PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 43

Rain Man
01-30-2014, 12:08 AM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PA-mYIDJ2Hw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The link was broken in the nomination thread, but I think this is the documentary. It's the full one, so go to about 6:20 to start the scene and it goes about 1 minute. I think this is the right scene, at least. dmahurin nominated it and can correct me if I'm wrong.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9VdHF714ysM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cyX5DlQ7E0Y?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
01-30-2014, 12:12 AM
My votes:

#1 - Stand By Me. What the hell is Goofy? It cracks me up every time.

#2 - Dancing Outlaw. It looks intriguing from a freak show perspective, but it doesn't make me happy.

#3 - 61*. I don't enjoy scenes where people argue. Sorry. Not my gig.

Rain Man
01-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Stand By Me pitches a no-hitter with only five walks.