PDA

View Full Version : Football It'll be a buyer's market for free-agent receivers

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2014, 11:40 AM EST

As teams begin to plan their eventual 53-man rosters, there are currently 53 receivers scheduled to be available in free agency. That’s the number of unrestricted and restricted free agents at the position who’ll be available as of March 11, barring a new contract with their current teams.

It’s bad news for the individual players, since it creates a team-friendly market. With so many wideouts looking for new homes, owners and executives will be able to squeeze agents into taking less.

The full list appears below. The most intriguing 10 names to watch are Anquan Boldin, Riley Cooper, Eric Decker, Julian Edelman, Jacoby Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Dexter McCluster, Hakeem Nicks, Emmanuel Sanders, and Golden Tate.

Nicks surely entered the season thinking that he could get the same five-year, $60 million package handed last year by the Dolphins to Mike Wallace. Nicks won’t get that from the Giants. On the open market, he may encounter teams who are concerned that his contract-year slump may not have been a one-year thing.

The list could grow, as more receivers are cut from their current contracts. One big name to consider in that regard is Wes Welker. The Broncos’ slot receiver will see his cap number double from $4 million to $8 million in 2014. That could be enough to prompt the Broncos to try to squeeze Welker to take less. If he doesn’t, he could be gone.

Likewise, Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice is expected to be dumped from the latter years of a big-money contract.

When the dust settles, the big winners could be the Patriots, who surely will be looking to bulk up at the position without spending a lot of money. Last year, they signed Sanders to an offer sheet. This year, they’d be able to add him without giving the Steelers a chance to match or compensation if they choose not to.

Seyi Ajirotutu (Chargers)

Danario Alexander (Chargers)

Doug Baldwin (Seahawks; restricted)

Anquan Boldin (49ers)

Deion Branch (Colts)

Dezmon Briscoe (Redskins; restricted)

Kenny Britt (Titans)

Plaxico Burress (Steelers)

Andre Caldwell (Broncos)

Austin Collie (Patriots)

Kevin Cone (Falcons; restricted)

Riley Cooper (Eagles)

Jerricho Cotchery (Steelers)

Josh Cribbs (Jets)

Tandon Doss (Ravens; restricted)

Eric Decker (Broncos)

Julian Edelman (Patriots)

Jacoby Ford (Raiders)

Ted Ginn (Panthers)

Andrew Hawkins (Bengals; restricted)

Lavelle Hawkins (Chargers)

Devin Hester (Bears)

Darrius Heyward-Bey (Colts)

Domenik Hixon (Panthers)

Lestar Jean (Texans; restricted)

Jacoby Jones (Ravens)

James Jones (Packers)

Brandon LaFell (Panthers)

Jeremy Maclin (Eagles)

Mario Manningham (49ers)

Marc Mariani (Titans)

Dexter McCluster (Chiefs)

Robert Meachem (Saints)

Marlon Moore (Dolphins)

Joseph Morgan (Saints; restricted)

Josh Morgan (Redskins)

Santana Moss (Redskins)

Louis Murphy (Giants)

Hakeem Nicks (Giants)

Kevin Ogletree (Lions)

Kassim Osgood (49ers)

Taylor Price (Jaguars)

Andre Roberts (Cardinals)

Emmanuel Sanders (Steelers)

Dane Sanzenbacher (Bengals; restricted)

Jerome Simpson (Vikings)

Micheal Spurlock (Lions)

Brandon Stokley (Ravens)

Brandon Tate (Bengals)

Golden Tate (Seahawks)

Tiquan Underwood (Buccaneers)

Damian Williams (Titans)

Kyle Williams (Chiefs)

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 11:07 AM
we have Avery brah.

Easy 6
02-12-2014, 11:09 AM
If Dorsey/Reid want Maclin its sounding like we'll be bidding against the Jets for his services... if he wants to go where he'll fit in immediately and play for a winner, he'd be smart to take a little bit less from KC.

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 11:11 AM
If Dorsey/Reid want Maclin its sounding like we'll be bidding against the Jets for his services... if he wants to go where he'll fit in immediately and play for a winner, he'd be smart to take a little bit less from KC.

you're underestimating the power of Chunt!

greatgooglymoogly
02-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Yeah, but why would Maclin turn down the chance to play with Geno Smith, teh greatest QB EVAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

alpha_omega
02-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Damn, that's a lot of names.

Easy 6
02-12-2014, 11:16 AM

LMAO

Yeah, but why would Maclin turn down the chance to play with Geno Smith, teh greatest QB EVAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:hail:

Donger
02-12-2014, 11:18 AM

That's nice. I'm going to steal that and rename one of the wife's cats "Chuntly."

It has a nice ring to it.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-12-2014, 11:20 AM

he can throw it & catch it too, though

philfree
02-12-2014, 11:21 AM
And the draft is loaded at WR.

Dunerdr
02-12-2014, 11:44 AM
So we may finally be fucked at the right time? Dorseid is the difference!

Marco Polo
02-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Absolutely no excuse this year if we don't get WR help

Titty Meat
02-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Golden Tate or James Jones please

Direckshun
02-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Devin Hester's old special teams coach is here.

Just saying.

I'd also take a look at Kenny Britt if his head was right.

RippedmyFlesh
02-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Would love to see the donkeys lose decker and welker.

milkman
02-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Just saying.

Devon Hester at WR is a failed experiment.

vailpass
02-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Just saying.

What role would Hester fill for KC that they don't already have covered?

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Will Avery be here next season? - do you pro's know? I really have no clue about much of the contracts, etc etc...

Direckshun
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Will Avery be here next season? - do you pro's know? I really have no clue about much of the contracts, etc etc...

Avery's almost certainly staying.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Seattle fans are convinced that the team will resign Golden Tate. Which fucking sucks, because I'd love to see him in KC.

vailpass
02-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Seattle fans are convinced that the team will resign Golden Tate. Which ****ing sucks, because I'd love to see him in KC.

I'm sure they're convinced they want him resigned.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm sure they're convinced they want him resigned.

Can't blame them for that. One of the sports radio guys there always seems to have a pulse on what the team will do in the offseason. This is one instance in which I hope he's wrong. As long as Denver doesn't get him that is...

;)

vailpass
02-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Can't blame them for that. One of the sports radio guys there always seems to have a pulse on what the team will do in the offseason. This is one instance in which I hope he's wrong. As long as Denver doesn't get him that is...

;)

Hear you. Denver doesn't really have room for him if they keep decker.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Seattle fans are convinced that the team will resign Golden Tate. Which ****ing sucks, because I'd love to see him in KC.

I think Tate already came out and said that he wanted to stay in Seattle and would be willing to give a home town discount.

RippedmyFlesh
02-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Being restricted he is prob staying but I like Doug Baldwin. Love the way he fights for the ball. He made a lot of plays for them down the stretch.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Manning and Brady have made JAGs look like stars for so long. Is age catching up to them?

vailpass
02-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Manning and Brady have made JAGs look like stars for so long. Is age catching up to them?

? What makes you ask?

RippedmyFlesh
02-12-2014, 12:41 PM

I know they ran more this year but if I am NE I clear some cap space and go after a couple of guys on this list. Boldon and Nicks. Nicks could have a Moss like experience in NE.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Brady isn't getting it done like he use to. Smoke & mirrors always has been part of Peyton's game(intelligence for most). With the arm strength being less reliable it's more so now

notorious
02-12-2014, 12:50 PM
I am not a big fan of FA WR's.

vailpass
02-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Brady isn't getting it done like he use to. Smoke & mirrors always has been part of Peyton's game(intelligence for most). With the arm strength being less reliable it's more so now

Brady got to the afc championship with a shit D and without either stud TE in a TE based O. He had no name WRs.

Manning set the all time NFL offensive record.

No doubt father time is coming but I didn't see it this year...

Iconic
02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Mario Manningham would be a nice inexpensive upgrade over Avery and McCluster. NVM, Just realized he's coming of a ACL... PASS.

RippedmyFlesh
02-12-2014, 12:53 PM

Give Brady 1/2 the weapons manning has and he would be back to 30-40 td a year. Manning throws ducks Brady still has some zip on the ball.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Aging says Tom & Peyton need higher end talent now more than ever. Nature taking it's course

Easy 6
02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
If not Maclin, Hakeem Nicks is an intriguing option...

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 12:56 PM
guys relax.

We have Avery.

vailpass
02-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Aging says Tom & Peyton need higher end talent now more than ever. Nature taking it's course

For sure they're at the end, not the beginning...Wonder when Discount Double check becomes a FA?

Fritz88
02-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Its safe to bet that we will be in for Mclain and Cooper. I'd really take either with more preference to Cooper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Avery's almost certainly staying.

http://i.imgur.com/JYyuiP0.jpg

Mr. Laz
02-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Its safe to bet that we will be in for Mclain and Cooper. I'd really take either with more preference to Cooper.
Posted via Mobile Device

can i get a decoder ring?

Easy 6
02-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Avery needs a demotion, but he isn't worthless either, I'd like to keep him around.

milkman
02-12-2014, 01:27 PM
can i get a decoder ring?

Really?

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Really?

milk,

Do you like Avery? or just explain your thoughts of him. Is there any way this man can break out into a special player - maybe not to the DEGREE that Crabtree did - but sort of 'HOW' Crabtree did - could Avery break out like that? Of course I don't think his talent would erupt to that level - but is there anymore potential - of is he what he is??

BlackHelicopters
02-12-2014, 01:32 PM

It is spelled ChUNT

TLO
02-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I am not a big fan of FA WR's.

I'm not a big fan of the WR's on our roster.

milkman
02-12-2014, 01:37 PM
milk,

Do you like Avery? or just explain your thoughts of him. Is there any way this man can break out into a special player - maybe not to the DEGREE that Crabtree did - but sort of 'HOW' Crabtree did - could Avery break out like that? Of course I don't think his talent would erupt to that level - but is there anymore potential - of is he what he is??

Coming out of Houston, I really liked Avery's potential, but he's never played to the level I believed he was capable of achieving.

That is the result of a lack of focus and commitment.

He could eventually still find that focus and play to the level of his talent, but that's probably unlikely.

He'd be ok as a 4th receiver, but I would have no qualms should the Chiefs move on from him.

FishingRod
02-12-2014, 01:42 PM
If not Maclin, Hakeem Nicks is an intriguing option...

I had a fairly high opinion of Nicks when I put him on my fantasy team as depth at WR last year. Unfortunately I caught the same number of TDs as he did.

Easy 6
02-12-2014, 02:12 PM
I had a fairly high opinion of Nicks when I put him on my fantasy team as depth at WR last year. Unfortunately I caught the same number of TDs as he did.

Some of it was surely on him but in fairness, Eli couldn't find his ass with both hands in 2013.

Direckshun
02-12-2014, 02:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JYyuiP0.jpg

ROFL

tecumseh
02-12-2014, 02:34 PM
How about LaFell? Will the Panthers let him go? Too expensive?

JENKINSWINS
02-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Coming out of Houston, I really liked Avery's potential, but he's never played to the level I believed he was capable of achieving.

That is the result of a lack of focus and commitment.

He could eventually still find that focus and play to the level of his talent, but that's probably unlikely.

He'd be ok as a 4th receiver, but I would have no qualms should the Chiefs move on from him.

His problem is with trying to stay healthy and like you said focus. I really thought highly of him but after seeing him drop so many easy passes and being unable to stay healthy throughout yet another season has me second guessing him.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Really?
nope ... just need reading lessons

o:-)

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Chiefs sign Ford and DHB. #SuperBowl

Psyko Tek
02-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Damn, that's a lot of names.

and many I do not know
or on thre downslide of their career

-King-
02-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...I didn't know Emmanuel Sanders was a FA.

If we were going the FA route, he's who I'd want, in order:

Jeremy Maclin (Eagles)
James Jones (Packers)

Dunerdr
02-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Hmmm...I didn't know Emmanuel Sanders was a FA.

If we were going the FA route, he's who I'd want, in order:

Jeremy Maclin (Eagles)
James Jones (Packers)

I think I've seen James jones catch one ball. I'm guessing he's decent? Sanders didn't look terrible for the abortion of a team the steelers were.

BossChief
02-14-2014, 01:38 AM
There are also about 25 receivers in this class that have a third round or higher grade.

Now reason not to double dip and really bolster the position this offseason. Give Alex Smith the best weapons of his career and see what these guys can do to make a run at giving Peyton some unhappy endings.

Push those chips in and lets play ball.

Simply Red
02-14-2014, 05:04 AM
Chiefs sign Ford and DHB. #SuperBowl

Avery + McCluster are much better brah, trust me.

RustShack
02-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Bowe
Maclin
Avery
Rookie

Also sign Hester if the price is right... Guessing it won't be but wanting to be used like McCluster and back with his ST's coach wouldn't shock me.

Simply Red
02-14-2014, 05:15 AM
Bowe
Maclin
Avery
Rookie

Also sign Hester if the price is right... Guessing it won't be but wanting to be used like McCluster and back with his ST's coach wouldn't shock me.

Rust - what IS the latest w/ Maclin, are the Chiefs talking to him? any word on that?

TEX
02-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Bowe
Maclin
Avery
Rookie

I like the list but...WHY not just sign McCluster to "use like McCluster?" He could likely be had for less than Hester...If the Chiefs got 500+ yards receiving out of him in year 1 of Reid, makes sense they'll get more out of him as the offense evolves. Not to mention the fact that Dex can spell RB if necessary, and Hester cant. Dex is an ascending player, Hester isnt. You can do more with Dex. Id just hate to lose Dex when his best years are ahead. I dont mind overpaying a bit to keep him. Just my take...

TEX
02-14-2014, 07:50 AM
There are also about 25 receivers in this class that have a third round or higher grade.

Now reason not to double dip and really bolster the position this offseason. Give Alex Smith the best weapons of his career and see what these guys can do to make a run at giving Peyton some unhappy endings.

Push those chips in and lets play ball.

I agree. Take advantage of the glut and go for it. Id also REALLY like to see them get a TE that can do more in the passing game, not to mention stay healthy. Fasano / Duck Dynasty are both #2 types (Fasano can block a bit better, but thats not saying much) and no way Id count on Kelce for anything.

R8RFAN
02-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Should the Raiders take a QB? or should they take Sammy Watkins with a crop of F/A receivers like this?

OldSchool
02-14-2014, 08:23 AM
The amount of FAs coupled with the depth of this year's WR draft class will force a lot of good vets to take less than what they should be making. Expect many 1-year prove it type deals from guys like Maclin, Nicks, Alexander, etc.

Just Passin' By
02-14-2014, 08:29 AM

The Patriots were #3 in scoring despite losing Hernandez in the offseason, not having Gronk for most of the year, having Amendola shred his groin in the first game of the season, having to start 2 rookies at WR (including one UDFA rookie), and basically having a converted QB as his only healthy receiving option for a significant part of the season.

How is that not getting it done?

OldSchool
02-14-2014, 08:33 AM
The Patriots were #3 in scoring despite losing Hernandez in the offseason, not having Gronk for most of the year, having Amendola shred his groin in the first game of the season, having to start 2 rookies at WR (including one UDFA rookie), and basically having a converted QB as his only healthy receiving option for a significant part of the season.

Their run game is what carried the team for most of the year. Did you watch the playoff loss to the Broncos? Brady was missing throws all over the field and they did nothing offesnively because Knighton was destroying the middle of their line in the run game.

Direckshun
02-14-2014, 08:48 AM
I like the list but...WHY not just sign McCluster to "use like McCluster?" He could likely be had for less than Hester...If the Chiefs got 500+ yards receiving out of him in year 1 of Reid, makes sense they'll get more out of him as the offense evolves. Not to mention the fact that Dex can spell RB if necessary, and Hester cant. Dex is an ascending player, Hester isnt. You can do more with Dex. Id just hate to lose Dex when his best years are ahead. I dont mind overpaying a bit to keep him. Just my take...

Dex is going to cost more than Hester. Hester's probably on 1 year deals for the rest of his career, he's 32.

TEX
02-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Dex is going to cost more than Hester. Hester's probably on 1 year deals for the rest of his career, he's 32.

All the more reason not to sign Hester. How much do you think he signs a 1 year deal for somewhere? How much do you think Dex's cap hit will be per year in a new deal?

Direckshun
02-14-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm not an expert, but if Hester gets more than $2m next year, I'll be shocked.

As for Dex... I think he gets something like 4 years, $12m.

philfree
02-14-2014, 09:07 AM

I have a hard time believing McCluster will get a big contract offer from another team with all the WRs available in free agency and the draft.

Dunerdr
02-14-2014, 09:32 AM
I have a hard time believing McCluster will get a big contract offer from another team with all the WRs available in free agency and the draft.

Maybe not a big offer but possibly more than we have. A solid contract for Rex would be a very raiders thing to do.

TEX
02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm not an expert, but if Hester gets more than $2m next year, I'll be shocked.

As for Dex... I think he gets something like 4 years, $12m.

Id be fine with Dex getting that. You might be right in that Dex might cost more than Hester, but not "that" much more if measured on an annual basis. All I'm saying is that keeping Dex might not be all that much more expensive than going in another direction. There's still upside there with many ways to use him.

Direckshun
02-14-2014, 11:48 AM

Almost none of them with McCluster's skillset, though.

If you're looking for a slot receiver, he's near the top of your list.

If you're looking for a slot receiver who can also contribute hardcore on special teams, he is the top of your list.

Direckshun
02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Id be fine with Dex getting that. You might be right in that Dex might cost more than Hester, but not "that" much more if measured on an annual basis. All I'm saying is that keeping Dex might not be all that much more expensive than going in another direction. There's still upside there with many ways to use him.

I agree.

The ideal situation would be for the Chiefs to trade down and get more picks.

If they can't do that, then our ability to add talent in this year's draft is limited, and we're going to need Dex to return if we want to compete at the same level we did last year.

saphojunkie
02-14-2014, 12:02 PM
I agree.

The ideal situation would be for the Chiefs to trade down and get more picks.

If they can't do that, then our ability to add talent in this year's draft is limited, and we're going to need Dex to return if we want to compete at the same level we did last year.

Best case scenario is that a QB falls to us that Cleveland wants, and they are scared Cincy will take him with the next pick.

Just Passin' By
02-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Their run game is what carried the team for most of the year. Did you watch the playoff loss to the Broncos? Brady was missing throws all over the field and they did nothing offesnively because Knighton was destroying the middle of their line in the run game.

So you didn't watch them play at all this year? BTW, Brady was 24 of 38 in the AFCCG.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-14-2014, 12:33 PM

Hope this helps

QUOTE=OrtonsPiercedTaint;10429519]Manning and Brady have made JAGs look like stars for so long. Is age catching up to them?[/QUOTE]

I really thought calling Manning smoke & mirrors would be the contested part. Catching the defense with 12 men on the field. Getting them to jump off sides so you get 3 downs to get 5 yards. You can take more down the field shots.

Easy 6
02-14-2014, 12:57 PM

Dex has grown on me as well, I've used the analogy "handy little pocket multi-tool" quite a bit because it fits... but if he ends up being too expensive then I'm down for letting him go.

I'm all about stocking this team up the right way, the Steelers dominated for so long because they never hesitated to ditch guys who cost too much and drafted well to replace them.

htismaqe
02-14-2014, 01:02 PM
WHY not just sign McCluster to "use like McCluster?"

Obvious question is obvious. :thumb:

I can't wait for the meltdown when we re-sign the guy...

Titty Meat
02-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Obvious question is obvious. :thumb:

I can't wait for the meltdown when we re-sign the guy...

If they do resign him it shouldn't be for much more than hesters deal a few years ago which was 2mil per.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Avery + McCluster are much better brah, trust me.

I was being funny. Not sure if you were or not.

Simply Red
02-14-2014, 08:42 PM
I was being funny. Not sure if you were or not.

The real DMC:

" Dexter 'Ludacris' Mc'motha ****in' Cluster "

http://i.imgur.com/wVzBYhm.gif

OldSchool
02-14-2014, 08:47 PM
I'll take Andre Roberts over McCluster.

Ragged Robin
02-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't mind Ted Ginn for PR/KR and an occasional 9-route if Avery is tired. Meh on the rest. Need to look to the draft for our answer at WR.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-14-2014, 10:44 PM
The real DMC:

" Dexter 'Ludacris' Mc'motha ****in' Cluster "

http://i.imgur.com/wVzBYhm.gif

He'll look good in silver & black this year. :thumb:

milkman
02-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Bowe
Maclin
Avery
Rookie

If you're looking to improve your receiving corps, and the plan to so includes signing Hester, that is a flawed plan.

Hester sucks as a receiver, and he hasn't been nearly as productive as a returner without Taub.

Rausch
02-15-2014, 07:56 AM
He'll look good in silver & black this year. :thumb:

Good luck with that...

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Good luck with that...

Wouldn't mind him as a punt returner, but if I were going to pick up a WR it would be Decker.

ct
02-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Being restricted he is prob staying but I like Doug Baldwin. Love the way he fights for the ball. He made a lot of plays for them down the stretch.

this

UDFA rookie, wonder what his compensation level will be. I've like this guy since his rookie year, and kept thinking seattle was wasting a starting spot on Sydney rice for a couple years now.

Gonzo
02-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Cribbs have anything left in the tank?

mcaj22
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
If you're looking to improve your receiving corps, and the plan to so includes signing Hester, that is a flawed plan.

Hester sucks as a receiver, and he hasn't been nearly as productive as a returner without Taub.

Hester led the league in KR yards last year...

ct
02-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Looking strictly at the FAs, i'm not impressed by top end talent. Baldwin is ascending into a legit 1B type of guy, can fill in as #1 but very solid #2 and can move all over, inside and out.

Unrestricted FAs I think we should focus for value plays, and draft a high potential prospect:

Sanders tops my list as WR2, would bump Avery to spread formations
McCluster my 2nd option to resign (just don't overpay for a utility WR), already knows the system and performed fairly well in spots, still need WR2 upgrade
Roberts, a slot replacement and can move outside as well, better WR but not a returner like Dex

Don't expect Edelman to be available
James Jones & Decker too expensive
Cribbs & Hester on the wrong side of KR help
Nicks and Maclin unreliable for the price tag
NOT interested in Tate, Cooper, Britt, Lafell, DHB

Just don't see any help from anyone else...

R8RFAN
02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
pfffft

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/30860/bfa547308595681.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bfa547308595681)

TEX
02-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Hester led the league in KR yards last year...

He did, but that's kind of a flawed stat since all yards count even when you bring it out of the end zone. If you take every kick 5 yards deep in the end zone and run them out to only the 15, that's a 20 yard average...I know it's the same for everyone but kinda shows how the stats can be manipulated.