PDA

View Full Version : News First nominee for 2014 parent of the year?

Lzen
01-09-2014, 01:46 PM
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=3032039662001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Donger
01-09-2014, 01:50 PM
That's disgusting, but I'm not sure that agree with taking the kid into custody.

InChiefsHeaven
01-09-2014, 01:54 PM
People are dumb. This is all the talk in Omaha right now. It's just sad. I don't know how I feel about taking the kid into protective custody, but if there ever was a slippery slope, this is it.

Big Poppa Payne
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
That's disgusting, but I'm not sure that agree with taking the kid into custody.

Society is moving backwards. The parents should've been taken into custody.

Just Passin' By
01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Police find no evidence of a crime, but take the kid anyway. :shake:

Molitoth
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Oh, I just got done watching this:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://CBSDAL.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=757967;hostDomain=video.dallas.cbslocal.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=420;isShowIc on=true;clipId=9657507;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=CBS.DALLAS%252Fworldnowplay er;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript_EMBEDD EDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script><a href="http://video.dallas.cbslocal.com" title=""></a>

Eleazar
01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
If it were a crime to be a ****y parent, this would be happening thousands of times a day.

Molitoth
01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
"You need a license for a dog. You need a license to catch a fish. But any asshole can be a parent."

and then sit at home and support a pill and smoking habit while taking in government welfare. It's awesome the world we live in.

SAUTO
01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I think the kids were taken because there was a backlash on facebook over the vodeo and the father(???I guess???) responded with " well no more weed for you" and the police decided to make a visit.

then after police arrived the kids were taken into custody.

SAUTO
01-09-2014, 02:35 PM
and I think the police took all 4 kids out of the house.

Bump
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't know, this probably one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. People will be upset for taking the child away and people will be upset if CPS did nothing.

ptlyon
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
and then sit at home and support a pill and smoking habit while taking in government welfare. It's awesome the world we live in.

Rofl - I totally hosed that quote from the movie Parenthood, and you quoted it. Forever it shall remain.

jerryforeverrice80
01-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I don't know, this probably one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. People will be upset for taking the child away and people will be upset if CPS did nothing.

what he said.

Gravedigger
01-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Kids are raised in terrible homes everyday, not just by those who are dumb enough to record it like it's a video they're going to send into Kids Say The Darndest Things.

Pitt Gorilla
01-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I grew up with some kids that faced that much and worse.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Let me guess.....Daddy is only 17?

fan4ever
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
So is this where rappers come from?

a pp roach
01-09-2014, 08:59 PM
only fox news could fuck up a post-video one-liner like that.

"well if you hear it without the bleeps, it's really sad"

REALLY?

In58men
01-09-2014, 09:33 PM
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhE21Zv106in84a44U

I nominate this fine piece of work.

Rausch
01-09-2014, 09:45 PM
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhE21Zv106in84a44U

I nominate this fine piece of work.

:shake:

SLAG
01-09-2014, 11:14 PM
About a year and a half ago while I was still in chicago land...

We came home from the grocery store , it was raining and we were hurrying bringing the groceries in ( a restocking at sams club)

about the 2nd trip out we notice a toddler in a diaper crawling down the side walk of the neighbors house, now it was not uncommon for the neighbors to be just hanging around on their porch outside as they would usually blast rap music and hang outside the car.

Well the toddler keeps crawling down the drive way - by the 4th trip the baby is sitting on the curb next to the mail box..

I then walk over and see no adults and I knock on the door and say .. um.. you might want to grab your baby.

and the grandma yells from upstairs to the 6/7 yr old " I TOLD YOU TO WATCH YOUR BROTHER - NOW GO GET HIM " and he ran out and got the baby...

I didn't call anyone as the cops were over there about 2-3x a week anyway... it was just really messed up

MMXcalibur
01-09-2014, 11:49 PM
I take care of my kid.
I take care of my dog.

It hurts to see how people treat their kids/animals. I can't help but put my kid/dog in those situations, so I just stop reading the news altogether.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- The mother of an Omaha toddler is defending her son after he unleashed a slew of obscenities in an online video that has gone viral.

In the video, the diapered boy is taunted and cursed at by adults, who coax him into using crude words.

The African-American toddler knocks down a chair and responds to some of the comments with a middle-finger salute.

"Shut up, bitch," he says in one of the responses.

The adults chuckle, prompting him to unleash more obscenities at them.

Despite the video, he's not an anomaly, according to his mother.

"He had a clean diaper, the house was clean and like they said, kids curse, every kid does it," the mother told CNN affiliate KETV in an exclusive interview. CNN does not identify juveniles in such stories. The mother is 16.

"He's a smart little boy. All that cussing that he did, he doesn't do that," she said. "Somebody told him to do that. My son doesn't do that. I don't allow it."

She said a friend of her brother filmed the video while she was in another room.

"He was wrong for doing that ... posting the video up and getting us into this situation," she said. "Everybody that thinks I'm a bad mother, I'm not. I'm a good mother to my son. I teach him a lot. He's very smart."

The police union in Omaha, Nebraska, posted the clip on its website to highlight what it called the "cycle of violence and thuggery" the community faces.

The Omaha Police Officers' Association is under fire from the city's police chief, the ACLU and at least one community leader. They say the move needlessly antagonizes minority communities, which make up about a quarter of Omaha's 409,000 residents.

Sgt. John Wells, the union's president, said the video was "disturbing" and "offensive."

"The focus here isn't on any particular ethnic group. The focus here is on the troubling behavior toward this child," Wells said. "This behavior is going to potentially lead this child down a path that is completely unhealthy."

On the website where the video is posted, the union said the clip came from "a local thug's public Facebook page."

"We here at OmahaPOA.com viewed the video and we knew that despite the fact that it is sickening, heartbreaking footage, we have an obligation to share it to continue to educate the law abiding public about the terrible cycle of violence and thuggery that some young innocent children find themselves helplessly trapped in," the police union wrote in a post accompanying the video.

"Now while we didn't see anything in this video that is blatantly 'illegal,' we sure did see a lot that is flat out immoral and completely unhealthy for this little child from a healthy upbringing standpoint," it added.

Wells said one of the adults mentions a local street gang in the video.

"That is why when we talk about the culture, the criminal culture, that this is to try to break the cycle and deal with the culture of violence and the culture of gang activity," he said.

Willie Hamilton, president of the community activist group Black Men United, said the union crossed a line.

"For them to take a video out of context -- a 2-year-old who doesn't have the brain capacity to know what's going on -- and to say that this child, because two adults acted inappropriately, is going to end up in a life of crime is totally inappropriate," Hamilton said.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Nebraska, which filed an excessive force suit against the Omaha Police Department on behalf of an African-American family Monday, said the union's use of "racially charged language" was "very disconcerting."

"Officers should be working to build a culture where anyone feels comfortable calling law enforcement," ACLU of Nebraska Executive Director Becki Brenner said in a prepared statement. "The manner in which the Officers Association has discussed this incident has done nothing but further erode community trust and reinforce the need for independent oversight, trainings, and other reforms."

Police Chief Todd Schmaderer tried to distance his agency from the controversy Tuesday, saying that the union's website and Facebook page are separate from those of the Omaha Police Department. He said he has little authority over the public statements of union members.

"With that background and understanding, I want to make it explicit and clear that the views expressed on the OPOA Facebook page do not necessarily reflect the official stance of the Omaha Police Department," Schmaderer said. "I strongly disagree with any postings that may cause a divide in our community or an obstacle to police community relations."

Wells said union members have turned the video over to the department's child victim unit.

The child and his mother are in protective custody for safety reasons. Court records obtained by the affiliate show the toddler was among five injured in October when shots were fired at a home.

The boy and his mother have been relocated by the state in the past over gang activity fears, according to the affiliate.

SeeingRed
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM
About a year and a half ago while I was still in chicago land...

We came home from the grocery store , it was raining and we were hurrying bringing the groceries in ( a restocking at sams club)

about the 2nd trip out we notice a toddler in a diaper crawling down the side walk of the neighbors house, now it was not uncommon for the neighbors to be just hanging around on their porch outside as they would usually blast rap music and hang outside the car.

Well the toddler keeps crawling down the drive way - by the 4th trip the baby is sitting on the curb next to the mail box..

I then walk over and see no adults and I knock on the door and say .. um.. you might want to grab your baby.

and the grandma yells from upstairs to the 6/7 yr old " I TOLD YOU TO WATCH YOUR BROTHER - NOW GO GET HIM " and he ran out and got the baby...

I didn't call anyone as the cops were over there about 2-3x a week anyway... it was just really messed up

I had to do this to my neighbor for her little dog who almost got run over by a car on my street. Old lady came to the door and said "ya sometimes he wander out into the road but usually he doesn't" and THAT pissed me off...felt like taking the dog away from her. But if I saw a baby in that situation i would call the cops i think. Thats MUCH worse then this video of the baby cursing. To remove the baby from the house is extreme. I dont know that i agree with this...in fact they probably have a legitmate lawsuit. COMPLETELY DISAPPROVE with this DISGUSTING behavior going on in this video but if its not criminal and the child isnt in danger then why remove the child from the household? Send them a social worker to investigate yes but to take the child away is extreme