PDA

View Full Version : Football Whos the better RB: Marshawn Lynch or Jamaal Charles?

Deberg_1990
01-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Who would you choose if you had a choice?

Looks like Charles is a better receiver, and yards per carry guy, but Lynch is a better TD guy.

Beast Mode:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LyncMa00.htm

Charles:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CharJa00.htm

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Completely different styles. Lynch is much more physical and harder to bring down, Charles is more of a homerun threat but is easier to tackle. I wish we could have both.

KCrockaholic
01-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Charles. There's an argument that JC is the best in the league at the moment. I don't think you could make that argument for Lynch.

saphojunkie
01-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Lynch is a better TD guy because he bitches and moans if his team doesn't give him three straight carries on first and goal. He's a TD whore and the seahawks always always run the ball when they're close. I've seen him throw a couple fits when he doesn't get carries on the goal line.

Jamaal don't give a shit. Forty yards out is a goal line carry for him.

KCrockaholic
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Lynch is a better TD guy because he bitches and moans if his team doesn't give him three straight carries on first and goal. He's a TD whore and the seahawks always always run the ball when they're close. I've seen him throw a couple fits when he doesn't get carries on the goal line.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/10/lynch2.gif This guy? Nah.

Simply Red
01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Lynch.

Simply Red
01-29-2014, 05:35 PM
I love Marshawn though, he's a fabulous back.

The Franchise
01-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Charles

Anyong Bluth
01-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Not sure if this is really a debate. It's JC hands down. Lynch was criticized a lot before getting out of Buffalo.

Deberg_1990
01-29-2014, 05:40 PM
. Lynch was criticized a lot before getting out of Buffalo.

watching him run the past few years its hard to believe Buffalo didnt want him anymore. WTF??

mcaj22
01-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Charles is way better but Lynch has been hilarious at media day this week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fUm2CMdsgn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Poppa Payne
01-29-2014, 05:42 PM
JC and it's not even close.

I don't even think Lynch is a top 5 back.

mcaj22
01-29-2014, 05:44 PM
JC and it's not even close.

I don't even think Lynch is a top 5 back.

I'd be curious if you can name four others (Currently)

Charles, McCoy, Peterson and then it gets very hairy if you're gonna throw out someone like Matt Forte that's not even realistic.

TLO
01-29-2014, 05:44 PM
JC and it isn't close.

Baby Lee
01-29-2014, 05:47 PM

Yeah, though it cost us in these playoffs, I have to respect JC's chillness.

I didn't have a concussion and probably could've helped us win the game, but the NFL has their rules and I respect that.

Yeah, Derrick Johnson knocked me unto next Tuesday in a meaningless game. But we want the Pro-Bowl to be competitive and everyone to play all out.

If it was Donnell Bennett saying these things . . . but it ain't.

Big Poppa Payne
01-29-2014, 05:48 PM
I'd be curious if you can name for others (Currently)

Let me see.. off the top of my head I would say..

1) JC
2) AP
3) LeSean McCoy
4) Frank Gore
5) Matt Forte
6) Eddie Lacy
7) Marshawn Lynch

Urc Burry
01-29-2014, 05:56 PM
My top 2 backs in the league are Charles and Shady. They are interchangeable to me. Of course there is AP but he had a down year. Rounding out my top 5 would be Lynch then Forte

jspchief
01-29-2014, 05:57 PM
I'd be curious if you can name four others (Currently)

Charles, McCoy, Peterson and then it gets very hairy if you're gonna throw out someone like Matt Forte that's not even realistic.

Why is Matt Forte not realistic?

Anyong Bluth
01-29-2014, 05:57 PM
watching him run the past few years its hard to believe Buffalo didnt want him anymore. WTF??

He's didn't produce or was streaky at best- not all the blame should be placed on him for that of course.

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Let me see.. off the top of my head I would say..

1) JC
2) AP
3) LeSean McCoy
4) Frank Gore
5) Matt Forte
6) Eddie Lacy
7) Marshawn Lynch

Uhhh . . . lol. Gore should not be there at this point in his career, neither should Lacy.

1. AP
2. Lesean McCoy
3. JC
4. Lynch
5. Forte
6. Morris
7. Murray
8. Gore
9. Lacy
10. Take your pick.

Anyong Bluth
01-29-2014, 06:00 PM
My top 2 backs in the league are Charles and Shady. They are interchangeable to me. Of course there is AP but he had a down year. Rounding out my top 5 would be Lynch then Forte

I seriously wonder if AD going forward will ever be available for a full season. He's awesome, but I think he's going to miss at least 2 games unless they platoon a guy with him a bit more.

Brock
01-29-2014, 06:01 PM
5.6 vs 4.2 hmm

Big Poppa Payne
01-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Uhhh . . . lol. Gore should not be there at this point in his career, neither should Lacy.

1. AP
2. Lesean McCoy
3. JC
4. Lynch
5. Forte
6. Morris
7. Murray
8. Gore
9. Lacy
10. Take your pick.

I stopped reading when I saw McCoy ahead of JC.

Urc Burry
01-29-2014, 06:04 PM
I seriously wonder if AD going forward will ever be available for a full season. He's awesome, but I think he's going to miss at least 2 games unless they platoon a guy with him a bit more.

Yeah it's sad.. He will go down as an all time great, but I feel like he does get overrated a bit by the majority of the country. He is not as untouchable as people think. You are better off taking him out during passing downs while jamaal and shady do it all.

Urc Burry
01-29-2014, 06:05 PM

Why? He did probably have the better season. Like I said I have them at 1a and 1b. I haven't seen anyone make the cuts he has since Barry

Anyong Bluth
01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Maybe I'm being a Homer, but I think JC hangs them up with a resume that is no worse than top 10 in league history. 3+ more years of his current production and he's going to have some stats that hover in top 5 consideration.

a pp roach
01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
noshun marino

Big Poppa Payne
01-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Why? He did probably have the better season. Like I said I have them at 1a and 1b. I haven't seen anyone make the cuts he has since Barry

He's a great back man don't get me wrong. Maybe I'm just biased towards JC.

threebag
01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
I thought fucking knowshit got the bag of dicks ban.

jspchief
01-29-2014, 06:23 PM
There's 5 or 6 great backs in the league right now. I'm not sure anyone can make an overwhelming argument putting any one of them significantly ahead of the others.

mcaj22
01-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Why is Matt Forte not realistic?

because I knew the only RB that could rival Lynch for top 5 spot would be Forte, since the first three are locked in. Then he went a threw out Frank Gore and the Eddie Laceys of the world and that's where you are just pulling legs for the sake of trying to win an argument.

I'd take Lynch over Matt Forte any day. There's an argument to be made there. But you can't say you'd take Lynch over AP, McCoy or Charles. So, yea, Marshawn Lynch is a top 5 NFL RB Currently.

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 06:43 PM

Why? I honestly see McCoy as a slightly more explosive version of Charles at this point in their careers. McCoy has some insane moves.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-29-2014, 06:58 PM
LOL at anyone thinking they're even in the same league.

Big Poppa Payne
01-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Why? I honestly see McCoy as a slightly more explosive version of Charles at this point in their careers. McCoy has some insane moves.

It's just my opinion my man, there is no right or wrong answer here. McCoy is a great back and if I grew up in Philly I would most likely think Shady is the better back but I grew up in KC and like I said earlier I'm biased and I think Jamaal is the best back in the league.

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
It's just my opinion my man, there is no right or wrong answer here. McCoy is a great back and if I grew up in Philly I would most likely think Shady is the better back but I grew up in KC and like I said earlier I'm biased and I think Jamaal is the best back in the league.

Ahh, it's fine. Wouldn't blame you for feeling that way, lol.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Career YPC:

Charles 5.6
Lynch 4.2

RealSNR
01-29-2014, 07:08 PM
"Beast mode."

Get out of me, Seattle. You uncreative fucktards.

ThaVirus
01-29-2014, 07:11 PM

He's a great back man don't get me wrong. Maybe I'm just biased towards JC.

LeSean McCoy has the illest juke moves in the league, but he's juke or bust. He runs with no power and goes down at the first sign of contact. That's why I think Jamaal is better.

BWillie
01-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Who would you choose if you had a choice?

Looks like Charles is a better receiver, and yards per carry guy, but Lynch is a better TD guy.

Beast Mode:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LyncMa00.htm

Charles:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CharJa00.htm

Charles. TD's are overrated IMO. TD's are a product of being in the right place at the right time. With Quarterbacks I think TD's and red zone efficiency is more important because the field shortens and increases the need for tight difficult throws.

ThaVirus
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
1. Charles
2. Peterson
3. McCoy
4. Forte
5. Lynch

Simply Red
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM

Lynch.

RealSNR
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Jamaal Charles needs a nickname as good as "Beast Mode." We need to tap into the creativity that the Seattle fans did when they came up with that for Lynch.

Okay, I got it. How about this?

"Really really good RB"

That's what we'll call Jamaal Charles. Really really good RB. That's a nickname at the same level as Beast Mode.

Deberg_1990
01-29-2014, 07:35 PM

Why not? It's not like one or the others stats are that much ahead of the other guy.

Brock
01-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Jamaal Charles needs a nickname as good as "Beast Mode." We need to tap into the creativity that the Seattle fans did when they came up with that for Lynch.

"Really really good RB"

That's what we'll call Jamaal Charles. Really really good RB. That's a nickname at the same level as Beast Mode.

It's beef moe.

Deberg_1990
01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
TD's are overrated IMO. TD's are a product of being in the right place at the right time.

Not a Marcus Allen and Priest Holmes fan then?

Marcellus
01-29-2014, 07:42 PM
The only reason Lynch is in the conversation is he has had a few really epically tough crazy runs.

Outside of that he isn't even LJ at his best let alone JC.

WhiteWhale
01-29-2014, 07:43 PM

Why?

IMO, McCoy, Charles, and AP are the best RB's in the NFL.

I don't really think it's stupid no matter what order you place those 3 guys in.

WhiteWhale
01-29-2014, 07:45 PM

"Really really good RB"

I always liked the flash... since he wears red and yellow and is really fast.. .but it never caught on.

Even after that Halloween thing...

KCrockaholic
01-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Lynch has the occasional "OMG" run that gets everybody excited. Jamaal does as well. It just seems like Lynch shows up big in big games.

Simply Red
01-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Lynch has the occasional "OMG" run that gets everybody excited. Jamaal does as well. It just seems like Lynch shows up big in big games.

yes.

Lynch.

ThaVirus
01-29-2014, 08:24 PM

Well, in fairness, he gets fed a shit ton. The Seahawks run the ball more than any team in the NFL besides the 49ers. If I remember correctly, the 49ers ran the ball on something like 52.5% of their plays and the Seahawks were right behind them with something like 52.4% (don't quote me on that).

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Gotta love Lynch though.

Last week's was no exception: When I asked him to describe the low point of his stint with the Buffalo Bills, who took him in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft and dealt him to the Seahawks four games into his fourth season, his response was pure columnist's gold.

"My lowest point?" Lynch replied. "I had a bunch of them, and I overcame them. I don't think I ever had a lowest point while on an active NFL roster. My lowest point came (growing up), when we were trying to figure out what we were gonna eat at night. My lowest point came when I'd wash my jeans at night -- and hopefully they were dry by the morning, so I wouldn't have to go to school in wet jeans. Or, if they were still damp, I'd iron 'em so at least they'd be hot for a moment."

Definitely one of my favorite players in the league right now.

Brock
01-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Lynch has 700 carries more than charles with one more year in the league.

WhiteWhale
01-29-2014, 08:31 PM

Basically what you're saying is that Lynch is on a better team so he gets more exposure and opportunities.

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Here is a great watch so you can get to know Lynch better. Would love him on this team running with Charles. "Beast Mode" is a nickname that he's had since he was a kid.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d3cWjT9lpZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyong Bluth
01-29-2014, 09:06 PM

"Really really good RB"

JC: Superstar

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/tu8evuse.jpg

Cannibal
01-29-2014, 09:09 PM
It's a tough choice. Lynch can get tough yards against the best defenses and doesn't lose much yardage, but JC is much more of a big play threat. I really like the way Beastmode punishes defenders as well. If we didn't have JC, Lynch would be right up there my list. I love watching that guy run and I love the toughness he brings.

Anyong Bluth
01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Right around the :34 second mark.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ETC82KEplac?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ETC82KEplac?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Mama Hip Rockets
01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Why not? It's not like one or the others stats are that much ahead of the other guy.

5.6 is not much more than 4.2?

GloryDayz
01-29-2014, 10:09 PM
Tough question and WAY open to homerism or raw stats (that don't reflect "how they're used in their respective systems).

I like JC because he's ours, but both of the others have been part of further success. I say the ultimate sign of success is how far you help your team get.

My final answer is TBD...

Gravedigger
01-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Because Jamaal Charles talks to the Media he is the clear cut winner.

RealSNR
01-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Here is a great watch so you can get to know Lynch better. Would love him on this team running with Charles. "Beast Mode" is a nickname that he's had since he was a kid.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d3cWjT9lpZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FUCK YOU

OldSchool
01-29-2014, 10:21 PM
To be honest though, I don't see Charles doing the same thing against top run defenses that Lynch manages to do.

Lynch doesn't have Charles' true game breaking speed but Charles doesn't have Lynch's player breaking power. Two very different runners.

Why Not?
01-29-2014, 10:24 PM
If I need a TD and only have one play and you tell me at least 8 defenders will put at least a hand on my guy, I want Lynch. In any other imaginable situation give me JC

ThaVirus
01-29-2014, 11:58 PM
To be honest though, I don't see Charles doing the same thing against top run defenses that Lynch manages to do.

Lynch doesn't have Charles' true game breaking speed but Charles doesn't have Lynch's player breaking power. Two very different runners.

JC regularly dicks defenses of varying calibers.

.. That's why he has the highest career YPC average of any running back in the history of the league. You don't amass those kinds of stats solely by feasting on crappy defenses.

RobBlake
01-30-2014, 12:46 AM
the one two punch of Lynch and JC would be historical

listopencil
01-30-2014, 03:19 AM

"Really really good RB"

The Jamaalrus.

crazycoffey
01-30-2014, 03:46 AM

To be fair, if I coached either and didn't give them three chances to get in, I'd be a very dumb coach.....

philfree
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
I love JC as a Chief but he's left the two playoff games he's played in early due to injury. He's still got a lot to prove.

Ragged Robin
01-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Completely different backs. Big nifty power backs don't really fit into Reid's WCO. Lynch is perfect for the power run game they run in Seattle (or even SF).

The Franchise
01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Basically what you're saying is that Lynch is on a better team so he gets more exposure and opportunities.

This.

If Charles was on that Seahawks team....this wouldn't even be a conversation.

The Franchise
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
because I knew the only RB that could rival Lynch for top 5 spot would be Forte, since the first three are locked in. Then he went a threw out Frank Gore and the Eddie Laceys of the world and that's where you are just pulling legs for the sake of trying to win an argument.

I'd take Lynch over Matt Forte any day. There's an argument to be made there. But you can't say you'd take Lynch over AP, McCoy or Charles. So, yea, Marshawn Lynch is a top 5 NFL RB Currently.

Forte over Lynch.....every day of the week.

The Franchise
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Completely different styles. Lynch is much more physical and harder to bring down, Charles is more of a homerun threat but is easier to tackle. I wish we could have both.

You know how I know that you're BlackBob?

Jimmya
01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Charles

GloryDayz
01-30-2014, 10:46 AM

"Really really good RB"

"Nacho" is taken...

boogblaster
01-30-2014, 12:38 PM
JC .. best back in the business .....

Brock
01-30-2014, 01:00 PM
I love JC as a Chief but he's left the two playoff games he's played in early due to injury. He's still got a lot to prove.

He has absolutely nothing to prove.

philfree
01-30-2014, 01:09 PM
He has absolutely nothing to prove.

If the Pro Bowl is the goal I'd agree. And I hope that Jamal feels like he still has something to prove because he wants to win it all.

Mav
01-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Depending on where you play, what division you are in, what kind of defenses you face and what kind of team you are. Dictates this.

From a talent perspective? Its not even close. You cant teach speed, hands, VISION, and acceleration that JC has.

Not sure how JC would do in a true power division like the NFC west where all four teams are more of a power team when it comes to running the ball, and on defense.

Put it this way. I don't think they could swap.

Lynch needs that fullback in front of him at all times, and relies on power, and intimidation.

I don't think with the speed of the AFC West that would work as well, as his bull in the china shop routine does in the NFC West.

And Charles on the other hand, if he were on Seattle, would have to deal with the likes of Bowman/ Willis, Long, Quinn, Laurinitas Ogletree, Dansby, Washington, Tyrann Mathieu, Calies Campbell, Dan Williams, and PP7.

Not exactly a great fit for JC'S play style.

Sure I will get flamed for it. I think Jc is the better back in todays NFL.

Brock
01-30-2014, 01:22 PM
If the Pro Bowl is the goal I'd agree. And I hope that Jamal feels like he still has something to prove because he wants to win it all.

A couple of bad luck injuries don't mean anything. He has proven himself as one of the best backs to ever play in the nfl.

saphojunkie
01-30-2014, 01:26 PM

He should really do some more brain pushups to make his brain stronger so that people can't injure his brain.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Without question Charles is the better overall back. Lynch is more like a faster Jerome Bettis. Charles is an all around back like Marshall Faulk.

philfree
01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
He should really do some more brain pushups to make his brain stronger so that people can't injure his brain.

JC is a great regular season back who needs to step up in the post season. I assume at this point that's his main concern. To step up and win in the playoffs.

ThaVirus
01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
JC is a great regular season back who needs to step up in the post season. I assume at this point that's his main concern. To step up and win in the playoffs.

He had 9 carries for 82 yards and a TD in the playoff game against Baltimore before they started raping us and Haley stopped feeding him.

philfree
01-30-2014, 01:51 PM
He had 9 carries for 82 yards and a TD in the playoff game against Baltimore before they started raping us and Haley stopped feeding him.

Yeah but also fumbled and didn't finish the game. I love the guy but I'm not going to ignore the fact that he hasn't been able to finish a playoff game. That's important. Let's hope that next year is the year for JC in the post season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Matt Cassel threw 27 TDs in 2010 because the team intentional ran play action in every G2G situation to inflate his stats.

It's insulting to Jamaal Charles to even mention a plebeian like Lynch in Charles' presence.

ThaVirus
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah but also fumbled and didn't finish the game. I love the guy but I'm not going to ignore the fact that he hasn't been able to finish a playoff game. That's important. Let's hope that next year is the year for JC in the post season.

He also recovered another fumble...

According to the box score, Jamaal took our second to last carry of that game early in the 3rd quarter and never mentioned him sustaining an injury.

philfree
01-30-2014, 02:28 PM
He also recovered another fumble...

According to the box score, Jamaal took our second to last carry of that game early in the 3rd quarter and never mentioned him sustaining an injury.

Ngata smashed him to the ground on the fumble play and I believe that was the end of the game for Charles. That's what I'm remembering anyway. Box score? :shrug:

ThaVirus
01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Ngata smashed him to the ground on the fumble play and I believe that was the end of the game for Charles. That's what I'm remembering anyway. Box score? :shrug:

ESPN's play by play says he was tackled by Terrence Cody when he fumble and then tackled by Lardarius Webb when he forced and recovered the fumble later on.

Either way, Jamaal still had carries after each of those instances.

I'm not saying you're wrong, a lot of people have been saying he got injured that game, but I don't recall a serious injury myself and am trying to get the facts straight.

The Franchise
01-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Depending on where you play, what division you are in, what kind of defenses you face and what kind of team you are. Dictates this.

From a talent perspective? Its not even close. You cant teach speed, hands, VISION, and acceleration that JC has.

Not sure how JC would do in a true power division like the NFC west where all four teams are more of a power team when it comes to running the ball, and on defense.

Put it this way. I don't think they could swap.

Lynch needs that fullback in front of him at all times, and relies on power, and intimidation.

I don't think with the speed of the AFC West that would work as well, as his bull in the china shop routine does in the NFC West.

And Charles on the other hand, if he were on Seattle, would have to deal with the likes of Bowman/ Willis, Long, Quinn, Laurinitas Ogletree, Dansby, Washington, Tyrann Mathieu, Calies Campbell, Dan Williams, and PP7.

Not exactly a great fit for JC'S play style.

Sure I will get flamed for it. I think Jc is the better back in todays NFL.

We played the NFC West in 2010.

Vs. 49ers = 12 att 97 yards
vs. Cards = 12 att 88 yards
vs. Seahawks = 22 att 173 yards and 1 TD
vs. Rams = 11 att 126 yards and 1 TD

philfree
01-30-2014, 02:52 PM
ESPN's play by play says he was tackled by Terrence Cody when he fumble and then tackled by Lardarius Webb when he forced and recovered the fumble later on.

Either way, Jamaal still had carries after each of those instances.

I'm not saying you're wrong, a lot of people have been saying he got injured that game, but I don't recall a serious injury myself and am trying to get the facts straight.

It was Cody. I thought he went out after that play but my memory has been wrong before.

Rausch
01-30-2014, 02:54 PM
A couple of bad luck injuries don't mean anything. He has proven himself as one of the best backs to ever play in the nfl.

This.

Not best now, BEST EVER.

All this while the offense never having any legit passing threat...

ThaVirus
01-30-2014, 02:59 PM
It was Cody. I thought he went out after that play but my memory has been wrong before.

Hmmm. I don't know.

The last carry JC took that game was a 4 yard loss on 4th and 1. He was tackled by a safety, Dawan Landry.

Like I said, you may be right about an injury. Either way, the game was getting out of hand at that point through no fault of Jamaal's. You really can't expect a RB to have much of an impact in the 4th quarter of a 30-7 game. Honestly, he was the sole reason we even looked competent for 2 quarters anyway

Mav
01-30-2014, 03:55 PM
We played the NFC West in 2010.

Vs. 49ers = 12 att 97 yards
vs. Cards = 12 att 88 yards
vs. Seahawks = 22 att 173 yards and 1 TD
vs. Rams = 11 att 126 yards and 1 TD

But quite the same division at that time I don't think. It's a different world now. 7-9 won that division that year.

Demonpenz
01-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Jamaal was a complete no show in the playoffs. Lynch stepped up big time.

Simplicity
01-30-2014, 05:04 PM
The dude has one cool playoff rushing TD and now people wanna believe he's better then JC?

Simplicity
01-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Jamaal was a complete no show in the playoffs. Lynch stepped up big time.

That's not fair to say that at all... The league kept JC out of the game, he didn't keep himself out... You know for a fact he would've went off if he played.

Deberg_1990
01-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I thought Charles injury in the Ravens playoff game was something with his leg or quad?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Terrence Cody and his 380 pound body squashed Charles and that's when he was out.

GloryDayz
01-30-2014, 06:31 PM
That's not fair to say that at all... The league kept JC out of the game, he didn't keep himself out... You know for a fact he would've went off if he played.

LOL, "next year" he'll know if he really really really wants to play he's going to need to pop-up and ask for a blow so "the league" doesn't pull him and he can clear his head instead of sit-out the last 54 minutes of the team's most important game. Next year....

And "next year" the Chiefs will start to master the rub route. And they'll perfect it the next year, the same year the league starts to call it (maybe) for what it is - just in time for the copy-cats to not benefit from it.

Next year we'll have fast WRs that can stretch the field and catch the ball 95% of the times. Next year they'll all have hands like Tony G..

Next year we'll be better so there's no reason to not repeat the 11-5 regular season record, and maybe improve on it. I'm thinking Andy and a few of our stars should go all Billy Butler and all but promise an AFCW championship...

Next year Sutton will have the D doing new and awesome stuff like rotating to stay fresh, blitzing to help rush the QB, and even running stunts. Heck, he'll have KenDICK Lewis playing better, perhaps at the collegiate level. Next year......

Next year we'll.......

Next year, next year, next year....

-King-
01-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Wow. I can't believe this is actually a question asked on this site.

Deberg_1990
01-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Wow. I can't believe this is actually a question asked on this site.

It's just a discussion. There is no right or wrong answer. A team would be blessed to have either player.

Gadzooks
01-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Marshawn's half brother, Lester Green, was drafted as a RB by the Steelers 2 years ago.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_g5-bZ38yOUE/SIf4WptmGKI/AAAAAAAAA90/zA856PvJkq4/s1600/Steelers_Fan.jpg
The resemblance is uncanny...

listopencil
01-31-2014, 03:48 AM
Jamocha.

WhiteWhale
01-31-2014, 03:52 AM
Hmmm. I don't know.

The last carry JC took that game was a 4 yard loss on 4th and 1. He was tackled by a safety, Dawan Landry.

Like I said, you may be right about an injury. Either way, the game was getting out of hand at that point through no fault of Jamaal's. You really can't expect a RB to have much of an impact in the 4th quarter of a 30-7 game. Honestly, he was the sole reason we even looked competent for 2 quarters anyway

There was controversy there.

The hit that hurt charles was in the 2nd quarter. He played like 4-5 snaps in the 2nd half including that one carry you mentioned. He also came in on pass protection a few times.

Fans were pissed because nobody really knew if he was hurt or if Haley just stopped putting him in the game. He was healthy enough that they brought him in for pass protection and he was not really 'out' of the game. He just wasn't playing very much or carrying the ball. As far as I know the reasoning was never really explained.

Mile High Mania
01-31-2014, 07:58 AM
It's Charles and I don't think it's much of a debate really.

ThaVirus
01-31-2014, 10:53 AM
There was controversy there.

The hit that hurt charles was in the 2nd quarter. He played like 4-5 snaps in the 2nd half including that one carry you mentioned. He also came in on pass protection a few times.

Fans were pissed because nobody really knew if he was hurt or if Haley just stopped putting him in the game. He was healthy enough that they brought him in for pass protection and he was not really 'out' of the game. He just wasn't playing very much or carrying the ball. As far as I know the reasoning was never really explained.

That's the way I remember it. I remember him being a bit gimpy for some reason (and I feel like i remember seeing him grabbing his hand in pain on the sideline at one point), but never actually thought he was legitimately injured.

I think the game just got away from us while Haley was also being an idiot.

listopencil
01-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Jimmy Football.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2014, 11:05 AM
completely different RB's with completely different uses

very hard to compare

Charles is the more versatile

Earthling
01-31-2014, 11:10 AM
If I had a choice it would be JC. Just something about his initials...

Carlota69
01-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, if it wasnt for Manning have the year he did, JC would be the hands down MVP, and his career has been far better than Lynch. Having said that, Id love to have both. We'd be unstoppable.

philfree
01-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Terrence Cody and his 380 pound body squashed Charles and that's when he was out.

Yes. See post#91

Wallcrawler
01-31-2014, 11:37 AM
I like them both, but Jamaal Charles is the better back. He's a threat to go the distance every play, he can run, he can receive, he blocks well, and he was up until his exit 6 plays into the wildcard game, the heart and soul of the KC offense.

Lynch isn't a guy that is going to account for 1/3 of your team's offense despite every defense you face gameplanning specificly to stop him.

Easy 6
01-31-2014, 11:41 AM
Its blowing my mind to see all of these arguments against JC, just wow.

"He wouldn't do as good in the NFCE, not tough enough"... get the **** outta here, "he's too fragile"... get the **** outta here.

The guy bangs his head one time on a fluke play and now he's fragile... get the **** outta here, JC would dominate in ANY division and anyone saying otherwise is mainlining Krokodil.

TheUte
01-31-2014, 01:57 PM
It's just has to be JC, it's simple he can make every play and any down.

GloryDayz
01-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Its blowing my mind to see all of these arguments against JC, just wow.

"He wouldn't do as good in the NFCE, not tough enough"... get the **** outta here, "he's too fragile"... get the **** outta here.

The guy bangs his head one time on a fluke play and now he's fragile... get the **** outta here, JC would dominate in ANY division and anyone saying otherwise is mainlining Krokodil.

You're right, he would dominate. And I think he learned his lesson (as did most of the league - at the Chiefs expense) that you ask for a breather to self-diagnose your concussion (if you can) if you want to play.

DON'T leave it up to some NFL doctor who's partly being paid to make a point and "play it safe".

He'll know better next year...

Next year!

Easy 6
01-31-2014, 04:46 PM
You're right, he would dominate. And I think he learned his lesson (as did most of the league - at the Chiefs expense) that you ask for a breather to self-diagnose your concussion (if you can) if you want to play.

DON'T leave it up to some NFL doctor who's partly being paid to make a point and "play it safe".

He'll know better next year...

Dude, he didn't have a CHOICE in the matter... he laid there too still for too long, he was OUT even if just briefly... they weren't going to let him back in after that no matter how virulently he protested.

And even they would've let him back in, he had NO business being out there after that... I would prefer to not see the guy in a wheelchair for the sake of one game, we've got atleast 2 more years with JC.

GloryDayz
01-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Dude, he didn't have a CHOICE in the matter... he laid there too still for too long, he was OUT even if just briefly... they weren't going to let him back in after that no matter how virulently he protested.

And even they would've let him back in, he had NO business being out there after that... I would prefer to not see the guy in a wheelchair for the sake of one game, we've got atleast 2 more years with JC.

He's convinced he didn't have a concussion. But like you say, it was totally taken out of his hands.

If he had one good for the NFL and JC, but if he didn't, that sucks! And I find it depressing that he's still thinking he didn't. I'd at least like somebody to say he absolutely did - it would just sit a lot better.

ThaVirus
01-31-2014, 09:32 PM
He's convinced he didn't have a concussion. But like you say, it was totally taken out of his hands.

If he had one good for the NFL and JC, but if he didn't, that sucks! And I find it depressing that he's still thinking he didn't. I'd at least like somebody to say he absolutely did - it would just sit a lot better.

Just like RGIII was sure that he could still play..

Buzz
01-31-2014, 09:36 PM
JC is the Bruce Lee of running backs, you never get a direct hit.

GloryDayz
01-31-2014, 10:02 PM
Just like RGIII was sure that he could still play..

Good point, but I'm not sure they're quite the same thing in terms of being MRI-provable. Not that they can't do an MRI, and it could show something (IDK), but I've not heard they did that to prove it to him and make him feel better about being held out of the game.

Oh well, it's all good, all I hear the Chiefs doing (kind of like Billy Butler) is saying they'll be better next year (they have Andy Reid - I guess he may suit-up and play instead of KenDICK or something) so now they either have to put up or shut up (or make more excuses). I don't see it, but I hope I'm wrong.

Simply Red
01-31-2014, 10:17 PM
you know what? - we haven't seen Charles' best - I think his best year is yet to come. I can't say with a straight face that that injury in the playoffs doesn't affect my faith a tad, because it's hard to ignore that. But still - I think w/ Charles if he stays on the weights and can pack a tad more muscle, he'll have a bauce year, next yr or two.

Easy 6
01-31-2014, 10:29 PM
you know what? - we haven't seen Charles' best - I think his best year is yet to come. I can't say with a straight face that that injury in the playoffs doesn't affect my faith a tad, because it's hard to ignore that. But still - I think w/ Charles if he stays on the weights and can pack a tad more muscle, he'll have a bauce year, next yr or two.

With a solid line and better threats to his outside, not too mention a more efficient Smythe in the pocket to worry defenses?... oh yeah, its entirely possible he has his best year as a pro in 2014.

GloryDayz
01-31-2014, 10:33 PM
JC is the Bruce Lee of running backs, you never get a direct hit.

Well..............

http://www.thenewyorkworld.com/wp-content/uploads/limonada.jpg

Buzz
01-31-2014, 10:42 PM

Charles is who he is, he is not beat up because he doesn't take the hit. Age is going to catch up with him and the rest of the team. Herm got it right with the rebuild, front office screwed it up.

ThaVirus
01-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Jamaal doesn't even need to get better. There isn't a weakness in his game and he's not injury prone.

He's been our best player ever since he broke out in 2009.

Baby Lee
02-01-2014, 06:24 AM
Marshawn's half brother, Lester Green, was drafted as a RB by the Steelers 2 years ago.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_g5-bZ38yOUE/SIf4WptmGKI/AAAAAAAAA90/zA856PvJkq4/s1600/Steelers_Fan.jpg
The resemblance is uncanny...

That guy is as bad as can.

Al Bundy
02-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Lynch.