PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 87

Rain Man
03-16-2014, 04:37 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e5Y2MandRso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LGtJn-L5xEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hyYS6SrDkBg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
03-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Boom Ch Ka

Rasputin
03-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Before poll

Rain Man
03-16-2014, 04:40 PM
My votes:

#1 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's a touching scene, well done, and kind of mind blowing if you know the back story.

#2 - Lion King. A lost and crying kitten? A dead cat? I'll acknowledge that it's well done, but I sure don't enjoy it.

#3 - Waiting. Yeah, kind of gross.

Rasputin
03-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I think I would have liked Eternal Sunshine if I watched the rest of the movie. Haven't seen it. None of these scenes do it for me.

Rain Man
03-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I think I would have liked Eternal Sunshine if I watched the rest of the movie. Haven't seen it. None of these scenes do it for me.

It's a weird movie, but very much worth it.

If you haven't seen the movie, this scene won't do much for you.

WhawhaWhat
03-16-2014, 05:26 PM

The movie is really good and also the features on making the movie are really good too. Very underrated movie.

WhawhaWhat
03-16-2014, 05:28 PM
I've waited tables and also delivered pizzas. That Waiting scene warms my heart.

Easy 6
03-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Ah, surprised to see my choice in the lead.

Watched the hell outta this movie when my kids were tots, its actually a pretty powerful scene.

ThaVirus
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm not familiar with Eternal Sunshine or whatever. The Waiting scene is pretty good, especially for someone that's worked in the restaurant biz, but the Lion King scene is epic.

Lion King it is.

Mama Hip Rockets
03-16-2014, 08:24 PM
The movie is really good and also the features on making the movie are really good too. Very underrated movie.

I keep hearing people say this about movies that are not underrated at all. Eternal Sunshine is one of the highest-rated movies of all time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Rain Man
03-16-2014, 09:03 PM
I keep hearing people say this about movies that are not underrated at all. Eternal Sunshine is one of the highest-rated movies of all time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I tend to say that about Eternal Sunshine, and I think it's just because I never hear anyone talk about it. I hear Dumb and Dumber quotes all the time, I hear Pulp Fiction quotes all the time, and so on. But I never hear a word about Eternal Sunshine.

I wonder what proportion of the population has seen it. I almost wonder if not many people saw it, but those who did loved it.

Holy cow, was it a box office bomb? http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=eternalsunshine.htm

Easy 6
03-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Bah, buncha kids trying to make this piece of crap, that I've never watched, number one... HOW DARE YOU.

When will you ever have the good sense to simply defer to your elders?

Kids, what a buncha jerkoffs...

crazycoffey
03-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Eternal sunshine is one of my favorite movies of all time, but if you've never seen it, you'll never understand the impact of the scene in the OP. It's one of those movies you have to watch more than once and it was extremely well put together.

It's not talked about at the water coolers because, even though almost everyone ever can/could identify with it, it's just not "one liner" funny plus it's too real for that.

rico
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
I love Eternal Sunshine. Also like the Beck song in the movie. I think it's called "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

My favorite scene is probably where Jim Carey's character says at the end, "I would have stayed."

Rain Man
03-18-2014, 05:07 PM
The Lion King moves on.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the showing of Eternal Sunshine. It's dead now and has no shot at a wild card spot, but it put up a good fight.