PDA

View Full Version : Football BJ Raji?

TribalElder
03-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Report: B.J. Raji “gauging value” on market

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 8, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT

After reportedly receiving one- and two-year contract offers from the Packers, you couldn’t blame defensive lineman B.J. Raji if he wanted to check his options elsewhere.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, that’s exactly what Raji is doing. Raji intends to see what other teams might be willing to offer, Rapoport reported Saturday.

The question now is whether the 27-year-old Raji can garner a more enticing deal from another club. For Raji, compensation and how he will be utilized in a defensive scheme figure to be factors in his decision-making process. The latter point could be especially important relative to his playing future and his future earning power, especially if he garners just a short-term deal now. If Raji takes a one-year deal, he must be confident he will be utilized in a manner that best suits his skills.

It will be interesting to see if any teams gamble on Raji recapturing his best form. Three seasons ago, he notched 6.5 sacks for a Super Bowl-winning team. Moreover, he was a first-round pick just five years ago. Perhaps there’s a team that rolls the dice and comes up a winner, a la Denver with defensive tackle Terrance Knighton last March.

:shrug:

-King-
03-09-2014, 06:56 AM
No thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2014, 07:00 AM
If we can get the Dorsey discount double-check...yes.

TribalElder
03-09-2014, 07:04 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1800030_o.gif

Rasputin
03-09-2014, 07:21 AM
I would like to see Powe get an opportunity to play more in relief for Poe. I think Powe can be a beast if he gets time to play & that would help Poe with fresh legs in the fourth quarter when he is needed most.

TribalElder
03-09-2014, 07:24 AM
I always liked powe and never understood why it was a coin flip to see if he would be on the team week to week

Eleazar
03-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Certainly he would be a nice addition, but I think the money is better spent elsewhere.

Simply Red
03-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Certainly he would be a nice addition, but I think the money is better spent elsewhere.

yes.

Buehler445
03-09-2014, 07:59 AM

This. If he comes cheap there is probably a reason why

BlackHelicopters
03-09-2014, 08:22 AM
One year deal? Yes.

Mugsy
03-10-2014, 09:15 AM
I think we'd be better off just re-signing Jackson. He's a better player at this point imo and they would probably cost about the same amount of money.

I like Powe and want him to succeed but he has a learning disability. I think that's the reason is back and fourth on the roster. They are probably limited in what they can ask him to do and making adjustments might not be easy for him. maybe he can make the roster with another offseason in Sutton's offense?

planetdoc
03-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Raji wasnt really good playing positions other than NT. He wouldnt be a replacement for Jackson.

If anything, he would either be depth, or an opportunity to move Poe to DE.

saphojunkie
03-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Raji would play the nose tackle, and Poe would slide over to replace Jackson.

I say absolutely.

planetdoc
03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
If Poe is playing DE, than I would rather have Devito play the strong side and Poe at RDE since Poe has a little more quickness and pass rush ability.

saphojunkie
03-10-2014, 11:01 AM
If Poe is playing DE, than I would rather have Devito play the strong side and Poe at RDE since Poe has a little more quickness and pass rush ability.

Good point.

Mugsy
03-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Raji would play the nose tackle, and Poe would slide over to replace Jackson.

I say absolutely.

I know Poe played DE at Memphis but, I'm thinking if it's not broken then don't fix it. He was a stud at NT last year.

griZZly64
03-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I always liked powe and never understood why it was a coin flip to see if he would be on the team week to week

Maybe it was to give him a kick in the ass. I'm not saying that's my belief, but it could be an effective strategy. A lot of posters here see something in him with his size and strength. The front office may also and decided he wasn't meeting expectations.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I would like to see Powe get an opportunity to play more in relief for Poe. I think Powe can be a beast if he gets time to play & that would help Poe with fresh legs in the fourth quarter when he is needed most.

Some one says this every time. He must really underwhelm in practice.

thabear04
03-10-2014, 08:34 PM
If BJ Raji sign with us we can see his dance

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S19AbZMXPNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
03-10-2014, 08:38 PM
I said this the other day but it's time for everybody to come to terms with the fact that Powe isn't what we had hoped he would be.

He's a big guy that isn't a very good football player. They'd find a way to get him on the field more if he could produce.