PDA

View Full Version : News Go ahead...punk. Make Mrs. Tannehill's day.

T-post Tom
01-16-2014, 04:28 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19cnrw2vb2tuejpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

A few days ago, a Reddit user posted the above picture of a rifle, claiming his friend had found it in the back seat of a rental car near the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., airport. Who could possibly have forgotten such a large and terrifying weapon in a rental car? Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill's wife, it turns out.

According to the Sun Sentinel, the AR-15 belongs to Lauren Tannehill, and is valued at $2,000. The gun is legally owned, and the Broward County Sheriff's office says Lauren simply forgot the gun when she swapped her original rental car for a different one. We've all been there.

But the question remains: Why the hell was Lauren Tannehill driving around with such a ridiculous gun? (One Reddit user helpfully identified all of the rifle's high-tech and expensive attachments). We'll probably never know, but at least we are all now aware that trying to carjack Lauren Tannehill would be a very bad idea.

http://deadspin.com/ryan-tannehills-wife-left-this-big-ass-gun-in-a-rental-1502243975

kcxiv
01-16-2014, 04:44 AM
cause she's rich and she can. People really need more of a reason then that to own something?

T-post Tom
01-16-2014, 04:50 AM
cause she's rich and she can. People really need more of a reason then that to own something?

tru dat...merica!

kcxiv
01-16-2014, 04:55 AM
probably a country girl that did alot of hunting with her dad/grandpa. So, when she goes back home, she shows pa her awesome new gun! lol

T-post Tom
01-16-2014, 04:58 AM
probably a country girl that did alot of hunting with her dad/grandpa. So, when she goes back home, she shows pa her awesome new gun! lol

Protection for the annual road game vs. the Jets.

kcxiv
01-16-2014, 05:00 AM

Hunting new yorkers? hmmm.. she may have something there! lol j/k

jerryforeverrice80
01-16-2014, 05:16 AM
I have 2 of these.

Dunerdr
01-16-2014, 05:33 AM
I love her

ptlyon
01-16-2014, 05:54 AM
I love her

This

Jimmya
01-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Bad a**!

ChiliConCarnage
01-16-2014, 06:28 AM
We'll probably never know, but at least we are all now aware that trying to carjack Lauren Tannehill would be a very bad idea.

Apparently not that bad an idea; She forgot she even had the damn thing.

CrazyPhuD
01-16-2014, 06:34 AM
But the question remains: Why the hell was Lauren Tannehill driving around with such a ridiculous gun?

Duh....it was the only thing that would go with her shoes!:D

CrazyPhuD
01-16-2014, 06:40 AM
I do wonder if the deadspin author would have been less judgmental if her AR had looked like this? Would it have just been 'cute' then? :hmmm:

http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot/kitty_AR.jpg

Aspengc8
01-16-2014, 07:49 AM

Except you can't bring it into NYS, since it's illegal there.

COchief
01-16-2014, 07:55 AM
My first thought was "WTF would a 22 year NFL QB get hitched?", then I googled, Jesus...

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 08:06 AM
“Terrifying”, “ridiculous”? WTF wrote this idiotic article, Wickedtard?

BlackHelicopters
01-16-2014, 08:07 AM
My first thought was "WTF would a 22 year NFL QB get hitched?", then I googled, Jesus...

Thank God for gun owners like Mrs. Tannehill.

dannybcaitlyn
01-16-2014, 08:07 AM
She's hot! She received more attention at the draft, then tannehill.

notorious
01-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Nice.

Eotech with flip magnifier.

WTF is up with the "Legally Owned" and "Terrifying" garbage? Umm, the vast majority of guns are legally owned.

T-post Tom
01-16-2014, 09:39 AM
NEVER seen a woman that looks like this at the shooting range. Might have to move to Miami... :)

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/lauren-ufer-ryan-tannehill.jpg

MahiMike
01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
'Murica!

Saccopoo
01-16-2014, 10:06 AM

Yeah, you take your shot when the opportunities present themselves.

Eleazar
01-16-2014, 10:07 AM
It's entirely possible she was just picking it up for her husband or whatever. It's not a crime to have a rifle in a motor vehicle.

gblowfish
01-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Heh...
This thread makes me wonder what some of you guys would do first?
Hump the AR-15 or hump Mrs. Tannehill?

Bob Dole
01-16-2014, 10:24 AM
It's entirely possible she was just picking it up for her husband or whatever. It's not a crime to have a rifle in a motor vehicle.

Yet.

Jimmya
01-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Hump the ar15. ..yes

kepp
01-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Heh...
This tread makes me wonder what some of you guys would do first?

Just make sure its not loaded.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Dumb bitch ! I'd fire her ass on the spot for forgetting a rifle like that and leaving it behind!!! Uncalled for and no excuses !!!!

Oh, wait. I just saw her picture. Nevermind.

Kman34
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Ryan better not cheat on her! She'll go postal on his ass!

Rain Man
01-16-2014, 11:10 AM
NEVER seen a woman that looks like this at the shooting range. Might have to move to Miami... :)

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/lauren-ufer-ryan-tannehill.jpg

She has the cold eyes of a natural killer.

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Heh...

I’d hump her while she field strips and cleans the AR describing in detail what she’s doing and why. Cause that’d be fucking hot.

unlurking
01-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Heh...

3 way!

gblowfish
01-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Mercy....dat ass!
http://philly-strong.com/Barstool/wake-up-with-lauren-tannehill/menu-id-435.html

Rausch
01-16-2014, 12:17 PM
According to the Sun Sentinel, the AR-15 belongs to Lauren Tannehill, and is valued at $2,000. The gun is legally owned, and the Broward County Sheriff's office says Lauren simply forgot the gun when she swapped her original rental car for a different one. We've all been there.

But the question remains: Why the hell was Lauren Tannehill driving around with such a ridiculous gun?

Because she CAN...

Donger
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
There's no need for her to have a military-style weapon.

Rausch
01-16-2014, 12:21 PM

And there's no need to be raped or mugged.

Now, I'm pretty sure, she won't be...

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2014, 12:24 PM
It's like that old joke.

"What are so afraid of Mrs Tannehill?"

"Not a damn thing!"

Rain Man
01-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Maybe she's a Mossad agent. After that Gong Show guy, it's not unreasonable to assume that anyone is a Mossad agent or assassin.

The more I think about it, she could be a great assassin. You bump into the victim, flirt with him, and invite him up to your hotel room. Boom. Next! We're talking a 100 percent success rate.

Donger
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
And there's no need to be raped or mugged.

Now, I'm pretty sure, she won't be...

Well, if Zee Germans ever decide to invade and have their way with her, she's all set.

Cannibal
01-16-2014, 12:32 PM

No wonder she forgot and left an AR-15 in a rental car.

While hot, she does have that completely empty headed look about her.

TLO
01-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Mercy....dat ass!
http://philly-strong.com/Barstool/wake-up-with-lauren-tannehill/menu-id-435.html

Good lord...

listopencil
01-16-2014, 12:53 PM

What makes it a military style weapon? The color?

Rausch
Well, if Zee Germans ever decide to invade and have their way with her, she's all set.

We're already here, and our science is way beyond conventional firearms...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2012/02/iron_sky.jpg

BlackHelicopters
Why does Ryan Tannehill ever leave the house?

Donger
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
What makes it a military style weapon? The color?

Oh, I don't know. For whom was this style of weapon designed and who carries it to this day?

Rausch
01-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Oh, I don't know. For whom was this style of weapon designed and who carries it to this day?

Don't let your AUSSIE sympathies ruin this thread...

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Don't let your AUSSIE sympathies ruin this thread...

Dong is Lib at heart :D

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:00 PM

This weapon? The one in her trunk? It's a hunting rifle. It's carried by civilians who hunt with it.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
This weapon? The one in her trunk? It's a hunting rifle. It's carried by civilians who hunt with it.

People can be hunted.

You asked a question. I answered it. With a question, of course, but I notice you didn't answer.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:03 PM
People can be hunted.

You asked a question. I answered it. With a question, of course, but I notice you didn't answer.

No, I answered your question. The weapon in her trunk was designed for hunting and civilians use it to hunt. It's not a military weapon regardless of any prejudices you may have towards it based on its appearance.

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:03 PM

You'll have to traverse his delicate Brit sensibilities...

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:05 PM
No, I answered your question. The weapon in her trunk was designed for hunting and civilians use it to hunt. It's not a military weapon regardless of any prejudices you may have towards it based on its appearance.

No, you didn't. The AR-15 was designed for and was originally used by our military. The fact that civilians also own them now doesn't change history. Therefore, it was and is a military-style weapon.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
No, you didn't. The AR-15 was designed for and was originally used by our military. The fact that civilians also own them now doesn't change history. Therefore, it was and is a military-style weapon.

You can't tell the difference between a perfectly legal hunting rifle, designed for hunting, and a military weapon?

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Is it the color? Is that it? Does it look scary because it is green?

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:08 PM
No, you didn't. The AR-15 was designed for and was originally used by our military. The fact that civilians also own them now doesn't change history.

So was a musket.

The fact it was or wasn't designed and developed by the US (or any other) military has no impact on it's legality...

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:09 PM
You can't tell the difference between a perfectly legal hunting rifle, designed for hunting, and a military weapon?

I understand that it's legal to own an AR-15, yes.

What exactly are the technical differences? Please list them.

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:09 PM

So was the musket...

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Is it the color? Is that it? Does it look scary because it is green?

No. As I've already said, because it's lineage is military and to the best of my knowledge, the weapon in her trunk is virtually identical to the one used by our military.

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:11 PM

The burden of proof is not on him.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:11 PM
So was the musket...

Indeed.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:12 PM

Well the most obvious difference is rate of fire. I would suggest that you google the rest, or use the search function here at Chiefs Planet as the issue has been discussed in great detail.

Rausch
No. As I've already said, because it's lineage is military and to the best of my knowledge, the weapon in her trunk is virtually identical to the one used by our military.

Your military get's our leftovers and experimentals...

Donger
The burden of proof is not on him.

He brought it up, so I beg to differ.

Saccopoo
01-16-2014, 01:13 PM

Hunt fucking what?

This is a hunting rifle:

http://www.hudsonvalleyfirearmsafety.com/multimedia/boltrifle.jpg

This is a "I'm a gun freak/I'm not wasting the armor piercing ammo on animals/I fucking hope the apocalypse happens soon because I'm getting twitchy" gun:

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/lauren-tannehill-gun.jpeg%3Fw%3D640

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:14 PM
He brought it up, so I beg to differ.

Actually, no, you brought it up. In this post:

What makes the rifle in her trunk a "military-style weapon"?

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Well the most obvious difference is rate of fire. I would suggest that you google the rest, or use the search function here at Chiefs Planet as the issue has been discussed in great detail.

Three round burst versus semi-auto, right? Small detail, IMO.

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Indeed.

And being our best and brightest amendment was to allow us to protect ourselves vs. the gub-ment even if we're light years behind it still means we're in legal rights.

For all you violence hunters it's not the guys with bunkers and stashes of crazy loot in bunkers killing people. It's random goofballs with a gun...

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Why does Ryan Tannehill ever leave the house?

To make the kind of jack it takes to keep a chick like that around.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Actually, no, you brought it up. In this post:

Indeed, I brought up that it is a military-style weapon, and it is. You brpught up the differences between the version in her trunk and what the military carries.

What makes the rifle in her trunk a "military-style weapon"?

I already told you that.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Indeed, I brought up that it is a military-style weapon, and it is. You brpught up the differences between the version in her trunk and what the military carries.

I already told you that.

No, you didn't. What makes it a military-style weapon?

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
No, you didn't. What makes it a military-style weapon?

Yes I did. Please read or re-read #52.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Hunt ****ing what?

This is a hunting rifle:

Are you suggesting that one can only hunt with the rifle that you pictured?

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:20 PM

Let's concede this point and say it is a military weapon.

(STOP.....This argument only goes further because it's LEGAL.)

Isn't this why the 'Mericans HAVE this amendment?

It was never put there to fight anyone other than our own government, should it go astray...

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Let's concede this point and say it is a military weapon.

(STOP.....This argument only goes further because it's LEGAL.)

Isn't this why the 'Mericans HAVE this amendment?

It was never put there to fight anyone other than our own government, should it go astray...

Yes.

listopencil
Yes I did. Please read or re-read #52.

I don't need to. You were incorrect. The rifle pictured in the OP wasn't designed for military use.

Radar Chief
Hunt ****ing what?

Coyotes, deer, bobcat, cougar (not the kind you find in cocktail lounges though) just to name a few.

This is a hunting rifle:

http://www.hudsonvalleyfirearmsafety.com/multimedia/boltrifle.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice one too.

This is a "I'm a gun freak/I'm not wasting the armor piercing ammo on animals/I ****ing hope the apocalypse happens soon because I'm getting twitchy" gun:

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/lauren-tannehill-gun.jpeg%3Fw%3D640

What “armor piercing ammo” is the AR-15 is firing?

BigCatDaddy
You guys are ruining a perfectly good fantasy. Well done.

Rausch
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Yes.

Fair enough.

Then quit arguing and let us do what it is we do...:)

Donger
I don't need to. You were incorrect. The rifle pictured in the OP wasn't designed for military use.

You may note that I used "military-style" weapon very carefully. And yes, it is. I have shown you that by explaining that weapon's history and lineage, not to mention that a very similar weapon is being used by our military today.

Rausch

I'd hit it.

(happy?)

gblowfish

I'm feeling very Brent Musburgery today.... I could go for some pudding wrestling between Mrs. Tannehill and Ms. Webb.
http://tinyurl.com/jw56kdd

Marcellus
01-16-2014, 01:30 PM
We better do away with Duct Tape, epi pens, microwaves, computers, jeeps, GPS, and cargo pants!

All designed by/for the military and transferred to civilian use.

New phrase - I need a roll of military duct tape please. And do you know where I could find a military microwave?

BlackHelicopters
01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm feeling very Brent Musburgery today.... I could go for some pudding wrestling between Mrs. Tannehill and Ms. Webb.

What kind of pudding? Help a man out...

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:32 PM
You may note that I used "military-style" weapon very carefully. And yes, it is. I have shown you that by explaining that weapon's history and lineage, not to mention that a very similar weapon is being used by our military today.

As I said, it is not the same weapon in use by our military. Your categorization of this weapon based on superficial variations in appearance, rather than actual physical capability, has no bearing on its usage. This unfortunate prejudice is fairly common and leads to ineffective firearm legislation.

gblowfish
01-16-2014, 01:33 PM
What kind of pudding? Help a man out...

Tapioca. It sticks better.

Just Passin' By
01-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Every gun is a military style weapon. Knives are also military-style weapons. What's your point here?

Donger
As I said, it is not the same weapon in use by our military. Your categorization of this weapon based on superficial variations in appearance, rather than actual physical capability, has no bearing on its usage. This unfortunate prejudice is fairly common and leads to ineffective firearm legislation.

Actually, no, I'm not. Other than selectable rate of fire, what are the differences between her rifle and what is issued to the military?

Donger
We better do away with Duct Tape, epi pens, microwaves, computers, jeeps, GPS, and cargo pants!

All designed by/for the military and transferred to civilian use.

New phrase - I need a roll of military duct tape please. And do you know where I could find a military microwave?

:spock:

Marcellus
01-16-2014, 01:36 PM

Dude have you ever seen Gorilla tape? That shit could stick 2 pieces of ice together. It has to be military grade.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Actually, no, I'm not. Other than selectable rate of fire, what are the differences between her rifle and what is issued to the military?

Once again I will direct you to a search engine. I would suggest www.google.com (http://www.google.com) as I've heard that it is fairly useful. If you are unsatisfied with that one, I have also heard that www.bing.com (http://www.bing.com) is sometimes helpful. You could also use the search function here at Chiefs Planet as this has been discussed in multiple threads.

ThaVirus
01-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Chick looks like every other blonde bimbo on the planet...

Brunettes do it better.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Once again I will direct you to a search engine. I would suggest www.google.com (http://www.google.com) as I've heard that it is fairly useful. If you are unsatisfied with that one, I have also heard that www.bing.com (http://www.bing.com) is sometimes helpful. You could also use the search function here at Chiefs Planet as this has been discussed in multiple threads.

Or, since you brought it up, please just go ahead and name the differences between her rifle and some GI's. Thanks.

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 01:40 PM

This is what our military is carrying into combat.

http://i42.tinypic.com/vr6bew.jpg

The differences between ^this and what is in Mrs. Tannehill's rifle case should be obvious.

houstonwhodat

Arian Foster approves this message.

listopencil
Or, since you brought it up, please just go ahead and name the differences between her rifle and some GI's. Thanks.

No, actually, you brought it up. So kindly do your own homework. You're welcome.

BigCatDaddy

Do you think she wears this when she carries her gun around the house?

Saccopoo

How about we draft both AJ McCarron and BYU's Kyle Van Noy. Having both Ms. Webb and the future Mrs. Van Noy in the stands would most likely kill Musberger:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1374576.1371469817!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/520639217.jpg
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/marissa-powell-miss-utah-4.jpg

houstonwhodat
01-16-2014, 01:41 PM

The differences between ^this and what is in Mrs. Tannahill's rifle case should be obvious.

AR15 - Semi Automatic
M16 - Automatic

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:41 PM
How about we draft both AJ McCarron and BYU's Kyle Van Noy. Having both Ms. Webb and the future Mrs. Van Noy in the stands would most likely kill Musberger:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1374576.1371469817!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/520639217.jpg
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/marissa-powell-miss-utah-4.jpg

Nice guns.

Sorter
01-16-2014, 01:42 PM

A person would have to know what exactly her rifle is (Brand, caliber, etc.), what modifications have been performed, and then one would need to refer to the model you have selected and establish the differences.

That is of course, if you didn't want to solely compare the base model of her firearm, which is likely more applicable to the majority of civilians.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:43 PM

The differences between ^this and what is in Mrs. Tannehill's rifle case should be obvious.

Her's is really clean?

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 01:45 PM
AR15 - Semi Automatic
M16 - Automatic

Completely different stock, Mrs. Tannehill’s doesn’t have the carrying handle and the G.I.’s doesn’t have the trick optics or mounting for them.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:46 PM
No, actually, you brought it up. So kindly do your own homework. You're welcome.

No, I didn't. All I said was that it was a military-style weapon. It is. You chose to ask me if I knew the differences between it and one issued to our military.

Other than selective rate of fire, I don't believe there are any. Based on your repeated refusals to confirm or deny, I suspect that I am accurate.

Reerun_KC
Her's is really clean?

:hmmm:

:drool: When I was in the military, we didn't shoot the Civilian version of the AR... WE had to shoot the M16....

Radar Chief
Her's is really clean?

You’re the one that wanted to be part of this country, ****ing assimilate already. :p

Aspengc8
01-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Subtle differences like muzzle velocity, barrel & overall length & weight, and effective firing distance are what differentiate. AR-15 and some similar weapons are banned in NY, but there are rifles such as the Ruger mini-14 and SR-556 which are ban compliant...

Donger
Completely different stock and barrel length, Mrs. Tannehill’s doesn’t have the carrying handle and the G.I.’s doesn’t have the trick optics or mounting for them.

Same business end comes out of it, right? And I'm relatively sure that our military carries variations of the design.

Which are all "military-style."

Sorter
You’re the one that wanted to be part of this country, ****ing assimilate already. :p

Donger is still confused why the U.S. doesn't use bullpups.

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
:hmmm:

:drool: When I was in the military, we didn't shoot the Civilian version of the AR... WE had to shoot the M16....

Civilian version of what? A military weapon?

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Subtle differences like muzzle velocity, barrel & overall length & weight, and effective firing distance are what differentiate. AR-15 and some similar weapons are banned in NY, but there are rifles such as the Ruger mini-14 and SR-556 which are ban compliant...

Okay, those are subtle differences. Would you say those subtle variations make her weapon NOT a "military-style" weapon?

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Civilian version of what? A military weapon?

No of the Colt AR-15...

Do you realize that I have a hand gun and a shotgun that are both civilian weapons BUT are both used in the military also?

They are legal to own and use for private civilian use.....

Why aren't you complaining about them?

Same guns, same rate of fire, same ammo capacity.....

Donger
01-16-2014, 01:52 PM
No of the Colt AR-15...

Do you realize that I have a hand gun and a shotgun that are both civilian weapons BUT are both used in the military also?

They are legal to own and use for private civilian use.....

Why aren't you complaining about them?

Same guns, same rate of fire, same ammo capacity.....

For whom was the Colt AR-15 developed?

Saccopoo
01-16-2014, 01:53 PM
OMFG!!!!

Are we really going on page 8 about nano-minutia between a fucking civilian legal assault gun and a military assault gun?!

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 01:53 PM

For whom was the Beretta M9 and the Remington 870 were developed for?

Both are standard military issue....

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Same business end comes out of it, right?

Not necessarily, AR’s can be bought in a variety of calibers up to and including .308.
Military M-16’s are 5.56mm NATO, or .223 cal.
Just looking at it I would assume it's a .223 though.

And I'm relatively sure that our military carries variations of the design.

It’s possible some special forces are carrying a tricked out AR similar to that into “Indian Country” but they actually have access to much more impressive hardware too, so…:shrug:

You asked for the differences, I explained them and even posted pictures. You can thank me later.

Just Passin' By
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Same business end comes out of it, right? And I'm relatively sure that our military carries variations of the design.

All guns are military style. All knives are military style. All workboots are military style. Pants and shirts are military style, as are glasses, gloves, hats, buildings, lawns and flagpoles.

What is your point here?

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_weapons_of_the_U.S._Armed_Forces

This list ought to cause a panic...

Aspengc8
01-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Okay, those are subtle differences. Would you say those subtle variations make her weapon NOT a "military-style" weapon?

No. What makes her weapon not a military weapon is that it is not a selective fire weapon, like the M16. You can modify the AR15 to become an assault rifle, and then you go to jail. Compared to the M16.. very similar effective range, muzzle velocity.. uses the same cartridges .223/5.56. Both good weapons, just one can be fired automatically, and one cannot. :D

listopencil
01-16-2014, 01:57 PM
No, I didn't. All I said was that it was a military-style weapon. It is. You chose to ask me if I knew the differences between it and one issued to our military.

Other than selective rate of fire, I don't believe there are any. Based on your repeated refusals to confirm or deny, I suspect that I am accurate.

Once again, the weapon pictured in the OP is a civilian weapon. I have already given you a fairly easy to understand difference; rate of fire. From your responses I doubt that you are familiar with firearms, and I don't wish to take the time (or the effort) to educate you. If your intent is to educate yourself then, once again, there are multiple sources to aid you. I would suggest that you take advantage of those sources.

Aspengc8
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Once again, the weapon pictured in the OP is a civilian weapon. I have already given you a fairly easy to understand difference; rate of fire. From your responses I doubt that you are familiar with firearms, and I don't wish to take the time (or the effort) to educate you. If your intent is to educate yourself then, once again, there are multiple sources to aid you. I would suggest that you take advantage of those sources.

Truth.. this man speaks it.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:01 PM
For whom was the Beretta M9 and the Remington 870 were developed for?

Both are standard military issue....

It's okay; you can say it: it was specifically designed for the US armed forces.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Anyone who can afford to purchase one...

You can legally own a Colt AR, you can not legally own a Military style M16. Its illegal.

Two Major differences. 1) rate of fire 2) you can legally own one and not the other.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:02 PM
It's okay; you can say it: it was specifically designed for the US armed forces.

Agree, they both were designed for the armed forces. Yet I have both in my house legally...

Strange how that works. Ones a pistol for military use that I bought from Bass Pro and the other shotgun was for military use that I purchased at Gander mountain. Craziest thing about it all, I HUNT DUCKS WITH THE MILITARY STYLE SHOTGUN.... OMG!!!!

Both military style weapons as strange as it maybe...

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Not necessarily, AR’s can be bought in a variety of calibers up to and including .308.
Military M-16’s are 5.56mm NATO, or .223 cal.
Just looking at it I would assume it's a .223 though.

Yep.

It’s possible some special forces are carrying a tricked out AR similar to that into “Indian Country” but they actually have access to much more impressive hardware too, so…:shrug:

Even during Vietnam. Colt Commando, for example.

You asked for the differences, I explained them and even posted pictures. You can thank me later.

I'll thank you now. Thank you.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:05 PM
All guns are military style. All knives are military style. All workboots are military style. Pants and shirts are military style, as are glasses, gloves, hats, buildings, lawns and flagpoles.

What is your point here?

No they aren't.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:06 PM
No. What makes her weapon not a military weapon is that it is not a selective fire weapon, like the M16. You can modify the AR15 to become an assault rifle, and then you go to jail. Compared to the M16.. very similar effective range, muzzle velocity.. uses the same cartridges .223/5.56. Both good weapons, just one can be fired automatically, and one cannot. :D

Some people have very quick fingers. See this thread for examples.

bowener
01-16-2014, 02:06 PM

In most of her other photos she looks like she suffers from the Tyra Banks 5headhead syndrome.

She is still pretty, but 5head for sure.
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lauren-tannehill-football-2.jpeg

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Anyone who can afford to purchase one...

You can legally own a Colt AR, you can not legally own a Military style M16. Its illegal.

Two Major differences. 1) rate of fire 2) you can legally own one and not the other.

Yes, I know.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Yes, I know.

So what is the difference between the Beretta M9 and the Colt AR-15?

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:09 PM
I don't see that the Remington 870 was designed specifically for the military.

BlackHelicopters
01-16-2014, 02:09 PM
In most of her other photos she looks like she suffers from the Tyra Banks 5headhead syndrome.

She is still pretty, but 5head for sure.
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lauren-tannehill-football-2.jpeg

Thanks for getting this thread back on track.

houstonwhodat
01-16-2014, 02:10 PM

This.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:10 PM

You mean besides that fact that one is a side arm and one is a rifle? Besides accuracy, range and so on?

Not much. They both go bang.

You tell me; why don't our troops just carry the side arm?

Aspengc8
01-16-2014, 02:12 PM

length, weight, magazine & cartridge size, muzzle velocity, firing range... just a few of the obvious. Unless I missed the sarcasm in your question.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I don't see that the Remington 870 was designed specifically for the military.

Sorry buddy design doesn't matter if the military uses it its a "Military style weapon"

We cant split hairs here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_weapons_of_the_U.S._Armed_Forces

Shows the 870 here

The Remington Model 870 is a pump-action shotgun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump-action_shotgun) manufactured by Remington Arms Company, LLC. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Arms) It is widely used by the public for sport shooting, hunting, and self-defense. It is also commonly used by law enforcement and military organizations worldwide.

So by your standards.......... its a world wide issue with the 870 being used by civilians....

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:14 PM
length, weight, magazine & cartridge size, muzzle velocity, firing range... just a few of the obvious. Unless I missed the sarcasm in your question.

My point was both are used in the civilian and military arenas....

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Sorry buddy design doesn't matter if the military uses it its a "Military style weapon"

We cant split hairs here...

Shows the 870 here

The Remington Model 870 is a pump-action shotgun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump-action_shotgun) manufactured by Remington Arms Company, LLC. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Arms) It is widely used by the public for sport shooting, hunting, and self-defense. It is also commonly used by law enforcement and military organizations worldwide.

So by your standards.......... its a world wide issue with the 870 being used by civilians....

You wrote: "For whom was the Beretta M9 and the Remington 870 were developed for?"

While the Beretta M9 was, it isn't clear that the 870 was. Were you not implying that they both were?

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:15 PM
You mean besides that fact that one is a side arm and one is a rifle? Besides accuracy, range and so on?

Not much. They both go bang.

You tell me; why don't our troops just carry the side arm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M9_pistol

The Beretta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta) M9, officially the Pistol, Semiautomatic, 9mm, M9, is a 9×19mm Parabellum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9719mm_Parabellum) pistol adopted by the United States Armed Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces) in 1985. It is essentially a military specification Beretta 92F (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92), later known as the 92FS.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M9_pistol

The Beretta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta) M9, officially the Pistol, Semiautomatic, 9mm, M9, is a 9×19mm Parabellum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9719mm_Parabellum) pistol adopted by the United States Armed Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces) in 1985. It is essentially a military specification Beretta 92F (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92), later known as the 92FS.

Yes, I know all that. Now, why don't our troops just carry the Beretta? WHy do they also carry the rifle?

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Yes, I know all that. Now, why don't our troops just carry the Beretta? WHy do they also carry the rifle?

Same reason I carry the 870 to hunt. I cant shoot ducks with my M9...

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 02:19 PM
You wrote: "For whom was the Beretta M9 and the Remington 870 were developed for?"

While the Beretta M9 was, it isn't clear that the 870 was. Were you not implying that they both were?

I think his point is that because both are military adaptations of civilian weapons designed for civilian use, by your definition this would make them “civilian style weapons”.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:21 PM

Point is, if we want to split hairs on what he weapon was designed for, then we have to take into count all the other weapons the military use.

Because my hunting shotgun is a military style killing machine according to your argument.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:25 PM
I hope that you chaps have less sensitive trigger fingers than you do "Post Reply" fingers...

LMAO

GloryDayz

I'd lick her clean.

Just Passin' By
No they aren't.

Yes, they are.

GloryDayz
01-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Pfffffffffft....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ATggl8n3nFQ/UASHMZieb_I/AAAAAAAAAAc/WzxsJ_AMJCY/s1600/M24%2BSniper%2BWeapon%2BSystem%2Bby%2Bcool%2Bimages786%2B(7).jpg

kepp
01-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Some people have very quick fingers. See this thread for examples.

Finger speed will only make a rifle fire so fast. There is an inherent maximum fire rate in every semi-auto weapon due design. For instance, some SMGs (like the P90) have very fast fire rate because of their design and the type of ammo used. They have stiffer recoil springs for faster cycling, shorter actions, and use +p ammo that creates stronger blow back. My guess would be that a military issued M16 would have some of these internal differences from a standard AR15.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2014, 02:28 PM
I hope that you chaps have less sensitive trigger fingers than you do "Post Reply" fingers...

LMAO

Oh hell NO... Not when the ducks are coming in... I mow them down with my "Military Style" shotgun like a boss....

BlackHelicopters
01-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Non,nom,nom

nstygma
01-16-2014, 02:33 PM

false. the M-16 was designed for and used by the military, not the AR-15.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:34 PM
false. the M-16 was designed for and used by the military, not the AR-15.

Wrong.

nstygma
01-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Three round burst versus semi-auto, right? Small detail, IMO.false. there is no 3-round burst on the AR-15.

kepp
01-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Wrong.

How is he wrong?

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:37 PM
How is he wrong?

ArmaLite produced the AR-15 for the Army. Colt then took it over and with a few changes, it became the M-16.

kepp
01-16-2014, 02:40 PM
ArmaLite produced the AR-15 for the Army. Colt then took it over and with a few changes, it became the M-16.

They designed it. The army didn't adopt it until the Colt M16 redesign.

nstygma
01-16-2014, 02:40 PM
ArmaLite produced the AR-15 for the Army. Colt then took it over and with a few changes, it became the M-16.so you're saying the ar-15 was designed for but never used by the military?

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:42 PM
so you're saying the ar-15 was designed for but never used by the military?

Correct. My language was sloppy in the post where I stated that the AR-15 was used by the military. Apologies. But, the AR-15 was most definitely designed for military usage.

nstygma
01-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Correct. My language was sloppy in the post where I stated that the AR-15 was used by the military. Apologies. But, the AR-15 was most definitely designed for military usage.This link would imply that the military did not accept the rifle until after Colt took it and made the M-16 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite
Apparently the original ar-15 was hated by the Military and Armalite failed as a company before licensing it to Colt.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:48 PM
This link would imply that the military did not accept the rifle until after Colt took it and made the M-16 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite
Apparently the original ar-15 was hated by the Military and Armalite failed as a company before licensing it to Colt.

Yes, and that changes nothing with regard to the AR-15 being designed specifically for the military. It was, and that is why I told you you were wrong.

Marcellus
01-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Look at all these military style .22 caliber rifles.

Buddy of mine bought his 10 year old son an AR15 .22 caliber for Christmas.

http://www.impactguns.com/22-caliber-ar15-rifle.aspx

Military "style" does not mean military grade.

kepp
01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Yes, and that changes nothing with regard to the AR-15 being designed specifically for the military. It was, and that is why I told you you were wrong.

Actually, the AR-15 trademark was purchased by Colt, which then redesigned the original rifle into the M16. Colt then reused the AR-15 name for the rifle they designed for civilian use.

notorious
01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
AIDS

This thread has it.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Actually, the AR-15 trademark was purchased by Colt, which then redesigned the original rifle into the M16. Colt then reused the AR-15 name for the rifle they designed for civilian use.

You are disputing that ArmaLite designed the AR-15 specifically for our military?

kepp
01-16-2014, 02:56 PM

You are disputing that ArmaLite designed the AR-15 specifically for our military?

They designed AN AR-15 for military use. It is not the AR-15 that is available to civilians today. The AR-15 that is available today was designed for civilians by Colt.

Donger
01-16-2014, 02:57 PM
They designed AN AR-15 for military use. It is not the AR-15 that is available to civilians today.

Yes, I know. Please note that I was referring to the weapons lineage and/or history.

kepp
01-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Yes, I know. Please note that I was referring to the weapons lineage and/or history.

So you weren't referring to the gun that Mrs. Tannehill had in her car? The subject of the OP?

Donger
01-16-2014, 03:00 PM
So you weren't referring to the gun that Mrs. Tannehill had in her car? The subject of the OP?

Yes, I was referring to that weapon. It's lineage goes directy back to the AR-15 which was designed by ArmaLite specifically for the military.

houstonwhodat
01-16-2014, 03:00 PM
They designed AN AR-15 for military use. It is not the AR-15 that is available to civilians today. The AR-15 that is available today was designed for civilians by Colt.

Colt doesn't produce these anymore.

Bushmaster.

notorious
01-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Grown men can argue over the stupidest stuff.

Just Passin' By
01-16-2014, 03:06 PM

Careful, now. That might be a military-style argument.

nstygma
01-16-2014, 03:07 PM
who you callin grown!!:cuss:

Yes, I was referring to that weapon. It's lineage goes directy back to the AR-15 which was designed by ArmaLite specifically for the military.

Armalite designed the ar-15 in hopes that the military would like it; instead, they "detested" it. It was not designed and made "for" the military. they did not commission it.

Donger
01-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Armalite designed the ar-15 in hopes that the military would like it; instead, they "detested" it. It was not designed and made "for" the military. they did not commission it.

I understand that the military didn't like it. That doesn't change the fact that ArmaLite designed it specifically for the military, which I what I stated at the beginning of this thread.

Bweb
01-16-2014, 03:11 PM
This thread needs a dose of....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3829042/lighten-up-francis-o.gif

CrazyPhuD
01-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Heh lets play some old school analogy word games

AR-15 is to M-16 as

Fiero Mera is to _______

Ferrari 308

They may look similar but that's about all they really have in common....

http://www.rodneydickman.com/Mera/mera2.jpg
http://www.theonecar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ferrari-308-gtb-20.jpg

Setsuna
01-16-2014, 03:26 PM
This is a very informative thread. Just stick to bladed weapons and Donger won't have a problem.

Donger
01-16-2014, 03:29 PM
This is a very informative thread. Just stick to bladed weapons and Donger won't have a problem.

LMAO

Rain Man
01-16-2014, 03:55 PM

I'm worried that someone is going to throw some popcorn soon.

Radar Chief
01-16-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm worried that someone is going to throw some popcorn soon.

Just try it, buddy.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e16g5l.gif

Fish
01-16-2014, 04:04 PM

Amateur...

CrazyPhuD
01-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Your dog says that didn't stop you from trying!:D

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1271203/duck-hunt-dog-o.gif

stevieray
01-16-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm worried that someone is going to throw some popcorn soon. at least the previews are entertaining.

Rain Man
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Just try it, buddy.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e16g5l.gif

I was looking for a popcorn throwing gif and found this. Its inadvertent current events humor made me laugh.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv1bWJzPBGvPw5LqjoProol3c5INVTershUxlBFIRNG7ocNYaTrg

Just Passin' By
01-16-2014, 05:00 PM
I was looking for a popcorn throwing gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4857180/throwing-popcorn-d-o.gif

Superbowltrashcan
01-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Can't imagine what all this would look like if she had rented a Jeep Wrangler...

GloryDayz
01-16-2014, 08:11 PM
If we don't get a pic of her nekkid, holding this weapon, life sucks balls!