PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 69

Rain Man
02-25-2014, 06:31 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RfuEWbVUNUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xkW_ZkMtmlQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OLdIKlXl3ZA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimBone
02-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Inb4 inb4 inb4

Rain Man
02-25-2014, 06:34 PM
My votes:

#1 - A Fish Called Wanda. If you didn't see the movie, this scene loses a lot of context, but it's howlingly funny in context. As a standalone scene I really like how she flows across his name without hesitation or doubt.

#2 - Groundhog Day. Love the movie, but not that crazy about this montage of scenes. It's still reasonably funny, though.

#3 - Gran Torino. This is a good and engaging scene. If I liked confrontational scenes I would rate it higher. It's better than a third-place scene.

Rain Man
02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
The Gran Torino scene makes me chuckle. The girl gets in the truck with the crazy guy and her boyfriend walks away. I presume the next scene is her chained to a pipe in his basement?

Rain Man
02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Oh, man. Why do you people hate comedy?

There's still time to fix this poll. Get in here and vote for Ned or Manfrenjensenden.

WhawhaWhat
02-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Voted Groundhog Day.

Rain Man
02-27-2014, 06:32 PM
(Sigh.) Gran Torino moves on.

It's a fine scene, but the other two are much more enjoyable in my opinion.

BlackHelicopters
02-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Groundhog Day

Rasputin
02-27-2014, 07:24 PM
As a Chiefs fan I can relate to Bill Murray in Groundhogday