PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 29

Rain Man
01-18-2014, 12:34 AM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gd4VAjNkY6E?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I2iUQqp-zU8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a7F3r7dWpV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
01-18-2014, 12:37 AM
1st

I've never seen The Cowboys but I watched that clip and it cut off right before I assume a bunch of cool stuff was about to happen.

TimBone
01-18-2014, 12:45 AM
I expected I was going to vote Napoleon Dynamite, but after watching the other two, I don't think I'm going to anymore. I really liked the Cowboys scene, and I expect with a little more context it would.be even better. It's piqued my interest enough for me to look into the movie, so I'll vote for it.

cosmo20002
01-18-2014, 12:50 AM
I expected I was going to vote Napoleon Dynamite, but after watching the other two, I don't think I'm going to anymore. I really liked the Cowboys scene, and I expect with a little more context it would.be even better. It's piqued my interest enough for me to look into the movie, so I'll vote for it.

I can't find a longer clip and it's not on Netflix, so I guess we're screwed.

Thanks for leaving us hangin', Rain Man

Rain Man
01-18-2014, 12:50 AM
My votes:

#1 - Napoleon Dynamite. I love the "three feet of air" line.

#2 - The Cowboys hanging. That's a very good scene.

#3 - The Alamo. I didn't really get into this scene for some reason

Rasputin
01-18-2014, 12:53 AM
1st

I've never seen The Cowboys but I watched that clip and it cut off right before I assume a bunch of cool stuff was about to happen.

I got the same feeling about the clip. I'm going to go against one of my favorite movies Alamo and vote for The Cowboys scene.

I like the movie Napoleon Dynamite but that scene was pretty meh.

Kman34
01-18-2014, 09:13 AM
It was close between the Cowboys and Napoleon Dynamite. I love both those movies and have seen them many times each. I chose the Cowboys .

One of the 2 or 3 movies that John Wayne dies in.

TimBone
01-18-2014, 09:17 AM
It was close between the Cowboys and Napoleon Dynamite. I love both those movies and have seen them many times each. I chose the Cowboys .

One of the 2 or 3 movies that John Wayne dies in.

Well god damn spoiler.

Easy 6
01-18-2014, 10:18 AM
John Wayne always bored the crap out of me, The Alamo was good but not great... but Napoleon is awesome in every respect..

whoman69
01-18-2014, 11:29 AM
I am not voting for any movie I've never heard of. To me for a movie to move on it has to be iconic or have a cult following.

TimBone
01-18-2014, 11:46 AM
I am not voting for any movie I've never heard of. To me for a movie to move on it has to be iconic or have a cult following.

If it was a best movie tournament then I would agree with this, but since it's a movie scene tournament I have to disagree. Plenty of non - iconic movies out there that still have great scenes in them.

With this heat, the only movie I've seen is Napoleon Dynamite, which I absolutely love. I even love this particular scene. I agree with Rain Man, the "three feet of air" line has always been a favorite of mine. But, without even having seen The Cowboys movie, I still enjoyed that scene. It was well done, and had some good emotion to it. So, it gets my vote.

Rain Man
01-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Well god damn spoiler.

What's really amazing is how it happens. I never saw it coming, but that Indian was really good with the tomahawk.

TimBone
01-18-2014, 10:01 PM
What's really amazing is how it happens. I never saw it coming, but that Indian was really good with the tomahawk.

Well poo on your whole contest.

Rain Man
01-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Napoleon moves on. Sweet!

Easy 6
01-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Napoleon moves on. Sweet JUMPS!

FYP