PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet DraftPlanet is not closed.

Pages : [1] 2

Phobia
02-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Draft discussion is now encouraged in the Lounge. This format has been followed in the past and fell by the wayside.

We've had a discussion within this thread and reached a partial compromise. I don't know exactly what it looks like but I have a general idea of what I think would be positive for ChiefsPlanet. I'm looking to regular participants in DraftPlanet and The Lounge to help fill in the blanks with their own cool ideas.

The following is not yet etched in stone. There's a lot of pertinent discussion throughout the thread.
DraftPlanet will remain open until one week after the Combine. Draft gurus will be encouraged to start and/or ask for threads to be moved to the Lounge. We want to encourage football discussion in the Lounge and we hope Draftnits will seek to share their knowledge with the GenPop. Finally, DraftPlanet will remain open year around but new threads will be moderated by Draft moderators and moved to the Lounge or kept in DraftPlanet based on a yet-to-be determined criteria which is up for discussion.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Good it will bump some of the lame ass threads including the chicken ones off the front page.

DaFace
02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
:clap:

(But fear Direckshun's wrath...)

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2014, 11:36 PM
:clap:

(But fear Direckshun's wrath...)

He just shot a load into orbit with the thought of seeing his name on every thread in the front page of the lounge. Voyager!

Direckshun
02-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Of course. Why wouldn't it be.

tk13
02-24-2014, 11:38 PM
I think this is a great idea... but I never liked moving football talk out of the Lounge. Especially during the offseason when the draft was the #1 thing we'd be talking about.

TambaBerry
02-24-2014, 11:40 PM
Oh come on I liked the draft so I don't have to weed through shit to find stuff on the draft.

jjchieffan
:wayne:

Direckshun
I want to know what exactly ChiefsPlanet was losing with the existence of an ongoing Draft forum.

I don't expect any explanation to be sufficient. Some people are just stomping their feet that there are too many poop threads in the Lounge, and therefore DraftPlanet must be closed. Which... makes no sense. If you want to talk Draft and football, come to the fucking Draft forum.

Now I get to look forward to a dramatic increase in people shitting on me for talking football on a goddamn football board.

DomerNKC
02-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Draft discussion is now encouraged in the Lounge. This format has been followed in the past and fell by the wayside.

It's up for discussion but I presume "open season" for draft discussion in the Lounge would be from the moment we lose a 28 point lead in the playoffs until opening day of training camp?

Thread creation in draftplanet is now disabled but you're welcome to continue existing discussions and moderators are allowed to move active discussions to the Lounge.
im gonna post about this on draft planet!!!

Gadzooks
02-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Damn, it's sneaky.

Draft Planet let me go through the motions of starting a thread and then said it had to be approved by a moderator.

Direckshun
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
I know I'm just shouting against the wind here, but this really is just further proof that ChiefsPlanet mods don't give a shit about the Draft, which is only like THE most important way to build a football team.

Saccopoo started something like eight different threads segmenting the results of the Combine into easily scroll-able threads, that would all be on page 8 of the Lounge right now.

tk13
Oh come on I liked the draft so I don't have to weed through shit to find stuff on the draft.

There's an NFL Draft thread prefix. Just sort threads by that, you'll see them all.

DomerNKC
BTW i think we should consider Geno...

Titty Meat
02-24-2014, 11:43 PM
I want to know what exactly ChiefsPlanet was losing with the existence of an ongoing Draft forum.

I don't expect any explanation to be sufficient. Some people are just stomping their feet that there are too many poop threads in the Lounge, and therefore DraftPlanet must be closed. Which... makes no sense. If you want to talk Draft and football, come to the ****ing Draft forum.

Now I get to look forward to a dramatic increase in people shitting on me for talking football on a goddamn football board.

I hope it's to get the forum back to an actual football forum.

RealSNR
02-24-2014, 11:43 PM
What about the CP Mocks? We'll need to start threads for those in the main lounge

Gadzooks
02-24-2014, 11:44 PM
BTW i think we should consider Geno...

Trade the 1st for Clausen.

Direckshun
02-24-2014, 11:44 PM
It's also saying something about the state of affairs about CP, that the main forum is so inadequate for football talk that you're literally forcing people who want to talk football and the Draft to put threads in here, or not have threads at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2014, 11:46 PM
What about the CP Mocks? We'll need to start threads for those in the main lounge

Sounds good. A lot of shit threads that need out of my sight.

tk13
02-24-2014, 11:46 PM
I know I'm just shouting against the wind here, but this really is just further proof that ChiefsPlanet mods don't give a shit about the Draft, which is only like THE most important way to build a football team.

Saccopoo started something like eight different threads segmenting the results of the Combine into easily scroll-able threads, that would all be on page 8 of the Lounge right now.

I can't believe you'd throw a fit about this. Actually I can... but it doesn't help improve football conversation by putting draft threads in a subforum.

For the record I think the media forum should be in here too. Put the right prefixes on these threads and you can sort them however you want.

booger
02-24-2014, 11:48 PM

It's up for discussion but I presume "open season" for draft discussion in the Lounge would be from the moment we lose a 28 point lead in the playoffs until opening day of training camp?

Thread creation in draftplanet is now disabled but you're welcome to continue existing discussions and moderators are allowed to move active discussions to the Lounge.

:eek:

you have awoken a sleeping giant

Direckshun
02-24-2014, 11:48 PM

So put them on fucking ignore. It's not rocket science.

Or shut down arguably the best forum this board has. :rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2014, 11:51 PM
So put them on fucking ignore. It's not rocket science.

Or shut down arguably the best forum this board has. :rolleyes:

Shut down? It is putting it back where it belongs. The main page is all beaker tiger bullshit. Boooooring.

RealSNR
02-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Also, I'm not looking forward to posting some shred of a draft tidbit in its own thread only to see bullshit like a houstonwhodat thread or one of Deberg_1990's parodies of What Does The Fox Say? bump it off the first page within 2 hours. You can bitch about the Lounge being nothing but shitty NFTs during the offseason, but like it or not those NFTs are getting posted no matter where the draft talk is. They'll get posted, people will still flock to them, and they'll be pushing the supposedly worthy draft threads that we want to take care of off the front page. Yeah. That's making sure those threads are within easy reach. :rolleyes:

Having the draft forum up during draft season does a lot of good things, and it has its use. A lot of members felt encouraged to post their own mock drafts because they knew discussion would be kept around about it for days. Now there will be far less of that.

Direckshun
02-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I can't believe you'd throw a fit about this. Actually I can... but it doesn't help improve football conversation by putting draft threads in a subforum.

For the record I think the media forum should be in here too. Put the right prefixes on these threads and you can sort them however you want.

Since when does ChiefsPlanet give two shits about improving conversation of any kind.

Suggestions that conversation needs to be improved are uniformly met with derision and "get out if you don't like it."

I mean, shit, the administrator of this board bans people left and right who disagree with him in the political forum.

ChiefsPlanet doesn't exist for improved conversation. It just, kind of exists because it does.

Most of this is personal, I'll admit. I get sick and tired of people shitting on people talking football on a football forum. Forcing draft threads, a topic which only a fraction of the people on this board are even conversant in, into this morass of poop threads really throws a wrench into what was honestly the best thing this forum has.

RealSNR
02-24-2014, 11:52 PM

The people who participate in that mock draft probably don't want to go searching for the motherfucking thread every time they try to make a goddamn piss drinking pick

Direckshun
02-24-2014, 11:54 PM
And yet the fantasy football forum lives.

God damn, mods. I'm not saying you don't care about the Draft for no reason.

TambaBerry
02-24-2014, 11:55 PM
I just don't get it, if you want to talk draft its pretty simple click draftplanet. Everything you want to see is right there easy to find.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Draft snobs

booger
02-24-2014, 11:59 PM
the mods burned ants in there childhood. Only explanation there is

HonestChieffan
This will be a long term positive for CP. Good decisions are often hard to make . This will keep quality discussion that CP is known for.

RealSNR
Direckshun, I want to fuck shit up now. Want to meet in St. Louis and go turn over a fucking police car?

tk13
Since when does ChiefsPlanet give two shits about improving conversation of any kind.

Suggestions that conversation needs to be improved are uniformly met with derision and "get out if you don't like it."

I mean, shit, the administrator of this board bans people left and right who disagree with him in the political forum.

ChiefsPlanet doesn't exist for improved conversation. It just, kind of exists because it does.

Most of this is personal, I'll admit. I get sick and tired of people shitting on people talking football on a football forum. Forcing draft threads, a topic which only a fraction of the people on this board are even conversant in, into this morass of poop threads really throws a wrench into what was honestly the best thing this forum has.

Then maybe you shouldn't post here? I don't know what else to say, I don't mean that to be harsh. The whole argument is a big circle. We take the best offseason football threads off the main page > quality of football topics on the main forum suffers > attempt to move those topics back to the main forum > complaints that these threads are going to be lost in a forum where nobody talks football. Well of course that's going to happen, you put the football threads in another forum. You don't seem very happy with the basic concept of this forum. It's like going into Dunkin Donuts and complaining they don't have ice cream.

griZZly64
I didnt know there was a "draftplanet." Can I get a link? I need to catchup

DaFace
02-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Glad I wasn't disappointed. ROFL

Direckshun
Draft snobs

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This right here.

Every other Draft thread very well might boil down to "the Draft is the crapshootz!" or "you're not an NFL scout, WTF do you know."

:facepalm:

Just not a very big fan of this at all.

griZZly64
nvm i see it

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:01 AM
the mods burned ants in there childhood. Only explanation there is

Direckshun, I want to **** shit up now. Want to meet in St. Louis and go turn over a ****ing police car?

LMAO

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Wtf? The organization of this forum is nothing else if not shitty.

You're a forum for your Kansas City Chiefs. Lounge/Media type crap should be Sub forums while anything pertaining to the Chiefs should go in a Chiefs discussion forum/Main forum. Draft threads should remain in the Draft forum.

cdcox
Tread will hit 1000 posts.

Direckshun
Then maybe you shouldn't post here?

"If you don't like it, get out."

Yes, ChiefsPlanet really is concerned with improving conversation. What was I thinking.

booger
Direckshun, I want to **** shit up now. Want to meet in St. Louis and go turn over a ****ing police car?

get crazy coffees car and take plenty of pics. thanks in advace

SPchief
02-25-2014, 12:03 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about. This right here.

Every other Draft thread very well might boil down to "the Draft is the crapshootz!" or "you're not an NFL scout, WTF do you know."

:facepalm:

Just not a very big fan of this at all.

Well are you an NFL scout?

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Well are you an NFL scout?

LMAO

cdcox
02-25-2014, 12:05 AM
ChiefsPlanet mods don't give a shit about the Draft

I've never been tempted to have a sig until this moment.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
I've never been tempted to have a sig until this moment.

LMAO

My own personal Kanye West moment.

RealSNR
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
From now until draft day I'm going to be doubling down on starting NFTs in the main forum. Big, farty, nasty, smelly ones. They'll be like that shitty new Joseph Gordon Levitt variety show that nobody ever fucking watches... they'll be about teacher/student sex, constipation, grill recipes, in-house forum quarrels, and stupid uninteresting gblowfish-type news items. All rolled into one thread. Each fucking day. And they'll show up whenever somebody takes the time to post a really great draft observation or report that they wrote themselves.

That's right. I'm going to destroy the things that I love to prove a point to everybody. All you motherfuckers that think this is wonderful are going to want to join Warpaint fucking Illustrated after I'm done pouring an ocean of moldy diarrhea all over everybody.

Fuck you all.

tk13
02-25-2014, 12:07 AM
"If you don't like it, get out."

Yes, ChiefsPlanet really is concerned with improving conversation. What was I thinking.

Yeah but you aren't arguing for improving conversation. You're arguing for improving the board experience for yourself.

I would argue that draft time used to be one of the best times of the year on this forum. We used to really get into it, and I think it did improve the overall football knowledge level to have these topics discussed on the main page. Instead you get stuck with 12 million Geno Smith threads and little else. I think re-introducing some of this on the main page would help improve the lack of football knowledge you're complaining about.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:07 AM
From now until draft day I'm going to be doubling down on starting NFTs in the main forum. Big, farty, nasty, smelly ones. They'll be like that shitty new Joseph Gordon Levitt variety show that nobody ever ****ing watches... they'll be about teacher/student sex, constipation, grill recipes, in-house forum quarrels, and stupid uninteresting gblowfish-type news items. All rolled into one thread. Each ****ing day. And they'll show up whenever somebody takes the time to post a really great draft observation or report that they wrote themselves.

That's right. I'm going to destroy the things that I love to prove a point to everybody. All you mother****ers that think this is wonderful are going to want to join Warpaint ****ing Illustrated after I'm done pouring an ocean of moldy diarrhea all over everybody.

**** you all.

LMAO

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:08 AM

I need this explained to me. This makes zero sense.

"Open season" compared to... what, exactly?

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Ok, so be it.

BossChief
02-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Fuck yeah. Finally.

Guys, if you start a draft thread, just classify it as such.

When you want to only see draft stuff, all you have to do is click the little draft logo (while viewing the lounge) before any draft thread and it will display all of the draft threads.

OldSchool
Just keep posting in existing threads. Not too much of a biggy.

Direckshun
From now until draft day I'm going to be doubling down on starting NFTs in the main forum. Big, farty, nasty, smelly ones. They'll be like that shitty new Joseph Gordon Levitt variety show that nobody ever ****ing watches... they'll be about teacher/student sex, constipation, grill recipes, in-house forum quarrels, and stupid uninteresting gblowfish-type news items. All rolled into one thread. Each ****ing day. And they'll show up whenever somebody takes the time to post a really great draft observation or report that they wrote themselves.

That's right. I'm going to destroy the things that I love to prove a point to everybody. All you mother****ers that think this is wonderful are going to want to join Warpaint ****ing Illustrated after I'm done pouring an ocean of moldy diarrhea all over everybody.

**** you all.

ROFL

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Yeah but you aren't arguing for improving conversation. You're arguing for improving the board experience for yourself.

I would argue that draft time used to be one of the best times of the year on this forum. We used to really get into it, and I think it did improve the overall football knowledge level to have these topics discussed on the main page. Instead you get stuck with 12 million Geno Smith threads and little else. I think re-introducing some of this on the main page would help improve the lack of football knowledge you're complaining about.

If people don't want to give a shit about the Draft, let them not give a shit about it.

There's no reason to drop the IQ of the topic down a few points to ensure everybody else gets minimally literate on it.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 12:11 AM
From now until draft day I'm going to be doubling down on starting NFTs in the main forum. Big, farty, nasty, smelly ones. They'll be like that shitty new Joseph Gordon Levitt variety show that nobody ever fucking watches... they'll be about teacher/student sex, constipation, grill recipes, in-house forum quarrels, and stupid uninteresting gblowfish-type news items. All rolled into one thread. Each fucking day. And they'll show up whenever somebody takes the time to post a really great draft observation or report that they wrote themselves.

That's right. I'm going to destroy the things that I love to prove a point to everybody. All you motherfuckers that think this is wonderful are going to want to join Warpaint fucking Illustrated after I'm done pouring an ocean of moldy diarrhea all over everybody.

Fuck you all.

Still tops a De berg who dat thread!!!

tk13
02-25-2014, 12:11 AM
**** yeah. Finally.

When you want to only see draft stuff, all you have to do is click the little draft logo (while viewing the lounge) before any draft thread and it will display all of the draft threads.

There's also a Thread Display menu in the bottom left hand corner that allows you to organize the threads as you wish.

RealSNR
02-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Fuck yeah. Finally.

How are we going to handle the CP Mock?

That's gonna be a shit show.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:12 AM

Leave them there, then. Keep running with the stuff you have.

BossChief
02-25-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't see the problem.

SPchief

Winner

DaFace
There's also a Thread Display menu in the bottom left hand corner that allows you to organize the threads as you wish.

...as well as a few options under the Forums menu at the top to filter down to certain sets of topics.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Leave them there, then. Keep running with the stuff you have.

Right. Because that's a feasible option.

Just get a DraftPlanet version of the Beryllium thread going. Because that's sustainable and everything.

booger
02-25-2014, 12:15 AM
next thing ya know they will integrate the bukkake forum into the lounge

BossChief
02-25-2014, 12:15 AM

We send a pm to everyone that's gonna participate with the simple directions on how to sort it to only draft threads so it can be easily accessed.

We have plenty of time to make sure everyone understands how to do it.

I welcome the additional discussion and audience.

tk13
02-25-2014, 12:16 AM
If people don't want to give a shit about the Draft, let them not give a shit about it.

There's no reason to drop the IQ of the topic down a few points to ensure everybody else gets minimally literate on it.

You are 100% entitled to that opinion. No problem.

But, don't be flipping out about how the main forum doesn't want to talk football, or that no one cares about improving the overall level of football conversation... when it's really you that doesn't care if there are more football topics on the main page. Then you act like everyone in the main forum is essentially beneath you.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 12:17 AM

Just get a DraftPlanet version of the Beryllium thread going. Because that's sustainable and everything.

It's a stupid idea for them to have done this right in the middle of the combine. It should have been done either before or after. Having said that, the <s>Gods</s> mods have spoken. Just port over the active threads and go from there.

cdcox

**** you all.

I foresee a ban in your future.

Then you will slam your fist down in anger, causing a nearby pipe organ to tip over and crush you. News of your demise will drift back to Chiefsplanet and someone will post a Curly Bill gif.

Don't let someone post a Curly Bill gif in your honor. Switch to laid back life outlook.

Direckshun
Just admit that in order to make the Lounge more football literate, you're taking a dump on the (admittedly few) people who really did enjoy DraftPlanet. That you're breaking a few eggs that nobody gives much of a shit about in order to make your omelet less mediocre.

RealSNR
I don't see the problem.

I don't use any of those shitty forum view tools. Never have and never will. Chiefs Planet is all about trends and pulses. I ask myself every morning, "What are Chiefs fans and AIDS tree enthusiasts interested in talking about today?" I open up my laptop to find out. And there's Chiefs Planet in all its glory. Unaltered by thread view functions, ready to give me the answer to my question.

Yeah, I'm bitching about this because it's not the way I do things. Yeah, I'll have to change, and that sucks. No, seriously, it really does. It's bad enough that youtube made it fucking impossible to find channels you subscribe to that haven't posted any videos in awhile. Now I gotta deal with this bullshit?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:18 AM

I'm a reasonable person. If you don't like this plan, then give me a plan that is going to be practical for the majority of the board.

I know there are a dozen gys who follow draft issues more closely than anybody else and they are why that forum was created. Why can't you use this opportunity to garner interest from another few hundred people?

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:18 AM
It's a stupid idea for them to have done this right in the middle of the combine. It should have been done either before or after.

Ya think?

Only like the biggest Draft event of the year, short of the Draft itself.

Timing. Ur doin it wrong

cdcox
02-25-2014, 12:19 AM

Have participants subscribe to the thread.

Phobia
It's a stupid idea for them to have done this right in the middle of the combine. It should have been done either before or after. Having said that, the <s>Gods</s> mods have spoken. Just port over the active threads and go from there.

Hey - that's fair criticism. This decision should have been made a month ago. How do we make it work?

Phobia
Ya think?

Only like the biggest Draft event of the year, short of the Draft itself.

Timing. Ur doin it wrong

Acknowledged. Very sorry.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:21 AM
You are 100% entitled to that opinion. No problem.

But, don't be flipping out about how the main forum doesn't want to talk football, or that no one cares about improving the overall level of football conversation... when it's really you that doesn't care if there are more football topics on the main page. Then you act like everyone in the main forum is essentially beneath you.

To be fair, if you guys really wanted to talk football, Draft planet was just a click away.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Hey - that's fair criticism. This decision should have been made a month ago. How do we make it work?

Leave it open until after the combine's finished, then close it if you feel strongly about doing so. Change this thread to an alert notifying people that the draft forum will be closed from the end of the combine until the draft.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Leave it open until after the combine's finished, then close it if you feel strongly about doing so.

Is Direcshun agreeable to this solution?

Direckshun
I'm a reasonable person. If you don't like this plan, then give me a plan that is going to be practical for the majority of the board.

I know there are a dozen gys who follow draft issues more closely than anybody else and they are why that forum was created. Why can't you use this opportunity to garner interest from another few hundred people?

Well first of all, I'm not in the majority on this issue. So I'll let you handle it as you need to. But I'm allowed my say on the issue. At least until AustinChief arbitrarily bans me.

Second of all, the alleged interest on the topic from a few hundred people doesn't exist. If it would, the Lounge wouldn't look like it does. What it does is invite the typical CP irreverence and asshattery into legit Draft threads, and to sink those threads the next five times a teacher molests a student.

BossChief
I don't use any of those forum tools, either...but it's easy to just click on the draft logo and boom, every draft thread pops up.

I don't think it's gonna be a problem keeping the thing on the front page, anyway.

It's gonna be better and easier this way to find draft threads IMO...and like I said, I welcome the additional discussion and larger audience.

RealSNR
I foresee a ban in your future.

Then you will slam your fist down in anger, causing a nearby pipe organ to tip over and crush you. News of your demise will drift back to Chiefsplanet and someone will post a Curly Bill gif.

Don't let someone post a Curly Bill gif in your honor. Switch to laid back life outlook.

LMAO

booger
02-25-2014, 12:23 AM
We are just not ready to shower with Michael Sam

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Well first of all, I'm not in the majority on this issue. So I'll let you handle it as you need to. But I'm allowed my say on the issue. At least until AustinChief arbitrarily bans me.

Second of all, the alleged interest on the topic from a few hundred people doesn't exist. If it would, the Lounge wouldn't look like it does. What it does is invite the typical CP irreverence and asshattery into legit Draft threads, and to sink those threads the next five times a teacher molests a student.

What if we leave Draft Planet alone for diehards but encourage draft discussion in the Lounge during the offseason (ie: we won't move threads). Diehards can choose their audience and still keep their private playground.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Is Direcshun agreeable to this solution?

I'm not agreeable to any solution that ends in "...and then we shut down DraftPlanet."

Honestly, I'll let you guys handle it. I just really disagree with it.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:27 AM
What if we leave Draft Planet alone for diehards but encourage draft discussion in the Lounge during the offseason (ie: we won't move threads). Diehards can choose their audience and still keep their private playground.

Again, that's your call. I'll allow you to handle it as you wish. I just reserve my right to dislike it.

tk13
02-25-2014, 12:28 AM
To be fair, if you guys really wanted to talk football, Draft planet was just a click away.

Yeah, but the general appeal of this forum is that it was a free for all centered around one forum, with an emphasis on the Chiefs. That's why a lot of people like coming here. Now if the general consensus is let's not do that anymore, then maybe not. But the people complaining about this are basically complaining about the nature of this forum. That's why I made the comment to Direckshunned about posting somewhere else. It's basically like going into Dunkin Donuts and complaining they don't have ice cream.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:28 AM

If you look at the majority of other NFL team fan forums, they are mainly divided into several different topics:

[Insert Team Name] Talk - Obvious, threads about anything that pertains to the existing team/players

Around the League - anything related to the rest of the NFL/ players not on the team, etc

College Football/Draft

The Lounge - where all of your poop threads, child molestation by a teacher threads, NSFW threads, etc, can be found. Crap that has nothing to do with football.

It's weird that actual talk about the Chiefs seems to be side chatter here while the main forum is all of the random stuff.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Yeah, but the general appeal of this forum is that it was a free for all centered around one forum, with an emphasis on the Chiefs. That's why a lot of people like coming here. Now if the general consensus is let's not do that anymore, then maybe not. But the people complaining about this are basically complaining about the nature of this forum. That's why I made the comment to Direckshunned about posting somewhere else. It's basically like going into Dunkin Donuts and complaining they don't have ice cream.

That's just so unorganized and would save people a lot of trouble if topics were restricted to certain forums.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:31 AM

This. :harumph:

cdcox
02-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Ideally draftplanet threads would post in both the draftplanet and lounge forums. If somone posts a comment in the draftplanet version, it would automatically go to both versions of the thread. If someone posted in the lounge version, it would only go to the lounge version of the thread. Direckshun could have mod ability for the draftplanet version and disembowel anyone who posts something in the draftplanet version that isn't worthy.

Not sure if VB could accommodate that without massive programming.

tk13
02-25-2014, 12:33 AM
If you look at the majority of other NFL team fan forums, they are mainly divided into several different topics:

[Insert Team Name] Talk - Obvious, threads about anything that pertains to the existing team/players

Around the League - anything related to the rest of the NFL/ players not on the team, etc

College Football/Draft

The Lounge - where all of your poop threads, child molestation by a teacher threads, NSFW threads, etc, can be found. Crap that has nothing to do with football.

It's weird that actual talk about the Chiefs seems to be side chatter here while the main forum is all of the random stuff.

See, there's the circular argument again. We shuffled all the offseason draft talk off the main forum, now people are complaining there isn't enough football talk on the main forum. It doesn't make any sense.

But also the appeal to this forum was always that it wasn't like most NFL forums. The whole "normal" structure of team/around the league/off topic forums is a bad idea.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 12:33 AM

College Football/Draft

Having the general forum being the main forum is a plus. When Patriots Planet shifted away from that (and made a bunch of other really stupid decisions), the site went to shit.

My preferences, for what that's worth, would be in this order:

1.) Just allow people to start draft threads in the main lounge as well as Draft Planet until the draft is over.

2.) Wait until the combine's over to close Draft Planet.

3.) Burn the place to the ground, douse it in antifreeze, and throw "Obama was here" posters all over the ashes.

4.) Give in to the whiny shits who had the ability to start draft threads in the lounge and give the mods the opportunity to just let them slide without this becoming a big deal, but decided to start bitching instead.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Direckshun could have mod ability for the draftplanet version and disembowel anyone who posts something in the draftplanet version that isn't worthy.

LMAO

Not necessary.

To be honest, I'm starting to come down a bit from my ersatz rage high. Part of it is Phobia's responsiveness on the issue rather than coming out in "**** you" guns-blazing mode, as is too often the case on this forum. Part of it is that it really is just a subforum on a football forum, so who gives a shit. Part of it is that all cultures need some change, and it's not terrible to siphon off draft talk to the Lounge.

I just really liked the draft forum. Really, really liked it.

Oh well.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:36 AM

College Football/Draft

We don't care how other forums do what they do. We've always done what we wanted, ditched what failed, and kept what worked. Most those other forums have copied at least one or two things we've done. We do as much as we can to keep the majority happy and this move is an effort to remind folks of that.

TimeForWasp
02-25-2014, 12:44 AM
I feel a draft in here.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Would it ever be possible to color code thread topics on the main page based on topic subject- like you can with the icons now?
Possibly a feature one could turn On or off, or even sort by those Pre-fixed topic subjects.

Ya know like - Chiefs would be a red highlight, Royals - blue, NFL - green, News and and Info - yellow, Draft - Brown. KU - different shade of Blue, KSU - Purple, Mizzou - Brown Mustard Color, Game Threads - Gold.

Obviously, those not designated would be the default color scheme for the board, and you could turn them on or off via User Controls - possibly even individually so, for example, KU would show up highlighted, but KSU & MU would just be their normal default UI look.

just an idea....

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Would it ever be possible to color code thread topics on the main page based on topic subject- like you can with the icons now?
Possibly a feature one could turn On or off, or even sort by those Pre-fixed topic subjects.

Ya know like - Chiefs would be a red highlight, Royals - blue, NFL - green, News and and Info - yellow, Draft - Brown. KU - different shade of Blue, KSU - Purple, Mizzou - Brown Mustard Color, Game Threads - Gold.

Obviously, those not designated would be the default color scheme for the board, and you could turn them on or off via User Controls - possibly even individually so, for example, KU would show up highlighted, but KSU & MU would just be their normal default UI look.

just an idea....
Table this and keep it. Kyle has a goal of upgrading our board software this offseason. We aren't spending any amount of time customizing this one until the new one is operable.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:48 AM
OP updated. Discuss latest options. I don't care about your "this sucks" posts.

I like "this sucks because and here is a much better way to do it because" posts.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 12:48 AM
We don't care how other forums do what they do. We've always done what we wanted, ditched what failed, and kept what worked. Most those other forums have copied at least one or two things we've done. We do as much as we can to keep the majority happy and this move is an effort to remind folks of that.

Ok, that's fine, but why penalize the ones who were already talking about football in Draft Planet?

It seems clear to me that people in the main forum don't really want to talk about football, that's why it's dominated by poop threads, molestation stories, etc. Is it our fault that those people aren't interested enough to click a button to enter Draft Planet?

We post about the draft there because we want to avoid the clutter that is in the main forum. In my opinion, it's just simpler that way. If people want to talk about football they're free to come post on existing threads in Draft Planet; it's not like we're stopping them from doing that. Or they can post their threads here, whatever. Leave it the way it was.

I just don't agree with penalizing the existing Draft Planet users over a few complaints.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:53 AM
I just don't agree with penalizing the existing Draft Planet users over a few complaints.

Then read OP again. It's been open for discussion. We've tried it half a dozen different ways in the past 14 years.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 12:54 AM
Table this and keep it. Kyle has a goal of upgrading our board software this offseason. We aren't spending any amount of time customizing this one until the new one is operable.

Fair enough.

Me personally, I'm cool with whatever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I come to CP bc of the discussion and Good mix of users, but understand cohesion and accessibility can make a huge difference in quality of experience and participation for messageboard sites like our little community.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 12:55 AM
OP updated. Discuss latest options. I don't care about your "this sucks" posts.

I like "this sucks because and here is a much better way to do it because" posts.

Three things:

1. I really hate this idea, period.

2. If you're going to close the forum, you might as well nuke it rather than juke threads between forums based on whatever arbitrary criteria we cook up, but please move all DraftPlanet threads to the main forum, since I do enjoy looking up threads from a couple years ago to see how my predictions turned out.

3. The absolute best thing ChiefsPlanet does is the CP Mock. That needs to be stickied in the Lounge. Again, it is the best thing this forum does.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 12:55 AM
Then read OP again. It's been open for discussion. We've tried it half a dozen different ways in the past 14 years.

With the new change, you might want to delete my hat tip thread from the lounge.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 12:57 AM
With the new change, you might want to delete my hat tip thread from the lounge.

Thanks. Yeah. Less confusion that way.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 12:58 AM

:hmmm:

Move all draft threads to Draft Planet from one week after the draft until the week after the Super Bowl.

For the time between the Super Bowl and through one week after the draft, allow draft discussion in both areas. That should allow Draft Planet to devote entire threads to the backup punter from division 4 Biteme State University, yet still allow for decent draft talk on the main board. Between draft talk and free agent talk, the slow time on the main forum should be short-lived.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Three things:

1. I really hate this idea, period.
That's okay. You're allowed. You're used to the way it used to work. Nobody likes change. We're looking to improve quality of life in the Lounge. You can help with that. Don't bitch about people not caring about the draft. Educate casual users on the draft.
2. If you're going to close the forum, you might as well nuke it rather than juke threads between forums based on whatever arbitrary criteria we cook up, but please move all DraftPlanet threads to the main forum, since I do enjoy looking up threads from a couple years ago to see how my predictions turned out.
That's why there should be discussion about the arbitrary criteria. Heavyweight draftnik stuff should stay in DraftPlanet. Something a little lighter or with a broad interest should go to the Lounge? I don't know a perfect solution. This is why it has yet to be determined.

3. The absolute best thing ChiefsPlanet does is the CP Mock. That needs to be stickied in the Lounge. Again, it is the best thing this forum does.
Not a problem. We can do that.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Oh man :(

Draft Planet is the only place I feel important on here. Even if it's all in my head.

Can we just turn the lounge into draft planet until the draft? Stickies and important Direckshun threads?

Lastly, how does one apply to be a sub forum mod?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Oh man :(

Draft Planet is the only place I feel important on here. Even if it's all in my head.

Can we just turn the lounge into draft planet until the draft? Stickies and important Direckshun threads?

Lastly, how does one apply to be a sub forum mod?

You have to kiss Direcshun's ass entirely.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 01:06 AM
How about this criteria:

Mock drafts (full 32 team mocks), Mock draft games, general college players discussions, stay in Draft planet.

Chiefs specific mock off-seasons and threads specifically about prospects directly linked to Chiefs as potential picks, get moved to the Lounge. That seem fair?

That means people who would be really inconvenienced (the Mock Draft game players, current Combine thread posters, etc.) will be able to keep their stuff away from the clutter in the Lounge.

More football talk will end up in the Lounge due to Derick's hundreds of Chief Mock off-seasons and off-season mocks that other people put up for discussion plus the threads that directly relate to prospects whom we think the Chiefs are really interested in.

I think that seems fair.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 01:07 AM
I'm kinda on board with keeping Draftplanet as is.

Less clutter, and something to be said for the discriminating eye purposely seeking out that specific information versus getting caught up in the main board off topic crossfire.

The subforum isn't tough to access and if one is complaining about broadening the discussion, the inverse is if one is missing stuff only posted in DP, then maybe they're not that Big of a draft enthusiast anyway. Behavior dictates if you can't be bothered to click into DP, you're probably not doing a lot of scouring the web about the Draft and quality insights or analysis outside CP.

DP serves a good function of cutting through some of the excess bullshit and fluff of simple click thru mainboard worthless replies. (like this one)

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 01:07 AM
That's why there should be discussion about the arbitrary criteria. Heavyweight draftnik stuff should stay in DraftPlanet. Something a little lighter or with a broad interest should go to the Lounge? I don't know a perfect solution. This is why it has yet to be determined.

I see no reason why threads about the backup punter from Division IV Biteme University can't also go into the Lounge.

If we're looking to make ChiefsPlanet a football forum, well, then make it a football forum. Not football forum lite.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 01:11 AM
I see no reason why threads about the backup punter from Division IV Biteme University can't also go into the Lounge.

If we're looking to make ChiefsPlanet a football forum, well, then make it a football forum. Not football forum lite.

This works too.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:11 AM

Less clutter, and something to be said for the discriminating eye purposely seeking out that specific information versus getting caught up in the main board off topic crossfire.

The subforum isn't tough to access and if one is complaining about broadening the discussion, the inverse is if one is missing stuff only posted in DP, then maybe they're not that Big of a draft enthusiast anyway. Behavior dictates if you can't be bothered to click into DP, you're probably not doing a lot of scouring the web about the Draft and quality insights or analysis outside CP.

DP serves a good function of cutting through some of the excess bullshit and fluff of simple click thru mainboard worthless replies. (like this one)
I understand why you like it. I designed it for that functionality. But I perceive our needs have expanded. I'm not looking to squash all the fun entirely, just let some of it flow into the Lounge. Working from that premise, discuss.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 01:13 AM

When the thread about the backup punter from Division IV Biteme University flies off of the front page because only 3 people want to talk about it, you'll be complaining about that. My idea was an attempt to compromise by keeping Draft Planet relatively free of light interest posters, while keeping the Lounge relatively free of what most posters would consider to be picayune draft threads and still encouraging a wider discussion of the more significant draft topics.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:14 AM
How about this criteria:

Mock drafts (full 32 team mocks), Mock draft games, general college players discussions, stay in Draft planet.

Chiefs specific mock off-seasons and threads specifically about prospects directly linked to Chiefs as potential picks, get moved to the Lounge. That seem fair?

That means people who would be really inconvenienced (the Mock Draft game players, current Combine thread posters, etc.) will be able to keep their stuff away from the clutter in the Lounge.

More football talk will end up in the Lounge due to Derick's hundreds of Chief Mock off-seasons and off-season mocks that other people put up for discussion plus the threads that directly relate to prospects whom we think the Chiefs are really interested in.

I think that seems fair.

Good start. I presume most casual followers are most interested in your rounds 1 & 2 prospects - maybe an occasional list of sleeper picks, especially from area colleges. With that in mind, how can you whet the palate of Lounge followers while keeping Draftniks happy?

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:14 AM
What's frustrating is that there is typically high level conversation in a lot of those threads, which many have come to appreciate.

If it moves to the lounge, it's going to water it down heavily, and dissolve into name calling and ignorant posters shitting all over intelligent takes....

It's nice in DP because while it is a more refined convo, it's not exclusive and anyone can hop in and join in should they want. By being in the lounge , I fear it'll get crowded with douche (people trolling). How about letting thread starters boot worthless trolls on those threads, should it move to the lounge?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:15 AM
When the thread about the backup punter from Division IV Biteme University flies off of the front page because only 3 people want to talk about it, you'll be complaining about that. My idea was an attempt to compromise by keeping Draft Planet relatively free of light interest posters, while keeping the Lounge relatively free of what most posters would consider to be picayune draft threads and still encouraging a wider discussion of the more significant draft topics.

Yes, yes, yes. You and I are on the same page exactly.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:15 AM

Stated way better than my post.

All of this.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Make a poll. It's the planet way.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 01:17 AM
What's frustrating is that there is typically high level conversation in a lot of those threads, which many have come to appreciate.

If it moves to the lounge, it's going to water it down heavily, and dissolve into name calling and ignorant posters shitting all over intelligent takes....

It's nice in DP because while it is a more refined convo, it's not exclusive and anyone can hop in and join in should they want. By being in the lounge , I fear it'll get crowded with douche (people trolling). How about letting thread starters boot worthless trolls on those threads, should it move to the lounge?

Like tk said...See now you are acting like you are above other people and that's what will bring the trolling. Just like the day of the draftmasturbators.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:20 AM

Not sure that functionality is available but I'm not opposed to the discussion of creating a higher standard of discussion for draft threads with a penalty of being removed from the thread.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 01:21 AM
The trolling will come, regardless.

As will people complaining about too many football topics.

Sigh.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Like tk said...See now you are acting like you are above other people and that's what will bring the trolling. Just like the day of the draftmasturbators.

No no... Not saying it's a "better than you" thing at all... I just think the gen pop might intimidate some of the guys from there into posting less... Or arguing more.

The lounge is way feistier and fickle, which I love and certainly engage in, and dp is kind of a zone where it's more friendly debate.

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Good start. I presume most casual followers are most interested in your rounds 1 & 2 prospects - maybe an occasional list of sleeper picks, especially from area colleges. With that in mind, how can you whet the palate of Lounge followers while keeping Draftniks happy?

Well, that would come naturally with the Mock off-seasons. We are constantly changing the picks and adding new players along with information about them. I like adding videos to go along with my suggested prospects because it's nice to see them in action so that other people can form their own opinions as well. No 2 mocks are ever really the same, especially not in this draft. There are so many different prospects that you can choose from and plenty of holes on the team.

People in the general public will naturally become more aware and develop a wider view of the draft class with each new Chiefs mock off-season that comes out between now and the actual draft. What we do in FA will change things to a degree. Who we decide to release will change things, who we re-sign will change things, etc.

Direckshun
Yup. DraftPlanet has been the home of cordial debate about football and prospects.

It is nothing like the acidic abuse of the drafturbators from 2009.

Dante84
If dp is a circle jerk, well, let us jerk in peace. And come on in if you wanna jerk too.

No reason why threads of similar nature can't exist in two places.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 01:25 AM
No no... Not saying it's a "better than you" thing at all... I just think the gen pop might intimidate some of the guys from there into posting less... Or arguing more.

The lounge is way feistier and fickle, which I love and certainly engage in, and dp is kind of a zone where it's more friendly debate.

Yeah lounge is no holds barred for sure...which makes it great and sad in one swoop.

booger
02-25-2014, 01:26 AM
Can we hire cam girls for the casino and tip them with casino cash yet? Or is that project still tabled?

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Can we hire cam girls for the casino and tip them with casino cash yet? Or is that project still tabled?

That...

needs to happen

booger
02-25-2014, 01:29 AM
That...

needs to happen

Amen my broham

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:29 AM

Sigh.

Dang. No wonder you love mock drafts. It's your only opportunity to hope as a Chiefs fan.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Wait till chiefscafans main board mock takes over this place!!

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Dang. No wonder you love mock drafts. It's your only opportunity to hope as a Chiefs fan.

The light has been switched on. Now you see.

This is how we cope with the pain. Daydreaming about what might someday be.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 01:32 AM

Sigh.

Free agency will be coming before the draft, and it doesn't have its own forum. Why aren't you creating threads about that in the main forum if you want a higher level of football discussion?

OldSchool
02-25-2014, 01:33 AM

I do my hoping/dreaming by playing Madden 14, simulating the 2013 season, and then going through the entire off-season. I then proceed to go 19-0 with a 80-0 average margin of victory in 2014. Success.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:34 AM
Yup. DraftPlanet has been the home of cordial debate about football and prospects.

It is nothing like the acidic abuse of the drafturbators from 2009.

Yeah that sucked. I love how it is now, no bullies, just draft nerds.

It's like making the dance dance revolution kids play in front of the whole school. Yeah, it's real fucking nerdy. It might also be fun. But most will just talk shit because fuck it.

Let the smelly nerds dance in the back corner of the arcade.... wedgie free and happy.

Direckshun

Well, tell me I'm wrong.

Pasta Little Brioni
Free agency will be coming before the draft, and it doesn't have its own forum. Why aren't you creating threads about that in the main forum if you want a higher level of football discussion?

Because other than the donks just buying Peyton that's how u build a team...through the draft. The rest of that team is garbage and it shows.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 01:35 AM

Um, are you kidding me?

I've been accused of many things, but not starting enough football threads in the Lounge is not one of them.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Um, are you kidding me?

I've been accused of many things, but not starting enough football threads in the Lounge is not one of them.

I call bullshit.

Late night bullshit.

Just Passin' By
Because other than the donks just buying Peyton that's how u build a team...through the draft. The rest of that team is garbage and it shows.

You build a team through the combination of the draft and free agency. It's not one or the other.

Anyong Bluth
I understand why you like it. I designed it for that functionality. But I perceive our needs have expanded. I'm not looking to squash all the fun entirely, just let some of it flow into the Lounge. Working from that premise, discuss.

It's your party. I'll roll with it and be fine either way.

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 01:38 AM
I call bullshit.

Late night bullshit.
ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Dante84
02-25-2014, 01:40 AM
FA, GM and coach search talk should be in the lounge, I think. Way less hypotheticals and what-ifs, because you are dealing with known commodities.

Plus, who doesn't love the occasional "okay, gang" "I saw him at best buy" threads?

Direckshun
02-25-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm going to give JPB the benefit of the doubt and assume he's suffered massive head trauma and has completely forgotten who I am.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
You build a team through the combination of the draft and free agency. It's not one or the other.

Ok. There is a fucking thread about every FA guy available. That's why. You never see the 10 k omg we should sign....threads?

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 01:53 AM

Agreed.

There's a different modicum of expectations and behavior conducted with the DP. The small pond / Big Fish effect is totally in play by the very nature of the main board.
It's an inverse effect of say bringing all of DC's subforum back to the mainboard.

You can't have an in depth discussion like you find in small group settings if you're doing it with 1000 people. That's why it's called a lecture because the group dynamic changes the very nature of communication and participation by introduction of a vast number of competing levels interest and value.

I rarely post in DP by comparison, even though I read it a ton, and that stems from understanding when it's of value (I hope at least)- on the main board, I know I post stuff that's absolute shit and maybe the only person amused by it is me.

EveryOne is worthy of having a voice and their opinion, but not everyone's opinion is worth having a voice to be heard.

booger
02-25-2014, 01:55 AM
I'm of the opinion it's cool the way it is. But I adapt to change. I guess I'm trying to figure out what is trying to be accomplished in this. Is it just more football talk in the main lounge in general? Not bitching about anything because like I said I can adapt. Just help me understand the objective better if you will. Sincerely just a bit confused

Thanks

Phobia
02-25-2014, 01:56 AM
It's your party. I'll roll with it and be fine either way.

If it were my party, we'd just do whatever. I'm adaptable. I'll figure it out. But we're trying to make things work for as many people as we can. We're trying to make it look like this is a nice place to spend time. Then we hook them before they find out the truth.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm of the opinion it's cool the way it is. But I adapt to change. I guess I'm trying to figure out what is trying to be accomplished in this. Is it just more football talk in the main lounge in general? Not bitching about anything because like I said I can adapt. Just help me understand the objective better if you will. Sincerely just a bit confused

Thanks

We have a cool mix of draftniks. It hasn't always been that way. In fact, the subforum was created in part because we had a guy who used to create multiple mock draft threads per day.

I'm not trying to rain on their parade. I want to bring their parade to the downtown area.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 02:03 AM
If it were my party, we'd just do whatever. I'm adaptable. I'll figure it out. But we're trying to make things work for as many people as we can. We're trying to make it look like this is a nice place to spend time. Then we hook them before they find out the truth.

Translation: A vacation travel guide for prison.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 02:07 AM
Translation: A vacation travel guide for prison.

I guess... if you're some kind of fancy wordsmith.

booger
02-25-2014, 02:15 AM
We have a cool mix of draftniks. It hasn't always been that way. In fact, the subforum was created in part because we had a guy who used to create multiple mock draft threads per day.

I'm not trying to rain on their parade. I want to bring their parade to the downtown area.

I think if you take for example: east/west shrine game thread. Senior bowl thread. All college all star game 'official game threads' those should stay in the main lounge like a chiefs or other game thread.

there is also going to be clutter. Sac has the individual positions of the weigh ins at the combine. that's great and I enjoy those threads but for some it could clutter the main page. I could see putting them in the draft forum only. As I could for those who post lots of their own mocks.

People are going to vary on their interest level before the actual draft itself. Some spend everyday in those threads and others just check in periodically.

I don't know how sticky's are viewed generally on the main lounge page but the 'visited with, talked to at the senior bowl/all star game, combine, pro day, private workout, etc, could be stickied in the lounge and that's a good daily reminder for some folks.

Maybe becoming more of a stickler in the prefixes might need to take place to help sort through things quicker. I don't even think thats an issue but if it becomes one that's the easiest way to navigate.

In general I can see wanting more football threads in the lounge and that being more attractive to new comers. I totally see that and respect that line of thinking.

You aren't going to make everyone perfectly happy but you should be able to find a pretty good balance for everyone's enjoyment if you do what you are doing with this thread and take suggestions and ease into things

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm going to give JPB the benefit of the doubt and assume he's suffered massive head trauma and has completely forgotten who I am.

Ok. There is a ****ing thread about every FA guy available. That's why. You never see the 10 k omg we should sign....threads?

Take a look at the front page of the Lounge. Maybe that will help to get my point across. It really wasn't an obscure one, so I don't know why you both missed it.

booger
02-25-2014, 02:31 AM
So is the thought that you want to turn draftplanet into an archive or an overflow?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 03:32 AM
So is the thought that you want to turn draftplanet into an archive or an overflow?

Nah - I think it still serves a purpose. The heavies would still participate in their usual routine but they'd come help we novices in the Lounge sometimes, especially with their cult-hit mock draft. I don't know exactly what it looks like but I have a general idea of what I think would be positive for ChiefsPlanet. I'm looking to regular participants in DraftPlanet and The Lounge to help fill in the blanks with their own cool ideas.

booger
02-25-2014, 04:04 AM
Nah - I think it still serves a purpose. The heavies would still participate in their usual routine but they'd come help we novices in the Lounge sometimes, especially with their cult-hit mock draft. I don't know exactly what it looks like but I have a general idea of what I think would be positive for ChiefsPlanet. I'm looking to regular participants in DraftPlanet and The Lounge to help fill in the blanks with their own cool ideas.

Just general encouragement for posting it in the lounge then. Got ya. Yea that makes plenty of sense. Little bit of the old days and still keep the dp.

Baby Lee
02-25-2014, 07:10 AM

You know when I don't give a shit about the draft? When people start mocking the 2014 draft the instant Mr. Irrelevant 2013 is picked. When our D is rocking and we're undefeated halfway through the season. When our D falls to shit and we get pisspounded in the playoffs.

You know when I DO give a shit about the draft? When the draft is the next thing to happen in the NFL.

Regardless, I've been here forever, and AFAICR I've never clicked on draft, casino, or fantasy subforum links.

Baby Lee
02-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Yeah that sucked. I love how it is now, no bullies, just draft nerds.

It's like making the dance dance revolution kids play in front of the whole school. Yeah, it's real fucking nerdy. It might also be fun. But most will just talk shit because fuck it.

Let the smelly nerds dance in the back corner of the arcade.... wedgie free and happy.

Well, when you enroll in Dance Dance Revolution High, . . .

Sully
02-25-2014, 07:30 AM
I guess this is the great thing about Tapatalk. I almost exclusively use the "unread" tab, so there's no such thing as sub forums. So unless I'm specifically looking for something, I don't worry about it.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 07:33 AM
You know when I don't give a shit about the draft? When people start mocking the 2014 draft the instant Mr. Irrelevant 2013 is picked. When our D is rocking and we're undefeated halfway through the season. When our D falls to shit and we get pisspounded in the playoffs.

You know when I DO give a shit about the draft? When the draft is the next thing to happen in the NFL.

Regardless, I've been here forever, and AFAICR I've never clicked on draft, casino, or fantasy subforum links.

And your crucial contributions have been duly noted! ;)

Simply Red
02-25-2014, 07:34 AM

you're sensationalizing - just keep keeping it solid w/ the LNB threads. CP needs more Electro!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-25-2014, 07:37 AM
The wiseassery is to a refreshing minimum there

htismaqe
02-25-2014, 07:46 AM

Actually, we created the draft sub forum because the draft conversations were getting hopelessly buried in offseason ramblings.

I fully expect that to happen again.

BlackHelicopters
02-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Life is so confusing

Sfeihc
02-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Actually, we created the draft sub forum because the draft conversations were getting hopelessly buried in offseason ramblings.

This sums it up rather well.

Phobs, mad respect for you. If it weren't for you I would have never joined CP. That being said maybe on a trial basis for this off season just sticky the CP Mock thread in the Lounge along with a discussion thread. That way the CP Mock thread won't get overrun with douchebaggery.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:05 PM
This sums it up rather well.

Phobs, mad respect for you. If it weren't for you I would have never joined CP. That being said maybe on a trial basis for this off season just sticky the CP Mock thread in the Lounge along with a discussion thread. That way the CP Mock thread won't get overrun with douchebaggery.

If we do something like this, it's designed to make the Lounge better. I hear the concerns of draftniks lima charlie. Therefore, there would be an understanding that general debauchery in legitimate draft threads would be unwelcomed at the risk of being banned from that thread. That's not to say people can't make a joke when warranted. But douchebaggery would be discouraged - ala prayer threads.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 05:12 PM

This.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 05:13 PM
If we do something like this, it's designed to make the Lounge better. I hear the concerns of draftniks lima charlie. Therefore, there would be an understanding that general debauchery in legitimate draft threads would be unwelcomed at the risk of being banned from that thread. That's not to say people can't make a joke when warranted. But douchebaggery would be discouraged - ala prayer threads.

Or just leave the draft forum the way it is....

DaFace
02-25-2014, 05:15 PM
This.

I know I've said this a million times, but all you have to do is click on a draft icon to essentially have DraftPlanet, but embedded in the Lounge so that everyone else can see those threads. You can even bookmark it if you want:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1&prefixid=NFLDraft&daysprune=30

Note that there are currently only 3 threads in the past 30 days. I'd love for that to change regardless of whether DraftPlanet itself continues to exist.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 05:16 PM
I know I've said this a million times, but all you have to do is click on a draft icon to essentially have DraftPlanet, but embedded in the Lounge so that everyone else can see those threads. You can even bookmark it if you want:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1&prefixid=NFLDraft&daysprune=30

And all people have to do is click on the link that says Draft Planet to do the exact same damn thing.

DaFace
02-25-2014, 05:17 PM
And all people have to do is click on the link that says Draft Planet to do the exact same damn thing.

Right, but then the majority of people don't see it. Most people don't click into subforums.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Right, but then the majority of people don't see it. Most people don't click into subforums.

So we have two choices?

1. Leave it the way it is and let the people who find it....find it.

2. Get rid of it and put every draft topic in the lounge where every moronic dipshit can chime in about how nobody is a GM and "MANTI TE'O AT #1" is the way to go. Phobia has clarified that these people would be at a risk of being banned for trolling draft threads...which in turn creates more policing work for the mods.

htismaqe
02-25-2014, 05:27 PM

I'm not worried about people being idiots and ruining the threads.

The average BUSY draft thread gets half or less the traffic that your average "another hot teacher fucked a student" thread.

There's no draft discussion in the Lounge. The threads get lost in the waves.

htismaqe
02-25-2014, 05:28 PM

The majority of the people won't see them anyway. They disappear into the abyss in a couple of hours.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:33 PM
So we have two choices?

1. Leave it the way it is and let the people who find it....find it.

2. Get rid of it and put every draft topic in the lounge where every moronic dipshit can chime in about how nobody is a GM and "MANTI TE'O AT #1" is the way to go. Phobia has clarified that these people would be at a risk of being banned for trolling draft threads...which in turn creates more policing work for the mods.
Banned from the thread, if necessary. I know it's going to be an adjustment. But we need an infusion of what brought us all here and this is convenient. Again, not looking to burn draftplanet to the ground, just want to infuse the Lounge with a little shot of football and see how it goes. If it's a dismal failure, we'll adjust or put it back the way it was. I think we all agree that CP could use some tweaking. I recognize that the pushback is coming from draftniks who like what we already have. I want you indulge your desires but would ask for your understanding in what we're trying to do as well. Help design this so it works well for everybody. Compromise is the key here.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Banned from the thread, if necessary. I know it's going to be an adjustment. But we need an infusion of what brought us all here and this is convenient. Again, not looking to burn draftplanet to the ground, just want to infuse the Lounge with a little shot of football and see how it goes. If it's a dismal failure, we'll adjust or put it back the way it was. I think we all agree that CP could use some tweaking. I recognize that the pushback is coming from draftniks who like what we already have. I want you indulge your desires but would ask for your understanding in what we're trying to do as well. Help design this so it works well for everybody. Compromise is the key here.

Compromise? Keep the draft subforum but allow everyone to post draft threads in the lounge all they want.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm not worried about people being idiots and ruining the threads.

The average BUSY draft thread gets half or less the traffic that your average "another hot teacher ****ed a student" thread.

There's no draft discussion in the Lounge. The threads get lost in the waves.

You obviously have a lot of experience. Help me make it work. It can work if it's designed to work and tweaked as necessary. We've never really made a concerted effort to make it work. We fly by the seat of our pants a lot and that's sometimes a recipe for disaster.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Compromise? Keep the draft subforum but allow everyone to post draft threads in the lounge all they want.

That's kind of where we are right now with a couple variations on it, but yeah. You get the idea.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Keep the draft forum for the threads that Direckshun likes to put together and the CP mock. The Lounge can be used for things like talking about a certain player or a certain position....

htismaqe
02-25-2014, 05:39 PM
But we need an infusion of what brought us all here

A-FUCKING-MEN!

Hallelujah!

Halfcan
02-25-2014, 05:40 PM

This!

htismaqe
02-25-2014, 05:40 PM
You obviously have a lot of experience. Help me make it work. It can work if it's designed to work and tweaked as necessary. We've never really made a concerted effort to make it work. We fly by the seat of our pants a lot and that's sometimes a recipe for disaster.

You know I'm willing to help if it means more football discussion...

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Keep the draft forum for the threads that Direckshun likes to put together and the CP mock. The Lounge can be used for things like talking about a certain player or a certain position....

I think you're close. Direcshun actually wanted the CP mock stickied in the Lounge and that would be productive. I think the Lounge should only be used for high profile players and maybe some sleeper picks, especially those from area universities which would garner lots of amateur interest.

Another idea is that we can copy threads between forums. If a thread is incredibly intriguing, it doesn't have to get moved necessarily. It can get copied over to the lounge. Wish we had the capability to mirror them in real time because that would be ideal. But we don't.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:49 PM
You know I'm willing to help if it means more football discussion...

Thanks. I'm optimistic we can make it work and I appreciate buy-in from draftniks. It won't work at all without you guys.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 05:49 PM
This!

We're way past that, bro. Read up to like #150 and then start responding, please. Lots of progress within the thread.

keg in kc
02-25-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm looking to regular participants in DraftPlanet and The Lounge to help fill in the blanks with their own cool ideas.Free beer and strippers.

Deberg_1990
02-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Maybe CP needs a Miscellaneous forum? Where we can post stuff like poop, hot teacher sex and wacky Florida news.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:02 PM
So, what's preventing the gen pop from starting draft threads?

I don't get what the purpose of this is... since they have the ability to start these threads anyways. Or they have the ability to step into Draft Planet and join in there.

If the issue is that people aren't clicking into DP, maybe make it a link, sticked at the top of the main lounge page?

That might be a good compromise - the Draft Planet link smacked right above the first thread in the lounge. Increase accessibility to DP while allowing DP to continue as is.

DaFace
02-25-2014, 06:06 PM

Right now, I think there's a perception that draft talk isn't welcome in the Lounge.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 06:08 PM

I don't know. Complacency? Not everybody loves to start threads. I rarely start them. I participate in what's been started. I don't see much draft discussion, I just don't learn much about that year's draft. That's just the way it is. I'm not trying to cram anything down anybody's throat, just put some options out there.

Basically what you've described in the remainder of your post is how it is now. While that works for those who actually visit draftplanet, it's not working for our most trafficked forum.

saphojunkie
02-25-2014, 06:08 PM
The answer to Direckshun's question is that there are 254 members viewing the Lounge right now and 10 viewing Draftplanet.

I know it took me a long time to start really venturing into draft planet, because I felt like it was the same 5 dudes posting over and over and over again.

We need to move the draft talk into the main forum, because eyeballs need to see that info. This board needs to become better educated, myself included. I'd love to say make the Lounge a subforum for poop threads, but the truth is most people prefer the poop threads to actual football threads.

It's sad, but true.

Maybe we should sticky a few draft threads up top, like a main combine thread, and some positional discussions. I don't know. Moar poop threads.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2014, 06:16 PM
The answer to Direckshun's question is that there are 254 members viewing the Lounge right now and 10 viewing Draftplanet.

I know it took me a long time to start really venturing into draft planet, because I felt like it was the same 5 dudes posting over and over and over again.

We need to move the draft talk into the main forum, because eyeballs need to see that info. This board needs to become better educated, myself included. I'd love to say make the Lounge a subforum for poop threads, but the truth is most people prefer the poop threads to actual football threads.

It's sad, but true.

Maybe we should sticky a few draft threads up top, like a main combine thread, and some positional discussions. I don't know. Moar poop threads.

This. That sub forum is a ghost town.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:17 PM

It's sad, but true.

It still is that way - the same posters posting in DP. That's a turn off for some, but that's how the "better education" happens.

Same idea as having a huge lecture hall vs having a smaller, intimate class. You'll be more focused and learn more in the small class... teach the same thing in a lecture hall and the level of education (i/e: conversation) will be lowered by guys with 50 posts asking if we will draft Tebow in the first (on page 1), then starting a new thread with the same question, then putting it in 5 other draft threads (hi penbrook!)

I feel it should be consistent with the anti-socialist sentiment on the board - if you want to be educated, go to class (draft planet).

Don't make the school and classes worse by lumping everyone together.

Brock
02-25-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't see this changing. This place just is what it is.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Right now, I think there's a perception that draft talk isn't welcome in the Lounge.

Okay - how about this?

A stickied "Official Draft Mega Thread" at the top of the Lounge?

The masses will hit that up, and for deeper convo, they can head to DP.

Should any big draft news break (Clowney's 40, If someone is injured), let's not shun a person for posting it in the lounge. It's news, so **** you for bitching - especially if they are complaining about reposts when it was buried in a huge thread.

Side note- In fact - why not make "Repost Policing" an infraction, should someone throw stones at a thread starter for bringing it out to a dedicated thread?

saphojunkie
02-25-2014, 06:31 PM
The only real trouble is that Blackbob has been able to hide out pretty successfully in Draftplanet. Out in the open, he might not have a prayer.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:33 PM
The only real trouble is that Blackbob has been able to hide out pretty successfully in Draftplanet. Out in the open, he might not have a prayer.

Is that really him (OS)?

If so, how do you know?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Okay - how about this?

A stickied "Official Draft Mega Thread" at the top of the Lounge?

Isn't that what we did last year? I don't know how well that worked. I don't think I really clicked in it. Stickies tend to get overlooked unless they are high interest material. A sticky about Jovan Belcher's murder suicide was heavily trafficked that Saturday, for instance.

Side note- In fact - why not make "Repost Policing" an infraction, should someone throw stones at a thread starter for bringing it out to a dedicated thread?
I agree if the person is a frequent violator but reposts are usually innocent gaffs and often because the first thread starter chose a poor title. I don't think reposts are a huge problem here any longer.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 06:36 PM

That's a positive, isn't it? I like it when people figure it out and blend into the community eventually.

saphojunkie
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Is that really him (OS)?

If so, how do you know?

Educated guess. No one shows up on Chiefsplanet and immediately heads to a subforum, posting with that level of familiarity. And the general "When I go to the tape" regurgitation of talking heads.

That's my only complaint with the draft talk, is everyone doing their best Mike Mayock "He looks like a 4.6 guy on tape, so the 4.65 is a little disappointing."

:rolleyes:

saphojunkie
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
That's a positive, isn't it? I like it when people figure it out and blend into the community eventually.

Totally.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Isn't that what we did last year? I don't know how well that worked. I don't think I really clicked in it. Stickies tend to get overlooked unless they are high interest material. A sticky about Jovan Belcher's murder suicide was heavily trafficked that Saturday, for instance.

I agree if the person is a frequent violator but reposts are usually innocent gaffs and often because the first thread starter chose a poor title. I don't think reposts are a huge problem here any longer.

General reposts are funny, and deserve to get piled on.

The ones where it is annoying, is when a person posts news, and then someone attacks the OP for not seeing the story buried inside of a megathread.

Okay, then how about a non-stickied Draft Megathread? ***official*** and everything. It should get some play, after staying on the first page for a few days. I bet it would catch.

Trying to find a middle ground to keep DP thriving.

Deberg_1990
02-25-2014, 06:41 PM

I don't think alot of people like Mega threads. They feel like their voice gets lost on page 63 out of 158.

Personally. I don't have any issues with draft threads in the main forum from January to April/May each year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Educated guess. No one shows up on Chiefsplanet and immediately heads to a subforum, posting with that level of familiarity. And the general "When I go to the tape" regurgitation of talking heads.

That's my only complaint with the draft talk, is everyone doing their best Mike Mayock "He looks like a 4.6 guy on tape, so the 4.65 is a little disappointing."

:rolleyes:

Hey man, that's the nerdy shit we live for, and we would get crucified for it in the lounge.

That's exactly the reason why you're seeing the resistance from the locals.

It's nerdy, we know and own it. We just don't want to get bullied until we stop posting stuff in general, which would then nullify the purpose of the entire exercise - to educate the masses.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't think alot of people like Mega threads. They feel like their voice gets lost on page 63 out of 158.

Personally. I don't have any issues with draft threads in the main forum from January to April/May each year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed! People who get pissy can eat a dick.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2014, 06:45 PM
The CP draft experts are just going to have to deal with having all the peasants interfere with their Mensa group for a few draft months.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 06:48 PM
The CP draft experts are just going to have to deal with having all the peasants interfere with their Mensa group for a few draft months.

Again - that's not the thought process.

Its more of a haven or retreat, if you will, to prevent the "drafturbator" bullshit, where everyone bitches at eachother instead of talking about the draft.

No reason the draft convos cant happen in the lounge, and dp still exist.

Donger
02-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Okay, I'll admit that I don't know the history.

DraftPlanet was created because there were too many threads at one point in the Lounge about the draft, not unlike why DC was created?

patteeu
02-25-2014, 06:54 PM

Can we make this any more complex? You started out with an excellent idea (re-merging draft talk into the Lounge). Compromising to let some hardcore draft threads stay in the Draft forum didn't seem necessary to me, particularly with our ability to filter with thread prefixes, but I get that you're trying to keep people happy so, fine. But I don't get why Direckshun and a few other apparently sensitive draft dweebs need special protection from the meanies that the rest of us have to deal with on a daily basis. Draft threads have nothing in common with prayer threads and they don't deserve debauchery free status, IMO. That's just asking for moderator-related trouble and unnecessary drama.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 06:58 PM

We're doing everyone else a favor by posting in there. Otherwise you'd hear people constantly bitching about mock drafts and the other shit that we post in there.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Can we make this any more complex? You started out with an excellent idea (re-merging draft talk into the Lounge). Compromising to let some hardcore draft threads stay in the Draft forum didn't seem necessary to me, particularly with our ability to filter with thread prefixes, but I get that you're trying to keep people happy so, fine. But I don't get why Direckshun and a few other apparently sensitive draft dweebs need special protection from the meanies that the rest of us have to deal with on a daily basis. Draft threads have nothing in common with prayer threads and they don't deserve debauchery free status, IMO. That's just asking for moderator-related trouble and unnecessary drama.

Sensitive draft dweebs? Seriously? We're not asking for special favors and considerations. We want the draft forum to stay the fucking way it is right now.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 07:02 PM
There will no changes to the D.C. forum, sir.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 07:04 PM
We're doing everyone else a favor by posting in there. Otherwise you'd hear people constantly bitching about mock drafts and the other shit that we post in there.

You're right. The average user of this site doesn't want to see 20 mock draft threads started in the Lounge every day. But we all share a common demographic and we're all at least moderately interested in who our respective team drafts in 2014 and beyond. We'll find a solution and we'll do it together.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Appoint some Draft Mods. A few of the junkies that are level headed. They don't have to actively monitor it, just able to handle things if situations should accrue.

Donger
02-25-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't think that I've ever ventured into DraftPlanet. I may have to now.

Is some reasonable knowledge of football and/or the draft a requisite for posting there? If not, will they be helpful in educating me?

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 07:07 PM

Agreed, mega thread is ripe for simply becoming a high value target for a mega clusterfuck.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Sensitive draft dweebs? Seriously? We're not asking for special favors and considerations. We want the draft forum to stay the fucking way it is right now.

Yes. Please don't cry.

RealSNR
02-25-2014, 07:09 PM

We'd love some debauchery. Of the right type. Unfortunately, is usually boils down to, "Meeehhhhhh you're not a GM or an NFL head coach so what could you POSSIBLY know?"

You're starting to see this shit already in this very thread by some posters.

Draft talk is awesome because people see different shit in game highlights and read different scouting reports. They have different vested interests in college games when they watch them during the year. They have different opinions about team needs and position value and the depth of the class. All that comes together to make for great discussion.

We're not asking for high-level academic writing here. Say you agree. Or say you disagree. Or say you think the draft is an ineffective way to build a football team. Just fucking say something. Shitting on people's opinions because you don't like seeing a new mock draft every day or because a person with an opinion doesn't have an NFL scouting career is stupid, worthless, and shitty. And guess where it happens the most? In the Lounge. That's where most of those retards sit and fester.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Sensitive draft dweebs? Seriously? We're not asking for special favors and considerations. We want the draft forum to stay the ****ing way it is right now.
You want a special little room to discuss the draft the way you want. A room where you can all gang up on anyone who you don't approve of, with a special drafturbator mod of your own.

sounds pretty special to me

who else gets to avoid dealing with CP shit about stuff?

Donger
02-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Wait, the denizens of DraftPlanet DON'T want draft threads in the Lounge? I would have thought the opposite.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
We'd love some debauchery. Of the right type. Unfortunately, is usually boils down to, "Meeehhhhhh you're not a GM or an NFL head coach so what could you POSSIBLY know?"

You're starting to see this shit already in this very thread by some posters.

Draft talk is awesome because people see different shit in game highlights and read different scouting reports. They have different vested interests in college games when they watch them during the year. They have different opinions about team needs and position value and the depth of the class. All that comes together to make for great discussion.

We're not asking for high-level academic writing here. Say you agree. Or say you disagree. Or say you think the draft is an ineffective way to build a football team. Just fucking say something. Shitting on people's opinions because you don't like seeing a new mock draft every day or because a person with an opinion doesn't have an NFL scouting career is stupid, worthless, and shitty. And guess where it happens the most? In the Lounge. That's where most of those retards sit and fester.

You're a music teacher, not a GM or an NFL head coach, so what could you POSSIBLY know?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Appoint some Draft Mods. A few of the junkies that are level headed. They don't have to actively monitor it, just able to handle things if situations should accrue.

We already have this in place, no?

patteeu
02-25-2014, 07:16 PM
You want a special little room to discuss the draft the way you want. A room where you can all gang up on anyone who you don't approve of, with a special drafturbator mod of your own.

sounds pretty special to me

who else gets to avoid dealing with CP shit about stuff?

Exactly. I occasionally stop by the Draft forum and read one of Direckshun's latest mocks or some other thread that sounds interesting. Just yesterday I opened up the Combine thread for the first time and found some of the regular draftniks shitting on a new guy because he didn't think a particular player would be very useful to the Chiefs for scheme reasons. Now we're talking about special protection for these guys.

RealSNR
02-25-2014, 07:17 PM
You're a music teacher, not a GM or an NFL head coach, so what could you POSSIBLY know?

See? SEEEEE? DO YOU FUCKING SEE?! LMAO

Brock
02-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Do you even watch college football bro

Sorter
02-25-2014, 07:18 PM

Is some reasonable knowledge of football and/or the draft a requisite for posting there? If not, will they be helpful in educating me?

If you have questions, I'm always available.

Anyong Bluth
02-25-2014, 07:19 PM

Not at all, sometimes you can start just by watching and learning. Getting familiar with the frequented outside websites people pull info from, etc. You'll eventually be familiar with something or someone being discussed that you have an opinion or insight and post away. It's a lot less dickish, and people won't be coming at you from all sides. If they did, you probably did something pretty obvious. i.e. Constantly combative with "x" poster regardless of the actual content of the post.

Sorter
02-25-2014, 07:20 PM
In the past it was simply attached to the Lounge, no?

What's wrong with that? I don't recall such complaints or outcry the past few years but if they exist, I'd like to see them.

Nightfyre
02-25-2014, 07:26 PM
I disagree with this policy decision.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Exactly. I occasionally stop by the Draft forum and read one of Direckshun's latest mocks or some other thread that sounds interesting. Just yesterday I opened up the Combine thread for the first time and found some of the regular draftniks shitting on a new guy because he didn't think a particular player would be very useful to the Chiefs for scheme reasons. Now we're talking about special protection for these guys.

I'm curious. How exactly is keeping things as they are some kind of special protection? Is there an anti-poster button the draft people can just click to jettison someone like yourself?

lewdog
02-25-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm not here for football and now I have to make my way through all the draft threads in the lounge!?

This is absurd.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm curious. How exactly is keeping things as they are some kind of special protection? Is there an anti-poster button the draft people can just click to jettison someone like yourself?

The special protection I'm talking about is Phobia's idea of treating draft threads in the Lounge like prayer threads. And yes, he has a button.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 07:38 PM
The special protection I'm talking about is Phobia's idea of treating draft threads in the Lounge like prayer threads. And yes, he has a button.

So the special protection isn't actually special protection at all, then. It's actually an ameliorating accomodation to those who's current situation is being disrupted. Do you have a problem with this because you're just being a dick, or because you can't grasp a pretty simple concept such as trying to keep the flavor of the draft planet threads when they're basically ported into the Lounge?

I ask because you're making the draftniks' point for them.

crazycoffey
02-25-2014, 07:48 PM

Oh, bring it on draft snobs, come find me!

RealSNR
02-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Oh, bring it on draft snobs, come find me!

In St. Louis? I assumed from your username that you lived in Coffeyville.

crazycoffey
02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
In St. Louis? I assumed from your username that you lived in Coffeyville.

Nope, been there once when I lived in Topeka though

patteeu
02-25-2014, 08:17 PM
So the special protection isn't actually special protection at all, then. It's actually an ameliorating accomodation to those who's current situation is being disrupted. Do you have a problem with this because you're just being a dick, or because you can't grasp a pretty simple concept such as trying to keep the flavor of the draft planet threads when they're basically ported into the Lounge?

I ask because you're making the draftniks' point for them.

No, it's special protection. And I have a problem with it because it's a deviation from the free wheeling, self-policing nature of our board and I don't see any justification for that deviation.

The Franchise
02-25-2014, 08:22 PM
No, it's special protection. And I have a problem with it because it's a deviation from the free wheeling, self-policing nature of our board and I don't see any justification for that deviation.

Except we didn't ask for it.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Except we didn't ask for it.

I didn't say you did. It was offered in response to whining. Do you oppose this special treatment?

Just Passin' By
02-25-2014, 09:58 PM
I didn't say you did. It was offered in response to whining. Do you oppose this special treatment?

The draftniks aren't getting special treatment in some positive way. They're being impacted negatively. What you're complaining about is nothing but an attempt to limit the negative impact. By acting like a little bitch, you're making some of the points of the draftniks for them.

Dante84
02-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Yep, I'm whining because I prefer it the way it is, as does everyone else in there.

If people are hellbent on "seeing behind the curtain" then they could simply click a button. It's literally that easy. A fucking button. To click. Once.

OR... if they don't want to click a button, they could start a thread in the lounge and discuss the same stuff. Again, very easy to do.

If there's not a demand for a change, in fact, its the opposite - because people seem to hate in-depth draft talk, I don't see why one needs to be implemented.

I get it - its a football forum, but also a bullshit talking forum, which we all love. Its the offseason, so the bullshit stuff floats to the top. If people want to talk football, they can easily do so by A.) clicking a button, or B.) sticking their neck out by starting a thread in the main area.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 10:29 PM
The draftniks aren't getting special treatment in some positive way. They're being impacted negatively. What you're complaining about is nothing but an attempt to limit the negative impact. By acting like a little bitch, you're making some of the points of the draftniks for them.

What you don't seem to understand is that I don't care that the draftniks are being impacted in a negative way by being exposed to the attention of the general population. The case you say I'm helping them make is not compelling to me. Our sensitive draftniks don't warrant special treatment in the way that someone who starts a legitimate prayer thread deserves special treatment. They deserve the same treatment that we all get in non-prayer threads. You know, like being called a little bitch or a sensitive draft dweeb.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Yep, I'm whining because I prefer it the way it is, as does everyone else in there.

If people are hellbent on "seeing behind the curtain" then they could simply click a button. It's literally that easy. A fucking button. To click. Once.

OR... if they don't want to click a button, they could start a thread in the lounge and discuss the same stuff. Again, very easy to do.

If there's not a demand for a change, in fact, its the opposite - because people seem to hate in-depth draft talk, I don't see why one needs to be implemented.

I get it - its a football forum, but also a bullshit talking forum, which we all love. Its the offseason, so the bullshit stuff floats to the top. If people want to talk football, they can easily do so by A.) clicking a button, or B.) sticking their neck out by starting a thread in the main area.

I'm in there and I don't prefer it.

It's equally easy to filter by thread prefix. And that method gives more flexibility to people to see the forum the way they want to see it instead of forcing them to see draft stuff separated from lounge stuff.

Phobia
02-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Once again, I'm not interested in why this won't work. I don't care why it won't if that's all you bring to the discussion. I want to know your ideas for making it work. It's an open discussion and we are going to give it a good effort. If it fails, then we'll go back. But I'm pretty much completely ignoring people who don't have anything positive to contribute. Sorry.

patteeu
02-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Once again, I'm not interested in why this won't work. I don't care why it won't if that's all you bring to the discussion. I want to know your ideas for making it work. It's an open discussion and we are going to give it a good effort. If it fails, then we'll go back. But I'm pretty much completely ignoring people who don't have anything positive to contribute. Sorry.

How can you have a fruitful discussion if you're only interested in hearing positive comments? How can you make a reasonable decision if you think only about the pros and ignore the cons?

Phobia
02-25-2014, 11:39 PM
How can you have a fruitful discussion if you're only interested in hearing positive comments? How can you make a reasonable decision if you think only about the pros and ignore the cons?

Were you going to offer an idea for how we could make this work well?

Direckshun
02-26-2014, 12:01 AM
It really is a difficult situation...

Do you nuke DP altogether? What, then, of the dozens of mock drafts people like to post? Are we going to have to regulate them to one thread?

Do we keep DP open only for the mock drafts? Then it becomes the mock draft forum, and that's endlessly boring.

Here's a suggestion, from somebody who is really trying to be agreeable, here: nuke DP altogether (on the condition that 100% of its threads from the past ~10 years get moved to the Lounge), and make CasinoPlanet the Fantasy Football/Mock Draft forum. There's very few mocks during the football season, but tons of fantasy stuff. There's very little fantasy stuff during the offseason, but tons of mocks.

It's less than ideal, but it would keep the Lounge from suffering under a deluge of mock draft threads. And some user could simply create an "official mock draft thread" in the Lounge.

Less than ideal, sure. But I think it's a compromise.

Phobia
02-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Interesting idea, D. Thanks for coming around on this proposal. We'll figure out a solution that works for most of us. I don't think doing away with the forum entirely is the answer.

Did you see my idea about copying threads from DraftPlanet into the Lounge?

Dante84
02-26-2014, 12:14 AM
That could work. So Fantasy Planet when ON season, and Mock/Draft Planet during the OFFseason?

Or, in the same vein, how about we pull Fantasy stuff out of Casino and merge Fantasy and Supernerd Draft threads in the current DP, while General Draft threads remain in the Lounge?