PDA

View Full Version : Football Dion Jordan could be traded

In58men
02-28-2014, 01:19 PM
@JasonLaCanfora: MIA has been gauging trade value for '13 1st round pick Dion Jordan, league sources said, after trading up to 3rd overall for him last year

Yay or nay?

BlackHelicopters
02-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Must be a reason Miami doesn't want him.

alpha_omega
02-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Dont know enough to say one way or the other...it will be interesting to monitor the responses.

In58men
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM

He wasn't tough enough?

The Franchise
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Tag and trade Albert.

Steron
02-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Maybe he was 'Player A'?

Prison Bitch
02-28-2014, 01:32 PM
wow last year's draft is turning out to be a steaming turd

sedated
02-28-2014, 01:36 PM

Their front office is a mess?

The Franchise
02-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Their front office is a mess?

Exactly. Everything to do with Miami......not with Jordan.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-28-2014, 01:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Then told Jordan he was staying, though. Weird. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora">@JasonLaCanfora</a>: MIA has been gauging trade value for &#39;13 1st round pick Dion Jordan</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/439484556358721536">February 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
02-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Miami is a fucking circus.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I'd trade them Fisher

Chief_For_Life58
02-28-2014, 02:26 PM
is he even good?

Chief_For_Life58
02-28-2014, 02:26 PM
like eric fisher or mike brown good?

planetdoc
02-28-2014, 02:27 PM
I'd trade them Fisher

uhhhh no.

chiefs would have only 1 tackle on contract (stephenson). Also Fisher's guaranteed money would accelerate and wreck the chiefs salary cap space.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2014, 02:31 PM
I generally avoid spending top three overall picks on guys who immolated themselves while siphoning gas with a vacuum cleaner.

Dunerdr
02-28-2014, 02:36 PM
I'd trade a player possibly send them Fasano lol

Tombstone RJ
02-28-2014, 02:54 PM
@JasonLaCanfora: MIA has been gauging trade value for '13 1st round pick Dion Jordan, league sources said, after trading up to 3rd overall for him last year

Yay or nay?

wow, wanna know how to be a really bad team--trade up to draft a player, only to trade that player away for a lot less a year later.

Eureka
02-28-2014, 03:07 PM
wow, wanna know how to be a really bad team--trade up to draft a player, only to trade that player away for a lot less a year later.

It was a bad trade for the Raiders "they" said!

The Franchise
02-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Citing "numerous" league sources and NFL executives, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins "might also be open to dealing" Cameron Wake and Mike Wallace.

If La Canfora's sources are to be trusted, the Dolphins are open to a full-on firesale under rookie GM Dennis Hickey, as 2013 No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan is also said to be available. Miami would absorb an over-$5 million cap penalty to deal Jordan, but would clear room by trading Wallace and/or Wake. (No one is going to trade for Wallace's mammoth contract, of course.) La Canfora's story, accessible at the link below, indicates Hickey intends to invest heavily in the talented 2014 draft, and is willing to part with big-name players in order to load up on picks. Ex-GM Jeff Ireland's 2013 offseason "master plan" blew up tremendously during the regular season, and looks worse and worse by the day.

ThaVirus
02-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Dealing Cameron Wake would be a terrible, terrible decision for the Dolphins.

mcaj22
02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Wake is far and away their best player lol

Tombstone RJ
02-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Citing "numerous" league sources and NFL executives, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins "might also be open to dealing" Cameron Wake and Mike Wallace.

If La Canfora's sources are to be trusted, the Dolphins are open to a full-on firesale under rookie GM Dennis Hickey, as 2013 No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan is also said to be available. Miami would absorb an over-$5 million cap penalty to deal Jordan, but would clear room by trading Wallace and/or Wake. (No one is going to trade for Wallace's mammoth contract, of course.) La Canfora's story, accessible at the link below, indicates Hickey intends to invest heavily in the talented 2014 draft, and is willing to part with big-name players in order to load up on picks. Ex-GM Jeff Ireland's 2013 offseason "master plan" blew up tremendously during the regular season, and looks worse and worse by the day.

LMAO

you see, this is why KC's current front office "get's it". You don't do a fire sale just to bring in your own guys, you work with the pieces you have and then over time, try and build the team according to a long term plan for prolonged success.

I really hope the Broncos start talking to Miami to try and help them dump their talent at a reduced rate.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd trade them Hali for Wake or Jordan.

beach tribe
02-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Tag and trade Albert.

That would be awesome.

The Franchise
02-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Good article on what the cost of trading for Jordan would be.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-financial-considerations-trading-dion-jordan/

A few days ago Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald wondered if the Miami Dolphins might try to trade DE/OLB Dion Jordan. Former GM Jeff Ireland traded moved up nine spots to make the selection by trading the 12th and 42nd overall choices for Jordan. Now that Ireland is gone there could be a chance that his pick goes with him. So let’s look at the salary cap consequences and financial considerations for both sides.

As a rookie Jordan only saw action on about 29% of all snaps and primarily was used in passing situations, as 75% of his snaps were on passing plays. His performance as a rusher was not bad for a rookie. He pressured the QB on 11.7% of his pass rush opportunities which was second among Dolphins’ defensive lineman to only Cameron Wake (17.1%). However he produced few sacks and considering his role never grew during the season it did not seem as if he was growing as a player or earned the trust of his coaching staff, which still remains in place.

Jordan signed a four year contract worth a fully guaranteed $20,572,298. While the deal does contain offsets all of the remaining salary and cap charges would be due to Jordan if released, so for anyone discussing that option it will not happen. Trades however are a possibility. If traded the situation would be somewhat similar to the situation with RB Trent Richardson, who was traded last year from the Browns to the Colts. When traded all of the future guaranteed salaries transfer to the new team, leaving the drafting team’s responsibility to simply be the prorated bonus charges remaining in the contract. That is still a hefty figure, but much more reasonable than an outright release.

The Dolphins, if seriously considering this option, would need to make the trade sometime before the 5th day of training camp. If Jordan is on the roster as of that day the team would have to pay him $845,104.

It should also be worth noting that if they opt to trade him for the 22nd pick in the draft they will also be spending more money on a draft pick. The cap charges for that player should be $1,499,745 and $1,874,681 in 2014 and 2015 so the savings are less than listed in the above charts due to the replacement player cost.

From the side of the Eagles that presents an interesting situation. They would take on cap charges of $1,340,104 in 2014 and $2,275,209 in 2015 which means over the next two years they would pay just an additional $240,887 in salary cap for a player with, on paper, top 5 talent if they execute the trade. The Eagles overall would be responsible for $6,825,626 in total salary paid for Jordan over the next three seasons compared to $6,703,248 for the number 22 pick. The guarantee for the number 22 pick should be just over $7 million with a first year cash payout of $4,738,980. So the Eagles would save over $3 million in cash expenses in 2014 and have less guaranteed salary left for Jordan than on the blind draft pick.

So clearly there would be a financial advantage for the Eagles to strongly consider the trade if they feel that Jordan is truly a top 10 player. Miami would just be accepting a sunk cost as gone and moving on from a player they don’t believe in.

beach tribe
02-28-2014, 04:47 PM
uhhhh no.

chiefs would have only 1 tackle on contract (stephenson). Also Fisher's guaranteed money would accelerate and wreck the chiefs salary cap space.

Hell, that's dumber than what the Dolphins are doing.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-28-2014, 04:49 PM
I heard this last week.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Really thinking about it, would Jordan or Wake be worth our 1st in this draft?

I know Jordan would but Wake is too old. Jordan would still be a top 20 guy in this class.

How about they package Jordan and Martin for our 1st, would you do it?

Rausch
02-28-2014, 04:56 PM
I heard this last week.

Keeping this up just shows your ignorance...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-28-2014, 04:58 PM
uhhhh no.

Really I just wanted to say, Fuck Eric Fisher

Deberg_1990
02-28-2014, 05:00 PM
wow last year's draft is turning out to be a steaming turd

People still dont understand this and wonder why the Chiefs drafted Fisher.

Rain Man
02-28-2014, 05:03 PM
What kind of train wreck is a player when the team wants to trade him this quick? They must've caught him trying to sell uranium to North Korea while strangling a runaway.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 05:04 PM
What kind of train wreck is a player when the team wants to trade him this quick? They must've caught him trying to sell uranium to North Korea while strangling a runaway.

They just don't think he fits their scheme. They also think he isn't good enough against the run to start over Wake and Vernon next year. I don't think it has to do with his abilities, they just don't know how to use him.

Rain Man
02-28-2014, 05:09 PM
They just don't think he fits their scheme. They also think he isn't good enough against the run to start over Wake and Vernon next year. I don't think it has to do with his abilities, they just don't know how to use him.

It seems like you would think about that stuff before you draft the guy. But hey, I'm not a professional head coach so maybe I don't know how it works.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 05:10 PM
It seems like you would think about that stuff before you draft the guy. But hey, I'm not a professional head coach so maybe I don't know how it works.

Robert Quinn had the same issues in St. louis his rookie year.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Btw, Dolphins play a 4-3 base, Jordan is a 3-4 OLB. Same reason why Jerry Hughes sucked in Indy.

ModSocks
02-28-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't remember hearing Jordan's name called since he was drafted. You don't just sell a 3rd overall pick unless there is something seriously fucked up about him.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
I don't remember hearing Jordan's name called since he was drafted. You don't just sell a 3rd overall pick unless there is something seriously ****ed up about him.

They run a 4-3, Dion Jordan is a 3-4 OLB and not stout enough to be a 4-3 DE.

Sorter
02-28-2014, 06:45 PM
They run a 4-3, Dion Jordan is a 3-4 OLB and not stout enough to be a 4-3 DE.

ROFL

If that's the case, why couldn't he fit as their Sam?

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 07:02 PM
ROFL

If that's the case, why couldn't he fit as their Sam?

Cause their coaches didn't trust Jordan as a 3-down player. He had never been used in coverage. Just a really poor coaching job; they just used Jordan as a situational pass rusher.

Sorter
02-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Cause their coaches didn't trust Jordan as a 3-down player. He had never been used in coverage. Just a really poor coaching job; they just used Jordan as a situational pass rusher.

Pretty solid in college.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Pretty solid in college.

Should have clarified, by the Phins. They wanted to bulk him up to be a 4-3 DE.

booger
02-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Pretty screwed up. If they didn't want him for their 4-3 they should've taken Ansah.

Even afterwards they could've got him on the field like sorter said playing Sam for a couple years until he put on enough weight to play DE. Smart enough coaching staffs do that when in similar situations like Cincy and Michael Johnson and the Giants with Mathiaus Kiwanuka. Jordan actually caught a few TD passes as a TE and looked good moving around running routes in the red zone for Chip Kelly. Standing up and playing some LB is something he has a natural feel for

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Question:

Would you trade our 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year for Jordon?

He's a better OLB prospect than anything we'll be able to get this year, IMO. I just wonder, was it Jordon's work ethic or something like that? Or is it really just the Gm wanting more picks this year in this really strong draft class and willing to let a young and promising, but not scheme fitting, prospect go for it?

O.city
02-28-2014, 07:36 PM
I'd think about it.

But no.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 07:37 PM
With Miami’s depth in the front seven, the biggest question is how to get Jordan on the field more and where he best fits long-term.

The Dolphins are determined to make it work with Jordan primarily as a 4-3 defensive end. But the coach who knows him best believes that’s not his best spot.

“To me, he’s best as an outside linebacker,” Oregon defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti said, “because when he sets the edge with that leverage, and the way he can run, he will keep everything inside. He can be an outstanding rusher off the edge. I’m not saying he can’t play end. he’s best” at linebacker.

Some evaluators agree with Aliotti. Jordan played mostly as a standup outside linebacker in Oregon’s hybrid 3-4 scheme -– a position Jason Taylor thrived at late in his Dolphins career -– but also some end.

“Jordan’s not a 4-3 end,” said former Packers, Raiders and Falcons executive Ken Herock, who worked with Jordan before the draft. “His best spot is linebacker and he’ll be a great linebacker. He has all the ingredients -– smooth, fluid, athletic, smart, long arms, can take on tight ends. He’s a better athlete than Jason Taylor. Taylor could never play in space like this guy.”

Unless the Dolphins move back to a 3-4 –- which seems unlikely under coordinator Kevin Coyle –[b] they want Jordan primarily at end, considering they have committed long-term financially to Koa Misi, Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler as their linebackers.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/09/the-questions-with-dion-jordan-dolphins-chatter-loria-fallout-heat.html#storylink=cpy

I think I would give them our 3rd and a future pick for Jordan. Supposed to have a great work ethic as well so that's not a problem.

O.city
02-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Ideally, we could do it and recoup a 3rd in a trade down.

OldSchool
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
I'd think about it.

But no.

Even if chances are that he's easily a better prospect than any of the players we could get in the 3rd or even with our 1st?

O.city
02-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Even if chances are that he's easily a better prospect than any of the players we could get in the 3rd or even with our 1st?

Depends what I could do with the first pick.

If we could have ODB at 23, then trade the third for Jordan? Yeah, I'd prolly do it.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Keeping this up just shows your ignorance...

He must not have seen this. He gets pretty butt hurt when you call him out on just about anything.

RippedmyFlesh
02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Question:

Would you trade our 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year for Jordon?

He's a better OLB prospect than anything we'll be able to get this year, IMO. I just wonder, was it Jordon's work ethic or something like that? Or is it really just the Gm wanting more picks this year in this really strong draft class and willing to let a young and promising, but not scheme fitting, prospect go for it?

If they would take it instantly. Houston and Jordan on the edges ? Then a toned down version of the Allen trade with Hali?

sedated
02-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Wtf? Who seriously thinks they would trade the 3rd overall pick from last year for a couple of 3rd rounders? They will want a 1st.

Bewbies
02-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Wtf? Who seriously thinks they would trade the 3rd overall pick from last year for a couple of 3rd rounders? They will want a 1st.

You think they'd get a first if they already want to trade him? LMAO

RippedmyFlesh
02-28-2014, 08:43 PM

It's a fantasy but Miami is dysfunctional enough to think it's possible.

bigbucks24
02-28-2014, 08:44 PM
You think they'd get a first if they already want to trade him? LMAO

You think they are going to take a 3rd for him? ROFL

I will be glad to make a large wager that Miami doesn't trade him for a 3rd round pick (or 2 3rd round picks) this offseason.