PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs to show interest in Jeremy Maclin

oaklandhater
01-20-2014, 09:31 AM
http://sportsglory.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs-show-interest-jeremy-maclin/12665

Kansas City Chiefs to show interest in Jeremy Maclin?
Posted by: Evan Massey January 18, 2014 in AFC West, Chiefs, Eagles, NFC East, NFL, NFL Blog, NFL Rumors

JeremyMaclinChiefsRumorSG
According to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star, the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show interest in free agent wide receiver Jeremy Maclin this coming offseason. The Chiefs are looking for upgrades to their aerial attack for quarterback Alex Smith, and Maclin very well could be a cheaper option because of the ACL injury that he is coming off. This would be a very intriguing move that very well could be a huge boost to an already solid offense.
Maclin has struggled with injury issues throughout his career, and missed the entire 2013 season due to a torn ACL. He has admitted that he may have to take a discounted contract or a one-year deal to prove himself following that big of an injury.
In 2012 with the Philadelphia Eagles, Maclin played in 15 games. He was able to catch 69 passes for a total of 857 yards and seven touchdowns, which shows just how good he can be when healthy. There’s no doubt that he would add yet another playmaker to an offense that already has the potential to break off a big play at any time. Alex Smith has proven to be the quarterback of the future for the Chiefs, and they want to bring in as good of a supporting cast as they can.
At his current rate of progress, Maclin is expected to be cleared for the beginning of training camp, which is certainly good news for any interested team. Maclin was originally drafted by Andy Reid in Philadelphia, and could be an exact fit with what Reid is trying to do in Kansas City. This is certainly a potential destination to keep an eye on for Maclin.

oaklandhater
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Do not Want.....

Eleazar
01-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Maclin has struggled with injury issues throughout his career, and missed the entire 2013 season due to a torn ACL.

He's played 13 or more games every season except for the ACL injury. :rolleyes:

Jimmya
01-20-2014, 09:40 AM
How big or fast is he?

Dartgod
01-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Bah. As soon as Bowe loses 4 pounds, we'll have our own Maclin.

loochy
How big or fast is he?

7'3" 325 lbs.

runs a 3.5 40

Mecca
Do not Want.....

Considering how awful we are at WR..it's still an improvement.

ChiefRocka
01-20-2014, 09:43 AM
In a heartbeat.

WhawhaWhat
01-20-2014, 09:43 AM
He's played 13 or more games every season except for the ACL injury. :rolleyes:

May be able to get him on a cheap 1-year deal so he can prove he's healthy if no one offers a long term deal. The big issue is that this is the second time that ACL has been torn which leaves a lot of uncertainty.

BossChief
01-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't want him on a 1 year deal...but I'd love to have him on the roster. A 2 year deal would be minimum and a 3 year deal would be what I'd shoot for.

The guy is coming off acl and the first half of the year would be a transition, so if we sign him to a 1 year deal, he would probably look for a big payday after just one year if he comes back full strength.

If we can give him a 3 year deal with a decent second year roster bonus, that's probably for the best. That way, if he stays on the field and s a good enough fit, both sides get what they want.

DaKCMan AP
01-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Meh.

Big Poppa Payne
01-20-2014, 10:09 AM
7'3" 325 lbs.

runs a 3.5 40

That sounds like a created player in Madden. Sign him.

kepp
01-20-2014, 10:10 AM
I'd like to see what he can do with the Chiefs. But even at Mizzou he was a bit fragile, so I don't know how much we'd be able to count on him.

Simplicity
01-20-2014, 10:10 AM
I almost guarantee he's in a Chiefs uniform next year. He's an Andy Reid guy and he's gonna want to surround Alex with a guy he knows can produce.

Plus we'll get him cheap because he respects where he stands ATM.

TEX
01-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't want him on a 1 year deal...but I'd love to have him on the roster. A 2 year deal would be minimum and a 3 year deal would be what I'd shoot for.

The guy is coming off acl and the first half of the year would be a transition, so if we sign him to a 1 year deal, he would probably look for a big payday after just one year if he comes back full strength.

If we can give him a 3 year deal with a decent second year roster bonus, that's probably for the best. That way, if he stays on the field and s a good enough fit, both sides get what they want.

Very good thinking!

BigRedChief
01-20-2014, 10:14 AM
http://sportsglory.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs-show-interest-jeremy-maclin/12665

Kansas City Chiefs to show interest in Jeremy Maclin?
Posted by: Evan Massey January 18, 2014 in AFC West, Chiefs, Eagles, NFC East, NFL, NFL Blog, NFL Rumors

JeremyMaclinChiefsRumorSG
According to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star, the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to show interest in free agent wide receiver Jeremy Maclin this coming offseason. The Chiefs are looking for upgrades to their aerial attack for quarterback Alex Smith, and Maclin very well could be a cheaper option because of the ACL injury that he is coming off. This would be a very intriguing move that very well could be a huge boost to an already solid offense.
Maclin has struggled with injury issues throughout his career, and missed the entire 2013 season due to a torn ACL. He has admitted that he may have to take a discounted contract or a one-year deal to prove himself following that big of an injury.
In 2012 with the Philadelphia Eagles, Maclin played in 15 games. He was able to catch 69 passes for a total of 857 yards and seven touchdowns, which shows just how good he can be when healthy. There’s no doubt that he would add yet another playmaker to an offense that already has the potential to break off a big play at any time. Alex Smith has proven to be the quarterback of the future for the Chiefs, and they want to bring in as good of a supporting cast as they can.
At his current rate of progress, Maclin is expected to be cleared for the beginning of training camp, which is certainly good news for any interested team. Maclin was originally drafted by Andy Reid in Philadelphia, and could be an exact fit with what Reid is trying to do in Kansas City. This is certainly a potential destination to keep an eye on for Maclin.Why not? As long as its incentive laden. Insurance against the knee not being normal. There would be no downside.

With his coming off an injury it might take an incentive laden contract.

HC_Chief
01-20-2014, 10:17 AM
We NEED a speedy WR. If he is healthy, definitely sign him. Just make sure it is an incentive-laden contract, rather than guaranteed... want him earning those dollars ;)

Simplicity
01-20-2014, 10:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KYWsUrtP65c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mine as well get ready for him.

OldSchool
01-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Similar skillset to AJ Jenkins, just more proven as a player in this league,

philfree
01-20-2014, 10:24 AM
We can take a flyer on the guy but he's a guy who's never had a 1,000 yard season and he's injury prone. I'll keep my expectations low if Reid even goes that route.

OldSchool
01-20-2014, 10:26 AM
We can take a flyer on the guy but he's a guy who's never had a 1,000 yard season and he's injury prone. I'll keep my expectations low if Reid even goes that route.

Not many receivers go over 1k yards in Reids offense, if at all. It is designed to spread the ball around to a lot of different targets and therefore reduces the importance of having a #1 WR.

Ragged Robin
01-20-2014, 10:27 AM

Slightly better Avery 2.0 then? ROFL

Sure-Oz
01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
He would be a decent pickup IMO if the speed is still there.

OldSchool
01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Slightly better Avery 2.0 then? ROFL

More consistent Avery. Definitely has better hands and is more willing across the middle.

BossChief
01-20-2014, 10:32 AM

I don't really care about the 1,000 yards threshold. If he can get back to full strength, the guy has blazing speed, good hand, runs good routes, knows the system, gets the ball in the endzone and would be a perfect fit for the offense.

The only real question mark for me is the injury factor.

Is this the first injury to the knee he blew out his acl in?

saphojunkie
01-20-2014, 10:36 AM
It will be a cheap contract. We have a huge need. This is the right kind of gamble.

Simplicity
01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
It will be a cheap contract. We have a huge need. This is the right kind of gamble.

That also frees us up in the draft to get some DB.

As much as I want Marqise Lee... I'd settle for Maclin and a 1st round DB.

-King-
01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
People saying they wouldn't want him are stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84
01-20-2014, 10:40 AM
I still want us to go after Jordy Nelson next offseason, when he's a FA.

I'd seriously trade our likely mid-first round pick for him.

Eleazar
01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Maclin is someone who knows the offense, will be available at a discount, and is at our biggest position of need on offense. He's probably the biggest upgrade at that position that would be available on the free agent market. I think adding Maclin to Bowe and Avery would be a nice upgrade, especially for the cap dollars invested.

WR would be hard to solve through the draft anyway, because it takes a WR a few years before they really contribute, most of the time.

mcaj22
01-20-2014, 10:44 AM
i think the question will be how do you get your incentive laden deal to trump whatever the Eagles offer him.

the Eagles could offer him an incentive laden deal and why would he leave when they got Foles, that offense, and his teammates/familiarity. We have Andy Reid and closer to home for him. Might come down to teams getting in a bid war

BossChief
01-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

That depends.

Can we get him for something like 3 years 8-10 million with a minimal first year cap hit and a roster bonus in the second year?...or will he want a deal that averages over 5million per year?

Big difference, given the risk.

This is a really good draft class of receivers and drafting someone would be much cheaper.

Eleazar
01-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I still want us to go after Jordy Nelson next offseason, when he's a FA.

I'd seriously trade our likely mid-first round pick for him.

It seems pretty doubtful that Nelson actually does hit FA

BossChief
01-20-2014, 10:46 AM
i think the question will be how do you get your incentive laden deal to trump whatever the Eagles offer him.

the Eagles could offer him an incentive laden deal and why would he leave when they got Foles, that offense, and his teammates/familiarity. We have Andy Reid and closer to home for him. Might come down to teams getting in a bid war

If they want to have a bidding war, they can have him and we can talk to Riley Cooper.

Simplicity
01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
If they want to have a bidding war, they can have him and we can talk to Riley Cooper.

He's racist.

philfree
01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't really care about the 1,000 yards threshold. If he can get back to full strength, the guy has blazing speed, good hand, runs good routes, knows the system, gets the ball in the endzone and would be a perfect fit for the offense.

The only real question mark for me is the injury factor.

Is this the first injury to the knee he blew out his acl in?

I'm just going by memory so besides the acl he's just always been dinged. That's alright though as long as he comes in on a prove it basis. There is chance we could get a good player for cheap which would really help us though so it could be the best way to upgrade the WR position while leaving most of our assets to use on defense. I'd be down with it if it happened but I'd temper my enthusiasm.

Dante84
01-20-2014, 10:48 AM
It seems pretty doubtful that Nelson actually does hit FA

hence my mention of the trade

O.city
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Could either go with a 1 year prove it deal, which like Bennett and the Seahawks can actually bite the team if he comes out and plays great, then you've priced yourself out.

If you could get him to sign a 2 or 3 year smaller deal, do it. He's not an elite #1 WR, but he has the tools to be a very good 2 fringe 1 type WR. Good speed, good hands, good route runner. IIRC, at MU he even returned punts.

Mav
01-20-2014, 11:13 AM
I almost guarantee he's in a Chiefs uniform next year. He's an Andy Reid guy and he's gonna want to surround Alex with a guy he knows can produce.

Rather draft the guy in your sig if Ebron, and Jace are gone.

Mav
01-20-2014, 11:15 AM

Riley Cooper, James Jones, or Eric Decker would be the preferable options for me.

Combine that with hopefully grabbing your sig. An offense that struggled last year, is now SO IMPROVED.

Would WANT.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2014, 11:15 AM
let the MUron masturbation-fest begin!!!

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not signing a WR who's looking for a deal to take himself away from a HOF QB or an elite QB as Jones and Decker are looking to do.

Cooper or Maclin would be my choice, as well as drafting Lee if he were there.

Direckshun
01-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I'll let Dex walk, sign Maclin and re-sign Kyle Williams on the cheap.

That'll give me two great outside threats, an improvement at slot with Avery over Dex, and a proven punt returning expert in Williams.

Boom. Upgraded everywhere except (arguably) punt returns.

FringeNC
01-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Obviously, we'd want him if the price was right. The question is how high should we be willing to go?

mcaj22
01-20-2014, 11:26 AM

or we can just pay Golden Tate

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:26 AM

That'll give me two great outside threats, an improvement at slot with Avery over Dex, and a proven punt returning expert in Williams.

This.

I'm a fan of Jenkins as well.

BossChief
01-20-2014, 11:27 AM
He's racist.

Cool. That might drop his asking price.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Apparently, he'd fit right in here in KC.

mcaj22
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/01/20/kansas-city-chiefs-fa-targets-jeremy-maclin-vs-golden-tate/

BossChief
01-20-2014, 11:30 AM

I almost spit a mouthful of water onto the iPad after reading "a proven punt return expert"

:evil:

Direckshun
01-20-2014, 11:31 AM
The problem there is that Golden Tate, while being a great fit in KC, would cost too much.

He's younger, completely healthy, and the Seahawks love him. He'd cost too much.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Fuck it, just sign both.

Simplicity
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Cool. That might drop his asking price.

I guess being slow and white will too.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Having other holes needing be filled in FA, Maclin probably makes more sense financially. But I'd rather have Tate all things being equal.

I've become overly enamored with Donald Butler if the Chargers don't resign him

BossChief
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
22 receivers in this draft class have a third round or higher grade.

If we are gonna drop coin in FA, I'd rather we do it by filling positions that are weak in the draft.

Why should we spend in upwards of 5-7 million per year on a receiver if we can draft one and possibly get the same quality of player for under a million per year for 4 years?

That's a legit question...especially when Alex Smiths comfort zone hasn't really been throwing outside the numbers to the wideouts.

I guess after locking Bowe up to that huge deal and seeing him underproduce makes me much ather spend that kind of coin on a huge upgrade at safety.

After all, the offense scored 44 in the playoffs with the weapons we have on offense, but we have nothing after Berry at safety and even he isn't exactly a top itch coverage safety at this point.

I think that's a lot more cost effecient.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:44 AM
22 receivers in this draft class have a third round or higher grade.

If we are gonna drop coin in FA, I'd rather we do it by filling positions that are weak in the draft.

Why should we spend in upwards of 5-7 million per year on a receiver if we can draft one and possibly get the same quality of player for under a million per year for 4 years?

That's a legit question...especially when Alex Smiths comfort zone hasn't really been throwing outside the numbers to the wideouts.

I guess after locking Bowe up to that huge deal and seeing him underproduce makes me much ather spend that kind of coin on a huge upgrade at safety.

After all, the offense scored 44 in the playoffs with the weapons we have on offense, but we have nothing after Berry at safety and even he isn't exactly a top itch coverage safety at this point.

I think that's a lot more cost effecient.

I'd say this is why Maclin is the obvious fit, because he'll likely come cheaper.

I'd imagine they'll add a WR in FA, and probably draft one.

DaKCMan AP
01-20-2014, 11:45 AM

Reports are that, after the latest injury, there's concern Kyle Williams is done.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
With what Dex was before and after Toub, I'm not real worried about finding a punt returner.

O.city
01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
I'd be tempted to sign Maclin and keep Dex actually.

Dunerdr
01-20-2014, 11:52 AM
I'd do a one year deal and draft a kid

BossChief
01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Another factor that tends to make me think more about adding ANOTHER guy through free agency that has an injury history that has caused him to miss significant time.

When was the last time we signed a player in FA with an injury history and it actually ended up being a bargain?

I'm having a hard time remembering one.

loochy
01-20-2014, 12:01 PM
I'd be tempted to sign Maclin and keep Dex actually.

dex will want too much and someone out there will pay it

BossChief
01-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Dex will get a payday that is beyond what we should offer.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 12:05 PM
When was the last time we signed a player in FA with an injury history and it actually ended up being a bargain?

I'm having a hard time remembering one.

FA signing: Priest Holmes

Traded for: Trent Green
Willie Roaf

Rausch
01-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Dex will get a payday that is beyond what we should offer.

This...

Titty Meat
01-20-2014, 12:10 PM
2 knee injuries to the same knee no thanks

notorious
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Meh.

This.

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 12:25 PM
This guy and a talented rookie will do us so much good, Maclin can step right into Reids system and produce immediately.

|Zach|
01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
This would be fantastic.

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
2 knee injuries to the same knee no thanks

Yup. Let NE take a flier on him.

Fritz88
01-20-2014, 12:52 PM

I would take Cooper over Maclin in a heartbeat.

Cooper seems more of the Alex Smith type than Maclin.

loochy
01-20-2014, 12:55 PM

he reminds me of wes welker

a real lunchpail kind of guy

good fundamentals

intelligent player

BossChief
01-20-2014, 01:11 PM

good fundamentals

intelligent player

That's racist.

Mav
01-20-2014, 01:23 PM

Uhhhhh.

No. Nope nope nope.

Listen. Do you know WHY Kyle Williams was cut from the 49ers in the first place?

That's right, his fumbling problems, came right back to the surface last year.

You do NOT want this guy anywhere near returning punts.

Mav
01-20-2014, 01:25 PM

Cooper also helps on other levels. Like special teams. Those types of players become valuable when you are up against the salary cap.

And, I kind of agree with you about helping Alex Smith more. But, I think you might be underestimating Maclin as a route runner. He ran a lot of shorter stuff, while DJax was more of their deep threat.

Mav
01-20-2014, 01:25 PM

good fundamentals

intelligent player

So he will savagely and horrificly hurt the other teams best corners too?

Bring him in.

Direckshun
01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Reports are that, after the latest injury, there's concern Kyle Williams is done.

Oh, balls. That's upsetting.

OnTheWarpath15
01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

This. I'm not sure why people are acting as if an ACL injury is a death sentence. Christ, our best player came back from one with ZERO ill effects.

Maclin is someone who knows the offense, will be available at a discount, and is at our biggest position of need on offense. He's probably the biggest upgrade at that position that would be available on the free agent market. I think adding Maclin to Bowe and Avery would be a nice upgrade, especially for the cap dollars invested.

WR would be hard to solve through the draft anyway, because it takes a WR a few years before they really contribute, most of the time.

Exactly. IMO, they should sign Maclin AND address the position in the draft.

Bowser
01-20-2014, 02:02 PM
This guy and a talented rookie will do us so much good, Maclin can step right into Reids system and produce immediately.

This. What is so hard to understand about this? We'd get a proven vet in the very system we're running on the cheap. Yeah, he may be rusty at first, but that's what training camp and preseason is for, no?

Bowe, Maclin, McCluster, Jenkins, and a rookie could make a formidable group, especially considering how the offense evolved towards the end of the season. It certainly would be the strongest that group has been in years upon years.

Bowser
01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
I hope we sign Maclin and Cooper, just to see the heads explode around here. :evil:

Wilson8
01-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Riley Cooper – His catch rate was not that good for his first 3 years in the NFL, but then he did not get that many opportunities. I think he might be a player that will continue to improve with experience.

6’3”, 222 pounds – 5th round pick of Philadelphia Eagles in 2010, 4.53 40 time.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64853&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
2013 57% catch rate, 8 TDs, 47/83 passes, 835 yards -
2012 48% catch rate, 3 TDs, 23/48 passes, 248 yards
2011 46% catch rate, 1 TD, 16/35 passes, 215 yards
2010 39% catch rate, 1 TD, 7/18 passes, 116 yards
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

I would think that the Eagles would try and keep him. Any player that KC signs will probably have to be club friendly contracts at least for 2014.

DeezNutz
01-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Maclin has great hands and is tough as shit, as well as providing the ability to stretch the field.

Add him and legit. option at TE, and this offense, seemingly, is loaded.

Asinine to claim that acquiring Maclin would be a bad or even uninspiring move.

mcaj22
01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Maclin's "great hands" is kind of fools gold

his drop rate is on par with Bowe and Avery

Over his career Maclin has dropped one in ten of the balls that were deemed catchable. In 2012 (his last season) that percentage was actually 11.7%. As a point of comparison, since PFF has been keeping stats, Dwayne Bowe has dropped 11.5% of his catchable passes and Donnie Avery has dropped 12.1% of his. So the numbers say that Maclin wouldn’t be much of an upgrade (if any) over their current WRs in terms of drops.

He's a gloried better version of Avery and people on this board like him cause he will work over the middle.

DeezNutz
01-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Difficult and subjective statistic. If we factor in drop rate, we're going to criticize the likes of Johnson, Marshall, etc.

-King-
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM

Wut? Are people serious?

This is Cooper's first season with over 315 yards. Maclin's worst season was 773 yards!

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2014, 02:30 PM

He's a gloried better version of Avery and people on this board like him cause he will work over the middle.

Definitely do not want if that's the case then.

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 02:31 PM
This. What is so hard to understand about this? We'd get a proven vet in the very system we're running on the cheap. Yeah, he may be rusty at first, but that's what training camp and preseason is for, no?

Bowe, Maclin, McCluster, Jenkins, and a rookie could make a formidable group, especially considering how the offense evolved towards the end of the season. It certainly would be the strongest that group has been in years upon years.

Agreed 100%

And the people against this move are a definite minority.

Wilson8
01-20-2014, 02:33 PM
No Macklin is better with catch rate...

Jeremy Maclin –
6’0”, 198 pounds – 1st round pick of Philadelphia Eagles in 2009, 4.45 40 time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Maclin

2013 - July 27, 2013, Maclin suffered a torn ACL during training camp. Out 2013 season.
2012 56% catch rate, 7 TDs, 68/121 passes, 856 yards
2011 65% catch rate, 5 TD, 63/97 passes, 859 yards
2010 61% catch rate, 10 TDs, 70/115 passes, 964 yards
2009 62% catch rate, 4 TDs, 56/91 passes, 773 yards
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12579/jeremy-maclin

-King-
01-20-2014, 02:36 PM

While we're at it...let's not try to get any of these other WRs

http://i.imgur.com/LkmerPh.png

kepp
01-20-2014, 02:37 PM
While we're at it...let's not try to get any of these other WRs

http://i.imgur.com/LkmerPh.png

What a list of suck!

Bowser
01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Calvin Johnson with a 10.29 drop rate. Fucking bust.

-King-
01-20-2014, 02:43 PM
PFF might be the worst thing to happen to football statistics.

jkw87
01-20-2014, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=-King-;10382938]While we're at it...let's not try to get any of these other WRs

[

I didn't imagine Avery 's drop rate was that high in Indy. Damn

mcaj22
01-20-2014, 02:49 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, with PFF being shitty and #1 WRs dropping a lot of balls, I am just pointing out for a forum that was pissing and crying the entire 2013 season at Avery and Bowe dropping key passes in games this year, you guys have a hard on for another WR that is pretty much similar in dropping passes. That's it.

And he's not Calvin Johnson. So trying to compare a talent like that dropping balls to Jeremy Maclin is like saying Lebron James misses as many layups and Kris Humphries

Ebolapox
01-20-2014, 03:13 PM

what is his stance on ATM?

BossChief
01-20-2014, 03:20 PM

From the op

"He has admitted that he may have to take a discounted contract or a one-year deal to prove himself following that big of an injury."

O.city
01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
I think he refuses ass to mouth aka ATM so the question is, knowing that, do you still want him

Bowser
01-20-2014, 03:23 PM

He thinks Johnny Manziel is way overrated.

Ebolapox
01-20-2014, 03:25 PM
I think he refuses ass to mouth aka ATM so the question is, knowing that, do you still want him

Jeremy Maclin: YOU NEVER GO ASS TO MOUTH
Chiefs: sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass to mouth
Jeremy Maclin: YOU NEVER GO ASS TO MOUTH

-King-
01-20-2014, 03:28 PM
From the op

"He has admitted that he may have to take a discounted contract or a one-year deal to prove himself following that big of an injury."

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.gif

duncan_idaho
01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm as big a Jeremy Maclin fan as you will find. He's a great guy who works extremely hard and has overcome a lot of bad situations and breaks.

If the price is right, and you can get him at a discount - the incentive-based deal with the big roster bonus at the start of year 2 sounds like a good plan to me - it's a slam dunk.

I really have no doubt that he'll come back strong from this injury. He just works too hard not to come back strong.

Wouldn't put all eggs in the Maclin basket - would still add a WR or TE in the draft - but it could be a nice, underrated FA signing with big-time upside.

BradBigglestein
01-20-2014, 03:48 PM
My Jeremy Maclin scouting report:

Faster in college than he is in the NFL. Hasn't shown the game-changing explosiveness or speed in the NFL.

Hasn't had any major NFL injuries other than the ACL(tore up his knee in college also, though so that should be a minor concern) but always seems to get shaken up in games. It seems like every game he's always writhing in pain from what looks like routine tackles , then he has to miss a couple plays. Might not be a big deal, but when it happens constantly, it starts to get a tad irritating.

Not an overly big receiver, but uses his body pretty well for his size.

Finds ways to get open in the red zone for TDs.

Pretty good hands

I want the Eagles to keep him, and he'd be a nice addition to the Chiefs, but I would not go crazy for him. He's yet to "break out" and prove that he is more than a #2 receiver in the NFL.

Just Passin' By
01-20-2014, 03:57 PM
People saying they wouldn't want him are probably going to be proven smart in the end, unless the deal is extremely team friendly.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

TLO
01-20-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm tired of having "#2 receivers".

I want a GOD DAMN #1 reciever.

Sure-Oz
01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Add a WR and TE through the draft and add Maclin

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 04:06 PM

Faster in college than he is in the NFL. Hasn't shown the game-changing explosiveness or speed in the NFL.

Hasn't had any major NFL injuries other than the ACL(tore up his knee in college also, though so that should be a minor concern) but always seems to get shaken up in games. It seems like every game he's always writhing in pain from what looks like routine tackles , then he has to miss a couple plays. Might not be a big deal, but when it happens constantly, it starts to get a tad irritating.

Pretty good hands

I want the Eagles to keep him, and he'd be a nice addition to the Chiefs, but I would not go crazy for him. He's yet to "break out" and prove that he is more than a #2 receiver in the NFL.

Yeah, his numbers so far dont bear him out as a #1... I think the main reasons most of us want him here are

a) solid speed

b) knows the system

c) will be reasonable with contract demands

BradBigglestein
01-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Forgot to add that Maclin is also a very willing and capable blocker. It may not mean much to your average fan, but coaches like it.

Sorter
01-20-2014, 04:48 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOwhat is his stance on ATM?

Rausch
01-20-2014, 04:53 PM

GF only - you divorce that bitch if she pulls that after the honeymoon...

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:26 PM
If you can't get your hands on a surefire #1, might as well load up on #2/fringe 1 guys. Bowe, Maclin, etc.

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Add Maclin, then take Brandin Cooks in the 3rd round.

RunKC
01-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Add Maclin, then take Brandin Cooks in the 3rd round.

Cooks will be gone by then. You're looking at Jared Abbredderis and Donte Moncrief in the 3rd IMO.

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I wish we still had a 2nd round pick, thats where Cooks would be a great pick.

Sannyasi
01-20-2014, 05:54 PM
I like the idea of signing Maclin and drafting another receiver. We obviously need to get more production from the WR position this season and there's no reason to put all of our eggs in one basket.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 06:01 PM
I like the idea of signing Maclin and drafting another receiver. We obviously need to get more production from the WR position this season and there's no reason to put all of our eggs in one basket.

This team clearly did not believe in the "next man up" philosophy.

We had injuries all year and definitely in the playoffs but when back ups produced they didn't get more touches.

Guys like Hemingway and Jenkins produced when targeted.

Though I held my breath every time he touched the ball every time he was asked to come in Davis balled.

Abdullah was big.

I'm not saying we should make these guys starters but if if they get 20 snaps and produce give them 35...

Sannyasi
01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
This team clearly did not believe in the "next man up" philosophy.

We had injuries all year and definitely in the playoffs but when back ups produced they didn't get more touches.

Guys like Hemingway and Jenkins produced when targeted.

Though I held my breath every time he touched the ball every time he was asked to come in Davis balled.

Abdullah was big.

I'm not saying we should make these guys starters but if if they get 20 snaps and produce give them 35...

You have a point. Considering the guys we had in front of them, Hemingway and Jenkins probably should have gotten more playing time.

Messier
01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
I wish we still had a 2nd round pick, thats where Cooks would be a great pick.

I was worth it.

mikey23545
01-20-2014, 06:42 PM

Pretty good hands

Oh! Branden Albert Syndrome!

|Zach|
01-20-2014, 06:46 PM

Get out of here with that bullshit.