PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which Chief would you want on your pickup sandlot football team?

Rain Man
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Here's the scenario: You and nine of your friends go out to play football on the local junior high field. After chasing off a few 13 year-old smokers, you have the field to yourself and you get a rousing game of five on five going. Since you're not wimps, this is tackle football using NFL rules. Everyone has roughly the same level of ability, which is equal to your own, and they're all more or less your size.

Suddenly, another group shows up. They have 11 guys and they were coming over to practice some plays just for fun. They're about the same size and ability level as your team.

You decide that it would be fun to play a game against them, but once the game starts you discover that they're kind of jerks. They play you 11 on 10 and they're playing hard, celebrating after tackles, trash talking, and by virtue of having an extra man, they're kind of beating up on your team. It's less fun than you hoped.

You see a nice Bentley drive by a couple of times, and finally it pulls into the parking lot, scaring off the joint-smoking eighth graders who are congregated there. Out of the car steps __________, a member of the 2013 Kansas City Chiefs.

"Hey," he calls out. "Do you need a 22nd player? I'd love to play."

What Chief would you most want joining your team? You don't like the opponents and wouldn't mind pulverizing them.

Explain your answers.

Dartgod
02-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Jamaal Charles.

Because, Jamaal Charles.

Rain Man
02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm torn. My initial thinking is, as always, Jamaal Charles. I think he'd be great, but is he intimidating enough? Could they box him in on some plays and celebrate that?

Bowe would be another good one. You figured he'd make every catch and win every jump ball and it would be very demoralizing to the other team. He would also punish them after the catch.

But Dontari Poe would be awesome. I bet he would intimidate the solid wastes out of the other team, and he'd be so fast that he'd be making plays from sideline to sideline, pounding people.

Geoff Schwartz could also be fun. You line him up as fullback and let him lead block, and everyone on the team gets a turn to be a star running back.

I should go Charles, but I think Poe would be my guy. He might also get some carries on offense.

Hog Rider
02-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Sherman. Just because!

Nightfyre
I think Poe or Berry would really take over a game of pickup football.

HoneyBadger
Bowe wouldn't make it to the field to play, he'd be too busy smoking with those pesky 8th graders.

Rain Man
02-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Sherman. Just because!

That's why I was thinking Schwartz. He or Sherman would make it fun for the rest of the team. If you had Charles, you'd all just stand there and enjoy watching him juke 11 guys out of their shirts, but he would be a one-man show.

Poe or Bowe would be fun from the same perspective of watching, and they would be a little more participatory, I think. But you put Schwartz in there and everyone on your team is going to have some glory.

Dante84
02-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Tackle? Berry or Jamaal.

Chief_For_Life58
02-19-2014, 06:06 PM
poe and put him at rb

Dante84
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
DJ, since he kills it in games that don't matter.

TimBone
02-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Bowe

mrroandrro
02-19-2014, 06:12 PM
I think I would take Hali. I need a killer, someone who is gonna make those D-bags pay for lining up an extra man. Someone that by the end has brought the quitter out in the 7 guys they have left after 4 were put in the hospital. I want those guys to realize that there are consequences. Plus I'm sure he would be a heck of a RB, or lead blocker who would strike fear into any ham-n-egger standing in front of him.

Why Not?
02-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Colquitt because MVP

cosmo20002
02-19-2014, 06:15 PM
What Chief would you most want joining your team? You don't like the opponents and wouldn't mind pulverizing them.
Explain your answers.

Was Shaun Smith the guy who used to yank people's nuts? If so, then him.

saphojunkie
02-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Tyson Jackson, so he could finally get some sacks.

a pp roach
02-19-2014, 06:23 PM
leon

fucking

sandcastle.

no brainer

Easy 6
02-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Nobody on my block is gonna catch JC.

Dunerdr
02-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna go against the grain and say Marcus cooper he played wideout in college and plays d now good size and speed.

listopencil
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Alex Smith. He can throw the ball better than anyone you are going to find in a pick up game. He's also 6'4" and 217 pounds (according to wikipedia) with more speed than you are going to find in a pick up game. He's also has better conditioning than you are going to find in a pick up game. You're going to score on every Offensive possession. Line him up at DE when they have the ball. He's going to come crashing off the corner and kill guys, they won't be able to do anything.

Rain Man
02-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Alex Smith. He can throw the ball better than anyone you are going to find in a pick up game. He's also 6'4" and 217 pounds (according to wikipedia) with more speed than you are going to find in a pick up game. He's also has better conditioning than you are going to find in a pick up game. You're going to score on every Offensive possession. Line him up at DE when they have the ball. He's going to come crashing off the corner and kill guys, they won't be able to do anything.

I pondered Alex, but I wondered if a pro quarterback would be wasted on a bunch of sandlot receivers. Could they even catch any of his passes? I suspect that pro quarterbacks have a lot of zip on the ball even if they ratchet it down.

Mojo Jojo
02-19-2014, 07:18 PM
JC or Alex.

Kman34
02-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Kendrick Lewis because he'll probably get beat deep for a TD, then I can fire his ass on the spot.

listopencil
02-19-2014, 07:19 PM
I pondered Alex, but I wondered if a pro quarterback would be wasted on a bunch of sandlot receivers. Could they even catch any of his passes? I suspect that pro quarterbacks have a lot of zip on the ball even if they ratchet it down.

When I played pick up games it was easy to get wide open. If you have any starting QB in the league on your team he's going to get the ball to you just fine.

Rain Man
02-19-2014, 07:20 PM
When I played pick up games it was easy to get wide open. If you have any starting QB in the league on your team he's going to get the ball to you just fine.

I don't worry about it getting there. I worry about the receivers being able to catch it when it does. It's probably like trying to hit a AAA fastball if you're a casual player.

Titty Meat
02-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Peyton Manning

Rain Man
02-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Peyton Manning

I have some bad news for you.

ILChief
02-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Bray

listopencil
02-19-2014, 07:29 PM
I don't worry about it getting there. I worry about the receivers being able to catch it when it does. It's probably like trying to hit a AAA fastball if you're a casual player.

I think Smith has touch. I am pretty sure you'd be fine.

OldSchool
02-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Dontari Poe, no pads makes it nearly impossible to bring him down because no one would dare to dive at his legs.

listopencil
02-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Peyton Manning

You wouldn't like it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wkiS5px0P0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
02-19-2014, 07:34 PM
I like Avery still, it's okay - I'll take the heat.

Dayze
02-19-2014, 07:38 PM
alex smith.

because he would smoke anyone on a pickup game.

Perineum Ripper
02-19-2014, 07:40 PM
I think Sherman would be good..He could block and open big holes for whoever is running..hand him the ball and not a lot of average guys would be able to drag him down..then put him on the line for defense and not many people would be able to hold him back

Mr. Christopher
02-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Charles seems to be the easiest choice. Poe would be awesome from the standpoint of the intimidation factor.

My pick would be Sherman...decent size to play hard nosed defense, could either be a hell of a receiver or a hell of a full back on offense. He has enough soccer hooligan in him to be an intimidating force no matter where he is on the field

Reerun_KC
02-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Alex Smith

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Burry

Reerun_KC
02-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Burry

Just bring a horse to the sandlot to neutralize berry.

KC native
02-19-2014, 09:08 PM
It would be killer to have Jovan Belcher on a sandlot squad.

ThaVirus
02-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Jamaal would be the sexy pick. He rapes the best athletes in the country with pads on. Some scrubs at the park without pads would be so afraid to tackle him the few times they could actually get a hand on him that he'd be damn near a lock to score on every touch.

I'm not sure how Jamaal would look on the defensive side though so I'd contemplate taking Berry. He's our best defensive player that we know has relatable offensive skill position talent (which is why I'd hesitate to pick guys like Poe, Houston and DJ).

cdcox
02-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Justin Houston. Who's going to tackle him? On defense he could pick up the closest opponent and toss him into the ball carrier to knock him down. Or he could pull their arms off. Whatever.

J Diddy
02-19-2014, 09:24 PM
I'd go with Poe. Beast on d and just ungodly strength and motor. Would contribute huge on both sides of the ball.

MMXcalibur
02-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Thomas Gafford

A quality long snapper is hard to find.

J Diddy
02-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Thomas Gafford

A quality long snapper is hard to find.

Remember the Raiders game a couple of years back, I would have to agree.

Jimmya
02-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Charles

Dante84
02-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Mods,

Is it possible to replace any text of "Leon Sandcastle," or any derivation from it, with the text:

"I am bad at jokes and reference outdated material. My post is therefore invalid and I apologize for wasting everyone's time with my embarrassingly poor attempt at humor."

J Diddy
02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Mods,

Is it possible to replace any text of "Leon Sandcastle," or any derivation from it, with the text:

"I am bad at jokes and reference outdated material. My post is therefore invalid and I apologize for wasting everyone's time with my embarrassingly poor attempt at humor."

Calm down sugar.

Rasputin
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
My first thought was Eric Berry. He can do it all and would be everywhere. He can take people out. He can make the big plays on offense and even play quarterback or just run the wildcat.

BlackHelicopters
02-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Eric Berry

Why Not?
02-20-2014, 08:53 AM
The reality is, I bet it wouldn't matter who you picked, they would dominate the game on both sides. Hell Ryan Succop would probablly be a better athlete than any guys you would find playing a pickup game anywhere.

htismaqe
02-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Alex Smith. He could help the team pick up chicks after the game.

Molitoth
02-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Berry.

TEX
02-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Eric Berry

Rain Man
02-20-2014, 09:41 AM
The reality is, I bet it wouldn't matter who you picked, they would dominate the game on both sides. Hell Ryan Succop would probablly be a better athlete than any guys you would find playing a pickup game anywhere.

This is true.

It would be cool to get Succop and then kick field goals on every possession.

Why Not?
02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
This is true.

It would be cool to get Succop and then kick field goals on every possession.

I feel as if I may have seen that before somewhere

Rain Man
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM
I feel as if I may have seen that before somewhere

We wouldn't let Herm coach. He either plays defensive back or he doesn't play.

TLO
02-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Probably Berry. Seems like a cool guy, and would obviously dominate anyone playing a game of sandlot football, (as would any NFL player, probably even kickers/punters)

DJ would be my second pick. He's been my favorite Chiefs player since he got drafted.

jkw87
02-20-2014, 12:12 PM
My team would already be the best of the best with me leading... I'd have to even out, maybe make the game impossible to win for us... Lewis it is

patteeu
02-20-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd want Dontari Poe. My offense would be Poe up the middle every play.

GordonGekko
02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
I'd want Dontari Poe. My offense would be Poe up the middle every play.

This.

Definitely Dontari.

How any team of regular men could tackle them I'd like to see them try.

Maybe Rich Scanlon if he were available, or Boomer Grigsby, from the way they got pimped here I would think they would be unstoppable.