PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 38

Rain Man
01-25-2014, 11:59 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BaYtXZxc0ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cfk4Bqub2Eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5_5sQyHnbY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
01-26-2014, 12:03 AM
We've got some classics in this heat. Tough call. My votes:

#1 - The Great Escape. I would vote for this one based on the score alone. Add Steve McQueen and Nazis and it's a sure winner.

#2 - Easy Rider. Even though it's just the opening credits, I love the song and the vision of American freedom and an epic road trip. I like the stars and stripes helmet, too.

#3 - Blue Velvet. I don't quite get it.

Easy 6
01-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Tough heat, need to think about this one...

BlackHelicopters
01-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Great Escape

Kman34
01-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Great Escape, They'll never break Steve McQueen!

crazycoffey
01-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Easy rider, throw out your watch and let yourself free on the open road..... I'm ready for spring

Rain Man
01-28-2014, 09:52 AM
The Great Escape continues its quest.

Garcia Bronco
01-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Easy Rider is one of the worst movies ever made, IMO. It's a movie that only people born in the 40's and 50's can appreciate.

Rain Man
01-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Easy Rider is one of the worst movies ever made, IMO. It's a movie that only people born in the 40's and 50's can appreciate.

I've never seen it. The watch-throwing was really cheesy in the opening, but I like the opening sequence. It's great music and I'm a sucker for road films. Plus, that helmet is a bit of a movie icon. Everyone knows what movie it's from.

But I've never seen the film, so I don't know anything else about it.

Garcia Bronco
01-28-2014, 10:17 AM
I've never seen it. The watch-throwing was really cheesy in the opening, but I like the opening sequence. It's great music and I'm a sucker for road films. Plus, that helmet is a bit of a movie icon. Everyone knows what movie it's from.

But I've never seen the film, so I don't know anything else about it.

It's boring as hell. I had...had to watch it for a film class in college. It's an important film in terms of film making, or so they say, but it's unwatchable IMO like many old movies.

Easy 6
01-28-2014, 10:22 AM
I finally settled on Great Escape... the other two are absolute classics in their own right.

Blue Velvet was one of Lynch' weirdest trips ever and thats saying a lot, Hopper rivaled Walken for menacing creepiness.

Easy Rider I'm sure resonated with a lot of people in the 60's, and parts of it are actually pretty good, but I agree that some parts of it are just a jumbled mess... my favorite part is probably the end when the two hillbillies blow Fonda off his bike with a shotgun LMAO

Kaepernick
04-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Steven McQueen ALWAYS wins over everybody else.

The final round will feature clips only with Steve McQueen competing against himself.

With apologies to Chuck Norris. Steve is the man!

Kaepernick
04-27-2014, 08:36 PM
I finally settled on Great Escape... the other two are absolute classics in their own right.

Blue Velvet was one of Lynch' weirdest trips ever and thats saying a lot, Hopper rivaled Walken for menacing creepiness.

Easy Rider I'm sure resonated with a lot of people in the 60's, and parts of it are actually pretty good, but I agree that some parts of it are just a jumbled mess... my favorite part is probably the end when the two hillbillies blow Fonda off his bike with a shotgun LMAO

How did Easy Rider get clips but Vanishing Point didn't??