PDA

View Full Version : Poop Are you/Have you been watching football since...well, y'know?

MMXcalibur
01-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Big, fat pole to follow.

Have you been watching football? Are you planning on doing so or is 2013 pretty much done?

For me, I haven't watched a down. Seriously doubt I'll watch the Super Bowl if Denver is in it. I'll probably fold and end up watching it anyways, but my football season ended when Bowe's foot went out of bounds. My spirit was just broken after 38-10....

Rain Man
01-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Ever since the NFL gave the Super Bowl trip to the attractive Hollywood woman who is a Patriots fan, I've been boycotting football.

Shaid
01-18-2014, 11:52 PM
couldn't watch it after we lost. The following weekend one or two games were background noise while I did other things. Trying to will myself to get over it. I do want to see Denver lose though so I will have to watch this weekend.

KcMizzou
01-19-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm rooting for the Seahawks now. All the other teams that are left have won plenty. And Kaepernick is a douche.

TribalElder
01-19-2014, 12:03 AM
I've been watching football but not every snap

When I saw boldin head butt a defender in front of a ref with no flag after Carolina was flagged for the same shit I turned that game off

I watched some of the Denver San Diego game at the end when the bolts tried to rally. The first part wasn't much of a game so I worked on stuff around the house

Phobia
01-19-2014, 12:04 AM
I watched games last Sunday but I think I'll be outside tomorrow. Don't know about SB yet. Depends who is in it.

tooge
01-19-2014, 12:06 AM
My son is playin basketball on the weekends, so I've caught a few snaps here and there. That's it. I'm pretty much out for the season. Plus, I'm restoring an old vehicle and spending lots of time in that.

cdcox
01-19-2014, 12:10 AM
I watched the 3 games from WC weekend after ours in a stunned trance. They were on, but I was only casually interested.

Last weekend I engaged a little more, but still below my normal level of playoff interest. I was a little encouraged to see defense and/or rushing mattered in most of the games. Maybe there is hope for my sport.

I'm a little intrigued by the SB matchup. Regardless of the outcome of the games this weekend, we will have a match up of a superior overall team with a promising but young QB against a weaker team with a grizzled-veteran, future-HOFer QB.

morphius
01-19-2014, 12:15 AM
I haven't watched anything, but if Denver doesn't make it I might watch the SB. If Denver makes it, possibility drops to greatly.

RealSNR
01-19-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm rooting for the Seahawks now. All the other teams that are left have won plenty. And Kaepernick is a douche.

Yeah. I think the Super Bowl is way more fun when you get a champion who's never won it before. Except when the Donks did it in 1997. That was junk.

Just since the year 2000, the Rams, Ravens (2001), Patriots (2002), Bucs (mostly because they shit on the Raiders) and Saints SB wins stick out the most to me.

Bowser
01-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I've watched, but it's been pretty detached as far as getting into the games. Kind of like an "Ah, that's cool" type of reaction to the games when I turn them on for a few to catch the scores, then it's back to whatever is good on HBO.

TimBone
01-19-2014, 12:56 AM
I watched the 3 games from WC weekend after ours in a stunned trance.

Exactly this. After our loss, I watched literally the entire NO - PHI game and couldn't tell you one thing that happened. I may as well have been staring at a wall.

hometeam
01-19-2014, 12:59 AM
I shut off the tv and havent even barely looked at sports except for CP and the CBS morning radio show.

Going to watch tommorrow and host my usual SB party.

Discuss Thrower
01-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Working out a while ago was the third time I've had on ESPN so far this year... Two of the other times were to watch bowl games.

Beyond that the only sports I've seen on TV have been hockey and bits of NBA games at BWWs.

Dayze
01-19-2014, 02:48 AM
nah....fuck it. don't currrr.

BlackHelicopters
01-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Reluctantly still watching.

whoman69
01-19-2014, 08:49 AM
If I quit watching as soon as the Chiefs are out I would have never seen a Super Bowl

Jimmya
01-19-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm watching but also working on the yard. Not really watching the entire game.

Buehler445
01-19-2014, 09:06 AM
I haven't watched much. I watched most of the seachickens saints some of the donk dolt game but not terribly interested. I was/am pretty jaded.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Watched about 10 minutes of the SD-Bengals game, and about 15 of the Niners-Packers game. Not a down last weekend, and won't watch a down today. Going to get in a round of golf.

Probably won't watch the Super Bowl either. Would be the first one I've missed since the early eighties.

Our loss in Indy plays a role, but it's kind of a perfect storm of circumstances as well. I have no interest in any of the remaining teams - as a matter of fact, they are probably my four most "hated" teams in the league. But I also found out on our first day back to school after winter break that I'd be teaching a new class this semester, so I'm scrambling to keep ahead of the kids, working my ass off.

It's actually kinda nice to not have football dominate a Sunday.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2014, 09:57 AM
I can't wait for the Pro Bowl to see my Chiefs play again!
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
01-19-2014, 10:02 AM
I can't wait for the Pro Bowl to see my Chiefs play again!
Posted via Mobile Device

I have no doubt that the defense played will look just like a Chiefs game.

jjchieffan
01-19-2014, 10:09 AM
I haven't watched a single play since and refuse to as long as Dungver is in it. I'm hoping they lose today so that I can enjoy the Superbowl.

greatgooglymoogly
01-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Professional? No, but I've been catching up on the college football season, watching some games I didn't see live. I'll watch the Super Bowl passively.

bdj23
01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Yes.

I'm like a battered wife who can't leave her husband. I know what's going to happen, but I just keep coming back for more.

bdj23
01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Yes.

I'm like a battered wife who can't leave her husband. I know what's going to happen, but I just keep coming back for more.

keg in kc
01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm watching, but I can't stand any of the teams left. Both the NFC teams are full of chest-thumping thugs with asshole head coaches, the Patriots have won enough and the Broncos, well...

Rasputin
01-19-2014, 11:03 AM
I haven't watched anything, but if Denver doesn't make it I might watch the SB. If Denver makes it, possibility drops to greatly.

If Denver wins the damn Super Bowl I may take a year off of watching any NFL games and I will have to re-evaluate my entire life and may end up becoming a monk.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I've only watched clips after the game on NFL Network since we lost. I'll probably watch the games today, at least the nfc game.

I hope that the Broncos make it to the SB, and lose it all. This way manning will have lost more SB's than he's won. Then he will get depressed and shoot his g.f. drive to the Broncos arena, thank John Elway for giving him a 2nd chance, then he shoots himself.

I don't feel this is an unrealistic expectation.

ThaVirus
01-19-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm still watching. Love me some football and can't wait for the games today!

Definitely feel like we could be playing today though :(

ILChief
01-19-2014, 11:10 AM
I've watched some. Can't get into it. I hate both AFC teams and am fairly apathetic toward both NFC teams.

Donger
01-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Of course. The Chiefs loss has no bearing on the matter to me.

Dayze
01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
couldn't watch it after we lost. The following weekend one or two games were background noise while I did other things. Trying to will myself to get over it. I do want to see Denver lose though so I will have to watch this weekend.

this.

In fact, I'm not even sure who is playing today.

tecumseh
01-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah. I'm still watching. After the Chiefs/Colts debacle, a barely watched nfc wc. But I'm back now. I watched the Shrine East/West game on and off yesterday. Always fun to watch hated rivals fail...someone's going to lose and I'm going to laugh, win win.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes. The real NFL is much more interesting than our minor league team.

In58men
01-19-2014, 11:52 AM
I'll never shy away from a football game.

RedandGold
01-19-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm watching the AFC Championship, with the hope of watching Peyton choke away another one. I don't think it'll happen, but a guy can dream, can't he?

I have no desire whatsoever to watch the NFC game this evening.

Easy 6
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Hell no I havent stopped watching, I love football like a caveman loves fire and brontosaurus ribs... and I pray that if dinver makes the Super Bowl, the Seahawks are there to meet them and put an end to Manning once and for all.

Like, **** him up but good... nothing permanent mind you, just enough to ensure that golden child c***sucker hangs them up.

Mean, nasty football that sours him on the game for good.

Ragged Robin
01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
I couldn't watch the divisional round after what happened but I'm over it now.