PDA

View Full Version : Life Help the Homeless

Imon Yourside
03-08-2014, 08:15 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LSewCBL4_GQ?feature=player_profilepage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or ????

Canofbier
03-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Why does this ugly bastard care about what that dude is doing?

Although his situation doesn't appear to be the "expected" scenario for a beggar, we know literally nothing about him. Here's one of many plausible scenarios for his actions:

He's been battling mental illness and drug addiction for a while. One of his family members or friends offers to put him up and let him use their car so he can focus on therapy and job-seeking. He's ashamed of the fact that he can't find a job (or maybe he's afraid to go to therapy), so he takes the car to a different part of the city and resumes what he's used to doing - begging for money.

I'm not suggesting that it's exactly what's happening (and he could legitimately be the owner of that home/car), but this YouTube psuedo-celebrity is waaaaaay overstepping his rights to stalk him down and expose him. JMO

Imon Yourside
03-08-2014, 08:35 PM

Although his situation doesn't appear to be the "expected" scenario for a beggar, we know literally nothing about him. Here's one of many plausible scenarios for his actions:

He's been battling mental illness and drug addiction for a while. One of his family members or friends offers to put him up and let him use their car so he can focus on therapy and job-seeking. He's ashamed of the fact that he can't find a job (or maybe he's afraid to go to therapy), so he takes the car to a different part of the city and resumes what he's used to doing - begging for money.

I'm not suggesting that it's exactly what's happening (and he could legitimately be the owner of that home/car), but this YouTube psuedo-celebrity is waaaaaay overstepping his rights to stalk him down and expose him. JMO

Interesting take, I don't care just another reason to not help the homeless i guess.

Dayze
03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
The guy is also lucky he didn't get the shit beat out of him.

Imon Yourside
03-08-2014, 08:42 PM

That probably wouldn't have happened with all of his friends there, now he could have been shot though.

Dayze
03-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Yup.

Doing that crap is just asking for bad shit to happen

TLO
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
The "fake" homeless guy is a scumbag.

Yet I find myself disliking the guy who made the video more than the dude faking being homeless.

Imon Yourside
03-08-2014, 09:59 PM

Yet I find myself disliking the guy who made the video more than the dude faking being homeless.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s9E4595b8K8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kysirsoze
03-08-2014, 10:09 PM

First of all, he didn't expose him. I don't know who the guy is. That said, this guy fucking deserves to be exposed. He even admitted in the video that the house was his.

a pp roach
03-08-2014, 10:14 PM
i'm out off I-70 right now begging for change

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk 39

cosmo20002
03-08-2014, 10:15 PM

This.

houstonwhodat
03-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Typical.

That's why I never give them shit.

WhiteWhale
03-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Some panhandlers in Canada make 60K a year.

They keep dirty ass clothes they put on just to look homeless.

I care about the homeless and about poverty, but I simply won't give anything to pan handlers.

GloryDayz
03-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Typical.

That's why I never give them shit.

This... I figure with the motherfucker Obama (that greasy cunt-haired piece of sloth shit!!) in office, there's no need to give "to a gat-dam thang" to anybody!!!

Fuck um all, Barack will save them with health care, foot stamps, free abortions (considered health care I guess), and home loans.

Rasputin
03-08-2014, 10:38 PM
i'm out off I-70 right now begging for change

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk 39

A sign that says "Will work for Food" written in crayon on cardboard works pretty good. Having a growtesk beard & not bath really helps also because they will give you money & not expect you to work so you get out of the work part.

WhiteWhale
03-08-2014, 10:39 PM

Why?

This is not that uncommon and people need to know about it. A lot of pan handlers are playing you for a mark.

Once upon a time there used to be people on TV who exposed stuff like this, as well as corporate and political corruption. Now they talk about Justin Beiber.

mikey23545
03-08-2014, 10:41 PM

This.

LOLWUT

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

cosmo20002
03-08-2014, 10:44 PM
This... I figure with the mother****er Obama (that greasy ****-haired piece of sloth shit!!) in office, there's no need to give "to a gat-dam thang" to anybody!!!

**** um all, Barack will save them with health care, foot stamps, free abortions (considered health care I guess), and home loans.

Things were awesome before Barack. You know, before things like helping poor people existed.

The foot stamps, though--I do agree with you on that.

WhiteWhale
03-08-2014, 10:44 PM
That probably wouldn't have happened with all of his friends there, now he could have been shot though.

You guys watch too many movies.

WhiteWhale
03-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Things were awesome before Barack. You know, before things like helping poor people existed.

Putting an end to foot stamp abuse is the #1 priority of this country.

The feet, the grass, and the sidewalks have had enough.

cosmo20002
03-08-2014, 10:52 PM
LOLWUT

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

The video guy just seems like a d-bag. Both of them are a waste.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was set up. It all seemed a bit phony to me. Why was the 'homeless' guy blurred out? He was in public, being filmed in public. There was no reason to blur him.

GloryDayz
03-08-2014, 10:55 PM

I think it's how they make the wine these fucking assholes use their food stamps to procure. Either way, they're doing just fine, they hardly need a hand-out.

cosmo20002
03-08-2014, 10:55 PM

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was set up. It all seemed a bit phony to me. Why was the 'homeless' guy blurred out? He was in public, being filmed in public. There was no reason to blur him.

Wikipedia:
Several of Vale's pranks are what he calls "Pooter" pranks. These involve Vale walking around in public making flatulence sounds, using a handheld device[3] and capturing the reactions of the people nearby on a hidden camcorder.

OMG! Hilarious! :drool:

GloryDayz
03-08-2014, 10:56 PM

I think you set it up... Prolly!

Imon Yourside
03-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Wikipedia:
Several of Vale's pranks are what he calls "Pooter" pranks. These involve Vale walking around in public making flatulence sounds, using a handheld device[3] and capturing the reactions of the people nearby on a hidden camcorder.

OMG! Hilarious! :drool:

Super Sleuth? wow you're really on top of this. If you visit his youtube channel you could find this info...Really? WIki? haha Thanks for outing him, I'll inform Scotland Yard of your presence. LMAO

He does a lot of pranks with the Look at that guy, Edbassmaster.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rk-5c0-8E8k?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Passepartout
03-08-2014, 11:00 PM
I don't know whether a person is homeless or not. Due to the fact of seeing that. Or when they are homeless for real, whether to give them money or to give them just something like Burger King because I am afraid to give them something for fear of having them spend it on drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes.

GloryDayz
03-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I don't know whether a person is homeless or not. Due to the fact of seeing that. Or when they are homeless for real, whether to give them money or to give them just something like Burger King because I am afraid to give them something for fear of having them spend it on drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes.

LOL, this long into Obama's administration nobody wants for anything, keep your money.

bevischief
03-08-2014, 11:24 PM
pooptaco

T-post Tom
03-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Homeless in Kansas City:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mN14nLuvVqk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cannibal
03-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Killer.

Thought you were a big time Christian.

A majority of the homeless are mentally ill.

Baby Lee
03-09-2014, 07:38 AM
This... I figure with the motherfucker Obama (that greasy cunt-haired piece of sloth shit!!) in office, there's no need to give "to a gat-dam thang" to anybody!!!

Fuck um all, Barack will save them with health care, foot stamps, free abortions (considered health care I guess), and home loans.

I LOLed

kysirsoze
03-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Meh. If someone is homeless and wants to use the money I give them to buy booze, I don't give a shit. So many homeless are extremely mentally ill and unable to obtain treatment. Of course they want something that can take the edge off. They're self-medicating. It's not ideal, but if it brings them a little peace or comfort, who am I to judge? Giving them a dollar doesn't give me the right to dictate their choices.

That said, stuff like this is a real shame because it discourages people from helping others. You can usually tell the pros if you're paying attention.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-09-2014, 07:46 AM
If he was more organized he would have snapped a picture of him & sold it to other fake homeless. So they knew he was known giver and would make sure they could be along his path. Thanks big charity

TribalElder
03-09-2014, 07:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/stWHgGl.jpg

Baby Lee
03-09-2014, 08:03 AM
The intersection at The Westbound onramp at Kingshighway and 40/64 has had the same 'homeless' couple traipsing it for going on 3 years.

TLO
03-09-2014, 08:08 AM

That's what came to my mind too. Why blur out his face?

TLO
03-09-2014, 08:35 AM

http://ea-cdn.voxmedia.com/production/sbnation-gif-tournament-2014/images/gifs/east_16-7d4f9fd2.gif

Imon Yourside
03-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Killer.

Thought you were a big time Christian.

A majority of the homeless are mentally ill.

I'm sure they are, i sleep fine.

Kaepernick
03-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Many panhandlers are lazy con men scamming big hearted people. They are not homeless or destitute. Youtube is a awash with examples of these con man panhandlers. It is common.

http://provomayor.com/2013/10/17/are-panhandlers-homeless/

Recent undercover activity by the police department has confirmed that as a general rule our panhandlers are not homeless. They often work in organized rings and typically don’t utilize available community resources that would give them food and shelter. When food was given to panhandlers it was discarded and left as trash.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130716/NEWS06/307160129/Panhandling-in-West-Michigan-Report-finds-many-are-not-homeless

Even when you give cash to the homeless you just feed their drug addictions for the most part. They would rather give up food than give up drugs and alcohol.

The experience of numerous professionals and service agencies finds that money given to panhandlers often only enables self-destructive behaviors like alcoholism and drug addiction. One former panhandler and addict has even stated, "Giving money to a panhandler is like giving a gun to someone who is suicidal."

http://www.downtownmemphiscommission.com/say-no-to-panhandling.html

This rescue mission recognizes the detriment of giving cash to panhandlers.

http://www.hollandrescue.org/realchange/the-truth-about-panhandling

If you want to help destitute people, contribute to a good charity. Never give them cash if panhandling. It does not help them.

http://evasvillage.org/wordpress/cost-panhandling-poor-homeless/

According to the U.S. Department of Justice however, most panhandlers have places to live, and most homeless people do not panhandle5.

But what about a truly needy panhandler? “Every study around says that cash handouts don’t help, says Linda Kaufman, former executive director of Pathways to Housing7, an organization that helps the homeless find affordable housing. “The top uses [for cash],” she says, “are always alcohol, tobacco and drugs.”11

The Denver statistic of a yearly panhandling cash flow of $4.6 million,and formal studies and anecdotal evidence that effective panhandling can bring in up to $100 per day, most going to professional panhandlers and the rest doing very little good for the truly needy, is both sobering and discouraging

How Can You Truly Help the Poor and Homeless?

1. Stop giving to panhandlers and start giving to trusted charity organizations instead10.

I give to food banks and organizations that feed and house the homeless. I never give cash handouts to panhandlers. When you give cash handouts on the street, either you are being conned by a lazy scammer or you are feeding a sick person's addiction.

Bob Dole
03-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Bob Dole has been toying with the idea of making a sign that says "Lazy" and camping at an intersection.

houstonwhodat
03-09-2014, 02:09 PM
There are homeless people and there are street people.

There is a difference.

Homeless people are down on their luck for whatever reason and they need a good job or maybe a helping hand.

Street people want to live on the street.

GloryDayz
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
After Carter, Clinton, and Obama, there are no more homeless people who don't choose it. If times get really tough, jimmy shows up, hammer in hand, and you have a house a day later.

Jimmy, Bill, and the asshole motherfucking drip of bloody/used anal lube who's jacking up the white house now have it covered, no need to help people who have those three watching out for them.

cosmo20002
03-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Super Sleuth? wow you're really on top of this. If you visit his youtube channel you could find this info...Really? WIki? haha Thanks for outing him, I'll inform Scotland Yard of your presence. LMAO

He does a lot of pranks with the Look at that guy, Edbassmaster.

Easy, big fella...I wasn't trying to crack a case or "out" him. There lots of guys on youtube like this. I was just curious about him so I looked him up. I found that entry on him humorous and it matched with my d-bag description. Continue enjoying the "Pooter" pranks...

cosmo20002
03-09-2014, 02:34 PM
After Carter, Clinton, and Obama, there are no more homeless people who don't choose it. If times get really tough, jimmy shows up, hammer in hand, and you have a house a day later.

Jimmy, Bill, and the asshole mother****ing drip of bloody/used anal lube who's jacking up the white house now have it covered, no need to help people who have those three watching out for them.

Take this bizarre take to DC and don't sully this Killer thread with such lunacy.

cosmo20002
03-09-2014, 02:37 PM
That's what came to my mind too. Why blur out his face?

Don't know. Usually it's for legal reasons, but if this was filmed while he was in public, and most of it was not even done secretly since they were right in front of his face, I'm not sure what liability there could possibly be. Maybe he's just being overcautious, but it just makes it look fishy.

GloryDayz
03-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Take this bizarre take to DC and don't sully this Killer thread with such lunacy.

First, hey, fuck off...

Second, Lunacy??!! Do tell.... Come on "mouth of the Dems", tell me how those guys didn't run on those principles and force them down our throats... Those fuckers have been the "hope" of every lazy fucker who was shot from between some mother's legs for the last 30+ years. They fancy themselves the modern day Robin Hoods, so now they need to live up to it..

I stand by my words, there's no need to donate to any charity anymore, it's currently achieved through taxation. So invest the money you used to give to charity, save your money for a vacation, save more to help put your kid through college, buy a boat, spend it on yourself, the three amigos have the poor covered just fine these days.

But if you must, make sure it's a small one where you have some tangible level of control over where the loot gets spent. But some large, faceless, "corporate" charity isn't much better than giving your money to Obama - who will just put it into the hands of somebody who will probably waste it.

And instead of cash, perhaps donate some time doing something for some people who actually deserve some help like a veteran's organization.

Let the inner-city "folks" hire more community organizers to help them decide how to spend the endless cash flow they get from the three amigos.