PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm Sick of Hearing How Guys Like Wilson and Kapernick

philfree
02-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Are going to change the way the QB position is played. It's a narrative that's nothing more then BS. And if they are changing it then it's for the worse. One needs to look no further then this years top offenses. The best offensives are run by pocket QBs. The best O of all time is run by the least mobile QB in the league. Still they push the narrative.

Didn't Alex Smith lead the QBs in rushing this year? They don't say Axle is changing the way QB is played though. :rolleyes:

BlackHelicopters
02-02-2014, 01:33 PM
In.

GloucesterChief
02-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Not sure why Wilson is lumped in with Kaep and RGIII. Wilson can run but it really isn't his game. He is more like Luck then Kaep or Griffin.

Deberg_1990
02-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I remember when Vick was going to revolutionize the NFL!

RealSNR
02-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Russell Wilson is NOT a fucking running QB :facepalm:

BlackHelicopters
02-02-2014, 01:35 PM
It's a pocket passing league.

ILChief
02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Russell Wilson is NOT a fucking running QB :facepalm:

He's black

Jimmya
02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Pocket passers for life!

Demonpenz
02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
coach made me try out for defensive back cause he said I had quick feet!

Easy 6
02-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Wilson is already a mile and a half ahead of Kaep as a pocket passer and he'll have a more successful career because of it.

philfree
02-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Not sure why Wilson is lumped in with Kaep and RGIII. Wilson can run but it really isn't his game. He is more like Luck then Kaep or Griffin.

Yep they lump him in with the others.

Jimmya
02-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Because he's black.

loochy
02-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Didn't Alex Smith lead the QBs in rushing this year? They don't say Axle is changing the way QB is played though. :rolleyes:

white

Rasputin
02-02-2014, 01:44 PM
The theory is having a duel threat quarterback one that can pass and run to ex-cape the sack and extend plays by there feet.

Aaron Rodgers is the perfect example he can do both but is precise with the football. He has taken a lot of sacks so maybe not that good of an example but he can take off when he has too.

BlackHelicopters
02-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Russell Wilson is black?

Deberg_1990
02-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Luck is pretty light on his feet.

BossChief
02-02-2014, 01:56 PM
For a team to win a championship, their quarterback is REQUIRED to be a pocket passer first. Teams put too much of their available resources into building an offense with a lot of playmakers for a guy to win it all only using 1 or 2 reads...defenses are too good.

They need to respect your ability to attack every zone of the field or they learn to only focus on the areas you can attack and take away everything you can do.

This is exactly why most discredited the first 10 games of the year of Alex Smiths...he didnt do that. He only checked down or threw to guys that were WIDE OPEN only. That style only gets a team so far.

It's also why he made a lot of us his fans over the course of the final 7 games (including the playoffs) he was getting the ball to the receivers a lot more and not limiting the offense. He was throwing accurately timed and placed passes to the short, intermediate and deep zones when the play was there to be made and when there wasnt anything there, he was killing teams with his legs.

I loved how he ALWAYS slid to avoid contact during the regular season, but was diving for yardage in the playoff game. The guy went out there and layed it all on the line for this team. If he can continue to do that, there is no reason he can't have a string of really big years in KC. He understands the moment very well and knows when to be safe and when to go and leave it all on the field.

I'm anxious to see how he continues to develop.

MMXcalibur
02-02-2014, 02:03 PM
WE NEED MORE BLACK QUARTERBACKS

RealSNR
02-02-2014, 02:05 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j2odOu0Oguo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
02-02-2014, 02:05 PM
The only thing that's revolutionary is the manner in which coaching staffs utilize the young QB's mobility while developing their pocket IQ.

Rasputin
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Doug Williams

BossChief
02-02-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm not entirely sure Kaepernick hasn't peaked. He doesn't seem to have gotten better as a passer from his first game played (when he replaced Alex) to his last game played. It seems defenses have adjusted and he has no counter punch.

If he doesn't develop those skills as a passer and continues to expect a big payday, he will probably be replaced and rightfully so.

Brock
02-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Shit. Kaepernick went up against the best d in the league in their house and came real close to beating them. Nothing at all to be ashamed of.

philfree
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Defense and Pocket QBs win championships.

BossChief
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Shit. Kaepernick went up against the best d in the league in their house and came real close to beating them. Nothing at all to be ashamed of.

The fact that he is mostly a 1 read guy cost them the game, though.

Go back and watch that last play. If he went to his second read, almost everyone else was open for a first down. He hasn't shown the ability to be a pocket passer and he probably only has next year to show he has the ability to develop as one.

I hope he develops because the league needs talents like him to succeed more often.

Ragged Robin
02-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm fine with Wilson. He doesn't crutch on his run ability like Kaepernick HAS to in order to make up for limited passing skills. Wilson uses his mobility to make plays downfield. Kaepernick is one read and run.

BlackHelicopters
02-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Tyler Bray.

chiefzilla1501
02-02-2014, 02:53 PM
So you're upset about Kaepernick and Wilson making the Super Bowl? What's the alternative? The way it's been in the past where the same 3 QBs are in every fucking Super Bowl?

I'm happy to see this trend, because I think it gives non-elite QBs a fighting chance at winning a Super Bowl. I'm not high on a pure running QB, and I don't know that anybody is, but the way Cam and Russell Wilson take care of business is a whole different thing entirely. And I'm curious to see if RGIII can eventually become that guy, if he isn't pampered and is forced to play in a more traditional offense.

Hammock Parties
02-02-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm sick of other teams having young QBs that they drafted and not us.

Brock
02-02-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm fine with Wilson. He doesn't crutch on his run ability like Kaepernick HAS to in order to make up for limited passing skills. Wilson uses his mobility to make plays downfield. Kaepernick is one read and run.

And yet, he only ran the ball about 1.5 times more per game than smith. And put up very similar numbers to smith in every category. Hmm. It's a mystery for the ages.

Deberg_1990
02-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm sick of other teams having young QBs that they drafted and not us.

What difference does it make how you get your QB as long as the team wins? Lots of young QBs get drafted high, hyped for awhile, yet never win a damn thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
02-02-2014, 03:10 PM
What difference does it make how you get your QB as long as the team wins? Lots of young QBs get drafted high, hyped for awhile, yet never win a damn thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

And how many Alex Smiths win SBs? About 1 every 10 years.

houstonwhodat
02-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Are going to change the way the QB position is played. It's a narrative that's nothing more then BS. And if they are changing it then it's for the worse. One needs to look no further then this years top offenses. The best offensives are run by pocket QBs. The best O of all time is run by the least mobile QB in the league. Still they push the narrative.

JFC and you don't know why the media types are pushing this?

REALLY YOU DON'T????

Peyton Manning will embarrass the Bitchawks.

houstonwhodat
02-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Because he's black.

I love this thread.

Pocket passers rule.

houstonwhodat
02-02-2014, 03:14 PM
The theory is having a duel threat quarterback one that can pass and run to ex-cape the sack and extend plays by there feet.

Aaron Rodgers is the perfect example he can do both but is precise with the football. He has taken a lot of sacks so maybe not that good of an example but he can take off when he has too.

But AR is not black.

ThaVirus
02-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It matters because drafting your own QB often gives you several more years of production from the guy.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-02-2014, 03:44 PM
"They're all black. .and they can all run."-OP lol

Kaepernick
02-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Russell Wilson is NOT a ****ing running QB :facepalm:

Russell Wilson, 96 rushing attempts in the 2013 regular season, with 4 games of 10 rushing attempts or more.

Not a running QB.

Cam Newton, 111 rushing attempts in the 2013 regular season, with 3 games of 10 rushing attempts or more.

IS a running QB.

Colin Kaepernick, 92 rushing attempts in the 2013 regular season, with 1 single game of 10 rushing attempts or more.

ALSO IS a running QB.

Ok, gotcha. One question. What years did you fail math? Wilson comes slotted in between Newton and Kaepernick, so which of these guys is a pure pocket passer??

Right --None of them.

This isn't directed at you alone, but all the people here saying Wilson runs any less than Newton or Kaepernick.