PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I mocked-up the first 22 picks in the draft. You pick the 23rd.

Direckshun
03-06-2014, 10:27 AM
1. Houston Texans: QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. St. Louis Rams: OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Jadaveon Clowney, South Carolina
4. Cleveland Browns: QB Terry Bridgewater, Louisville
5. Oakland Raiders: WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
6. Atlanta Falcons: DE Khalil Mack, Buffalo
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Blake Bortles, Central Florida
8. Minnesota Vikings: QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
9. Buffalo Bills: WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
10. Detroit Lions: CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans: OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
12. New York Giants: OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
13. St. Louis Rams: WR Odell Beckham, Jr., LSU
14. Chicago Bears: DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: DE Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
16. Dallas Cowboys: DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
17. Baltimore Ravens: OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
18. New York Jets: TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
19. Miami Dolphins: NT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
20. Arizona Cardinals: S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama
21. Green Bay Packers: S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
22. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
23. Kansas City Chiefs: ???

Poll will take a few minutes.

loochy
03-06-2014, 10:28 AM
in b 4 poll

BlackHelicopters
03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
NB4

RealSNR
03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Depends. Are we signing Peyton Manning?

(No, seriously, what does our free agent situation look like?)

Sfeihc
03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Brandin Cooks, WR, Beavers

Direckshun
03-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Depends. Are we signing Peyton Manning?

(No, seriously, what does our free agent situation look like?)

Pretty standard, if you're familiar with the Chiefs rumors.

Chiefs will probably bring back TJax or sign his replacement in FA. They're also going to probably let all 3 OL walk (Albert, Asamoah, Schwartz).

keg in kc
03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Zach Martin is the only possibility on that list. c'mon man.

RealSNR
03-06-2014, 10:38 AM
If those are the options available, I'd love to see us trade down about 3-5 spots with someone looking at one of those WRs or pass rushers. Because I'd be good with so many of those players.

If we have to stand pat, I'd probably go with Cooks.

BlackHelicopters
03-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Whore option

Chief Roundup
03-06-2014, 10:56 AM
I went with Dee Ford. We need to upgrade the pass rush as well as prepare for Hali's leaving.

Oh yeah and who is this WR Greg Robinson the Rams are taking...

Buehler445
03-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Amaro. Too much mismatch vs the other players on the board.

Honestly though, there aren't many I'd be upset with. I'd be upset with:

QB Zach Mettenberger, LSU
OT/G Zack Martin, Notre Dame
ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama

BTW, I fully acknowledge that we will pick OL @ 23, and I reserve the right to be fucking furious about it.

The Franchise
03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Seriously? Fuck you. We're bringing back either Schwartz or Asamoah. I refuse to take Zach fucking Martin. Cooks all the way.

htismaqe
03-06-2014, 11:13 AM
I like Cooks, Matthews, Ford, and Amaro.

But Amaro was my first love so I had to go with him.

saphojunkie
03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm sticking with my guns on this one. Marquise Lee is as talented as any receiver in the draft, and has shown it over his whole career.

However, what this poll really shows us is that this is an absolutely perfect draft for us to trade back as far as we can. Because that's 14 players who would be great as our first pick. We could literally trade back into the second round and still pick up a day one starter. That's a hell of a value.

The Franchise
03-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm sticking with my guns on this one. Marquise Lee is as talented as any receiver in the draft, and has shown it over his whole career.

However, what this poll really shows us is that this is an absolutely perfect draft for us to trade back as far as we can. Because that's 14 players who would be great as our first pick. We could literally trade back into the second round and still pick up a day one starter. That's a hell of a value.

Trade scenarios always interest me. Who, at our spot, would someone be trading up for? Maybe Cleveland wants to trade up from 26 to grab a WR like Cooks? What do you think are possibilities?

CaliforniaChief
03-06-2014, 11:40 AM
I could see SF moving up for a WR.

Other than that, I'd go:

1. Dee Ford
2. Brandin Cooks
3. Marquise Lee
4. Stephon Tuitt

Mugsy
03-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm going with Mathews. He is one of the best route runners in the class and he catches everything. What he did at Vanderbilt was incredible. He was their entire offense. Despite teams game planning for him every week, he still led the SEC in receiving (112 receptions / 1,477 yards). Those numbers are better than Evans, Beckham Jr., Landry and Moncrief. If Beckham is gone he is the guy I want.

I like Cooks after Mathews. Cooks just isn't very strong. Check out DraftBreakdown.com and watch the Oregon game. He struggles if he is bumped at the line. He is a terrible run blocker. Most importantly he gets the ball knocked out of his hands way to much. He catches the ball with his hands but this happens in every game. He seems very weak to me. NFL corners are going to swat the ball as it's caught at least half the time. I still like him but I think he will be a slot receiver.

I like Lee but am sick of the drops. We've been living with far to many drops for about 10 years now. We need someone who can catch.

I can't see the Chiefs drafting a tight end in the first round. The league currently has 13 tight ends that you could consider play makers. They aren't easy to find at all. I don't see any of these guys being a playmaker at the next level. Also, Reid has never really valued TEs. It's his offense and I don't think he is going to cater to Alex Smith. All three TEs we have now are in the mold of what he had in Philadelphia over the years. Same goes for Dorsey. I don't see him placing a big value on TEs either. Green Bay hasn't had a really good one since Chumura and that was long before Dorsey was there.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
You knew he was going to leave Dee Ford still there to be picked. ROFL

RippedmyFlesh
03-06-2014, 12:06 PM
I think Lee and Ford will be gone before we pick. I see the jets taking a wr before a te.
I like Mathews because I would rather take a potential #1 over a slot guy which is how I see Cooks. Cooks could become another Cruz I just think Mathews is more of a sure thing. I could see Mathews contributing faster than a lot of the wr's coming out this year. We need someday ready from day 1 more so than going on potential.

SeeingRed
03-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Cooks all day

spanky 52
03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I went with ILB Moseley. Really want Beckham but that's not looking good. Realistically we'll probably take an OL.

Steron
03-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Robinson

ct
03-06-2014, 12:33 PM
If Dee Ford is sitting there I don't think 2x unless somebody offers next years 1st rounder to move back into 2nd. I do not think he'll be there though.

Honestly, aside from a slide from a pass rusher like Ford, I'm pretty sure I take the best trade back offer and get another pick or two. So many guys around the same level, let's try to get a couple of em.

BigChiefFan
03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
ILBer CJ Mosley or WR Marquise Lee

SeeingRed
03-06-2014, 01:31 PM

I like Cooks over Lee but both would start day 1. But as far as trading back I disagree......who else on that list you see starting day 1? 14?? :hmmm: because I only see those 2 players as guaranteed day 1 starters actually

RealSNR
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Seriously? Fuck you. We're bringing back either Schwartz or Asamoah. I refuse to take Zach fucking Martin. Cooks all the way.

Remember when we had people pounding the table for David DeCastro?

Rausch
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
20. Arizona Cardinals: S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama
21. Green Bay Packers: S Calvin Pryor, Louisville

FUCK!

TLO
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Cooks or Lee would be fantastic.

Rausch
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

Guy has hands and a lower body like Gonzo with a big enough frame to grow in to a solid blocker with time. Catches the ball with his hands and moves faster than his frame would suggest.

Right now he's polished at nothing. He'd be another raw pick based on talent.

But I like his talent...

FRCDFED
03-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Has it been mentioned that he is the freaking cousin of Jerry Rice?

Jordan Matthews, WR
School: Vanderbilt | Conference: SEC
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Madison, AL
Height/Weight: 6-3 / 212 lbs.

Strengths Weaknesses

STRENGTHS: Chiseled frame that was more impressive than higher-profile names also at the Senior Bowl. Size/speed combination along with his hand/eye coordination and body control makes him an attractive prospect, showing the ability to make plays at all levels of the field and do damage after the catch.

Balanced route-runner with a sizeable catching radius. Size allowed him to be moved inside and out in Vandy's offense, allowing the team to find him favorable matchups. Detailed and reliable route-runner. Very good hand-eye coordination to haul in tough passes, including one-handed catches.

WEAKNESSES: Good, but not great build-up speed and may lack an elite second gear to gain separation. Lean-muscled and needs to do more in contested situations.

Compares To: Earl Bennett, Bears ? Matthews joins Bennett as potentially the best receivers Vanderbilt has produced to the NFL in years. Matthews is two inches taller than Bennett, but share a similar concern about whether he lacks the straight-line speed to consistently beat NFL cornerbacks.

Player OverviewA very productive target, the cousin of legendary Jerry Rice is an impressive prospect because of his athleticism, catching radius and determination with the ball in his hands. With a combined 201 receptions the past two seasons, Matthews became the first Commodores wide receiver to earn first team All-SEC honors from the coaches in consecutive seasons and in the process emerged as the clear-cut top senior wide receiver in this draft class.

He was invited to the Senior Bowl, where he sported a good frame with long arms (32 5/8 inches) and big hands, but he dropped a handful of passes throughout the week of practice and failed to consistently gain separation from cornerbacks.

SOLD!!

The Franchise
03-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Jordan Matthews, WR
School: Vanderbilt | Conference: SEC
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Madison, AL
Height/Weight: 6-3 / 212 lbs.

Strengths Weaknesses

STRENGTHS: Chiseled frame that was more impressive than higher-profile names also at the Senior Bowl. Size/speed combination along with his hand/eye coordination and body control makes him an attractive prospect, showing the ability to make plays at all levels of the field and do damage after the catch.

Balanced route-runner with a sizeable catching radius. Size allowed him to be moved inside and out in Vandy's offense, allowing the team to find him favorable matchups. Detailed and reliable route-runner. Very good hand-eye coordination to haul in tough passes, including one-handed catches.

WEAKNESSES: Good, but not great build-up speed and may lack an elite second gear to gain separation. Lean-muscled and needs to do more in contested situations.

Compares To: Earl Bennett, Bears ? Matthews joins Bennett as potentially the best receivers Vanderbilt has produced to the NFL in years. Matthews is two inches taller than Bennett, but share a similar concern about whether he lacks the straight-line speed to consistently beat NFL cornerbacks.

Player OverviewA very productive target, the cousin of legendary Jerry Rice is an impressive prospect because of his athleticism, catching radius and determination with the ball in his hands. With a combined 201 receptions the past two seasons, Matthews became the first Commodores wide receiver to earn first team All-SEC honors from the coaches in consecutive seasons and in the process emerged as the clear-cut top senior wide receiver in this draft class.

He was invited to the Senior Bowl, where he sported a good frame with long arms (32 5/8 inches) and big hands, but he dropped a handful of passes throughout the week of practice and failed to consistently gain separation from cornerbacks.

SOLD!!

So when do you advocate signing Nate Montana?

FRCDFED
03-06-2014, 03:20 PM
So when do you advocate signing Nate Montana?

Is now too soon? :D

staylor26
03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
If Lee falls to us we're taking him

Mugsy
03-07-2014, 07:40 AM
ILBer CJ Mosley or WR Marquise Lee

If Mosley fell to us, I think Dorsey would take him in a heartbeat. I believe him when he says he's taking the BPA.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I'd be desperately trying to trade down...even if it meant dropping into the second round.

My dream scenario if the board falls like this is to move down 8-10 slots while adding a 2 and a few mid to late rounders this year.

Because of the talent pool in this class, that would be an amazing haul.

patteeu
03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I went with Tuitt, but I almost picked Jordan. I figured we're more likely to find a decent WR later in the draft than a decent DE. If ILB was a bigger need and if Alabama players didn't scare me, I might have gone for Mosley.

Chief Roundup
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
My dream scenario if the board falls like this is to move down 8-10 slots while adding a 2 and a few mid to late rounders this year.

Dream is right. The 23rd overall is not worth a 2cd and a FEW other picks.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Dream is right. The 23rd overall is not worth a 2cd and a FEW other picks.

That depends on what rounds those other picks come from.

A second to go along with a 5th and 6th would be a big time haul.

Those 4th-7th round picks this year all carry over a full round premium due to the depth of the class.

There are almost 200 players with a 3rd round or higher grade in this class.

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Some big fat guard.

Sandy Vagina
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Cooks or Jimmie Ward.. but since only one is an option here..

GordonGekko
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Jace Amaro, too many game changing abilities to pass up on.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Dee Ford or Stephon Tuitt.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 11:48 AM
If we can't move down, I'm taking Amaro with Lee and Cooks tied for a very close second.

Jakemall
03-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Trade down for an early 2nd, pick up Moncrief. Switch 3rd round picks and gain a 5th rounder.

If we're able to maintain the OL, then pick up Mathews with that early 3rd. If not OL...Joel Bitonio?? Jack Mewhort??

TEX
03-07-2014, 12:10 PM
I'd go with TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech. A good TE in this offense would provide immediate positive results. I think you would see the results quicker going with TE than WR. The guy I want is Ebron from NC, but no way he'll be there when the Chiefs pick. He reminds me of a young Tony Gates - virtually uncoverable.

Jakemall
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd go with TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech. A good TE in this offense would provide immediate positive results. I think you would see the results quicker going with TE than WR. The guy I want is Ebron from NC, but no way he'll be there when the Chiefs pick. He reminds me of a young Tony Gates - virtually uncoverable.

I understand the thought, but I'm not sure we need a TE..we got one last season, he's just been hurt.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
I understand the thought, but I'm not sure we need a TE..we got one last season, he's just been hurt.

We got another Fasano last year. Kelce is primarily a blocking TE. He's not a dynamic pass catcher at all...

RunKC
03-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Dee Ford or stephon tuitt. The moment the pass rush disappeared was the moment this team fell apart.
We can get a quality WR in rd 3

RunKC
03-07-2014, 12:36 PM
We got another Fasano last year. Kelce is primarily a blocking TE. He's not a dynamic pass catcher at all...

This is so incredibly wrong.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
This is so incredibly wrong.

Prove it.

saphojunkie
03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Prove it.

Actually, you made the original statement. The onus is on you to substantiate your statement, as the de facto position is incredulity.

You have no authoritarian, infallible credentials where what you say is Gospel unless empirically proven otherwise by detractors.

In other words...

YOU prove it.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Here let me help you, since I watched him play quite a few times his senior year. Here's what you'll generally find in his scouting reports:

"primarily a blocker, dominates at run blocking"
"ideal size and catch radius but unproven because he only really produced one season"
"not a superb or explosive athlete"

Can he be a good TE? Sure. Is it a high probability? Nope. Better chance he's a 20-catch a year journeyman that ends up being primarily a blocking TE.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Actually, you made the original statement. The onus is on you to substantiate your statement, as the de facto position is incredulity.

You have no authoritarian, infallible credentials where what you say is Gospel unless empirically proven otherwise by detractors.

In other words...

YOU prove it.

Just did, chief.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Travis Kelce is the classic case of "whoa, never heard of him but the Chiefs drafted him so he's gonna be good".

Titty Meat
03-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Chiefs are letting their 2 best linemen go. Think how absurd that is. This team is drafting Martin folks.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Kelce had micro fracture surgery on his knee.

Regardless of his perceived upside if he recovers, it would be somewhat irresponsible for the team to go into next season without a difference maker at such a crucial position.

Having a guy like Amaro running routes and taking attention away from Jamaal and Bowe would really help this offense and even more so if Kelce does return healthy...that would give us the ability to cut Fasano the following year.

Jace Amaro is gonna be a star in this league.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Kelce had micro fracture surgery on his knee.

Regardless of his perceived upside if he recovers, it would be somewhat irresponsible for the team to go into next season without a difference maker at such a crucial position.

Having a guy like Amaro running routes and taking attention away from Jamaal and Bowe would really help this offense and even more so if Kelce does return healthy...that would give us the ability to cut Fasano the following year.

Jace Amaro is gonna be a star in this league.

Because he's a WR in a TE's body. Something Kelce will never be.

Titty Meat
03-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Kelce had microfracture? Yeah he's done find another tight end.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 01:01 PM

Done? Nah, I don't think so.

But can we absolutely count on him to lock down the position? No. IMO, we couldn't do that BEFORE he got hurt.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 01:03 PM
I disagree on Kelces receiving skills.

I think he has a big time upside after watching him in camp ...and I was not a fan of the pick. The guy has a chance to be a damn good tight end if he can overcome this injury both physically and mentally. I don't think he can be Gronkowski good, but I think he could be a guy that's better than guys like Heath Miller (who is pretty good in his own right)

The guy showed the ability to beat coverage on DJ (one of the best coverage backers in the game) quite a bit while I was there and caught everything thrown to him, including some really nice catches. I think his drops in preseason were nothing but jitters.

My concern with him is his trust in his knee that it will hold up to all the shots it's gonna take. Micro fractures play a mental game with the people that get them because players know how problematic they can be if they don't heal perfectly.

This offense with a healthy and confident Kelce going along with a guy like Amaro would be extremely hard to stop. The safeties would need to stay in coverage and under those circumstances, Jamaal Charles could average close to 7 YPC if the line can open some holes.

Oh, and Bowe would rape.

saphojunkie
03-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Just did, chief.

Right on. It was the principle of the thing.

TEX
03-07-2014, 01:06 PM

You got that right - he looked like he was "fighting" to catch anything last preseason. He might have been thinking too much, but still... If anyone on the planet watches Amaro run routes, they will easily see his ability to run circles around Kelce as a pass-catching TE. Absolutely no question about that. Not dogging Kelce, Amaro will make most TE's look that way. He's a WR playing TE. You can see that.

Chief Roundup
That depends on what rounds those other picks come from.

A second to go along with a 5th and 6th would be a big time haul.

Those 4th-7th round picks this year all carry over a full round premium due to the depth of the class.

There are almost 200 players with a 3rd round or higher grade in this class.

Well depends on what you are talking about here really.
If we simply trade back and stay in the first then those picks will all be at the end of their respective rounds.
Or trade back to the top part of the 2cd and then get those picks at the top of the rounds.
I don't know if I want to trade back 10+ places. It will all depend on who is available and how it all works out.

htismaqe
Right on. It was the principle of the thing.

I've done it so many times, I sometimes just assume everybody has read it. My bad totally.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 01:07 PM

He's not done, but I bet anything they take it really slow with him.

Especially with the way the game is played across the middle in today's NFL...defenders are coached to go for the knees and if a helmet hits that thing at the wrong angle with enough pressure, that thing could shatter.

They need to make absolutely sure that its fully healed or else one hit could end his career.

I bet he starts out on pup even though his injury happened early in ps.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 01:08 PM
I disagree on Kelces receiving skills.

I think he has a big time upside after watching him in camp ...and I was not a fan of the pick. The guy has a chance to be a damn good tight end if he can overcome this injury both physically and mentally. I don't think he can be Gronkowski good, but I think he could be a guy that's better than guys like Heath Miller (who is pretty good in his own right)

The guy showed the ability to beat coverage on DJ (one of the best coverage backers in the game) quite a bit while I was there and caught everything thrown to him, including some really nice catches. I think his drops in preseason were nothing but jitters.

My concern with him is his trust in his knee that it will hold up to all the shots it's gonna take. Micro fractures play a mental game with the people that get them because players know how problematic they can be if they don't heal perfectly.

This offense with a healthy and confident Kelce going along with a guy like Amaro would be extremely hard to stop. The safeties would need to stay in coverage and under those circumstances, Jamaal Charles could average close to 7 YPC if the line can open some holes.

Oh, and Bowe would rape.

I don't see it but you saw him and camp and I didn't. I'm going only off of the games I saw him play in college.

Some guys adjust better to the pro game, that is for certain.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Well depends on what you are talking about here really.
If we simply trade back and stay in the first then those picks will all be at the end of their respective rounds.
Or trade back to the top part of the 2cd and then get those picks at the top of the rounds.
I don't know if I want to trade back 10+ places. It will all depend on who is available and how it all works out.

There are more than 10 players on that list that I'd be happy with at 23, that means we can move down AT LEAST 10 spots and still get a difference maker...there are 50 players in this class that currently carry first round grades, adding another second (even if its towards the end of the round) would be like adding another first round pick. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't see it but you saw him and camp and I didn't. I'm going only off of the games I saw him play in college.

Some guys adjust better to the pro game, that is for certain.absolutely. Some guys were used a specific way in college and once they get to the NFL, are better used to exploit their strengths and gifts. I was very excited to see him in this offense.

It was weird because I didn't see him drop a pass in camp, but he dropped everything in ps. That's what makes me think it was just jitters. The talent is there to be a big target with enough speed to get open. He needed some work on not rounding off his breaks, but the guy was sealing the edge like a vet and caught everything.

I think he can be a 60 catch, 700 yards and 7-10 tds per year guy if he can overcome the injury.

saphojunkie
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Kelce might have upside as a receiver, but the truth is we have absolutely NO reason to think that we can rely on him as a starting tight end. Maybe we can, maybe we can't.

A lot of us are on the same page, though, right? We'd prefer to trade back, pick up a second rounder, and hedge our bets with two picks in the top 50, right?

I'd rather have Jordan Mathews and Seferian-Jenkins than just Beckham or Amaro.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Kelce might have upside as a receiver, but the truth is we have absolutely NO reason to think that we can rely on him as a starting tight end. Maybe we can, maybe we can't.

A lot of us are on the same page, though, right? We'd prefer to trade back, pick up a second rounder, and hedge our bets with two picks in the top 50, right?

No question...but Matthews is gonna go a lot sooner than most think.

That guy is gonna be a fucking stud if he goes into the right situation.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
He needed some work on not rounding off his breaks, but the guy was sealing the edge like a vet and caught everything.

Yeah, he's not a polished route runner. SUPER raw in that department - in fact, you'll probably see your exact statement (rounding off his breaks) in his scouting reports.

I think he can be a 60 catch, 700 yards and 7-10 tds per year guy if he can overcome the injury.

See, I see him more in the 35-40 catch range and 4-5 TDs. Dependable, not dynamic.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 01:21 PM

Um yeah. That would be awesome.

ChiTown
03-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Amaro, and it's not even close for me.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Dee Ford or stephon tuitt. The moment the pass rush disappeared was the moment this team fell apart.
We can get a quality WR in rd 3

This.

saphojunkie
03-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Um yeah. That would be awesome.

Look at the OP. That's 14 guys who could all be all sitting on the board. Not one of them, but all of them. If we traded ten spots down, we'd STILL have a tough decision to make.

The problem is that the depth of this draft might prevent other teams from feeling a pressure to move up, though.

God-willing, a QB falls to us or someone falls in love with one player.

Regardless, there is going to be a damn good player that finds his way to #23.

RunKC
03-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Kelce ran a 4.64 and has a good catch radius. Reid is obviously going to use this guy at receiver sometimes. His senior year he proved he could be a good receiver. He's a vertical threat. Hell it's no coincidence that they compared him to Gronk.

I wouldn't use a first on a TE unless Kelce's knee is fucked. We're fairly deep and have a good young capable guy.
I think the D is FAR more pressing, as in a motherfucking pass rusher

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Kelce ran a 4.64 and has a good catch radius. Reid is obviously going to use this guy at receiver sometimes. His senior year he proved he could be a good receiver. He's a vertical threat. Hell it's no coincidence that they compared him to Gronk.

There's more to playing football than running fast. Especially at TE.

Furthermore, we need somebody that can be used as a receiver ALL THE TIME. Kelce isn't a guy that's going to dictate a defensive game plan. In today's NFL, you need guys like that.

And being called a "poor man's Gronk" isn't really all that flattering if you actually think about it.

Aren't you tired of our players being a "poor man's" version of some other teams stars?

We're fairly deep and have a good young capable guy.

We aren't deep at all. Fasano is utterly broken, McGrath is a nice story and that's about it, and that good, young capable guy has yet to see the field and has suffered a very, very serious injury.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 02:38 PM
And yes, this team needs defensive help. If a good pass rushing prospect is there, take him.

But don't just draft some guy because it's potentially a bigger need than TE. That's how you end up with guys like Sylvester Morris and Junior Siavi.

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't use a first on a TE unless Kelce's knee is ****ed. We're fairly deep and have a good young capable guy.
I think the D is FAR more pressing, as in a mother****ing pass rusher

I sure would, if Kelce flops again, and that's distinctly possible with micro fractures... we're stuck with Fasano, McGrath and maybe some retread vet.

As much as Smith likes to utilize TE's, its a must to make sure that position is dynamic IMO.

RunKC
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Idk if I would call Fasano broken. He only missed 4 games in his 7 years before this year.

I would rather see us finally get a real DE, a valuable pass rusher or elite WR and draft a TE later in the draft. This team needs an influx of d talent bad

RunKC
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers
The Boston Globe reports free agent Jermichael Finley is drawing interest from the Jets, Chiefs, Seahawks, Giants, and Steelers.
We're not remotely disputing the report, but it certainly sounds like it came directly from the mouth of Finley's agent. Finley has not been medically cleared to play football after last year's spinal fusion surgery. He does hope to receive clearance by early next week. If Finley gets the green light, he should be seeking one-year, "prove-it" deals. He's still only 27 years old.
Related: Giants, Jets, Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks

Hmmm

Easy 6
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Idk if I would call Fasano broken. He only missed 4 games in his 7 years before this year.

I would rather see us finally get a real DE, a valuable pass rusher or elite WR and draft a TE later in the draft. This team needs an influx of d talent bad

I was actually referring to Kelce' injury, micro fractures are tricky.

As for Fasano, he's not anywhere near dynamic even when healthy (8.1ypc in2012)... and last year wasn't a good omen for him healthwise, either. Even at his best he's JAG.

We need a paradigm shifter at TE and right now there is no one proven able to do that, but if we get one you can bet Smith will utilize that guy relentlessly.

ChiTown
03-07-2014, 02:50 PM

I wouldn't use a first on a TE unless Kelce's knee is ****ed. We're fairly deep and have a good young capable guy.
I think the D is FAR more pressing, as in a mother****ing pass rusher

:spock: - We actually aren't deep at all. Kelce is unproven at the NFL level, Fasano looks broken, and McGrath played okay last year, but come on. We need a difference maker at TE. Amaro has ALL the tools you'd want to be that guy.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 03:41 PM

He was never a great TE before all the injuries.

This team has already invested heavily on the defense. How many more picks are we going to throw away vs. coaching the guys we already have?

If a guy like Dee Ford is there, sure he has to be in consideration. But I'm not taking Hageman or Donald and HOPING they can give you what you need.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I'd take Finley on a 1-year deal.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, he's not a polished route runner. SUPER raw in that department - in fact, you'll probably see your exact statement (rounding off his breaks) in his scouting reports.

See, I see him more in the 35-40 catch range and 4-5 TDs. Dependable, not dynamic.

If we can get that from him next year and he can stay healthy, his future in KC will be bright because he will go into 2015 confident in that knee.

If Ebron is still on the board in the teens, id be calling with a pick from next year to move up.

Maybe even something like this and next years firsts for an earlier first and second this year...that would be sweet.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 04:58 PM
If we can get that from him next year and he can stay healthy, his future in KC will be bright because he will go into 2015 confident in that knee.

If Ebron is still on the board in the teens, id be calling with a pick from next year to move up.

Maybe even something like this and next years firsts for an earlier first and second this year...that would be sweet.

I don't want to trade anything to get Ebron when we could sit tight (or even trade down) and get Amaro or ASJ.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I'd take Finley on a 1-year deal.

No thanks.

This team has had enough broken tight ends.

BossChief
03-07-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't want to trade anything to get Ebron when we could sit tight (or even trade down) and get Amaro or ASJ.

I think Ebron has a chance to be an elite player. His size speed combo mixed with his game is gonna be special.

Plus, next years draft is gonna be light because of all the underclassmen in this class.

A mid second this year > a late first next year.

Chief_For_Life58
03-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Xavier suafilo

RunKC
03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
He was never a great TE before all the injuries.

This team has already invested heavily on the defense. How many more picks are we going to throw away vs. coaching the guys we already have?

If a guy like Dee Ford is there, sure he has to be in consideration. But I'm not taking Hageman or Donald and HOPING they can give you what you need.

Donald is going to be a BAMF. He was a BAMF on tape at Pitt. He was a BAMF at the Senior Bowl. He was a BAMF at the combine.

He's just as much of a sure thing a Jace Amaro. He's a goddamn proven entity.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Donald is going to be a BAMF. He was a BAMF on tape at Pitt. He was a BAMF at the Senior Bowl. He was a BAMF at the combine.

He's just as much of a sure thing a Jace Amaro. He's a goddamn proven entity.

That doesn't really have a position in this defense, or to put it another way - he's somewhat of a tweener and our defensive coordinator hasn't exactly proven to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Chief Roundup
03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Just another thought about the TE position.
If our offense is trying to able to go down field more often then, why invest a 1st round into an intermediate type of playmaker? I understand that a TE will help pull coverage but, we are trying to get Alex to throw down field more often. It seems somewhat counter productive to give him an awesome target in the short to intermediate range while not having a legit deep threat yet expecting more success going down field.

htismaqe
03-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Just another thought about the TE position.
If our offense is trying to able to go down field more often then, why invest a 1st round into an intermediate type of playmaker? I understand that a TE will help pull coverage but, we are trying to get Alex to throw down field more often. It seems somewhat counter productive to give him an awesome target in the short to intermediate range while not having a legit deep threat yet expecting more success going down field.

Expecting Alex to go downfield more is basically choosing the path of most resistance. Not to mention the fact that he showed he can be pretty damn efficient in the right situation. I think you should cater to him, not to try to force him to be something he's not.

O.city
03-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Expecting Alex to go downfield more is basically choosing the path of most resistance. Not to mention the fact that he showed he can be pretty damn efficient in the right situation. I think you should cater to him, not to try to force him to be something he's not.

Knowing how coaches in the NFL are, and the fact Reid pressed him to be more aggressive id say they're trying to get him to be something he's not necessarily comfortable with.

Not that he can't so it, just hasn't.

Same reason I don't think TE will ever be a feature in a Reid offense

Anyong Bluth
03-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Clearly in that scenario we must trade up to get an OT!!

-said no one

OldSchool
03-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Knowing how coaches in the NFL are, and the fact Reid pressed him to be more aggressive id say they're trying to get him to be something he's not necessarily comfortable with.

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2011/06/philadelphia_eagles_and_andy_r.html

When Andy Reid thinks of the tight end position, his mind wanders back to his days in Green Bay as one of Mike Holmgren’s offensive assistants.

As the Packers emerged as a perennial playoff contender and eventual Super Bowl champion, the offense employed a two tight-end set at times that featured two Pro Bowl tight ends, Keith Jackson and Mark Chmura.

In the dozen years Reid has been the Eagles’ head coach, he has tried to duplicate that tight end tandem, most recently with Chad Lewis and L.J. Smith, but has never been able to get it quite right.

If he still has hopes of that double tight formation, along with wide receivers Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson on the outside, there are two options – develop second-year man Clay Harbor, a fourth-round pick in 2009, to be the No. 2 opposite starter Brent Celek, or sign a viable tight end once free agency starts.

Should Reid and the Eagles opt for the second choice, the most likely target is Oakland’s Zach Miller, who caught 60 passes for 685 yards and five touchdowns last season.

Another possibility might be the Giants’ Kevin Boss, who had an impressive 15.2 yards per catch average last season, but had a case of the drops.

Oakland will likely try to keep Miller, but the Eagles have the money and wherewithal to get him if they choose.

In Celek, the Eagles have a Chmura-like player, who needs to get closer to the year he had in 2009, than the one he had last season.

Celek became the first Eagles tight end to have consecutive 100-yard games in 2009 since Pete Retzlaff did it in 1965.

That season, the 6-4, 255-pound Celek caught 76 passes for 971 yards and eight touchdowns.

All three of those statistics were the second best in Eagles’ history.

Last season, Celek’s numbers fell to 42 catches (18th best among tight ends in the league) for 511 yards (22nd best) and four touchdowns.

He did make some plays down the stretch, including a 65-yard touchdown in the comeback win over the Giants, and caught 10 passes in the loss to the Vikings.

I'm pretty sure history proves your thought about the TE position in Reid's offense is wrong. He didn't go out and sign Anthony Fasano, who was regarded as an unspectacular but solid all-around TE, and have Dorsey draft him an athletically gifted TE in the 3rd round for no reason. Reid has been trying to do what the Patriots did with Gronk and Hernandez for a long time. He just never was able to find the personnel required to execute it correctly.

Anyong Bluth
03-07-2014, 06:18 PM

Except I posted an article a couple months ago with quotes from him describing his love for TE- including double TE sets.

Said his favorite offense he ran / schemed were back in his Green Bay days, when he was Tight Ends/Assistant Offensive Line coach when they won the Super Bowl and heavily used both Mark Chmura and Keith Jackson. He devised a lot of the plays that featured the TEs.

Anyong Bluth
03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2011/06/philadelphia_eagles_and_andy_r.html

I'm pretty sure history proves your thought about the TE position in Reid's offense is wrong. He didn't go out and sign Anthony Fasano, who was regarded as an unspectacular but solid all-around TE, and have Dorsey draft him an athletically gifted TE in the 3rd round for no reason. Reid has been trying to do what the Patriots did with Gronk and Hernandez for a long time. He just never was able to find the personnel required to execute it correctly.

How timely- that's the article I posted here a few months ago and was just talking about.