PDA

View Full Version : Football How to heal from this, from someone who knows

Aries Walker
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
I tried to think of what other group of fans were in a position close to what we were, and I remembered the Patriots when they went 18 and 1. Now I see, there's an awful lot in this video which sounds like us, now. Oh, and it's NSFW for language in a pretty big way.

So, at least we're not the only ones. Right?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QNIl2uCPwWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
01-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I see nothing, in any way, similar to our situation...

notorious
01-05-2014, 09:42 AM
No.

If you win 3 SB's 5 years before and have Tom Brady you have NO idea what we feel like.

siberian khatru
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Boo-hoo, we didn't win our fourth Super Bowl in seven years

FloridaMan88
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Seriously?

The Patriots who have won 3 Super Bowls in the past 14 years have a group of fans who can relate to how Chiefs fans feel?

That is like saying Yankees fans can relate to the misery of Royals fans.

01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
fuck new england. They have no fucking clue how we feel.

Aries Walker
01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
I said close, not identical. And I couldn't find a similar Cubs video.

Bewbies
01-05-2014, 09:46 AM
LMAO

If only. Dumbass.

Al Bundy
01-05-2014, 09:47 AM
The only fanbase that knows this feeling is the Houston Oilers fanbase.

FloridaMan88
Now this is a fan base that can relate…

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/Browns.gif

Rausch
I said close, not identical. And I couldn't find a similar Cubs video.

It's not that hard.

Here...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/055wFyO6gag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order
01-05-2014, 09:48 AM
We empathize with Cleveland, not with teams that continually land the number 1 or 2 seed every year.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 09:49 AM

Dude the Bucs have won 1 fucking SB ... Until then and after then, they haven't done shit and probably never will...

If there should be sympathy it should be for your shitty team

Al Bundy
01-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Dude the Bucs have won 1 ****ing SB ... Until then and after then, they haven't done shit and probably never will...

If there should be sympathy it should be for your shitty team

Go fuck yourself. You have been relevant for 2 years in the last 25.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Go **** yourself. You have been relevant for 2 years in the last 25.

And you have 1 in the last 40.... what's your point... Your team has nothing to compare with the Chiefs or just about any team in the NFL... Bucs ROFLROFLROFLROFL

New World Order
01-05-2014, 09:54 AM

I grew up in Houston and witnessed that game with family and friends. The game yesterday was bad, but the Houston game was a tad worse. From what I remember Bills were down 32 and cut the deficit to 3 in 1 quarter.

notorious
01-05-2014, 09:56 AM
I grew up in Houston and witnessed that game with family and friends. The game yesterday was bad, but the Houston game was a tad worse. From what I remember Bills were down 32 and cut the deficit to 3 in 1 quarter.

It is pretty much the same, but we might have them beat in a few catagories.

Did Houston win the turnover battle 4-1 yet still lose?

Did they take the ball away 2 times in the 2nd half and still give up around 400 yards and 35 points?

The way the Chiefs lost is just mind-boggling. They won the turnover battle in BOTH halves yet got beat.

Unreal.

siberian khatru
01-05-2014, 09:57 AM

Did they take the ball away 2 times in the 2nd half and still give up around 400 yards and 35 points?

The way the Chiefs lost is just mind-boggling. They won the turnover battle in BOTH halves yet got beat.

Unreal.

Right up to the 99.1 percent win probability, it's almost statistically impossible to have lost that game.

ThaVirus
01-05-2014, 09:58 AM
I just don't understand it. Honestly.

Boston sports fans can have 19 championships in 6 different sports and I can't even get a playoff win in my adult lifetime.

New World Order
01-05-2014, 09:59 AM

Unreal.

You have to remember Buffalo came back and won from being down 32 with a back up quarterback.

Here are the highlights, I'll have to watch it later:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qC0XruxqQjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
01-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I saw the game, and I agree for the most part. My brother is a Buffalo fan (poor bastard).

I am saying that we lost with more fashion, we broke nearly all of the rules-of-thumb to lose.

Al Bundy
01-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Unreal.

The Oilers lost to Frank Reich.

notorious
01-05-2014, 10:05 AM
The Oilers lost to Frank Reich.

:hmmm:

And they were allowed to play defense back then, too.

NWO, you are probably right.

GoChargers
01-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Bandwagon Cheatriot "fans" don't even have a clue. Boston has been the most spoiled sports town for a decade. If the Cheatriots ever went this long without a playoff win, every home game would be blacked out in Foxboro.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Bandwagon Cheatriot "fans" don't even have a clue. Boston has been the most spoiled sports town for a decade. If the Cheatriots ever went this long without a playoff win, every home game would be blacked out in Foxboro.

You are next Biatch! :thumb:

Al Bundy
01-05-2014, 10:38 AM
:hmmm:

And they were allowed to play defense back then, too.

NWO, you are probably right.

It is so close.. I don't think anyone wants to be "right". There are only a few fanbases that deserve what happened yesterday, and the Chiefs fanbase is not one of them.

BlackHelicopters
01-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Thread is a dumpster fire.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Thread is a dumpster fire.

When a cocksucking Buc fan comes in to try to make you feel better by acting like his team is superior to yours usually will result in a dumpster fire thread

LoneWolf
01-05-2014, 10:56 AM
When a cocksucking Buc fan comes in to try to make you feel better by acting like his team is superior to yours usually will result in a dumpster fire thread

Still bitter about the SuperBowl loss?

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Still bitter about the SuperBowl loss?

Naw man, You still bitter about the Colts loss ? ROFLSTFULMAO:LOL::clap:

Al Bundy
01-05-2014, 11:00 AM

What in the fuck are you talking about?

LoneWolf
01-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Naw man, You still bitter about the Colts loss ? ROFLSTFULMAO:LOL::clap:

I'm over it. After being convinced that the NFL is rigged by all the compelling and intelligent evidence that has been posted since the game ended, I finally understand that this is what the NFL wants. I am currently driving to Wal-Mart to pick up a large box of tinfoil and check to see if they are out of Chiefs sheet cakes.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 11:03 AM
If San Diego wins today I'm checking out. I can only take so much

scho63
01-05-2014, 11:04 AM
That's the poorest analogy I could possible think of!!!

The Patriots??? Really??? You must still be drunk

Demonpenz
01-05-2014, 11:27 AM
I think the fact that we didn't have one player murder someone this year shows progress.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2014, 11:39 AM
This isn't that big a deal.

If you can get over 2010, getting over this is easy.

I mean we lost a road playoff game. Big fucking deal. You're not supposed to win those anyway.

B_Razz
01-05-2014, 11:46 AM
I can't get over yesterday. freaklin depressed. going to the strip club afterwards helped a little bit...

Dayze
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
We're the same as:

The Royals
Cubs
Browns

.....the fucking Royals.

rico
01-05-2014, 12:10 PM
We're the same as:

The Royals
Cubs
Browns

.....the ****ing Royals.

The Cubs deserve it.

JD10367
01-05-2014, 12:12 PM
No comparison. It's like fucking three Playboy Playmates in the past, and then ALMOST fucking a few more, and saying you're in the same class as a virgin. As a Pats fan, even if all I get next week is a titty flash, the memory of the three Playmates is still there to comfort me.

Simplicity
01-05-2014, 12:27 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/396/752/66ysn6_display_image.jpg?1284582320

Bowser
01-05-2014, 12:32 PM
I just don't understand it. Honestly.

Boston sports fans can have 19 championships in 6 different sports and I can't even get a playoff win in my adult lifetime.

It's almost like the Cigarette Smoking Man from the X-Files was at one of those "Rule the World" meetings and decreed that the Chiefs will never, ever win a playoff game again while he still lives.

Aries Walker
01-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Okay, guys, of course I know the Patriots had won championships by then and Belichek is a cheat and Boston fans are jerks and on and on, but they, like us, had built up the whole season for that one game. Everyone was talking. They were shooting for a level they hadn't achieved. People were wondering if they had what it took. They all were trying not to get ahead of themselves. They were excited, and then their defense blew a big lead in the second half, and then they felt like dirt. Sound familiar?

And then there's this guy, a comedian, who had been putting out videos about their miracle season all year and whose job is to make people laugh, and how does he deal with it? He makes fun of himself, and how shitty he feels, and then he advocates healing and moving on. Tell me these don't fit:

We're heartbroken. We're embarrassed. We thought we had it. We were at the doorstep of greatness and we tripped and fell and broke our f***ing face.

We had the lead and the game in our hands with under three minutes to go, with our clutch bend-but-don't-break defense on the field, and we f***ing broke like a cheap piece of Ikea furniture.

Just like our pass blocking and our play calling on offense, this sucks.

And no, I'm never going to watch this game again. And yeah, I do think I'm going to need a little time to put the whole "This was one of the greatest . . . ever" perspective into play, okay?

Great game, the very mention of which makes me feel like I just got ice-picked in the dick.

My point is: This has happened to other teams. This has happened to other fans. I feel like shit just like the rest of you guys do, but we can heal, just like those Pats fans did, just like the Oilers fan did, just like the Cubs fans have been doing since 1908.

The sun will come up tomorrow, guys.

donkhater
01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
About the only other NFL franchise fans that can come close to commiserating is Buffalo fans.

Yeah they made the Super Bowl, but to have your expectations built up like that four straight years only to see them pounded into the earth in a nationally embarrassing fashion is pretty rough.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
My point is: This has happened to other teams. This has happened to other fans. I feel like shit just like the rest of you guys do, but we can heal, just like those Pats fans did, just like the Oilers fan did, just like the Cubs fans have been doing since 1908.

I don't think anyone has a more fucked up record than the Chiefs in the playoffs.

01-05-2014, 01:43 PM
we covered the spread.

donkhater
01-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Okay, guys, of course I know the Patriots had won championships by then and Belichek is a cheat and Boston fans are jerks and on and on, but they, like us, had built up the whole season for that one game. Everyone was talking. They were shooting for a level they hadn't achieved. People were wondering if they had what it took. They all were trying not to get ahead of themselves. They were excited, and then their defense blew a big lead in the second half, and then they felt like dirt. Sound familiar?

And then there's this guy, a comedian, who had been putting out videos about their miracle season all year and whose job is to make people laugh, and how does he deal with it? He makes fun of himself, and how shitty he feels, and then he advocates healing and moving on. Tell me these don't fit:

Yeah it will, but KC just set the record for most consecutive playoff losses and did it by blowing the second largest lead ever in the playoffs.

So no, it has not happened to other fans. Ever.

Rain Man
01-05-2014, 01:48 PM
I can't imagine the disappointment of going 18-0 and then losing the Super Bowl. But I wish I could.

morphius
01-05-2014, 01:49 PM
To be honest I'm healing by not watching any of the other playoff games. I don't blame the NFL or refs for the loss, but right now the entire league can take a flaming flying leap and I wouldn't care. I don't know who else won yesterday, and don't know what scores there are now. I might end up watching the Superbowl, but unless I get an invite somewhere I might skip that too. Especially if Manning is in it.

okcchief
01-05-2014, 01:50 PM

This

If I had 3 Superbowls to hang my hat on it would be much easier to move on.

Exactly what I told an Alabama friend of mine when they lost to Auburn this year.

Titty Meat
01-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Get a nice Vietnamese girl

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 01:51 PM
This

If I had 3 Superbowls to hang my hat on it would be much easier to move on.

Exactly what I told an Alabama friend of mine when they lost to Auburn this year.

This is why as a Raider fan, I can take a few "Off Years"

Rain Man
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
This is why as a Raider fan, I can take a few "Off Years"

Your last Super Bowl win was in 1984. It might be time to clock in.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Why stop at the Patriots? Why not use the Yankees as an example too. Smh.

The only team that can maybe sympathize with us.... MAYBE would be the Cleveland Browns.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Your last Super Bowl win was in 1984. It might be time to clock in.

Just Drool Baby!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReUR8kHkYvGX3jYgzHdX3hhVBPdzZDkv9rjal5MPW2lCKU-7gr7Q

FloridaMan88
01-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Just Drool Baby!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReUR8kHkYvGX3jYgzHdX3hhVBPdzZDkv9rjal5MPW2lCKU-7gr7Q

Al Davis has more life than the Raiders franchise.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Al Davis has more life than the Raiders franchise.

Let it out bro, I know it hurts, I am here for you :thumb:

FloridaMan88
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Let it out bro, I know it hurts, I am here for you :thumb:

Yep your presence is a reminder that there are always worse situations to be in… see the Raiders franchise since 2003.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Yep your presence is a reminder that there are always worse situations to be in… see the Raiders franchise since 2003.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
At least we aren't Cincy....

Rain Man
01-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Just Drool Baby!

Al's motto for his final three or four years, right?

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Al's motto for his final three or four years, right?

Yea, it's hell to get old, Hopefully we make it
Look at it again:thumb:

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Hey, Did Derrick Thoimas leave anything for his 17 kids?

Pablo
01-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Al's motto for his final three or four years, right?LMAO

Rainman with the rare snide remark.

KC_Connection
01-05-2014, 02:40 PM
You're comparing us to a Boston sports team? LMAO

If you want a comparable situation, look no further than my Leafs collapse to the Bruins last spring in Game 7 with a 4-1 lead in the last 10 minutes. They hadn't won a championship in 46 years, hadn't made the playoffs in 10, and it all ended with an unreal, improbable collapse (the likes of which hadn't ever been seen in the NHL Playoffs before). As a fan of them, I haven't truly gotten over that particular loss yet, but it has at least gotten easier with time. I suppose I look at it that such failures will make the eventual successes all the more gratifying. You know, assuming we ever get those successes.

Al Bundy
01-05-2014, 03:17 PM

:clap: Dumbfuck.

Easy 6
01-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Now this is a fan base that can relate…

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/Browns.gif

THIS.