PDA

View Full Version : Football Manning planning to return

Baby Lee
01-27-2014, 09:02 AM
http://tumblr.com/xcm1kbtfgn

TEX
01-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Personally I hope Seattle ends this notion...

BossChief
01-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Huh?

Nice link to some interview from 2011.

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Obviously, he's referencing Manning saying this week that he wanted to return next year.

BlackHelicopters
01-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Win or lose he will be back.

notorious
01-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Good.

It will force the Chiefs to become better and make it soooo much sweeter when we topple them.

Jimmya
01-27-2014, 09:47 AM
He'll be playing next year.

MahiMike
01-27-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm pissed! Only reason I was cheering for him was so he'd retire. I hope Seattle breaks his freekin neck!

chaz
01-27-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm as happy as all of you guys are. What great news. Go Broncos.

The Franchise
01-27-2014, 10:09 AM
March will be the deciding point. He has a test on his neck then.

GoChargers
01-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Excellent.... now Fivehead can choke this year, come back and choke again next year.

htismaqe
01-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Good.

It will force the Chiefs to become better and make it soooo much sweeter when we topple them.

We won't topple them until he's gone so we might as well start looking forward to 2015.

BossChief
01-27-2014, 10:13 AM
March will be the deciding point. He has a test on his neck then.

When it doesn't go well AGAIN, they will just re-do his contract to fit what the insurance companies dictate they will be willing to cover.

Last year, they had to rip up his contract and re-do because the insurance company wouldn't cover his neck.

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 10:15 AM
We won't topple them until he's gone so we might as well start looking forward to 2015.

Yup. This.

BossChief
01-27-2014, 10:16 AM

We can if we can stay healthy and really bolster our safeties.

We need a damn playmaker back there and the coaching staff seems overly reluctant to put Berry back there in coverage.

It's weird...just watching the probowl should show that Berry can cover with the best of them and make a lot of plays in the secondary.

notorious
01-27-2014, 10:17 AM

Kendrick Lewis

That alone changes things in a big way.

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 10:17 AM
He's the best QB in the league, obviously he can still play.

Regardless of what happens Sunday, why not come back next year for another $18 million and a chance at another ring?

nychief
01-27-2014, 10:21 AM

Oh for fuck's sake...you fatalist pansy.

htismaqe
01-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Fixing our safeties might make it closer but we don't have an offense that can keep up.

Sorry, but until he's gone, or something catastrophic happens to their WR corps, we're not toppling them.

At best we're looking at 1997, where we beat them once in the regular season but they beat us when it count...

htismaqe
01-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Oh for fuck's sake...you fatalist pansy.

ROFL

It's called being a realist.

notorious
01-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Fixing our safeties might make it closer but we don't have an offense that can keep up.

Sorry, but until he's gone, or something catastrophic happens to their WR corps, we're not toppling them.

At best we're looking at 1997, where we beat them once in the regular season but they beat us when it count...

Your false-hope tank will refill over off-season.

It is unavoidable. :fire:

HemiEd
01-27-2014, 10:33 AM
ROFL

It's called being a realist.
That is frowned on around here anymore, or so it would seem.

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 10:35 AM
That is frowned on around here anymore, or so it would seem.

Because if you're a realist then it's presumed you don't like Alex Smith.

ptlyon
01-27-2014, 10:38 AM

Hey, I like Alex Smith.

Just a different Alex Smith, not the QB for the Chiefs.

RealSNR
01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
That's exactly what I fucking said.

Then all the assbrains were like, "DUHR NO HE GOTS TO GO SO GET HIM HIS RING AND LET HIM LEAVE"

Manning's not even close to 40. He could play 2 or 3 more seasons on top of this. He's not fucking going away.

The only solution is to just sit back and watch him choke it all away every year.

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Fixing our safeties might make it closer...

Even if we somehow got a quality FS, we still have two below average CBs and a nickel DB who's over the hill. He'll still shred us

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 10:42 AM
The only solution is to just sit back and watch him choke it all away every year.

Why would I care if Manning loses the Super Bowl? It doesn't make my team any better. We still died in an AIDS hurricane in the first round. He still pummeled us and will continue to do so. It has no effect on me at all.

HemiEd
01-27-2014, 10:42 AM

I like Alex Smith, he is a solid citizen and a great guy. How could anyone not like him?

WakkaWakka
01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
That's exactly what I ****ing said.

Then all the assbrains were like, "DUHR NO HE GOTS TO GO SO GET HIM HIS RING AND LET HIM LEAVE"

Manning's not even close to 40. He could play 2 or 3 more seasons on top of this. He's not ****ing going away.

****ing this. This is exactly what I've told every Chiefs fan that has told me they're rooting for the broncos to win just so Manning will retire. You're a dumbass if you think he's gonna retire if he wins the SB on Sunday.

With that being said, I'm shocked at how many fans I have encountered that say they're pulling for the Donks. No Chiefs fan should be rooting for the donkeys to win another Super Bowl, period!

RealSNR
01-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Why would I care if Manning loses the Super Bowl?

Because it's better than the alternative, you fucking moron.

O.city
01-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Even if he comes back, he just had the best season in history at the QB position. That isn't happening again. Eventually, age is gonna catch up to the guy.

I dont really see any reason to hand them the division next year quite yet.

notorious
01-27-2014, 11:06 AM
San Diego is going to be really good, too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them knock Denver off.

O.city
01-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Rivers is kind of in the same boat as Manning. He had a great year this year, but he's getting up there in age.

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 11:07 AM
If we thought our guys on D were gassed this year, I think next year will be a heck of a wakeup call for them if leadership doesn't think outside their mind's box.

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 11:09 AM
And good Denver. If they're smart they'll retain him and make sure the next guy is studying hard under the master. They've got a good thing going and I expect them to keep that train rolling.

Jimmya
01-27-2014, 11:10 AM
How much older is Manning than Brady?

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2014, 11:11 AM
He'll be back. Don't fool yourselves

O.city
01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Of course he'll be back. But to think he'll repeat the results from this season is kind of laughable.

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Even if he comes back, he just had the best season in history at the QB position. That isn't happening again. Eventually, age is gonna catch up to the guy.

I dont really see any reason to hand them the division next year quite yet.

Well the fact KC's only division wins came against Oakland this year provides for some pretty clear evidence their not as good as Denver with Peyton or a defense-less San Diego team so....

Kman34
01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Let him come back...His arm isn't what it used to be and defenses will figure out how to cover their cheating ass pick plays so he'll have to hold the ball longer and take more hits.
I'd love it if he retires a broken shell of what he used to be because he stayed a year or two too long.
I can't stand that guy or the Broncos

notorious
01-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Well the fact KC's only division wins came against Oakland this year provides for some pretty clear evidence their not as good as Denver with Peyton or a defense-less San Diego team so....

This to an extent.

We beat SD with our backups although the scoreboard didn't show it.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Excellent.... now Fivehead can choke this year, come back and choke again next year.

Sorry, boy. Y'all don't have much experience in the big game, so maybe those of us who've seen this done can help you out.

Once you're in the Super Bowl, choking is no longer on the table.

The Broncos choked last year.

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
This to an extent.

We beat SD with our backups although the scoreboard didn't show it.

The game could've been entirely different had KC played actual starters... As in the SD staff would've had game tape to create a coherent scheme to stop JC and the team itself probably wouldn't have played down.

San Diego was a better team than KC this year -they went 5-2 in games featuring playoff opponents.

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 11:46 AM

The Broncos choked last year.What happened in Manning's last SB appearance?

Yep. Choked.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Sorry, boy. Y'all don't have much experience in the big game, so maybe those of us who've seen this done can help you out.

The Broncos choked last year.

Manning could play a flawless game, have huge #s and the Broncos lose by 3 points and guys like GoChargers would still say he choked.

notorious
01-27-2014, 11:48 AM
The game could've been entirely different had KC played actual starters... As in the SD staff would've had game tape to create a coherent scheme to stop JC and the team itself probably wouldn't have played down.

San Diego was a better team than KC this year -they went 5-2 in games featuring playoff opponents.

I agree 100%.

notorious
01-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Manning could play a flawless game, have huge #s and the Broncos lose by 3 points and guys like GoChargers would still say he choked.

Sounds like dipshits bashing Alex Smith in the playoff game this year.

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Why would I care if Manning loses the Super Bowl? It doesn't make my team any better. We still died in an AIDS hurricane in the first round. He still pummeled us and will continue to do so. It has no effect on me at all.

I care if Denver wins. That is a horror story.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Sounds like dipshits bashing Alex Smith in the playoff game this year.

Yep. I'm enjoying this week for what it is... SEA poses a great threat for Denver and the weather is the wildcard. I don't see SEA's offense blowing up DEN's defense, so it should be a close one.

Both teams have a legit chance to win it... and both are certainly worthy. Some around here will call it a failure if Denver were to lose, so be it. I'm cool either way, but obviously, would like to see them win it.

houstonwhodat
01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Peyton Manning will rule your division until he hangs it up.

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Yep. I'm enjoying this week for what it is... SEA poses a great threat for Denver and the weather is the wildcard. I don't see SEA's offense blowing up DEN's defense, so it should be a close one.

Both teams have a legit chance to win it... and both are certainly worthy. Some around here will call it a failure if Denver were to lose, so be it. I'm cool either way, but obviously, would like to see them win it.

Indeed. Both are great franchises from the top to the bottom, and both totally deserve to win it all.

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Peyton Manning will rule your division until he hangs it up.

Hey, its Captain Obvious

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Indeed. Both are great franchises from the top to the bottom, and both totally deserve to win it all.

Hey, you've got some donkey semen on your chin.

htismaqe
01-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Your false-hope tank will refill over off-season.

It is unavoidable. :fire:

Doubtful. Especially when the false-hope tank gets emptied completely on draft day...

htismaqe
01-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Even if we somehow got a quality FS, we still have two below average CBs and a nickel DB who's over the hill. He'll still shred us

Yep, exactly.

houstonwhodat
01-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Hey, its Captain Obvious

2 more years tops.

Then he gone bye bye to the broadcast booth somewhere.

Will end being the highest paid athlete turned broadcaster in history.

Omaha Omaha.

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 12:10 PM
I care if Denver wins. That is a horror story.

To me, it only reminds me of that period where Manning was a free agent, and would not even talk to Scott Pioli and the Chiefs.

(If they were even honest that they tried to pursue him)

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Hey, you've got some donkey semen on your chin.

That was a bit uncalled for...

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 12:29 PM
To me, it only reminds me of that period where Manning was a free agent, and would not even talk to Scott Pioli and the Chiefs.

(If they were even honest that they tried to pursue him)

Hence my thoughts on "quality franchises". Not every franchise needed/wanted him, but of those who did it's upsetting that he barely gave the Chiefs the time of day.

It's times like that which require a person, or an organization, to take a long look in the mirror.

listopencil
01-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Hence my thoughts on "quality franchises". Not every franchise needed/wanted him, but of those who did it's upsetting that he barely gave the Chiefs the time of day.

It's times like that which require a person, or an organization, to take a long look in the mirror.

I remember thinking back then that if the 9ers got him (assuming he came back OK from injury) they'd be incredible. I joked with a few friends that they'd just keep winning the Super Bowl until he retired. Can you imagine? Look how good the 9ers have been with Smith/Kap back there.

Easy 6
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Good Lord Almighty I hope Seattle just whips that ass, I'm so sick of hearing about Manning and the Donks, just really really sick of them.

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 12:53 PM
I remember thinking back then that if the 9ers got him (assuming he came back OK from injury) they'd be incredible. I joked with a few friends that they'd just keep winning the Super Bowl until he retired. Can you imagine? Look how good the 9ers have been with Smith/Kap back there.

When I think back to it, I wonder other things.

listopencil
01-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Good Lord Almighty I hope Seattle just whips that ass, I'm so sick of hearing about Manning and the Donks, just really really sick of them.

Do you remember how much media attention was given to Elway and the Broncos when they won against the Packers? If they win you might as well turn off your TV and your radio, avoid looking at anything in print or online...just check into putting yourself in a monastery for a year.

Pepe Silvia
01-27-2014, 12:59 PM
He had one of the best years of his career. The NFL will let him retire with back to back to back SB's. Book it, that's how they operate.

Bugeater
01-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Good.

ROFL No one in the organization gives a shit if they beat the Broncos or win playoff games. The fans are the only ones who care.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 01:10 PM
It was discussed in another thread - Peyton Manning is hyper aware of where he ranks in the Pantheon of Great Quarterbacks, and will not stop until he is thought of as one of the top three or five QB's to have ever played. He would play at 45 if his body would let him.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 01:14 PM
He had one of the best years of his career. The NFL will let him retire with back to back to back SB's. Book it, that's how they operate.

Silly.

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 01:15 PM
...Peyton Manning... will not stop until he is thought of as one of the top three or five QB's to have ever played.

I think that matter was settled already, personally.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 01:16 PM
I think that matter was settled already, personally.

You and me both, but the lack of rings on his fingers (especially compared to his kid brother) may entice him otherwise.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
You and me both, but the lack of rings on his fingers (especially compared to his kid brother) may entice him otherwise.

I think he's definitely driven by that to some degree, but I think he's also smart enough to know that that won't ultimately define him in the grand scheme of things. If he's able to win #2, then there will some that say he should have had 3 - look at those that have more than 2, he's better than them, but he doesn't have as many.

There's no end to it really for those that really want to distract from what he's achieved. So, I don't think it eats at him as some would suggest. But, there's no doubt he'd love to drop a big "f u" on the masses by winning one in nasty weather against this defense.

RealSNR
01-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Manning is the devil.

Proof:

"Peyton" rhymes with "Satan"
He wears 18. 6 + 6 + 6 = 18. His number is basically 666.
Take the 6. The last digit of his jersey number is 8. He was also drafted in 1998. You got 6 and 8. Remind you of anything? Oh, how about THE FUCKING HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE? Revelation 6:8: "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."
Okay, so what about other players who have worn 18? Why is Elvis Grbac not the devil?

Here's why. Elvis Grbac never played exclusively for horse mascotted teams. The equine mascots are clearly connected to the passage I just showed you.

SATAN MANNING MUST BE STOPPED

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 01:23 PM

I think his numbers have been put up with superior talent than what Brady's had surrounding him and that's the primary argument for why PM is regarded the way he has been.

Also, rule changes.

Easy 6
01-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Do you remember how much media attention was given to Elway and the Broncos when they won against the Packers? If they win you might as well turn off your TV and your radio, avoid looking at anything in print or online...just check into putting yourself in a monastery for a year.

Oh yes, I recall... and its never really abated since then, the only team that gets as much media head as you guys are the cowboys.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 01:24 PM
I think he's definitely driven by that to some degree, but I think he's also smart enough to know that that won't ultimately define him in the grand scheme of things. If he's able to win #2, then there will some that say he should have had 3 - look at those that have more than 2, he's better than them, but he doesn't have as many.

There's no end to it really for those that really want to distract from what he's achieved. So, I don't think it eats at him as some would suggest. But, there's no doubt he'd love to drop a big "f u" on the masses by winning one in nasty weather against this defense.

Agreed completely.

My above opinion was formed partly on an interview I heard on the radio when he was on IR with the Colts. I think it was Jaworski that said it ate at Peyton that he would never break Brett Favre's streak of consecutive games started since he had been placed on IR. Jaws (Ithink) went on a bit about Peyton the guy and player, giving a bit of a peek behind the curtain at the competitive fire that drives him. Not that any of it really surprised me in forming my thoughts on the guy.

Easy 6
Manning is the devil.

Proof:

Take the 6. The last digit of his jersey number is 8. He was also drafted in 1998. You got 6 and 8. Remind you of anything? Oh, how about THE ****ING HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE? Revelation 6:8: "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."
Okay, so what about other players who have worn 18? Why is Elvis Grbac not the devil?

Here's why. Elvis Grbac never played exclusively for horse mascotted teams. The equine mascots are clearly connected to the passage I just showed you.

:bravo:

Sorter
Manning is the devil.

Proof:

Take the 6. The last digit of his jersey number is 8. He was also drafted in 1998. You got 6 and 8. Remind you of anything? Oh, how about THE FUCKING HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE? Revelation 6:8: "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

Post of the year.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 01:25 PM
I think his numbers have been put up with superior talent than what Brady's had surrounding him and that's the primary argument for why PM is regarded the way he has been.

Also, rule changes.

Not exactly. What did Brady have during his crazy 50 TD season?

Brady hasn't always had a gaggle of spares around him.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Agreed completely.

My above opinion was formed partly on an interview I heard on the radio when he was on IR with the Colts. I think it was Jaworski that said it ate at Peyton that he would never break Brett Favre's streak of consecutive games started since he had been placed on IR. Jaws (Ithink) went on a bit about Peyton the guy and player, giving a bit of a peek behind the curtain at the competitive fire that drives him. Not that any of it really surprised me in forming my thoughts on the guy.

Oh I'm sure there are various milestones (like the streak) that guys look at when they're close and think "yeah, I want to own that one". I just don't buy into the notion that he views a win here or nothing else as a failure or that he spends too much time worrying what many of us think should he win or lose. I don't think winning or losing this game plays into returning next year either. Barring a set back medically, he's returning - he said as much within the last 2 days.

RealSNR
01-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Post of the year.

I suppose the Baphomet would find this entertaining, wouldn't he?

Pepe Silvia
01-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Silly.

It's really not.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Manning is the devil.

Proof:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/09/09343edf603e1f3e8dab9c0213a49cb80020f9210b76da49b2e8a2a44579aad0.jpg

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 01:42 PM

Yeah, in my opinion he's been for a while in that class of Montana, Marino, Brady, etc. The very few upper echelon that there's no point in debating between.

Sorter
01-27-2014, 01:44 PM
I suppose the Baphomet would find this entertaining, wouldn't he?

ROFL

listopencil
01-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Oh I'm sure there are various milestones (like the streak) that guys look at when they're close and think "yeah, I want to own that one". I just don't buy into the notion that he views a win here or nothing else as a failure or that he spends too much time worrying what many of us think should he win or lose. I don't think winning or losing this game plays into returning next year either. Barring a set back medically, he's returning - he said as much within the last 2 days.

I think Manning ranks himself against historic great QB's rather than our opinion of him. I also think that his own internal notion of success is much harsher than any standard for him that we might have.

Easy 6
01-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Madden football predicts a Donk win... :grr:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/broncos-win-super-bowl-xlviii-predicts-madden-nfl-144805173.html

Mr. Laz
01-27-2014, 02:20 PM
I think Manning ranks himself against historic great QB's rather than our opinion of him. I also think that his own internal notion of success is much harsher than any standard for him that we might have.

I have an idea, how about all you donkey loving ****ers go to a donkey board and talk about 5head.

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 02:23 PM
I have an idea, how about all you donkey loving ****ers go to a donkey board and talk about 5head.

LOL

Usually I'd agree but Listo and MHM are good guys.

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 02:25 PM

You act like these guys are like KnowMo...

Mr. Laz
01-27-2014, 02:37 PM
LOL

Usually I'd agree but Listo and MHM are good guys.

You act like these guys are like KnowMo...
I know, but for the love of gawd i am sick of hearing about 5head mcdouche.

can't even watch/listen to anything sports related anymore without hearing people waxing poetic about how great he is. :cuss:

I hope the skies open up above Denver and they see a huge ass coming down out of the sky. God gets so sick of hearing it too that he just drops trow and takes a gigantic God size dump on the entire worthless city. 12 foot deep of God shit covering the entire manning loving place. 4321

GoChargers
01-27-2014, 02:40 PM

Seriously. Why does anyone even want him to retire? It's way too much fun to see him choke the season away every year with an unclutch interception. I hope he plays 'til he's 60.

GoChargers
01-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Rivers is kind of in the same boat as Manning. He had a great year this year, but he's getting up there in age.

Rivers is 32 and will have a few more good years ahead of him, especially with young talent like Allen, Fluker, Green, Mathews, etc. on the offense.

Fivehead is 37 with a busted neck. If he doesn't win it all with this team, I don't see how he can ever mentally recover.

GoChargers
01-27-2014, 02:45 PM

If Fivehead plays a "flawless game" and still loses, then no, it's not a choke. But you can't deny he's had a history of throwing choke picks in the playoffs. Romo gets shit for choking in similar fashion, so I don't see why Fivehead should be above the same criticism.

kcxiv
01-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Good.

yEAH, thats not gonna happen. lol Its wild card or bust for the Chiefs. Likeit or not, the Broncos have owned the Chiefs for a good while.

Randallflagg
01-27-2014, 03:29 PM
I don't know what five head is planning but my advice would be if you win this one - get the hell out while you are on top. Go out as a legend.

Unfortunately, there are way too many athletes, movie stars, whatever - that think they are immortal and they continue on and inevitably go out looking bad. What the hell else can he possibly prove? Would he be hanging around to add to his stats?

He damned sure doesn't need the payday….go out on top and sell Buicks the rest of your days.

Easy 6
01-27-2014, 03:34 PM
I don't agree with this idea that we're doomed to be bridesmaids as long as Manning is around... if Eli Manning with a good team around him can beat the undefeated Patriots, then anything can happen.

No one knows what next year holds, fivehead could have an off year, they might be riddled with injuries, we could take yet another huge leap in our second year under Dorsey/Reid... anything can happen, duck fenver.

GloryDayz
01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
ROFL No one in the organization gives a shit if they beat the Broncos or win playoff games. The fans are the only ones who care.

Wait, what?

listopencil
01-27-2014, 03:52 PM

A Chief fan started this thread you dumbass.

kcxiv
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't agree with this idea that we're doomed to be bridesmaids as long as Manning is around... if Eli Manning with a good team around him can beat the undefeated Patriots, then anything can happen.

No one knows what next year holds, fivehead could have an off year, they might be riddled with injuries, we could take yet another huge leap in our second year under Dorsey/Reid... anything can happen, duck fenver.

they had injuries this year, lost 2 linemen i beleive, Welker for a few games. Their defense lost a few players as well.

As long as manning can be 80-100 percent of him, the division is theirs for the taking. At 37 years old,he had his best ****ing season ever and had the best season in NFL history.

Easy 6
01-27-2014, 04:18 PM
they had injuries this year, lost 2 linemen i beleive, Welker for a few games. Their defense lost a few players as well.

As long as manning can be 80-100 percent of him, the division is theirs for the taking. At 37 years old,he had his best ****ing season ever and had the best season in NFL history.

Yep, he reached his zenith this year and theres only one place to go after that...

Eleazar
01-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Doubtful. Especially when the false-hope tank gets emptied completely on draft day...

What could restore the false hope on draft day?

I guess it depends on free agency too, but...

Discuss Thrower
01-27-2014, 04:58 PM

A flashy, well-liked pick at a skill position of need like WR or S.

But I think it will be a moot point.

Red Dawg
01-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Bringing Manning back would be mistake for Denver. He will be too old like Favre and Marino were their last year. Age hits you in fast way in sports. No way he will get back to the SB so they better pray for decent weather and win this one or his tenure will end as a fail.

Brock
01-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Bringing Manning back would be mistake for Denver. He will be too old like Favre and Marino were their last year. Age hits you in fast way in sports. No way he will get back to the SB so they better pray for decent weather and win this one or his tenure will end as a fail.

Signed, last year

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
If Fivehead plays a "flawless game" and still loses, then no, it's not a choke. But you can't deny he's had a history of throwing choke picks in the playoffs. Romo gets shit for choking in similar fashion, so I don't see why Fivehead should be above the same criticism.

I get what you're saying, but you can't compare Romo and Manning... honestly, there's no comparison between the two in big games.

Romo has been to 4 playoff games and is 1-3 and he chokes consistently during the regular season. Manning is 11-11 in the playoffs, 1-1 in the SB so far... he's 'choked' against some great competition. Unfortunately, those stand out big and are sometimes viewed as chokes when maybe not all of them are really. But again, I get it.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 06:13 PM

They're committed to him on the cap... and he's committed to them on the fact that he is still playing at a kick ass level. I don't think 5 months will all of a sudden create a big issue.

lcarus
01-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Can't Manning just go do his stupid shitty Papa Johns commercials now and leave football behind?

Red Dawg
01-27-2014, 06:21 PM
They're committed to him on the cap... and he's committed to them on the fact that he is still playing at a kick ass level. I don't think 5 months will all of a sudden create a big issue.

Lets say he makes it back next season to the SB. Won't happen but if it did he will be like 38 and 10 months on SB Sunday. As if that is not to old. If any other team had a QB that old and getting that much cash Denver nation would criticize them. He has had his Favre like miracle year. There will not be another one. This is it for Manning. He will fail next year for sure.

notorious
01-27-2014, 06:30 PM

There is a nearly endless supply of false-hope.

The only time that the tank ran dry was during the end of the Herm and Failoili eras.

All that the Chiefs need to do to give us false hope is to show up next year.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Lets say he makes it back next season to the SB. Won't happen but if it did he will be like 38 and 10 months on SB Sunday. As if that is not to old. If any other team had a QB that old and getting that much cash Denver nation would criticize them. He has had his Favre like miracle year. There will not be another one. This is it for Manning. He will fail next year for sure.

This.

Everything is falling into place this year....

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM
This.

Everything is falling into place this year....

Ok, keeping saying it, maybe the wish will be granted.

Red Dawg
01-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Ok, keeping saying it, maybe the wish will be granted.

No way in hell Seattle does not put them on their asses in this game. They are tough and the Donkeys are soft.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 08:53 PM
No way in hell Seattle does not put them on their asses in this game. They are tough and the Donkeys are soft.

Ok.

stevieray
01-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Can't Manning just go do his stupid shitty Papa Johns commercials now and leave football behind?

with that ego?

LMAO

Red Dawg
01-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Ok.

Exactly. Not much argument as to what team is physically tougher. Its the Seahawks and it's not even close.

Brock
01-27-2014, 09:17 PM
I don't see any reason manning won't pick them apart like he does everybody else.

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't see any reason manning won't pick them apart like he does everybody else.

There is no defense in the AFC that is even remotely close to Seattle's.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 09:30 PM

It might take a half, but he'll figure it out.

That said, if there is a defense in the NFL this season that can hang with that offense, it's Seattle's.

Brock
01-27-2014, 09:33 PM

That said, if there is a defense in the NFL this season that can hang with that offense, it's Seattle's.

It'll probably be tough for a while, then suddenly open receivers everywhere. I respect seattle's defense, but you can only do so much with that.

Red Dawg
01-27-2014, 09:34 PM

They barely beat two shitty defenses in January at home but he is going pick apart Seattle in the cold and swirling wind? Whatever.

Deberg_1990
01-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Agreed. I also don't think Wilson is good enough to hang with Mannings scoring ability. Not even close.

Brock
01-27-2014, 09:41 PM
They barely beat two shitty defenses in January at home but he is going pick apart Seattle in the cold and swirling wind? Whatever.

And seattle barely handled colin kaepernick, who everybody says can't work from a pocket or read. So what?

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Eh, if San Diego can hold them to 20, so can Seattle.

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2014, 09:44 PM
And seattle barely handled colin kaepernick, who everybody says can't work from a pocket or read. So what?

Peyton isn't a threat to run.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 09:45 PM

Look, I want the Donks to lose as bad as you do, but this Denver offense is just flat ridiculous, especially how fast Peyton gets rid of the ball. Add to that how the refs just refuse to call illegal picks against them, and you've got an offense that's going to be damned difficult to slow down.

Seattle isn't going to roll over, but Denver really is just that good this year.

Bowser
01-27-2014, 09:46 PM

Hopefully. It helped San Diego having Denver's old offensive coordinator on their staff, though....

Brock
01-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Peyton isn't a threat to run.

No, he's something worse. Pretty sure seattle would much, much rather face kaepernick any day.

Sorter
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Really interested in how Denver's run game goes against Seattle.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 10:52 PM

And vice versa.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2014, 10:56 PM

Were the Seahawks undefeated this year? Wait, they weren't... interesting.

Sorter
01-27-2014, 10:57 PM
And vice versa.

Denver might be the best team ever in running the ball from the shotgun (w/o ZR) this season.

listopencil
01-27-2014, 11:17 PM

This is an interesting regarding "tempo" but it brushes on the SEA D-Line and how a no huddle Offense may affect it in regards to run/pass:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-the-tempo-problem

vailpass
01-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Denver might be the best team ever in running the ball from the shotgun (w/o ZR) this season.

Manning checking into those runs when he reads the D is a joy to watch...

GoChargers
01-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Were the Seahawks undefeated this year? Wait, they weren't... interesting.

Neither were the Donkeys. Not particularly interesting.

GoChargers
01-28-2014, 01:51 AM

We held them under 30 three times this year, something that only two other teams did even once. And our defense was hardly amazing this year. I see no reason why the Seahawks defense can't make Fivehead shit the bed like he usually does in big games.

Mile High Mania
01-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Neither were the Donkeys. Not particularly interesting.

Tuckdaddy appreciates your support.

The Seahawks found a way to lose 3 games this season, with their last loss being a 10 point effort vs the Cardinals just prior to Christmas. They're not this invincible force that cannot be defeated.

Rausch
01-28-2014, 07:19 AM
Tuckdaddy appreciates your support.

The Seahawks found a way to lose 3 games this season, with their last loss being a 10 point effort vs the Cardinals just prior to Christmas. They're not this invincible force that cannot be defeated.

No team is.

I just think they're the best matchup to beat Den.

They can run the ball, eat clock, play great D.

Jimmya
01-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Have to run the ball in order to beat the Donks, but Donks are ranked 7th v. The run.

htismaqe
01-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Hopefully. It helped San Diego having Denver's old offensive coordinator on their staff, though....

This.

Mile High Mania
01-28-2014, 08:23 AM
No team is.

I just think they're the best matchup to beat Den.

They can run the ball, eat clock, play great D.

There's no doubt about it. It's a great match-up for sure.

In Denver's 3 losses, they lost the TOP battle twice (IND and SD) and in those 2 games, they lost the rushing battle by big margins. IND had a big 16 point Q2 and NE had a big 21 point Q3.

Denver also lost the penalty battle in all 3 games. Those are about the only real common denominators.

SEA has the horses to defensively limit the TOP with Manning, but that may very well be neutralized by the fact that SEA's offense isn't great. They're efficient, but I don't know that I'd say they're better than what Denver has faced the last two weeks with SD and NE offenses. Both of those teams were led with strong rushing attacks and strong QB play. The receiving weapons for SEA are not better than either really, you could make an argument that they're better than NE at this point, but it's not blindingly obvious.

Manning threw for 7 TDs and 3 INTs in those 3 games... the ground game dominated NE, but their defense failed them in the 3rd Quarter. That game should have never been lost, but they let it happen.

Everyone is focusing on the SEA defense and guys like Wilson love it, because it takes pressure off of them.

Denver and Seattle played 5 common opponents, 3 each on the road. Jags, Texans, Colts, Titans and Giants.

Both teams were 4-1, both losing to the Colts.
SEA gave up 34 to IND and DEN gave up 39 to IND.

SEA gave up 17 at home to the Jags in W3 and DEN gave up 19 at home to the Jags in W6.

Avg Points For
39.4 Denver
27.8 Seattle

Avg Points Against
24.4 Denver
16.8 Seattle

Avg Margin of victory
15 for Denver
11 for Seattle

Again, close game - lots of similarities and Denver should win by 4-7 points...

Chief Roundup
01-28-2014, 08:31 AM
horribly stupid

GloryDayz
01-28-2014, 08:55 AM

If PM gets his short passing game going, at all, I think NM will have an OK day at the office. If the Seattle D hits PM a few times in the first quarter (if they wait any longer it'll be too late), maybe takes a penalty or two, they might rattle him enough to throw him off his passing game. And if that happens, they won't have enough NM to save them.

The key to the whole game will rest upon the Seattle D getting to PM a few times, early, and letting him feel some pain. If they don't I think Denver will win.