PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I hereby announnce my retirement from the NFL

Chiefs4TheWin
01-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Ban me if desired, I know it's a Q, but I will never pour that much emotion or anything into a Chiefs game again. That's it. I no longer enjoy the NFL. 32 years old and I haven't seen a playoff win since I was a god damn teenager. To blow something like that is beyond words. I quit the NFL.. Well BYE!

Eleazar
01-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Who are you?

Hammock Parties
Jesus, pussies everywhere.

eDave
Ban me if desired, I know it's a Q, but I will never pour that much emotion or anything into a Chiefs game again. That's it. I no longer enjoy the NFL. 32 years old and I haven't seen a playoff win since I was a god damn teenager. To blow something like that is beyond words. I quit the NFL.. Well BYE!

Later pussy. It's a man's sport anyway.

jerryforeverrice80
01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
really dude its just football.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-04-2014, 07:44 PM

Exactly!

Brock
01-04-2014, 07:57 PM

/fan of team with 5 rings

Dave Lane
01-04-2014, 08:06 PM

Exactly and it's not like we were going to win next week anyway

Prison Bitch
01-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Exactly and it's not like we were going to win next week anyway

Nice logic.

Sorce
01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I feel like I want to quit this team too but I'll be right there next year. My heart won't let me quit or pick another team. Just get drunk and be pissed off for a day then move on.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Delete this stupid ass thread. You quit, no one gives a crap

Iconic
no1curr

lcarus
Ten years ago this game would have had me on a skyscraper rooftop ledge somewhere. Now days, I just don't care as much. Yeah this game still irritates the living hell out of me, but I'm already over it. Why should I let my mood be completely ruined for the next several hours, days, weeks, months, whatever, just because a bunch of football players from colleges all over the country lost a game while playing for the team that I follow?

MeatRock

^ This. Go be a competitive diving fan or some shit, i don't know. Pussy!!!!

Prison Bitch
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Ten years ago this game would have had me on a skyscraper rooftop ledge somewhere. Now days, I just don't care as much. Yeah this game still irritates the living hell out of me, but I'm already over it. Why should I let my mood be completely ruined for the next several hours, days, weeks, months, whatever, just because a bunch of football players from colleges all over the country lost a game while playing for the team that I follow?

Or pay $120 two weeks ago to freeze outside 3 hours watching the Colts players from all over the country dominate our college players from all over the country

dannybcaitlyn
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM

Yep, Especially the new generation fans. They grew up playing sports where they don't keep score and say there is no loser. Guess what happens when they are older and they do lose at something.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Yep, Especially the new generation fans. They grew up playing sports where they don't keep score and say there is no loser. Guess what happens when they are older and they do lose at something.

How you came up with people getting sick of losing every playoff game in 20 years and this is just befuddling.

EyePod
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM

I'm glad it's not only me. Talk about letting things that are out of your control...

For me, fantasy football has ruined football. I hate hearing from my raiders fan co-worker "I hope Jamaal crushes it today." I refuse to play. It makes the sport less about a fan base and more about your shitty team which is going to be different every single year.

Smed1065
01-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Or pay $120 two weeks ago to freeze outside 3 hours watching the Colts players from all over the country dominate our college players from all over the country

wow so much ignorance....

Rain Man
01-04-2014, 08:56 PM
I posted before the game that I'm probably going to take the year off from football next year: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=10320946#post10320946. It's not today's game, but rather the whole sport that is becoming less interesting. I figure it'll free up 10 hours a week for 16 weeks. Maybe I'll write a book. Or go hiking. Or read an interesting book each week. It's kind of freeing to think about, but I'm hoping that I can muster up the courage to do it. Football is a hard habit to quit, but I feel like it quit me first.

Smed1065
01-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Might be why you are so "abused". Idiot and back after abuse....LOL

Chiefs4TheWin
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM

I agree man. My football teams KILL ME. It's just not worth the emotional investment. Thank god I'm a hockey fan lol! I at least get 4 games to wah wah over :).

Smed1065
01-04-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm glad it's not only me. Talk about letting things that are out of your control...

For me, fantasy football has ruined football. I hate hearing from my raiders fan co-worker "I hope Jamaal crushes it today." I refuse to play. It makes the sport less about a fan base and more about your shitty team which is going to be different every single year.
Hell fantasy has made more Chiefs fans hope than not in last 20 years.. Check and not be an old ass before hating. SMH.

Smed1065
01-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Hell fantasy has made more Chiefs fans hope than not in last 20 years.. Check and not be an old ass before hating. SMH. Or be a CP idiot but who cares ass. They been here since 2008.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-04-2014, 09:17 PM
I posted before the game that I'm probably going to take the year off from football next year: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=10320946#post10320946. It's not today's game, but rather the whole sport that is becoming less interesting. I figure it'll free up 10 hours a week for 16 weeks. Maybe I'll write a book. Or go hiking. Or read an interesting book each week. It's kind of freeing to think about, but I'm hoping that I can muster up the courage to do it. Football is a hard habit to quit, but I feel like it quit me first.

Believe it or not I lurk very well. I've read all your stuff recently! For me, it's out of market. Looking for streams constantly just to watch some low res stream of some red guys doing stuff . Buying crap off the internet to support my team, not knowing if the god damn fitted hat will fit. I have to listen to how a guy who bought off a lady for sexually harassing her has more super bowls than we have in our entire history!

I have invested enough "hope" and enough "Resolve" to last a lifetime. It takes me a concerned "effort" to watch my Chiefs. I know some can just turn the channel and can watch it every time, but for me it's literally hoping some guy or gal from god knows where decides to steam it 90% of the time.

That's why I'm done. It takes effort to watch them. I wont put in the effort any more.