PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 58

Rain Man
02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K7CQ6G0ILFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scene 2: The M*A*S*H football game. I can't find it anywhere. Anyone got a clip handy?

I think this is the right clip for Scene 3:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8mWKIMGinvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
in b4 rm again

Rain Man
02-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Got some good sports/games/ice cream murders in this heat. My votes:

#1 - Tin Cup. Yeah, it's golf competing against football. But the clip exists and I really like it. It had great suspense and made me smile.

#2 - MASH. I remember liking the football scene, but I can't find it anywhere on the 'net so I can't watch it again. Shame on movies and their protection of film rights.

#3 - Assault on Precinct 13. That seemed kind of mean. I didn't enjoy that scene at the end.

Infidel Goat
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Got some good sports/games/ice cream murders in this heat. My votes:

#1 - Tin Cup. Yeah, it's golf competing against football. But the clip exists and I really like it. It had great suspense and made me smile.

#2 - MASH. I remember liking the football scene, but I can't find it anywhere on the 'net so I can't watch it again. Shame on movies and their protection of film rights.

#3 - Assault on Precinct 13. That seemed kind of mean. I didn't enjoy that scene at the end.

I agree with Rain Man overall, but would add that the first 3 minutes of Assault on Precinct 13 were boring...

Deberg_1990
02-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Love Assault on Precinct 13. Classic John Carpenter. the score is a minimalist classic.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
02-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Tin Cup, now there's a way to end a sports movie. It's true to life, too. Nobody remembers who won the 1999 British Open, but they will always remember Van de Valde's go for it moment and subsquently crash and burn down 18 (although he didn't get to make a shot like that to end it LMAO).

Mama Hip Rockets
02-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Man, the last few heats have really sucked.

Rain Man
02-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Man, the last few heats have really sucked.

I think the next two are going to be good.

Mojo Jojo
02-13-2014, 11:41 PM
MASH...come on there are three Chiefs in that game.

Baby Lee
02-14-2014, 01:24 AM
MASH is a prime piece of Altman subversive humor, a ragtag bit of Americana in the middle of a horrifying situation in a foreign land.

Tin Cup, sweeping scores over impossible victories and the subsequent mass celebration is so last millennium.

AoP13, I have no context as I haven't seen the movie. I'm open to discussions of it's brilliance, but I doubt even a master's course on the film will make that scene rise above MASH's.

Rain Man
02-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Anyone find the mash clip yet? I did not think it was possible to scrub the internet clean, but I think they have done it with this clip.

Infidel Goat
02-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Anyone find the mash clip yet? I did not think it was possible to scrub the internet clean, but I think they have done it with this clip.

9 seconds of it is the best I can do...

8PA6-YbNFyA/

BlackHelicopters
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
M*A*S*H

Garcia Bronco
02-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Tin Cup.

MASH is aweful

Rain Man
02-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Tin Cup sinks it for the win. I'm a little surprised because I figured MASH would be strong, but maybe not having a clip hurt it. Tin Cup is a good scene, though, and I voted for it, so I'm pleased.