Height: 6'5" : 6'4"

Weight: 265 pounds : 259 pounds

40 time: 4.74 sec : 4.72 sec

Broad Jump: 9'8" : 9'4"

Vertical: 33" : 33 1/2"

Short Shuttle: 4.30 sec: 4.33

3-cone drill: 7.42 sec : 6.94 sec

What is said about Amaro coming into the draft:

STRENGTHS Excellent size with a well-proportioned frame and room for added bulk. Releases cleanly into routes. Moves like an oversized receiver. Good balance. Enough foot speed to stretch the seam. Good hands to extend and catch. Gives effort as a move blocker and can block out defensive backs. Flashes nastiness. Historic one-year production.

WEAKNESSES Was used as an inside receiver and lacks the bulk, base strength and body power to match up with NFL defensive ends. Is unsudden (average acceleration) and lacks elite top-end speed. Upright, unrefined route runner -- shows hip and ankle stiffness in and out of breaks. Struggles to consistently separate. Fairly straight-linish after the catch. Ordinary run strength. Production was inflated by scheme and poor pass defenses.

What was said about Anthony Fasano coming into his draft:

Fasano has a developing frame with a thick chest, good upper body muscle tone and bubble, thick calves and thighs and adequate hip flexibility. He has the ability to carry more bulk and still maintain his agility and short area quickness. He has good movements coming off the snap, showing smoothness in his route and enough acceleration to gain advantage. He generates a clean release, using his hands with force to defeat the jam.

Fasano shows the ability to squeeze through tight quarters to settle into the zone's soft area. He has a good feel for the underneath passing game and while he lacks top speed, he is very effective at covering ground to stretch and threaten the seam. He showed in 2005 improved sharpness and pattern progression. He now breaks off the route squarely and while he is used mostly on the tight end delay and underneath, he has enough burst to slip by and get up the seam (see 2005 Southern California, Tennessee and Navy games).

Fasano has the strength and short area quickness to separate in the short area. He runs disciplined routes, finds his marks, breaks cleanly and gets his head turned around in time to look the ball in. He is a big target over the middle and has a feel for coverage, doing a nice job of getting open in time for the quarterback to get the ball to him. He makes good body adjustments to the ball in flight and has the ability to uncover.

Fasano catches in his hands and body. He can extend high and low to make the off-target catches and is a consistently good receiver. He runs crisp digs, drags and option routes and shows good body lean and weight transfer that allow him to snap off his breaks and separate. He lacks the speed to be considered a deep threat, but gets into his routes smoothly and has the body control to adjust to the ball in flight.

He is a tough and physical receiver when working in a crowd. He has good hand/eye coordination to catch outside the framework and has some shake to elude after the catch. He will not win many foot races in the open, but turns it up hard and will bleed yardage after the catch. He is more of a power runner who breaks tackles rather than someone who will try to slip by and avoid defenders.

As a blocker, he is on the defender quickly and follows up with good strength, leverage and active feet. Fasano needs to add more bulk to be an adequate in-line blocker, but he works hard to sustain. He shows good balance and does an effective job adjusting to the linebacker in space to finish his block. He has just enough size to wall off the linebacker, but he is not going to pancake the bigger defensive linemen with his frame structure.

In other words, for those who really want Amaro on the team, we already have a more experienced version of him.:hmmm: Just hope that Fasano can stay healthy this time around.

Titty Meat
02-27-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm not a big Amaro fan

58-4ever
02-27-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm not a big Amaro fan plus 1

CaliforniaChief
02-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Also, if you draft Amaro you miss an opportunity to upgrade a position of bigger need. So that's part of the equation also.

I'd rather have Beckham, Cooks, Pryor, or Ha Ha.

Jakemall
02-27-2014, 10:13 PM
I sincerely hope that the Chiefs do not draft a TE before the 5th...if at all.

BossChief
02-27-2014, 11:27 PM
I don't give 2 shits about combine times and measurements.

Jace Amaro plays a lot faster than Fasano and is far more talented.

CoMoChief
02-27-2014, 11:51 PM

This is true....BUT

We seriously better be drafting a WR or CB with the first pick. Though I dont know if Gilbert will be at 23.....his stock probably jumped with his combine workout. I sure as hell didn't think he had 4.3 speed.

I just hope him or Marquis Lee is at #23. Then sign Jeremy Maclin to a 1 or 2-yr incentive loaded deal and have Daniel recruit him to KC. WR core finished.

Direckshun
02-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Man, it is not even close.

By his third year, if not right away, there is not a single measure of a TE's talent that Amaro will not have surpassed Fasano at his peak, with the possible exception of blocking.

OldSchool
02-27-2014, 11:58 PM
This is true....BUT

We seriously better be drafting a WR or CB with the first pick. Though I dont know if Gilbert will be at 23.....his stock probably jumped with his combine workout. I sure as hell didn't think he had 4.3 speed.

I just hope him or Marquis Lee is at #23. Then sign Jeremy Maclin to a 1 or 2-yr incentive loaded deal and have Daniel recruit him to KC. WR core finished.

Maclin is going to stay in Philly for at least another year. They're already working on a deal for him.

Gilbert is likely going in the top 15 and Dennard will be gone in the top 20. Then you have Jason Verrett and Roby. Verrett is a much more explosive and faster version of Flowers. Roby has too much bad tape for me to take him with a 1st.

BossChief
02-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Jace Amaro has a real shot at being in the second tier of NFL tight ends...the guys right below Jimmy Graham.

Fasano is in the 4th tier.

BossChief
02-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Who the fuck wants us to draft a corner in the first?

Fuck that.

This corner class is as deep as it gets and we can take our pick of good ones late in the draft. Like the 5th round.

Our corners are press man. That requires two other moving parts to make it effective

1) pass rush
2) good over the top safety play

We didnt have either for the second half of the year.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Jace Amaro has a real shot at being in the second tier of NFL tight ends...the guys right below Jimmy Graham.

Fasano is in the 4th tier.

Anyone remember Michael Egnew?

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Who the **** wants us to draft a corner in the first?

**** that.

This corner class is as deep as it gets and we can take our pick of good ones late in the draft. Like the 5th round.

Our corners are press man. That requires two other moving parts to make it effective

1) pass rush
2) good over the top safety play

We didnt have either for the second half of the year.

People who want someone that's capable of locking down a WR for longer than 3 seconds. Need a lot more speed in our secondary.

Direckshun
02-28-2014, 12:14 AM
I'd take a really hard look at either Gilbert or Dennard if they were around at our pick.

We're probably cutting Flowers and Smith in 2015 (prediction of mine), and having another corner to pair with Marcus Cooper as seasoned heirs for that starting spot will become a necessity.

Hell, I'd take a look at Jason Verrett if we traded down to the late 1st or 2nd.

I do agree that there are half a dozen starter-quality corners in the 3rd and midrounds, however. Maybe not start-right-away caliber, but eventual starters with effective coaching.

Anyong Bluth
02-28-2014, 05:46 AM
Hold up, numbers don't tell the full story.

You can probably find 100 guys that have near mirror numbers as Jerry Rice.

They ain't Jerry Rice.

Jimmya
02-28-2014, 05:49 AM
Agreed on numbers... That's why the draft is a yearly hit and miss.

BlackHelicopters
02-28-2014, 06:39 AM
The draft is so fun.

htismaqe
02-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Man, it is not even close.

By his third year, if not right away, there is not a single measure of a TE's talent that Amaro will not have surpassed Fasano at his peak, with the possible exception of blocking.

Exactly. The comparison is absolutely absurd.

Halfcan
02-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Maybe Fasano will learn to catch in the off season-he has the worst hands of a chiefs player since Iron Hands Hayworth.

KC native
02-28-2014, 10:54 AM
I want Amaro or a WR at 23.

If we find a decent trade down scenario, I'd be cool with Jason Verrett and picking up a 2nd rounder.

htismaqe
02-28-2014, 11:06 AM
I want Amaro or a WR at 23.

:thumb:

RunKC
02-28-2014, 11:10 AM
I think Reid is gonna get a chubby for a WR at 23. I think he feels that Kelce is gonna be a badass

nychief
02-28-2014, 11:12 AM

sorta silly to say that considering he has never played in an NFL game.

BossChief
02-28-2014, 11:17 AM
What?

You need to play in the NFL to show you have the talent to be able to do so?

Have you even seen the kid play? He is gonna be a star.

RunKC
02-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I would definitely take Lee or Beckham over Amaro as they are deep downfield threats and can get great separation.

Would love Amaro though. He's gonna be a good one.

htismaqe
02-28-2014, 11:59 AM
sorta silly to say that considering he has never played in an NFL game.

Well, Fasano has and his flaws are OBVIOUS.

ROFL

htismaqe
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
I would definitely take Lee or Beckham over Amaro as they are deep downfield threats and can get great separation.

Would love Amaro though. He's gonna be a good one.

I wouldn't take Lee over Amaro. I don't like Lee nearly as much as some do. I'm with Sac on this one.