PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Johnny Manziel to announce decision tomorrow

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
This is interesting:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10260027/johnny-manziel-texas-aggies-announce-future-plans-wednesday

Texans should take him at #1

WhawhaWhat
01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
ESPN is getting a boner already.

MahiMike
01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Me too. Jax awaits the Johnny.

Crush
01-07-2014, 07:12 PM
The Decision II: Electric Boogaloo

Buehler445
01-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Hopefully he announces that he's killing himself.

Red Dawg
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
He has been partying.
http://coed.com/2014/01/06/johnny-football-partying-with-miss-coed-lauren-hanley-in-la-video/

That chick is so hot its not even fair.

Rasputin
01-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Stay in school kid if you don't want to ejackulate hogs for a living stay in school.

Red Dawg
01-07-2014, 07:16 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=lauren+hanley&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eqbMUunuDOnW2gXsq4CQDQ&ved=0CEgQ7Ak&biw=640&bih=335

Rich guys have it soooo made. He was out with this model last night. She is beyond gorgeous.

BossChief
01-07-2014, 07:16 PM
The Texans have to at least think about it.

Titty Meat
01-07-2014, 07:17 PM

So do we if he's there at 23

Deberg_1990
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Stay in school and get laid everynight......

Or turn pro, make millions and get laid everynight....

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Stay in school kid if you don't want to ejackulate hogs for a living stay in school.

I stayed in school. What are ya tryin to say ??

Red Dawg
01-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Stay in school and get laid everynight......

Or turn pro, make millions and get laid everynight....

He will have to work more as a pro. I have a feeling he is very arrogant and will be getting busted for something.

MahiMike
01-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't even care if the kid flames out. How cool would it be to have the media hordes tracking this dude's life in your home town? The team could go 6-9 every year and the stadium would sell out for Johnny Football!

Red Dawg
01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't even care if the kid flames out. How cool would it be to have the media hordes tracking this dude's life in your home town? The team could go 6-9 every year and the stadium would sell out for Johnny Football!

Not if Goodell suspends his as after drinking issues. I would pull the trigger on him but he is a risk. He got sent packing from the Manning camp for being hungover.

BossChief
01-07-2014, 07:26 PM

I agree.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-07-2014, 07:29 PM
He will have to work more as a pro. I have a feeling he is very arrogant and will be getting busted for something.

He rubs a LOT of people that way. I've just always had that feeling that he is one of those closet braniacs. I've listened to him speak on several occasions I just get the notion that he's a lot more dedicated to his career in football than what he exudes. He studies hard and he practices hard.

He's just on another level from all the other talent. Either way it goes he's gonna be fun to watch.

BossChief
01-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't know why some dont like him.

The kid has a lot of elite tools like Vision, elusiveness, instincts, clutch ability and is a clear cut playmaker.

He doesn't have Rodgers arm, but his arm is plenty strong enough to make every NFL throw against good defenses. He doesn't have the body of Ben Rothlisberger, but is of similar size to Russel Wilson or Drew Brees and seemingly has an equal or greater level of talent to either guy.

Plus, you have to fator in the cost savings of having a kid like that running the show.

If he falls past 10, then his contract is super cheap for 5 years, allowing the team that drafts him to stock up on talent around him.

Snapplez
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't know why some dont like him.

The kid has a lot of elite tools like Vision, elusiveness, instincts, clutch ability and is a clear cut playmaker.

He doesn't have Rodgers arm, but his arm is plenty strong enough to make every NFL throw against good defenses. He doesn't have the body of Ben Rothlisberger, but is of similar size to Russel Wilson or Drew Brees and seemingly has an equal or greater level of talent to either guy.

Plus, you have to fator in the cost savings of having a kid like that running the show.

If he falls past 10, then his contract is super cheap for 5 years, allowing the team that drafts him to stock up on talent around him.

He's a QB with first round talent, so naturally Chiefs fans are gonna hate the guy. If Manziel or Boyd is there at our pick I hope they sprint to the podium

BossChief
01-07-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't think I'd draft Boyd...even in the third. I'm just not a fan. I think he makes his rep on the fact he can just throw it up to Watkins all day.

Rasputin
01-07-2014, 07:55 PM
I stayed in school. What are ya tryin to say ??

Why do you ejackulate pigs for a living? Huh never knew that about you it's never been mentioned before. My apologies sir.

:D

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Hope he doesn't end up in Oakland

tk13
01-07-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm guessing he's the most likely guy to get the Tebow treatment now that Tebow is working in TV. All Manziel, all the time.

MahiMike
01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm guessing he's the most likely guy to get the Tebow treatment now that Tebow is working in TV. All Manziel, all the time.

You know it. Any franchise with ticket issues, Johnny is an instant cure. With the rookie salary cap. Yeehah!

01-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Who gives a shit

TribalElder
01-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Is lebron gonna be at "the decision"

JD10367
01-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Paraphrasing... The Colts were down to the wire between picking Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf. It came down to one final question. They asked Peyton what was the first thing he would do if they picked him #1 overall; he haid, "Ask for the play book do I can get to work learning." They asked Leaf and he said, "Go to Vegas and party."

Manziel strikes me as the next Leaf.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 08:59 PM
His arm is just not good enough to get away with the things he did in college. He's going to have to learn how to play the position and harness the sandlot instincts, because he isn't big enough to take the hits that other improvisational QBs like Roethlisberger can.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:02 PM

Why the fuck would a fan of a football team give two shits about anything but winning football games?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Flutie 2.0

BossChief
01-07-2014, 09:24 PM
His arm is just not good enough to get away with the things he did in college. He's going to have to learn how to play the position and harness the sandlot instincts, because he isn't big enough to take the hits that other improvisational QBs like Roethlisberger can.

His arm is NFL average. He has similar arm strength to Brady, Brees and Rivers IMO. Not sick, but not limited, either. He won't be throwing across his body in the pros as much as he does in college, but I don't think his arm will limit him unless he goes to a team that has nasty weather frequently.

I can see the kid being a star fairly quickly if he goes to Houston.

Lots of home fans.
The stadium should limit the effects of weather and help him utilize his mobility to the max.
Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins.
Good backs
Lots of good players coming back from injury.
A defense that has elite upside if the offense can play complimentary football.

BossChief
01-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Flutie 2.0

Except Flutie was 5-10 and Manziel is 6'1".

Rain Man
01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
So does he sit at a table with an NFL hat and a Texas A&M hat, and then picks one to put on?

Simply Red
01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Hopefully he announces that he's killing himself.

http://i.imgur.com/c00Gxpz.gif

houstonwhodat
01-07-2014, 09:37 PM

If they don't they should all be bitch slapped.

Manziell is going to haunt them forever

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:51 PM
His arm is NFL average. He has similar arm strength to Brady, Brees and Rivers IMO. Not sick, but not limited, either. He won't be throwing across his body in the pros as much as he does in college, but I don't think his arm will limit him unless he goes to a team that has nasty weather frequently.

I can see the kid being a star fairly quickly if he goes to Houston.

Lots of home fans.
The stadium should limit the effects of weather and help him utilize his mobility to the max.
Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins.
Good backs
Lots of good players coming back from injury.
A defense that has elite upside if the offense can play complimentary football.

Tom Brady had an NFL average arm early in his career. Eventually he had an above average arm. Manziel's arm would probably be 30th percentile.

If I'm Houston, I'm concerned about winning games, so I draft Bridgewater.

GloryDayz
01-07-2014, 10:02 PM
JM.....

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110122115015/uncyclopedia/images/b/be/Who_gives_a_shit.jpg

BossChief
01-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Tom Brady had an NFL average arm early in his career. Eventually he had an above average arm. Manziel's arm would probably be 30th percentile.

If I'm Houston, I'm concerned about winning games, so I draft Bridgewater.i think both guys are gonna be long term starters.

I wonder how true Dorsey/Reid are to this BPA theory.

What if Manziel is there at 23 and he is their BPA?

Just Passin' By
01-07-2014, 10:23 PM
i think both guys are gonna be long term starters.

Wherever he's picked, he's going to be undersized and with a below average arm, and he's not going to be coming in with the same level of talent as Drew Brees.

lcarus
01-07-2014, 10:24 PM

Yeeeeeeeahhhh, buuuuuut.....there's a preeeeeeettty goooood right tackle coming out of Morehead State this year. We're gonna need one after Albert walks and Fisher slides over to the left side.

BossChief
01-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Everyone has him listed as 6'1"

That's only an inch shorter than Rodgers and is taller than Wilson and Brees.

Buehler445
01-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Everyone has him listed as 6'1"

That's only an inch shorter than Rodgers and is taller than Wilson and Brees.

Unless Evans is 6'10", Manziel isn't 6'1".

FloridaMan88
01-07-2014, 10:38 PM
i think both guys are gonna be long term starters.

Can he play free safety?

Jimmya
01-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Take him if he is there!

GloucesterChief
01-07-2014, 10:57 PM
If they don't they should all be bitch slapped.

Manziell is going to haunt them forever

Just like Reggie Bush or Vince Young?

Just Passin' By
01-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Multiple sources tell ESPN's Darren Rovell that Manziel has chosen Select Sports Group out of Houston to be his contract agency and LRMR, the firm run by LeBron James' business partner Maverick Carter, to do his marketing. It is unclear whether he has signed a deal with either firm. Calls placed to SSG and Carter were not immediately returned.

Once Manziel signs with an agency, he would forfeit his NCAA eligibility.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10259316/johnny-manziel-texas-aggies-selected-agent

Jiu Jitsu Jon
01-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Hope he doesn't end up in Oakland

If he's still there at the fifth pick, I'd be surprised.

RippedmyFlesh
01-08-2014, 03:30 AM
Why the fuck would a fan of a football team give two shits about anything but winning football games?

Might as well sign tebow to do that.

big nasty kcnut
01-08-2014, 04:28 AM
I still like bray I think he can be a good qb. We got lucky to get a person who was a first round pick like smith but at the end of the I like to see bray get in the game and see what he can do.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-08-2014, 05:17 AM

If I'm Houston, I'm concerned about winning games, so I draft Bridgewater.

Dumb, just dumb!

Red Dawg
01-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Manziel is truly a crap shoot. He wins is such a crazy way with the running around it's just impossible to reasonably predict what he will do at the next level. You are damned if you pass on him and damned if you don't. I think if he's there you gotta take a chance. He is too exciting. He's like AP on FFL draft day. How can u leave him on the board?

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Manziel is ultra competitive and truly works at his craft. He's a gym rat who loves football. We'll see if he has success in the NFL but it won't be because he's not dedicated or doesn't work.

And he's going pro as he has reportedly selected his agency:
Manziel has chosen Houston-based Select Sports Group to be his contract agency and LRMR to handle his marketing, according to the report. LRMR is the firm run by LeBron James' business partner, Maverick Carter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24401694/nfl-draft-johnny-manziel-reportedly-selects-agency

McBeard
01-08-2014, 07:51 AM
If he doesn't come out it's because the draft committee doesn't have him as a first round pick. This will be interesting.

penguinz
01-08-2014, 08:04 AM
I still like bray I think he can be a good qb. We got lucky to get a person who was a first round pick like smith but at the end of the I like to see bray get in the game and see what he can do.:spock: You would prefer an UFA over a guy who will go 1st round and is one of the best QB's in the draft?

BlackHelicopters
01-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Tyler Bray

htismaqe
01-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Tyler Bray

http://cdn.meme.li/i/460x/a2mxu.jpg

Dayze
01-08-2014, 08:44 AM
he'll die.

Eleazar
01-08-2014, 08:44 AM

This.... RGIII part 2

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Bump. Need more Manziel on page 1

Rasputin
01-08-2014, 10:40 PM
I'd like Manziel better if he stuck out another year in college. Really think he is too young and immature but would take him just to snag him to develop to be starter in a couple years.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2014, 10:44 PM
I just want to go on record to say that I think he's going to be an unbelievable pro.

TEX
01-08-2014, 11:55 PM
I'd like Manziel better if he stuck out another year in college. Really think he is too young and immature but would take him just to snag him to develop to be starter in a couple years.

This.

TEX
01-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Can he play free safety?

Probably better than Lewis...

Rausch
01-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I just want to go on record to say that I think he's going to be an unbelievable pro.

:spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2014, 12:07 AM
This.... RGIII part 2

Except Griffin is bigger, significantly faster, and has a much stronger arm.

Chiefshrink
01-09-2014, 12:30 AM
He is the white M Vick version and will eventually get hurt for as much running around as he does. Just ask Mike. He can get away with it in college but not in the NFL"not for long"(pardon the pun). Trying to get a running type QB to at least work in the pocket past his first hot read is like trying to "hurd cats" and even harder when this kid has an attitude that was finally exposed by his own doing which does not bode well for teachability and transitioning to the next level of NFL QBing which requires humility and maturity. Not to mention it's difficult enough he has a big target on his back as a QB but now with this "it's all about ME attitude" going into the NFL these NFL defenses CAN'T WAIT to initiate this kid even more which means even more of a chance getting hurt.;)

kcxiv
01-09-2014, 01:55 AM
I'd like Manziel better if he stuck out another year in college. Really think he is too young and immature but would take him just to snag him to develop to be starter in a couple years. His stock is as high as its going to be. Iknow they dont get paid like they used too, but he's gonna get a nice nice check. More then he would if he gets hurt or has a bad season. I know its happened to a few qb's recently.

01-09-2014, 02:29 AM
So when exactly does this "tomorrow" happen?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-09-2014, 07:49 AM

Yesterday. It's a done deal.

Jimmya
01-09-2014, 07:49 AM
He'll be fine

WhawhaWhat
01-09-2014, 07:55 AM

I'm still waiting for the announcement of the moon landing. When will that shit happen?

GloryDayz
01-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Let him come out, it's time to see what he can do.

Rain Man
01-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Tomorrow.

01-09-2014, 01:46 PM

Message from Johnny Manziel ... in his own words

THANK YOU, AGGIELAND!

To All My Friends in Aggieland,

After long discussions with my family, friends, teammates, and coaches, I have decided to make myself available for the 2014 NFL Draft. The decision was not an easy one. Anyone who has ever watched a football game at Kyle Field knows that leaving that atmosphere, those Saturdays with excitement, color, and noise, will be hard for me. I cannot begin to tell you what the support of the school, my teammates, Coach Sumlin, Chancellor Sharp and the fans has meant to me over the last two years. The Heisman Trophy belongs as much to you as it does to me. My teammates and I never doubted the value or the deep and real spirit of The 12th Man. It is not a myth. Anyone who has ever played football for Texas A&M knows that passion is real.

I promise you I will always be an Aggie. I will always try to make you as proud of me in the NFL as I did at Texas A&M. While there are many wonderful memories I will take with me – big wins, surprising upsets, and Bowl victories – I most cherish standing arm in arm with my teammates during the postgame, singing the alma mater, or jumping into the stands to feel real Aggie spirit. I regret we weren’t able to bring a National Championship to College Station, but I assure you a championship is going to come soon with Coach Sumlin and these talented players. And when it does, you can bet I will be with you to cheer and celebrate. I’ll probably be the loudest one there.

Thank you for making my college years very special. The faces, the friends, the fans, and the experience will forever be an important part of my life. Gig ’em Aggies! I’ll always love you guys.

Sincerely,

Johnny Manziel

King_Chief_Fan
01-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Where do we think he will end up?

Jacksonville
Houston
Cleveland
Oakland

Mr. Laz
01-09-2014, 03:02 PM
He'll be fine

Ya think?

What happens when he's not quite quick/fast enough to pull his Barry Saunders escapes in the NFL? What happens when his passes are just a little bit to 'lob-like' to make his Roethlisburger type throws after running around?

I suppose he can try to play as a slot receiver.

I put it at about 50/50 that he is a complete bust and out of the league by the end of his 1st contract.

Russell Wilson or bust

Fat Elvis
01-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Ya think?

What happens when he's not quite quick/fast enough to pull his Barry Saunders escapes in the NFL? What happens when his passes are just a little bit to 'lob-like' to make his Roethlisburger type throws after running around?

I suppose he can try to play as a slot receiver.

I put it at about 50/50 that he is a complete bust and out of the league by the end of his 1st contract.

Russell Wilson or bust

He's no Russell Wilson....

BlackHelicopters
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Manziel has bust written all over him.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM

3/4 of the players in this draft will bust, what's your point?

If it's your opinion then, fine. I see a guy that has pretty much dominated every team he has played while in school, racked up impressive stats, and played in THE toughest conference possible with borderline Pro teams. Saying he will bust is just being spiteful.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Where do we think he will end up?

Jacksonville
Houston
Cleveland
Oakland

If Houston doesn't pick Manziel they are crazy. The bottom line impact on that franchise with Manziel on the roster would be incredible. Even if Manziel busts the f*** out of the League in a few years, he would still make the Houston owners a ****ton of money.

Bump
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
If Houston doesn't pick Manziel they are crazy. The bottom line impact on that franchise with Manziel on the roster would be incredible. Even if Manziel busts the f*** out of the League in a few years, he would still make the Houston owners a ****ton of money.

tebow would of probably made jacksonville's owners a ton of money, you didn't see them signing him.

gblowfish
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
If Johnny Football washes out in the NFL, he can always become the front man for The Tubes:

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:10 PM
tebow would of probably made jacksonville's owners a ton of money, you didn't see them signing him.

Yeah, Jacksonville, what a joke.

And I'm sorry, but Manziel is exponentially better than Tebow so it's not really a straight comparison. Tebow had legitimate issues simply playing the position correctly, although he did win a playoff game :hmmm:...

CoMoChief
01-09-2014, 04:12 PM
The guy would be perfect for running this offense.

The guy can make plays out of horse shit, and knows how to win.

He's played a lot more amazing games than he has terrible ones, all while lighting up the stat/scoreboard.

Don't know what else you want the guy to do in terms of on the field. He may be the world's biggest jackass (or he may not - none of us know) we all just hate the fact that ESPN slobs on the guy's knob and has 24-hr wall to wall coverage on the guy. That's not his fault. That's a byproduct of what he's been able to accomplish at a young age in a small amount of time (against the best teams in the nation). It's only a matter of someone's opinion whether or not they believe he should hold himself higher than others to set some sort of positive examples.

He's an athlete, and just like the old Charles Barkley saying, he's not your damn role model. He's a college student that's been swept away by a lot of fame and high achievement (so far) in his "profession" that few others his age have ever done. Could he have handled it better? I don't think I should be the one to judge that...and if he needs to handle all of this fame better, then it's not like the guy can't grow up. We all eventually do. It's not like the guy has killed anyone or done something incredibly hazardous to society and the guy gets hated on for mostly all of the wrong reasons.

I think most people are afraid he's going to become NFL's version of Justin Beiber/Miley Cyrus. Sadly that's what ESPN and NFL reporting has come to. But again, that's not necessarily Manziel's fault. ESPN has been dried up dead crap for almost 10 yrs now.

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 04:15 PM

If Houston picks Manziel they are crazy. He isn't the best QB in the draft and doesn't give them the best chance at long term success. If you're an owner you would much rather have 10 years of continued success over a 2 year spike in season ticket sales.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
If Houston picks Manziel they are crazy. He isn't the best QB in the draft and doesn't give them the best chance at long term success. If you're an owner you would much rather have 10 years of continued success over a 2 year spike in season ticket sales.

You see, this is your opinion. Not factual info.

Manziel may or may not be, but my argument is for bottom line impact which Manziel would definitely deliver on. Whether he, Bridgewater, or whoever bust or go on to have Peyton Manning type careers is speculation.

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
You see, this is your opinion. Not factual info.

My opinion is currently shared by an overwhelming majority of talent evaluators.

HemiEd
01-09-2014, 04:20 PM

This sounds like the Tebow to Jacksonville theory when he was ready for the draft. Maybe it will happen this time.

HemiEd
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM

Well darn, I should have turned the page. :D

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
My opinion is currently shared by an overwhelming majority of talent evaluators.

Ok you share an opinion with others on this. It's not like Manziel is far off, he is a top 10 pick type player in the draft, so speculating Houston would take him isn't something from far outer space. If Manziel was a third-round type player then I could definitely see why he'd have no chance. But to say like you know he won't have a better career than Bridgewater, Carr, whoever is your opinion.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:23 PM
This sounds like the Tebow to Jacksonville theory when he was ready for the draft. Maybe it will happen this time.

Yeah, but a big difference, Tebow was not a QB and didn't play the position correctly. If Tebow had Manziel type skills he'd be in JAX (Well, he would of never left Denver or be in Denver cause he would have been drafted much higher).

CoMoChief
01-09-2014, 04:23 PM

TIM TEBOW CAN'T THROW A FUCKING FOOTBALL...THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT IN THE NFL ANYMORE!!!

People tried to change that with mechanics and they couldn't.

END OF FUCKING TEBOW COCKSUCKING :clap::clap:

Manziel can throw the damn ball.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
TIM TEBOW CAN'T THROW A ****ING FOOTBALL...THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT IN THE NFL ANYMORE!!!

END OF ****ING TEBOW COCKSUCKING :clap::clap:

This

Eleazar
01-09-2014, 04:27 PM

If he had an NFL arm, I'm sure they would be all about it.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2014, 04:29 PM
It's not like Manziel is far off, he is a top 10 pick type player in the draft, so speculating Houston would take him isn't something from far outer space. If Manziel was a third-round type player then I could definitely see why he'd have no chance. But to say like you know he won't have a better career than Bridgewater, Carr, whoever is your opinion.
You see, this is your opinion. Not factual info

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I wish someone could tell me what part of Manziel's game translates well to the NFL besides his escapability. His arm is average at best and he throws a number of jump balls when he is scrambling from the pocket. He doesn't have a reputation for being a cerebral player who is exceptional at reading defenses. His size is a severe limitation and doesn't bode well for him staying healthy in the NFL.

He's basically Russell Wilson without the big time arm, smarts, and leadership ability. Russell Wilson was a third round pick, but Manziel is thought of as a number 1 overall pck by certain posters. Crazy.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:30 PM

We'll see, your quoted text was my opinion why Houston should take Manziel. Also the fact that even though his arm is not a German Tiger 2 turret he does amazing shit on the football field against damn good competition. Something that should translate to the NFL.

CoMoChief
01-09-2014, 04:33 PM

His arm is just fine.

GordonGekko
01-09-2014, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Laz;10358165]

I'm not definitively stating anything; I know they are opinions, but some people post in a definitive manner like they 'know' what will happen and can't be persuaded.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2014, 04:37 PM
His arm is just fine.

Manziel is Doug Flutie

If you think Doug Flutie could translate his game into the current NFL then draft away. I have my doubts.

01-09-2014, 04:39 PM

It's actually rather mixed these days. I think things will continue to swing his way after individual workouts.

01-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Many seem to have confused Manziel with Bortles. Manziel is the one with legitimate QB skils.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm not definitively stating anything; I know they are opinions, but some people post in a definitive manner like they 'know' what will happen and can't be persuaded. The GoChiefs effect.Everyone around here acts like they KNOW something instead of THINK something.

:shrug:

Wait until draft comes around and everyone KNOWS that 30 draftees just will absolutely not be there when we pick at 23. Apparently math doesn't apply with it comes to knowing things. LMAO

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Many seem to have confused Manziel with Bortles. Manziel is the one with legitimate QB skils.

Name one QB skill not involving his feet that Manziel has that's better than Bortles'.

01-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Name one QB skill not involving his feet that Manziel has that's better than Bortles'.

Quicker release- by a mile
Accuracy and ball placement- by a mile

There's two

Just Passin' By
01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Manziel is Doug Flutie

If you think Doug Flutie could translate his game into the current NFL then draft away. I have my doubts.

When given a chance, Doug Flutie showed he could play in the NFL. The question about Flute is how much earlier in his career he could have done it.

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Quicker release- by a mile
Accuracy and ball placement- by a mile

There's two

I'll give you quicker release, but accuracy and ball placement are debatable. Manziel's scrambling ability and threat to run allowed his receivers to get more separation than Bortles'. A high completion percentage, especially in college, doesn't necessarily mean you are an accurate passer.

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
When given a chance, Doug Flutie showed he could play in the NFL. The question about Flute is how much earlier in his career he could have done it.

He had 1 above average year in the NFL (1998).

01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I'll give you quicker release, but accuracy and ball placement are debatable. Manziel's scrambling ability and threat to run allowed his receivers to get more separation than Bortles'. A high completion percentage, especially in college, doesn't necessarily mean you are an accurate passer.

I recently watched Bortles miss on a simple slant route by 3 yards. He has zero touch. I don't regard completion % as a great indication of accuracy either, but I don't agree with your take. He has shown to be very accurate from the pocket. All over the field. IMO, It's between Manziel and Bridgewater for the best prospect, and Boyd and Bortles aren't close.

01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Id draft Murray and Mettenberger before Bortles.

Just Passin' By
01-09-2014, 05:14 PM
He had 1 above average year in the NFL (1998).

During his time in NE (non-strike), he was 7-5. All other QBs combined to go 7-13. This was when he was 26-27 years old.

During his time in Buffalo, he was 21-9. All other QBs combined to go 8-10. This was when he was 36-38 years old.

At the age of 41, he went 2-3 for a San Diego team which went 4-12 overall, meaning the rest of the QBs went 2-9.

He went 38-28 despite playing mostly for teams that sucked before he got there (BUF, SD), or were in clear decline (NE).

The above, along with such things as his ability to make an NFL roster all the way to age 43 once he was back in the league, is part of why the question really is about how much earlier in his career he could have played in the NFL.

FringeNC
01-09-2014, 05:36 PM
There's going to be a ton of QB drafted this year, and I'm sure there will be some franchise guys. Problem is, it's so damn hard to predict who it's going to be.

Who'd you guys rather have -- Manziel or RGIII?

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 05:38 PM
There's going to be a ton of QB drafted this year, and I'm sure there will be some franchise guys. Problem is, it's so damn hard to predict who it's going to be.

Who'd you guys rather have -- Manziel or RGIII?

RGIII and it's not even close.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
TIM TEBOW CAN'T THROW A ****ING FOOTBALL...THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT IN THE NFL ANYMORE!!!

END OF ****ING TEBOW COCKSUCKING :clap::clap:

People that are comparing Manziel to Flutie , Tebow or any other QB are just dumb.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-09-2014, 05:44 PM

I agree , Canton should just go ahead and make his.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Manziel is too immature at this time and certainly not ready to play in the NFL.

Coach
01-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Manziel is too immature at this time and certainly not ready to play in the NFL.

That's how I feel as well.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM

So if he goes through this offseason without any mishaps and is a good boy will you change your mind ?

Eleazar
01-09-2014, 06:33 PM
So if he goes through this offseason without any mishaps and is a good boy will you change your mind ?

Thing is, Tebow didn't play the QB position in the way you have to play it in the NFL either.

But, Tebow did have the size and the body to stand up to the punishment you'd take in the NFL running the ball. He has the arm strength, though not the accuracy.

And all these arguments people make about Manziel... "he's a gym rat" "he studies his craft" "nobody outworks him"... everyone said those things about Tebow too. Was Tebow's work ethic the problem with his career? No, of course not. Does Manziel have character or desire that Tebow didn't? No, of course not.

The bottom line, as Tebow and RG3 and all these other scat QBs have learned is that you have to be able to stand in the pocket and play the QB position in the NFL the way it's traditionally played or you won't succeed at the NFL level.

I'm sure some team will fall in love with athleticism just like they did with RG3 and Vick and others, but you still can only get so far with a QB unless they can actually play QB.

SAUTO
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM

you are going to base it on whether he can be a good boy for a couple months waiting for a big payday?

then you make a multiple year commitment for big bucks to him?

yeah...no.

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Thing is, Tebow didn't play the QB position in the way you have to play it in the NFL either.

But, Tebow did have the size and the body to stand up to the punishment you'd take in the NFL running the ball. He has the arm strength, though not the accuracy.

And all these arguments people make about Manziel... "he's a gym rat" "he studies his craft" "nobody outworks him"... everyone said those things about Tebow too. Was Tebow's work ethic the problem with his career? No, of course not. Does Manziel have character or desire that Tebow didn't? No, of course not.

The bottom line, as Tebow and RG3 and all these other scat QBs have learned is that you have to be able to stand in the pocket and play the QB position in the NFL the way it's traditionally played or you won't succeed at the NFL level.

I'm sure some team will fall in love with athleticism just like they did with RG3 and Vick and others, but you still can only get so far with a QB unless they can actually play QB.

And it will probably be some shitty organization like Cleveland or Oakland, who makes this type of mistake regularly.

01-09-2014, 07:34 PM
And it will probably be some shitty organization like Cleveland or Oakland, who makes this type of mistake regularly.

QB guru weighs in. I feel better about manziel

MahiMike
01-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Why the **** would a fan of a football team give two shits about anything but winning football games?

3 words - Butts in Seats!

MahiMike
01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah, Jacksonville, what a joke.

And I'm sorry, but Manziel is exponentially better than Tebow so it's not really a straight comparison. Tebow had legitimate issues simply playing the position correctly, although he did win a playoff game :hmmm:...

Tebow didn't come here because they didn't want to put that much pressure on the home town kid. And they knew there was a chance he'd flame out and there would be backlash when they inevitably had to cut him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM
3 words - Butts in Seats!

Fucks given: negative infinity.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Report: Browns willing to trade up for Manziel
Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2014, 2:32 PM EST

APHere’s one to write down and monitor.

The Browns reportedly want Johnny Manziel. According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Browns want Manziel badly enough that they would trade up for him, if they have to.

Here’s the specific language of the report: “[T]hey are willing to trade up to land Johnny Manziel in the draft if need be, sources said.” Read literally, it means that the Browns will do whatever they have to do to move up and get Manziel, if that’s what it takes to get him.

While limits surely will apply to the willingness of the Browns, who tried unsuccessfully (and possibly half-heartedly) two years ago to move up and get Robert Griffin III under different management, this report won’t help the Browns get the best possible deal, if it’s true. And if it’s true, it’s more proof that the next coach of the Browns won’t be able to pick his own quarterback — which could scare away any candidates that aren’t already convinced as to the merits of Manziel.

The Browns currently draft fourth. The first three picks belong to Houston, St. Louis (via Washington), and Jacksonville, respectively.

It’s also possible that “sources” are saying things they don’t believe. It could be that the Browns covet another quarterback, and that they hope Manziel gets picked before Cleveland chooses. Of course, if the report flows from a decision by the front office that Manziel isn’t the answer, the front office necessarily will have tied the hands of a head coach who decides that he wants Manziel.

Regardless, the strength of the report is intriguing. Whether it’s true or it’s a smokescreen, it may not be a good luck for a Browns organization that currently is trying to make its job look more enticing. If the front office is making firm decisions about the draft before even hiring a head coach, that could be a warning sign for a candidate who may be more inclined to wait a year or two for another opportunity.

Eleazar
01-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Another reason why the Browns are the Browns.