PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 59

Rain Man
02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kYt2HmAxHL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WUiXJ4ZIOEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wknywxfcE5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimBone
02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Inb4 inb4

TimBone
02-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Oh golly...I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between the DRS scene and the Dazed scene. I love both of those. Steve Martin was wonderful in that movie.

I'm also predicting that Rain Man chooses DRS.

Rain Man
02-14-2014, 07:00 PM
My votes in a strong heat:

#1 - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Ruprecht is awesome. (Note that this is a separate scene from the apartment scene that was in an earlier heat. This scene followed that scene in the clip, but is distinct.)

#2 - Dazed and Confused. I hate not voting for this scene. It's great. I really like Matthew McConaughey, and the rest of the group is well cast.

#3 - Terminator. Great line, good scene. I have nothing against it, but it drew a tough heat.

Rain Man
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Oh golly...I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between the DR'S scene and the Dazed scene. I love both of those. Steve Martin was wonderful in that movie.

I'm also predicting that Rain Man chooses DRS.

Winner winner chicken dinner. I agree that it's a tough choice between two great scenes.

DJJasonp
02-14-2014, 08:51 PM
RUPRECHT FTW!!!! (and I actually think the "pain test" scene is even funnier.....where Caine whips Martin in the legs and Martin has to fake like he cant feel anything)

Rain Man
02-14-2014, 09:01 PM
RUPRECHT FTW!!!! (and I actually think the "pain test" scene is even funnier.....where Caine whips Martin in the legs and Martin has to fake like he cant feel anything)

That's coming up in some future heat. I love that scene. I could see that one winning it all.

Baby Lee
02-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Hate going against something as iconic as AwwwriteAwwwwriteAwwwwrite!!! But that scene in DRS gets me every time.

From 'Dot Mudder?!?!' to "Thank You" perfection.

MoF, I'm sensing a compulsion to dig the DVD out for an encore viewing tonight, thanxomucho.

ThaVirus
02-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Dazed and Confused. Such a classic.

TimBone
02-15-2014, 12:20 AM
That's coming up in some future heat. I love that scene. I could see that one winning it all.

Nope. I already see something silly like "well...bye" winning this whole thing.

TimBone
02-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Dazed and Confused. Such a classic.

Yea, that's an iconic line, and I hated to vote against it, but that DRS scene gets me everytime.

BlackHelicopters
02-15-2014, 07:15 AM
DRS

Mama Hip Rockets
02-15-2014, 09:39 AM
How is Terminator losing?

whoman69
02-15-2014, 09:46 AM
How many rounds we going? This might not be done until the Chiefs win a playoff game.

Infidel Goat
02-15-2014, 09:53 AM
How is Terminator losing?

Why should Terminator win?

He's just so much fail--killing everyone but the one person he was sent to kill. Seriously, though, the bar scene from earlier in the tournament was a better Terminator scene anyway.

I voted DRS this round.

Rain Man
02-15-2014, 02:05 PM
How many rounds we going? This might not be done until the Chiefs win a playoff game.

The first round has about 150 heats. We got a LOT of nominations. But from there Round 2 will only have about 50 and it'll narrow down quickly.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Terminator needs only one more vote to tie. Come on, CP!

ThaVirus
02-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Dazed and Confused with the clutch victory?!?

This one was tight.

Baby Lee
02-15-2014, 11:45 PM
Fuck this whole process.

You people have no taste.

And whaddaimean 'you people?'

I mean you tasteless chiefs loving CP movie clip voting sonsabitches.

ThaVirus
02-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Fucking A, I spoke too soon.

TimBone
02-16-2014, 12:23 AM
If Terminator wins this heat, you might as well scrap this whole contest. What a load of crap.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-16-2014, 10:03 AM
:LOL:

Easy 6
02-16-2014, 12:38 PM
If Terminator wins this heat, you might as well scrap this whole contest. What a load of crap.

LMAO duuude, that's a bona fide Iconic piece of American cinema, the utterance of that phrase is one of the most popular things in pop culture.

You're dead to me, man...

Mama Hip Rockets
02-16-2014, 01:02 PM
LMAO duuude, that's a bona fide Iconic piece of American cinema, the utterance of that phrase is one of the most popular things in pop culture.

Exactly. One of the most iconic scenes in the history of film.

Rain Man
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Oh, man. This heat is killing me. They're all good scenes, but Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Dazed & Confused are top-notch. They don't deserve a first-round exit.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Yes, they do. Anybody who goes up against Schwarzenegger earns themselves a swift and painful death.

Easy 6
02-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Yes, they do. Anybody who goes up against Schwarzenegger earns themselves a swift and painful death.

THIS :bang:

BlackHelicopters
02-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Come on DRS.

TimBone
02-16-2014, 08:11 PM

lol....sorry man. Between this and me not caring for the "Well..bye" scene, we just can't be friends no more.

Seriously though, I understand the relevance to pop culture that comes with that line in Terminator. When it boils down to it, that's what is great about the D&C scene as well. The line from that movie is repeated by people all the time. In the end though, those scenes are just known for a great quote. In the DRS scene, that's brilliant comedy from Steve Martin. IMO at least, that comedy trumps any scene that is known for a quote.

Rain Man
02-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Well, heck. Terminator wins, so it'll be back.

This heat makes me sad.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-16-2014, 09:00 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Easy 6
02-16-2014, 09:26 PM
lol....sorry man. Between this and me not caring for the "Well..bye" scene, we just can't be friends no more.

Seriously though, I understand the relevance to pop culture that comes with that line in Terminator. When it boils down to it, that's what is great about the D&C scene as well. The line from that movie is repeated by people all the time. In the end though, those scenes are just known for a great quote. In the DRS scene, that's brilliant comedy from Steve Martin. IMO at least, that comedy trumps any scene that is known for a quote.

Well, heck. Terminator wins, so it'll be back.

This heat makes me sad.

HAHAHAAA there it is Fly, read 'em and weep!

But yeah, is there really any huge artistic distinction between Terminator and a high school stoner movie?... c 'mon... I don't WANT to hate you forever but I WILL!