PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who are your top FA choices, and why?

Pages : [1] 2

Nightfyre
01-20-2014, 04:06 PM
You define your own parameters, choose the player, and indicate why they are your top choice.

1) Jairus Byrd. Safety play hindered this team in a terrible way last year. Even the lay-fan could see it and it was even worse than that with additional, more in-depth review. Additionally, this draft class is super weak at safety. Ergo, Mr. Byrd.

2) Lamarr Houston. Moar Interior Passrush. Make it happen. Actually, this is also a great class in the draft, so not only would this signing increase the interior pass rush of the first string unit, but also would allow us to use our draft picks in the pursuit of additional depth on the defensive line.

3) Emmanuel Sanders. This is the deep threat we need opposite of Bowe. Not only that, he runs great underneath routes and has excellent hands. A perfect fit for the Andy Reid offense. The wide receiver class is pretty good this year in the draft as well, so we could be looking at using that third round pick to bolster our WR corps.

4) Jermichael Finley. This guy can't seem to stay healthy - which works to the advantage of the Chiefs as they can sign him to an affordable contract and provide Alex Smith with the premium talent at tight-end he covets. This is a great pick-up if Finley can stay healthy.

5) Jake Locker. Locker will be cut by the Titans, who don't want to pay his option. The dude is a legit option to blossom into a franchise QB if he can stay healthy. He will be a strong backup to Alex Smith and enable us to trade Chase Daniel in a Kevin Kolb/Matt Flynn like-deal.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Byrd will command too much cheddar. Gonna be Clemons, Ward, or Whitner.

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 04:19 PM
We can forget about Byrd and it seems like Finley was mostly a big headache up in GB... always hurt, couldnt get along with Rodgers etc.

Whitner would bring the fiery physicality we need, but that would mean putting Berry at FS and I'm not so sure thats where he belongs... we need more of a ballhawk than a big hitter IMO.

Nightfyre
01-20-2014, 04:21 PM
We don't need fiery physicality on defense. We need someone who can play centerfield.

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 04:27 PM
We don't need fiery physicality on defense. We need someone who can play centerfield.

I strongly disagree with the first part and 100% agree with the second part, which is why I'm not sure Whitner is the right get.

Nightfyre
01-20-2014, 04:28 PM
We have physicality in spades. Having a guy who can lay a lick is nice. Having someone who can play centerfield, make tackles, and have ballhawk skills is exactly what we need.

Titty Meat
01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Jermicheal Finleys career is over.

Golden Tate and a veteran safety is all this team needs to do in the off season.

Direckshun
01-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Your first two options are ImaginationLand, Nightfyre. They're both getting gigantic contracts this offseason.

My list (combination of need, skill, and price):

1. WR Jeremy Maclin, Eagles

2. DE Antonio Smith, Texans

3. OT Winston Justice, Broncos

4. S Chris Clemons, Dolphins

5. S Kurt Coleman, Eagles

laughsatyou907
01-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Build through the draft, sign FAs to one year low ball contracts. This is how winning organizations work.

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Byrd and Houston would be great if money weren't a big deal, but they're breaking the bank.

Give me Chris Clemons and Maclin for sure/Tate if he doesn't want a shit ton.

KC_Lee
01-20-2014, 05:33 PM
If Locker does get cut he'll look for a team with a more immediate need at QB, Cleveland, Oakland, etc.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 05:34 PM

Golden Tate and a veteran safety is all this team needs to do in the off season.

There's a really good S that wants the fuck out of Buffalo...

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm just not as big of a Locker fan as some here. Granted, I haven't watched him much, but from what I have seen, he still seems to struggle from the pocket.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm just not as big of a Locker fan as some here. Granted, I haven't watched him much, but from what I have seen, he still seems to struggle from the pocket.

Don't need - don't want...

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Byrd is gonna want 10 mil per. That would be about 20 mil tied up in 2 safeties.

Granted, it's 2 all pro's but, damn.

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Don't need - don't want...

I woulnd't mind switching out Daniel for Locker as a developmental guy, and again, I haven't seen alot of him, so grain of salt kind of thing.

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Chris Clemons, Donald Butler and Jeremy Maclin would by my 3.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
I woulnd't mind switching out Daniel for Locker as a developmental guy, and again, I haven't seen alot of him, so grain of salt kind of thing.

I'd prefer to dump Danielle and sign/draft a low round prospect to compete with Bray for no 2...

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:39 PM
I'd prefer to dump Danielle and sign/draft a low round prospect to compete with Bray for no 2...

With Smith's injury history, I don't know that having 2 inexperienced guys like that would be a great idea.

I'd support it though.

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:40 PM
I might also be interested in throwing the vet min at Desmond Bishop and hope he comes off the ACL injury at his old self.

Although, he seems pretty injury prone.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 05:40 PM
With Smith's injury history, I don't know that having 2 inexperienced guys like that would be a great idea.

I'd support it though.

His only injury history is concussions.

Quit wasting $$$ and draft picks on $#itty offensive lineman and it won't be an issue...

O.city
01-20-2014, 05:41 PM
He also had a pretty severe shoulder injury.

KC_Lee
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM

Locker flashes at times but right when you think he's going to get over the hump he gets injured. He could be good but he just can't stay on the field.

Rausch
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Jairus Byrd, pay it, and solve this fucking problem...

KCFaninSEA
01-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Would love Byrd, Maclin and Butler. Not enough money to get all 3 though.

Simplicity
01-20-2014, 07:13 PM
You define your own parameters, choose the player, and indicate why they are your top choice.

1) Jairus Byrd. Safety play hindered this team in a terrible way last year. Even the lay-fan could see it and it was even worse than that with additional, more in-depth review. Additionally, this draft class is super weak at safety. Ergo, Mr. Byrd.

2) Lamarr Houston. Moar Interior Passrush. Make it happen. Actually, this is also a great class in the draft, so not only would this signing increase the interior pass rush of the first string unit, but also would allow us to use our draft picks in the pursuit of additional depth on the defensive line.

3) Emmanuel Sanders. This is the deep threat we need opposite of Bowe. Not only that, he runs great underneath routes and has excellent hands. A perfect fit for the Andy Reid offense. The wide receiver class is pretty good this year in the draft as well, so we could be looking at using that third round pick to bolster our WR corps.

4) Jermichael Finley. This guy can't seem to stay healthy - which works to the advantage of the Chiefs as they can sign him to an affordable contract and provide Alex Smith with the premium talent at tight-end he covets. This is a great pick-up if Finley can stay healthy.

5) Jake Locker. Locker will be cut by the Titans, who don't want to pay his option. The dude is a legit option to blossom into a franchise QB if he can stay healthy. He will be a strong backup to Alex Smith and enable us to trade Chase Daniel in a Kevin Kolb/Matt Flynn like-deal.

I really can't disagree with your FA guys... I like it. I'd be alright with swapping Sanders with Maclin but other then that... I want.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Byrd wants to be (and probably will be) the highest paid safety. Really doubt we can give him that.

CaliforniaChief
01-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Its a passing league and we're in a division with 2 gunslingers and another team that traditionally chucks the ball down the field. Safety is more of a premium position than ever. Pay the Byrd man and draft the rest.

Direckshun
01-20-2014, 08:19 PM
I want Nightfyre to come back into this thread and justify the idea that either Byrd or Houston are financially feasible for this team.

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Locker can go pound sand.

O.city
01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
We MIGHT be able to clear enough space to sign one of them. But that would be about it.

Direckshun
01-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Locker can go pound scott free.

FYP

Easy 6
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM
FYP

Why do you want him here, please explain...

Mr. Laz
01-20-2014, 08:39 PM
We have physicality in spades.

umm ... not

DJ and Berry are the only guys who really lay it out there

arm tackles galore

In58men
01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Tate and a safety

Fritz88
01-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Finley is out for good, no?

Nightfyre
01-20-2014, 11:49 PM
I want Nightfyre to come back into this thread and justify the idea that either Byrd or Houston are financially feasible for this team.

Sure. It's pretty easy to do when you restructure Berry to a long-term, backloaded deal. :shrug: The cap is a mirage anyway.

Nightfyre
01-20-2014, 11:51 PM
umm ... not

DJ and Berry are the only guys who really lay it out there

arm tackles galore

The arm-tackles galore came from one safety and two cornerbacks. Two of the three will be gone next year.

mcaj22
01-20-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm on the Chris Clemons and Golden Tate trains

OldSchool
01-21-2014, 12:02 AM
How much would it cost to get Sam Shields here? Would be the fastest guy in our secondary by a mile.

Sorter
01-21-2014, 12:15 AM

Skip to 0:18

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ecFi__27CNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's your answer.

salame
01-21-2014, 05:06 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2011/08/Disciple-3-WCW.jpg

Dunerdr
01-21-2014, 05:36 AM

Not his fault Rodgers is catty. Poor guy has been catching balls but can't get the discount double check.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2014, 05:41 AM
1. Michael Bennett, DE, Seattle
2. Walter Thurmond, CB, Seattle
3. Golden Tate, WR, Seattle
4. Chris Clemons, S, Miami
5. Ryan Wendell, C, New England (shift Hudson back to guard)

OldSchool
01-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Not his fault Rodgers is catty. Poor guy has been catching balls but can't get the discount double check.

He had a career threatening/ending neck injury . . .

DaKCMan AP
01-21-2014, 06:30 AM
TJ Ward - cause Kendrick Lewis sucks
Geoff Schwartz - because he's Jewish & Awesome and Kendrick Lewis sucks
Captain Munnerlyn - cause Kendrick Lewis isn't a captain and he sucks
Julian Edelman - because he's better than Dex
Andrew Hawkins - deep threat who would definitely burn Kendrick Lewis

TEX
01-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Pass on Finley. We don't need another TE that cant stay healthy.

Jimmya
01-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Great pass rushers are a must in today's nfl.

OldSchool
01-21-2014, 09:14 AM

I wonder if we could lure BJ Raji here. Lining him up next to Poe would be an awesome combo.

GordonGekko
01-21-2014, 09:16 AM

Pretty much, I'd say a dominant pass rush has an almost equal impact on the game as having a elite QB. Dominant pass rushes just destroy opposing O's to where they cannot score.

Bambi
01-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Chris Harris and Aqib Talib.

Everyone loves reunions.

Easy 6
01-21-2014, 01:56 PM
1. Michael Bennett, DE, Seattle
2. Walter Thurmond, CB, Seattle
3. Golden Tate, WR, Seattle
4. Chris Clemons, S, Miami
5. Ryan Wendell, C, New England (shift Hudson back to guard)

I love the idea of pilfering some of that Seattle attitude and talent, but I'd still rather have Maclin over Tate.

Mile High Mania
01-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Don't get too wild with signing Free Agents, especially those with big names and big dollars... some will accuse you of trying to "Rent a Championship". Home grown is the only legit way to go.

BlackHelicopters
01-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Don't get too wild with signing Free Agents, especially those with big names and big dollars... some will accuse you of trying to "Rent a Championship". Home grown is the only legit way to go.

LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
03-03-2014, 01:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/shockingly-pats-keep-cards-close-to-the-vest-on-talib/

The clock is ticking on the annual application of the franchise tag.

Regarding the possibility of tagging Aqib Talib, the Pats are keeping their intentions tightly guarded. As they usually do.

About pretty much everything.

Last year, Talib wasn’t tagged. He hit the market, eventually rejoining the Patriots on a one-year, $5 million deal.

This time, a far more robust market is expected for Talib. The problem for the Pats is that, thanks to Aaron Hernandez, it becomes very difficult to invest big money over the long haul in a guy with a history of off-field issues.

And that could be why some believe that Patriots are interested in shaking Darrelle Revis away from the Buccaneers. With Revis costing $16 million and the tag for Talib costing $11.834 million, it could make more sense to pay the extra $4.166 million to Revis.

RealSNR
03-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Just don't act like the GM who made that deal is some goddamn personnel genius like John Schneider when he can't even figure out how to operate a freakin fax machine.

JakeLV
03-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Byrd is gonna want 10 mil per. That would be about 20 mil tied up in 2 safeties.

Granted, it's 2 all pro's but, damn.

This is all null and void if Commings can be the player the FO thinks he can be, but with Peyton and Rivers in the division, a top flight secondary is worth the investment.

But you have to look in the long term. If the scheme changes, would Berry and Byrd still maintain their value? I say yes.

clyde05
03-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Byrd not getting the tag, bills announced

thabear04
03-03-2014, 02:59 PM
:jester:

listopencil
03-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Lou Delmas.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2014, 03:15 PM
gotta get a veteran Free safety in free agency that fits the single-deep coverage scheme

MUST have the vision and range to protect our corners on the deep sideline routes so that they can stay aggressive.

a must!!!!

Byrd is going to cost a fortune so we probably have to settle for the 2nd best single deep safety.

crucial FA pickup, if we don't get one then it will force our draft to need

ct
03-04-2014, 12:18 PM
football thread bump

O.city
03-04-2014, 07:20 PM
@adbrandt: Brandon Browner says he's been reinstated by the NFL, just in time for free agency. There were lawyers...

There's a big corner

Sure-Oz
03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Brandon Browner says he's been reinstated. Worth a look?

Edit. Woops

Rausch
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM

At this point I'm willing to fucking steal one if we have to (and clearly we do...)

Wallcrawler
03-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Certainly looks that way for the donks and their "legendary" offense ran by their Rent A QB that mustered a paltry 8 points in the biggest contest of their lives to that point.

I wonder how many Denver fans really believe that Manning is worth that 20 million pricetag after being exposed for what he is, which is a great regular season QB that becomes mediocre when faced with elite defensive opposition.

Hell, he barely got the one ring he has, because Rex f'ing Grossman was the signal caller for the other side.

BossChief
03-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Dogging on Peyton after he just destroyed the record books on the way to another superbowl?

IT'S BEEN 20 YEARS SINCE WE WON A PLAYOFF GAME.

Rausch
03-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Certainly looks that way for the donks and their "legendary" offense ran by their Rent A QB that mustered a paltry 8 points in the biggest contest of their lives to that point.

I wonder how many Denver fans really believe that Manning is worth that 20 million pricetag after being exposed for what he is, which is a great regular season QB that becomes mediocre when faced with elite defensive opposition.

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure it was also Seattle's largest margin of victory for the whole year.

Rausch
03-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Dogging on Peyton after he just destroyed the record books on the way to another superbowl?

It's completely different.

The Chiefs are the tubby kid that's friends with the prom queen. Everyone pulls for him but she's never going to fuck him.

Payed-a-Ton is the Prom king that suffers from premature ejaculation...

Micjones
03-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Free Safety:
Mike Mitchell
Chris Clemons

Defensive End:
Matt Shaughnessy
Adam Carriker

Wide Receiver:
Emmanuel Sanders

Rausch
03-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Wide Receiver:
Emmanuel Sanders

Last year he was considered a joke and overachiever. A fluke.

Nice to see a few people pay attention and respect a player who fights for the catch, is dependable, and despite a lack of top end speed gets open and makes the play.

thabear04
03-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Jairus Byrd because he way better than Lewis
Michael Johnson
Alterraun Verner
Linval Joseph
Arthur Jones
Walter Thurmond
Geoff Schwartz
Golden Tate

Wallcrawler
03-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Dogging on Peyton after he just destroyed the record books on the way to another superbowl LOSS?

FYP, and youre right. Those regular season records are so much more important than the Lombardi Trophy. Peyton should hold out for more. :rolleyes:

mcaj22
03-05-2014, 12:42 AM
wonder if Brandon Browner would be cheap

Mav
03-05-2014, 08:24 AM
wonder if Brandon Browner would be cheap

a 6'3 corner who has man press ability like very few in the league?

Um, not cheap, but he wont take a long term deal to get. After all he is 31 going into the season.

For the Chiefs, they should take a look at Jason Avant, which they will anyway. Quality depth at receiver which you need. Emmanuel Sanders, but considering that him and Decker are pretty much the cream of the crop at receiver, expect the pats, who wanted him last year to go hard after him again, they are already looking to dump amendola.

One name not mentioned that I have seen.

Aqib Talib. he would be amazing on the Chiefs. He could teach Marcus Cooper how to use his size.

And, if talib was mentioned on prior pages, apologies if q.

Mav
03-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Jairus Byrd because he way better than Lewis
Michael Johnson
Alterraun Verner
Linval Joseph
Arthur Jones
Walter Thurmond
Geoff Schwartz
Golden Tate

Michael Johnson is far too small to play the d end, and totally nukes his value in a 3-4. Verner is going to be WAY outside of the Chiefs pay scale, Joseph isn't bad, but he regressed badly last year. Arthur Jones is probably the prize of your list, as is keeping Schwartz. DeVito Jones, and Poe that's a lot of BEEF.

BossChief
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
If we sign a corner to a big money deal like so many here seem to want the team to do, I'll throw up in my hat.

1) FA corners are expensive.

2) this is the deepest corner draft in years.

3) our corners that we already have have all showed the ability to play at a high level when the pass rush is limiting opposing offenses to average to below average release times. FFS look at our interceptions until the moment Houston and Hali went down against SD.

This team needs 2 safeties for the secondary, not a corner.

Easy 6
03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
gotta get a veteran Free safety in free agency that fits the single-deep coverage scheme

MUST have the vision and range to protect our corners on the deep sideline routes so that they can stay aggressive.

a must!!!!

Byrd is going to cost a fortune so we probably have to settle for the 2nd best single deep safety.

crucial FA pickup, if we don't get one then it will force our draft to need

If we do NOTHING in free agency outside of this position, it'll be fine with me... I want an established WR, but if he isn't chosen we can still get by offensively as long as a top TE is taken.

We don't HAVE to have both a TE and WR in this draft, but one of those two is a MUST, gotta have an upgrade at atleast one of those positions... if they choose to take just one of those two so be it, but they need to buy bulk on defense if so.

Seattle provided the blueprint... two thirds defense, a third offense... just make sure you pick the right guys as often as possible.

thabear04
03-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Michael Johnson is far too small to play the d end, and totally nukes his value in a 3-4. Verner is going to be WAY outside of the Chiefs pay scale, Joseph isn't bad, but he regressed badly last year. Arthur Jones is probably the prize of your list, as is keeping Schwartz. DeVito Jones, and Poe that's a lot of BEEF.

Allen Bailey
Mike Catapano
Mike DeVito
Dontari Poe
** Arthur Jones**

That seem like a great front line

salame
03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Jairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus ByrdJairus Byrd

Mr. Laz
03-05-2014, 10:46 PM
If we do NOTHING in free agency outside of this position, it'll be fine with me... I want an established WR, but if he isn't chosen we can still get by offensively as long as a top TE is taken.

We don't HAVE to have both a TE and WR in this draft, but one of those two is a MUST, gotta have an upgrade at atleast one of those positions... if they choose to take just one of those two so be it, but they need to buy bulk on defense if so.

Seattle provided the blueprint... two thirds defense, a third offense... just make sure you pick the right guys as often as possible.
you want to start a rookie FS?

commings hasn't played, he's practically a rookie.

TinyEvel
03-05-2014, 11:56 PM
But, but, but the chiefs fan base on Facebook says we should pay whatever we can to bring Jared Allen back. Would be so neato!

T-post Tom
03-06-2014, 12:11 AM
As for filling a need:

1. J. Byrd -- Excellent player. Hope he's completely over the plantar fasciitis.
2. G. Tate -- Exceptional hands, young, improving every season. Perfect #2.

MotherfuckerJones
03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Jairus Byrd, Red Bryant, Jermichael Finley, Re-sign Alex Smith, Eric Berry, Justin Houston.

This is my dream scenario. Then go to the draft for WR, oline, pass rush.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
As for filling a need:

1. J. Byrd -- Excellent player. Hope he's completely over the plantar fasciitis.
2. G. Tate -- Exceptional hands, young, improving every season. Perfect #2.
where's our #1?

Mr. Laz
03-06-2014, 12:18 AM
But, but, but the chiefs fan base on Facebook says we should pay whatever we can to bring Jared Allen back. Would be so neato!Don't remember seeing you lately...

T-post Tom
03-06-2014, 12:33 AM
where's our #1?

Have you not been watching the d-bowe show? :)

mcaj22
03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Jermichael Finley? isnt he like, paralyzed?

DTLB58
03-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Jermichael Finley? isnt he like, paralyzed?

Nope. He should be medically cleared to play soon. Incredible.

Anyong Bluth
03-06-2014, 01:20 AM
No shocking revelation, but seriously what else would or could make as Big an impact as having Byrd to shore up the final piece of the 2ndary?
Nothing. He improves all phases of our D, and provides All Pro help over the top. Our CBs would be able to truly press and it would give a boost to our pass rush as well as the ability to show more exotic looks and blitz packages. Assuming our D. coordinator isn't a one trick pony and has already played his Ace card.

The special teams is outstanding, and if he is able to get our D truly playing like it was the 1st 8 weeks of last season, then I think the offense and defense are worthy of truly being a Super Bowl contender.

I said the Byrd... the Byrd
The Byrd is the word!

Sign him yesterday.

mcaj22
03-06-2014, 02:27 AM
No shocking revelation, but seriously what else would or could make as Big an impact as having Byrd to shore up the final piece of the 2ndary?
Nothing. He improves all phases of our D, and provides All Pro help over the top. Our CBs would be able to truly press and it would give a boost to our pass rush as well as the ability to show more exotic looks and blitz packages. Assuming our D. coordinator isn't a one trick pony and has already played his Ace card.

The special teams is outstanding, and if he is able to get our D truly playing like it was the 1st 8 weeks of last season, then I think the offense and defense are worthy of truly being a Super Bowl contender.

The Byrd is the word!

Sign him yesterday.

he's going to be close to the highest paid safety in the league, anywhere from 7-9 million, Eric Berry/Eric Weddle level of salary

there's not way it makes sense to pay Berry 10 million and Byrd 7-10 million. 20 million into two safeties is crazy

Gino-Bartali
03-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Brandon Spikes. Best run-stopper LB in the league and can take blocks for DJ. He would be a nice fit even being a two-down LB. Lamarr Houston like Nightfyre proposed would be great, i think he is criminally underrated. With Spikes and Houston (Lamarr) we would have the best Front seven in the league.

ForeverChiefs58
03-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Cap update: Chiefs have $9 million to spend

With the NFL's salary cap set at $133 million, the Kansas City Chiefs as of Monday have about $9.6 million of room before they reach the limit.

The Chiefs have $122,249,251 in salary-cap commitments for their 51 highest paid players. Only the top 51 salaries count against the cap. The Chiefs have 68 players under contract.

Combined with their salary-cap credit of $2,381,518, the Chiefs have $9,626,444 to spend. Twenty-four of the NFL's other 31 teams have more salary-cap room than the Chiefs. The Oakland Raiders lead the NFL with more than $66 million of cap room.

htismaqe
03-06-2014, 07:52 AM
But, but, but the chiefs fan base on Facebook says we should pay whatever we can to bring Jared Allen back. Would be so neato!

The one thing Chiefs fans are better at than any other fan base - living in the past.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet·6 mins
Raji hoped for a long-term deal, and he may get one elsewhere. There’s plenty of interest around the league for 1-year deals. He’ll survey

Jimmya
03-06-2014, 08:13 AM
We have to live in the past..... I just wish kc would learn from the past.

Eleazar
03-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Have you heard?

ForeverChiefs58
03-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Have you heard?

Byrd's the word?

TEX
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Cap update: Chiefs have $9 million to spend

With the NFL's salary cap set at $133 million, the Kansas City Chiefs as of Monday have about $9.6 million of room before they reach the limit.

The Chiefs have $122,249,251 in salary-cap commitments for their 51 highest paid players. Only the top 51 salaries count against the cap. The Chiefs have 68 players under contract.

Combined with their salary-cap credit of $2,381,518, the Chiefs have $9,626,444 to spend. Twenty-four of the NFL's other 31 teams have more salary-cap room than the Chiefs. The Oakland Raiders lead the NFL with more than $66 million of cap room.

It doesn't appear that this math is correct, or I'm not understanding the situation correctly... I thought the $2.3 MIL credit gets added to the $9.64 MIL they have to spend? Also, this figure is without them making any cap-saving moves or restructures, correct? If so, it's not all "that" bad.

Eleazar
03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Byrd's the word?

Yes, I was under the impression that everyone had heard.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-06-2014, 09:11 AM
ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk·2 mins
Report: Packers offer to Raji was for $4 million for one year http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qve

htismaqe
03-06-2014, 09:16 AM
ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk·2 mins
Report: Packers offer to Raji was for $4 million for one year http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qve

Welcome to Kansas City. We'll pay him more than that.

OldSchool
03-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Would you think of bringing in Bailey on a 1 year vet deal to see if he could compete for the FS position? He still has his instincts and tackling ability, just not the speed to hang 1 on 1 with #1 WRs in the league anymore.

booger
03-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Raji or Red Bryant next to Poe and we could run the moose ass defense

OldSchool
03-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Raji or Red Bryant next to Poe and we could run the moose ass defense

Biggest DL in the NFL by far:

Poe - Raji - Bryant

booger
03-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Biggest DL in the NFL by far:

Poe - Raji - Bryant

it would be like heading down the isle at walmart and trying to get through. Better off just turning around

OldSchool
03-06-2014, 09:43 AM
it would be like heading down the isle at walmart and trying to get through. Better off just turning around

Yup, and they can all run too.

Easy 6
03-06-2014, 04:31 PM
you want to start a rookie FS?

commings hasn't played, he's practically a rookie.

I think its a lot easier for a young safety to jump right in and be effective than it is for a young receiver.

Anyong Bluth
03-06-2014, 08:32 PM
he's going to be close to the highest paid safety in the league, anywhere from 7-9 million, Eric Berry/Eric Weddle level of salary

there's not way it makes sense to pay Berry 10 million and Byrd 7-10 million. 20 million into two safeties is crazy

It is if you're thinking long-term shouldering those salaries, not if you're looking to get him for a season or 2 and structure the contract accordingly.

It's also a two-fold gain, because Denver will be one of the clubs most interested in trying to sign Byrd also. I really don't want him ending up a Donkey!!

ForeverChiefs58
03-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Bad news. Seems like Tampa would have the most influence

Where will Jairus Byrd land?

The possibility of a reunion with Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine is real. The connection with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is even more obvious after Lovie Smith hired Jairus' father, Gill, as cornerbacks coach. If Byrd wants to play for a winner, though, why not team up with former college coach Chip Kelly? Having locked up their offensive nucleus, it would behoove the Eagles to add a difference-maker such as Byrd in the secondary.

OldSchool
03-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Bad news. Seems like Tampa would have the most influence

Where will Jairus Byrd land?

The possibility of a reunion with Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine is real. The connection with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is even more obvious after Lovie Smith hired Jairus' father, Gill, as cornerbacks coach. If Byrd wants to play for a winner, though, why not team up with former college coach Chip Kelly? Having locked up their offensive nucleus, it would behoove the Eagles to add a difference-maker such as Byrd in the secondary.

No way Tampa signs Byrd after just getting Goldson last season. They also still have Mark Barron in the fold as well. Do they let Barron go or cut Goldson and take a big hit financially?

beach tribe
03-07-2014, 01:48 AM

The Byrd is the word!

Sign him yesterday.
Like I said earlier, as well, I truly believe S to be a position worthy of sinking big dollars in today's NFL.

beach tribe
03-07-2014, 01:50 AM
I think its a lot easier for a young safety to jump right in and be effective than it is for a young receiver.

If they have the speed needed, most certainly. If a player has to rely on his instincts and technique it could take a little longer. A lot of speed can go a looong way at FS though.

beach tribe
03-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Would you think of bringing in Bailey on a 1 year vet deal to see if he could compete for the FS position? He still has his instincts and tackling ability, just not the speed to hang 1 on 1 with #1 WRs in the league anymore.

I think he's done, son.

beach tribe
03-07-2014, 01:53 AM
It doesn't appear that this math is correct, or I'm not understanding the situation correctly... I thought the $2.3 MIL credit gets added to the $9.64 MIL they have to spend? Also, this figure is without them making any cap-saving moves or restructures, correct? If so, it's not all "that" bad.

I really hope those dumb asses don't hand out a bunch of stupid, market inflating contracts.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
No way Tampa signs Byrd after just getting Goldson last season. They also still have Mark Barron in the fold as well. Do they let Barron go or cut Goldson and take a big hit financially?

Exactly. Tampa has even less room for Byrd than we do, realistically.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Let's bring in all of the vet OL guys who will be cheap and let them battle it out for a starting spot on our roster.

I am kind of warming up to Rokevious Watkins now though. Good talent, just poor discipline when it came to his diet.

MotherfuckerJones
03-07-2014, 07:47 AM
I'd also sign Devin Hester cheap

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-07-2014, 07:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As we look at potential landing spots for Devin Hester, consider he’s still very close with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> ST coach Dave Toub from their Chi days</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/441910321230266368">March 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Oh shiiiiitttt....

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-07-2014, 07:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> spent 20.8M salary/cash in 2013 on the corner position, 2nd highest in the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFL&amp;src=hash">#NFL</a>. Only 1 of 5 @ end of season was starter quality.</p>&mdash; Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/statuses/441747595430330368">March 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

Ouch

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> spent 20.8M salary/cash in 2013 on the corner position, 2nd highest in the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFL&amp;src=hash">#NFL</a>. Only 1 of 5 @ end of season was starter quality.</p>&mdash; Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/statuses/441747595430330368">March 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

Ouch

Who said our corners sucked? Me. That's right. Can't pass rush if you're not given at least a 2 second window to get there.

Mugsy
03-07-2014, 08:03 AM
This is probably unrealistic but I would like to have Sam Shields, CB, Green Bay. I'd have him lock down the nickel spot and never look back. It's unrealistic because he probably wants to play outside but, he's the best nickel in the game imo and we play the nickel a lot. He also won't be cheap.

I'd move Flowers to FS. We signed three big corners last year and I don't Flowers fits anymore. It's obvious we are modeling ourselves after Seattle and he could play that Earl Thomas role. He's smart, sticks to assignments, and can tackle. He's fast enough. Hell, Byrd only ran a 4.66 forty at the combine. FS is about smarts and positioning more than speed imo. I think he could do it. Cooper, Smith, Shields, Flowers, and Berry would be a nice nickel package.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 08:05 AM
This is probably unrealistic but I would like to have Sam Shields, CB, Green Bay. I'd have him lock down the nickel spot and never look back. It's unrealistic because he probably wants to play outside but, he's the best nickel in the game imo and we play the nickel a lot. He also won't be cheap.

I'd move Flowers to FS. We signed three big corners last year and I don't Flowers fits anymore. It's obvious we are modeling ourselves after Seattle and he could play that Earl Thomas role. He's smart, sticks to assignments, and can tackle. He's fast enough. Hell, Byrd only ran a 4.66 forty at the combine. FS is about smarts and positioning more than speed imo. I think he could do it. Cooper, Smith, Shields, Flowers, and Berry would be a nice nickel package.

Shields is an outside corner, not a nickle CB. He plays the same spot that Sean Smith plays. I'd take a look at Brown too. If you want a great nickle corner then go after Munnerlyn.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Cut everyone but Cooper.

Mugsy
03-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Shields is an outside corner, not a nickle CB. He plays the same spot that Sean Smith plays. I'd take a look at Brown too. If you want a great nickle corner then go after Munnerlyn.

True, Shields is outside now but he was the best nickel in the game before he moved. I like Munnerlyn but I don't think he fits the mold of what they want.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 08:22 AM
True, Shields is outside now but he was the best nickel in the game before he moved. I like Munnerlyn but I don't think he fits the mold of what they want.

We've talked to both EJ Gaines and Verrett about playing in the slot. Pretty sure Munnerlyn fits that role.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-07-2014, 08:23 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Devin Hester will have options, but <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> No. 1 focus is to re-sign Dexter McCluster. If that doesn&#39;t happen, maybe Hester in play in KC.</p>&mdash; Jeff Dickerson (@ESPNChiBears) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNChiBears/statuses/441941060596408320">March 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Devin Hester will have options, but <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> No. 1 focus is to re-sign Dexter McCluster. If that doesn't happen, maybe Hester in play in KC.</p>&mdash; Jeff Dickerson (@ESPNChiBears) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNChiBears/statuses/441941060596408320">March 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

:Lin: Please God can we move on from McCluster?

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Who said our corners sucked? Me. That's right. Can't pass rush if you're not given at least a 2 second window to get there.

That's a bit misleading though. Yes, Robinson sucked. Smith isn't great but to say he "isn't starter quality" is a bit hyperbolic.

And then there's Cooper. I like Riddick but giving up on the guy, especially after the first half of the season he had, is beyond stupid.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Snuff Zone‏@Snuff_Zone·12 mins
B.J. Raji is expected to turn down the Packers one year deal at 4 million.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 08:41 AM
That's a bit misleading though. Yes, Robinson sucked. Smith isn't great but to say he "isn't starter quality" is a bit hyperbolic.

And then there's Cooper. I like Riddick but giving up on the guy, especially after the first half of the season he had, is beyond stupid.

Yeah, I know. I just really hope we bring in 1 or 2 guys for insurance next season though. I fully expect Cooper to take a step up in his game and be more consistent next season. He was doing quite well for a while, but that was when he was able to take advantage of QBs who were either equally as inexperienced, or just not good.

Sean Smith was pretty solid for the most part. He's not going to shut anyone down, but he's going to do his job and prevent a lot of plays from happening on his side. He also runs hot and cold though.

The one I have the biggest issue with is FLowers. You can't be paying someone that kind of money if they're not playing like a #1 cover corner. They don't have to be Revis, but they need to be at least on par with the next tier of guys (Haden, Peterson, Grimes, etc).

ForeverChiefs58
03-07-2014, 10:40 AM
@RavensInsider: It's been clear for a very long time that Arthur Jones will get paid in free agency, expected to draw hefty offers Ravens won't compete with

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
@RavensInsider: It's been clear for a very long time that Arthur Jones will get paid in free agency, expected to draw hefty offers Ravens won't compete with

He's gonna be a Colt.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
The Colts just signed Jackson, you think they're gonna drop that much coin on 2 linebackers?

ForeverChiefs58
03-07-2014, 11:50 AM
The Colts just signed Jackson, you think they're gonna drop that much coin on 2 linebackers?

They are also supposed to be favorites to land Decker.

saphojunkie
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Snuff Zone‏@Snuff_Zone·12 mins
B.J. Raji is expected to turn down the Packers one year deal at 4 million.

I'm sorry, why is this not getting more run? Raji and Poe together on the line? Fuck me, that's just sick.

Direckshun
03-07-2014, 12:09 PM

I think they wouldn't not do it, if that makes sense.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Raji isn't that good...I'd MUCH rather have Red Bryant.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 12:10 PM
I think they wouldn't not do it, if that makes sense.

Keep that talk in DC. :p

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry, why is this not getting more run? Raji and Poe together on the line? **** me, that's just sick.

That depends how motivated Raji is. When he got lazy he played like a tackle sled on that D. He was great in his first couple of seasons though.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers
The Boston Globe reports free agent Jermichael Finley is drawing interest from the Jets, Chiefs, Seahawks, Giants, and Steelers.
We're not remotely disputing the report, but it certainly sounds like it came directly from the mouth of Finley's agent. Finley has not been medically cleared to play football after last year's spinal fusion surgery. He does hope to receive clearance by early next week. If Finley gets the green light, he should be seeking one-year, "prove-it" deals. He's still only 27 years old.
Related: Giants, Jets, Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 03:08 PM

A LB at 6'3" and 315 pounds?

Jones is a 5-tech/NT beast. Not a LB, lol. Colts are in dire need of him.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers
The Boston Globe reports free agent Jermichael Finley is drawing interest from the Jets, Chiefs, Seahawks, Giants, and Steelers.
We're not remotely disputing the report, but it certainly sounds like it came directly from the mouth of Finley's agent. Finley has not been medically cleared to play football after last year's spinal fusion surgery. He does hope to receive clearance by early next week. If Finley gets the green light, he should be seeking one-year, "prove-it" deals. He's still only 27 years old.
Related: Giants, Jets, Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks

Doesn't have the greatest hands, which people will get pissed at him for, but we could certainly do worse. Just uncertain how he's going to play if he even is medically cleared. I expect a lot of alligator arms and poor effort over the middle. Wouldn't really blame him for it after that injury.

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
We don't need Raji when Powe is already here for less money, if they'd just start giving that guy some meaningful reps he could really shine... I wish one of these intrepid Star reporters would get their head outta their asses and inquire about just what the problem is with this guy.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 03:14 PM
We don't need Raji when Powe is already here for less money, if they'd just start giving that guy some meaningful reps he could really shine... I wish one of these intrepid Star reporters would get their head outta their asses and inquire about just what the problem is with this guy.

Learning disability. I hope we draft Zach Kerr in the later rounds. He's going to be a good player in this league.

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Learning disability. I hope we draft Zach Kerr in the later rounds. He's going to be a good player in this league.

This isn't rocket surgery, he can play football.

Mr. Laz
03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
HAs to be a problem with coaching and scheme.

There is just no way our secondary shouldn't be able to provide basic coverage.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 03:44 PM
People need to come to terms with the fact that Powe isn't what we hoped he was...

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 03:47 PM
People need to come to terms with the fact that Powe isn't what we hoped he was...

He may never quite reach full time starter status, but why is it that every time he gets in he's making plays?

He applies pressure, makes tackles, pushes the pocket... everything you could want.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 03:51 PM
He may never quite reach full time starter status, but why is it that every time he gets in he's making plays?

He applies pressure, makes tackles, pushes the pocket... everything you could want.

I honestly don't remember seeing him make a play.

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 03:53 PM

Probably the same reason why Abdullah didn't get playing time until late in the season.

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 03:54 PM

Not just saying this to "win"... every time he gets in there I make it a point to watch him closely and he consistently does the things I mentioned earlier.

He's damn near unblockable at times.

Mr. Laz
03-07-2014, 03:55 PM

you were probably too busy bitching about Fisher

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 03:57 PM
you were probably too busy bitching about Fisher

Well Fisher was certainly easier to notice because he was either getting beat like a drum or limping off the field.

O.city
03-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Would Roman Harper be a decent idea as a b/u safety?

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 11:04 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And we’re off. The <a href="https://twitter.com/nfl">@NFL</a>’s three-day (anti-) tampering and negotiating window has begun. Teams and agents can talk, can’t come to terms.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/442344354485510145">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

Titty Meat
03-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Would Roman Harper be a decent idea as a b/u safety?

Dude Roman Harper makes Jerome Woods look like a track star.

BossChief
03-08-2014, 11:27 AM

Didnt watch the SD game?

Chiefshrink
03-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I think he's done, son.

Yes he is and no one is the same especially after a 'lis franc' injury.

Anyong Bluth
03-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry, why is this not getting more run? Raji and Poe together on the line? Fuck me, that's just sick.

That depends how motivated Raji is. When he got lazy he played like a tackle sled on that D. He was great in his first couple of seasons though.

I have little interest in a hot / cold player that has trouble with keeping motivated or dedication to his trade.

Besides Dorsey was around the club and I'm sure is well aware of Hungry Hippo's dirty laundry and baggage.

BossChief
03-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Raji is exactly who some of us thought he would be coming out of college...a guy who will burn you if you count on him long term.

Just look at his history in the 5 years before the NFL and while he has been in the NFL.

Unreliable and very hot/cold.

The pick in 2009 should have been Orakpo or Crabtree.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 11:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Packers DT BJ Raji plans to spend next few days gauging value. Nothing imminent. Could return on 1-year deal depending on interest elsewhere</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/442357428282068992">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

mcaj22
03-08-2014, 11:57 AM
didnt raji only have like 17 tackles last year lol in 16 games

OldSchool
03-08-2014, 12:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000331939/article/davin-joseph-released-by-tampa-bay-buccaneers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers reportedly tried to trade right guard Davin Joseph. However, they were unsuccessful and instead cut the 30-year-old veteran, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The Tampa Bay Times first reported the news.

'ATL Podcast'
The Around The League team hits all the NFL's hottest topics in its award-winning podcast. Join the conversation. Listen
Joseph was set to make $6 million in 2014. Cutting him wipes that number off the Bucs' books.

The former first-round pick had a disastrous season coming off knee surgery that caused him to miss the entire 2012 season. Pro Football Focus, ranked him 80th among 81 qualifying guards in 2013.

He started 99 games and had spent his entire eight-year career in Tampa.

While cutting Joseph is a prudent move for the Bucs, who sat just shy of $19 million under the salary cap prior to the release, it leaves big question marks along the offensive line. New coach Lovie Smith and general manager Jason Licht will be in the market for several linemen when free agency opens on Tuesday.

Betting we bring him in for a look.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2014, 12:32 PM
http://www.imagebam.com/image/48c0a3312939798

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 04:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gonna be cheap. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB">@Rotoworld_FB</a>: Report: Hakeem Nicks open to one-year deal <a href="http://t.co/GpmHwvN5Pj">http://t.co/GpmHwvN5Pj</a></p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/442426377627639808">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

This would be nice

Anyong Bluth
03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Gonna be cheap. RT @Rotoworld_FB: Report: Hakeem Nicks open to one-year deal http://t.co/GpmHwvN5Pj— Evan Silva (@evansilva) March 8, 2014

This would be nice

Ehh, I still say Fuck him after his attitude during the trade deadline where he basically intimated he had no interest in playing for the Chiefs because he thought his skills would go wasted bc our QB wasn't up to his liking.

While I just typed that last paragraph, Eli just threw 3 more interceptions.

Hakeem, you can respectively eat a dick.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 05:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Packers&amp;src=hash">#Packers</a> and Sam Shields may be getting closer to a deal. Perhaps could happen tonight.</p>&mdash; Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/statuses/442448380225409025">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Packers and CB Sam Shields reach four year deal, per league source.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/442449030074097664">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 06:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing Bears, Eagles, Broncos and Falcons showing interest in CAR safety Mike Mitchell.</p>&mdash; Joe Person (@josephperson) <a href="https://twitter.com/josephperson/statuses/442415181792948224">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 06:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rams&amp;src=hash">#Rams</a> were among the teams that inquired today on <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills&amp;src=hash">#Bills</a> S Jairus Byrd, per source. That was a bit unexpected and interesting.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/442461969887424512">March 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Would be ok to sign Nicks on a cheap on year deal, and add a WR in rd 1.

I'd love Byrd but he's gona be way out of our price range

booger
03-08-2014, 07:06 PM
CHIEFS
GM John Dorsey’s thoughts on Chiefs’ pending free agents
March 8
BY TEREZ A. PAYLOR
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs have several unrestricted free agents set to hit the market on Tuesday. Here are Chiefs general manager John Dorsey’s thoughts on a few of them, with each player’s Pro Football Focus grade in parentheses.

• WR Dexter McCluster (7.2, second out of 250 eligible punt returners and minus-0.6, 73rd out of 11 receivers): Dorsey said the Chiefs spoke with McCluster’s representatives before the NFL Combine and expected to talk more later. “I think Dex knows how I feel about him, not only as a person but as a football player. He did some really nice things for us this year, he did some wonderful things for us in the punt-return game.”

• DE Tyson Jackson (14.6, 14th of 45): “I have great admiration for Tyson Jackson. I like his person and I like how he plays the game of football. I would like to see him step up a little bit as a pass rusher, I’d like to see him get some more pressure on the quarterback. With that being said, I think Tyson is a wonderful football player.”

• S Kendrick Lewis (minus-2.8, 52nd of 86): “Kendrick does a great job of being able to communicate the defense. He is like a general out there, and that’s important to have that general back there in getting guys up, getting them orchestrated and I think he does a wonderful job in that regard.’

• S Quintin Demps (7.1 as a kick returner, second out of 250 and minus-4.4, 59th of 86 safeties): “He definitely helped us in the kickoff-return game, he helped us on special teams. And he came in at times in certain packages that we had an produced. That’s all you could ask for with those types of players.”

• LB Akeem Jordan (4.5, 11th out of 55): “Solid. Solid guy. That’s what you expect when you sign a guy like Akeem Jordan. You know what you’re getting everyday, day in and day out.”

• S Husain Abdullah (1.7, 35th out of 171): “Love him. I love the soul, I love how he plays the game, he plays it with his eyes. I have a lot of respect for him.”

Will the Chiefs bring back Asamoah or Schwartz?

Pending free agents Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz both served as the Chiefs’ starting right guard last season, and both performed well according to Pro Football Focus. Asamoah’s grade of 7.9 ranked 20th among 81 eligible guards, while Schwartz’s grade of 15.2 ranked eighth.

But with both players expected to garner significant attention in free agency — Asamoah has been linked to the Jets while Schwartz has been linked to the Bills — it remains to be seen if the Chiefs will be willing to bring either back.

Asamoah, 25, handled being benched last season like a pro, but he was productive as a starter and couldn’t be blamed for choosing a fresh start elsewhere.

As for Schwartz, 27, this offseason represents the best chance he’ll have at financial security. And even if the Chiefs successfully restructure some deals and improve on their $9.62 million in expected cap space, several teams are better positioned financially.

Schwartz likes Kansas City and wants to return, but, like Asamoah, it seems unlikely he will

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/08/4874466/gm-john-dorseys-thoughts-on-chiefs.html

TambaBerry
03-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Lol at what he said about lewis

Titty Meat
03-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Chiefs are going to do nothing.

Easy 6
03-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Lol at what he said about lewis

"He's great at getting everyone lined up, an excellent communicator... other than that he sucks balls".

Mr. Laz
03-08-2014, 11:13 PM
"He's great at getting everyone lined up, an excellent communicator... other than that he sucks balls".
basically LMAO

knows how to call the defense but didn't actually make any plays

I have to wonder how great Lewis is even at when it comes to calling/communicating plays considering how confused and out of sync our secondary looked at times.

BossChief
03-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Out of those quotes, the only one he seems to want back is Abdullah. Its ttoo bad Schwartz wont be back.

Fine by me.

RunKC
03-08-2014, 11:23 PM
hope to God Dorsey doesn't draft an OL round 1. If he's letting Schwartz and Asamoah go, then I expect he's looking at another G in free agency. No way do I want a rookie G starting next year. Look at the fucking DL's we're facing next year.

Anyong Bluth
03-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Out of those quotes, the only one he seems to want back is Abdullah. Its ttoo bad Schwartz wont be back.

Fine by me.

hope to God Dorsey doesn't draft an OL round 1. If he's letting Schwartz and Asamoah go, then I expect he's looking at another G in free agency. No way do I want a rookie G starting next year. Look at the fucking DL's we're facing next year.

So we're back to square one with our OL lineup...

Granted, it's was definitely underwhelming to start the season, but it got better as we progressed overall. In retrospect though, no one jumped out, IMO, as their absence next season would be a critical blow.

I do pray to God if we're going to draft any OL it not be til the later rounds minus somebody that's basically a steal sitting there in round 3. Definitely don't want us to go OL in round 1, but I get the sense we have no intention of doing this anyway.

RunKC
03-09-2014, 12:16 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gonna be cheap. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB">@Rotoworld_FB</a>: Report: Hakeem Nicks open to one-year deal <a href="http://t.co/GpmHwvN5Pj">http://t.co/GpmHwvN5Pj</a></p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/442426377627639808">March 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

This would be nice

Pass. This dude is hurt all the time.

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 01:13 AM
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Watkins, JOhnson, or Kush are goign to be starting for us next year. Either that or another 1st round OL draft pick.

Zach Martin or Joel Bitonio.

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Daryn Colledge is a good option as a vet starter at OG if we can't retain Schwartz or Asamoah. He's still good enough to start and is versatile in that he can also move outside to OT in a pinch. Would only be a short term fix though.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 09:11 AM

basically LMAO

knows how to call the defense but didn't actually make any plays

I have to wonder how great Lewis is even at when it comes to calling/communicating plays considering how confused and out of sync our secondary looked at times.

ROFL Pretty much !!

Lewis is like 'Bill Lumbergh' in the movie 'Office Space'. All talk and no do. Dorsey recognizes it;)

Mugsy
03-09-2014, 09:32 AM
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Watkins, JOhnson, or Kush are goign to be starting for us next year. Either that or another 1st round OL draft pick.

Zach Martin or Joel Bitonio.

Kush should be starting imo. He looked better against San Diego than Hudson has ever looked.

BossChief
03-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Oh, great.

I see Blackbob the uncle sucker is back again.

mcaj22
03-09-2014, 01:41 PM
i have changed my FA expectations to

"Anybody but Antonio Cromartie/Kendrick Lewis, please."

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-09-2014, 01:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>All signs point to LT Branden Albert signing with the Dolphins as early as Tuesday <a href="http://t.co/pmuqboWvlC">http://t.co/pmuqboWvlC</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/442748597692428288">March 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-09-2014, 01:51 PM
He found his special porpoise

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000332127/article/antonio-cromartie-released-by-new-york-jets

The 29-year-old corner's play fell off a cliff last season. In 2013, he ranked 103 out of 110 corners in Pro Football Focus' cornerback grades. For comparison, Cromartie ranked No. 16 in 2012 by the same system.

Cromartie placed some of the blame for his poor play on injuries he suffered last season.

Would bring him in for a look in hopes that he bounces back.

Mugsy
03-10-2014, 08:12 AM
If we can't re-sign Jackson I wouldn't mind bringing Keisel in on a one year deal. He would be a nice stop gap and mentor for Capatano. He's definitely old but he was still good at his job last year. At the very least he'd be a nice rotational player.

I know people generally want to get younger and I feel the same way but we are close. He is a guy that might really be able to contribute that would be pretty cheap.

planetdoc
03-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I dont like the depth at Oline in the 2014 draft. I would like the chiefs to bring in Garrett Reynolds for competition and depth. He was cut by Atlanta (thus wont count toward comp pick formula), has starting experience, is still young, and was rated as 2.8 by PFF (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-guards/) (9th best FA guard). Think he could also be a backup RT.

RunKC
03-10-2014, 08:56 AM
I would love Antonio Smith in red and gold. This guy would be a real difference maker

OldSchool
03-10-2014, 08:58 AM
I would love Antonio Smith in red and gold. This guy would be a real difference maker

I'd honestly rather give Catapano and Bailey a shot.

RunKC
03-10-2014, 10:54 AM
I'd honestly rather give Catapano and Bailey a shot.

Monumentally stupid. Bailey hasn't proven half of his worth that Smith has.

Direckshun
03-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I dont like the depth at Oline in the 2014 draft. I would like the chiefs to bring in Garrett Reynolds for competition and depth. He was cut by Atlanta (thus wont count toward comp pick formula), has starting experience, is still young, and was rated as 2.8 by PFF (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-guards/) (9th best FA guard). Think he could also be a backup RT.

The depth at OL is perfectly fine.

You can find starters in all seven rounds.

Direckshun
03-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Agreed.

Fits our system very well.

OldSchool
03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Monumentally stupid. Bailey hasn't proven half of his worth that Smith has.

For the price tag that Smith may ask for? Not at all. Would people rather we never find out what we have behind our "starters" and just keep drafting guys in the 3rd-5th to just throw them away?

Direckshun
03-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Smith won't cost much. He's on the wrong side of 30.

OldSchool
03-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Smith won't cost much. He's on the wrong side of 30.

I'm just honestly kind of pissed at how backwards Sutton seems to be as a coach. "Let's man up on the outside and never rotate our guys up front. They don't need rest at all."

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-10-2014, 01:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Seems free agent FS Jairus Byrd&#39;s price is already coming down. Initially said to be seeking $9M per year, now reports say $8M annually.</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/443106943737925632">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

O.city
03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I'd give him 8 million.

O.city
03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Brad Biggs‏@BradBiggs·27 mins
Was told last night current price for Jairus Byrd was $8 mil, TJ Ward $7 mil and Donte Whitner $6 mil per season. No idea where it is today.
Expand

O.city
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Some of these high contract guys we've got (Berry, Hali,Bowe etc) better start playing their asses off and be that much better. As much money as they're taking up, they've gotta be damn near invincible.

And some of these young guys being paid peanuts are gonna have to start playing like stars.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Geoff Schwartz - G - Chiefs
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams are showing interest in free agent G/T Geoff Schwartz.
A mauler in the run game, Schwartz stands 6-foot-6, 340 and can play both guard and right tackle, though his best position is inside. The Rams appear to have given up on re-signing Rodger Saffold. Schwartz looks like their "Plan B."
Related: Rams

O.city
03-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Move Hudson to RG and Kush at C?

OldSchool
03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Move Hudson to RG and Kush at C?

Would be the first thing I tried. Next would be to try Watkins and Johnson at RG.

O.city
03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I actually like Hudson at C but you've gotta get a RG somewhere.

O.city
03-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Byrd (Clemons woudl be my pick at S), Sproles and a few other fillers will do I guess.

OldSchool
03-10-2014, 02:32 PM
If Verner signs with Pats or Broncos, it may free up Talib or DRC. Would you take either over our current starters?

BryanBusby
03-10-2014, 02:33 PM
I think I'd be using the lack of cap dollars on something more pressing.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-10-2014, 03:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sounds like he&#39;s going to be cut. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet">@RapSheet</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Panthers&amp;src=hash">#Panthers</a> attempting to trade WR Steve Smith. Given $7M cap number&amp; age (34), seems unlikely.</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/443129036831608832">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-10-2014, 03:54 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Bears trying to deal Julius Peppers <a href="http://t.co/832cMkrwNQ">http://t.co/832cMkrwNQ</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/443142720367120384">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-10-2014, 04:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I said over the weekend that the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> might have interest in Carolina safety Mike Mitchell, but there’s been no movement there, as of now</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/statuses/443146731786498048">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 09:45 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A person with knowledge of the situation tells me the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a> indeed have interest in Devin Hester. But a lot of teams do.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/statuses/443412076866707456">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 09:54 AM
We're not getting into a bidding war for Hester.

Mike Mitchell is intriguing.

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Hester would be a fucking waste of a roster spot. He can't play WR and we don't have a spot to free up just for a KR/PR.

O.city
03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
No to Hester, unless it's the Vet min.

Yes to Sproles

OldSchool
03-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Stevie Brown anyone?

BossChief
03-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Please, don't waste money on Hester...unless its a min deal or close to it.

Titty Meat
03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Mitchell would be a great signing

OldSchool
03-11-2014, 12:20 PM

He plays SS though. Not much different between him and Abdullah IMO.

htismaqe

Wouldn't be bad, that's for sure. And probably quite a bit cheaper than Byrd.

htismaqe
He plays SS though. Not much different between him and Abdullah IMO.

Maybe they plan on moving Berry? I doubt it but one can hope...

OldSchool
03-11-2014, 12:24 PM

If Berry gets back his ability to track the deep ball.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 12:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patriots and WR Julian Edelman were unable to reach a deal today and he will test the market.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/443452105081094144">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

ThaVirus
03-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd take Edelman. He was much closer to replacing Welker than Amendola was..

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 01:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THIS JUST IN: The Bengals have cut C Kyle Cook. He started all 16 games for them last year.</p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/statuses/443466020704256000">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 01:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THIS JUST IN: The Bengals have cut C Kyle Cook. He started all 16 games for them last year.</p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/statuses/443466020704256000">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

WOW.

ThaVirus
03-11-2014, 01:25 PM
GAME CHANGER.

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Interesting....I wonder why.

$5 says he goes to the Vikings.

BryanBusby
03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Interesting....I wonder why.

$5 says he goes to the Vikings.

Because he sucks.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 01:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Browns&amp;src=hash">#Browns</a> reach a deal with Donte Whitner, I’m told it’s expected to be four years for an average of $7M per year.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/443471690513661952">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

BossChief
03-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Strange.

The Browns let Ward walk only to replace him with an older player with a similar price tag.

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Strange.

The Browns let Ward walk only to replace him with an older player with a similar price tag.

Bet Ward gets more than that.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2014, 01:50 PM
man, that's risky.

You really want Berry to have to start learning again?

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 01:50 PM
man, that's risky.

Learning what FFS......You're not moving him from LB to SS to FS. He's played FS before.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 01:52 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Cowboys likely to release DeMarcus Ware, making him free agent. Interest from 4-3 and 3-4 teams expected</p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/statuses/443474424251961344">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

BossChief
03-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Bet Ward gets more than that.

Bill Polian just said his agent is wanting a deal between 8-9 million and he followed it up by saying he will keep wanting that much cause I doubt he gets it.

rico
03-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Arrowhead Addict ‏@ArrowheadAddict · now
I’m ok with this. RT @fansided: TRENDING: NFL Rumors: Jared Allen wants to sign with Packers http://bit.ly/1lvBU9X pic.twitter.com/fsiNsoOY8D

Mr. Laz
03-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Learning what FFS......You're not moving him from LB to SS to FS. He's played FS before.
Where the fuck do you think he's been playing for us?

He's basically been a weakside linebacker.

Now you are going to move him back 15 yards and ask him to read the routes and the QB then break on the ball. Moving from the box to playing almost completely in space. Different job, completely different angles,calling coverages.

Berry should have been a FS from day 1 but moving him now is a big risk.

htismaqe
man, that's risky.

He's played FS before. It's actually more of his natural position.

rico
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · now
Jets were unable to work a deal with emerging T Austin Howard, and he is hitting the market

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Now you are going to move him back 15 yards and ask him to read the routes and the QB then break on the ball. Moving from the box to playing almost completely in space. Different job, completely different angles,calling coverages.

So is changing 4/5 of your starting offensive line but they're apparently going to do it.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per source: Looks like Darren McFadden will sign/agree to Oakland&#39;s 1 year offer. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&amp;src=hash">#Raiders</a></p>&mdash; Fallon Smith (@FallonSmithCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FallonSmithCSN/statuses/443473351000879104">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 01:57 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per source: Looks like Darren McFadden will sign/agree to Oakland's 1 year offer. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&amp;src=hash">#Raiders</a></p>&mdash; Fallon Smith (@FallonSmithCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FallonSmithCSN/statuses/443473351000879104">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

Nobody else was interested apparently.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-11-2014, 01:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Falcons Pro Bowl safety Thomas Decoud to be released by 4 pm EST, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/443476074882936835">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

rico
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · now
Falcons Pro Bowl safety Thomas Decoud to be released by 4 pm EST, per source.

The Franchise

Once again....he's done all of that shit before. It wouldn't be a completely new position to him.

rico
03-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · now
among the first deals that will be announced - B.Albert (MIA), M. Johnson (TB).