PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Wade Phillips as DC? Officially Fired in Houston

penbrook
01-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Sutton refuses to make in game adjustments. Let's face it he needs to be gone.

There is a very good DC in Wade Phillips on the market. He had a top 5 defense in the TEXANS. Anybody say we should give him a look that's if Sutton is fired.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 10:59 PM
You're living in a fantasy land if you think Reid is going to fire him.

penbrook
01-04-2014, 11:00 PM

I can dream can't I

dannybcaitlyn
Wade or Horton

Sorter

Just let me and Ray Horton hang out there for a while.

I'm so bitter right now.

Jimmya
01-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Bad Guy, you still in Suttons corner?

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Bad Guy, you still in Suttons corner?

I'm not, but you can fuck your mother with a snow shovel.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 11:04 PM

Well that certainly wasn't very nice.

Jimmya
Very educated answer. GED perhaps. .quit crying because you can't admit when you're wrong.

The Bad Guy
Well that certainly wasn't very nice.

Ask me if I fucking care.

RealSNR
01-04-2014, 11:05 PM
I agree with The Bad Guy

mnchiefsguy
Horton or bust...Wade Phillips is done. Texans were not good on defense this year at all.

Sorter

ROFL

Discuss Thrower
Ask me if I fucking care.

.. do you care?

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Very educated answer. GED perhaps. .quit crying because you can't admit when you're wrong.

I just said I'm not in his corner, but you probably want an ass-kissing about it.

There's nothing worse than self-righteous dickbags who want to pound their chest for approval or to gain kudos or some shit because they made the right call months ago. I'm a fan of this fucking team and the last thing anyone should be doing now is a bunch of "I told you so's".

Maybe you can shove the other end of the shovel up your own ass.

mnchiefsguy
01-04-2014, 11:06 PM
I agree with The Bad Guy

I agree also.

Titty Meat
01-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Just let me and Ray Horton hang out there for a while.

I'm so bitter right now.

You gonna suck his dick?

BigCatDaddy
Maybe he could just retire. He has to know he sucks.

Jimmya
Can you answer without cussing? Probably not, but thank you for answering.

Sorter
01-04-2014, 11:08 PM
You gonna suck his dick?

Does this mean he'll be hired?

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Can you answer without cussing? Probably not, but thank you for answering.

Yes, I can.

Shove one end of the shovel up your mother's vagina, and shove the other end of the shove up your own buttocks. Better?

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure the problem on defense is all on Sutton.

It's hard to run a defense with only one good safety and none that have shown to truly excel in coverage.

Our safeties are flat out terrible.

TEX
01-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Wade is a GOOD one! Id welcome it.

TEX
01-04-2014, 11:11 PM

It's hard to run a defense with only one good safety and none that have shown to truly excel in coverage.

This.

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Bad guy, any other chatter about KC and Berry working on an extension?

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:12 PM

Then he has to adjust. I agree that he doesn't have all-world talent at safety, but when he's pulling Cooper and pulling Demps, Lewis should have been pulled from that post months ago and Abdullah put there.

Lewis has been a liability for the entire year.

TEX
Yes, I can.

Shove one end of the shovel up your mother's vagina, and shove the other end of the shove up your own buttocks. Better?

ROFL

The Bad Guy
Bad guy, any other chatter about KC and Berry working on an extension?

I'm pretty sure they'll have en extension done with him before he comes due. I think 50's extension is top on the list right now.

I'd be very surprised to see Tyson Jackson back here.

Jimmya
01-04-2014, 11:13 PM
So if we don't replace the safeties will you still support Sutton?

Sorter
01-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Then he has to adjust. I agree that he doesn't have all-world talent at safety, but when he's pulling Cooper and pulling Demps, Lewis should have been pulled from that post months ago and Abdullah put there.

It only took us until today to replace Berry with Abdullah as the Mike in our dime and move him back to safety.

Good move if Lewis/Demps weren't just horrific today.

Jimmya
I do agree with badguy. ...He must adjust.

The Bad Guy

Is there something mentally wrong with you?

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:15 PM

Abdullah not being the teams starter by mid season is equally as puzzling as Powe not even being active at all. It seems Abdullah was on the field more today...look what happened.

Some of these moves are what make me point some of the blame at Sutton. He should have made those adjustments months ago. You could see at almost any practice at training camp that Dunta and Lewis were gonna be the weak links.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:16 PM
It only took us until today to replace Berry with Abdullah as the Mike in our dime and move him back to safety.

My problem with that is, Berry looked lost doing it. He did not look comfortable playing deep and was out of position a bunch. It's like he just moves people in games that haven't received reps there.

Berry really had an awful game too.

Why not give Ron Parker extended time today?

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Abdullah has to be kept. He's been a fantastic player when given opportunity.

Demps, Lewis, Robinson can all pack their shit and GTFO.

Tyson Jackson really isn't needed with Bailey and Catapano seeing increased reps. Draft a big 5-tech later in the draft to occupy blockers.

dannybcaitlyn

He could make adjustments. Hilton destroyed us and was the only real threat receiver wise the Colts had and yet Suttton doesn't call for double coverage on the guy. Just like decker in Denver.

BossChief

IMO this loss goes on the trio of Lewis/Demps/Robinson

Those three embarrassed us today.

Hoover
01-04-2014, 11:19 PM

Tyson Jackson really isn't needed with Bailey and Catapano seeing increased reps. Draft a big 5-tech later in the draft to occupy blockers.
Agree with all of this.

Sorter
01-04-2014, 11:20 PM
My problem with that is, Berry looked lost doing it. He did not look comfortable playing deep and was out of position a bunch. It's like he just moves people in games that haven't received reps there.

I have no idea.

Maybe he's just fucking terrible in practice. I don't have the slightest inclination.

The Bad Guy

I'm with you on that.

The Chiefs will need to find a corner, but Flowers, Smith, Cooper and Parker should be fine going into next year.

Sorter

Absolutely.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:21 PM
I have no idea.

Maybe he's just ****ing terrible in practice. I don't have the slightest inclination.

I don't think he'd be active on gameday then. Reid is a huge practice like you play guy.

Just makes no sense. One of the real playmakers in the secondary gets mop up duty when he's played great every chance he's gotten.

penbrook
01-04-2014, 11:22 PM
So apparently Johnson said the Chiefs D let up in the second half

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:22 PM
He could make adjustments. Hilton destroyed us and was the only real threat receiver wise the Colts had and yet Suttton doesn't call for double coverage on the guy. Just like decker in Denver.

That's just choosing to get shot in the chest instead of in the face.

Saccopoo
01-04-2014, 11:23 PM

Berry was absolutely bad today. He's not a free safety like so many people around here think.

He's an excellent box strong safety.

And moving him into the mid/deep second level, an area where he hasn't played all season was puzzling at best.

Sutton blew this game in a big way on numerous levels with his play calling and schemes.

Absolutely horrible.

penbrook
01-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Per KC Star

Johnson said players were imploring others all along to play to the end, to play four quarters and to not let up.

“Guess,” he said softly, “we let up.”

Sorter
I don't think he'd be active on gameday then. Reid is a huge practice like you play guy.

Just makes no sense. One of the real playmakers in the secondary gets mop up duty when he's played great every chance he's gotten.

I've been in a continuous state of "Huh?" since halftime.

The Bad Guy

Then as the leader of the defense, that's on him too.

FRCDFED
01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Dude...get off his ass! Sutton sucks! We get it. Now STFU about it!

dannybcaitlyn
01-04-2014, 11:26 PM

So Sutton is ole school , plays soft zone and prevent defense. While most of the modern coordinators are pinning their ears back going after the QB if they have a huge lead.

Titty Meat
01-04-2014, 11:26 PM

One thing that's been really obvious and Robinsons comments after the game confirmed: There are no leaders on defense. There aren't many on this team in general.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
One thing that's been really obvious and Robinsons comments after the game confirmed: There are no leaders on defense. There aren't many on this team in general.

I think Smith and Albert are the leaders on offense.

Berry talks a big game in the media about being a leader but I didn't see him today in anyone's face.

I think they got their egos pumped up beating shitty QBs the first 9 weeks and continued to carry that swagger against Manning, Rivers and Luck and got their shit pushed in.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM

I remember hearing from one of the AM shows that he hurried the fuck out of the lockerroom after one of the losses.. I think it was the last Denver game.

Thought that was particularly telling.

BossChief
I think DJ and Hali's comments have a lot to do with the playcallng.

dannybcaitlyn

That sucks. I thought Pioli spent a whole draft on team leaders one year.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:30 PM
I think DJ and Hali's comments have a lot to do with the playcallng.

Did Sutton give any comments?

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:30 PM
I remember hearing from one of the AM shows that he hurried the **** out of the lockerroom after one of the losses.. I think it was the last Denver game.

Thought that was particularly telling.

Everybody did, but Cooper.

He was the only defensive player to interview after the game iirc.

Bewbies
01-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Everybody did, but Cooper.

He was the only defensive player to interview after the game iirc.

That's amazing. Leave it to the rookie....

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2014, 11:34 PM
He's officially on the market.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10242419/wade-phillips-fired-texans-defensive-coordinator

Wade Phillips fired as Texans DC

Updated: January 4, 2014, 6:35 PM ET

By Tania Ganguli | ESPN.com

HOUSTON -- Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips met with new head coach Bill O'Brien on Saturday and was fired from the position he took over following the 2010 season.

Phillips reacted to the move on Twitter:

Phillips served as interim head coach for the Texans' final three games of the 2013 season after head coach Gary Kubiak was fired. He interviewed for the Texans' head coaching vacancy two weeks ago.

Houston finished a league-worst 2-14, losing its three games under Phillips.

O'Brien is having short meetings with members of the Texans staff Saturday. According to one person familiar with the meetings, he is informing them that he plans to replace the staff with one of his own choosing.

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison was fired after his meeting, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Defensive backs coach Vance Joseph, running backs coach Chick Harris and assistant defensive backs coach Perry Carter have also had their meetings already.

Quarterbacks coach Karl Dorrell and linebackers coach Reggie Herring have reportedly met with O'Brien as well.

Sources said O'Brien is planning to hire former Browns and Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel as his defensive coordinator. Like O'Brien, Crennel was a coordinator for the Patriots, though the two did not work in New England at the same time.

Crennel, though, has not decided whether he wants to return to coaching for next season, an NFL source told ESPN.

Crennel has one year left on his deal with the Chiefs valued at $3.5 million. And because the deal contains offset language, he would not earn two paychecks as long as any salary did not eclipse $3.5 million.

O'Brien also plans to bring Jim Bernhardt to Houston. Bernhardt served as the special assistant to the head coach and director of player development at Penn State when O'Brien was the head coach there. They have known each other since O'Brien was in college at Brown.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2014, 11:37 PM
I realize this is a Q, but I was confused and went searching for the info, so I figured I'd post it and change the thread title. Save time for the next poor schlep who didn't already know.

SilentHell
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Wade Phillips, arch rival........Hire him. Eff it.

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm a big Wade Phillips as DC fan and have wanted him here in that role for years...but it's not gonna happen.

dannybcaitlyn
01-04-2014, 11:39 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10242419/wade-phillips-fired-texans-defensive-coordinator

HOUSTON -- Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips met with new head coach Bill O'Brien on Saturday and was fired from the position he took over following the 2010 season.

Phillips served as interim head coach for the Texans' final three games of the 2013 season after head coach Gary Kubiak was fired. He interviewed for the Texans' head coaching vacancy two weeks ago.

O'Brien is having short meetings with members of the Texans staff Saturday. According to one person familiar with the meetings, he is informing them that he plans to replace the staff with one of his own choosing.

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison was fired after his meeting, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Defensive backs coach Vance Joseph, running backs coach Chick Harris and assistant defensive backs coach Perry Carter have also had their meetings already.

Quarterbacks coach Karl Dorrell and linebackers coach Reggie Herring have reportedly met with O'Brien as well.

Sources said O'Brien is planning to hire former Browns and Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel as his defensive coordinator. Like O'Brien, Crennel was a coordinator for the Patriots, though the two did not work in New England at the same time.

Crennel, though, has not decided whether he wants to return to coaching for next season, an NFL source told ESPN.

Crennel has one year left on his deal with the Chiefs valued at $3.5 million. And because the deal contains offset language, he would not earn two paychecks as long as any salary did not eclipse $3.5 million.

O'Brien also plans to bring Jim Bernhardt to Houston. Bernhardt served as the special assistant to the head coach and director of player development at Penn State when O'Brien was the head coach there. They have known each other since O'Brien was in college at Brown.

Dorsey is always looking for players that improve the team, coaches should be in the mix as well!

mcaj22
01-04-2014, 11:43 PM
no way Romeo takes that job when he can just sit at home at make 3 million from the Chiefs

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2014, 11:52 PM

Boss, our first half defense was okay. Dunta was getting crushed. What did Sutton do? He adjusted. He was mixing rotational guys in. He took Dunta out and subbed in Parker, and put cooper back on the outside. We were blitzing and we got enough pressure on luck to force his hand. We got creative with personnel. Etc...

What happened the third quarter has me completely at a loss. As painful as it may be, you need to rewatch. Four base dline men rushing on every play, no stunts, no dline men I'm coverage, no blitzes, no lady even Faking blitz. And even when we got gashed on five plays, we continued this nonsense. This second half bloody rotting corpse Vagina of a defense was some of the worst scheming I've ever seen in a playoff game.

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2014, 11:53 PM

<b>Sources said O'Brien is planning to hire former Browns and Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel as his defensive coordinator.</b> Like O'Brien, Crennel was a coordinator for the Patriots, though the two did not work in New England at the same time.

At first I wanted to LMAO, but sadly he may be better than what we have.

crossbow
01-04-2014, 11:55 PM

Texans want "Good Football" again.

Titty Meat
01-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Who called into 610 and used Badguys line about Kendrick Lewis?

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Who called into 610 and used Badguys line about Kendrick Lewis?

Maybe it was badguy..

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Maybe it was badguy..

Nah, I live in PA and I've never called sports talk radio in my life.

suzzer99
01-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Yes. Would love to see Wade Phillips. Lets do this!

bevischief
01-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Make so it so.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora13s
Former Chiefs HC Romeo Crennel has agreed to meet with Texans about their DC job. No deal done; has other options. Will coach East/West game

Eleazar
01-08-2014, 10:12 AM
LMAO Sutton is not going anywhere

BlackHelicopters
01-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Sutton is staying.

Oxford
01-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Face it, the Chiefs defense was predicated on stuffing the run and not giving Qb's time to throw, BECAUSE the coaching staff knew we had a strong safety that is only adequate in coverage, a questionable FS and even more limited players behind him.

The only solution is better players.......

Simply Red
01-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Yes, I can.

It's been a long time Ol' dark one. :fire:

Simply Red
01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora13s
Former Chiefs HC Romeo Crennel has agreed to meet with Texans about their DC job. No deal done; has other options. Will coach East/West game

in a way Crennel is my very own personal big black Jesus.