PDA

View Full Version : News "Is Pepsi ok?"

Pages : [1] 2

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 02:33 PM
No, it's f***** not. This is the third lunch this week I got asked that. Who the hell drinks Pepsi instead of Coke? So just because some loser PepsiCo rep sweet talks you even offers you peanuts, you have to ruin the meals of billions of humans?

If I ever get elected President, my first exec order: Every Pepsi fountain gets a Coke spigot. And I ain't even playin.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM
lol. Pepsi to me is like a faux cola.

hometeam
01-10-2014, 02:36 PM
When I say 'ill take a coke' and the server says 'how about pepsi' you can tell they already know the answer is 'NO, how about Dr Pepper?'

Donger
01-10-2014, 02:37 PM
I can't taste the difference.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Exclusive pouring rights are an outrage in a nation that loves choice. If PepsiCo is so worried folks will choose Coke (which we all do), then make a product that won't make us gag. I want the Jusice Dept to step in a prosecute these agreements under the Sherman Act (anti monopoly). I'm emailing them right as we speak.

Tribal Warfare
01-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Code Red Mountain Dew is awesome for a late night boost

hometeam
01-10-2014, 02:41 PM

One is nectar of the gods, the other tastes like tree sap.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Coke trumps Pepsi as far as actual Cola is concerned.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING, beats a Coke from McDonalds. I don't know why..but their fountain Coke is much better than any other Coke that is sold anywhere else.

Fish
Soda is disgusting. Especially Coke.

Tribal Warfare

Nothing and I mean NOTHING, beats a Coke from McDonalds. I don't know why..but their fountain Coke is much better than any other Coke that is sold anywhere else.

it has to be the cocaine

Just Passin' By
01-10-2014, 02:43 PM
The first question to ask in any restaurant is "Coke or Pepsi?". That avoids the mistakes that are often made when you order a Coke and they take that as just a generalization for cola, especially in certain parts of the country where "Coke" and "Cola" are basically interchangeable.

hometeam

I disagree, we have one of those old 70s machines here at works that gives out 8oz glass bottles.

Glass+coke = love

HonestChieffan
I can't taste the difference. Its been a classic marketing/advertising class project for years on college campus'. Blind taste tests...and you are in the winning side most times. Pisses off the ones who are rabid about one over the other. When we included RC cola it lost all the time in a pick the best

BlackHelicopters
One comes in a red can, the other a blue can. Sorta like Budweiser and Busch.

Donger
01-10-2014, 02:44 PM
One is nectar of the gods, the other tastes like tree sap.

Wait, which one is which?

CoMoChief

seriously?

Pepsi is much sweeter, and has more of a watered down taste. Doesn't have as much as a carbonated taste as Coke does IMO.

Go to Taco Bell (Pepsi) and then go to McDonalds (Coke)...the McDonalds Coke will blow you away in comparison.

lcarus
Fuck Pepsi. Coke is the only way to go.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 02:45 PM

Amen, has great fizz. Never flat. My fault for not just going there for lunch. I'll eat pig slop with coke before Filets with Pepsi.

hometeam
The first question to ask in any restaurant is "Coke or Pepsi?". That avoids the mistakes that are often made when you order a Coke and they take that as just a generic for cola, especially in certain parts of the country where "Coke" and "Cola" are basically interchangeable.

When I lived in Houston it would go something like this.

waiter: 'what are you having today sir'

me: 'Ill take Coke'

waiter: 'Ok we have Coke, Mr Pibb, Mountain Dew, or Mello Yello, which of those do you want'

me: ......

Chief Gump
My mom managed a bar when I was a kid and they got sued by coke because when patrons came in and ordered a rum and coke or whiskey and coke they didn't tell them it was Pepsi.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Its been a classic marketing/advertising class project for years on college campus'. Blind taste tests...and you are in the winning side most times. Pisses off the ones who are rabid about one over the other. When we included RC cola it lost all the time in a pick the best

I actually really like RC Cola....grew up on that shit and Strawberry Shasta

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 02:48 PM
My mom managed a bar when I was a kid and they got sued by coke because when patrons came in and ordered a rum and coke or whiskey and coke they didn't tell them it was Pepsi.

Seems like something a globalist corporate mafia crime organization would do.

cosmo20002
01-10-2014, 02:51 PM
No, it's f***** not. This is the third lunch this week I got asked that. Who the hell drinks Pepsi instead of Coke? So just because some loser PepsiCo rep sweet talks you even offers you peanuts, you have to ruin the meals of billions of humans?

If I ever get elected President, my first exec order: Every Pepsi fountain gets a Coke spigot. And I ain't even playin.

You finally said something I can agree with. Pepsi fucking sucks.
Goddam Costco changed from Coke to Pepsi in its food court a few months ago.

They have missed out on $1.50 from me several times now because the hot dog/drink combo just isn't worth it anymore.

Just Passin' By

They've actually done studies on this stuff.

Pepsi is sweeter and flatter, and it has more of a citrus taste. Coke has less sugar and more of a vanilla/raisin taste. Pepsi often tastes better to people for the first couple of sips, and then preferences change after that, as the citrus and extra sweetness become less appealing to many drinkers as they drink more of it. That's why Pepsi was able to pull off the taste test commercials so successfully.

For those of you watching your girlish figures, Pepsi also has more calories.

CoMoChief
another thing i noticed. Coke has marketed their product along side alcohol like Crown n Coke, Jack n Coke etc. you never hear any licquor being marketed around a pepsi product. I mean does Coke have rights to the names of the actual drink?

cosmo20002
01-10-2014, 02:52 PM
When I say 'ill take a coke' and the server says 'how about pepsi' you can tell they already know the answer is 'NO, how about Dr Pepper?'

LMAO
Funny cause it's true...

cosmo20002
01-10-2014, 02:53 PM

That's just ridiculous. It's your British taste buds. You people like horrible food.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
You finally said something I can agree with. Pepsi ****ing sucks.
Goddam Costco changed from Coke to Pepsi in its food court a few months ago.

They have missed out on $1.50 from me several times now because the hot dog/drink combo just isn't worth it anymore.

I fucking noticed that too. Went to get the hotdog and "coke" special they have for like $1.50 or whatever it is....bitch working there said they only carried pepsi.

I was not pleased.

Marcellus
Not only is the product shit but dealing with Corporate Pepsi the company sucks complete ass too. One of our worst customers.

We do business with them and Coke among many others and Coke is a pain in general but Pepsi is like a root canal without anesthetic.

MahiMike
Pepsi is way better than coke.

Pablo
I prefer Coke. But Pepsi tastes alright. If you're in the mood for a sweeter soda, go for Pepsi.

I'm not a brand loyalist and I can drink either, but the wife is a Coke fanatic; so that's what we typically buy.

Pablo
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Oh, and I think RC Cola tastes alright too. It's all brown sugar water, folks.

KC native
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
The only coke I drink anymore are the Mexican ones with real sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup. Although, some of the bottlers are starting to sneak some high fructose corn syrup blends in which pisses me off.

vailpass
01-10-2014, 03:00 PM
The only coke I drink anymore are the Mexican ones with real sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup. Although, some of the bottlers are starting to sneak some high fructose corn syrup blends in which pisses me off.

This. Mexican place we eat at has a cooler full of the old school 16 oz bottle Mexican cokes. Best damn thing after a night of drinking. Only time I'll drink soda is when we go there...Mexican marlboros OTOH, no.

Dartgod
01-10-2014, 03:00 PM
I prefer Pepsi to Coke. But there's not enough difference between the two for me to care much.

However, when in a restaurant, I always ask for Pepsi even when I know they serve Coke products.

Just Passin' By
01-10-2014, 03:01 PM

You can also look for the Kosher Coke around passover.

patteeu
I don't drink much pop anymore, but Pepsi > Coke.

Coke was one of the biggest clients of a firm I used to work for. It was heavily frowned upon to be seen drinking a Pepsi product. I don't care for Coke though so I had to drink my Mountain Dews in the privacy of my home. I usually drank water or iced tea in public.

Donger
That's just ridiculous. It's your British taste buds. You people like horrible food.

I have an exceptional palate.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:02 PM

I saw some of that at Home Depot recently. I have no idea why it was there.

rageeumr
01-10-2014, 03:02 PM
I feel like when I was a kid, I had a decent amount of friends that preferred Pepsi. Now I can't think of a single person I know that drinks it. Seriously, not one.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
I saw some of that at Home Depot recently. I have no idea why it was there.

You have to actually read the label to make sure it has sugar instead of HFCS. Coke has allowed some American bottlers to do small runs of glass bottle cokes. They use high fructose corn syrup in those.

The sugar based cokes are way better. They're not as sweet as HFCS and are more drinkable as they warm. HFCS cokes taste like shit as they get warm.

CanadianChief
01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Coke is way too sweet for my liking. I prefer Pepsi. I don't drink either straight up anymore so either will do when mixing it with Crown Royal.

alpha_omega
01-10-2014, 03:08 PM
1. Coke
2. RC
3. Some random off-brand
4. Some random off-brand
5. Some random off-brand
6. Some random off-brand
7. Pepsi

That's how i see it as far as cola is concerned.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:08 PM
You have to actually read the label to make sure it has sugar instead of HFCS. Coke has allowed some American bottlers to do small runs of glass bottle cokes. They use high fructose corn syrup in those.

The sugar based cokes are way better. They're not as sweet as HFCS and are more drinkable as they warm. HFCS cokes taste like shit as they get warm.

It said "100% cane sugar," I think and that it was from Mexico.

I didn't buy any.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 03:09 PM
I dare any man to drink a warm can of Pepsi. In fact I double dog dare ya

Pablo
01-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Coke is way too sweet for my liking. I prefer Pepsi. I don't drink either straight up anymore so either will do when mixing it with Crown Royal.Huh? That's a different perspective.

If you're going for a mixer, I'll take Coke; as it seems to be a bit fizzier.

WhawhaWhat
01-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I feel the same way when I ask for iced tea and the server asks if I want sweetened or unsweetened. Who the F drink sweet tea? That shit is gross.

Tribal Warfare
01-10-2014, 03:10 PM

In the 80's yes, but when Coke decided to go back to the "original formula" I'd give the edge to Coca-cola.

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2014, 03:11 PM

next time say "is it ok if I pay you with monopoly money?" :harumph:

greatgooglymoogly
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM

My favorite snack food in the world is a sleeve of peanuts emptied into a glass bottle Coke. I picked it up from my Grandpa, who started drinking/eating it again when he saw the glass bottles back in stores.

hometeam
01-10-2014, 03:13 PM
My favorite snack food in the world is a sleeve of peanuts emptied into a glass bottle Coke. I picked it up from my Grandpa, who started drinking/eating it again when he saw the glass bottles back in stores.

One of my sales managers does that. When I gave him the WTF look he acted like everyone does it.

Eleazar
Who really drinks soda anymore? Yick

KC native
It said "100% cane sugar," I think and that it was from Mexico.

I didn't buy any.

You should have. It's fantastic.

GoChargers
It's actually because of the Coke syrup. Most companies get it delivered in boxes, but McDonald's gets it from a tanker truck in steel cylinders. The syrup they get is fresher than other places' because it hasn't been sitting around in a factory. True story.

Pablo
01-10-2014, 03:14 PM
My favorite snack food in the world is a sleeve of peanuts emptied into a glass bottle Coke. I picked it up from my Grandpa, who started drinking/eating it again when he saw the glass bottles back in stores.So, you dump the peanuts in and let them sit. Then drink the coke, and eat the cola soaked peanuts?

KC native

hmmmmm, I may have to try that. Plain peanuts?

KCUnited
Coke Light from Mexico is about the only time I'll drink a dark soda.

cosmo20002
01-10-2014, 03:15 PM
1. Coke
2. RC
3. Some random off-brand
4. Some random off-brand
5. Some random off-brand
6. Some random off-brand
x. Stagnant water from a random puddle
x. Urine
7. Pepsi

That's how i see it as far as cola is concerned.

fyp

Donger
You should have. It's fantastic.

I was concerned that it would give me the shits.

greatgooglymoogly
One of my sales managers does that. When I gave him the WTF look he acted like everyone does it.

The only people I know that enjoy it are family members from Arkansas and Tennessee. My roommate from St. Louis makes fun of me for doing it.

Dartgod
01-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I dare any man to drink a warm can of Pepsi. In fact I double dog dare ya

Why in God's name would I want to do that? Why would I want to drink any soda warm?

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I was concerned that it would give me the shits.

French-ish british poster is french-ish.

greatgooglymoogly
01-10-2014, 03:17 PM
hmmmmm, I may have to try that. Plain peanuts?

Salted. It's essential. Plain peanuts just don't interact with the Coke the same way.

listopencil

There are two "best" Cokes. One is from a bottle that has been handled exactly to Coca-Cola's specs. The other is from a soda fountain that is properly repaired, maintained and operated. The same is true of all sodas.

CrazyPhuD
Like Nancy Reagan used to say....just say NO! to coke! But really theses days anyone drinking HFC sodas :Lin:. Sugar based sodas only! Pepsi throwback is the only way to go!

Tribal Warfare

No one like him and he's uptight?

Pablo
01-10-2014, 03:18 PM
So, where does everybody stand on the 7-Up/Sprite/Sierra Mist issue?

This is important stuff, people. 7-Up tastes delicious, Sprite is like drinking a hobo's diarrhea! Brand loyalty for life.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:18 PM

I don't get it.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:19 PM
No one like him and he's uptight?

That and he's kind of a wimp. :evil:

Pepe Silvia
I ****ING HATE PEPSI, it tastes like pure sugar. :mad:

Pablo
Lay off Donger.

He's made several posts in this thread that don't end in question marks. Impressive.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:20 PM
It's actually because of the Coke syrup. Most companies get it delivered in boxes, but McDonald's gets it from a tanker truck in steel cylinders. The syrup they get is fresher than other places' because it hasn't been sitting around in a factory. True story.

The fountain has to be clean, properly brixed and able to maintain proper temps of all the ingredients. That's all that it is.

KC native
I don't get it.

Not surprising.

The French (your favorite people in the whole world) are renowned for being pussies. I was pointing out that your fear of the shits was French like.

KC native
Lay off Donger.

He's made several posts in this thread that don't end in question marks. Impressive.

ROFL

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2014, 03:21 PM

This is important stuff, people. 7-Up tastes delicious, Sprite is like drinking a hobo's diarrhea! Brand loyalty for life.

I love diet 7-Up, it's the best diet soda drink out there and it's 80% purified/filtered water.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Salted. It's essential. Plain peanuts just don't interact with the Coke the same way.

Got it. I will give that a try sometime.

Donger
Not surprising.

The French (your favorite people in the whole world) are renowned for being pussies. I was pointing out that your fear of the shits was French like.

Oh. I just have a thing about Mexican water, which I presume that that Coke contains. I was REALLY tempted though.

listopencil

Ginger ale kicks 7 Up's ass.

CrazyPhuD
01-10-2014, 03:23 PM
So from the comments in the thread it sounds like the line is...if you're on the sweet side you like pepsi...if you're on the bitter side you like coke?

KC native
Why in God's name would I want to do that? Why would I want to drink any soda warm?

Sugar based pop doesn't taste like ass when it's warm. Just sayin'

Pablo
I love diet 7-Up, it's the best diet soda drink out there and it's 80% purified/filtered water.I'm not really much a Dr. Pepper fan; but I do think Dr. Pepper 10 is pretty enjoyable for a diet soda.

KC native
Oh. I just have a thing about Mexican water, which I presume that that Coke contains. I was REALLY tempted though.

It's filtered. The water has to meet Coke's standards before they start making the pop.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCGGYeqUDrhJsEHxNeZnqr7bISDwcQXv7bSqlE1BUxU0qwiJJQ8A

Molitoth
RC Cola is the best.

Donger
It's filtered. The water has to meet Coke's standards before they start making the pop.

Thanks. They should put that on the fucking bottle.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:25 PM

The Mexican Coke made from sugar tastes much better than ours.

Pablo
RC Cola is the best.Pitchforks! Lanterns!

Assemble, Coke and Pepsi drinkers.

But for reals, I think RC Cola is pretty good.

greatgooglymoogly
Does anyone else notice a harsh metallic aftertaste in regular Pepsi? I can't stand it.

Dartgod
01-10-2014, 03:26 PM

I only drink diet sodas. And I never drink them warm. That's crazy talk.

KC native
The Mexican Coke made from sugar tastes much better than ours.

Yes, it does.

lcarus
I want throwback Coke with real sugar. And i want the can to say COKE on it. In big bold letters.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
I want throwback Coke with real sugar. And i want the can to say COKE on it. In big bold letters.

The glass bottle Mexican cokes are "throwbacks" with real sugar.

lcarus
01-10-2014, 03:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCGGYeqUDrhJsEHxNeZnqr7bISDwcQXv7bSqlE1BUxU0qwiJJQ8A

I like their ginger ale, even though its more like Sprite than ginger ale, if you've ever had true ginger ale

KC native
I only drink diet sodas. And I never drink them warm. That's crazy talk.

Diet pop is nasty stuff. And you've never had a pop warm up while you're drinking it and not finish it before it gets warm?

Donger
Why isn't there an American-produced Coke with sugar? Some stupid law?

Pablo
01-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Why isn't there an American-produced Coke with sugar? Some stupid law?HFCS is most likely much cheaper and people have accepted its flavor.

lcarus
01-10-2014, 03:29 PM
The glass bottle Mexican cokes are "throwbacks" with real sugar.

Yeah ive hadit. Good but i want American throwback Coke. In cans.

Dartgod
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Diet pop is nasty stuff. And you've never had a pop warm up while you're drinking it and not finish it before it gets warm?

I used to think that years ago. Now that I am accustomed to diet, the regular stuff tastes icky sweet to me.

And, no.

HemiEd
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM

That must explain why the "Diet Coke" at Portillos is awesome and tastes better than anywhere else. I had previously thought is was due to the styrofoam cups instead of the paper ones.

IMO, both regular Coke and Pepsi both are nasty, I prefer Diet Pepsi with my whiskey.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Why isn't there an American-produced Coke with sugar? Some stupid law?

US bottlers switched to high fructose corn syrup because it's cheaper for them (partially due to restriction on Cuban and Brazilian sugar imports). They're bound by contract to produce a homogeneous version within certain regions (Coke changes the formula based on regional preferences).

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM
I like their ginger ale, even though its more like Sprite than ginger ale, if you've ever had true ginger ale

Yeah. It's kind of like a light ginger ale. I don't care for the stronger stuff. I hate ginger snaps, as a matter of fact.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 03:32 PM

Hmmmm well.....I learned something today.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:32 PM
That must explain why the "Diet Coke" at Portillos is awesome and tastes better than anywhere else. I had previously thought is was due to the styrofoam cups instead of the paper ones.

IMO, both regular Coke and Pepsi both are nasty, I prefer Diet Pepsi with my whiskey.

I've been known to mix my spiced rum with Dr Pepper or root beer. Not bad for a Summer drink.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
HFCS is most likely much cheaper and people have accepted its flavor.

It's not so much that people have accepted it. A lot, if not most, people can't taste the difference between sugar based and HFCS based at ice cold temperatures which is the temp that most Americans drink it at. It's when the drink begins to warm that you can really tell the difference.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
US bottlers switched to high fructose corn syrup because it's cheaper for them (partially due to restriction on Cuban and Brazilian sugar imports). They're bound by contract to produce a homogeneous version within certain regions (Coke changes the formula based on regional preferences).

Neat. And the United States is one big region, or is it split up?

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:34 PM

Portillos probably runs a good fountain. Repair, maintenance, cleaning and calibration. That's all it is.

Predarat
In the 80's yes, but when Coke decided to go back to the "original formula" I'd give the edge to Coca-cola.

Yes this stuff.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/01/0127_20_stock_market_rocking_products/image/010_new_coke.jpg

T-post Tom
OBAMACARE!!!!

in

KC native
Neat. And the United States is one big region, or is it split up?

One big region. I believe Canada falls within our region too.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Portillos probably runs a good fountain. Repair, maintenance, cleaning and calibration. That's all it is.

This. Most places do not maintain their fountains properly.

CrazyPhuD
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
It's not so much that people have accepted it. A lot, if not most, people can't taste the difference between sugar based and HFCS based at ice cold temperatures which is the temp that most Americans drink it at. It's when the drink begins to warm that you can really tell the difference.

Really? Sugar versus HFC seems a massive difference to me even ice cold. It's too bad the problem exists because of the political connections of sugar producers and the tarriffs to make the price rediculous compared to what it should be! Sugar >>>>>>>>>>> HFC.

Tribal Warfare
01-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes this stuff.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/01/0127_20_stock_market_rocking_products/image/010_new_coke.jpg

If they ever made bottled up ass with sugar water, it would've been 80's Coke

BossChief
01-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I find it weird that so many here say that Pepsi is sweeter....when I drink brown soda, it's usually Pepsi because its not as sweet.

KC native
01-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Really? Sugar versus HFC seems a massive difference to me even ice cold. It's too bad the problem exists because of the political connections of sugar producers and the tarriffs to make the price rediculous compared to what it should be! Sugar >>>>>>>>>>> HFC.

I can tell the difference too. A lot of people can't though. It's how US Coke bottlers have shot down criticism of the switch to HFC and justified the switch.

Pepe Silvia
01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
If they ever made bottled up ass with sugar water, it would've been 80's Coke

That's pretty much Pepsi except it's flat bottled up ass with sugar water.

gblowfish
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
I cut down on drinking pop about two years ago. Drink a lot of water and unsweetened tea now.

But about once every couple weeks or a month or so, I'll have a real Coke. They always taste amazing when you don't drink them all the time.

I also like RC better than Pepsi.

My grandmother loved Pepsi, because Joan Crawford was married to Pepsi's president in the 1950s, and Joan Crawford was one of her favorite actresses. Go figure.

Mav
One comes in a red can, the other a blue can. Sorta like Budweiser and Busch.

Or, Like Miller Lite, and Budweiser. Busch is the same company.

HemiEd
I've been known to mix my spiced rum with Dr Pepper or root beer. Not bad for a Summer drink.

I will have to try that, thanks. Not a big fan of spiced rum, but change is good.

Mav
01-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I cut down on drinking pop about two years ago. Drink a lot of water and unsweetened tea now.

But about once every couple weeks or a month or so, I'll have a real Coke. They always taste amazing when you don't drink them all the time.

My grandmother loved Pepsi, because Joan Crawford was married to Pepsi's president in the 1950s, and Joan Crawford was one of her favorite actresses. Go figure.

My wife got me addicted to coke zero.

I love the stuff.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I can tell the difference too. A lot of people can't though. It's how US Coke bottlers have shot down criticism of the switch to HFC and justified the switch.

I can get Jarritos at my local grocery store. My kids and I prefer it, although we don't drink all that much. I tend to brew tea in the Summer instead.

gblowfish
At the Olympia Cafe, no Coke, PEPSI....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iSOGguS-6OA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HemiEd

Maybe so, they sure charge enough for everything. But others around here agree with me that their DC tastes better than anywhere else.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Orangina is the best soda. I miss it.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I will have to try that, thanks. Not a big fan of spiced rum, but change is good.

I use Sailor Jerry's. In hot chocolate or coffee for Winter, a dark soft drink for Summer. I'll mix up the soft drink for variety. By the way, a kick ass Winter drink: Make hot chocolate but add a shot of spiced rum and a bit of caramel syrup (the coffee kind) to it. So nice on a cold night.

HemiEd
01-10-2014, 03:49 PM

No question the crap is bad for you. One of my cardiologists equated it to ingesting a chain saw.
Then of course, there is the aspartame in the diet drinks (that I love) which is supposed to give you everything from headaches to cancer.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Orangina is the best soda. I miss it.

I finally found a bar that would serve me Orangina, an empty glass, and a glass of white wine in Toulon. I wanted a wine cooler and three bars refused to do it. The fourth would only bring it to me separately and look on in disgust. This was decades ago though.

Donger
01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
I finally found a bar that would serve me Orangina, an empty glass, and a glass of white wine in Toulon. I wanted a wine cooler and three bars refused to do it. The fourth would only bring it to me separately and look on in disgust. This was decades ago though.

LMAO

French.

HemiEd
01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
I use Sailor Jerry's. In hot chocolate or coffee for Winter, a dark soft drink for Summer. I'll mix up the soft drink for variety. By the way, a kick ass Winter drink: Make hot chocolate but add a shot of spiced rum and a bit of caramel syrup (the coffee kind) to it. So nice on a cold night.

I haven't heard of Sailor Jerry's. I usually keep a half gallon of Captain Morgan in the bar for visitors.
My wife may even like one of those drinks, and it is hard to get her to drink anything alcoholic other than an occasional margarita with Mexican food.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
I haven't heard of Sailor Jerry's. I usually keep a half gallon of Captain Morgan in the bar for visitors.
My wife may even like one of those drinks, and it is hard to get her to drink anything alcoholic other than an occasional margarita with Mexican food.

Sailor Jerry's is spicier and stronger. I think the makers of Morgan made one with a different recipe to try to compete with Jerry's.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I think this is it:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5500/tpbc2s65/products/869/images/902/captmorgan100__07621__20800.1358534141.1280.1280.jpg

listopencil
01-10-2014, 03:57 PM
LMAO

French.

Yup. Pretty much.

Dartgod
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Sailor Jerry's is spicier and stronger. I think the makers of Morgan made one with a different recipe to try to compete with Jerry's.

Sailor Jerry's is good. Most recently I bought a bottle of Kraken spiced rum that I like quite well.

KC native
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
I can get Jarritos at my local grocery store. My kids and I prefer it, although we don't drink all that much. I tend to brew tea in the Summer instead.

Yea, my son loves root beer and limon jarritos.

HemiEd
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
I think this is it:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5500/tpbc2s65/products/869/images/902/captmorgan100__07621__20800.1358534141.1280.1280.jpg

I have a good buddy who only drinks Captain Morgan, nothing else. No beer, no wine, no whiskey, just spiced rum. I will have to try that on him, and I may even like it. Gotta try the Sailor Jerrys as well.

In58men
01-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Pepsi is 100 times better.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Sailor Jerry's is good. Most recently I bought a bottle of Kraken spiced rum that I like quite well.

It was bit too licorice-y for my tastes...but I drank it, lol. I still have some sitting next to the Jerry's.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Yea, my son loves root beer and limon jarritos.

It's good stuff. Beats the hell out of American soda.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
I have a good buddy who only drinks Captain Morgan, nothing else. No beer, no wine, no whiskey, just spiced rum. I will have to try that on him, and I may even like it. Gotta try the Sailor Jerrys as well.

I highly recommend it.

KC native
01-10-2014, 04:09 PM

Yet another example of why you weren't Noob of the year.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Hmm. Looking at my "liquor cabinet" I have Sailor Jerry's, Kraken, Patron (Silver), Fireball and Midnight Moon (Cherry). And some Bailey's Irish Cream (Caramel) in the fridge. Also some home made chocolate covered cherry concoction that my son gave me.

BossChief
01-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Sailor Jerry's is the bomb.

seclark
01-10-2014, 04:18 PM

I love kraken...w/ginger ale and some grapefruit juice.
sec

hometeam
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM

http://modernborefare.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/boo-google-boo.gif

KCFaninSEA
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
If I want a soda at a restaurant I ask " do you have coke or Pepsi"? If they say Pepsi, I tell them I'll have a water. Hopefully, the word gets out and someday they will realize they are losing money by having a terrible product in Pepsi, which is nothing more than flat, stale coke.

RunKC
01-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Hard to give up either but coke has the edge

Cannibal
seriously?

Pepsi is much sweeter, and has more of a watered down taste. Doesn't have as much as a carbonated taste as Coke does IMO.

Go to Taco Bell (Pepsi) and then go to McDonalds (Coke)...the McDonalds Coke will blow you away in comparison.

I don't drink soda anymore, but this description is 100% correct.

ILChief
I like Pepsi

In58men
01-10-2014, 04:22 PM
http://modernborefare.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/boo-google-boo.gif

Fountain Pepsi dominates any soda

ILChief
01-10-2014, 04:24 PM

I can tell the difference but I like both. I don't get worked up over it

ClevelandBronco
01-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Sure, Pepsi's fine. I know you're not in charge of anything important, so just bring me what you have.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 04:33 PM

I used to see people do that a lot with Dr. Pepper.

Easy 6
01-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I couldnt care less, the only time I differentiate is when making mixed drinks, in that case Coke is preferred... more carbonation and softer flavor.

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2014, 04:40 PM
rum and coke is a classic and when said bartender substitutes pepsi for coke, no tip for you! oh, and the same for jack and coke.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Nothing and I mean NOTHING, beats a Coke from McDonalds...

They should consider selling hot buttered popcorn to pair with that.

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2014, 04:48 PM
or beam and coke. Actually, beam and coke is just about the best drink a guy can have. If you are clueless and don't know what to order, just tell the bartender "beam and coke" and you'll be a happy camper.

ChiTown
01-10-2014, 04:52 PM
They should consider selling hot buttered popcorn to pair with that.

In!

patteeu
01-10-2014, 04:57 PM
The Pepsi Challenge campaign of the 1980s led Coke into their New Coke blunder because people actually preferred Pepsi in blind taste tests (http://www.slate.com/articles/business/rivalries/2013/08/pepsi_paradox_why_people_prefer_coke_even_though_pepsi_wins_in_taste_tests.html) and Pepsi was rapidly gaining market share. Of course, the backlash from loyal Coke heads led them to reverse their decision shortly thereafter.

When Read Montague of Baylor College Medicine performed a version of the Pepsi Challenge with subjects hooked up to an MRI machine, he found something interesting. In blind taste tests, most people preferred Pepsi, and Pepsi was associated with a higher level of activity in an area of the brain known as the ventral putamen, which helps us evaluate different flavors. By contrast, in a nonblind test, Coke was more popular and was also associated with increased activity in the medial prefrontal cortex. Montague’s interpretation: This prefrontal activity represented the higher-thinking functions of the brain associating the soda with ad campaigns and, in effect, overriding the taste buds.

So maybe you Coke heads just prefer to "Have a Coke and a Smile" instead of drinking "The Choice of a New Generation".

The counter-argument is that taste tests only use small sips and it's possible that people who prefer sweeter for small sips may prefer less sweet for Big Gulps.

ghak99
01-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Who cares, they both taste like shit.

notorious
01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Coke and it's not even close.

Pepsi Max completely dominates any diet soda, though.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-10-2014, 05:09 PM

I agree. What are these weirdos talking about?

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Lets assume Pepsi didn't taste like a dead raccoons asshole after its two weeks dead. Just pretend. Why are their "pouring rights" in America? It's so dumb. I've never gone to a stadium were you could only get Bud. Or a bar. Maybe crap holes in the wall do but no major place does. We went to Applebee's today which is a major chain. And they pulled this.

Yeah yeah I know: Applebee's sucks. If I knew they had Pepsi I'd have avoided it like a 350 pound fat woman

notorious
01-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Coke blows Pepsi out of the water.

If you are mixing drinks the gap grows even larger.

Pepe Silvia
01-10-2014, 05:36 PM

What is it about McDonald's and coke? You can't beat a fresh coke from their fountain. Gotta love carbonation.

Earthling
01-10-2014, 05:38 PM
I disagree, we have one of those old 70s machines here at works that gives out 8oz glass bottles.

Glass+coke = love

I had one of those 8oz. bottles broken on my noggin once. (Still full) Fortunately all I got was some stitches and no cranial fracture. I don't remember if it was pepsi or coke so I dislike them both equally.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Lets assume Pepsi didn't taste like a dead raccoons asshole after its two weeks dead. Just pretend. Why are their "pouring rights" in America? It's so dumb. I've never gone to a stadium were you could only get Bud. Or a bar. Maybe crap holes in the wall do but no major place does. We went to Applebee's today which is a major chain. And they pulled this.

Yeah yeah I know: Applebee's sucks. If I knew they had Pepsi I'd have avoided it like a 350 pound fat woman

Because in America businesses are free to sign exclusivity contracts.

Simply Red
01-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Pepsi seems to get more carbonated as it's chilled - unlike Coke which is carbonated like a bauce.

RC is similar to Pepsi in that it seems to do better chilled.

It's a strange little mystery, I've noticed.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 06:07 PM

What the heck? Supposedly this is a southern thing. I've grew up and have lived in the south most of my life and never heard of it once, then Boom!....I've heard it mentioned four times in the last month or so. Very odd.

MTG#10
01-10-2014, 06:17 PM
I like them both. Probably a slight edge to coke.

mnchiefsguy
01-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Coke and it's not even close.

Pepsi Max completely dominates any diet soda, though.

Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet A & W are by far the best diet sodas, and they taste close to the their sugary counterparts.

CrazyPhuD
01-10-2014, 06:19 PM
I just want to say there is a reason that Pepsi is the all-american patriotic red, white and blue:usa:, while coke is that red commie menace!:bang:

http://consumermediallc.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lenincoke400.jpg

CrazyPhuD
01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Still someone needs to make a soda tie in commercial based on.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YwCSmVHzhqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu
01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
What the heck? Supposedly this is a southern thing. I've grew up and have lived in the south most of my life and never heard of it once, then Boom!....I've heard it mentioned four times in the last month or so. Very odd.

When you've heard it mentioned, are they talking about Coke in particular? I've never heard of people doing it with Coke before, but it's been a long time since I've heard of anyone doing it.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I guess I'll also chime in on most topics that have come up in this thread.

Coke over Pepsi. I'm not even really sure why Pepsi(the soda) exists to be honest. It sucks. Mountain Dew and some other pepsi products are good though.

I prefer the Mexican sugar cokes over the high fructose corn syrup. My buddy owns a Mexican taco shop down the road from us and that have those comes and a wide selection of Jarritos. Jarritos are great. I prefer them over most American sodas.

Mixed drinks, I don't use coke or Pepsi. Vodka and root beer is my mixed drink. Don't knock it til you try it. As far as bourbon whiskey goes, I buy the quality stuff so there is no mixing involved.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 06:27 PM
When you've heard it mentioned, are they talking about Coke in particular? I've never heard of people doing it with Coke before, but it's been a long time since I've heard of anyone doing it.

Coke and RC Cola are the two I've heard used. I believe somebody in this thread mentioned a different type of soda they did it with.

stevieray
01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
rum and pepsi please...:Lin:

patteeu
01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Coke and RC Cola are the two I've heard used. I believe somebody in this thread mentioned a different type of soda they did it with.

Yeah I did. I've seen it done with Dr. Pepper, but that was 30+ years ago.

Simply Red
01-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Never heard of this practice.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Yeah I did. I've seen it done with Dr. Pepper, but that was 30+ years ago.

Yea, that's it. Sorry, I didn't want to wade back through all of these posts. I'm not sure why anyone would ruin a perfectly good Dr. Pepper. My mom was.the first to mention it to me this month. She said Coke is all she remembers people doing it with, and we're in Dr Pepper country living 49 miles from where it was invented.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Never heard of this practice.

You're in Atlanta, right? If you're up to it, ask around and see if it was ever popular. It's apparently an old school thing.

Simply Red
01-10-2014, 07:02 PM
You're in Atlanta, right? If you're up to it, ask around and see if it was ever popular. It's apparently an old school thing.

Oh I plan on it pal.

Simply Red
01-10-2014, 07:03 PM
:)

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Lets get back to economics. Does the pouring rights cash Applebee's got exceed (or fall short of) the lost revenue from folks like me that refuse to drink Pepsi?

hometeam
01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Lets get back to economics. Does the pouring rights cash Applebee's got exceed (or fall short of) the lost revenue from folks like me that refuse to drink Pepsi?

Since I drink Dr Pepper too, which even though its not part of Pepsi, seems to be at every restaurant that has it, they dont lose out on the money.

Pepsi still sucks ass though

Simply Red
01-10-2014, 07:09 PM

maybe, unless you order a raz iced tea, then they still gank your shit before you're able to leave.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 07:10 PM
How come most places have Dr. Pepper regardless of which company they have exclusive rights with? At least they do down here.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2014, 07:13 PM
My fave is Dr. Pepper.

Whenever I ask and they don't have it, I get asked "is Root Beer ok?"

Da fuh? Root beer tastes nothing like Dr pepper.

threebag
01-10-2014, 07:14 PM
I ask for Coke...They offer that Pepsi shit...I ask if their tea is brewed if not...I resort to water or coffee.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
How come most places have Dr. Pepper regardless of which company they have exclusive rights with? At least they do down here.

I thought Dr. Pepper was it's own entity.

I know at one point Coke tried to buy it but the FTC prevented the merger or something. Then Coke made Mr. Pibb instead.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
I thought Dr. Pepper was it's own entity.

I know at one point Coke tried to buy it but the FTC prevented the merger or something. Then Coke made Mr. Pibb instead.

It is it's own entity. I just figured if a place had an exclusive deal, they had to serve that companies beverages exclusively.

In58men
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
You know 99.9% of restaurants and fast food places has their soda flavors listed.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
My fave is Dr. Pepper.

Whenever I ask and they don't have it, I get asked "is Root Beer ok?"

Da fuh? Root beer tastes nothing like Dr pepper.

no shit? Root beer?

I love me an ice cold A&W root beer, but it's def not a comparable substitution for Dr.Pepper that's for sure.

CoMoChief
01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
You know 99.9% of restaurants and fast food places has their soda flavors listed.

You know that 99.9% of people who drink soda with their dinners when they go out to eat don't even look at the drink menu? They just assume the place has it.

Now if I'm at a fast food drive thru and I see Pepsi product signs everywhere on it or Coke....I'm not going to ask for the opposite brand, because then you're just being a dumbass.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Since I drink Dr Pepper too, which even though its not part of Pepsi, seems to be at every restaurant that has it, they dont lose out on the money.

Pepsi still sucks ass though

Good pt. does a coke site ever say"is mr pibb ok?" Hell no

patteeu
01-10-2014, 07:37 PM

They're convinced it exceeds the lost revenue. So are most of the fast food chains and a lot of other restaurants.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 07:40 PM

Maybe because you're in Dr. Pepper country. :shrug:

Up here, places that offer Coke but not Pepsi typically offer Mr. Pibb but not Dr. Pepper.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Good pt. does a coke site ever say"is mr pibb ok?" Hell no

My kids usually ask for Dr. Pepper. I see servers ask if Mr. Pibb is OK all the time.

Just Passin' By
01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
They're convinced it exceeds the lost revenue. So are most of the fast food chains and a lot of other restaurants.

It may exceed the lost revenue when spread out over all their customers, but it usually ends up costing businesses significant money when it happens to me, since we end up getting waters and skipping appetizers and desserts, and we often won't return to that restaurant if the food wasn't outstanding.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 07:44 PM

Pepsico used to own Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut and a little hamburger experiment called Hot'N'Now. They also had kiosks and multifront locations with combo menus. Pepsi didn't sell Coke products in those stores of course. And franchises that competed with those places didn't really feel like giving money to their competition. There are locations now that offer both.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Barbara Mandell was country when country wasn't cool... and she was putting peanuts in coke too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IkEisdaFRzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“I remember circlin’ the drive-in/
pullin’ up and turnin’ down George Jones/
I remember when no one was lookin’/
I was puttin’ peanuts in my Coke/
I took a lot of kiddin’, ‘cause I never did fit in/
now look at everybody tryin’ to be what I was then/
I was country, when country wasn’t cool”

listopencil
01-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Oh, I forgot Chevy's. That was being rolled out around the same time I left the company. That's the business that was owned by Pepsi that would compete with a place like Applebee's.

penguinz
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Why would you base decision for where to eat based off of Coke vs Pepsi?

patteeu
01-10-2014, 07:49 PM
It may exceed the lost revenue when spread out over all their customers, but it usually ends up costing businesses significant money when it happens to me, since we end up getting waters and skipping appetizers and desserts, and we often won't return to that restaurant if the food wasn't outstanding.

Yes, of course I'm talking about their belief across their entire potential customer base. They got paid extra to absorb lost opportunities from people like you and Prison Bitch.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Maybe because you're in Dr. Pepper country. :shrug:

Up here, places that offer Coke but not Pepsi typically offer Mr. Pibb but not Dr. Pepper.

Yea, I get that. I just assumed exclusive rights meant exclusive rights. I guess the two major companies just don't want the restaurants serving the other big company if they have exclusive rights in a place. Third parties like Dr. Pepper must not be an issue to them.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Barbara Mandell was country when country wasn't cool... and she was putting peanuts in coke too.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IkEisdaFRzU" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

“I remember circlin’ the drive-in/
pullin’ up and turnin’ down George Jones/
I remember when no one was lookin’/
I was puttin’ peanuts in my Coke/
I took a lot of kiddin’, ‘cause I never did fit in/
now look at everybody tryin’ to be what I was then/
I was country, when country wasn’t cool”

There was a detective show where the guest star villain, played by the actor who played The Professor on Gilligan's Island, put peanuts in his soft drink. I believe it was one of the clues on the show.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
http://www.tv.com/shows/ironside/programmed-for-panic-89088/

"The suspect had a penchant for putting salted peanuts in his bottle of coke. This was commonly done in the South in the 1950's."

ILChief
01-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Anyone ever mixed coke and Pepsi? It's pretty good

patteeu
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Yea, I get that. I just assumed exclusive rights meant exclusive rights. I guess the two major companies just don't want the restaurants serving the other big company if they have exclusive rights in a place. Third parties like Dr. Pepper must not be an issue to them.

Apparently, the owner of Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper Snapple Group) uses either Coke or Pepsi as distributors in some regions based on some cursory googling.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
My kids usually ask for Dr. Pepper. I see servers ask if Mr. Pibb is OK all the time.

Bull

Just Passin' By
01-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Why would you base decision for where to eat based off of Coke vs Pepsi?

Why would I go to a restaurant where I'm not going to enjoy my drinking experience, unless the food is so good that it makes up for it? I don't usually drink alcohol when I dine out, so I stick to soda unless they've got something interesting as an alternative.

chiefsfan987
01-10-2014, 07:59 PM

They do, but people are so damn lazy that they don't even bother to look. They'd rather ask stupid questions or questions about **** they aren't even going to get anyways.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Anyone ever mixed coke and Pepsi? It's pretty good

That's like mixing Len Dawson with Matt Cassel

ILChief
01-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Sprite or 7 up?

Mello Yello or Mountain Dew?

Just Passin' By
01-10-2014, 08:01 PM

Up and down the east coast, many places just list "soft drinks" instead of breaking it down.

Coach
01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Pepsi works for me.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Apparently, the owner of Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper Snapple Group) uses either Coke or Pepsi as distributors in some regions based on some cursory googling.

Ahhh...that makes perfect sense. I guess I could have found that out myself. Thanks.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Sprite or 7 up?

Sprite and Mountain Dew.

But Mello Yello is pretty damned good.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 08:07 PM

I'm calling bs on Mello Yello. Nobody's actually ever had one.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Ahhh...that makes perfect sense. I guess I could have found that out myself. Thanks.

I only mentioned the googling because I read that on a yahoo answers pages so I'm not 100% confident in it.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 08:08 PM
I only mentioned the googling because I read that on a yahoo answers pages so I'm not 100% confident in it.

It makes enough sense to be true, so we'll go with it. Start spreading the word.

penguinz
01-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Why would I go to a restaurant where I'm not going to enjoy my drinking experience, unless the food is so good that it makes up for it? I don't usually drink alcohol when I dine out, so I stick to soda unless they've got something interesting as an alternative.

So you are going to base where you eat off of a product they carried off a truck instead of preparing.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 08:14 PM
So you are going to base where you eat off of a product they carried off a truck instead of preparing.

Yes. That garbage Pepsi ruined my lunch. After about 2 min it got watered down and tasted like cat piss

ILChief
01-10-2014, 08:16 PM

Why do you say that?

mschiefs1984
01-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Coke>pepsi

But I mainly drink Barqs root beer love that stuff

dirk digler
01-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Love Coke hate Pepsi. Worked in a restaurant for a long time that only served Pepsi products. My favorite soda is Mt. Dew though

Pepe Silvia
01-10-2014, 08:17 PM

I've had one so you're wrong there.

Just Passin' By
01-10-2014, 08:18 PM

I'm going to base where I eat partly off of drink choices since I usually drink when I eat, yes.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Why do you say that?

Because it da truth

The Franchise
01-10-2014, 08:24 PM

You are apparently NOT from the midwest. That's all I drank when I was growing up.

listopencil
01-10-2014, 08:26 PM
You are apparently NOT from the midwest. That's all I drank when I was growing up.

Yeah, little things like that do tend to give a person away, don't they?

TimBone
01-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Because it da truth

Nah, it's very prevalent in the part of Tennessee that my dad is from. It's in just about every soda fountain in every gas station and restuarant. And Walmart sells it down here.

Easy 6
01-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Mello Yellow is a perfectly acceptable substitute when Dew isnt available, its common as dirt around here.

Fairplay
01-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Pop or soda

I say soda.

TimBone
01-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Anybody got any opinions on whether certain sodas are better from a can, bottle, or fountain?

I prefer Mountain Dew out of a plastic bottle as opposed to from a fountain. Won't even touch it if it's from a fountain.

Dr Pepper I like both ways, but it's much better from a fountain in a cup of ice.

ClevelandBronco
01-10-2014, 08:32 PM

I had one a couple of weeks ago in a Mexican restaurant. They had four flavors of Mello Yello, three of which weren't yellow.

McBeard
01-10-2014, 08:32 PM
I generally like Coke better unless I am eating at a Pepsi Co. restaurant. I want Pepsi at Pizza Hut or Taco Bell instead of coke. It's always disappointing if I go through the drive thru, bring it home, and drink Coke with it.

That is pretty pathetic I guess. They have me suckered.

ClevelandBronco
01-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Pop or soda

I say soda.

Said pop in Ohio. Moved west and gradually learned to call it soda pop, then just soda.

ILChief
01-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Mello Yellow is a perfectly acceptable substitute when Dew isnt available, its common as dirt around here.

McDonald's here have it

Easy 6
01-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Just dont say "sodie"

Easy 6
01-10-2014, 08:35 PM
McDonald's here have it

Same thing an hour and a half away.

ILChief
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
In the south, coke is coke. Pepsi is coke. Dr. Pepper is coke

Bump
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
back in my college days and bartending/serving. People in Kansas freak the fuck out if you don't have their choice of fucking soda. It literally ruins their lives and they get extremely, I mean, fucking mad about it. I never understood why they would care so much about having a freaking coca cola. Grown men/women would throw tantrums in public over it, pathetic.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Just dont say "sodie"

My nephews from Arkansas said that one weekend they visited. "Uncle Prison Bitch I want a sodie pop". I had to grit my teeth and quietly get them their damn sodie pop

The Franchise
01-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Anybody got any opinions on whether certain sodas are better from a can, bottle, or fountain?

I prefer Mountain Dew out of a plastic bottle as opposed to from a fountain. Won't even touch it if it's from a fountain.

Dr Pepper I like both ways, but it's much better from a fountain in a cup of ice.

I actually prefer Diet Mt. Dew to regular Mt. Dew now.

mschiefs1984
01-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Just dont say "sodie"

I said sodie when I was little but now it annoys me LOL

McBeard
01-10-2014, 08:39 PM
It's all called "Coke" in the south. Whether it's Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, or any other soda. If you are speaking in general, instead of saying "I want a pop," you say "I want a Coke."

For real.

TLO
01-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm enjoying a nice cold Coke right now
Had a Cherry RC cola the other day and it wasn't bad either.
Pepsi is ok.

Code Red Mountain Dew is probably my favorite soda.

McBeard
01-10-2014, 08:44 PM
In the south, coke is coke. Pepsi is coke. Dr. Pepper is coke

Yep, I missed this.

patteeu
01-10-2014, 08:48 PM
For me,

Glass bottle > can > plastic bottle > fountain

Prison Bitch
01-10-2014, 08:53 PM
For me,

Glass bottle > can > plastic bottle > fountain

Truth.

alnorth
01-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Unless it has gone flat, that is completely impossible.

They are somewhat more similar in fountain form, but if you open a fresh can of coke and a fresh can of pepsi, the difference is enormous. If you let them sit for 3 hours, they start to taste the same. (the coke starts to taste more like the pepsi, since pepsi is always pretty flat)