PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Allen Possibly to the Donks

Sfeihc
03-10-2014, 08:29 PM
From the bad to worse department....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>He’s interested RT <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo">@MikeGarafolo</a>: Said in a taped segment to air on <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSportsLive">@FOXSportsLive</a>: Broncos going to make a strong push for DE Jared Allen</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/443211153498324993">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry for the crappy link. I don't know how to embed tweets on CP.

TimBone
03-10-2014, 08:31 PM
This is not favorable.

thabear04
Didn't they wanted him before we were trying to trade him? I hope they dont sign him.

Rausch
My intense hatred for this is why I know it will happen...

htismaqe
03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Good for them. He's not what he used to be.

Red Dawg
03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Won't make Manning younger nor a playoff non choker and it won't make the brutal schedule easier. The Donks are not going to get a ring with Manning. Last season was their chance and be blew it. Allen will not help.

Buzz
03-10-2014, 08:33 PM
How old is Jared now, I thought he lost a step or two last year.

Fritz88
No.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
That's Qwacktastic

booger
03-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I hope you get raped by a pony jared

thabear04
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
How old is Jared now, I thought he lost a step or two last year.

he 31 going to be 32 in April.

Chiefs=Champions
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Will make them even easier to run on.

TribalElder
03-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Have to spray paint it orange and put arrows in his jersey

Eleazar
03-10-2014, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't even want us to sign him. He's over the hill.

planetdoc
03-10-2014, 08:45 PM
he dissapears for long stretches, and tends to get his sacks against bad offensive lines.

Deberg_1990
03-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Broken dick

Bewbies
03-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Hope his contract equals Paidaton.

Rausch
03-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Broken dick

Is every old player a broke dick?...

Aries Walker
03-10-2014, 08:54 PM
His contract will cost them a fortune. Bring him on.

I'd be more worried about Scott Fujita.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
The Raiders got Randy Moss too

Dayze
03-10-2014, 09:26 PM
My intense hatred for this is why I know it will happen...

LMAO

exactly. I'm fully prepared for it

RealSNR
03-10-2014, 09:28 PM
That team pays Manning a truckload, and they continue to remain halfway active in free agency every year.

Why the fuck isn't that team fucking broke yet? Good Christ. I call cheating.

GoChargers
03-10-2014, 09:29 PM
That team pays Manning a truckload, and they continue to remain halfway active in free agency every year.

Why the fuck isn't that team fucking broke yet? Good Christ. I call cheating.

There's no doubt in my mind that they're circumventing the salary cap. Not that it matters, since Fivehead will choke again.

BigCatDaddy
03-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Maybe he can play some TE to help them move the ball against elite defenses.

Buzz
03-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Is every old player a broke dick?...

Not to be a jerk, you seam to be a good guy, but it sounds like you don't like change. Don't get me wrong, but the life span of an NFL player is short, If he signs elsewhere and get's paid, good for him. I just think it's time for the Chiefs to move on.

RealSNR
03-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Von Miller, Delirium Tremens, Julius Thomas, and swaths of their defensive line will need new contracts coming up.

And they'll still be paying out the ass for old farts Manning and (potentially) Jared Allen.

The end is near. That team's gonna swirl down the fucking toilet in about 2 seasons.

Eleazar
03-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Deep snapper of the future

Eleazar
03-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Von Miller, Delirium Tremens, Julius Thomas, and swaths of their defensive line will need new contracts coming up.

And they'll still be paying out the ass for old farts Manning and (potentially) Jared Allen.

The end is near. That team's gonna swirl down the ****ing toilet in about 2 seasons.

They'll probably see a wave of retirements when Manning goes - all the guys who were hanging on hoping they could ride his coattails to a ring

DaWolf
03-10-2014, 11:39 PM

Why the **** isn't that team ****ing broke yet? Good Christ. I call cheating.

They pay Manning, but all their skill position players are cheap. The two Thomases are on their rookie deals. Their running backs are all on rookie deals. They've got money invested in Their QB, their LT, and they are paying Welker some but not a big chunk of change. Their D is relatively cheap since they cut Bailey...

Mr. Laz
03-10-2014, 11:43 PM

Why the **** isn't that team ****ing broke yet? Good Christ. I call cheating.
I don't know

I saw something the other day that showed them having like 5 million more than us in cap space. :banghead:

Rausch
03-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Not to be a jerk, you seam to be a good guy, but it sounds like you don't like change.

Not to be a jerk, but you seem to have some type of fixation on me tonight.

Don't get me wrong, but the life span of an NFL player is short, If he signs elsewhere and get's paid, good for him. I just think it's time for the Chiefs to move on.

I don't want him here. I do like him as a player. I liked his fire and thought Peterson fucked him.

Again, I wish him well but I don't want us to sign him. I also don't think he's done as a player which is reason 4,103 I don't want him going to Denver...

RunKC
03-10-2014, 11:48 PM
I think he's on the downside, but Denver needs so much that it doesn't matter. Their LB's are below average. Their secondary is terrible.

Their best players on defense are Von Miller and Chris Harris. Both of those guys got late season ACL tears. They aren't coming back strong next season.

CoMoChief
03-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Just run the ball to his side and he'll disappear.

Problem solved.

Phobia
03-11-2014, 01:15 AM
I predict he stays a Viking.

Rausch
03-11-2014, 01:17 AM
I predict he stays a Viking.

I'll bet you a +rheps he doesn't...

Phobia
03-11-2014, 01:22 AM
I'll bet you a +rheps he doesn't...

Here's a stupid reason why he will... He just yanked out every piece of old furniture in his house and replaced it with new, everything. I realize that he makes like 8 figures a year but does this sound like what an intelligent person does when they're getting ready to move on?

Rausch
03-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Here's a stupid reason why he will... He just yanked out every piece of old furniture in his house and replaced it with new, everything. I realize that he makes like 8 figures a year but does this sound like what an intelligent person does when they're getting ready to move on?

People often do that when selling a home.

It's called "staging."

mcaj22
03-11-2014, 01:25 AM

didn't they just give his back up (Everson Griffen) a 40 million extension to take over JA's starting role?

Phobia
03-11-2014, 01:27 AM
People often do that when selling a home.

It's called "staging."

Heh. I'm familiar with staging. This wasn't for staging. But when you're talking about a guy who pulls down that kind of coin, what's several hundred thousand in furniture?

BryanBusby
03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
didn't they just give his back up (Everson Griffen) a 40 million extension to take over JA's starting role?
They did. They basically pulled the rug on JA and I don't think he really cares.

Rausch
03-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Heh. I'm familiar with staging. This wasn't for staging. But when you're talking about a guy who pulls down that kind of coin, what's several hundred thousand in furniture?

He's getting a big contract either way.

He stays he already likes it. He moves it's staging...

Rausch
03-11-2014, 01:40 AM
They did. They basically pulled the rug on JA and I don't think he really cares.

http://i2.wp.com/www.ff.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Obama-Shhhh.jpg

Phobia
03-11-2014, 01:41 AM
He's getting a big contract either way.

He stays he already likes it. He moves it's staging...

He might even just keep the house and live there. Who knows. I'm not about to wager something as valuable as rep over it, though.

Rausch
03-11-2014, 01:42 AM
He might even just keep the house and live there. Who knows. I'm not about to wager something as valuable as rep over it, though.

I felt like I was baiting high but you felt sure of yourself.

Phobia
03-11-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm far too smart to fall for that, dude.

RealSNR
03-11-2014, 02:37 AM

Did he get all his new shit at Best Buy?

Rausch
03-11-2014, 03:13 AM
I'm far too smart to fall for that, dude.

He's still not resigning with the Vikes...:evil:

T-post Tom
03-11-2014, 03:21 AM
All you can eat under a buck...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GcFO7uP8gOk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
03-11-2014, 03:30 AM
All you can eat under a buck...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GcFO7uP8gOk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a POS. Good thing we let him go while we had the chance...:facepalm:

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 06:54 AM

He was one DUI away from being suspended for life. The guy needed a change of scenery.

It wasn't going to work here, it just wasn't.

GloryDayz
03-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Fuck JA! His schtick has worn out... I wonder what his beef is with Minnesota now? Seems like a perpetual whiny bitch since Carl shoved a pole up his ass!

BigRock
03-11-2014, 07:05 AM

Round 3
Pick 73 (via Minnesota)
Kansas City Chiefs
Jamaal Charles
RB
Texas

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Round 3
Pick 73 (via Minnesota)
Kansas City Chiefs
Jamaal Charles
RB
Texas

Branden Albert was also the result of that trade.

BlackHelicopters
03-11-2014, 07:25 AM
I think he has a little something left, and I don't want to see him play for the Donks.

GloryDayz
03-11-2014, 07:40 AM
I think he has a little something left, and I don't want to see him play for the Donks.

Well I'm sure he's watching what's going on in KC and thinking he'll at least have two games a year where he'll do fine and thumb his nose at the city that fucked him. So yeah I'm sure facing a soft left tackle, or at least an unknown (in terms of quality), twice a year is a very good thing for him.

Throw in the fact that playing in Denver means that in at least 8 games a year you're going to play against teams who are literally gassed for the entire 2nd half of the game because THEY aren't acclimated to the altitude, and yeah, it's a smart career move.

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Well I'm sure he's watching what's going on in KC and thinking he'll at least have two games a year where he'll do fine and thumb his nose at the city that fucked him. So yeah I'm sure facing a soft left tackle, or at least an unknown (in terms of quality), twice a year is a very good thing for him.

Throw in the fact that playing in Denver means that in at least 8 games a year you're going to play against teams who are literally gassed for the entire 2nd half of the game because THEY aren't acclimated to the altitude, and yeah, it's a smart career move.

KC didn't fuck Jared Allen. Jared Allen fucked Jared Allen.

If anything, KC did him a favor by drafting him at all after he just about got himself kicked out of college football.

GloryDayz
03-11-2014, 07:46 AM
KC didn't fuck Jared Allen. Jared Allen fucked Jared Allen.

If anything, KC did him a favor by drafting him at all after he just about got himself kicked out of college football.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure he goes to bed at night blaming CP (the then face of "KC") for fucking him out of what he was due. So I don't think he hates the fans, but I think he hates the club. And most of us would have to agree. I'm not 100% sure (I don't care that much), but I think those were the years the Hunts were spending under the cap to repay themselves for their part of the stadium renovations. I'm sure some bean-counting number-jockey will tell me if I'm wrong, but I know JA just wanted more than CP would pay him, and at the time, he was due some primo coin for his skills...

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 07:49 AM
I agree, but I'm pretty sure he goes to bed at night blaming CP (the then face of "KC") for fucking him out of what he was due. So I don't think he hates the fans, but I think he hates the club. And most of us would have to agree. I'm not 100% sure (I don't care that much), but I think those were the years the Hunts were spending under the cap to repay themselves for their part of the stadium renovations. I'm sure some bean-counting number-jockey will tell me if I'm wrong, but I know JA just wanted more than CP would pay him, and at the time, he was due some primo coin for his skills...

His skills certainly warranted a payday. His off-the-field behavior made that payday EXTREMELY risky.

Like I said, there's a lot to blame Carl for. The guy was a first class a-hole.

But Jared Allen's situation is 100% Jared Allen's fault.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
I wish he's stayed a Chief.

Now I'm hoping he's NOT a Donkey.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm for it if the price is right, but I don't want to see him in Denver with a big contract.

seaofred
03-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I wish he's stayed a Chief.

Now I'm hoping he's NOT a Donkey.

If he stayed a Chief, we wouldn't have Charles..

Simply Red
03-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Bowlen and Elway are closers - they'll get it done.

gblowfish
03-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Run right at him.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 09:17 AM
I just don't see him being an answer to any of the Donks issues.

Simply Red
03-11-2014, 09:19 AM

The Reverse Mojo is strong in this one.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2014, 09:19 AM

Same here... I see it being more $ and name hype than anything really.

Simply Red
03-11-2014, 09:20 AM

The Reverse Mojo is strong in this one.

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 09:24 AM

The end is near. That team's gonna swirl down the fucking toilet in about 2 seasons.

That's not even the greatest part.

Manning is going to totally fuck them when it comes to their QB situation. They have no clue what they have in Osweiler. He's going to end up going through his first contract doing nothing. I hope Manning retires suddenly and leaves them with dick at that position.

Simply Red
03-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Welcome to Denver Jared.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 09:28 AM

6 years ago it would have been awesome, but now....ehh...whatever. the chiefs here think he's great...and he might still be....but Defensive end wasn't our issue in the Super Bowl. Our problem was a spiritual one.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 09:29 AM
That's not even the greatest part.

Manning is going to totally **** them when it comes to their QB situation. They have no clue what they have in Osweiler. He's going to end up going through his first contract doing nothing. I hope Manning retires suddenly and leaves them with dick at that position.

BO has a cannon...in PS games you can see him directing the line. don't get me wrong...I'd trade the dude if the comp was right because as you say...he's spending his first contract on the bench...but he's going to have an excellent opp to make a nane for himself in the league.

kcchiefsus
03-11-2014, 09:32 AM
BO has a cannon...in PS games you can see him directing the line. don't get me wrong...I'd trade the dude if the comp was right because as you say...he's spending his first contract on the bench...but he's going to have an excellent opp to make a nane for himself in the league.

Tyler Bray has a cannon too. That doesn't mean shit.

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 09:32 AM

That might be true....but the Broncos are going to have to decide to re-up his deal before Manning is gone.....or let him walk and hope they find someone else. Osweiler might not sign a team friendly deal if he thinks he can start someplace else.

TEX
03-11-2014, 09:34 AM

ALL BO has is a cannon. He's got nothing else. He's not accurate, he can't throw his receivers open, he has no touch, he has no pocket awareness, etc... He's just a tall guy with a big arm. No way he'll be the Broncos starter for very long after Manning. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. However, I do hope the Denver front office feels as you do.

GloryDayz
03-11-2014, 09:36 AM
His skills certainly warranted a payday. His off-the-field behavior made that payday EXTREMELY risky.

Like I said, there's a lot to blame Carl for. The guy was a first class a-hole.

But Jared Allen's situation is 100% Jared Allen's fault.

Few will actually understand that. And I agree, he opened the door to being questioned, then got mad about it.

He got paid, so he thinks he won. Oh well, neither team won much so nobody will ever know what could have been had he swallowed his pride and structured his "payday" around his new found "acting mature" way of life.

Oh well.. Fuck him!

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 09:42 AM
6 years ago it would have been awesome, but now....ehh...whatever. the chiefs here think he's great...and he might still be....but Defensive end wasn't our issue in the Super Bowl. Our problem was a spiritual one.

He preys on bad lines. He's very streaky. Definitely not the player he used to be.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2014, 09:44 AM
ALL BO has is a cannon. He's got nothing else. He's not accurate, he can't throw his receivers open, he has no touch, he has no pocket awareness, etc... He's just a tall guy with a big arm. No way he'll be the Broncos starter for very long after Manning. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. However, I do hope the Denver front office feels as you do.

Nobody has a clue as to what Brock can do... when Peyton leaves, if Brock isn't the guy - they'll look in FA.

The Franchise
03-11-2014, 09:45 AM
He'll probably work out for you guys as long as you continue your offensive dominance from last season. If you're up by 20 points and he can pin his ears back....he'll be ok. If you're in a close game though....he'll disappear and be a waste of money.

kcchiefsus
He preys on bad lines. He's very streaky. Definitely not the player he used to be.

Well then he has a chance at the pro bowl with 2 games against us next year if he goes to Denver.

Baby Lee
Won't make Manning younger nor a playoff non choker and it won't make the brutal schedule easier. The Donks are not going to get a ring with Manning. Last season was their chance and be blew it. Allen will not help.

http://i.imgur.com/tHslFNe.jpg

GloryDayz
03-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Run right at him.

This is good advice. Not that I followed him a lot after he became a ViQueen, I was up there recently (and of course talking football), and their complaint was how easy it was (still) to burn him because he was still "biting as badly as he did when he was in KC". So this might be good advice...

kcchiefsus
03-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Nobody has a clue as to what Brock can do... when Peyton leaves, if Brock isn't the guy - they'll look in FA.

Yeah, since good quarterbacks are allowed to hit free agency. Drew Brees is the exception, not the norm.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Yeah, since good quarterbacks are allowed to hit free agency. Drew Brees is the exception, not the norm.

I guess they're screwed then... they'll never recover.

kcchiefsus
03-11-2014, 09:56 AM
I guess they're screwed then... they'll never recover.

They might as well close up shop.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 11:03 AM

you're going off college shit.

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 11:04 AM

What else do you have to go on, training camp hype?

Halfcan
03-11-2014, 11:35 AM

The end is near. That team's gonna swirl down the ****ing toilet in about 2 seasons.

Hope you are right!

alpha_omega
03-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Ok...although i really didn't need another reason not to like him.

Maybe he can use his lasso on the horse that runs that joint.

satOkoye
03-11-2014, 11:47 AM
guys very outgoing. I would love to see him in a Papa Johns commercial

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 12:26 PM
What else do you have to go on, training camp hype?

Pre-season games
Training Camp - in person

I am not saying he's the seond coming, but we can get an idea of his capabilities from that. As I noted before, I am not married to him.

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Pre-season games
Training Camp - in person

I am not saying he's the seond coming, but we can get an idea of his capabilities from that. As I noted before, I am not married to him.

So in other words, pure hope.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Hope you are right!

If he is right...and things stay the same for the next two seasons...we'll have dominated the AFC West for a half decade

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2014, 12:35 PM
So in other words, pure hope.

You could say that about anything on just about any subject.

htismaqe
03-11-2014, 12:36 PM
You could say that about anything on just about any subject.

It's the fuel that runs Chiefsplanet, that's for sure.

TEX
03-11-2014, 01:14 PM

No, I'm going off trusting -my-own- eyes -shit and IF you took off your orange glasses you'd see the same thing. Brock is NOT the answer. Again, I hope that Elway & Co. feel as you do. Would love to see total suck at QB for Denver for a few years while they wait for him to turn into something, only to realize they were wrong.

rico
03-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Arrowhead Addict ‏@ArrowheadAddict · now
I’m ok with this. RT @fansided: TRENDING: NFL Rumors: Jared Allen wants to sign with Packers http://bit.ly/1lvBU9X pic.twitter.com/fsiNsoOY8D

Mile High Mania
03-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Honestly, I don't know and don't care if Brock is the answer long-term or not... right now he's the backup. He signed a 4 year rookie deal through the 2014 season...

Either way, once Peyton is gone, they're going to be looking for someone... maybe Brock's it, kinda doubt it, but whatever ... few backups are the answer in this league.