PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is the shine on Andy Reid already tarnished a bit?

Rexx
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I am still reeling from one of the worst Chief losses in history and I've seen most of them as a fan of 30 years. I like to think I've got pretty good intuition and here is my worry...

It was nice to see Andy Reid turn the ship around so quickly. I don't think any of us envisioned such a quick turnaround, restoring hope to the fan base and putting people in the seats. That being said, I'm concerned that Reid could likely loose control of this ship pretty quickly if things don't progress from this point.

1. Reid obviously has little understanding of clock management. Yes, we heard that from Philly fans...but witnessing it first hand takes any of the doubt away. Up 28, he needs to attempt to burn some clock to limit the Indy possessions. Many issues throughout the season...there has to be someone who can help him with this.

2. He is extremely loyal to his players and assistant coaches. Because of that, we will likely not see any changes to the staff as he has already mentioned. Sorry Reid, but after that kind of meltdown and getting trashed by national media, a change to the defensive coordinator position should be made. Being stuck with Sutton for the next several years is not going to take us to the next level. As mentioned numerous times on this forum, Sutton is unwilling to make changes or bring pressure when needed...he coaches scared! And it appears Reid will allow this to continue as he had 8 weeks to help change it and did not. NOT A GOOD SIGN AT ALL.

3. Reid has always been known as a "players" coach. He doesn't lay blame and players seems to like that. However, I question his ability to motivate his players especially on the defensive side of the ball. You never see any of the coaching staff show much emotion nor the players. Andy sits back staring at his play calling chart and that's about it. Maybe he has a few of the Marty speeches down, but I don't see it on the field. I also know this was a concern in Philly as he didn't always hold his players accountable when looking at results and effort aka Kendrick Lewis.

4. His general lack of commitment to the run. I'm all for passing as it's a passing league. However, when 1st and goal on the 4 yard line...run the damn ball. GEEZ.

I hope I'm wrong, but these issues are pretty alarming and makes me question if Reid is the long term answer even though he won 11 games this year. Things are going to get tougher...he needs to improve or he will sink eventually. My 2 cents.....

I'm starting to think we should have looked at a young, up and coming coach instead of a retread with proven faults. Some may say this is an overreaction coming one day after a playoff loss...but these things have been apparent for the last 8 games. Anyone else feel this way?

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 03:40 PM
shit yes. he is what he is, and he's Dick Schottenheimer part II.

we'll never win a Super Bowl with him.

we'll prolly never win a Super Bowl anyway.

I'm gonna go outside and lay in the snow.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-05-2014, 03:41 PM
The Chiefs needed instant success after 2012. Hunt did what he had to.

Marcellus
01-05-2014, 03:43 PM
No its year 1.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2014, 03:44 PM
I am still reeling from one of the worst Chief losses in history and I've seen most of them as a fan of 30 years. I like to think I've got pretty good intuition and here is my worry...

It was nice to see Andy Reid turn the ship around so quickly. I don't think any of us envisioned such a quick turnaround, restoring hope to the fan base and putting people in the seats. That being said, I'm concerned that Reid could likely loose control of this ship pretty quickly if things don't progress from this point.

1. Reid obviously has little understanding of clock management. Yes, we heard that from Philly fans...but witnessing it first hand takes any of the doubt away. Up 28, he needs to attempt to burn some clock to limit the Indy possessions. Many issues throughout the season...there has to be someone who can help him with this.

2. He is extremely loyal to his players and assistant coaches. Because of that, we will likely not see any changes to the staff as he has already mentioned. Sorry Reid, but after that kind of meltdown and getting trashed by national media, a change to the defensive coordinator position should be made. Being stuck with Sutton for the next several years is not going to take us to the next level. As mentioned numerous times on this forum, Sutton is unwilling to make changes or bring pressure when needed...he coaches scared! And it appears Reid will allow this to continue as he had 8 weeks to help change it and did not. NOT A GOOD SIGN AT ALL.

3. Reid has always been known as a "players" coach. He doesn't lay blame and players seems to like that. However, I question his ability to motivate his players especially on the defensive side of the ball. You never see any of the coaching staff show much emotion nor the players. Andy sits back staring at his play calling chart and that's about it. Maybe he has a few of the Marty speeches down, but I don't see it on the field. I also know this was a concern in Philly as he didn't always hold his players accountable when looking at results and effort aka Kendrick Lewis.

4. His general lack of commitment to the run. I'm all for passing as it's a passing league. However, when 1st and goal on the 4 yard line...run the damn ball. GEEZ.

I hope I'm wrong, but these issues are pretty alarming and makes me question if Reid is the long term answer even though he won 11 games this year. Things are going to get tougher...he needs to improve or he will sink eventually. My 2 cents.....

I'm starting to think we should have looked at a young, up and coming coach instead of a retread with proven faults. Some may say this is an overreaction coming one day after a playoff loss...but these things have been apparent for the last 8 games. Anyone else feel this way?

Right on point 1 and 2. Not right on point 3 and 4. Andy Reid is a player's coach, but not the same way Norv or Romeo are. He is exceptional at motivating players and has a history of having them well prepared to play. There are two youtube videos of him coaching the sideline. Will definitely change your perception of Reid.

He is definitely an exceptional coach. But yes, point 1 and 2 could easily do him in, and nobody should be surprised that these things are happening. The Chiefs have to not only be Super Bowl good, they have to also be good enough to overcome Reid's mistakes in big situations.

KCFaninSEA
01-05-2014, 03:45 PM
His history of building the Eagles and then sustaining that franchise leads me to believe he will do the same here. Get in the dance and see what happens. I can not think of someone who is available who gives us a better chance.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I'll tell you who the shine had tarnished on. As much as I love him, Jamaal Charles. I know he legitimately got hurt but in games like that you have to be there for your team, especially when you're the best player on the team.

I bet he doesn't get a concussion in Hawaii.

ThaVirus
01-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I'll tell you who the shine had tarnished on. As much as I love him, Jamaal Charles. I know he legitimately got hurt but in games like that you have to be there for your team, especially when you're the best player on the team.

He didn't have a choice.

The NFL has become VERY strict with concussion injuries with all the recent lawsuits that are cropping up.

Marcellus

Anyone who thinks JC had any choice in playing after the injury or not is pretty GD dumb.

chiefzilla1501

I am almost positive this was not Charles' decision to make. And he did not look at all happy when he was taken into the locker room.

ThaVirus
01-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Back to Reid, he does piss me off and there's a good chance his "limitations" and tendencies will prevent us from winning anything meaningful in his time here, but he's worked wonders on this offense.

mcaj22

this is why you dont depend on a RB in a Pass Happy league

Big Poppa Payne
He didn't have a choice.

The NFL has become VERY strict with concussion injuries with all the recent lawsuits that are cropping up.

I understand that.

gosampel
01-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Like my dad said years ago to the Hunt's the nfl football is a hobby, not a job they make their main money on

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 03:51 PM
He didn't have a choice.

this.

he looked PISSED

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Anyone who thinks JC had any choice in playing after the injury or not is pretty GD dumb.

I understand football. I know he didn't have a choice. It's an unfortunate thing that probably hurt us in the 4th quarter but we'll never know.

01-05-2014, 03:53 PM

You do realize that was not Jamaals decision right? the doctors would not let him play.

kcpasco
Was anyone truly confident in handing the ball off to Davis all game with his fumbling issues? Andy would have ran the ball more if Charles did not get hurt.

NWTF

Probably.

Andy is a good coach but when the heat is turned up ala Playoffs, hes not at his best at playcalling and such.

Like Dungy said, Andy called the entire 2nd half like the score was 0-0. A bit more clock bleeding and the Colts just dont have enough possessions to make that comeback.

Hammock Parties
No. We played a playoff game with Dwayne Bowe and a bunch of scrubs and scored 44 points.

Fuck all Andy Reid haters. He is who I thought he was, and I'm glad he's our coach.

Molitoth
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Eagles fans probably laughed their asses off while watching our game yesterday.

Big Poppa Payne
You do realize that was not Jamaals decision right? the doctors would not let him play.

Yes I do know that. I just think it will tarnish his legacy as a Chief. I don't agree with it but there will always be the "what if Jamall didn't get hurt" hanging over his head.

Eleazar
Reid is the same person he's always been.

jspchief
01-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I knew about #1 and #4 and am already feeling that frustration.

I'll wait and see on #2 and #3

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes I do know that. I just think it will tarnish his legacy as a Chief. I don't agree with it but there will always be the "what if Jamall didn't get hurt" hanging over his head.

Jamaal is less than 300 yards away from being the top Chiefs rusher of all time. His legacy in the eyes of Chiefs fans is all but cemented.

Prison Bitch
01-05-2014, 03:58 PM

/endthread

ThaVirus
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM

If shouldn't be at all.

If I remember correctly, Jamaal had something like 9 carries for 91 yards and a TD in the playoff game against Baltimore. He was one the only bright spots.

Then he came out and had, what, three runs for about 20 yards against Indy last night? He likely would have had another big game.

Jamaal deserves no heat.

mlyonsd
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Reid is the same person he's always been.

There's the troubling part.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2014, 04:00 PM

There's no way it affects his legacy. It was clear as day that this was not Jamaal's decision to make, and he was pissed about it. The concussion test was conducted by a person who has no affiliation with the Chiefs. Charles, Reid, Hunt... none of those guys have any say whatsoever on whether Charles can go back into the game.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Jamaal is less than 300 yards away from being the top Chiefs rusher of all time. His legacy in the eyes of Chiefs fans is all but cemented.

He's one of the best no doubt, he's my favorite player. All I'm saying is him not being there was the equivilant of Priest Holmes fumbling in the no punt game. We needed Jamaal yesterday if only for the respect that the defense gives him and he could've been a valuable weapon in the 2nd half. Which we needed, but I understand he got hurt and he had no choice but to sit out. It just seems like these types of things always happen to us. 1993 and Montana going down with a concussion in Buffalo, things like that.

R8RFAN
01-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Reid is a good coach, he took you from total shit to the playoffs in one year.

MichaelH
01-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Eagles fans probably laughed their asses off while watching our game yesterday.

They did. Three good friends are Eagles fans. I heard "I told you so" about 20 times last night.

I'm not ready to throw Andy Reid into the street yet. I'd like to see an improved secondary and wide receivers next year. If certain positions are upgraded and the same result happens, the tarnish will be off.

Easy 6
01-05-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm fine and dandy with Andy... but, and I didnt want to have to say it, Sutton needs to go, he doesnt adjust worth a DAMN, we've seen the second half slide ALL year and he seems to lack creativity.

The pressure/sack drought is maddening, theres plenty of talent here to do better... and I'm dead sick of his monkeying around with Powe, barely playing Catapano and refusing to sub guys in to keep the starters fresh.

We can do better than this guy.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2014, 04:06 PM

I was about to suggest you kill yourself, so good show.

Iconic
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Lol CP is so much more enjoyable with these dramatic overreactions... God I love losing.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
alex Smith is a good qb, he took you from total shit to the playoffs in one year.
fixed yer post

Sure-Oz
01-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Chiefs should fire Reid if they go 0-4 in preseason in 2014

RippedmyFlesh
01-05-2014, 04:08 PM
The only thing that bothers me about Reid is play calling when we are in short yardage situations near the goal line. Going for fg's with less than a yard for a td. He runs wide open O then goes all Herm in the redzone.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I was about to suggest you kill yourself, so good show.

I was on that trip about 5:50PM last night - I thought about slitting my wrists and laying in the bathtub, but I chose to finish watching the Chiefs instead.

Big Poppa Payne
Reid is good, he's a 1000 times better than Romeo Crennel, Todd Haley and Herm Edwards.

Marcellus
They did. Three good friends are Eagles fans. I heard "I told you so" about 20 times last night.

I'm not ready to throw Andy Reid into the street yet. I'd like to see an improved secondary and wide receivers next year. If certain positions are upgraded and the same result happens, the tarnish will be off.

Like Eagles fans ever lost a playoff game in that fashion.

Thats like saying I told you so to them after they lost to NO.

HMc
01-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Can't believe his being ruled out due to concussion has some people thinking Charles' legacy will be tarnished. There are some genuinely thick people on this board.

MahiMike
01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Too early for this.

philfree
01-05-2014, 04:23 PM
No tarnish for me. I see a DV era type of improvement on offense coming next year. I find that exciting.

Prison Bitch
01-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Reid is good, he's a 1000 times better than Romeo Crennel, Todd Haley and Herm Edwards.

He's now tied with those two for all time playoff wins in KC at 0-1. Let's hope he can outdo them.

Red Dawg
01-05-2014, 04:24 PM
No its year 1.

I agree. Andy has put his team in the playoffs 10 of 15 years. He is on year one and probably won't have his team assembled until year three. He will give us a chance each year.

milkman
01-05-2014, 04:25 PM

I am in awe of the sheer stupidity of this post.

SAUTO
01-05-2014, 04:28 PM

me too.

milkman
01-05-2014, 04:46 PM
I can not disagree with the first point anymore.
Andy Reid tried to utilize the run game t burn some clock, and the ground game produced about 2 yards per carry.

With that result, Reid turned to the short passing game.

But where he failed, as far as I'm concerned, is that he went conservative to protect the lead with 12 or 13 minutes left in the the 3rd quarter.

I don't care how much you are up, that's far too early to go into lead protection mode.

fishnut
01-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Yep, this one takes the cake, stupidity on a scale seldom seen in the history of mankind. JC didn't have a choice after being hurt. :clap:

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Andy Reid tried to utilize the run game t burn some clock, and the ground game produced about 2 yards per carry.

But where he failed, as far as I'm concerned, is that he went conservative to protect the lead with 12 or 13 minutes left in the the 3rd quarter.

I don't care how much you are up, that's far too early to go into lead protection mode.

should've kept attacking deep, matching score for score. You can control a game that way too - and he actually has the qb to do it for once.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Yep, this one takes the cake, stupidity on a scale seldom seen in the history of mankind. JC didn't have a choice after being hurt. :clap:

I know he didn't have a choice. I'm not saying it was his fault either. It just is what it is. He got hurt and we'll never know what his impact on the game would've been.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
I know he didn't have a choice. I'm not saying it was his fault either. It just is what it is. He got hurt and we'll never know what his impact on the game would've been.

dude, you blamed him like he took himself out the game or something.

JC is a baller - and probably the best all-around back the Chiefs have ever had in my lifetime.

KChiefs1
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Yes a bit but he took a disaster & made them a playoff team.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
dude, you blamed him like he took himself out the game or something.

That's not what I meant. I'm a big fan of JC, he's obviously our best player. I just think it hurts him in the eyes of some people that he got hurt and went out of the game. I've already heard it on NFL Network today, the "what if JC didn't get hurt".

I play football. I know he didn't purposely get hurt.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 05:04 PM
That's not what I meant. I'm a big fan of JC, he's obviously our best player. I just think it hurts him in the eyes of some people that he got hurt and went out of the game. I've already heard it on NFL Network today, the "what if JC didn't get hurt".

I play football. I know he didn't purposely get hurt.

well, that doesn't do anything to diminish my opinions of his durability, performance, or passion for the game.

and I couldn't watch any of the postgame last night or pregame today. pissed off that I'm snowed in.

Ragged Robin
01-05-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't blame Andy for the complete and utter defensive meltdown that cost us the season. He's brought respectability back to the franchise and his offense eventually came around. Now if he decides to keep Sutton going into next season..

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 05:09 PM
well, that doesn't do anything to diminish my opinions of his durability, performance, or passion for the game.

and I couldn't watch any of the postgame last night or pregame today. pissed off that I'm snowed in.

Be thankful you didn't watch, it was as painful as the loss. We're pretty much jokes to the rest of the NFL fans across the nation. LOTS of I told you so's.

Rausch
01-05-2014, 05:17 PM
I don't blame Andy for the complete and utter defensive meltdown that cost us the season. He's brought respectability back to the franchise and his offense eventually came around.

This.

In the end Andy is responsible for the team's performance but if you think he had any part in our defense giving up a TD on every drive that didn't end in a turnover you're fucking high.

Sutton $3it the bed and didn't have our guys playing deep enough knowing they had to throw and score quick...

ClevelandBronco
01-05-2014, 05:21 PM

I've read that you don't need a better coach, you just need a better plot line.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Be thankful you didn't watch, it was as painful as the loss. We're pretty much jokes to the rest of the NFL fans across the nation. LOTS of I told you so's.

I believe it.

nah, we just need to draft an anointed 'future of the position' at qb - or someone with the surname of Manning.

Lex Luthor
01-05-2014, 06:24 PM

Don't be such an idiot. What the fuck was Charles supposed to do? Was he supposed to go into the clubhouse, fire up his flux capacitor, jump back into the past and prevent his head from hitting the turf?

He didn't want to come out of the game. The NFL is scared to death of all of the concussion lawsuits, and they have made the concussion protocol MANDATORY.

The idiocy of some people around here is astounding.

Valiant
01-05-2014, 06:41 PM
No its year 1.

It is not the 80s or 90s anymore, most of the league does not need multiple year rebuilding. You should be able to compete year in year out, tops in 2 years. Unless you are one of those franchises like the Browns or the Chiefs.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 06:51 PM
It is not the 80s or 90s anymore, most of the league does not need multiple year rebuilding. You should be able to compete year in year out, tops in 2 years. Unless you are one of those franchises like the Browns or the Chiefs.

hard, hard fact of life.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Don't be such an idiot. What the fuck was Charles supposed to do? Was he supposed to go into the clubhouse, fire up his flux capacitor, jump back into the past and prevent his head from hitting the turf?

He didn't want to come out of the game. The NFL is scared to death of all of the concussion lawsuits, and they have made the concussion protocol MANDATORY.

The idiocy of some people around here is astounding.

Hey jackoff.. I'm not saying it was his fault, I understand he couldn't go back in. I'm just telling you what the media has been saying today, mainly NFL Network. They questioned his toughness.

Lex Luthor
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Hey jackoff.. I'm not saying it was his fault, I understand he couldn't go back in. I'm just telling you what the media has been saying today, mainly NFL Network. They questioned his toughness.

Liar.

You're trying to backtrack from the stupidity of your original post. You said "you have to be there for your team" and "I bet he doesn't get a concussion in Hawaii".

You were stupid. At least own it.

McBeard
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Reid is still shining bright for me. There will never be a coach that wouldn't piss you guys off. Even if Landry, Knoll, Walsh, or Lombardi was coaching the Chiefs there would still be major complaints and knit picking. It's the way it rolls in fan bases.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Liar.

You're trying to backtrack from the stupidity of your original post. You said "you have to be there for your team" and "I bet he doesn't get a concussion in Hawaii".

You were stupid. At least own it.

I'm a big dummy.

I think for whatever reason the Chiefs are playoff cursed. Shit like that doesn't happen to other teams.

Easy 6
01-05-2014, 07:03 PM
NFL Network was questioning his toughness?

Yeah, not buying that at any price.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
NFL Network was questioning his toughness?

Yeah, not buying that at any price.

They talked about his impact had he not gotten hurt. They also talked about his torn ACL injury. So in a way.. They did.

Lex Luthor
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM
They talked about his impact had he not gotten hurt. They also talked about his torn ACL injury. So in a way.. They did.

I thought there was hope for you as a poster when you admitted that you were a big dummy. But then you negated that when you insisted that the NFL was questioning Jamaal Charles' toughness when it's clear that they weren't.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 07:14 PM
I thought there was hope for you as a poster when you admitted that you were a big dummy. But then you negated that when you insisted that the NFL was questioning Jamaal Charles' toughness when it's clear that they weren't.

I guess I'm not worthy of being a "poster" then. Lol.

I'm just telling you how I feel. Charles is a great running back and I do feel he will be tarnished by this injury, especially if the Chiefs don't make it back to the playoffs in the next couple of years. I'm not stupid, I know it's not his fault he got hurt and I know he had no control to go back in. That doesn't change the fact that when we needed him the most, he wasn't there.

cdcox
01-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Was anyone truly confident in handing the ball off to Davis all game with his fumbling issues? Andy would have ran the ball more if Charles did not get hurt.

Davis averaged 3.7 yards per carry. Feeding him the rock on a predictable basis was going to lead to a lot of 3 and outs. The problem on offense wasn't that we didn't run clock, it is that we didn't score enough points in the 2nd half.

milkman
01-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Davis averaged 3.7 yards per carry. Feeding him the rock on a predictable basis was going to lead to a lot of 3 and outs. The problem on offense wasn't that we didn't run clock, it is that we didn't score enough points in the 2nd half.

No, the problem on offense is that Reid tried to utilize the short passing game to burn clock rather than continue to attack.

milkman
01-05-2014, 07:32 PM

I'm just telling you how I feel. Charles is a great running back and I do feel he will be tarnished by this injury, especially if the Chiefs don't make it back to the playoffs in the next couple of years. I'm not stupid, I know it's not his fault he got hurt and I know he had no control to go back in. That doesn't change the fact that when we needed him the most, he wasn't there.

You're a fucking moron.

Sadly, there's no rule against moronacy.

InChiefsHeaven
01-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Ah fuck. We scored 44 goddam points. That's more than enough to win a fucking game. When you are up by 4 fucking TDs in the second half, you have no business losing...unless your defense shits the bed with corn and peanut filled steaming piles of diarrhea. Fuck this "defense". That's where the problem was and is.

RippedmyFlesh
01-05-2014, 07:37 PM

This
The mistake was taking the foot off the pedal. Alex was hot so I figure better to keep passing than try to run without Charles.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 07:37 PM
You're a fucking moron.

Sadly, there's no rule against moronacy.

You guys are completely missing what I'm saying. I'll just stay off the boards because you guys know it all. It must be nice to know everything there is to know about football.

I love the Chiefs and I love JC. I just feel like once again we got the short end of the stick, when we needed him he wasn't there. In 1993 we needed Joe Montana and he went out with a concussion. In 1995 we needed a kicker, in 1997 we needed a TD call to go our way. In 2003 we needed Priest not to fumble and in 2013 we needed our horse running back and he was hurt.

You guys think I'm bashing JC and I'm not.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Nothing is tarnished. You're the only one that's brought it up. It's not like his bones broke because he's skinny. It's not like he had a mild ankle sprain and didnt tough it out. His head hit the ground hard. It's not like Moeaki getting stung by some mysterious injury . Every single player whose head hits the ground is vulnerable to concussion.

In most years, he is probably cleared to play. This was a complete freak thing that has nothing to do with injury history or toughness.

DaWolf
01-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Too many big plays given up, that was the issue. If Reid has any problem, it is that he hasn't been able to find a great DC since Jim Johnson. But let's not fool ourselves here. They inherited a 2-14 defense with some overrated talent, and it showed once we played some real QBs. We need to draft some talent and people who will play solid and disciplined in the back end...

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Ah fuck. We scored 44 goddam points. That's more than enough to win a fucking game. When you are up by 4 fucking TDs in the second half, you have no business losing...unless your defense shits the bed with corn and peanut filled steaming piles of diarrhea. Fuck this "defense". That's where the problem was and is.

I agree man, the defense lost that game.

dj56dt58
01-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Did you copy and paste that from a 2003 Dick Vermiel discussion?

Just Passin' By
01-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Andy Reid is Andy Reid. He's the same guy he was in Philly. I don't understand why there would be any issue of tarnish.

GloryDayz
01-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Like my dad said years ago to the Hunt's the nfl football is a hobby, not a job they make their main money on

LOL, we often forget that what the Hunt's make on the Chefs is just shoe money for the family's girls and a great opportunity to meet Pro players and to travel. If not for the ladies shoe shopping, Clark would lose the $30M in the sofa! :thumb:

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 09:20 PM
LOL, we often forget that what the Hunt's make on the Chefs is just shoe money for the family's girls and a great opportunity to meet Pro players and to travel. If not for the ladies shoe shopping, Clark would lose the $30M in the sofa! :thumb:

yep. he don't even really give a shit. The Chiefs were his daddy's baby.

rabblerouser
01-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Andy Reid is Andy Reid. He's the same guy he was in Philly. I don't understand why there would be any issue of tarnish.

yep. I posted those exact words earlier.

get ready for 10+ years of double digit wins and certain playoff losses.

:banghead::banghead:

FloridaMan88
01-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Andy Reid did a great job this year.

Hopefully he makes the right decision and fires Sutton.

Also Dorsey needs another big offseason this year to ensure the Chiefs get back to the playoffs next season.

TEX
01-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Andy Reid did a great job this year.

Hopefully he makes the right decision and fires Sutton.

Also Dorsey needs another big offseason this year to ensure the Chiefs get back to the playoffs next season.

I agree. The deal is he is not going to fire Sutton and because of that, the shine for me has tarnished a bit. He does not need to let Sutton be GRob part Deaux. If he ignores the early signs and does nothing, that's exactly where this is headed.

GloryDayz
01-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I agree. The deal is he is not going to fire Sutton and because of that, the shine for me has tarnished a bit. He does not need to let Sutton be GRob part Deaux. If he ignores the early signs and does nothing, that's exactly where this is headed.

I don't think Bob knows how to be anything but Greg Part-II. The man isn't going to change at 62, so Andy would need to silently replace him (let him stand around but mute his Mic and let some other ghost coach call the plays) if he wants to see any creativity out of the skill-challenged goons.

FloridaMan88
01-05-2014, 09:47 PM
First question out of Andy Reid's mouth to Bob Sutton should have been "Why didn't we make Hilton the focal point of our defense in the second half… why was he wide open virtually every play?"

GloryDayz
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
First question out of Andy Reid's mouth to Bob Sutton should have been "Why didn't we make Hilton the focal point of our defense in the second half… why was he wide open virtually every play?"

Bob: "So, you wanted me to guard a hotel? Are you fucking nuts fat man? How 'bout a glass of warm milk lumpy, we can talk about planes, trains and automobiles?"

Wallcrawler
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
You guys are completely missing what I'm saying. I'll just stay off the boards because you guys know it all. It must be nice to know everything there is to know about football.

Not everything, just more than you. It apparently doesn't take much with the hilarity you've been posting.

I love the Chiefs and I love JC. I just feel like once again we got the short end of the stick, when we needed him he wasn't there. In 1993 we needed Joe Montana and he went out with a concussion.

OR....

We needed our defense to stop Thurman Thomas, and we needed Marty to keep our best defensive player on the football field instead of benching him the entire second half.

In 1995 we needed a kicker,

OR.....

We just needed to do what got us there, which was running the football. Marty abandoned the running game when it was clearly working. That game should not have come down to a FG try, let alone three.

In 2003 we needed Priest not to fumble

Heh.

How about we needed our defense to make a stop? One stop. Putting that loss on Priest Holmes and the offense is about as stupid as trying to put this loss on Alex Smith for missing Cyrus Gray.

and in 2013 we needed our horse running back and he was hurt.

Last I checked, we scored 44 points without Jamaal. Love the guy, but we did fine without him. What we needed was once again, a defense to show up and make stops.

You guys think I'm bashing JC and I'm not.

I actually thought you were attempting to set the record for the furthest anyone has shoved their head up their own ass before posting on an internet board.

Football is a team sport. You cant sit and point fingers at one guy and let slide the atrocity of the performance of one of your team's units. Doesn't work that way.

Charles is very quickly approaching the top of the mountain in terms of Chiefs Franchise Running Backs. The fact that we scored 44 points without him should speak volumes of the talent level and capability of our often questioned Quarterback, given what he did and who he did that with without the threat of Jamaal Charles back there.

Shit happens. He didn't just decide 6 plays into the game to just Peace Out and leave the work to Smith and Knile Davis.

T-post Tom
01-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Reid is fine. Disagree on all points. It's easy to oversimplify when you're "coaching" from the sidelines. JMHO. (And I will gladly join your side if KL is starting FS next season. :))

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Football is a team sport. You cant sit and point fingers at one guy and let slide the atrocity of the performance of one of your team's units. Doesn't work that way.

Charles is very quickly approaching the top of the mountain in terms of Chiefs Franchise Running Backs. The fact that we scored 44 points without him should speak volumes of the talent level and capability of our often questioned Quarterback, given what he did and who he did that with without the threat of Jamaal Charles back there.

Shit happens. He didn't just decide 6 plays into the game to just Peace Out and leave the work to Smith and Knile Davis.

Good points. While you play with comic books I actually play football. I'm entitled to my opinion and I agree they scored 44 without JC. The problem is they needed 46 to get the job done.

I never pointed a finger at a single player, the entire defense fucked that game up. My point was when we needed our playmaker he wasn't there and because of that people will always say "what if" and when you have a "what if" hanging over you it can take away some of the shine. After all that's what the thread is about.

Imon Yourside
01-05-2014, 11:03 PM
No, the problem on offense is that Reid tried to utilize the short passing game to burn clock rather than continue to attack.

Man I 100% agree with that..and to those saying run the ball in the red zone..I'm saying NO! It really didn't work all year..We have to attack down the field....and that's what we lacked in the 2nd half yesterday.

Wallcrawler
01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Good points. While you play with comic books I actually play football. I'm entitled to my opinion and I agree they scored 44 without JC. The problem is they needed 46 to get the job done.

Or, you know, maybe they needed to not give up 35 points in a half of football.

How youre pinning this loss on the offense is quite beyond me. As for you playing football, I don't know why that is even said. Is that supposed to impress anyone here?

It doesn't.

FloridaMan88
01-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Andy Reid is still a million times better than the Herm/Haley/Romeo clown act we had to endure the previous 8 years.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 11:09 PM

How youre pinning this loss on the offense is quite beyond me. As for you playing football, I don't know why that is even said. Is that supposed to impress anyone here?

It doesn't.

Buddy, I'm not blaming the loss on the offense! It's clear as fucking day that the defense blew that game. I'm with you guys man, I'm on the good guys side. I was just posting because NFL Network was talking about JC and "what if". That's all.

CoMoChief
01-05-2014, 11:13 PM
If this team doesn't get it's defense fixed....next season is going to be a 6-10 one at best.

Then the people of KC will want him ran outa town lol.

Lex Luthor
01-05-2014, 11:16 PM

I never pointed a finger at a single player, the entire defense ****ed that game up. My point was when we needed our playmaker he wasn't there and because of that people will always say "what if" and when you have a "what if" hanging over you it can take away some of the shine. After all that's what the thread is about.

I thought you were going to stop posting? Damn, that didn't last long.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 11:17 PM
I thought you were going to stop posting? Damn, that didn't last long.

Funny

Wallcrawler
01-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Buddy, I'm not blaming the loss on the offense! It's clear as ****ing day that the defense blew that game. I'm with you guys man, I'm on the good guys side. I was just posting because NFL Network was talking about JC and "what if". That's all.

So how should one take this statement, if not as an indictment against the offense?

"I agree they scored 44 without JC. The problem was they needed 46 to get the job done."

We didn't need Jamaal to miraculously recover to win that game. We needed the fucking defense to go out and for one single series, do their fucking job.

What ifs are just fodder for media tools who lack the creativity to come up with something worthwhile to talk about. What if the Chiefs fielded a halfway competent defense?

We're not having this discussion, that's what. The real question would have been how many scores would we have crushed them by.

Lex Luthor
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Buddy, I'm not blaming the loss on the offense! It's clear as ****ing day that the defense blew that game. I'm with you guys man, I'm on the good guys side. I was just posting because NFL Network was talking about JC and "what if". That's all.

If you make a stupid post, there are 3 ways to handle it. You can (1) ignore it and wait for everyone to forget about it, (2) admit you made a stupid post and just move on, or (3) make about 20 additional posts about the same fucking topic.

#3 isn't working for you. You're obviously incapable of #2, so my advice is to belatedly go with #1. In other words, if you would just shut up about it, it would blow over. If you continue to look for ways to justify it or excuse it or explain it or try to convince everybody that misunderstood you, you will just prolong your own agony. Drop it and move on.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 11:22 PM
If you make a stupid post, there are 3 ways to handle it. You can (1) ignore it and wait for everyone to forget about it, (2) admit you made a stupid post and just move on, or (3) make about 20 additional posts about the same fucking topic.

#3 isn't working for you. You're obviously incapable of #2, so my advice is to belatedly go with #1. In other words, if you would just shut up about it, it would blow over. If you continue to look for ways to justify it or excuse it or explain it or try to convince everybody that misunderstood you, you will just prolong your own agony. Drop it and move on.

Right on, thanks for the advice. I know I'm new and I'm trying not to step on toes.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 11:22 PM
So how should one take this statement, if not as an indictment against the offense?

"I agree they scored 44 without JC. The problem was they needed 46 to get the job done."

We didn't need Jamaal to miraculously recover to win that game. We needed the fucking defense to go out and for one single series, do their fucking job.

What ifs are just fodder for media tools who lack the creativity to come up with something worthwhile to talk about. What if the Chiefs fielded a halfway competent defense?

We're not having this discussion, that's what. The real question would have been how many scores would we have crushed them by.

I agree with ya man.

Lex Luthor
01-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Right on, thanks for the advice. I know I'm new and I'm trying not to step on toes.
Believe me, everybody on this site has made stupid posts from time to time. I know I've made my share.

Just forget about it, and everybody else will too.

Big Poppa Payne
01-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Believe me, everybody on this site has made stupid posts from time to time. I know I've made my share.

Just forget about it, and everybody else will too.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Mav
01-05-2014, 11:51 PM
I have ignored this thread all day.

I don't understand it.

he watches his premiere player go down. He watches his qb play the game of his life, and he watches his players fall like flies all game.

he was handcuffed with the talent he had on offense to begin with, then you lose not only Charles, but avery, then Knile.

The shine?

I think its shining brighter than ever.

Wallcrawler
01-06-2014, 08:22 AM
I have ignored this thread all day.

I don't understand it.

he watches his premiere player go down. He watches his qb play the game of his life, and he watches his players fall like flies all game.

he was handcuffed with the talent he had on offense to begin with, then you lose not only Charles, but avery, then Knile.

The shine?

I think its shining brighter than ever.

This.

Take a trip back in your mind. I know its tough to relive that game, but go back to the 6th play of the opening drive with Jamaal Charles lying motionless on the turf.

In that moment, did you think that KC had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game? Did you think that Alex Smith would be more than up to the task of carrying this football team on his back with wildly inconsistent receivers and here today, gone tomorrow pass protection, all with the dreaded GAME MANAGER label slapped firmly across his chest?

I sure didn't.

While the loss was excruciatingly painful, it did open my eyes to one undeniable fact.

Alex Smith can carry this team with his arm. It was the one thing I always questioned about him. Not only did he carry the team with his arm, but he did it without Jamaal even being in the game. The guy who accounted for 1/3 of the KC Chiefs offensive production was out and Smith still orchestrated a 44 point offensive production.

Andy Reid said the entire time that Alex Smith was his guy. He didn't want anyone else, and they never even considered drafting a QB with the first overall pick.

I have my issues with Reid in certain situations, but as far as Im concerned he's done a helluva job with the 2-14 abortion that he took over. Quarterback was our most glaring need and Andy's handpicked guy ****ing delivered. He did. I know we lost the game but Alex Smith showed up to play and the D just left him hanging.

Because of Andy Reid, Im not praying to the football gods for a quarterback this offseason.

Generally the first season is the rough one when a new staff comes in. Im looking forward to what he can do with these guys in year two.

Rausch
01-06-2014, 08:38 AM
This.

Take a trip back in your mind. I know its tough to relive that game, but go back to the 6th play of the opening drive with Jamaal Charles lying motionless on the turf.

In that moment, did you think that KC had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game?

Nope. That exact moment I thought for sure we'd get blown completely the fuck out.

Did you think that Alex Smith would be more than up to the task of carrying this football team on his back with wildly inconsistent receivers and here today, gone tomorrow pass protection, all with the dreaded GAME MANAGER label slapped firmly across his chest?

I sure didn't.

This is exactly what I was 100% sure he could never do.

While the loss was excruciatingly painful, it did open my eyes to one undeniable fact.

Alex Smith can carry this team with his arm. It was the one thing I always questioned about him. Not only did he carry the team with his arm, but he did it without Jamaal even being in the game. The guy who accounted for 1/3 of the KC Chiefs offensive production was out and Smith still orchestrated a 44 point offensive production.

Andy Reid said the entire time that Alex Smith was his guy. He didn't want anyone else, and they never even considered drafting a QB with the first overall pick.

I have my issues with Reid in certain situations, but as far as Im concerned he's done a helluva job with the 2-14 abortion that he took over. Quarterback was our most glaring need and Andy's handpicked guy ****ing delivered. He did. I know we lost the game but Alex Smith showed up to play and the D just left him hanging.

Because of Andy Reid, Im not praying to the football gods for a quarterback this offseason.

Generally the first season is the rough one when a new staff comes in. Im looking forward to what he can do with these guys in year two.

This.

I feel very much like I did with DV and TrINT before he became Green...

MahiMike
01-06-2014, 08:44 AM

Funny, fescoe reams him for passing too much when all he has left is Gray. Then others ream him for being too conservative. I'm gonna ream him for not firing Sutton. But in-game issues were none IMO.

bevischief
01-06-2014, 08:44 AM

This.

MahiMike
01-06-2014, 08:53 AM
I don't think Bob knows how to be anything but Greg Part-II. The man isn't going to change at 62, so Andy would need to silently replace him (let him stand around but mute his Mic and let some other ghost coach call the plays) if he wants to see any creativity out of the skill-challenged goons.

This is a great point. All the old coordinators got famous on what worked 20 yrs ago. The league changes every year. How guys like Romeo and Sutton keep getting jobs is insane.

MahiMike
01-06-2014, 08:58 AM

It doesn't.

Yep. This game turned out just like the home game vs chargers. This isn't tennis. At some point your defense must make a stop. 38, 44, etc. We could score 50 and lose w/the dreads boys.

RunKC
01-06-2014, 09:06 AM
28 passes and only 10 runs in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

I'm sorry but wtf Reid? We were warned about this. I don't give a flying fuck if we were down to Cyrus Gray. Run the ball. Burn the clock. Don't throw incompletions and stop the clock.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 09:09 AM

I'm sorry but wtf Reid? We were warned about this. I don't give a flying **** if we were down to Cyrus Gray. Run the ball. Burn the clock. Don't throw incompletions and stop the clock.

Did you even watch the game? We Avg 2 ypc in 2nd half.

htismaqe
01-06-2014, 09:12 AM

OK, just assume that excuse is acceptable.

What's the excuse for snapping the ball with 14-15 seconds left on the play clock every play then?

Rausch
01-06-2014, 09:14 AM

What's the excuse for snapping the ball with 14-15 seconds left on the play clock every play then?

I didn't notice that but if true that's fucking stupid.

And honestly, on Alex more than Andy...

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 09:16 AM

They snap it with 3 or 5 seconds most plays.

Predarat
01-06-2014, 09:17 AM
It is tarnished a bit, an epic choke job like that is just brutal. However it is very recoverable.

RunKC
01-06-2014, 09:19 AM

I don't care. Burn the clock. I'd rather burn about 4 mins off of each drive trying to run everytime instead of throwing incompletions and stopping the clock.

Our first 2 drives after going up 4 TD's were less than 2 minutes long. If we would have ran the ball everytime that's about 4 minutes on each of those drives.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 09:22 AM
I don't care. Burn the clock. I'd rather burn about 4 mins off of each drive trying to run everytime instead of throwing incompletions and stopping the clock.

Our first 2 drives after going up 4 TD's were less than 2 minutes long. If we would have ran the ball everytime that's about 4 minutes on each of those drives.

Alex was throwing short passes the clock was running. How about the D not give up 3 TD drives under 2 mins each? At least make the Colts work for it.

RunKC
01-06-2014, 09:26 AM
I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but Andy has to try to do the tactical play to win.

I just really wish we had Charles. He would have gotten us the yards to burn the clock

htismaqe
01-06-2014, 09:32 AM
They snap it with 3 or 5 seconds most plays.

They didn't run it down past 14-15 SEVERAL times. They don't manage the clock consistently, or well, for that matter.

MahiMike
01-06-2014, 09:37 AM

I'm sorry but wtf Reid? We were warned about this. I don't give a flying fuck if we were down to Cyrus Gray. Run the ball. Burn the clock. Don't throw incompletions and stop the clock.

So You wanted 3 and outs, burning 90 seconds a possession? Sounds like a plan.

RunKC
01-06-2014, 09:45 AM
So You wanted 3 and outs, burning 90 seconds a possession? Sounds like a plan.

What's better? Throwing incompletions and burning less than 2 minutes on the drive like we did or run everytime and burn roughly 4 minutes?

Each running play will burn about a minute off the clock if you take your time and wait until clock is down to 2 or 1 second to snap the ball

RunKC
01-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Why not get creative? Why not run a power sweep behind Albert, Sherman and Fasano?
Why not use Alex on the QB runs that worked so well the first half?

Chiefnj2
01-06-2014, 09:57 AM
You have to try to run the ball and the clock.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
2nd half Drives

3 plays TD 1:15 elapsed
4 plays 32 yards Smith fumble 2:47 elapsed
3 plays 5 Yards Punt 1:34 elapsed (2 runs on the 3 and out)
3 plays 4 yards FG 1:32 elapsed (1 run no yards)
6 plays 40 yards 2:44 elapsed (2 runs plays)
11 plays 58 yards FG 5:02 elapsed (3 run plays)
6 plays 37 yards 2:26 elapsed (Last drive)

So in the 2nd half the Chiefs had the ball for 17min 20sec

What more do you want the O to do?

The Colts scored 35 points in 12 min 40sec. CAN WE PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE O

Lex Luthor
01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
You have to try to run the ball and the clock.
Not when your only running back is Cyrus Gray. How can you guys not understand that?

HemiEd
01-06-2014, 10:02 AM

Well said, and when I saw this happening it triggered my concerns.

Chiefnj2
01-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Not when your only running back is Cyrus Gray. How can you guys not understand that?

It wasn't gray the entire time. Your OL has to man up and open some holes. Not running it worked out oh so we'll.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2014, 10:05 AM
how hard is this guys? The defense gave up 45 fucking points and had a 28 point lead. Blaming the offense for any of that game is ridiculous.

HemiEd
01-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Andy Reid is still a million times better than the Herm/Haley/Romeo clown act we had to endure the previous 8 years.

Yep, and Alex Smith is a 100 times better than Matt Cassel. We are good to go.

Chiefnj2
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
2nd half Drives

3 plays TD 1:15 elapsed
4 plays 32 yards Smith fumble 2:47 elapsed
3 plays 5 Yards Punt 1:34 elapsed (2 runs on the 3 and out)
3 plays 4 yards FG 1:32 elapsed (1 run no yards)
6 plays 40 yards 2:44 elapsed (2 runs plays)
11 plays 58 yards FG 5:02 elapsed (3 run plays)
6 plays 37 yards 2:26 elapsed (Last drive)

So in the 2nd half the Chiefs had the ball for 17min 20sec

What more do you want the O to do?

The Colts scored 35 points in 12 min 40sec. CAN WE PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE O

Why can't you fathom that some of the blame can be spread around? When you blow a 28 point second half lead, lots of things went wrong. How about a kickoff return making it past the twenty? Bowe dropping a third down pass? Reid's play calling and use of timeouts? Lack of a pass rush? Smith's strip sack? Houston letting a ball sail right through his hands? Hemingway not blocking for Bowe? Where were KCs defensive leaders? All little things that could have changed the outcome.

Chiefnj2
01-06-2014, 10:15 AM
how hard is this guys? The defense gave up 45 ****ing points and had a 28 point lead. Blaming the offense for any of that game is ridiculous.

If Smith connects with Gray you don't think the outcome is different?

RunKC
01-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Nobody is bagging the O. It's Reid. You could tell he went into lead protection mode and that's unacceptable

Sure-Oz
01-06-2014, 10:19 AM

How about asking the defense to make a fucking play? Not let their offense score in 2 minute intervals with epic amounts of ease?

They made what 3 total plays at that was turnovers all game? No defense should choke like that being up 4 tds in the 3rd quarter. that should be ballgame

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Nobody is bagging the O. It's Reid. You could tell he went into lead protection mode and that's unacceptable

35 points in 12m this is on the D

DeezNutz
01-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Petro with a great opening monologue. Blows up Sutton. Says that Reid's potential decision to keep him is very reminiscent of Vermeil's misdirected loyalty to inept assistants.

Spot on.

Must have major change on the defensive side of the ball. By the numbers, the Chiefs were among the very worst in the league in the second half of the year.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Petro with a great opening monologue. Blows up Sutton. Says that Reid's potential decision to keep him is very reminiscent of Vermeil's misdirected loyalty to inept assistants.

Spot on.

Must have major change on the defensive side of the ball. By the numbers, the Chiefs were among the very worst in the league in the second half of the year.

Career day defense lives, except i dont recall them giving up td drives in 2 min every damn time

DeezNutz
01-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Career day defense lives, except i dont recall them giving up td drives in 2 min every damn time

I was still optimistic even with the momentum turn on Saturday because I felt like the clock, more than anything, was so far in KC's favor that it was going to be damn near impossible for IND to come all the way back.

Oops.

Mismanagement of a lot of things killed us.

Jimmya
01-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Blame goes to the whole team.

Simply Red
01-06-2014, 10:36 AM
I think Andy gets the offense motivated, we just need attention to the defense. Plus add another receiver. I'm pleased with this season - just a drastic blow to absorb, that loss like that.

HemiEd
01-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Why can't you fathom that some of the blame can be spread around? When you blow a 28 point second half lead, lots of things went wrong. How about a kickoff return making it past the twenty? Bowe dropping a third down pass? Reid's play calling and use of timeouts? Lack of a pass rush? Smith's strip sack? Houston letting a ball sail right through his hands? Hemingway not blocking for Bowe? Where were KCs defensive leaders? All little things that could have changed the outcome.

That is way too complicated of a thought process for some of these people.

44 points should just be enough, no matter what happened.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
That is way too complicated of a thought process for some of these people.

44 points should just be enough, no matter what happened.

35 points in 12 minutes need i say more? This is on the D 4 touchdown each Under 2 minutes

HemiEd
01-06-2014, 11:05 AM
35 points in 12 minutes need i say more? This is on the D 4 touchdown each Under 2 minutes

When you are in a shootout, which this was, you have to keep shooting and hitting. No question, the D was pure ass, but they did get 4 turnovers. Alex Smith played his ass off and gave it his all, but he was not without fault and even he says that. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309332/article/chiefs-alex-smith-regrets-missed-pass-to-cyrus-gray)It was a team and coaching devastating loss.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-06-2014, 11:10 AM
When you are in a shootout, which this was, you have to keep shooting and hitting. No question, the D was pure ass, but they did get 4 turnovers. Alex Smith played his ass off and gave it his all, but he was not without fault and even he says that. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309332/article/chiefs-alex-smith-regrets-missed-pass-to-cyrus-gray)It was a team and coaching devastating loss.

38-10 Please tell me again why this game turned into a shootout?

KChiefs1
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM

The team that draft's Manziel will be on the NFL's favorite list.

jd1020
01-06-2014, 11:16 AM
38-10 Please tell me again why this game turned into a shootout?

Because the Chiefs emptied their clips in the first half while the Colts still had a couple loaded 50 cal's.

ViperVisor
01-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Don't listen to the talking head idiots.

The clock was burning well enough. Not many incompletions. 1 was a 3rd and 5 not caught by Bowe. AJ and Dexter with no awareness running out of bounds.

From the 2nd half kickoff to the lead lost under 5 min.

KC 14 minutes, 54 seconds of possession
INDY 10 minutes, 30 seconds of possession

The problem is 90% the defense barfing all over themselves.
35 Points allowed in 10 and a half min.

The defense was not tired. All the TV timeouts and injury timeouts. They were only on the field 20 minutes the entire game before the Colts kneel down victory formations.

Anyong Bluth
01-06-2014, 11:18 AM
2-14

11-5 - really 12-4.

This is fucking stupid.

Sandy Vagina
01-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Not so much about Reid, but the game itself...

The score is 45-44 and there is just over 2 minutes left. Two very nice Smith to Bowe connections... and Knile run, and KC is just inside the short 40 yd line. It is 2nd and 7..

The play intended is to be a WR screen to McC.

First major issue.. Stephenson at RT barely gets a hand on the 2 pt stance rusher coming around the edge... he turned back inside to help against the DL, but there was zero need for that, as Sherman stepped in front of him.

Second issue... Jeff Allen at LG completely leaves the DE alone on the other side, because he wants to run straight our to potentially block for the WR screen YAC. Free rush up the LG gap and essentially a free rush around the RT edge...

Yes, this was the intentional grounding call... which for all we can tell, Alex is trying to throw the ball somewhere legit.. but the sandwiched hits on him allowed for the ball to go wildly out of bounds.

terrible decision from the RT to barely touch the standup rusher.... terrible decision from LG to not make any contact with the DL before running out wide...

oops... never mind on the underlined... looks now like Alex did make the throw just prior to any contact altering the pass location...

ViperVisor
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM

I have to add the McC ran the play like you would during warm ups.

He goes up sets up the cut and then does a cut. He should be going directly across the field because the throwing lane is going to be inside of the DE not outside.

The play sort of worked and there was a throwing lane but there was no McCluster to receive the pass.
Smith has no way to throw it at the ground near him. A Colts defender is screening off any sight of him.

GoChargers
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM
No offense, but I've long thought of Reid as the new Marty - someone who can turn around a struggling franchise and instill a winning mentality in the regular season, but is too flawed as a coach to get them over the hump to a Super Bowl win. Reid is what KC needed this year, but it could very well take another head coach to build on what Reid's started and deliver that elusive playoff win.

mcaj22
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Not so much about Reid, but the game itself...

The score is 45-44 and there is just over 2 minutes left. Two very nice Smith to Bowe connections... and Knile run, and KC is just inside the short 40 yd line. It is 2nd and 7..

First major issue.. Stephenson at RT barely gets a hand on the 2 pt stance rusher coming around the edge... he turned back inside to help against the DL, but there was zero need for that, as Sherman stepped in front of him.

Second issue... Jeff Allen at LG completely leaves the DE alone on the other side, because he wants to run straight our to potentially block for the WR screen YAC. Free rush up the LG gap and essentially a free rush around the RT edge...

Yes, this was the intentional grounding call... which for all we can tell, Alex is trying to throw the ball somewhere legit.. but the sandwiched hits on him allowed for the ball to go wildly out of bounds.

terrible decision from the RT to barely touch the standup rusher.... terrible decision from LG to not make any contact with the DL before running out wide...

oops... never mind on the underlined... looks now like Alex did make the throw just prior to any contact altering the pass location...

Robert Mathis is just way better than any lineman that we have/threw it him. Nobody on the Chiefs can block him.

The other guy running in free was that stupid MLBer they have from the CFL. He's not even good, he just runs a 4.5. his job was to blitz and run sideline to sideline and cover the flats. Cause he's fast enough.

That's all the NFL pass defenses are today, find a MLB that can run a sub 4.5 and have him out there for pass coverage. That's it.

Sandy Vagina
01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
I have to add the McC ran the play like you would during warm ups.

He goes up sets up the cut and then does a cut. He should be cutting directly across because the throwing lane is going to be inside of the DE not outside.

The play sort of worked and there was a throwing lane but there was no McCluster to receive the pass.

good addition...

There were 2 or 3 plays where I was baffled while seeing McC make a catch and go straight out of bounds. I mean, WTF? is this not the postseason? any good reason for heading straight out of bounds and not picking up as much as possible. I get that sometimes, clock needs to stop.. but these were not such plays.

Sandy Vagina
01-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Robert Mathis is just way better than any lineman that we have/threw it him. Nobody on the Chiefs can block him.

The other guy running in free was that stupid MLBer they have from the CFL. He's not even good, he just runs a 4.5. his job was to blitz and run sideline to sideline and cover the flats. Cause he's fast enough.

That's all the NFL pass defenses are today, find a MLB that can run a sub 4.5 and have him out there for pass coverage. That's it.

well... I hear that. Guess my point was.. RT simply HAS to stay on the rusher that's free and not turn inside to block a DL that is being blocked already. That, and the LG simply HAS to make contact with the incoming rusher before running out wide.. take his momentum away.. or said rusher will get to the QB quickly enough to blow the play up.

mcaj22
01-06-2014, 11:50 AM
well... I hear that. Guess my point was.. RT simply HAS to stay on the rusher that's free and not turn inside to block a DL that is being blocked already. That, and the LG simply HAS to make contact with the incoming rusher before running out wide.. take his momentum away.. or said rusher will get to the QB quickly enough to blow the play up.

that's the difference, Greg Manusky knew his secondary was terrible/injured so he kept blitzing

Bob Sutton, well he was just shitting in his depends clueless.

Mav
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
that's the difference, Greg Manusky knew his secondary was terrible/injured so he kept blitzing

Bob Sutton, well he was just shitting in his depends clueless.

Hold up...........

Wait, never mind. Spot on. SPOT, EFFING ON.

Easy 6
01-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't always agree with mcaj, but when I do... its with that post.

Stay pissed off, my friends.

Easy 6
01-06-2014, 12:55 PM

44 points on the road and its Smiths fault :rolleyes:

Keep ****ing that monkey.

notorious
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
This loss will be a shit-stain on his career in KC unless he wins and wins big in the future.

FringeNC
01-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Andy Reid is what he is -- an above average NFL head coach whose strength is getting QBs to play better than they have elsewhere. Reid will have us in the playoffs consistently, but jfc after that loss, who can confidence this franchise will ever win a playoff game. Cursed. Only one of the 4 playoff games over the weekend wasn't essentially determined by luck, and we always lose those type games in the playoffs not matter who is coach.

Andy Reid isn't a perfect coach, but who is? I think he's found the type of QB he has always wanted, and he has a 5-6 year window to win with the guy.

ViperVisor
08-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Ooops posted in the wrong thread.

GloryDayz
08-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Ooops posted in the wrong thread.

I see what you did there!

Prison Bitch
08-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Fat Andy likes kicking FG early in games vs monster passing offenses like Denver and Indy instead of going for it 4th and goal from the 1. It's really ballsy