PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 67

Rain Man
02-23-2014, 05:23 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z4UdK0lBafM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cGp-4NP76MM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scene 3: KC Tattoo nominated this scene from Little Giants (his words below):

"Am submitting this actually 4 parts in a 10 min clip. First the half time speech that sets up the scene the Little Giants gain a yard. From that the Little Giants score there first TD & go on defense when Becky gets on the field and clobbers a kid forcing a fumble and Little Giants recover the football."

I can't find a clip anywhere describing any of these elements, so if you can find it, post it.

BlackHelicopters
02-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Nb4

BlackHelicopters
02-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Boogie Nights

Rain Man
02-23-2014, 05:28 PM
My votes:

#1 - Boogie Nights. You gotta like the dude with the firecrackers.

#2 - Dracula: Dead and Loving It. As soon as I say there are no Leslie Nielson scenes in the tourney, one shows up. I am on record as not being a fan of most Mel Brooks movies, and this is no exception.

#3 - Little Giants. I'm not familiar with this movie. I suspect that if I saw the clip I would rank it higher than the Mel Brooks one.

Rain Man
02-23-2014, 05:50 PM
As an aside, Rollergirl's attitudes were just adorable in Boogie Nights. This scene is not safe for work, so if you click it, don't freak out if you see a gorgeous naked woman. But it's acceptable since it's critical to the plot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L8Uja8bWekw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee
02-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Drug deal will probably win it, and if I hadn't watched the Dracula clip I probably would have picked it as well. But, unlike Rainman, watching the DDaLi clip tickled me in a very Brooksian way.

cosmo20002
02-23-2014, 06:05 PM
As we know, it is a travesty there are no REAL Leslie Nielson scenes (Airplane & Naked Gun series). It would be an even bigger travesty to vote for a Nielsen or Mel Brooks movie such as Dracula. That's not how they would wish to be remembered.

Boogie Nights, clearly. That bizarre creepy guy kid with the firecrackers alone makes it vote-worthy.

Rasputin
02-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Dracula Dead and Loving it

I would have gone with Little Giants but Dead and Loving it is funny as hell.

FUSHTA!

Rasputin
02-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Guess people just like watching gay drug dealers act like they are going shoot their brains out in front of three dudes after a drug deal?

Ya lot's funnier than Dracula getting the last word on Van Helsing. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
02-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Boogie Nights. Firecracker guy and Night Ranger puts it over the top.

listopencil
02-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Best I can do so far on the Little Giants clip:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k05vDpnrHWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mama Hip Rockets
02-24-2014, 09:50 PM
WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD, RAIN MAN?

Rain Man
02-25-2014, 07:38 AM
WHERE IS THE NEW THREAD, RAIN MAN?

I was a little late tonight. Pirates.

Rain Man
02-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Boogie Nights has the extra that it takes to move on to the next round.