PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting Article about Free Agent Options

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I have seen some of these names tossed around here already but some new ones I hadn't heard of - what say the CP brain trust?

5 Free Agents the Kansas City Chiefs Should Target This Offseason

#5 - TE Dennis Pitta - missed most of 2013 with a hip injury, but he was a huge part of the Baltimore Ravens' Super Bowl run in 2012. Pitta is fantastic at running routes in the middle of the field, and would instantly become one of the most talented receivers on the team. Anthony Fasano was decent for the Chiefs last season, but Pitta would be a nice upgrade.

#4- ILB Brandon Spikes - may not be great in pass coverage, but he is one of the best linebackers in the NFL at stopping the run. The Chiefs were not very good against the run last season, giving up 120.2 rushing yards per game (22nd in the league). Their other linebackers specialize in defending the pass, having an elite run-stuffing linebacker like Spikes would do this team some good.

#3 - CB Chris Harris - The Kansas City secondary was torched late in the season. Brandon Flowers is a Pro Bowl corner back, but the options that the Chiefs have opposite of him are not very good. Guys like Sean Smith, Marcus Cooper and Dunta Robinson were getting picked on all season long for the Chiefs. Chris Harris would be a tremendous upgrade over this group. The fact that their division rival Denver Broncos would be losing him would just be the cherry on top.

#2 - WR Jeremy Maclin - This just seems like an obvious fit. Aside from Dwayne Bowe, the Chiefs do not really have any good WR options. Donnie Avery was OK at times, but the team could really use another receiving option. Jeremy Maclin is coming off of a tough knee injury, but he is a very talented player and Reid is extremely familiar with him. Unless he returns to the Philadelphia Eagles, I think K.C. are the favorites to land Maclin.

#1 - WR Golden Tate - The Seattle Seahawks are probably the most talented team in the NFL. Eventually, they are going to have to pay all this talent. Golden Tate will reach free agency this offseason, and I am sure that he would like to return to Seattle. That being said, I do not believe that they will be able to afford Tate. Kansas City would be a perfect fit for him.
Tate had 64 receptions for 898 yards and five touchdowns this season. He is a very sure-handed receiver with impressive athletic skills. Tate would be the perfect receiver to compliment Bowe, and would give Smith another much needed target.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/01/12/2014-nfl-offseason-5-free-agents-kansas-city-chiefs-should-consider/?xf2dU5BuQqLkC82W.99

If you had to choose between Maclin or Tate who would you take? I'm not so sure about Spikes - we already have an ILB that comes out on passing downs

Hoover
01-12-2014, 09:30 PM
I doubt we are going to spend big FA money on TE or CB. The Spikes addition would be nice to pair next to DJ. There are a ton of FA WRs that would work for us, so I'm not really worried about who, I just want to see an upgrade.

We don't need a CB, we need a good FS.

O.city
01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
We need another mlb who can stay on the field and defend the pass.

Harris would be a good fit, as would Maclin and Tate

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 09:33 PM

This is what I was thinking too after posting - Cooper, Parker, and Flowers are are good CB's and Smith just needs a swift kick in the ass

Why Not?
01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I would take Tate. I wouldn't mind Pitta. No thanks to any member of the Denver secondary

BossChief
01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
No way I'd spend that kind of money on a receiver, unless Maclin would come here cheap.

1) this draft is stacked at receiver
2) our GM has a long history of scouting receivers that were fairly unknown, but have produced.
3) we have bigger needs. We scored 44 in the playoffs with our current group.
4) this isn't a great safety class in the draft and we desperately need an upgrade there...a few good options are out there in FA.

O.city
01-12-2014, 09:35 PM
A FS and a wr in free agency would do.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Eric Decker

SPATCH
01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Maclin is a difference-maker. Moreso than Tate.

However, the robo-knees could be a problem.

In58men
01-12-2014, 09:40 PM
I'd rather trade Bowe for a high 2nd rounder. Draft a WR in the 1st and a TE in the 2nd. FS in FA. We'll be okay at CB. We can take one in the 3rd, 4th or FA. I don't take a WR in free agency for some reason. If we get Maclin, I'd be okay with that. He wouldn't be my first option though.

Why Not?
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
I'd rather trade Bowe for a high 2nd rounder. Draft a WR in the 1st and a TE in the 2nd. FS in FA. We'll be okay at CB. We can take one in the 3rd, 4th or FA. I don't take a WR in free agency for some reason. If we get Maclin, I'd be okay with that. He wouldn't be my first option though.

Well if there was ever a time to trade Bowe, it would be this off season. His stock will never be higher. Especially w that contract

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Well if there was ever a time to trade Bowe, it would be this off season. His stock will never be higher. Especially w that contract

With the season he had you consider his "stock" high?

Hoover
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't trading Bowe crete a ton of dead money and hurt us with the cap?

O.city
Trade Bowe.

Jesus

Mr_Tomahawk
Trade Bowe?

Good luck with that...

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 09:48 PM

That was my understanding as well

Why Not?
With the season he had you consider his "stock" high?

Not the season. The playoff game. Maybe Dorsey could find a chump that would take him.

In58men

Yes sir, I just have a feeling we are keeping Alex Smith for long haul. If so, we need to give him some help on offense. A WR and TE doesn't need more than a year to make the college to NFL transistion (Unless you're Jonathan Baldwin).

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Not the season. The playoff game. Maybe Dorsey could find a chump that would take him.

a 63 yard reception that he couldn't get the last 2 yards on?

BossChief
01-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Nobody is trading for Bowe.

Down year, statistically
Legal case pending
Big contract that would accelerate and trading him would actually cost us 4.25 million.

Quesadilla Joe
01-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Chris Harris is a restricted free agent.

In58men
01-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Don't be shocked if Bowe gets traded. I can see happening.

Jamie
01-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Nobody is trading for Bowe.

Down year, statistically
Legal case pending
Big contract that would accelerate and trading him would actually cost us 4.25 million.

This should be put in a sticky called "Stop suggesting a Bowe trade".

philfree
01-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Trade Charles, trade Bowe release Hali or Flowers? Maybe we will have to cut bait with a player but to think that after such a good start for the new regime one might think some of our vets will do what it takes to help the team. It's not like these guys are just hitting their prime either. Are they really going to do better elsewhere?

Not only has this place lost it's burst and hope it's also lost it's creativity.

We're all still doomed!

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Chris Harris is a restricted free agent.

So any team that wants him would have to make the contract so undesirable the Broncos wouldn't match

Titty Meat
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I would love tate or pitta

philfree
01-12-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm not sold on any of those guys for this team. FA usually doesn't work out as well as teams want so IMO we need to be careful about the moves we make.

Lex Luthor
01-12-2014, 10:26 PM
It sure would be nice if the Chiefs could get a second round draft pick for Bowe. But there's only one problem with that: No other NFL team is that fucking stupid.

:facepalm:

BossChief
01-12-2014, 10:27 PM
So any team that wants him would have to make the contract so undesirable the Broncos wouldn't match

No. I think they have to tender the player at a first round pick and if another team signs him (the players original team has a chance to match) they have to surrender the pick.

Harris will probably get tendered at a first and get around 3 million.

The Broncos have a bunch of other guys with expiring deals though....

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Knowshon Moreno
Robert Ayers
Wesley Woodyard
Mike Adams
Stewart Bradley
Quentin Jammer
Zane Beadles
Shaun Phillips
Paris Lenon
Dan Koppen
Andre Caldwell
Winston Justice
Michael Huff
Eric Decker
Steve Vallos

The Franchise
01-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Tate and Clemons would be nice but we don't really have the money.

Chiefaholic
01-12-2014, 10:29 PM

Bowe has a $12 million cap hit with $16.250 million remaining from his prorated bonus. Trading or cutting Bowe would put the Chiefs $4.250 million DEEPER against the cap. This scenario will not happen.

In58men
It sure would be nice if the Chiefs could get a second round draft pick for Bowe. But there's only one problem with that: No other NFL team is that ****ing stupid.

:facepalm:

Raiders, Cleveland and Miami

The Franchise
Raiders, Cleveland and Miami

We're not trading him and putting us in cap hell. It's fucking stupid.

In58men
01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Bowe has a $12 million cap hit with $16.250 million remaining from his prorated bonus. Trading or cutting Bowe would put the Chiefs $4.250 million DEEPER against the cap. This scenario will not happen.

True dat

DenverChief
01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
No. I think they have to tender the player at a first round pick and if another team signs him (the players original team has a chance to match) they have to surrender the pick.

Knowshon Moreno
Robert Ayers
Wesley Woodyard
Mike Adams
Stewart Bradley
Quentin Jammer
Zane Beadles
Shaun Phillips
Paris Lenon
Dan Koppen
Andre Caldwell
Winston Justice
Michael Huff
Eric Decker
Steve Vallos

I think the pick depends on how the player plays the following season - it's not just and automatic first rounder or whatever

RippedmyFlesh
01-12-2014, 10:34 PM

:doh!: I thought you were being sarcastic.

Fritz88
01-12-2014, 10:34 PM

Knowshon Moreno
Robert Ayers
Wesley Woodyard
Mike Adams
Stewart Bradley
Quentin Jammer
Zane Beadles
Shaun Phillips
Paris Lenon
Dan Koppen
Andre Caldwell
Winston Justic Michael Huff
Eric Decker
Steve Vallos

They can't keep Decker, Harris, Phillips, and Knwshon.
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men
01-12-2014, 10:35 PM
:doh!: I thought you were being sarcastic.

I didn't look into Bowes contract.

TEX
01-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Out of that group Id take Pitta and Tate. Id draft a CB round 1.

BossChief
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
If we could go out and get TJ Ward and re-sign Abdullah, that would make a huge difference to this defense. Thats where we could get the biggest impact in free agency. Our Corners wouldn't need to worry about the deep routes and could focus on a limited amount of routes to defend. That's why the defense looked so good early on. Teams were still taking deep drops and allowing our guys time to get to the quarterback. Once teams got the ball out quickly and targeted Lewis more and more, the worse it got.

I'd take the cheapest of these guys...if we are looking for a free agent receiver.

Decker
Maclin
Cooper
Edelman
Boldin

Any one of those guys would fit in nicely.

Mr. Laz
01-12-2014, 10:44 PM
yes, there a ton of guaranteed money

we can't trade Bowe ... period. Using him in tight like a TE seems to be the best option imo

isn't Brandon Spikes like 70 years old and slow as hell?

Flowers didn't stop many pass either

Free safety is a must

cross your fingers and pray Sutton that our secondary coaches don't suck as much as they appear to this year.

Chiefaholic
01-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Looking at projected salary cap numbers, the Chiefs are only $1.1 million under the cap w/o re-signing or restructuring anybody.

The biggest cap savings would come from Alex Smith at $7.5 million unless we likely restructure his contract to a more cap friendly deal. Following him would be Eric Berry at $5.8 million, Hali at $5.5 million, Johnson at $4.25 million. Flowers at $3.5 million, and Robinson at $3.3 million.

If I were Dorsey, I'd consider giving Smith a long term contract. Then ask Berry, Hali, Johnson, and Flowers to extend their contracts. If not, I'd debate putting Hali or Johnson on the trading blocks (Gotta have cash to sign a younger Houston next year).

After that cutting ties with Dunta Robinson saves $3.3 million, Chase Daniel, $1.4 million, Donnie Avery $1.3 million, Sean Smith $1.2 million, and AJ Jenjins at $1.02 million. This group alone saves $8.2 million we could use for potential FA's.

BossChief
01-12-2014, 10:50 PM
They can't keep Decker, Harris, Phillips, and Knwshon.
Posted via Mobile Device

They can once they cut a few guys that don't have a huge role, going forward.

Cutting Champ Bailey saves them 10m.
Tammy and Dressen save them another 6.

I wonder how much Zane Beadles will get in free agency. We could use him.

Mr. Laz
01-12-2014, 10:50 PM
If we could go out and get TJ Ward and re-sign Abdullah, that would make a huge difference to this defense. Thats where we could get the biggest impact in free agency. Our Corners wouldn't need to worry about the deep routes and could focus on a limited amount of routes to defend. That's why the defense looked so good early on. Teams were still taking deep drops and allowing our guys time to get to the quarterback. Once teams got the ball out quickly and targeted Lewis more and more, the worse it got.

I'd take the cheapest of these guys...if we are looking for a free agent receiver.

Decker
Maclin
Cooper
Edelman
Boldin

Any one of those guys would fit in nicely.
Sign a FA Wr, Draft a WR (need 2 new ones imo)

unless a stud TE falls to us in the draft, supplement TE with Bowe and hope that Kelce works out.

gotta find a FS somewhere

another CB or 2 in the draft

BossChief
01-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Looking at projected salary cap numbers, the Chiefs are only $1.1 million under the cap w/o re-signing or restructuring anybody.

The biggest cap savings would come from Alex Smith at $7.5 million unless we likely restructure his contract to a more cap friendly deal. Following him would be Eric Berry at $5.8 million, Hali at $5.5 million, Johnson at $4.25 million. Flowers at $3.5 million, and Robinson at $3.3 million.

If I were Dorsey, I'd consider giving Smith a long term contract. Then ask Berry, Hali, Johnson, and Flowers to extend their contracts. If not, I'd debate putting Hali or Johnson on the trading blocks (Gotta have cash to sign a younger Houston next year).

After that cutting ties with Dunta Robinson saves $3.3 million, Chase Daniel, $1.4 million, Donnie Avery $1.3 million, Sean Smith $1.2 million, and AJ Jenjins at $1.02 million. This group alone saves $8.2 million we could use for potential FA's.

Before restructuring anybody, the cap will go up to 126 or so and we have about 120 in contracts signed.

Cutting Dunta saves us 3.3 million
We can rollover about 2.5 from 2013

That means we will have a minimum of 10-12 million before restructuring or extending anyone's deal.

Chiefaholic
01-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Before restructuring anybody, the cap will go up to 126 or so and we have about 120 in contracts signed.

Cutting Dunta saves us 3.3 million
We can rollover about 2.5 from 2013

That means we will have a minimum of 10-12 million before restructuring or extending anyone's deal.

Not according to this...We're obligated to pay $126.5 million right now. the 2014 numbers vary about $1 million from one page to another.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Chiefs&Year=2014

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Golden Tate is a better version of McCluster as far as the return game goes but he really doesn't add anything to the WR position, same with McCluster. Both don't get consistent separation. Either way, IMO, McCluster needs to be shown the door. We could do a LOT better.

tonyetony
01-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Hali and Flowers should both be on the trading block. I think we can still get 2nd rounders for them. That should clear enough cap space to sign one of the best FA FS on the market, hopefully Byrd or Clemons. I wouldn't mind seeing them resign Abdullah and try to convert Parker to safety for depth.

If we trade Flowers we should draft the CB Dennard out of Michigan State in the 1st, the dude is a can't miss prospect. Then grab either Beckham or Landry from LSU for WR if one of them is available with our next pick.

tonyetony
01-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Lewis and Robinson are both history. I would say Dexter's chances of coming back are about a coin flip. I also seriously doubt we can afford Albert.

BossChief
01-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Not according to this...We're obligated to pay $126.5 million right now. the 2014 numbers vary about $1 million from one page to another.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Chiefs&Year=2014

That's strange. That number has changed over the last week or so. I wonder if some players hit playing time escalators in their deals.

The Franchise
01-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Golden Tate is a better version of McCluster as far as the return game goes but he really doesn't add anything to the WR position, same with McCluster. Both don't get consistent separation. Either way, IMO, McCluster needs to be shown the door. We could do a LOT better.

Lolwut? Tate is a way better WR than McCluster.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2014, 11:36 PM

Oh he's a much better WR but he's not worth the money he'll get. Some team will overpay him but he's not that good, IMO. He's nowhere near a #1 but he'd be our slot guy. I think we should address the WR position in the draft as it's the deepest it's been in a long time.

philfree
01-12-2014, 11:51 PM

Nothing to do with McCluster but I think Tate will disappoint his next team if he moves on in free agency.

mcaj22
01-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Maclin is a difference-maker. Moreso than Tate.

However, the robo-knees could be a problem.

how is Tate less of a difference maker their numbers are practically similar on paper, and you can make the argument Tate is trending upward (stats, finally getting it, etc) whereas Maclin could be trending downward (injuries, hasnt played in a year, etc). Tate is also a better returner.

Tate does more. Unless you are thinking Maclin is going to sign for like 1 or 2 million, if it's Maclin at 10-20 million and Tate at 40ish. I'd probably spend the extra couple million on Tate

The Franchise
01-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Oh he's a much better WR but he's not worth the money he'll get. Some team will overpay him but he's not that good, IMO. He's nowhere near a #1 but he'd be our slot guy. I think we should a.ress the WR position in the draft as it's the deepest it's been in a long time.

No one ever said that Tate would be a #1. He won't be a #1 WR anywhere he goes. The problem is this....you aren't finding a #1 WR in FA this year. Wait till the draft? How many rookie WRs step in day 1 and are reliable? Not many.

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2014, 12:09 AM
No one ever said that Tate would be a #1. He won't be a #1 WR anywhere he goes. The problem is this....you aren't finding a #1 WR in FA this year. Wait till the draft? How many rookie WRs step in day 1 and are reliable? Not many.

I agree. Tate is better than any wr we have not named Bowe. Id grab him if reasonable.

mcaj22
01-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Flowers, Hali, Berry, Bowe all over 10+ million on the cap next year is ****ing silly stupid as none of them are worth that

cdcox
01-13-2014, 12:17 AM
The biggest cap savings would come from Alex Smith at $7.5 million unless we likely restructure his contract to a more cap friendly deal.

If we extend Alex, his cap number will be well above $7.5M. The best way to get a cap savings from Alex Smith is to allow him to play out his contract exactly where it it.

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2014, 12:21 AM
If we extend Alex, his cap number will be well above $7.5M. The best way to get a cap savings from Alex Smith is to allow him to play out his contract exactly where it it.

No way that happens. They like him they will extend him. Be happy at least these guys gave it a year before doing it.

cdcox
01-13-2014, 12:29 AM
No way that happens. They like him they will extend him. Be happy at least these guys gave it a year before doing it.

I agree that they will probably extent Smith. I just wanted to squash the notion that we would achieve a cap savings by doing it. It will be very much the opposite. It's a long term move, at a short term expense.

If Smith wants more than $13M per year, I'd let him play out 2014 on his current contract and worry about it then.

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2014, 12:31 AM
I agree that they will probably extent Smith. I just wanted to squash the notion that we would achieve a cap savings by doing it. It will be very much the opposite. It's a long term move, at a short term expense.

If Smith wants more than $13M per year, I'd let him play out 2014 on his current contract and worry about it then.

No cap savings true. But if he plays well next year in hind sight it may end up saving us money.

philfree
01-13-2014, 12:37 AM

Probably but if the deal is long enough it still shouldn't be a killer. Alex needs a 6 year deal.

T-post Tom
01-13-2014, 12:51 AM

Bowe won't be traded due to his contract. Too big of a cap hit.

philfree
01-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Bowe's gonna have a bounce back season in 2014. 1200 yards and 9tds there abouts.

T-post Tom
01-13-2014, 12:56 AM
I doubt we are going to spend big FA money on TE or CB. The Spikes addition would be nice to pair next to DJ. There are a ton of FA WRs that would work for us, so I'm not really worried about who, I just want to see an upgrade.

Yes. Clemons from Miami. C'mon Dorsey....do it.

BossChief
01-13-2014, 01:02 AM
I wonder how the "cash cap" relates to how we need to spend in 2014.

Currently, we only have 97 million in cash spent accounted for in 2014 and I'm pretty sure we need to spend 89% of the probable 126 million dollar cap...which puts us roughly 16 million under that number.

Also, Dunta Robinson accounts for 4.3 million worth of that...if we cut him, that means we only have 93.7 million in cash spending accounted for in 2014...about 20 million under the cash floor iirc.

mcaj22
01-13-2014, 01:11 AM
I wonder how the "cash cap" relates to how we need to spend in 2014.

Currently, we only have 97 million in cash spent accounted for in 2014 and I'm pretty sure we need to spend 89% of the probable 126 million dollar cap...which puts us roughly 16 million under that number.

Also, Dunta Robinson accounts for 4.3 million worth of that...if we cut him, that means we only have 93.7 million in cash spending accounted for in 2014...about 20 million under the cash floor iirc.

rookie contracts and any slapdick worthy of the franchise tag would cover some of that (i dont think we have anyone worth of the franchise tag)

beach tribe
01-13-2014, 02:09 AM

I would be completely shocked.
Its not gonna happen.

It just doesnt make any sense for us Cap wise.

On a side note. Im almost certain hes gonna have a huge year next season.
The PO game was our most productive all season and Bowe was a big part of that.
A talented productive burner on the other side is badly needed, though.
This draft is loaded with them so WR will not be eating much of our cap space.

What this team truly needs on O is a playmaker at TE.
That and another high caliber WR could make this a Cship caliber O.

We need the best FS that money or the draft can provide.
Our CBs will be fine if they could actually depend on help over the top.
That is priority 1 IMO.

beach tribe
01-13-2014, 02:19 AM

It would most certainly save us money to sign him now if he comes out gunning and wins some PO games for us.
If he hits the open market there are tons of teams that will throw the check book at him.
Youre fooling yourself if you dont think so.

I could see a team paying him Cutler money if that happens.
And if we dont show him some commitment now, I would imagine he would entertain offers.

I haven't been in the re sign Alex thread so I'm sure all of this has been talked about already but showing some love now and offering him a decent deal may be the only way we get to keep him without paying him big bucks.

OldSchool
01-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Only player from the Broncos secondary that I would consider is DRC. Everyone else pretty much blows, lol.

Fat Elvis
01-13-2014, 08:53 AM

You need to pull your head out of your ass. What you see is a bowel movement; don't confuse that for a Bowe movement.

Simplicity
01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Sign DRC...

OldSchool
01-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Sign DRC...

I doubt that the Broncos will let him go. Likely grooming him to replace Champ as their #1.

BlackHelicopters
01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
We need defensive help. We scored 44 points in the playoff game and lost. Help please.

TheUte
01-13-2014, 10:06 AM
The CAP should be handled just like debt if you don't need it don't buy if you have to use credit. AS is under contract let him play it out, only sign players that are needed to make the team better.

Steron
01-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Harris tore his ACL in the SD game. No thanks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000312768/article/denver-broncos-chris-harris-tears-acl

hometeam
01-13-2014, 11:57 AM

Not a ton, and less than what his cap number is, since the team that trades for him has to take his contract too.

That raises another question. Why would anyone trade for Bowe with his current production and cap number?

saphojunkie
01-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Not a ton, and less than what his cap number is, since the team that trades for him has to take his contract too.

That raises another question. Why would anyone trade for Bowe with his current production and cap number?

Bowe has a cap number of $12 million. Base salary of 8.75 million and a prorated bonus of $3 million.

If we trade Bowe, the $16.25 million left of his signing bonus is accelerated to all counting against this year. So his cap hit goes from 12 million to over 16 million.

We literally would ADD $4 million to the cap by trading bowe, even though we got rid of his $8.75 million salary.

Bowe is one of three players with this technicality. The others are Fisher and Poe. You simply cannot trade Dwayne Bowe, no matter what.

The Franchise
01-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Even if you take out the salary cap issue.....trading Bowe would be dumb. Smith has been targeting him more and more as the season progressed. Give Smith and Bowe another offseason to build that rhythm and confidence. Bowe will be just fine next season.

Eleazar
01-13-2014, 12:12 PM
If this person thinks Flowers is the cornerstone of our secondary, they must not have watched the team at all this year

saphojunkie
01-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Did anyone else think that there was actually, possibly, maybe something there with Jenkins?

King_Chief_Fan
01-13-2014, 12:20 PM
You need to pull your head out of your ass. What you see is a bowel movement; don't confuse that for a Bowe movement.

LMAO:LOL:LMAO:LOL:
by far the funniest response I have seen in some time

Easy 6
01-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Did anyone else think that there was actually, possibly, maybe something there with Jenkins?

I certainly want to see him in camp again next year, he was a first rounder for a reason... plenty of raw skill, not the least of which is greasy fast speed.

The Franchise
01-13-2014, 01:05 PM
I certainly want to see him in camp again next year, he was a first rounder for a reason... plenty of raw skill, not the least of which is greasy fast speed.

Well he should get an opportunity to show what he has in camp. As of right now our WRs are Bowe, Avery, Hemmingway and Jenkins.

Easy 6
01-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Well he should get an opportunity to show what he has in camp. As of right now our WRs are Bowe, Avery, Hemmingway and Jenkins.

It'll be interesting to see if either he or Kyle Williams can stick, I certainly hope atleast one of them can, it would only make the draft and free agency that much easier.

Cornstock
01-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Jenkins deserves his chance to prove himself in camp. I, too, saw something there towards the end of the season. But we're kidding ourselves if we think the kid can be Maclin/Tate calibur.

I'd love it if he was just in a bad situation and he goes off next year now that he feels comfortable.

Hoover
01-13-2014, 02:11 PM
I would love to solve our FS issue un free agency and devote our 1st round pick to getting a legit TE or WR to pair with Bowe in the offense.

You know, in past years we would sit here and say that the Broncos don't have any money to spend only to see them be major players in the FA market. Who knows, maybe that can be us this year.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Bowe's gonna have a bounce back season in 2014. 1200 yards and 9tds there abouts.

hopefully so but he still won't be the #1 WR we need

we need somebody that limits the scheme of defenses.

mcaj22
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
we signed McMillion to a future deal, the only safety that's worse than Kendrick Lewis.

TEX
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
I would love to solve our FS issue un free agency and devote our 1st round pick to getting a legit TE or WR to pair with Bowe in the offense.

You know, in past years we would sit here and say that the Broncos don't have any money to spend only to see them be major players in the FA market. Who knows, maybe that can be us this year.

Yep. But they have proven in the past that they will lose a draft pick for how they manage their cap. Fair trade for winning a couple of Super Bowls. But they and their fans say that it didn't help their cap number. Then WHY do it??? (Twice)

AL Davis was right on that issue...

TEX
01-13-2014, 02:22 PM

Yes. I doubt its NFL stardom, but it does look serviceable.

TEX
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
If this person thinks Flowers is the cornerstone of our secondary, they must not have watched the team at all this year

Yeah, I think he's basing it on the Pro Bowl selection.