PDA

View Full Version : Football So what are the chances of Jairus Byrd

oaklandhater
01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
What are the chances that Dorsey pull's out the red carpet for Byrd?

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Slim to none. Chiefs aren't paying 2 safeties close to 8 million a year.

Best hope is the draft. Truthfully, letting go of Lewis and putting a warm corpse there would be an upgrade.

FRCDFED
01-04-2014, 11:27 PM
What are the chances that Dorsey pull's out the red carpet for Byrd?

Byrd will help but today's collapse was a coaching problem. Players can't give up a 28 point lead all by themselves. Both Reid and Sutton shit the bed today!

Dunerdr
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Just let it go now. This is one of 10 of these threads that will be made. It's not happening unless we trade the fuck outta someone expensive. Looking at you Hali maybe flowers.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM

Best hope is the draft. Truthfully, letting go of Lewis and putting a warm corpse there would be an upgrade.

:LOL:

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't think Reid shit the bed, at all. Yeah, he could have run more, but it's not like he ignored Jamaal or Knile in the 4th quarter.

oaklandhater
01-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Byrd will help but today's collapse was a coaching problem. Players can't give up a 28 point lead all by themselves. Both Reid and Sutton shit the bed today!

Welp since were the chiefs we will go 7-9 next year with a breakdown on Defense.

How Bad does it have to get for the Reid/Dorsey to fire Sutton in the 3rd year ?

oaklandhater
01-04-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't think Reid shit the bed, at all. Yeah, he could have run more, but it's not like he ignored Jamaal or Knile in the 4th quarter.

His clock management left much to be desired but other then that I blame sutton/lewis

Sorter
01-04-2014, 11:31 PM

Hopefully the football Gods grant us an effective Sanders Commings.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:33 PM
If Kendrick Lewis is brought back I don't know that I can give 2 fucks about next season.

kcpasco
01-04-2014, 11:33 PM
I know no one wants to admit this but our corners have been exposed as garbage. 1 FS is not gonna make that much difference.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-04-2014, 11:36 PM
If Kendrick Lewis is brought back I don't know that I can give 2 ****s about next season.

Let's hope someone gives him a nice deal.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:37 PM
I know no one wants to admit this but our corners have been exposed as garbage. 1 FS is not gonna make that much difference.

Don't agree with this at all.

I don't think the corners are garbage. I think there's a weak link in Robinson and Lewis that teams go after, constantly. Cooper I can live with because he's growing into the position, but having a FS that can read, take proper angles and make tackles, would make a world of difference.

kcpasco
01-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Don't agree with this at all.

I don't think the corners are garbage. I think there's a weak link in Robinson and Lewis that teams go after, constantly. Cooper I can live with because he's growing into the position, but having a FS that can read, take proper angles and make tackles, would make a world of difference.

Then how do you explain the 2nd half choke? Because if you are pinning that on 1 guy it is really not fair.
And yes I cannot stand Lewis.

oaklandhater
01-04-2014, 11:45 PM
So bad guy how bad do you think it has to get for Dorsey/hunt to make Reid fire sutton ?

FRCDFED
01-04-2014, 11:46 PM

Reid is the Captain of this ship. We weren't in a shootout all game. We squandered a 28 pt lead. Reid is just as responsible as Sutton for failing to make adjustments.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:47 PM
So bad guy how bad do you think it has to get for Dorsey/hunt to make Reid fire sutton ?

I don't think it's happening at all.

Reid is very patient with his coaches and he attributes things unraveling in Philly to lack of stability at DC at the end.

Sutton will absolutely be back next year.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Reid is the Captain of this ship. We weren't in a shootout all game. We squandered a 28 pt lead. Reid is just as responsible as Sutton for failing to make adjustments.

We can agree to disagree. Reid made adjustments when his best player and then backup went down.

Reid had to run the ball more, but that's tough to do with players you don't trust.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Then how do you explain the 2nd half choke? Because if you are pinning that on 1 guy it is really not fair.
And yes I cannot stand Lewis.

I'm pinning this loss squarely on Sutton and every defender sans Abdullah.

BossChief
01-04-2014, 11:49 PM
They aren't gonna fire Sutton.

mnchiefsguy
01-04-2014, 11:49 PM

I think we tried to run...but Davis was not as effective in the second half.

oaklandhater
01-05-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't think it's happening at all.

Reid is very patient with his coaches and he attributes things unraveling in Philly to lack of stability at DC at the end.

Sutton will absolutely be back next year.

I didn't mean this year like over a course of a few years of 15th-32nd ranked defenses how long would it take for an overhead to fire sutton ?

The Bad Guy
01-05-2014, 12:17 AM
I didn't mean this year like over a course of a few years of 15th-32nd ranked defenses how long would it take for an overhead to fire sutton ?

I think he'll be given at least 2 more years barring a complete meltdown next year.

tooge
01-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Look, Dorsey was good at scouting and finding secondary guys and receivers with the Pack. I'd expect the same here. Year one was a phenomenal success with what they had. I expect years of a competitive team moving forward. Super Bowl? Who knows, it takes a lot if all the right moves plus a lot if luck for that to happen. I'm sure the ride will be fun though.

Simply Red
01-05-2014, 01:06 AM

precisely.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2014, 01:07 AM
You can't fix a defense through free agency.

Simply Red
01-05-2014, 01:09 AM
let's get rid of Cunta. Please God.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2014, 01:12 AM
let's get rid of Cunta. Please God.

I feel like that is my single greatest contribution to the lexicon.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9479104&postcount=323

Simply Red
01-05-2014, 01:14 AM
I feel like that is my single greatest contribution to the lexicon.

I'm not sure what the attraction there was by the Chiefs, but he is just horrid. Yes that's a nice contribution.

Titty Meat
01-05-2014, 02:26 AM
Some d-ends who can get to the qb would be nice. That and replace Lewis, Suttons defense wouldn't suck.

MeatRock
01-05-2014, 02:32 AM
We have got to find another pass rusher and a competent cover safety. Then our defense wouldn't suck as much. Lewis is pure mudslide wipe type of shit.

BossChief
01-05-2014, 02:40 AM
I will always wonder why they don't play Powe at the nose more and slide Poe over to end with Bailey on the other end when we need to create pressure.

Powe and Bailey showed they are good enough to be disruptive against starters in SD.

We need some DL on the field that can help the pass rush, desperately.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 06:03 AM

yep - the opposing WR may actually trip over the corpse.

we need to take a couple of safties on the draft (doesn't matter who or where) and bid adieu to Monseiur Lewis.

spanky 52
01-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Salary cap is really going to hinder free agency unless one of the big name defenders gets whacked or someone like Berry restructures. Even if Berry restructures I think a big name gets let go.

ILChief
01-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Salary cap is really going to hinder free agency unless one of the big name defenders gets whacked or someone like Berry restructures. Even if Berry restructures I think a big name gets let go.

I think Flowers may be a surprise cut