PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Complete PFF Ratings of every position from 2013 Regular Season

planetdoc
03-14-2014, 07:43 PM
http://imgur.com/a/DEkM8

this should generate plenty of discussion.
for starters:

Vance Walker: 791 snaps, +4 overall grade, +1.5 pass rush, -0.6 run, 3 sacks, 3 hits, 32 hurries.

Tyson Jackson (not an apples to apples comparison): +14.5 overall, -3.3 pass rush, +15.5 run, 4 sack, 0 hits, 8 hurries.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-14-2014, 07:47 PM

for starters:

Vance Walker: 791 snaps, +4 overall grade, +1.5 pass rush, -0.6 run, 3 sacks, 3 hits, 32 hurries.

Tyson Jackson (not an apples to apples comparison): +14.5 overall, -3.3 pass rush, +15.5 run, 4 sack, 0 hits, 8 hurries.

Jackson was playing with studs on D. Walker not so much.

planetdoc
03-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I hope they move Devito to LDE and have walker at RDE.

Mugsy
03-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Very impressed with Walkers hurries... That's ****ing nice... Maybe he will wreak some havoc after all? Will that translate to our scheme? How will he hold up in a one gap with one or two other linemen instead of three?

thabear04
Jackson was playing with studs on D. Walker not so much.

L.Houston was good.

Direckshun

That makes as much sense as anything.

Mugsy
03-14-2014, 07:51 PM

Has Walker ever played in a 3-4 or DE at all? That could be a pretty big jump. Also, I could see Sutton wanting him with Houston on the left.

LoneWolf
03-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Yes, I always trust rankings on football players from a website ran by a soccer loving Englishman.

planetdoc
03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Has Walker ever played in a 3-4 or DE at all?

dont know, but I dont think it was very often.

That could be a pretty big jump. Also, I could see Sutton wanting him with Houston on the left.

agree, big jump.
Usually you want your best run defenders on the strong side because that is usually where an additional run blocker (such as a TE) is located. Generally you also want your best pass rusher on the QBs blind side.

Devito is much more a run defender than pass rusher, and Walker is the opposite.

Yes, I always trust rankings on football players from a website ran by a soccer loving Englishman.

thus the good discussion. There is plenty of WTF material in there, as well as plenty of good (interesting) material as well. Just for instance, JJ Watts overall score is ridiculous and absurd.

GoChargers
03-14-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm just shocked that there were six worse cornerbacks than Derek Cox last year.

GoChargers
03-14-2014, 10:06 PM

Most NFL teams not only subscribe to PFF but use it to supplement their internal evaluations and even make suggestions to the founders on how to improve their stats. I'd say they're pretty trustworthy.

SAUTO
03-14-2014, 10:13 PM

Wasn't devito on a one year deal?
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf
03-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Most NFL teams not only subscribe to PFF but use it to supplement their internal evaluations and even make suggestions to the founders on how to improve their stats. I'd say they're pretty trustworthy.

Bullshit. They use it for basic stats like # of snaps played, etc. Marvin Lewis voiced his opinion about PFF and I'm positive most other coaches/executives feel the same way.

Dylan
03-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Not for nothing - but you really should judge a player on how they perform in the system they play in.

back to Bristol ... :D

Direckshun
03-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Jesus, how bad were our corners.

RippedmyFlesh
03-14-2014, 11:37 PM
Not for nothing - but you really should judge a player on how they perform in the system they play in.

back to Bristol ... :D

How's your boy going to do in Oakland? You mad they let him go? Not trolling just asking. When the Chiefs don't make the playoffs I pull for the giants. I think the giants got stupid cheap I would have kept him for oakland gave him.
NY post said ny offered 1/2 what oak gave him.

Dylan
03-15-2014, 01:37 AM
How's your boy going to do in Oakland? You mad they let him go? Not trolling just asking. When the Chiefs don't make the playoffs I pull for the giants. I think the giants got stupid cheap I would have kept him for oakland gave him.
NY post said ny offered 1/2 what oak gave him.

I wish Tuck the best of luck. He helped us to win two Super Bowls - However, he is not close to the player he once was during the last couple of years.

In 2013, Tuck compiled nine sacks during the last six games and six of those sacks came against the Redskins. He had 10 sacks in the prior thirty-seven injury-plagued games.

Contracts are based on what a player can do for a team in the future - Not on what he did in the past. They are lucky - The NFL is a business that pays players very well.

I am sad the Giants let Linval Joseph walk.

Thank you for asking...

RippedmyFlesh
03-15-2014, 01:53 AM
If they were trying to sign me before free agency hit, or at least were trying to communicate with us, then I probably would’ve took somewhere around a two-year deal, $8 million.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/lack-effort-giants-drove-tuck-raiders-article-1.1721734

At 4 a year he would have been worth it. Thats not a break the bank contract. He's 30 he still might have a couple of years left.

Dylan
03-15-2014, 02:04 AM
RippedmyFlesh, Honestly, I could not bear to watch him moping on the sidelines, and dragging around his shoulder any longer. He was hurt all the time and played awful.

Tuck was paid $10 million a year and had four or five sacks per year to show for it. Everyone in NY knew that his productivity diminished two-three years ago.

SeeingRed
03-15-2014, 02:07 AM

for starters:

yep interesting.....MOST interesting thing I saw in the ratings for each position was that we had a #1 rated player in only 1 position......Fullback! Anthony Sherman is tha man! Top rated FB in the NFL! One of the most underrated guys on our team...no question! :clap:

milkman
03-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Bullshit. They use it for basic stats like # of snaps played, etc. Marvin Lewis voiced his opinion about PFF and I'm positive most other coaches/executives feel the same way.

PFF ratings, like stats, is just a tool.

You can't make evaluations and decisions based on those numbers, but it's something that you can begin the process with.

ThaVirus
03-15-2014, 09:27 AM
yep interesting.....MOST interesting thing I saw in the ratings for each position was that we had a #1 rated player in only 1 position......Fullback! Anthony Sherman is tha man! Top rated FB in the NFL! One of the most underrated guys on our team...no question! :clap:

Justin Houston was the highest rated 3-4 OLB.