PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 54

Rain Man
02-08-2014, 05:21 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EM-lxsxeXBI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7Qn3tel9FWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NozTBxTtprM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
02-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Pretty good selection here.

#1 - Almost Famous. This scene should go deep into the tournament. Well done, and the two sentences of dialogue are so powerful.

#2 - A Fish Called Wanda. Kevin Cline was amazing in this movie, and this scene is a good encapsulation of it.

#3 - Blazing Saddles. The rape line at the end made me laugh. My, how times have changed. But Mel Brooks seems to think that everyone is either Jewish or enjoys Jewish jokes.

Baby Lee
02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd love to vote for Almost Famous, but that has Marc Maron in it, so that'd be the obscure and obnoxious choice.

Tiny Dancer is the one song I wish I sang well enough to sing at Karoake.

But Kevin Kline's reactions to Michael Palin, and Michael's delightful gasp when Kevin daggers the seal poster make up an awesome scene in it's own right.

The Blazing Saddles scene is all right, but there are a half dozen scenes in the same movie alone I'd pick over it.

cosmo20002
02-08-2014, 06:39 PM
and pretentious

cosmo20002
02-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Whenever a new heat appears, I find myself playing a little game where I guess how Rain Man ranked them. I'm probably about 75% on getting the #1 correct.

Easy 6
02-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Slim Pickens better run away with this mfer...

Rasputin
02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
It better be Blazing Saddles or your all nothing but a bunch of Kansas City pillowbitergots.

listopencil
02-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Pretty good selection here.

#1 - Almost Famous. This scene should go deep into the tournament. Well done, and the two sentences of dialogue are so powerful.

#2 - A Fish Called Wanda. Kevin Cline was amazing in this movie, and this scene is a good encapsulation of it.

#3 - Blazing Saddles. The rape line at the end made me laugh. My, how times have changed. But Mel Brooks seems to think that everyone is either Jewish or enjoys Jewish jokes.

I agree. And I love that song.

KC_Connection
02-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Blazing Saddles is going to knock out a great scene here, it looks like. Went with Tiny Dancer from Almost Famous.

Rain Man
02-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Whenever a new heat appears, I find myself playing a little game where I guess how Rain Man ranked them. I'm probably about 75% on getting the #1 correct.

That means that you either have good taste or you're good at guessing what good taste is. How often do we agree?

Rain Man
02-09-2014, 08:04 AM
This is another inexplicable heat. the road trip and camaraderie of Almost famous is losing to a rape joke? there is still time to save it and prove that we are tasteful connoisseurs of film.

whoman69
02-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Classic skit from Blazing Saddles. I used to have the sound file on my old computer way back when. Slim Pickens...

Baby Lee
02-09-2014, 10:43 AM
This is another inexplicable heat. the road trip and camaraderie of Almost famous is losing to a rape joke? there is still time to save it and prove that we are tasteful connoisseurs of film.

This is a bullfuck of a poll.

I'm a huge Slim Pickens fan, but that clip does nothing for me.

Not compared to KC pilowmunchers, or shitload of dimes.

Rain Man
02-11-2014, 06:51 PM
This kills me. (Sigh.) Blazing Saddles moves on.