Either that or NE

Chrissy Rules
01-05-2014, 01:17 AM
I Agree 100% GO DENVER BRONCOS!!!!! We will get revenge on Indy for you un"luck"y chiefs fans, next week just wait ;)

SING IT BABY :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: and I add an AMEN AND A HALLEAUGH :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Chrissy Rules
01-05-2014, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=suzzer99;10343950]Either that or NE[/QUOTI ITS MANNING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MANNING UP BABY MANNING UP!!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Dayze
01-05-2014, 04:49 AM
teh ghey

okcchief
01-05-2014, 07:37 AM
I try to tell myself this, but it doesn't help. Who thought we would get up by 28 at Indy without Charles? You never know what can happen in sports once momentum gets going. It would not suprise me if this carried the Colts much like the Denver game for the Ravens last year.

ChiefRocka
01-05-2014, 07:37 AM
This is true, we didn't have the horses this year...it's a process to upgrade your shit.

kcpasco
01-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Would have been nice just to get that 20 year monkey off our backs.

Lightrise
01-05-2014, 07:53 AM
You actually can make this loss a positive thing when some losses are harder to flip. The second SD loss didn't bother me, especially with last second penalty. The first SD loss did. Earlier in the season a lot was written about Lewis being the leader/traffic cop on the defense. To have benched that in the middle of the year would have created unnecessary chaos. I think they know have known for awhile Lewis won't be back. We have to have dependable tackling and more speed. Hali is now too expensive for what we get from him. It's just a mess.