PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Sears Auto Sucks!

gblowfish
01-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Sears sucks. Terrible tire buying experience in Sears Auto in Independence Center. Called yesterday for my wife, looking for four new Goodyear tires. Talked to Corey, the Sears guy twice. Asked for a bottom line price in both phone calls, was told $941 that included mount, balance, stems, old tire disposal and taxes. Plus we were to get an $80 rebate from Goodyear.

Corey said he had the tires ready to go, so we agreed to the price and made an appointment for the install today at 2pm. We got an email from Sears last night confirming the appointment.

When my wife showed up on time, they 1) told her she had no appointment; even though she had a printout of the email sent last night; 2) Sears wanted to charge her an additional $40 for valve stems. They then made her wait around for an hour for Ed, the service manager, to return from lunch. Ed agreed to provide the valve stems for the price quoted by Corey yesterday. Once that was agreed, 3) he then told my wife the tires we asked for were not in stock. Not even in the building.

So not only did my wife get hassled about the appointment, but also about the price we were given, and then after being made to wait an hour to talk to somebody in authority, was told the tires we reserved for installation were not even in the building.

Can you screw up a customer service transaction any worse than that?

Un-f'ing believable.

Marcellus
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
George if I had a $ every time I bitched about Sears auto/tool department I would be retired.

How a company that owns the Craftsman brand can be so ****ing clueless is beyond me.

People in their tool department don't know shit about tools so I only expect the auto guys to know jack about cars.

I went in trying to buy a timing light in the tool department and not 1 of 3 people working knew what one was.

That's just 1 story.

bevischief
01-05-2014, 03:56 PM
WTF were you getting tires on a 18 wheeler? For that price I could get 2 trucks with new tires.

Eleazar
01-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Damn, that's a hell of a lot of money for 4 tires

gblowfish
01-05-2014, 03:58 PM
They're for a 2011 Ford Taurus, P235 55R 18. 70,000 mile Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread tires. My wife likes Goodyear because her Uncle Charles worked for the Topeka Tire Plant for 50 years.

I priced tires at five or six different places yesterday. Tires for that car average around $225 per tire.

SAUTO
01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Sears sucks. Terrible tire buying experience in Sears Auto in Independence Center. Called yesterday for my wife, looking for four new Goodyear tires. Talked to the Corey, the Sears guy twice. Asked for a bottom line price in both phone calls, was told $941 that included mount, balance, stems, old tire disposal and taxes. Plus we were to get an $80 rebate from Goodyear.

Corey said he had the tires ready to go, so we agreed to the price and made an appointment for the install today at 2pm. We got an email from Sears last night confirming the appointment.

When my wife showed up on time, they 1) told her she had no appointment; even though she had an printout of the email sent last night; 2) Sears wanted to charge her an additional $40 for valve stems. They then made her wait around for an hour for Ed, the service manager, to return from lunch. Ed agreed to provide the valve stems for the price quoted by Corey yesterday. Once that was agreed, 3) he then told my wife the tires we asked for were not in stock. Not even in the building.

So not only did my wife get hassled about the appointment, but also about the price we were given, and then after being made to wait an hour to talk to somebody in authority, was told the tires we reserved for installation were not even in the building.

Can you screw up a customer service transaction any worse than that?

Un-f'ing believable.

lol I can beat their price by 15 bucks...but it looks as though they aren't in stock anywhere I can find

those are good tires, good choice.

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Did you go to wall mart

Deberg_1990
01-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Heh, Sears......

What year is this? 1982?

jd1020
01-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I recently bought tires for my truck and called every shop asking about their prices and services.

I couldn't pass up Discount Tire. $70 cheaper for a set than any of the locals and most of the locals didn't offer free rotation, balancing, and repairs for the life of the tire. Only 1 shop did and their price was outrageous.

Old Dog
01-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Language NSFW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sHT84A5t418" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Peel off the Chiefs bumper sticker

TribalElder
01-05-2014, 04:08 PM
They're for a 2011 Ford Taurus, P235 55R 18. 70,000 mile Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread tires. My wife likes Goodyear because her Uncle Charles worked for the Topeka Tire Plant for 50 years.

I priced tires at five or six different places yesterday. Tires for that car average around $225 per tire.

NTB buy 3 get 1 free
http://ntb.com/tires/125-instant-off.j

Don't know if good years qualify but I do know **** sears

Nope on that size.... Sorry bro

gblowfish
01-05-2014, 04:09 PM
NTB buy 3 get 1 free
http://ntb.com/tires/125-instant-off.j

Don't know if good years qualify but I do know **** sears

I talked to NTB. They said the tires are special order and they had no deal on them. Couldn't give us the $80 rebate either. Said that was a deal between Sears and Goodyear. Their price was $3 more than Sears too, and no rebate.

Hydrae
01-05-2014, 04:11 PM
George if I had a $ every time I bitched about Sears auto/tool department I would be retired.

How a company that owns the Craftsman brand can be so ****ing clueless is beyond me.

People in their tool department don't know shit about tools so I only expect the auto guys to know jack about cars.

I went in trying to buy a timing light in the tool department and not 1 of 3 people working knew what one was.

That's just 1 story.

ROFL

TribalElder
01-05-2014, 04:11 PM
I talked to NTB. They said the tires are special order and they had no deal on them. Couldn't give us the $80 rebate either. Said that was a deal between Sears and Goodyear. Their price was $3 more than Sears too, and no rebate.

I just looked and they didn't have them

gblowfish
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Did you go to wall mart

Talked to Wal-Mart too. They didn't carry the tires we were looking for.

bevischief
01-05-2014, 04:18 PM

For a Taurus???????????????? I haven't paid that much per tire ever on my truck and now Envoy ever. That includes all the extras.

gblowfish
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
For a Taurus???????????????? I haven't paid that much per tire ever on my truck and now Envoy ever. That includes all the extras.

Yeah, that size is expensive. Michelins are even more. BF Goodrich, Bridgestone and Firestone are all about the same price as the Goodyears.

Bob Dole
01-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Damn, that's a hell of a lot of money for 4 tires

Hell, the last set Bob Dole had to buy was just over $1200...

01-05-2014, 04:48 PM

I priced tires at five or six different places yesterday. Tires for that car average around $225 per tire.this is why I check tire prices before I buy any car now.

RedandGold
01-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Talked to Wal-Mart too. They didn't carry the tires we were looking for.

Apparently, that person wasn't too familiar with the Internet.

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Goodyear-Assurance-Comfortred-Touring-Tire-P235-55R18-100V/14965854?adid=1500000000000012981640&veh=mweb

HonestChieffan
01-05-2014, 04:53 PM
This is a fucking news flash.