PDA

View Full Version : J. Jeffcoat vs. M. Smith

Sfeihc
03-15-2014, 07:02 PM
We all agree that the CHIEFS need some depth behind Hali and Houston. I'm a huge Hali homer so this talk about cutting him in 2015 doesn't sit well with me but I digress.
Jackson Jeffcoat and Marcus Smith are pretty closely ranked prospects and both might very well be there in the 3rd round when the CHIEFS are on the clock.
Who do you like and why?

kccrow
03-15-2014, 08:06 PM
I like Carl Bradford in round 2........... Oh that's right....

I like them both. The bullcrap surrounding Jeffcoat not having the "athleticism" to stand up and play in space is unwarranted to me. Jeffcoat is more athletic than Marcus Smith is and Smith looked great when asked to stand up in space. I really think its a horse a piece, purely looking at that. The only problem for me is I haven't really seen Jeffcoat operate in space. If I could see Jeffcoat stand up and play in space then he's my pick without a doubt. He's had more consistent, high-level production coming out. Hell, what's it matter about playing in space? Kansas City runs the most predictable 3-4 defense ever in terms of who they bring off the edge. You know that every down Tamba Hali is rushing, so whether either can operate in space is relatively moot. Give me Jeffcoat. :)

Sfeihc
03-15-2014, 09:01 PM
I like Carl Bradford in round 2........... Oh that's right....

I like them both. The bullcrap surrounding Jeffcoat not having the "athleticism" to stand up and play in space is unwarranted to me. Jeffcoat is more athletic than Marcus Smith is and Smith looked great when asked to stand up in space. I really think its a horse a piece, purely looking at that. The only problem for me is I haven't really seen Jeffcoat operate in space. If I could see Jeffcoat stand up and play in space then he's my pick without a doubt. He's had more consistent, high-level production coming out. Hell, what's it matter about playing in space? Kansas City runs the most predictable 3-4 defense ever in terms of who they bring off the edge. You know that every down Tamba Hali is rushing, so whether either can operate in space is relatively moot. Give me Jeffcoat. :)

Makes sense especially if we're looking at it from a pure pass rush standpoint.

Saccopoo
03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
I think that you have to throw James Gayle from Virginia Tech in there as well.

Also Demarcus Lawrence from Boise State. (Dude is a fucking animal. No one is talking about him, but he's an absolute specimen that is just ferocious.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OoJoCIhDTl4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun
03-16-2014, 06:29 AM
It's close, but if those are my options, I'm going with Smith.

Smith is a better rusher, a more complete player, and has experience as a 3-4 OLB.

Direckshun
03-16-2014, 11:18 AM
The only hesitation I'd have is from the Combine: Jeffcoat destroys Smith with a 6.97 3 cone drill to Smith's 7.48.

I think they're both similar players -- but Smith is going to transition far more smoothly, and Jeffcoat's going to take some time.

Sorter
03-16-2014, 11:23 AM
I haven't watched Smith.

Jeffcoat wouldn't be a bad selection.