View Full Version : Chiefs Asamoah may be leaving

Road Hog
03-08-2014, 09:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/08/jets-plan-to-make-an-offer-to-jon-asamoah/

Bob Dole
03-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Q

RINGLEADER
03-08-2014, 10:00 AM
I'd say it's a sure thing he's leaving and frankly could care less.

Schwartz, on the other hand...

planetdoc
03-08-2014, 10:02 AM
yup. There are alot of teams who are flush with cash, and the chiefs cant compete in free agency.

While fans may be dissapointed, I hope this will result in lots of comp picks in 2015. I also expect the team to try to get more draft picks to take advantage of this deep draft.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2014, 10:03 AM
i hope they aren't running ZBS

:)

planetdoc
03-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Schwartz, on the other hand...

will be replaced by Rishaw Johnson. next man up.

milkman
03-08-2014, 10:11 AM
I read the the thread title and one thought came to mind.

Duh..............

jspchief
03-08-2014, 10:19 AM
As a 3rd round rookie, his play looked promising. He never really got better than that though, imo.

The middle of the line has been a weak point and I wouldn't campaign to keep any of them.

Chief Roundup
03-08-2014, 10:22 AM
What no picture of Curly Bill. Well Bye...

FloridaMan88
03-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Good riddance Assblowah.

Your false starts, holding calls and blown blocking assignments will not be missed.

hometeam
03-08-2014, 10:44 AM
yup. There are alot of teams who are flush with cash, and the chiefs cant compete in free agency.

While fans may be dissapointed, I hope this will result in lots of comp picks in 2015. I also expect the team to try to get more draft picks to take advantage of this deep draft.

Comp picks suck donkey balls.

That being said, I would like to keep Schwartz. Asamoah? meh.

Bewbies
03-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Fucks given = 0

BossChief
03-08-2014, 11:23 AM
I almost wish they would have let Albert walk last offseason.

A third round comp pick in this draft is worth a lot more than the same comp pick next year.

It's gonna suck getting a bunch of comp picks next draft when the class is gonna be weak due to a lot of underclassmen in this draft.

planetdoc
03-08-2014, 11:28 AM
I almost wish they would have let Albert walk last offseason.

A third round comp pick in this draft is worth a lot more than the same comp pick next year.

I doubt the chiefs would have gotten that because of the free agency moves they made last yr (Chase Daniels, Devito, Fasano, Sean Smith).

In order to maximize comp picks for Albert, Asamoah, Schwartz, the chiefs would have to mainly pick up cut players.

Brock
03-08-2014, 11:30 AM
He should have grown a beard.

BossChief
03-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I doubt the chiefs would have gotten that because of the free agency moves they made last yr (Chase Daniels, Devito, Fasano, Sean Smith).

In order to maximize comp picks for Albert, Asamoah, Schwartz, the chiefs would have to mainly pick up cut players.

For the first time ever, good point.

TEX
03-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Comp picks suck donkey balls.

That being said, I would like to keep Schwartz. Asamoah? meh.

This.

TEX
03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Good riddance Assblowah.

Your false starts, holding calls and blown blocking assignments will not be missed.

:clap:

TRR
03-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Ah Free Agency at Chiefsplanet...Where everyone KC loses blows anyways, and everyone we bring in is fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88
03-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Ah Free Agency at Chiefsplanet...Where everyone KC loses blows anyways, and everyone we bring in is fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you attempting to make an argument that Assblowah isn't terrible?

Easy 6
03-08-2014, 01:51 PM
In spite of his size he's a finesse player, so... well, bye.

-King-
03-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Damn. I'd rather keep him over Schwartz to be honest.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
03-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Let em leave. Not that Asamoah was horrible, but our focus NEEDS to be on Schwartz.

In58men
03-08-2014, 02:14 PM
@autumnsjs90: @ArrowheadPride Tyson isn't going no were the chiefs will sign him back

CoMoChief
03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Would like to keep Schwartz. But he's getting married he wants some major $$$ if he can get it being he's prob the best Guard on the market.

Asamoah can eat shit that guy sucks...had an awful last season in what was supposed to be his "breakout" year.

Unless they found a gem in Watkins or Johnson based on what they saw in them in that SD game late in the season...that's really going out on a limb though. Guard is going to be something we need to look at hard.

Maybe slide Hudson back over to his college position and make him gain 15-20 lbs. and put Kush in the center spot...either way we need depth on the Oline...including tackle now that Albert will most likely be a Cardinal once FA starts. Really could have used a 2nd round pick this year.

KCrockaholic
03-08-2014, 02:18 PM
@autumnsjs90: @ArrowheadPride Tyson isn't going no were the chiefs will sign him back

He also says we should sign Davin Joseph then draft a OG in the mid rounds.

Weird how Shaun became such a big Chiefs fan after just a couple years in KC.

CoMoChief
03-08-2014, 02:28 PM

He doesn't know shit, this is a completely new coaching staff and front office than the one he played for.

Weren't there reports of Catapano getting bigger like around 290ish so he could play end? Would that be just nickel/dime pkgs or was that pretty much the writing on the wall for TJ?

I really wish there was a way for us to land Lamar Houston.

KCrockaholic
03-08-2014, 02:37 PM
I'd rather see Allen Bailey and Catapano get more PT then re-signing Jackson.

ThaVirus
03-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, actually.

In58men
03-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Weird how Shaun became such a big Chiefs fan after just a couple years in KC.

@autumnsjs90: @MattConnerSBN @ArrowheadPride the grass isn't greener on the other side I learned the hard way Don't leave for an extra couple dollars

KCrockaholic
03-08-2014, 03:03 PM
@autumnsjs90: @MattConnerSBN @ArrowheadPride the grass isn't greener on the other side I learned the hard way Don't leave for an extra couple dollars

The dude admits it. When he went to Tennessee he was a nobody.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2014, 05:50 PM
I'd rather see Allen Bailey and Catapano get more PT then re-signing Jackson.
Jackson is better than both right now

Mr. Laz
03-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Hard to tell about Asamoah, the entire Oline sucked in the man scheme.

when we went back to ZBS they started playing better

Which scheme are we playing next year? Do our Olineman only fit one scheme or was it something else(coaching,transition phase etc)

Will Asamoah be better if we stay in ZBS?

He was still pretty soft for a big guy though.

Anyong Bluth
03-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Always looked the part. Never was actually able to play it, sadly.

booger
03-08-2014, 06:46 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/08/jets-plan-to-make-an-offer-to-jon-asamoah/

looks like the jets will go after Asamoah

milkman
03-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Hard to tell about Asamoah, the entire Oline sucked in the man scheme.

when we went back to ZBS they started playing better

Which scheme are we playing next year? Do our Olineman only fit one scheme or was it something else(coaching,transition phase etc)

Will Asamoah be better if we stay in ZBS?

He was still pretty soft for a big guy though.

None of these guys were drafted for their power.
They were all drafted for their ability to move in space.

booger
03-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Jon Asamoah - G - Chiefs
The National Football Post reports the Falcons have a "extremely high degree of interest" in free agent G Jon Asamoah.
Source: National Football Post

per rotoworld

kcchiefsus
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Alex Smith is going to get killed next year.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2014, 09:30 PM

Let's not act like 2013 OL was good. Alex was sacked 39 times.

Messier
03-08-2014, 09:33 PM

I'd wait until the offseason actually happens.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2014, 09:36 PM

He's mobile. It sucked this year.

milkman
03-08-2014, 09:43 PM

And he was sacked 24 times in 9 games in 2012, and 44 times the year before.

So don't act like it's all on this O-Line.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Mitch will just have to dig deeper in to his bag of nicknames for his replacement.

RealSNR
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-XF941_0425ch_G_20130425203405.jpg

Saccopoo
03-09-2014, 02:58 AM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-XF941_0425ch_G_20130425203405.jpg

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 03:01 AM

Exactly, and he escaped about 20-30 more sacks on the season, lol.

Messier
03-09-2014, 07:01 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Fisher=bust! /CP real fans

RealSNR
03-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Fisher=bust! /CP real fans

Uh, yeah. That's what I was saying. Duh.

chiefzilla1501
03-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Jon Asamoah - G - Chiefs
The National Football Post reports the Falcons have a "extremely high degree of interest" in free agent G Jon Asamoah.

per rotoworld

Pioli is interested in Asamoah? You don't say.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Pioli is interested in Asamoah? You don't say.

I remember as a kid watching a gorilla at the KC zoo leave a dump and then turn around and start eating eating his dump.

Gorilla=Pioli

Rausch
03-09-2014, 08:59 AM
As a 3rd round rookie, his play looked promising. He never really got better than that though, imo.

The middle of the line has been a weak point and I wouldn't campaign to keep any of them.

When he was playing next to the The Flaming Lisp he was a brutal run blocker. It seemed like 4 or 5 times a game the right side of the line was 5 yards down field in front of Charles.

Last year Big John looked good in the first 3 weeks and average until about the midway point. After that he was getting pushed around.

You'd think after his performance last year he wouldn't command much and could be retained as solid depth...

TEX
03-09-2014, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=booger;10474572]Jon Asamoah - G - Chiefs

Not at all surprised. ATL is just lucky that Matt Cassel resigned with Minn...

Rausch
03-09-2014, 09:18 AM
And he was sacked 24 times in 9 games in 2012, and 44 times the year before.

So don't act like it's all on this O-Line.

Alex has ALWAYS held the ball too long. Green did the same thing.

It's always amazed me the number of hits/sacks Smith takes and almost never turns the ball over.

Naturally, one of the few times he did was the playoff game...:(

Lightrise
03-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Jon Asamoah - G - Chiefs

per rotoworld

Well that's Pioli. Asamoah has never been good. He isn't even adequate when compared to lines elsewhere in the league. I don't even like Hudson or Allen either. Swartz is really the must guy here.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Well that's Pioli. Asamoah has never been good. He isn't even adequate when compared to lines elsewhere in the league. I don't even like Hudson or Allen either. Swartz is really the must guy here.

BINGO !!!:clap:

-King-
03-09-2014, 10:07 AM

He gave up only 2 sacks in 2012 and was better that year than Schwartz has ever been in his career. That's why if we're going to play the same scheme we played the last half of 2013, I'd rather have Asomoah.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
03-09-2014, 10:16 AM
He gave up only 2 sacks in 2012 and was better that year than Schwartz has ever been in his career. That's why if we're going to play the same scheme we played the last half of 2013, I'd rather have Asomoah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.

Plus he's younger and homegrown.

Bowser
03-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

What the hell for? Schwartz was a clear upgrade over Asamoah.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Yep ! Agree thoroughly !!

"King" ! you need better football eyes !!

ThaVirus
03-09-2014, 10:22 AM
They've been saying Asamoah was injured and that's part of why he got benched for Schwartz.

Another problem: Asamoah only played when we were running the power blocking scheme. Once we switched to ZBS, Schwartz took over. I'm betting Asamoah would have looked much better had we stuck with him in the lineup.

-King-
03-09-2014, 10:22 AM

I'm guessing its moreso because we changed schemes and not because Schwartz is better than Asamoah. There's a reason Schwartz has started only 26 games in 6 years and why last year was only his 2nd year starting more than 3 games.

Asomoah has shown he can play at a high level in the scheme that we ran the last half of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
03-09-2014, 10:24 AM
The power blocking scheme blew dicks, man. Jamaal was struggling to average 4.5 YPC while we were running that horse shit.

When we switched to ZBS, he legitimately average over 6 YPC.

-King-
03-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Yep ! Agree thoroughly !!

"King" ! you need better football eyes !!

So you think its a coincidence that Schwartz has only started 26 games on his career? Many of those being because of injury to the starter?

No it's cause he's not nearly as good as people on CP think he is. He is pretty much average at best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lightrise
03-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

it wasn't the sacks but the constant pressure in the middle of the line and it has been impossible to run up the middle. That pressure stopped when Swartz took over. You just can't throw effectively without shutting down the middle of the line. That is why Manning and Brady have been effective for years, Brees too. Smith will we fantastic if we do the same, and then Nile Davis really makes a difference. Center and 2 guards get us to the next level.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 10:30 AM
it wasn't the sacks but the constant pressure in the middle of the line and it has been impossible to run up the middle. That pressure stopped when Swartz took over. You just can't throw effectively without shutting down the middle of the line. That is why Manning and Brady have been effective for years, Brees too. Smith will we fantastic if we do the same, and then Nile Davis really makes a difference. Center and 2 guards get us to the next level.

and why you have 'football eyes' and why King's dawn has not risen yet to see the 'real football light' as of yet:p

Bowser
03-09-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm guessing its moreso because we changed schemes and not because Schwartz is better than Asamoah. There's a reason Schwartz has started only 26 games in 6 years and why last year was only his 2nd year starting more than 3 games.

Asomoah has shown he can play at a high level in the scheme that we ran the last half of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

But why go back to the less effective scheme with a player that isn't suited for it? That makes no sense. And I'm not going to dock Schwartz points due to his past history, especially since he didn't seem to break down for us during his time out there.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 10:32 AM
The power blocking scheme blew dicks, man. Jamaal was struggling to average 4.5 YPC while we were running that horse shit.

That's what I saw !!:clap:

Chief Roundup
03-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Posted via Mobile Device
You mean the scheme that he didn't play in because he was benched for Schwartz.
Asamoah vs Schwartz comes down to choice of scheme.

-King-
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
But why go back to the less effective scheme with a player that isn't suited for it? That makes no sense. And I'm not going to dock Schwartz points due to his past history, especially since he d. n't seem to break down for us during his time out there.

What? ZBS was far more effective than PBS and Asomoah is perfectly suited for it. That's why he had such good first 2 years. He only struggled when we tried to run the PBS. which everyone struggled in including Albert
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
You mean the scheme that he didn't play in because he was benched for Schwartz.
Asamoah vs Schwartz comes down to choice of scheme.

We ran ZBS in 2011 and 2012.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-09-2014, 10:46 AM

The pressure stopped once we switched systems. I mean we have up 13 less sacks after the bye than before. You think it was all Schwartz?

No it was cause of schemes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
03-09-2014, 10:48 AM
All I know is that the offense performed better when Schwartz was in and Asamoah was out, and Asamoah couldn't knock Schwartz out of the lineup even after he was healed up.

Asamoah wasn't dogshit, but he isn't some integral piece of the line, either.

ThaVirus
03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
All I know is that the offense performed better when Schwartz was in and Asamoah was out, and Asamoah couldn't knock Schwartz out of the lineup even after he was healed up.

I think there were other circumstances that added to the situation as well, though.

We played some seriously inferior defenses after the bye week when Schwartz started. Broncos x2, Chargers, Redskins, Raiders and Colts x2.

If it's true that Asamoah was injured, I think with him being healthy and in the ZBS from the start, our offensive line probably looks worlds better and the switch is never made..

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 11:15 AM

I think that the most encouraging thing is that Reid was willing and able to change it up in order to make the scheme fit the strength of his personnel after he saw that what he had planned wasn't working.

BossChief
03-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Link on when we switched back to ZBS?

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 12:25 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Chiefshrink
03-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I think that the most encouraging thing is that Reid was willing and able to change it up in order to make the scheme fit the strength of his personnel after he saw that what he had planned wasn't working.

:clap:

Now if Reid could manage the clock better and not have called a TO late in the SD game:mad: Not that this has anything to do with the convo here:p

RealSNR
03-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Whatever it takes to not draft a guard in the 1st-3rd rounds.

Re-sign Schwartz. Re-sign Asamoah. Sign a dude off the street. I don't care. Just make it happen.

ThaVirus
03-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Link on when we switched back to ZBS?

I'm on my phone but htismaqe said we'll be switching back to ZBS next season.

I remember seeing plays run with that blocking scheme last season as early as the first Broncos game.

Dunerdr
03-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Re-sign Schwartz. Re-sign Asamoah. Sign a dude off the street. I don't care. Just make it happen.

This for the love of god draft to kill

salame
03-09-2014, 02:06 PM
he sucks
who cares

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-09-2014, 03:46 PM

looks like the jets will go after Asamoah

According to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, the Jets intend to "lessen the load" on Geno Smith in his second NFL season, and hope to keep Smith "under 20 passes per game."

Pauline is mostly a draft guru, but gets a fair number of NFL team scoops. He says the Jets plan to re-implement "a more run oriented offense in 2014 in an attempt to exploit their strengths." They obviously don't consider Geno a strength. The Jets played this style of offense for years with Mark Sanchez at the helm, and qualified for two AFC Championship games. They'll attempt to "hide" their quarterback with a strong defense and higher-volume rushing attack. Source:

TFY Draft Insider Mar 9 - 4:53 PM

Mugsy
03-09-2014, 04:16 PM
We were lucky to have all that o-line depth last year. That's going to be hard to get back. I hate losing any of these o-linemen.

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 05:08 PM

It's all but guaranteed that we will be drafting OL in either the 1st or 3rd rounds. As it stands, OL is probably one of our top 2 weakest position groups right now. Keep in mind, this is before any potential FA signings. And even then, I don't think they will be happy going forward without bringing in legitimate starting caliber competition for our OTs and OGs. The only way you will find that kind of competition without overpaying is to draft it. That'll only happen in the 1st 3 rounds this year. Bet on it.

bevischief
03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Come on down... another 300 pound lineman...

Mr. Laz
03-09-2014, 05:21 PM
It's all but guaranteed that we will be drafting OL in either the 1st or 3rd rounds.

if they don't will you drink a quart of antifreeze?

OldSchool
03-09-2014, 05:49 PM
if they don't will you drink a quart of antifreeze?

They will, lol. LMAO I don't think they will go into next season, knowing the type of defenses we will be facing, without drafting some really good OL talent to compete with our current bunch. This fact will not be affected by any outside FA signings unless we get a true bargain on someone like Davin Joseph; but then again, he was pretty bad in 2013 after coming back from his injury as well. Plus the fact that Reid said he was OK with our WR core as it is and the fact that the coaches and FO seem high on Jenkins; leads me to think that they don't think our WR situation is as bad as the fans think it is. They'll definitely draft one, just not sure that they would take a WR over the OL player if they have both ranked at an equally high level in the 1st.

If it came down to Zach Martin vs Benjamin/Cooks/Beckham in the 1st, I'm not certain that they wouldn't just draft Martin as everyone in our FO and coaching staff seems to believe in building from the trenches. And, as of right now, we are far from secure in the trenches.

If they thought as highly of Rishaw Johnson, Rokevious Watkins, and Eric Kush last year as some of us think of them, I have a feeling that they would have been given a real shot at winning a job last year with the new regime and we would also be ok with letting Schwartz and Asamoah go.

Too many question marks along the OL at this point. Certainly more than at our WR position. Plus, you can find legitimate rookie starters in the slot as deep as the 4th-5th rounds. You won't be able to find an upgrade on the OL that deep this year.

Simply Red
03-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm going to have to Q you up here.