PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Early Power Rankings

Jimmya
02-07-2014, 09:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-premature-2014-nfl-power-rankings-212859606--nfl.html

Rausch
02-07-2014, 09:34 AM
No 10 is probably about right...

Dave Lane
02-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Chiefs are a fraud at #10. I'd say 15-20 next year given the schedule we have.

Could change with a great draft and FA. Maybe then a push to 10-15. Not now.

Rausch
02-07-2014, 09:40 AM

Could change with a great draft and FA. Maybe then a push to 10-15. Not now.

In play and talent we're a top 10 team.

Our record next year will be worse though. 8 or 9 wins is all I see us getting...

OldSchool
02-07-2014, 09:45 AM
If the Chiefs could improve our shitty defense we should be fine next year.

htismaqe
02-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Well they certainly have work to do. That pick they traded away for Smith could have been the next Flowers.

OldSchool
02-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Well they certainly have work to do. That pick they traded away for Smith could have been the next Flowers.

Should go defense with the first pick; I would prefer adding to the secondary over the DL because we can't cover anyone for more than 2 seconds which makes our pass rush useless regardless of who we have. Need to get a good safety in FA and a good cover corner in the draft.

htismaqe
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Should go defense with the first pick; I would prefer adding to the secondary over the DL because we can't cover anyone for more than 2 seconds which makes our pass rush useless regardless of who we have. Need to get a good safety in FA and a good cover corner in the draft.

If there were a decent OLB/pass rusher there at #23, that's one thing.

I'm absolutely not in favor of spending another 1st rounder on a defensive linemen when the scheme, to some extent, limits his ability to be a true pass rusher. Sure, we need guys to collapse the pocket but the pass rush is going to come from the edges in this defense.

To me, that makes DB (CB or S) a better value at #23.

KC Dan
02-07-2014, 09:54 AM
safety first. In more ways than one...

OldSchool
02-07-2014, 09:58 AM
The safety class is really weak this year. Would be a waste to use our 1st on one. The only value is 3rd and later, any higher than that and you'll be reaching.

htismaqe
02-07-2014, 10:00 AM
The safety class is really weak this year. The only value is 3rd and later, any higher than that and you'll be reaching.

It really depends on if someone falls. There's a couple guys absolutely worth the #23 but they'll also likely be gone before then.

That's why I'm going TE with the first pick. Best value, biggest impact.

Strongside
02-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Anyone pointing to the schedule and saying we'll have a bad year at this point should just stop. You CANNOT determine strength of schedule in the NFL before the season...or during even. Hell, this time last year I thought we'd be lucky to win 6 games based on our schedule...no one could foresee the NFC East completely tanking and us catching a string of backup quarterbacks. The point is, you just never know witht this league.

My only issue with this particular list is the Eagles being at number 7. They had a good run and finished strong, but are losing some key players and 11-12 seems more accurate for that team. I'd put kc 9-11.

BigMeatballDave
02-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Don't really care about the rankings.

Why did they comment on the schedule for the Chiefs and not Denver? Why does Denver get away with playing an easy schedule without criticism?

loochy
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Meh. I agree with our position.

I'd flip philly and the colts though

htismaqe
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM

Why did they comment on the schedule for the Chiefs and not Denver? Why does Denver get away with playing an easy schedule without criticism?

Good point.

BigMeatballDave
02-07-2014, 10:11 AM

Could change with a great draft and FA. Maybe then a push to 10-15. Not now.So much hate in your heart. You need Jesus. God loves you. :evil:

OldSchool
02-07-2014, 10:14 AM
It really depends on if someone falls. There's a couple guys absolutely worth the #23 but they'll also likely be gone before then.

That's why I'm going TE with the first pick. Best value, biggest impact.

Ha Ha, like virtually every single Saban DB, is going to bust in the NFL. Jimmie Ward is going to be a better and more productive player in the NFL. Both Ha Ha and Pryor will be overvalued and overdrafted because of the emerging premium on safeties and the fact that they are perceived as the two best safeties in this class; they are both 2nd round talents who will possibly go in the 1st. Of the two, I would much rather have Pryor as he has more of a chance to become the next Eric Reid.

My biggest issue with Pryor is that I'm not sure how he's going to deal with the deep ball. He is great when running towards the LOS in run support or coming up to deliver a big hit on a shorter route, but I'm not convinced that he's going to be any better than Kendricks and Demps on a deep ball. Hoping that Commings and Abdullah step up and we take Jimmie Ward if he's there in the 3rd.

Mojo Jojo
02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Seems a little high, but 8-13 seem to be about the same quality of team so can't argue.

Oxford
02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
The safety class is really weak this year. Would be a waste to use our 1st on one. The only value is 3rd and later, any higher than that and you'll be reaching.

Any college QB's we can convert to FS..?

BoneKrusher
02-07-2014, 11:30 AM
the Weapon Smith needs is Jerry Ricecake but i'd say the Texans take him number one overall.

GordonGekko
02-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Seems a little high, but 8-13 seem to be about the same quality of team so can't argue.

8-13 tier teams lose 6 out of their last 8??

BlackHelicopters
02-07-2014, 11:43 AM
#10 won't get us in the 4 team playoff for the national title.

TEX
02-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Just like the rules, they are above the criticism...

Halfcan
02-07-2014, 01:39 PM
So much hate in your heart. You need Jesus. God loves you. :evil:

LMAO

BlackHelicopters
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
AJ Jenkins.

milkman
02-09-2014, 10:50 AM

IMO, there are 3 things the Chiefs must do to improve this defense.

First and foremost, sit Bob Sutton down in the film room and have him watch nothing but tape of the Seahawk defense.

Second, drill in him the concept of keeping players fresh by utilizing the talent that sat on the bench through most of the year.
It was clear in that final regular season game that Powe and Howard are guys with the talent to help this team.

Third, bring in a FS that can actually play.

Oh, and a fourth thing, find a pass rusher at OLB that can take some snaps from Hali and Houston.

Rausch
02-09-2014, 10:55 AM
IMO, there are 3 things the Chiefs must do to improve this defense.

First and foremost, sit Bob Sutton down in the film room and have him watch nothing but tape of the Seahawk defense.

Second, drill in him the concept of keeping players fresh by utilizing the talent that sat on the bench through most of the year.
It was clear in that final regular season game that Powe and Howard are guys with the talent to help this team.

Third, bring in a FS that can actually play.

Oh, and a fourth thing, find a pass rusher at OLB that can take some snaps from Hali and Houston.

This.

I don't know what Powe did to piss Sutton off but he's been solid every time they plug him in...

greatgooglymoogly
02-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Thank God they traded that pick away, then.