PDA

View Full Version : Poop Teen fired for wearing Donkey jersey

POND_OF_RED
01-22-2014, 11:22 AM
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Teen-fired-after-wearing-Broncos-jersey-241386031.html

Nathaniel Wentz has football in his blood. He and his dad have bonded over the victories and heartbreaks on the gridiron since Nathaniel was just 3 years old.
"I’m a die hard," said Nathaniel.
"We're very passionate about it," added his father, Randall.
On Sunday those passions were tested when Nathaniel was told to go home and change his shirt after coming to work in a Denver Broncos jersey. He says the manager at the Odyssey 1 family entertainment center in Tacoma invited employees to wear jerseys to work on game day to show off their team spirit. Apparently, however, he only meant Seahawks jerseys.
"I thought, wow. Really?" said the elder Wentz.

The father says he asked to talk to the owner, who didn’t call back, so Nathaniel stayed home. The next day he found out he had been fired.
"It was all about you can’t. You can’t represent your team. There’s something wrong with that," said Nathaniel.
The 17-year-old high school quarterback says he was technically fired for not returning to work on Sunday. It turns out, however, you can be fired in Washington for wearing a Broncos jersey, even a Seahawks jersey, if the boss doesn’t like it.
"It's a petty move on the part of the employer," said staunch Seahawks fan Patrick Leo McGuigan of HKM Employment Attorneys in Seattle. But even he says employers do have the right to restrict what you wear. "An employer has a common law right to terminate for no cause, good cause or a cause that’s morally wrong, as the courts like to point out."

Even in a city awash in Seahawks blue, however, Nathanial is finding support among Seattleites to wear his Bronco orange.
"I think it’s crazy," said Hawks fan Bernie Crump, as he waited in line outside Century Link Field to pick up his Super Bowl tickets. "We’re civilized here. It’s not like we live in Philadelphia!"
Management at Odyssey 1 refused to talk about the situation on the record Tuesday.
As for Nathaniel, he lost his job, but he says at least he won’t have to worry about working on Super Bowl Sunday.

Sounds like insubordination to me but what do I know. I wasn't raised as a crybaby donkey fan...

rico
01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Serves him right. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Dress code, bitch

Mr. Arrowhead
01-22-2014, 11:25 AM
ha good!

01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
He'll have a DUI within 5 years

Easy 6
01-22-2014, 11:27 AM
It was the right call, I'm fine with this.

TEX
01-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Dress code, bitch

This.

Kman34
01-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Nathaniel Wentz ...Sounds gay

RealSNR
01-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Your business is trying to make money. If you wear something that takes away from that operation, you can go fuck yourself.

Big Poppa Payne
01-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Nathaniel is lucky he only lost his job and didn't lose his teeth.

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Nathaniel is lucky he only lost his job and didn't get shot.

FYP

Jimmya
01-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Dress code for life!

rico
01-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Your business is trying to make money. If you wear something that takes away from that operation, you can go **** yourself.

Awesome! I've got a bunch of my Donk fan friends whining about this on facebook today. I want to chime in with something other than, "serves him right, hopefully he learned his lesson" for I know they will just strike back with something along the lines of, "butt-hurt Chiefs fan, derpity-dooooo!"

I'm going to use this.

wazu
01-22-2014, 11:39 AM
His father called them? WTF is that? Tells me the kid is probably a coddled little nancy boy with the kind of parents that call his boss.

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 11:44 AM
His father called them? WTF is that? Tells me the kid is probably a coddled little nancy boy with the kind of parents that call his boss.

Well, he is a donkey fan...

Donger
01-22-2014, 11:46 AM
If the employees were invited to wear jerseys that day, I don't understand the comments above.

TimBone
01-22-2014, 11:51 AM
If the employees were invited to wear jerseys that day, I don't understand the comments above.

It's because fuck the Broncos.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Your business is trying to make money. If you wear something that takes away from that operation, you can go **** yourself.

This is petty bullshit. If he didn't want them to wear opposing colors, he should have said so up front. His business wouldn't have taken a hit because of this. There would have been a lot of ribbing to the employee, but nothing major. On the flip side, his business MIGHT take a hit because of the bad press.

As a semi-related anecdote, my wife routinely wears whatever team is playing against Auburn or Alabama. She owns most of the SEC shirts except those two. And she's in sales. She's also, even in football season, the top sales person in her department and generally top 15 in her region. She always gets some good-natured harassment when she wears the rival team's colors, but it never affects her ability to sell. And the people down here are as rabid about their team as any I've ever seen.

Fish
01-22-2014, 11:53 AM
The 17-year-old high school quarterback says he was technically fired for not returning to work on Sunday.

Well WTF?

Kman34
01-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Nathaniel: " Daddy there's a mean guy at work that won't let me wear my Payton Manning jersey. If I can't wear it to work I'll just die!"

Dad: "Pussy.... Go to work"

Nathaniel: "WAAAAAAAA"

Dad: " Fine....Shut the fuck up I'll call your boss"

Nathaniel: "Yay, Can we play Dungeons and Dragons after?"

Eleazar
01-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Stay down, breech

POND_OF_RED
01-22-2014, 11:56 AM
The fact of the matter is that he was asked to change, didn't do it and instead cried at home with his daddy. He wasn't fired for his jersey, he was fired for not coming back to work.

loochy
01-22-2014, 11:59 AM
good

douchebag

Donger
01-22-2014, 12:00 PM
The fact of the matter is that he was asked to change, didn't do it and instead cried at home with his daddy. He wasn't fired for his jersey, he was fired for not coming back to work.

Sure, but it was kind of a dick move by the owner, too.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 12:02 PM

This.

At 17, how many of you would have said, "well screw him, I just won't go to work?" I might have, too. At 17, we sometimes make decisions based on the fact that we're all raging assholes at that age.

alpha_omega
01-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Sounds to me like he got axed for not going back to work.

chaz
01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Who would want to work at a place that doesn't recognize greatness anyway?

Easy 6
01-22-2014, 12:04 PM

Its fun to yuck about, but this is true.

rico
01-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Sure, but it was kind of a Donger move by the kid.

Fyp.

Carlota69
And a fucking coward move. What, cant handle an opposing teams colors? Why not? There isnt a game if there isnt 2 teams. Let the little fucker wear his ugly ass jersey, and give him shit, have fun with it, not be a total douchebag baby about it. I understand the kid seems like a baby for running to his father, but the boss not wanting another teams color in the building is worse cuz hes suppose to be the adult.

rico
Its fun to yuck about, but this is true.

This. :)

POND_OF_RED
01-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Total dick move on the owners part. That being said don't run to every news outlet telling them you were fired for your jersey when that's simply not the truth.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 12:11 PM
And a ****ing coward move. What, cant handle an opposing teams colors? Why not? There isnt a game if there isnt 2 teams. Let the little ****er wear his ugly ass jersey, and give him shit, have fun with it, not be a total douchebag baby about it. I understand the kid seems like a baby for running to his father, but the boss not wanting another teams color in the building is worse cuz hes suppose to be the adult.

We're making a false assumption by saying he went running to his father. Perhaps he went home, and his dad said "Why are you home?" So the kid told him. It pissed off his dad, who then on his own account called the store.

Easy 6
01-22-2014, 12:11 PM
This. :)

Some employer out there will take pity and contact the kid, he'll land on his feet I'm sure.

Carlota69
01-22-2014, 12:13 PM
We're making a false assumption by saying he went running to his father. Perhaps he went home, and his dad said "Why are you home?" So the kid told him. It pissed off his dad, who then on his own account called the store.

Agreed, but even if he did, hes a kid, not the adult. But you are correct, we are assuming he was being a pansy.:thumb:

KCUnited
01-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Can't blame a guy for not wanting Crisco residue left all over his place of business.

ct
01-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Kid got what he asked for, and the manager will too

kc rush
01-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Agreed, but even if he did, hes a kid, not the adult. But you are correct, we are assuming he was being a pansy.:thumb:

He is a donk fan, of course he is a pansy.

Fish
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
And a fucking coward move. What, cant handle an opposing teams colors? Why not? There isnt a game if there isnt 2 teams. Let the little fucker wear his ugly ass jersey, and give him shit, have fun with it, not be a total douchebag baby about it. I understand the kid seems like a baby for running to his father, but the boss not wanting another teams color in the building is worse cuz hes suppose to be the adult.

It doesn't really have to be about the owner's feelings at all. It could simply be that the owner thought that a Bronco jersey in a Washington establishment might drive away customers who are more likely to be Seahawks fans.

Either way, it's the bosses right to manage how he chooses..

Carlota69
01-22-2014, 12:27 PM
It doesn't really have to be about the owner's feelings at all. It could simply be that the owner thought that a Bronco jersey in a Washington establishment might drive away customers who are more likely to be Seahawks fans.

Either way, it's the bosses right to manage how he chooses..

One KID wearing a broncos jersey would drive Seahawks fan away? Then they are a bunch of pussies, and so is the owner.

Radar Chief
01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
That'll learn him.

alpha_omega
01-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Some employer out there will take pity and contact the kid, he'll land on his feet I'm sure.

Maybe he can get a job working for the city of Omaha Omaha Omaha.

Like i said, the kid was fired for not coming back, but it is in fact a dick move by the bossman.

Easy 6
01-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Maybe he can get a job working for the city of Omaha Omaha Omaha.

Like i said, the kid was fired for not coming back, but it is in fact a dick move by the bossman.

Maybe theres a Mutual of Omaha branch in Tacoma.

Gonzo
01-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Jesus... This reminds me of my former employer, (a local utilities provider) getting pissed off at me for wearing my Mizzou polo shirt on "Red Friday" here in Huskerland.

They really got pissy and asked me to not wear it again because it's "bad for morale."

The next day was when Chase hung like, 70 points in Lincoln. I had a great day monday. My exact quote to my boss was, "Looks like the football team effects morale around here more than me wearing a black shirt, huh?"

I quit a few weeks later.

Beef Supreme
01-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Cue the Lifetime movie about this.

BlackHelicopters
01-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Castrate the kid

wazu
01-22-2014, 12:48 PM

Whatever, there are boundaries. Part of getting a job is growing up and not having your parents manage the situation on your behalf. This isn't a little league baseball team. If the kid got sent home and the first thing that happens is Dad calls and wants to talk to the owner then there's a good chance that employing this kid is a pain in the ass.

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM
it's a traveshamockery!!

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Whatever, there are boundaries. Part of getting a job is growing up and not having your parents manage the situation on your behalf. This isn't a little league baseball team. If the kid got sent home and the first thing that happens is Dad calls and wants to talk to the owner then there's a good chance that employing this kid is a pain in the ass.

You're also assuming the kid knew Dad called beforehand. Helicopter parents these days do everything to protect the kid, even when it may not be in the best interest of him/her.

wazu
01-22-2014, 12:52 PM
You're also assuming the kid knew Dad called beforehand. Helicopter parents these days do everything to protect the kid, even when it may not be in the best interest of him/her.

Very true. In my opinion that is the much bigger injustice to the kid in this situation.

Garcia Bronco
01-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Pathetic people do pathetic things.

Whether his parents called or not...or whatever...what they did to this kid is a dickhead move.

POND_OF_RED
01-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Pathetic people do pathetic things.

Is this a slogan for the Donkeys?

Garcia Bronco
01-22-2014, 01:06 PM

I am just saying this kind of behavior from an employer based on the details in the article wreak of injustice regardless of the law and we should support people that have been wronged in such a way regardless of stupid fucking professional football.

acesn8s
01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
One KID wearing a broncos jersey would drive Seahawks fan away? Then they are a bunch of pussies, and so is the owner.

We are talking about Seahawks fans.

acesn8s
01-22-2014, 01:13 PM
I know if my job sent me home I was done for the day. At 17 I wasn't paid enough to go to work twice for one shift.

Sure-Oz
01-22-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm glad my work doesnt fire me wearing me a Mizzou shirt or jersey since 90% of employees are ku basketball fans and ksu football

Cephalic Trauma
01-22-2014, 01:16 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA012Nkh5e1ctnNPdnr4ecDLWx6qvs00mDj_ST6Sf2NbjNz__LpA

chaz
01-22-2014, 01:22 PM
No, our slogan is "more playoff wins in the last two weeks than the Chiefs have had in the last two decades!"

Cephalic Trauma
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
No, our slogan is "more playoff wins in the last two weeks than the Chiefs have had in the last two decades!"

That's not quick, smooth, or catchy, but the bumbling, fragmented line speaks to the typical bronco fan perfectly.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
His dad was wearing a ref jersey at the time. So it makes sense he threw a tantrum

Sorter
01-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Jesus... This reminds me of my former employer, (a local utilities provider) getting pissed off at me for wearing my Mizzou polo shirt on "Red Friday" here in Huskerland.

They really got pissy and asked me to not wear it again because it's "bad for morale."

The next day was when Chase hung like, 70 points in Lincoln. I had a great day monday. My exact quote to my boss was, "Looks like the football team effects morale around here more than me wearing a black shirt, huh?"

I quit a few weeks later.

LMAO

warpaint*
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM

^^^^^^^^^^

It's amazing what passes for news. He wore inappropriate attire to work & faced consequences. That is the story. And someone wrote an article on it. And now (LOL) I am commenting on it.

Also, what about Daddy calling the store for him? If my father (who wouldn't have) had done that I'd have been too embarrassed to ever show my face there again. If you are old enough to work you are old enough to handle your business with respect to that work.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

It's amazing what passes for news. He wore inappropriate attire to work & faced consequences. That is the story. And someone wrote an article on it. And now (LOL) I am commenting on it.

Also, what about Daddy calling the store for him? If my father (who wouldn't have) had done that I'd have been too embarrassed to ever show my face there again. If you are old enough to work you are old enough to handle your business with respect to that work.

I don't agree it was inappropriate. The manager offered employees to wear jerseys of their favorite team, not specifying that was only available to employees whose favorite team was the Seahawks. It wasn't until after the kid showed up to work sporting a Broncos jersey did that rule get passed from employer to employee.

BlackHelicopters
01-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Kid was trying to provoke a response, and he did provoke one.

POND_OF_RED
01-22-2014, 01:51 PM
I don't agree it was inappropriate. The manager offered employees to wear jerseys of their favorite team, not specifying that was only available to employees whose favorite team was the Seahawks. It wasn't until after the kid showed up to work sporting a Broncos jersey did that rule get passed from employer to employee.

We don't really know how it was worded. Could have told the employees to wear their Seahawks gear and this kid just assumed he could wear his jersey too.

warpaint*
01-22-2014, 01:54 PM

I worded what I said poorly, it was the insubordination that was inappropriate. Reading that article he was told to go home & change. He did not do that. Instead Daddy called on his behalf, he never went back, & was fired the next day, probably in actuality for not showing back up to work in acceptable attire. Pretty much what I would expect to happen under such circumstances.

Chances are wearing local sports teams jerseys was implied or thought to be by mgt. It's smart business in terms of the policy although perhaps they should have been more explicit as certainly something like this should have been foreseeable. Frankly the employee handled it like a child & his father treated him like one by attempted to handle it on his behalf.

warpaint*
01-22-2014, 01:56 PM
We don't really know how it was worded. Could have told the employees to wear their Seahawks gear and this kid just assumed he could wear his jersey too.

Also a good point. We have one version of the events. The fact that the version is the kid's & it makes him look bad pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Halfcan
01-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Serves him right. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

:thumb:

lucky he didn't get his ass kicked-then fired-lol

whoman69
01-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Does he really think its about supporting his team? Its about being the face of a business and being too stupid to realize you don't show up all the customers by wearing the apparel of the enemy. Great, you're a Bronco fan in the nest of the Seahawks. Keep it under wraps, don't throw it in people's faces. This kid is a class one idiot.

Paniero
01-22-2014, 02:30 PM

Because they are idiotic homers. No fault of yours.

Kman34
01-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Look I can see both sides of this... the kid is smart enough to know the manager meant Seahawks gear. But something makes me think the kid was a problem at work and rubbed the manager the wrong way in the past and this was a good opportunity to get rid of him.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Look I can see both sides of this... the kid is smart enough to know the manager meant Seahawks gear. But something makes me think the kid was a problem at work and rubbed the manager the wrong way in the past and this was a good opportunity to get rid of him.

I'm sorry, that cannot be assumed. If the manager said "wear the jersey of your favorite team," it's dumb of the manager to assume no one is a Denver fan. I don't think it's on the kid to know the manager "meant" Seahawks. And it's pretty likely everyone at work knows this kid's a Denver fan if he's as diehard as the story suggests.

Rooster
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
He was fired for not coming back to work after being asked to change. It wasn't simply because he wore Donkey gear.

Either way I support the manager. ;)

tooge
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
The kid is obviously a front runner. Dad started cheering for them when they won (cheated) back to back super bowls I'm guessing. Screw him. I miss the good ole days when the owner could have just challenged him to a duel and gone out to the front of the store and shot him in the face. Goooooo Seachickens!!!!!!

Kman34
01-22-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry, that cannot be assumed. If the manager said "wear the jersey of your favorite team," it's dumb of the manager to assume no one is a Denver fan. I don't think it's on the kid to know the manager "meant" Seahawks. And it's pretty likely everyone at work knows this kid's a Denver fan if he's as diehard as the story suggests.

Maybe its just a "setup" by the manager knowing the kid was going to wear his Broncos jersey and this would be his excuse to get rid of him. Who knows unless we hear from the manager.

PS.. I bet it was a Payton Manning jersey ...I would have canned him on the spotLMAO

chaz
01-22-2014, 03:04 PM
The kid is obviously a front runner. Dad started cheering for them when they won (cheated) back to back super bowls I'm guessing. Screw him. I miss the good ole days when the owner could have just challenged him to a duel and gone out to the front of the store and shot him in the face. Goooooo Seachickens!!!!!!

You should have typed this using green as the color.

kepp
01-22-2014, 03:07 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Teen-fired-after-wearing-Broncos-jersey-241386031.html
The 17-year-old high school quarterback says he was technically fired for not returning to work on Sunday. It turns out, however, you can be fired in Washington for wearing a Broncos jersey, even a Seahawks jersey, if the boss doesn’t like it.

Sounds like insubordination to me but what do I know. I wasn't raised as a crybaby donkey fan...

So he wasn't fired for his broncos jersey but he was?

gblowfish
01-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I can see both sides of this.

If the owner told him a Donk jersey would be bad for business, and take it off or change it, and he went home, cried to daddy, then didn't show up for work, then I can understand firing him. Not for wearing the jersey, but for not showing up for a shift.

The owner should have expressed that "you can wear Seahawk gear to work" if you want to, and "please no Denver gear, thank you."

I know what it's like to get the stink eye at work. My company has about eight KU grads, no KSU people and no Mizzou people except for me. They hired me because I had great sales connections over on the Missouri Side of the Metro. And on Fridays they all wear their KU gear, so I wear my Mizzou gear. They've never told me I can't do that, but I know they don't like it. I don't see the public during the day much, so it's not like I'm working in retail or something like that. But I understand getting the evil eye like this kid got.

Yeah, we all hate the donks, but don't take a job away from a kid for something stupid like this. At least he works for his money and doesn't mooch off mom and dad.

Rausch
01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
I can see both sides of this.

Fucks given = 0...

tooge
01-22-2014, 03:29 PM
You should have typed this using green as the color.

You should have typed this with a drill driven wire brush up your ass and Peyton Mannings cock in your ear.

Kman34
01-22-2014, 03:30 PM
You should have typed this with a drill driven wire brush up your ass and Peyton Mannings cock in your ear.

ROFLROFLROFL

LoneWolf
01-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Who gives a shit. The kid didn't get fired for wearing a Broncos jersey. The manager gave him the opportunity to change his shirt, which he is entitled to do, and the stupid kid decided to stay home. The boss knows you're not sick and you decide to miss work because your feelings were hurt = fired. I don't feel bad for this kid one bit and I think his dad should have told him "quit being a pussy and get back to work. You accepted the job and are scheduled to work today and you are going to honor that commitment. If you want to quit this job, you can talk to the owner after your scheduled shift and quit then."

His dad should chug antifreeze for being a bad parent and raising a pussy for a son./added per ptlyon's suggestion.

Kman34
01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Who gives a shit. The kid didn't get fired for wearing a Broncos jersey. The manager gave him the opportunity to change his shirt, which he is entitled to do, and the stupid kid decided to stay home. The boss knows you're not sick and you decide to miss work because your feelings were hurt = fired. I don't feel bad for this kid one but and I think his dad acted should have told him "quit being a pussy and get back to work. You accepted the job and are scheduled to work today and you are going to honor that commitment. If you want to quit this job, you can talk to the owner after your scheduled shift and quit then."

This

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 03:35 PM
This

Except he forgot the "drink antifreeze" part

J Diddy
01-22-2014, 03:36 PM
****s given = 0...

It's more like -3 for me.

BlackHelicopters
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM

Hardcore

J Diddy
01-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Who gives a shit. The kid didn't get fired for wearing a Broncos jersey. The manager gave him the opportunity to change his shirt, which he is entitled to do, and the stupid kid decided to stay home. The boss knows you're not sick and you decide to miss work because your feelings were hurt = fired. I don't feel bad for this kid one but and I think his dad should have told him "quit being a pussy and get back to work. You accepted the job and are scheduled to work today and you are going to honor that commitment. If you want to quit this job, you can talk to the owner after your scheduled shift and quit then."

I bet it's going to be really hard for this kid to find another minimum wage wage in the foreseeable future.

LoneWolf
01-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Except he forgot the "drink antifreeze" part

Fixed.

LoneWolf
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
I bet it's going to be really hard for this kid to find another minimum wage wage in the foreseeable future.

IMO, his dad missed a great opportunity to teach his son about responsibility and commitment. I understand that he can go get another minimum wage job and that is his right, but you don't stay home from work because the boss hurt your feelings.

ptlyon
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Fixed.

:toast:

J Diddy
01-22-2014, 03:43 PM
IMO, his dad missed a great opportunity to teach his son about responsibility and commitment. I understand that he can go get another minimum wage job and that is his right, but you don't stay home from work because the boss hurt your feelings.

What lesson is that? That you don't do something because your dad won't like it?

chaz
01-22-2014, 03:44 PM

I'll take that under advisement.

alnorth
01-22-2014, 03:50 PM
The father says he asked to talk to the owner, who didn’t call back, so Nathaniel stayed home.

Thats the beginning, middle, and end of it right there. By staying home, the stupid kid essentially said, "I quit". If he didn't want to work there, fine, but don't go bitching to the media about it.

LoneWolf
01-22-2014, 03:50 PM
What lesson is that? That you don't do something because your dad won't like it?

That if you sign up for something you don't quit in the middle of it. You don't want to work at this place anymore, go talk to the owner and quit. Don't stay home like a little bitch when the boss knows you have no excuse for not coming back to work.

mdstu
01-22-2014, 03:54 PM
And a ****ing coward move. What, cant handle an opposing teams colors? Why not? There isnt a game if there isnt 2 teams. Let the little ****er wear his ugly ass jersey, and give him shit, have fun with it, not be a total douchebag baby about it. I understand the kid seems like a baby for running to his father, but the boss not wanting another teams color in the building is worse cuz hes suppose to be the adult.

Or he just didn't feel like dealing with the distraction the jersey was going to cause in his place of business. His real crime was not considering that some knucklehead was going to show up in the other jersey. I'm also guessing that if this was one of his top shelf employees/salesmen nothing would have been said, but the most likely scenario is that he's just a body and when he skipped the rest of the day of work the manager was glad to have a reason to just let him go.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Or he just didn't feel like dealing with the distraction the jersey was going to cause in his place of business. His real crime was not considering that some knucklehead was going to show up in the other jersey. I'm also guessing that if this was one of his top shelf employees/salesmen nothing would have been said, but the most likely scenario is that he's just a body and when he skipped the rest of the day of work the manager was glad to have a reason to just let him go.

Been there.

Chaunceythe3rd
01-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Odyssey 1 is a family fun park in Tacoma. Can't imagine that the kid's jersey offended many people there. Manager is probably moving right on up the corporate ladder and will someday get hired by a Fortune 500 company for this little item on his resume.

J Diddy
01-22-2014, 04:31 PM
That if you sign up for something you don't quit in the middle of it. You don't want to work at this place anymore, go talk to the owner and quit. Don't stay home like a little bitch when the boss knows you have no excuse for not coming back to work.

Or that you can take it like a champ?

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Fuck yes.

salame
01-22-2014, 10:24 PM
I would just have changed my jersey.

What a bitch.

philfree
01-22-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing the wrong here.. We are talking donk fans after all.

Al Czervik
01-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Knowmo lives in Washington?????

stevieray
01-22-2014, 11:44 PM
whew, boy!...this is IMPORTANT.. what a crybaby nation we've become.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2014, 11:50 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/jkxheu.jpg

Bump
01-22-2014, 11:57 PM
dress code. I've worked in restaurants in college and on football and mens basketball gameday's we were all encouraged to wear Jayhawk shirts. If someone showed up in whatever sports team they felt like, be it the Chiefs, Yankees, Mizzou or K-State. Ya, same thing, they would have been told to change.

RippedmyFlesh
01-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Should have just been specific and said wear seahawks gear or usual uniform. No drama.

CrazyPhuD
01-23-2014, 12:32 AM
How do you create an entitled, self absorbed group of people.....more stories like this...this crap shouldn't even be news.

Dude's boss told him to go home and change into something that is less likely to antagonize or alienate customers(potentially leading to lose business or physical confrontations with customers and associated legal liability).

Kid cries to dad to fix it. Kid should have been fired because dad called the shop regardless of the jersey situation. 17 is more than old enough to learn to resolve your problems on your own.

Kid should be thankful he's not in the military. Abandoning your post during a time of war is something that can still get you executed.

I wonder if he's the 3rd string or JV QB? You can't imagine he's much of a leader to be able to start.

01-23-2014, 12:49 AM
He should have went back to work. Simple as that.

Dick move by the boss but, unfortunately, the technicality of some of these bogus laws allow for what they chose to do to him.

POND_OF_RED
01-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Think football’s a rough game?

Try the national media during the buildup to the Super Bowl.

Barry Maylor, owner of a Tacoma entertainment center called Odyssey 1, is being pummeled in newspapers and online for allegedly firing an employee for wearing a Denver Broncos’ jersey to work.

With the Super Bowl game days away, it’s been an irresistible tale.

“It was all about you can’t,” the employee, 17-year-old Nathaniel Wentz, told KING 5, which aired the story Sunday. “You can’t represent your team. There’s something wrong with that.”

The story has been repeated across the country, from USA Today and CBS News, and it’s gone viral online and on radio talk shows, eliciting threats on Maylor’s life and a constant stream of verbal abuse to his staff.

The headline, variations of which have been repeated thousands of times: “Tacoma teen fired for wearing Denver Broncos jersey to work.”

Good story, but Maylor says it’s a distortion of the truth.

Wentz was not fired for wearing a Broncos’ jersey, Maylor said, but for not returning to work after being sent home to change into clothing authorized by company policy.

“We don’t care the color of the jersey, but we do care about not creating conflict in our facility, and that’s why we have that policy, which is one team jersey – our local Seahawks,” Maylor said Wednesday.

“This is not an abnormal policy,” he said. “There are any number of retail places that are doing the same thing.”

In Maylor’s mind, allowing Seahawks jerseys only was an attempt to show community support. Allowing other jerseys would have created a potential for conflict, he said.

“Basically, it limits the possibility of conflict between customers and employees and also employee to employee,” he said. “It puts everybody on the same team.”

Maylor says he has no ill-will for the Broncos.

“My wife and I are not even football people,” he said.

Since the media blitz began, Maylor said the abuse and threats have been unrelenting. He and his employees have been warned not to appear in the parking lot after dark; they’ve been called names, and callers have threatened to vandalize his business.

He said he asked Tacoma police to provide extra security patrols.

“Unfortunately, a story like this brings out haters,” he said. “And there are a lot of haters."

http://www.theolympian.com/2014/01/22/2944142/broncos-jersey-wasnt-why-teen.html#storylink=cpy
Sounds like people are overreacting a bit...

01-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Well we will never really know. According to the employer, they are saying that they informed the employees Seattle jerseys only. But the original story says it was just wear your jersey.

Now it is the he said/she said game. LMAO

DenverChief
01-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Sounds like people are overreacting a bit...

So if the kid didn't own a seahags jersey?

POND_OF_RED
01-23-2014, 02:18 AM
So if the kid didn't own a seahags jersey?

Sounds like it was either local jersey or regular dress code. Not that hard to follow. I'm sure he had no problem in the past.

big nasty kcnut
01-23-2014, 04:16 AM
Well if he didn't say seahawk jersey then he can be sued for harrassment. Since he a donkey fan fuck him

WhiteWhale
01-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Good lord.

I have little doubt that the teen knew EXACTLY what he was doing and then blew his victim whistle when it blew up in his face and it's now likely being misrepresented to the public.

Everyone is a martyr.

redshirt32
01-23-2014, 05:33 AM
Since he has lost his job he should try going after Facebook and collecting... everyone gona get paid its just not fair anymore

WhawhaWhat
01-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Since he has lost his job he should try going after Facebook and collecting... everyone gona get paid its just not fair anymore

English, mother****er.. do you speak it?!?!

redshirt32
01-23-2014, 07:49 AM
English, mother****er.. do you speak it?!?!

WhawhaWhat?

notorious
01-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Wow, does this business have grounds to sue?

It sounds like they are going to lose business because of lies.

Lex Luthor
01-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Well we will never really know. According to the employer, they are saying that they informed the employees Seattle jerseys only. But the original story says it was just wear your jersey.

Now it is the he said/she said game. LMAO

In my opinion the employer has a lot more credibility than the teenager who is crying to the media that his big bad boss won't let him support his team.

Anyone who isn't a complete moron would know that on a day like that, the expectation is that you wear the jersey of the local team. I seriously doubt the employer said "wear the jersey of your favorite team". That just doesn't pass the smell test.

We have Red Fridays at my office during football season. Most people know that Red Friday doesn't mean wear Raiders black or Broncos orange, ESPECIALLY if the job includes dealing with the public.

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 09:13 AM
In my opinion the employer has a lot more credibility than the teenager who is crying to the media that his big bad boss won't let him support his team.

Anyone who isn't a complete moron would know that on a day like that, the expectation is that you wear the jersey of the local team. I seriously doubt the employer said "wear the jersey of your favorite team". That just doesn't pass the smell test.

We have Red Fridays at my office during football season. Most people know that Red Friday doesn't mean wear Raiders black or Broncos orange, ESPECIALLY if the job includes dealing with the public.

I don't think the boss necessarily said "wear the jersey of your favorite team," but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he said, "Hey, y'all can wear a jersey on Friday if you want." The kind of ambiguity leaves it open.

And I reject the idea that "anyone who isn't a complete moron would know that on a day like that, the expectation is that you wear the jersey of the local team." Like I said before, I seriously doubt the business would lose any sales over one teenager wearing opposing team's colors; is the kid asking for harassment, absolutely. But I don't think anyone is going to walk out of the store saying, "Well **** them, they have a Broncos fan working there."

Fish
01-23-2014, 09:51 AM
I don't think the boss necessarily said "wear the jersey of your favorite team," but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he said, "Hey, y'all can wear a jersey on Friday if you want." The kind of ambiguity leaves it open.

And I reject the idea that "anyone who isn't a complete moron would know that on a day like that, the expectation is that you wear the jersey of the local team." Like I said before, I seriously doubt the business would lose any sales over one teenager wearing opposing team's colors; is the kid asking for harassment, absolutely. But I don't think anyone is going to walk out of the store saying, "Well **** them, they have a Broncos fan working there."

Ohh come on. If I went into a Gates BBQ on Sunday Dec. 1st 2013 and was met by an overweight hostess woman with a Peyton Manning jersey on, I'd drop my trousers and shit on the tray right then and there and never return.

KCUnited
01-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Ohh come on. If I went into a Gates BBQ on Sunday Dec. 1st 2013 and was met by an overweight hostess woman with a Peyton Manning jersey on, I'd drop my trousers and shit on the tray right then and there and never return.

OMAHELPU! OMAHELPU!

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 10:00 AM

If that's true, then you're as bad as the people threatening the owner and his business. It's a ****ing game. Have some fun, boo the hostess, give her all kinds of hell (in a fun way). She's practically asking for it. But leaving and never returning is you being a pussy.

ptlyon
01-23-2014, 10:02 AM
If that's true, then you're as bad as the people threatening the owner and his business. It's a ****ing game. Have some fun, boo the hostess, give her all kinds of hell (in a fun way). She's practically asking for it. But leaving and never returning is you being a pussy.

Spoken by a man that loves bbq!

Fish
01-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Nope. Pile of warm wet feces on the tray.

"You can help me by cleaning this shit up!"

I'm not being serious, but there's no way in hell it would fly for business with a local pro team.

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Nope. Pile of warm wet feces on the tray.

"You can help me by cleaning this shit up!"

I'm not being serious, but there's no way in hell it would fly for business with a local pro team.

I just disagree, and I'm going to quote a previous post of mine as a story (just not assuming you've read every post). This is a true story, happens every Friday during college ball season, and the people around here live and die with Auburn and Alabama football, more so than almost any pro sports team than I've ever witnessed - every bit as fanatical as Chiefs fans.

My wife routinely wears whatever team is playing against Auburn or Alabama. She owns most of the SEC shirts except those two. And she's in sales. She's also, even in football season, the top sales person in her department and generally top 15 in her region. She always gets some good-natured harassment when she wears the rival team's colors, but it never affects her ability to sell. And the people down here are as rabid about their team as any I've ever seen.

ChiTown
01-23-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm going to work really hard trying to give a fuck about this..............

01-23-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm going to work really hard trying to give a fuck about this..............

Yup. I can't believe this thread is still on the front page. Dumb.

(bump)

GoChargers
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Shame on the boss for hiring a Donks fan to begin with. :evil:

ChiTown
01-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Yup. I can't believe this thread is still on the front page. Dumb.

(bump)

:evil: