PDA

View Full Version : Life Rollercoaster Ride to Indy

stevieray
01-05-2014, 08:17 PM
...first off..major props to waaka waaka and grandllama for making this trip possible..your generosity was through the roof. thank you so much.

.left my house around 730pm friday...arrive in indy 0500 local time...get to llamas..can't fall asleep till 8..up at 10 and head to the the Ram which is PACKED to the gills with Chiefs fans...tired but excited...run into OTWP, Monty, prcapone Marty Mac and ruckdafaiders..CP represent! great to be able to hang with you guys....

get in lucas oil...gotta admit, pretty damn nice stadium..keep running into fans that I know from Arrowhead....pretty sweet..tip your hat ..chiefs fans are really starting to travel well..starting to get pumped...talk to DJ on his way back to locckerrom pregame....notice they are wearing all white uni's..for some strange reason it bothered me....

.. and here is where it gets weird..at kick off..I get a lump in my throat and tear up...i couldn't hold back the tears..i don't if it was the futilty of playoffs past, the desire to get the monkey off our back..or just the snakebit mentality coming back to haunt me...i was at the palyoff game in 2006 and got treated like crapf rom their fans and wanted to seem them crushed. CRUSHED....

Chiefs are gaining lead, and i can't enjoy it...colts first drive IIRC, was nothing but passing plays...churns stomach...Chiefs are not getting pressure on Luck.

go outside at halftime, come back in to find 38-10..feeling pretty good..still can't get excited...just too much football left to play....and then it begins...i keep telling myself, just keep matching points, and they'll run out of time...and then it rears it's ugly head..i'm siitting in my seat (very last row) with a 14 point lead, and I don't feel confident....as I watch the lead deteriorate, i look at waaka and tell him we're gonna lose by one....Chiefs get the ball, and i'm seething at the swing passes..why aren't you going DOWN the field....?..and even then, on the fourth and game..I'm STILL clinging to the hope of last second FG for the win....and then..there is nothing...not mad, not sad..I'm just NUMB.

there is no rhyme or reason for it...how does tha defense fall so hard so fast...how is it that other teams play consistantly throughout the year, and our team isn't only consistant, it does a complete 180..how does a defense get burned over and over with the same play, by the same player and doesn't adjust? how is it that dex is fourth in career return yards, not return kickoffs when Demps did nothing? WHERE is the fire? WHERE is the motivation? WHERE IS THE DESIRE TO PUT THE FOOT ON THE THROAT OF THIS TEAMS NEMESIS?

how does this franchise win one playoff game in 47 years, regardless of coaches players etc....why is it so hard for this organization to field a complete FB team...? how does a team let a FOUR TD lead slip away..HOW?

..get back to llamas..have to get on the road to beat the snow..get back 0600two hours sleep in two days..get woken up with coffee and breakfast from my lovely wife, just in time to watch an 8-8 team who doesn't even deserve to be there, advance in the playoffs.

I'm spent. completely and utterly SPENT. I've tried to remain positive through these AWFUL coaching hires, figuring at some point ,it's gonna be our time...i honestly thought, even through the reservations, that yesterday was that time.

i'm sitting here now, with a pit in my stomach, feeling like i did when I found out last year at a SB party that a good friend committed sucide..just can't wrap my head around it....oh, we're headed in the right direction blablahblah mantra just doesn't cut it with me anymore....

and the worst thing personally..? when i'm going down the stairs at halftime? head security dude on club level LOVES the 60's blazer, asks me how many in my party, and then tells me to comeback halfway through the fourth, and he would let us ib leveln, direct us to the elevator and let us celbrate the win in the friends and family area by the lockerrom...I could've celebrated with the team..STOLEN

like blowfish, I've been following this team since i was a little boy..watched then win the SB on a black and white TV...I truly feel for the younger fans..they and this city deserve SO much more than this....

trying to find my smile, hope you can finds yours.

out.

Simply Red
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
I loved Demps 'full speed' lunges toward heaps of swarming Indy ST players.

Great strategy and maneuvering. :rolleyes:

Prison Bitch
01-05-2014, 08:21 PM
It's not your fault. You were born into this.

Simply Red
01-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Sorry you had to make the trip for that choke job. Upsetting. Props for packing up and making it there.

rockachalk
01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Chief nation mourns with you OP. I will say this though; we have a good QUALITY QB in Alex smith. I hated on him earlier this season, but he literally took this team on his back and made several plays. This was largely after the fact that we lost charles.

We should have won though. Honestly, it wasn't even that surprising. We did the same thing against the chargers and broncos at arrowhead. We also nearly did it against the raiders at oakland. So giving up a game we virtually dominated early on was somewhat expected. However, I also thought we were going to win that game. Especially after the half when we picked off luck and scored another TD. I honestly thought that would be the nail in the coffin for indy...boy was I wrong.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Yep.

I'm with you, brother. Still just dazed thinking about how that actually happened, and why we continue to put ourselves through all of this.

redfan
01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
You're one of the good ones, stevieray. Chin up, the sun will rise tomorrow, and life will go on.

Fairplay
01-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Truely a heartbreaker game I try not to think about it and expect the worst with this team unfortunately.

GloryDayz
01-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Keep the faith man. You and all who went are awesome for having made the trip, and even better for surviving the loss with class. Sorry to hear about your friend who committed suicide, belated prayer sent.

Keep your chin upm it has to happen for us sooner or later...

WakkaWakka
01-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Regardless of the heart breaking loss, I had a fantastic time with you Steve. You(and other chiefs fans) made the trip worth it. And I'm so glad you were with me on the drive there and back, made it a little easier to swallow. It was great meeting some of the posters on this board as well!

Mosbonian
01-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Sad that I missed all you guys while you were here....had I known you guys were at the RAM first I would have stopped over to say hello before having to go to the house to take care of things.

But...on to your question:

Why do we do this? For the same reason we still love our favorite old bands, music or even our friends who make questionable decisions....because of a sense of loyalty or just the fact we love them.

We can act hurt....feel betrayed or even be mad. But just like when your best friend(s) make questionable decisions you are mad for a while, then you hope they learn and will change things. And you do it until either they are in the grave or you are first.

stevieray
01-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Regardless of the heart breaking loss, I had a fantastic time with you Steve. You(and other chiefs fans) made the trip worth it. And I'm so glad you were with me on the drive there and back, made it a little easier to swallow. It was great meeting some of the posters on this board as well!
:rockon:

rockachalk
01-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Yep.

I'm with you, brother. Still just dazed thinking about how that actually happened, and why we continue to put ourselves through all of this.

It's like being in a bad relationship...eventually you'll get tired of all the bullshit and move on. Starting to get to that point with this team. I was 6 years old the last time this team won a playoff game. I don't even know what it feels like to see your team progress in the playoffs.

REDHOTGTO
01-05-2014, 09:04 PM
right with ya stevie, still find it hard to do anything w/o thinkin about how stupid this loss was, well maybe by the next season rolls around I will forgive them. ya right

Al Czervik
01-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Stevie.......Props for representing KC!!!
Well done!

Rukdafaidas
01-05-2014, 09:16 PM
It was nice seeing you, Stevie!
That was definitely a tough loss to witness.

Mosbonian
01-05-2014, 09:23 PM
It's like being in a bad relationship...eventually you'll get tired of all the bullshit and move on. Starting to get to that point with this team. I was 6 years old the last time this team won a playoff game. I don't even know what it feels like to see your team progress in the playoffs.

Seriously.....so let's equate this to a relationship. In life you have ups and downs. Sometimes the down seem to come in bunches.....and the real tale is if you work thru the bad times.

I've been a fan since they came to KC....the post Miami game(longest game in NFL) era makes this look like a walk in the park.

I will say the same thing that I did to all those who threatened the same thing in the Mackovic years....if you want to move on to another team please feel free to no one is stopping you. That just leaves better seats at the game for those of us who will stay.

Mosbonian
01-05-2014, 09:26 PM
stevieray:

Was going to send you a PM, but I see you have them turned off. Can you send me an IM with an email addy I can send you a message?

Demonpenz
01-05-2014, 09:34 PM
we lost cause you were in your fde gear.

BigRedChief
01-05-2014, 09:57 PM
i was at the palyoff game in 2006 and got treated like crapf rom their fans and wanted to seem them crushed. CRUSHED.....We sure got a lot of crap on the way into our seats didn't we? They actually threw ribs at us...

But the best part of the whole trip was when we walked by the street musicians playing Elvis and you started dancing and joining in..........isn't there video out there of that?

stevieray
01-05-2014, 10:04 PM
we lost cause you were in your fde gear.

2006?

ya, you roll with that, RAPH!

stevieray
01-05-2014, 10:04 PM
We sure got a lot of crap on the way into our seats didn't we? They actually threw ribs at us...

But the best part of the whole trip was when we walked by the street musicians playing Elvis and you started dancing and joining in..........isn't there video out there of that?

yup!

stevieray
01-05-2014, 10:09 PM
stevieray:

Was going to send you a PM, but I see you have them turned off. Can you send me an IM with an email addy I can send you a message?check rep

Mosbonian
01-05-2014, 10:12 PM
check rep

Thanks....watch for my message

okcchief
01-05-2014, 10:23 PM
It's strange but I had the same emotions the night before, and right at kickoff. I was tearing up. I wanted o e win so damn bad. Next week didn't matter. Then as it was happening just a numbing sadness. This one is going to hurt for a long time.

I want to look at the bright side, but I just can't shake the feeling we are cursed.

If we get a shot next year and cash in it will be that much sweeter I suppose. It's going to be a long offseason.

Dartgod
01-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Great post Stevie. You're a great fan.

Phobia
01-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Better you than me. I can't imagine what my emotions would have done to me in that place.

stevieray
01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
nothing that can make you feel better than the love and smile of your baby girl.

found my smile....have a great day.

WakkaWakka
01-06-2014, 11:36 AM
nothing that can make you feel better than the love and smile of your baby girl.

This! My baby girl greeted me with the biggest smile this morning, I can't stay mad.

stevieray
01-06-2014, 11:44 AM
This! My baby girl greeted me with the biggest smile this morning, I can't stay mad.
yup...when it's all said and done..nothing else matters.

gblowfish
01-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Sorry you had to endure that. My best friend Gary went to Buffalo in 1993 and had to endure Montana gettting knocked out and KC missing the Super Bowl by one lousy game.

At least you got to sit inside where it was warm. Coulda been worse. Could you imagine if they collapsed like that in 10 degree weather at Arrowhead? Yikes.

I've just had to distance myself emotionally from the NFL now. I think there may be something to some of these games being engineered by the officials for favorable TV matchups. Luck vs Manning Part 2 is better TV ratings than Chiefs losing a third time to Denver in Denver. Its going to be several weeks before I give a shit again.

GloryDayz
01-06-2014, 02:19 PM

CP post of the year! SOOOOOOOO true (but can be your son too)!!! :thumb:

Mosbonian
01-06-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm with you guys....but my situation is so different. After all these years of trying to get my children to love football, this year my daughter finally caught the bug.

Not only did she become a KC Chiefs fan but she also became a Mizzou Tiger fan. Nothing is greater than sitting with your child watching her love the game you love.

Once during the Chiefs game when my daughter and I were yelling at the TV while Jamaal was galloping toward a TD I looked over at my wife and she was smiling...

She said..."Like Father, like Daughter".

Brought a tear to my eye.

Dartgod
01-06-2014, 03:00 PM
After all these years of trying to get my children to love football, this year my daughter finally caught the bug.

Not only did she become a KC Chiefs fan but she also became a Mizzou Tiger fan.

Reported to Child Services.

KC Dan
01-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Reported to Child Services.:LOL: Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are

stevieray
01-06-2014, 03:08 PM
I don't care who you are
:(

LMAO

Mosbonian
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Reported to Child Services.

ROFL:LOL::hmmm:

Now that is funny.....

ping2000
01-06-2014, 04:25 PM
You should have taken a big hairy dump on your seat before you left. I really hate that city.

Mosbonian
01-06-2014, 04:54 PM
You should have taken a big hairy dump on your seat before you left. I really hate that city.

Says the guy from Washington DC....one of the most crime-ridden places in the United States. And that is before you even venture outside the Capitol Area.

Easy 6
01-06-2014, 11:29 PM

LMAO better yet on the hood of Lucks car.

I hear ya stevieray, mentioned in OTWP's earlier thread that I genuinely felt bad for those of you who spent so much money and time, only to be repaid with THAT.

It was bad enough seeing it at home, actually being there had to have taken it to an extreme new level.

stevieray
01-06-2014, 11:34 PM
LMAO better yet on the hood of Lucks car.

I hear ya stevieray, mentioned in OTWP's earlier thread that I genuinely felt bad for those of you who spent so much money and time, only to be repaid with THAT.

It was bad enough seeing it at home, actually being there had to have taken it to an extreme new level.

wore my shades out of the stadium until we got to the car...refused any eye contact from the dolts fans.

Easy 6
01-06-2014, 11:43 PM
wore my shades out of the stadium until we got to the car...refused any eye contact from the dolts fans.

Took a pair of shades in, wise move... don't let the bastards see anything that would betray how you felt.

|Zach|
01-06-2014, 11:44 PM

Not a bad move.

stevieray
01-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Not a bad move.

ya, pretty much kept the comments to a bare minimum.

|Zach|
01-06-2014, 11:46 PM
ya, pretty much kept the comments to a bare minimum.

Away games are fun. It takes things up a whole notch. The ecstasy of big wins and the absolute agony of defeat.

It is like taking sports emotion and putting all your chips in the middle. Alot of people can't handle it.