PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Ticket Prices Raised

wazu
01-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Seems like usually there is a story in the Star each year about season ticket prices increasing or occasionally remaining flat, but didn't see one this year. I went to renew and found my tickets increased by 15%. These were lower level, so maybe it's one of those things where they subtract it from nosebleed prices and call it "even". Anybody else see big changes?

Trevo_410
01-22-2014, 10:25 AM
ˇ!ˇFuck capitalism!!!!ˇ

Halfcan
01-22-2014, 10:26 AM
I don't really care- they won't get any more of my cash until they stop choking in the playoffs.

All tickets should be half price after that EPIC and HISTORIC choke job.

greatgooglymoogly
01-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Couldn't afford to go before, can't afford to go now.

Mojo Jojo
01-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Mark Donovan was on the radio Monday, I think, talking about the increase. One of the TV stations also did a story on it.

WakkaWakka
01-22-2014, 10:30 AM
We can't win a playoff game for 21 years, but we'll damn sure raise our ticket and parking prices! -Chiefs 2014 slogan

GordonGekko
01-22-2014, 10:31 AM
I don't really care- they won't get any more of my cash until they stop choking in the playoffs.

All tickets should be half price after that EPIC and HISTORIC choke job.

This.

I haven't purchased anything Chiefs or NFL merchandise in a very long time. They've pretty much lost my business, just like when I got a silly ticket for a U-turn in a mall lot I now will never ever spend anymore money in that mall or that particular side of town again. It's all capitalism and choice.

loochy
01-22-2014, 10:32 AM
bump it up until attendance suffers.

find the sweet spot

Mr. Laz
01-22-2014, 10:32 AM
dammit, Peehoolii! :cuss:

GordonGekko
01-22-2014, 10:33 AM

find the sweet spot

Problem is you don't want a JAX type scenario. LA sits empty and waiting.

greatgooglymoogly
01-22-2014, 10:33 AM

find the sweet spot

...or bump it up until there are two rings of attendance: one right by the field of play and the other at the top of the nosebleeds. /missouristatebasketball

Garcia Bronco
01-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Did you know that you guys had the best offensive output of the playoffs still?

Throw down on your Chiefs and pony up the cash

loochy
01-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Problem is you don't want a JAX type scenario. LA sits empty and waiting.

well don't let it go that far, obviously.

adjust year after year until you hit maximized profit

J Diddy
01-22-2014, 10:35 AM
This.

I haven't purchased anything Chiefs or NFL merchandise in a very long time. They've pretty much lost my business, just like when I got a silly ticket for a U-turn in a mall lot I now will never ever spend anymore money in that mall or that particular side of town again. It's all capitalism and choice.

Damn malls not letting you pull u turns and such.

GordonGekko
01-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Damn malls not letting you pull u turns and such.

Highway robbery, or rather mall lot robbery

Big Poppa Payne
01-22-2014, 10:41 AM
This.

The state of Iowa did the same shit to me, they mailed me a ticket for an illegal U turn 6 months after it happened. I called them to complain about it and they said you don't have to pay it if you don't want too, we'll just turn it over to collections and they will put it on your credit. They've got us by the balls with these stupid fucking cameras.

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 10:42 AM
How many pounds will the Liverpool Chiefs charge?

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
The state of Iowa did the same shit to me, they mailed me a ticket for an illegal U turn 6 months after it happened. I called them to complain about it and they said you don't have to pay it if you don't want too, we'll just turn it over to collections and they will put it on your credit. They've got us by the balls with these stupid ****ing cameras.

What city was it by?

Big Poppa Payne
01-22-2014, 10:45 AM
What city was it by?

Des Moines

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Des Moines

This state definitely uses it as a revenue maker

taterhog
01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Mine went from $80 to I think $90. Parking didn't change that I noticed anyway.

Fish
01-22-2014, 11:49 AM
My season tickets went up $100.

I believe $350 is the cheapest ticket package now.

Still trying to decide whether I want to renew....

Jimmya
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Don't renew!

Cornstock
01-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Des Moines

Mofoing Windsor Heights area of Des Moines is the worst. They're crooked, I tell you.

stonedstooge
01-22-2014, 12:35 PM
ALICE NEEDS PAID BITCHES

Cornstock
01-22-2014, 12:37 PM
I wonder what economics brought them to the 15% increase. I mean, if you account for inflation which is typically assumed at 3% per year then where is the other 12% coming from? or were there just 4 other years of frozen increases so they assumed they could catch it all back up at once this year.

wazu
01-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Don't renew!

Too late. In all honesty, the face value was way, way, below market value this past season. Stubhub tickets were going for 2 and 3 times face value for some games. Demand seems to be back to a level I haven't seen since the 90s. Kind of goes against what we keep hearing about how everybody wants to stay at home.

Superbowltrashcan
01-22-2014, 12:43 PM
I am in section 314 9th row and mine went down from $390 to $300. Thanks Clark! Seriously I had to call them and make sure something wasn't screwed up.

cosmo20002
01-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Too late. In all honesty, the face value was way, way, below market value this past season. Stubhub tickets were going for 2 and 3 times face value for some games. Demand seems to be back to a level I haven't seen since the 90s. Kind of goes against what we keep hearing about how everybody wants to stay at home.

A huge part of that was winning the first 9 games. We likely won't see 9-0 again, and I don't think we'll see that kind of demand again.

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2014, 12:49 PM
winning costs a lot more $ than losing... plus, every owner knows that when the team does well, there's justification to raise the price of tickets.

wazu
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM
A huge part of that was winning the first 9 games. We likely won't see 9-0 again, and I don't think we'll see that kind of demand again.

Oh how you underestimate true fans. Andy Reid will have them competitive. Regular season wins will happen. Tickets will be sold. And if we can just get 43 more Pro Bowlers without losing any of the ones we already have we may one day find ourselves in a position to see the Chiefs win a wild card game.

taterhog
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM

We also have a "sexy" home schedule this year. If we win games, maybe not at a 9-0 click, but if we win and give the good teams a hell of a fight, people will still pay strong secondary prices for the most part.

Eureka
01-22-2014, 12:55 PM
What do lower section seats cost in arrowhead?

I pay 61$ per seat for front row seats @ the Coliseium.

I assume 9ers tickets will go up in price significantly since they have a new stadium!

wazu
01-22-2014, 12:57 PM

I assume 9ers tickets will go up in price significantly since they have a new stadium!

$61? Are you talking about A's games? You must be talking about A's games.

Eureka
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
$61? Are you talking about A's games? You must be talking about A's games.

I'm talking about Raider games! My total cost actually went down cause of the Raiders being a home team in London. Also I sit about 10ft to the left of the goal post(endzone seats). 50 yard line tickets are 93$.

10$ for A's tickets sometimes. Giants tickets are 100+ for nose bleeds but has a better venue.

cosmo20002
01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I am in section 314 9th row and mine went down from $390 to $300. Thanks Clark! Seriously I had to call them and make sure something wasn't screwed up.

That's amazing. Shows how soft the market really is.
Not that long ago they had 5 or 6 ticket prices maybe 2 in the lower level, Club, and 2 in the upper level.

I haven't seen the new rates, but last year there were 13 rates--4 lower level rates, 3 club and 6 upper level. The really cheap seats used to just be a tiny area in the upper corners. Now it's basically the top half of the upper sideline and all of the upper end zone.

Your Sec. 314 seats were 590 each in 2010. Now they're down to 300! That's amazing.

EDIT: Found an older rate sheet. In 2007, those Sec. 314 seats were 780 each!
The very cheapest seats were a couple rows in the uppers corners 490 each.

Fish
01-22-2014, 01:10 PM

I don't believe you.

BossChief
01-22-2014, 01:10 PM
The state of Iowa did the same shit to me, they mailed me a ticket for an illegal U turn 6 months after it happened. I called them to complain about it and they said you don't have to pay it if you don't want too, we'll just turn it over to collections and they will put it on your credit. They've got us by the balls with these stupid ****ing cameras.

Yeah, I'm sick of them. On the interstate, if you go 11mph over the speed limit here they send you a ticket for 75 dollars.

I went out and bought a new garmin a few months back because it gives you alerts before you come p to one of the areas with cameras.

cosmo20002
01-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Oh how you underestimate true fans. Andy Reid will have them competitive. Regular season wins will happen. Tickets will be sold. And if we can just get 43 more Pro Bowlers without losing any of the ones we already have we may one day find ourselves in a position to see the Chiefs win a wild card game.

I'm talking about the 2-3 times face value type of demand. I'm just saying that a couple early loses will kill a lot of demand. Going 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 creates a lot of hype and demand that's just not there when they are 4-2.

Halfcan
01-22-2014, 02:40 PM

ROFL I am sure they are worth every penny-especially the last home game with the Chiefs. You witnessed history from the front row-lol

Halfcan
01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
I sat in the Cheap seats at arrowhead last year against the Texans- sucks to have to walk 200 steps every time to get a beer and return the used beer. Rather watch at home for free.

Just Passin' By
01-22-2014, 02:50 PM

Tell them it wasn't you behind the wheel, and demand to see the evidence.

Rausch
01-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Competitive/lost playoff game[truefangif]

kepp
01-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Couldn't afford to go before, can't afford to go now.

This right here.

Eureka
01-22-2014, 02:56 PM
ROFL I am sure they are worth every penny-especially the last home game with the Chiefs. You witnessed history from the front row-lol

Wasn't a horrible game! Even though the Raiders lost they stormed back and almost tied the game. Lots of TD's scored and I had a good time. I get to watch the chiefs every year so I know the team somewhat!

Chiefs fans would love my seats. The chiefs players warm up 10ft in front of me and will jab w us a little.

LoneWolf
01-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Tell them it wasn't you behind the wheel, and demand to see the evidence.

Doesn't matter.

Halfcan
01-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Wasn't a horrible game! Even though the Raiders lost they stormed back and almost tied the game. Lots of TD's scored and I had a good time. I get to watch the chiefs every year so I know the team somewhat!

Chiefs fans would love my seats. The chiefs players warm up 10ft in front of me and will jab w us a little.

My dad and his girlfriend sat very close to there a few years back. They actually said the fans were very nice to them-and yes they had red on-lol

It might have been because we were getting are asses kicked on the field that they were so wel behaved. ;) But they loved the seats and had a nice day of it.

Coach
01-22-2014, 05:12 PM
winning costs a lot more $ than losing... plus, every owner knows that when the team does well, there's justification to raise the price of tickets.

But it doesn't justify the fact that the Chiefs haven't been a consistent winners to warrant a ticket price raise.

Not to mention the 21 years of without a playoff win.

Marcellus
01-22-2014, 05:21 PM
But it doesn't justify the fact that the Chiefs haven't been a consistent winners to warrant a ticket price raise.

Not to mention the 21 years of without a playoff win.

So by that logic the Chiefs couldn't raise ticket prices once in the last 20 years? Yea thats not going to happen so guess what, ticket prices will go up as costs go up and demand goes up.

If they have a really hard time selling tickets they may flatline the price for a while but thats not going to happen so the price goes up.

That's called capitalism.

My health insurance sure as hell hasn't improved the last 10 years but its gone up about 30%.

TribalElder
01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
LMAO

I cancelled my tickets last year before the season started.

I will not be purchasing tickets this year either

Eleazar
01-22-2014, 05:28 PM
I wonder what economics brought them to the 15% increase. I mean, if you account for inflation which is typically assumed at 3% per year then where is the other 12% coming from? or were there just 4 other years of frozen increases so they assumed they could catch it all back up at once this year.

The increase from 2-14 to 11-5

Coach
01-22-2014, 05:30 PM
So by that logic the Chiefs couldn't raise ticket prices once in the last 20 years? Yea thats not going to happen so guess what, ticket prices will go up as costs go up and demand goes up.

If they have a really hard time selling tickets they may flatline the price for a while but thats not going to happen so the price goes up.

That's called capitalism.

My health insurance sure as hell hasn't improved the last 10 years but its gone up about 30%.

And Capitalism can blow me. Demand hasn't really gone up a lot, especially during the end of the season, where I could easily spot empty seats on the nosebleed and some lower levels.

I'd rather have them be more consistent with their 11-5 record than to be bi-polar of going 2-14, 4-12, 10-6, 7-9, 2-14, and 11-5. Simply put, if they can make it into the playoffs two years in a row, then I'd say that's justified to raise them. Consistency.

They shouldn't raise prices because they haven't amount to shit anyways. And as far as I'm aware of, ticket prices does not fix into the salary cap. Oh well, this type of practice will more likely encourage people to just say "You know what? Fuck it, I'm not going to pay $X,XXX a year (without parking fees, concession fees, etc) where I could just stay at home, and watch it on my 60" flatscreen TV in my living room."

Superbowltrashcan
01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't believe you.

Wanna bet? How about if you are wrong you jailbreak and XBMC my 1st Gen Apple TV. If I am wrong, you can have my ticket to any single home game ofyour choice for next year.

Gotta deal?

Eleazar
01-22-2014, 05:37 PM
And Capitalism can blow me. Demand hasn't really gone up a lot, especially during the end of the season, where I could easily spot empty seats on the nosebleed and some lower levels.

I'd rather have them be more consistent with their 11-5 record than to be bi-polar of going 2-14, 4-12, 10-6, 7-9, 2-14, and 11-5. Simply put, if they can make it into the playoffs two years in a row, then I'd say that's justified to raise them. Consistency.

Based on the packed stadiums year in and year out, it would appear that you are in the minority

Deberg_1990
01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Supply and demand. They know people will continue to pay the prices, so they do what any business would do.

Superbowltrashcan
01-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Only 25 different price choices...ROFL

Deberg_1990
01-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Based on the packed stadiums year in and year out, it would appear that you are in the minority

I don't even think owners are as concerned as much with having a packed stadium anymore, because of all the TV money.

The league has grown in popularity obviously over the past 20-25 years, but I wonder if average game attendance has gone down as TV coverage has become so good? I would like to see some numbers.

cosmo20002
01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't even think owners are as concerned as much with having a packed stadium anymore, because of all the TV money.

The league has grown in popularity obviously over the past 20-25 years, but I wonder if average game attendance has gone down as TV coverage has become so good? I would like to see some numbers.

I don't know what the overall league picture is, but the Chiefs are obviously having trouble selling tickets. Sideline lower level and sideline uppers in the low rows have gone up some, but less-premium locations have dropped dramatically.

In an earlier post I mentioned that some upper level seats that in 2007 were $780 for the season are now $300. And it's not just upper, upper corners. These are pretty decent seats, and there's a lot of them.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't know what the overall league picture is, but the Chiefs are obviously having trouble selling tickets. Sideline lower level and sideline uppers in the low rows have gone up some, but less-premium locations have dropped dramatically.

In an earlier post I mentioned that some upper level seats that in 2007 were $780 for the season are now $300. And it's not just upper, upper corners. These are pretty decent seats, and there's a lot of them.

I would guess there are quite a few teams struggling to sellout each week.

Honestly, this is just me, but I'd rather pay for a Sunday Ticket season than pay to sit in the upper level or upper corners at Arrowhead.

Fish
01-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Wanna bet? How about if you are wrong you jailbreak and XBMC my 1st Gen Apple TV. If I am wrong, you can have my ticket to any single home game ofyour choice for next year.

Gotta deal?

No, those boxes are a pain in the ass.

Your ticket should be more than that. What gives? Give me your secret and get my tickets lowered, and I'll jailbreak your AppleTV.

The Bad Guy
01-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Don't renew!

Yeah, because it was so awesome when Arrowhead was a ghost town last year.

Simply Red
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
dammit, Peehoolii! :cuss:

OK That was good! ROFL

TribalElder
01-22-2014, 07:10 PM
To be fair I would not be surprised to see some prime time games at arrowhead this year

Superbowltrashcan
01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
No, those boxes are a pain in the ass.

Your ticket should be more than that. What gives? Give me your secret and get my tickets lowered, and I'll jailbreak your AppleTV.

Evidently they lowered the price on a specific set of sections in the endzone areas. Pricing is all over the place. 4 rows in front of us goes to $540. Just three sections over the same row is still $390. Fish where are your seats? How many do you have? I know they have a whole row of seats open in Section 315 (row 14 I think) and they are $300 a pop as well.

Like I said in an earlier post, there are literally 25 face value price points. Like buying a fridge at Best Buy.....

01-22-2014, 08:48 PM
$25 seats last year are now $30 and $35. I was going to get ST but I can see the price increase coming each year now. oh but it is only an extra $5-10 per game. No big deal. Next thing you know, your $250 ST just went to $450.

Fish
01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Evidently they lowered the price on a specific set of sections in the endzone areas. Pricing is all over the place. 4 rows in front of us goes to $540. Just three sections over the same row is still $390. Fish where are your seats? How many do you have? I know they have a whole row of seats open in Section 315 (row 14 I think) and they are $300 a pop as well.

Like I said in an earlier post, there are literally 25 face value price points. Like buying a fridge at Best Buy.....

Sec 344 Row 25.

Going to be $350 next year.

I'll have to see if there's 3 seats over there. I like endzone upper level..

Thanks.

Superbowltrashcan
01-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Sec 344 Row 25.

Going to be $350 next year.

I'll have to see if there's 3 seats over there. I like endzone upper level..

Thanks.
We like it. See both sidelines. Nice view of the bigger video board. The ability to see plays unfold is so much better. Plus the bathroom is just below us and not as many folks per urinal/stall. The only real problem is for some reason people think they can cut across our row to go up a row to their seats. Pisses me off every time. Guess I'm getting old...

Now about that Jailbreak....