PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs FA View of the Chiefs

tmax63
01-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Question here from the cheap seats. For a long time KC couldn't get top shelf FA's to even come talk to them because of the front office being cheap and coaching and so on. Does the Chiefs now have a group that a top FA would consider? I know money talks and BS walks but having a reasonable expectation of winning/shot at playoffs should make the Chiefs look better to a prospective FA?

Jimmya
01-20-2014, 09:07 AM
I would hope that with fat Andy in charge KC Would be a good destination.

Dayze
01-20-2014, 09:20 AM
I think for most FA's, it really is about getting paid. I'm sure there are a few who want to go to a team that has a winning culture and shot to win. For the latter, I don't think the Chiefs have displayed a consisting winning environment to attract the top-tier FAs. Though, the top tier FAs typically cost so much money, it might hamstring a team that's trying to build.

loochy
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Peyton Manning.

Chief Roundup
01-20-2014, 09:36 AM
I would bet that about 90 to 95% of the players are all about SHOW ME THE MONEY. But I also bet that 60% of those same players would pick marquee franchises for slightly less money because of two reasons. Most of the marquee franchises are consistently in the playoffs so there is always a chance for post season success. The second has to be the marketability of a player in that area to make more money from advertisement contracts.

tmax63
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
I guess it's the player's call. Just seems to me that if I were a free agent and got an 8mil offer from a San Fran/GB/Pats/Seattle type team and 10mil from a Browns/Raiders type I'm not sure which I'd pick. And where KC falls in that continuum since the changes.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Money talks.

However, if money is the same, it probably comes down to situation.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Dont forget Andy Reid was a huge part of the dream team in Philadelphia a couple seasons ago. Didn't work out for him but he does know how to get the top FAs.

BossChief
01-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Every player wants something different. There really isn't a set of rules for it.

cosmo20002
01-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I would think--assuming most other things like $ are somewhat equal--Andy Reid, 11-5 record+playoffs, and a QB not named Cassel have got to at least make KC seem a whole lot more attractive than the past few years.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Red Koolaid is much more appealing than dark green(Reid-Dorsey)

Rausch
01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
I would think--assuming most other things like $ are somewhat equal--Andy Reid, 11-5 record+playoffs, and a QB not named Cassel have got to at least make KC seem a whole lot more attractive than the past few years.

Add to that Payed-a-Ton isn't long for this league and Rivers is no spring chicken either.

The Raiders are the Raiders...

htismaqe
01-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Add to that Payed-a-Ton isn't long for this league and Rivers is no spring chicken either.

The Raiders are the Raiders...

If they win the Super Bowl, Manning will likely retire.

Rain Man
01-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I guess it's the player's call. Just seems to me that if I were a free agent and got an 8mil offer from a San Fran/GB/Pats/Seattle type team and 10mil from a Browns/Raiders type I'm not sure which I'd pick. And where KC falls in that continuum since the changes.

Keep in mind that a nice apartment in San Francisco is going to set you back $5,000 a month. In Cleveland you can get the same unit for $500. These guys aren't made of money.

Wait. Yes, they are. Never mind.

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 01:02 PM
With Pioli this was the equivelant of being shipped off to Siberia, but with this current group it should be considered Club Med.

Hoover
01-20-2014, 01:23 PM
I think it depends on the position.

I don't think we are an attractive destination for a top FA WR as we are not going to pay #1 WR money and we have Bowe. I do think we are an attractive destination for defensive player. We have a lot of home grown talent but need a few remaining pieces. I also think that we could get an ILB or FS on a deal if we wanted to.