PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What about Chris Clemons?

Dunerdr
03-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Why did this guy fall off the radar? And wouldn't he be worth our coin?

The most recent info I've seen on him.

The New York Daily News reports free agent FS Chris Clemons is "on the Jets' radar."
He'd be a better schematic fit for the Jets than Donte Whitner, as Clemons is a true center-field safety and would complement in-the-box type SS Dawan Landry. Clemons is an excellent cover guy, though he's a bit shaky in run support and hasn't been a playmaker. The Dolphins are not expected to re-sign him. Mar 9 - 5:49 PM
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

NCarlsCorner2
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Was Clemons a good friend of Martin?

KCrockaholic
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
We're getting desperate here, obviously. Dorsey is gonna have to work his post-draft magic again and find some more McGraths, Coopers, Parkers, etc.

Iconic
03-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Clemons is the last FS on the market who would be an upgrade over DeCoud. We need to strike fast before that fat shit Pioli takes him from us.

Dunerdr
03-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Clemons is the last FS on the market who would be an upgrade over DeCoud. We need to strike fast before that fat shit Pioli takes him from us.

This. I really thought he's be the 2nd or 3rd guy off the market. I guess maybe he's not as good as I thought. But he'd be a solid fit in our system.

penbrook
03-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Ron Parker!!!

Nuff said

Micjones
03-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Highly interested. He's been on my shortlist for most of the offseason.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2014, 08:12 PM
He's not coming here ... nobody is coming here.

just embrace the suckage

OldSchool
03-16-2014, 08:12 PM
This. I really thought he's be the 2nd or 3rd guy off the market. I guess maybe he's not as good as I thought. But he'd be a solid fit in our system.

He's just a solid and unspectacular player who wouldn't start on most teams in the NFL at FS. Most teams want a play maker at FS now and Clemons has shown that he isn't one. He's just a solid single high cover guy, but that's kind of what we need right now.

I just don't think that Dorsey and Co see it the same way. They want play makers at the safety positions.

Iconic
03-16-2014, 08:15 PM

I mean he's not a play maker like Byrd, but what he does bring to the table is sound fundamental tackling with decent cover skills... that's a huge upgrade in itself sadly.

Dunerdr
He's just a solid and unspectacular player who wouldn't start on most teams in the NFL at FS. Most teams want a play maker at FS now and Clemons has shown that he isn't one. He's just a solid single high cover guy, but that's kind of what we need right now.

I just don't think that Dorsey and Co see it the same way. They want play makers at the safety positions.

Seems like an excellent stop gap, until they find the real deal. The way I see it, you get him or draft a safety high or bring back broke dick Lewis.

OldSchool
He has only 17 PDefs and 4 INTs in his entire career and he isn't great in run support either.

The Bad Guy
03-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Ron Parker!!!

Nuff said

Ron Parker is not a free safety.

OldSchool
03-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Seems like an excellent stop gap, until they find the real deal. The way I see it, you get him or draft a safety high or bring back broke dick Lewis.

Yeah, I'd like him to come in and provide at least decent coverage for us vs the crapfest that was Kendrick Lewis last year. Too busy being a "general" and forgetting about his own responsibilities in the meantime.

booger
03-16-2014, 08:19 PM
I imagine they would look at Nate Allen if he's still out there

Dunerdr
03-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Let's think about Kendrick Lewis' big fuck ups. He didnt keep backside coverage responsibilities, he's slow, takes bad angles, and tackles poorly. It doesn't take a superstar to not be k. Lewis. Right now we need an upgrade not the answer. The answers are all signed and paid.

OldSchool
03-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Let's think about Kendrick Lewis' big **** ups. He didnt keep backside coverage responsibilities, he's slow, takes bad angles, and tackles poorly. It doesn't take a superstar to not be k. Lewis. Right now we need an upgrade not the answer. The answers are all signed and paid.

Yeah, but how many teams need a starting FS now?

Only 75%+ chance of being rookie starters at FS that I see are Dix, Pryor, and Ward.

O.city
03-16-2014, 08:23 PM

He hasn't exactly been asked to play the same style of FS in Miami as he would here, and I think he could be more turnover type getting guy if that's what he asked to do.

Behind Byrd, I think he's the best single high safety available.

OldSchool
03-16-2014, 08:27 PM
He hasn't exactly been asked to play the same style of FS in Miami as he would here, and I think he could be more turnover type getting guy if that's what he asked to do.

Behind Byrd, I think he's the best single high safety available.

Yeah, but there's gotta be a reason why he had a cold market last season and returned to Miami on a 1 year deal and is now not being talked about at all this year.

O.city
03-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah, but there's gotta be a reason why he had a cold market last season and returned to Miami on a 1 year deal and is now not being talked about at all this year.

I agree.

However, it wasn't really his play on the field

JoeyChuckles
03-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Guys, I'm just spit balling here, but what about Vince Agnew?

Molitoth
03-16-2014, 08:31 PM
He's probably going to Denver to be depth.

NCarlsCorner2
03-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Ron Parker is not a free safety.

Parker played free safety at Newberry College.

Dunerdr
03-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Guys, I'm just spit balling here, but what about Vince Agnew?

Wasn't he a training camp casualty?

Clemons must rape goats or something. I don't think Allen would be worse than broke dick either.

ThaVirus
03-16-2014, 08:34 PM
LMAO Vince Agnew. Forgot about that guy.

Pretty sure QBs had a perfect passer rating throwing at him..

O.city
03-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Clemons in Lewis role and Allen as demps replacement would be great.

Clemons is pretty perfect for what we need a FS

Dunerdr
03-16-2014, 08:35 PM

Is that a real college?

O.city
03-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Clemons and Nate Allen would solidify our safety position.

dtrain
03-16-2014, 08:44 PM
This is a really deep draft I believe we can get good players at the positions of need especially if someone wants to trade up.

mcaj22
03-16-2014, 08:47 PM

is that next to North Dakota Tech Southwest State where our starting ILB2 and slot WRs went

or by East West Central Michigan Tech Community College where our starting LT went?

Easy 6
03-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Teams are avoiding him like the bubonic plague, the story is of yet unwritten, but so far... if everyone else is scared away, there just might be a good reason for it.

I want GOOD bets, not just signing jokers to sign them... contrary to popular belief.

Dunerdr
03-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Saw on fb today the chiefs plan to move forward with comings as the starter. I'll try to find the link.

Dunerdr
03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Sanders Commings is expected to be the Chiefs starting free safety.
The Chiefs are showing no interest in re-signing last year's starter, Kendrick Lewis. They've also been quiet on the free agent market when it comes to safeties. The logical move is to hand the job to Commings, a second-year player whose rookie campaign was marred by a broken collarbone. His coverage skills will be as asset. Mar 17 - 11:30 AM
Source: ESPN.com

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 04:50 PM
The Chiefs are showing no interest in re-signing last year's starter, Kendrick Lewis. They've also been quiet on the free agent market when it comes to safeties. The logical move is to hand the job to Commings, a second-year player whose rookie campaign was marred by a broken collarbone. His coverage skills will be as asset. Mar 17 - 11:30 AM

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
03-17-2014, 04:52 PM

Wow. Just wow.

So we deal two 2nds in a "win now" move, don't win, and now are changing course and apparently relying on young players at safety and OL.

I'm afraid to ask what the plan may be next year - I can only assume something different yet again.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Wow. Just wow.

So we deal two 2nds in a "win now" move, don't win, and now are changing course and apparently relying on young players at safety and OL.

I'm afraid to ask what the plan may be next year - I can only assume something different yet again.

We were also told that the chiefs believe in competition and that there would always be competition. This really isn't any different than what Pioli did, gifting players with starts.

Messier
03-17-2014, 04:58 PM
You know that's just Teicher, right?

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:00 PM
You know that's just Teicher, right?

It also happens to be reality right now.

Messier
03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
It also happens to be reality right now.

A week in to FA, and almost two months before the draft? Yes it does.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:04 PM
A week in to FA, and almost two months before the draft? Yes it does.

Still need several other positions too. The draft isn't going to address everything, it's mathematically impossible.

Messier
03-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Still need several other positions too. The draft isn't going to address everything, it's mathematically impossible.

I know.

Bootlegged
03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CRAItrkzwDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Doesn't make sense going into the season hoping a second year player who's never played said position, one that happens to be of utmost importance in our scheme, can play it to the level we need.

I don't have a problem playing young cheap players, but this seems pretty crazy

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Doesn't make sense going into the season hoping a second year player who's never played said position, one that happens to be of utmost importance in our scheme, can play it to the level we need.

Yep

Dunerdr
03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I think they still sign someone for competition this is just a speculative report.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Maybe it works out, obviously the coaching staff knows more than I do and they're hopefully much improved over previous staffs at player development, but this seems like a fairly big risk.

Bootlegged
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM

People act like SHS is extremely hard to learn and we've had a good player in this spot. I'd take Sanders over 1/2 the burnouts on the market right now. He was a 2nd-3rd round talent that fell due to other issues.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:16 PM
I will say that reeks of Teicher throwing shot at the wall

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:17 PM
People act like SHS is extremely hard to learn and we've had a good player in this spot. I'd take Sanders over 1/2 the burnouts on the market right now. He was a 2nd-3rd round talent that fell due to other issues.

He's also never played single high safety in the league, and for the defense to be the highest level it can be, we need someone who's really good there.

Maybe Saunders is, I dunno. But it's absolutely a tough position to learn.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:21 PM

Can't wait until 2015, when sanders commings is one of the burnouts available on the FA market.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:23 PM
I hope Sanders turns out, we need him to. I'd still like to bring in Chris Clemons

Messier
03-17-2014, 05:25 PM
I hope Sanders turns out, we need him to. I'd still like to bring in Chris Clemons

Agree.

mcaj22
he's also a player that broke his fucking collarbone and then had like 1 or 2 surgeries on his shoulder that put him on IR.

you know who else had a bum shoulder? Kendrick Lewis.

Dunerdr
Well if he can get the mental side down he's got the speed and tools. Anyone have his combine stats wasn't he pushing 4.3? I think I read the knock on him as a corner was poor footwork at the line so maybe free ranging will maximize his ability. A lot of older corners move to safety why not a young guy?

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
he's also a player that broke his fucking collarbone and then had like 1 or 2 surgeries on his shoulder that put him on IR.

you know who else had a bum shoulder? Kendrick Lewis.

Nah he'll be fine. Guaranteed. No need to bring in any competition and damage his ego.

Dunerdr
03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm not saying there shouldn't be competition for the record every spot should be earned. Except punter when your a collquitt that shit is handed to you.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm not saying there shouldn't be competition for the record every spot should be earned. Except punter when your a collquitt that shit is handed to you.

I know you're not.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM
He's very talented and seems to have the skill to play FS, I'd just prefer not rely on him until he shows he can do it.

Bootlegged
03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Can't wait until 2015, when sanders commings is one of the burnouts available on the FA market.

I cannot believe you have a pessimistic view on Commings.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:36 PM

Cause he's done what to change said view?

Bootlegged
03-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Cause he's done what to change said view?

Talking about the poster's view of the world. He hates everything.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM

Why would you be optimistic? The guy had issues, was a low draft pick, and has now suffered a fairly significant injury?

Are long shots normally something to get excited about? I mean, outside of Chiefs football, of course...

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:40 PM

Oh ok.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:40 PM

Hate is an emotive response.

I don't hate Commings. History and probability suggest he won't ever be a star. That's REALITY not hate.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Henry Melton hasn't signed anywhere yet, get his ass in here.

Clemons Britt and Melton would suffice

Finley too

mcaj22
03-17-2014, 05:43 PM
no matter how you cut it we still need another safety, whether it's a veteran, depth, cheap scrap heap scrub or a rookie

we had four last year Berry, Abdullah, Demps, Lewis

we have this year Berry, Abdullah, Commings, ______

there is still one open spot at safety no matter how you slice it.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
no matter how you cut it we still need another safety, whether it's a veteran, depth, cheap scrap heap scrub or a rookie

we had four last year Berry, Abdullah, Demps, Lewis

we have this year Berry, Abdullah, Commings, ______

there is still one open spot at safety no matter how you slice it.

The same could be said about OG.

mcaj22
03-17-2014, 05:47 PM
The same could be said about OG.

that's way different, we have two openings there first and second string.

RG 1st string: ________
RG 2nd string: ________
RG 3rd string: Rishaw Johnson
RG 4th string: Jeff Poopnfarts.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:48 PM

ROFL

Messier
03-17-2014, 05:48 PM

I think Rishaw Johnson becomes the starter.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
I think Rishaw Johnson becomes the starter.

We are in for a long season.

Messier
03-17-2014, 05:52 PM
We are in for a long season.

Maybe.

mcaj22
03-17-2014, 05:52 PM
they might as well have open tryouts right off the street at 1 Arrowhead Drive for some of these positions if they just plan on giving them away for free to anyone

give Mark Wahlberg a call from the movie Invincible.

Dunerdr
03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/sanders-commings?id=2539229
Can't embed on my phone on the go but here it is.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm partial, but I really hope Kush gets a chance to start next year.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Commings is going to be the starting free safety, and I feel good about that. Here's why:
The coaching staff clearly loves this guy. The first game he was healthy last season they inactivated a 10-year vet in Robinson to get him in uniform. He had a good college career. He has good size. Aside from one broken collarbone, what isn't to like? I'm pretty sure the guys who watched him all offseason and training camp have a better idea of his potential than we do. Consider the starting spot not a need, just depth.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Or take a solid but unspectacular guard in round 4 and problem solved

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Maybe.

There's also a chance that all of these guys pan out. It's certainly not impossible.

It's just not probable and that's what I'm looking at-probabilities.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Commings is going to be the starting free safety, and I feel good about that. Here's why:
The coaching staff clearly loves this guy. The first game he was healthy last season they inactivated a 10-year vet in Robinson to get him in uniform. He had a good college career. He has good size. Aside from one broken collarbone, what isn't to like? I'm pretty sure the guys who watched him all offseason and training camp have a better idea of his potential than we do. Consider the starting spot not a need, just depth.

The same front office and coaching staff that thought Robinson was able to play nickel cb?

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 05:58 PM

They love him so he has to be good.

O.city
03-17-2014, 05:59 PM
There's also a chance that all of these guys pan out. It's certainly not impossible.

It's just not probable and that's what I'm looking at-probabilities.

It's certainly probable that the broncos offense isn't as good next year, and that rivers and or manning start declining next year

Messier
03-17-2014, 06:01 PM
It's certainly probable that the broncos offense isn't as good next year, and that rivers and or manning start declining next year

I think it's already starting with Manning. By the end of the season, he had lost confidence in his deep ball.

O.city
03-17-2014, 06:02 PM
I think it's already starting with Manning. By the end of the season, he had lost confidence in his deep ball.

Don't mistake me saying that thought, they'll still be good. Just not historically good.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 06:03 PM

All the more reason to try hard to get better now rather than later...

pugsnotdrugs19
03-17-2014, 06:04 PM
They love him so he has to be good.

If you don't trust the staff give up.... cause you aren't calling the shots anytime soon my friend. Not like we were a bad team last year.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 06:05 PM
If you don't trust the staff give up.... cause you aren't calling the shots anytime soon my friend. Not like we were a bad team last year.

ROFL

ThaVirus
03-17-2014, 06:06 PM

I said this in another thread but we can pretty much bank on the fact that Peyton won't have such a historic season this next go 'round.

Unfortunately, he'll still likely throw 35 TDs and drag that offense to 30-ish points per game...

pugsnotdrugs19
03-17-2014, 06:08 PM
ROFL

what is funny about facts? Lol

O.city
03-17-2014, 06:09 PM
All the more reason to try hard to get better now rather than later...

I don't necessarily think we got a whole lot worse this offseason. But if your standing still, you're losing ground.

I'm sure some guys will improve this offseason with philosophy continuity, player development, etc.

People were big on Byrd, big name fa's etc, but frankly if this team is gonna take the next step, the players currently in the roster, especially the core big money guys are going to have to stay healthy and play at a high level, along with some young guys stepping up.

IMO, the free agents who can help us as much as some signed already are still out there to be signed.

htismaqe
03-17-2014, 06:19 PM
what is funny about facts? Lol

This isn't about trust. They don't control me any more than I control them.

OldSchool
03-17-2014, 07:32 PM

Manning's arm was already starting to fall off like Brett Farve's, his entire game is now predicated upon timing and trying to outsmart the defense. He'll have even less power next season being 1 year older and will be missing one of his most familiar targets in Eric Decker.

It's possible he has a Brett Farve-like fall off when he went from being the best he ever was as a passer in 2009 to just terrible in 2010.

The Franchise
03-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Just some Twitter back and forth....

Me: Any idea as to why the Chris Clemons camp is quiet?

Terez Paylor: no...seems odd

Me: The Chiefs haven't shown any interest? It seems odd that they would hand the FS job over to Commings when he's an unknown.

Terez Paylor: he'd have to earn it...might go with Berry, Commings, Abdullah and a draft pick back there

Me: So, I would assume then that if he doesn't earn it...that Abdullah would take over at FS?

Terez Paylor: we'll see, still months away

Halfcan
03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
I mean he's not a play maker like Byrd, but what he does bring to the table is sound fundamental tackling with decent cover skills... that's a huge upgrade in itself sadly.

We could definately use this!

Dunerdr
03-18-2014, 11:46 AM

Me: The Chiefs haven't shown any interest? It seems odd that they would hand the FS job over to Commings when he's an unknown.

Terez Paylor: he'd have to earn it...might go with Berry, Commings, Abdullah and a draft pick back there

Me: So, I would assume then that if he doesn't earn it...that Abdullah would take over at FS?

So you have as good of an idea as he does.

O.city
03-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Did this guy kill someone or something?

TEX
03-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Did this guy kill someone or something?

Must have. No real interest from anyone. :hmmm:

O.city
03-19-2014, 08:29 PM
I keep hoping we've got him in KC negotiating a deal all Sean smith last year

BossChief
03-19-2014, 09:17 PM
His asking price must be too high, or he wants too many years for a 28 year old safety.

Otherwise, there would be a market for him.

Dunerdr
03-20-2014, 04:50 AM
I don't understand how the trail just went cold. Usually agents are at least making shit up for twitter

htismaqe
03-20-2014, 05:51 AM
His asking price must be too high, or he wants too many years for a 28 year old safety.

Otherwise, there would be a market for him.

He hasn't even been rumored to be talking to teams. It appears he doesn't even have an asking price...

Chiefs=Champions
03-20-2014, 06:04 AM

I expected this to go somewhere. It did not.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2014, 06:07 AM
MMQB has an article called Safety Dance that tracks all the S moves this season. The author feels Clemons is really bad. Apparently not a $ issue.

Bootlegged
03-20-2014, 06:07 AM
People of Chiefsplanet. Please resign yourselves to the fact your S will be Berry and Abdullah/Commings. That is all.

htismaqe
03-20-2014, 06:10 AM
People of Chiefsplanet. Please resign yourselves to the fact your S will be Berry and Abdullah/Commings. That is all.

The playoffs are overrated!

Direckshun
03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Yeah, it seems he's been relegated to the same bargain bin Kendrick Lewis is in.

O.city
03-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Don't get that because he's a good player

Mr. Kotter
03-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Manning's arm was already starting to fall off like Brett Farve's, his entire game is now predicated upon timing and trying to outsmart the defense. He'll have even less power next season being 1 year older and will be missing one of his most familiar targets in Eric Decker.

It's possible he has a Brett Farve-like fall off when he went from being the best he ever was as a passer in 2009 to just terrible in 2010.

I sure hope so.... :evil:

Strongside
03-20-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm just glad Lewis isn't going to be back there. Stephen Hawking plays the Safety position better than that dude.

Dunerdr
03-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah, it seems he's been relegated to the same bargain bin Kendrick Lewis is in.

So he can be had cheap? Can't be worse than Lewis right? I'm really scared Lewis is gonna be back at the vet minimum for us.

Direckshun
03-20-2014, 10:18 AM
So he can be had cheap? Can't be worse than Lewis right? I'm really scared Lewis is gonna be back at the vet minimum for us.

Lewis is gone.

Clemons with a minimal contract is basically how we netted Quentin Demps. There's no reason why it couldn't happen with Clemons, too.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Clemons has been a SS, why the desire to switch him over? What makes people think he can play FS?

Direckshun
03-20-2014, 11:41 AM
He's actually pretty darn good in coverage, he's a big 6'1", 215 lb safety with 4.41 speed, with a 1.44 10-yard get-off, which is fantastic.

The Franchise
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Clemons has been a SS, why the desire to switch him over? What makes people think he can play FS?

No he hasn't. Where are you getting that from?

Mr. Laz
03-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Dorsey be digging around the bottom of the clearance bin hoping to find a pot of gold on sale for a buck fifty

Iconic
03-20-2014, 11:59 AM

Reshad and him switched around a lot from what I remember.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
No he hasn't. Where are you getting that from?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/roster/Chris-Clemons/169b7c53-8fd1-4ca9-992e-9a4bb45ffa89

The Franchise
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM
http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/roster/Chris-Clemons/169b7c53-8fd1-4ca9-992e-9a4bb45ffa89

Their depth chart shows him at FS.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Their depth chart shows him at FS.

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/02/23/miami-dolphins-rumors-chris-clemons-priority

Looks like you are correct. I saw some articles talk about him playing SS

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-21-2014, 10:18 AM
He is visiting the Lions today.

Direckshun
03-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Welp

jspchief
03-21-2014, 11:42 AM
If he's not what the FO wants, I don't see a point in clamoring for the team to sign him "just because". Bringing him in just slows the ascension of Commings and adds to an already tight cap. The team isn't a moderate upgrade at safety away from being a contender. No reason to panic.

bevischief
03-21-2014, 11:47 AM
If he's not what the FO wants, I don't see a point in clamoring for the team to sign him "just because". Bringing him in just slows the ascension of Commings and adds to an already tight cap. The team isn't a moderate upgrade at safety away from being a contender. No reason to panic.

Too late this is CP...

Direckshun
03-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Bleacher Report just released a ranking of the top 77 safeties in the NFL.

jspchief
03-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Bleacher Report just released a ranking of the top 77 safeties in the NFL.They had Clemons ranked 15th, but they also had Pollard ranked 22nd.

Here's the Clemons write up:

Coverage: 35/40
Utilizing exceptional speed from the safety position, Chris Clemons (6’1”, 214 lbs, five seasons) excels in coverage due to his wide range from a single-high look. He easily transitions from a backpedal to opening his hips and carrying receivers down the field. When that athletic fluidity in space is combined with his elite speed in the open field, Clemons often found himself as a factor in plays down the field for the Dolphins defense.

Run Defense: 8/15
Clemons is an asset in run defense primarily because of his speed. He can close on a ball-carrier in a hurry, but he isn’t a downhill weapon from a physical standpoint. He excels in space and being the last line of defense in both pass and run defense.

Tackle: 11/20
Clemons isn’t the most physical player, but he doesn’t seem to shy away from contact. That said, when he lowers his shoulder and makes a tackle, it’s not going to stay in the mind of the ball-carrier. He doesn’t pack a lot of pop upon contact, but he will often be around the ball if a player gets to the second level.

Speed: 25/25
Clemons joins Earl Thomas as the only two safeties to receive a perfect 25 score on the “speed” grade in this year’s NFL 1000. He’s the prototypical center fielder at free safety. On teams that love to press on the outside and give their safeties freedom to roam the field, he would be a good fit.

Overall: 79/100
Clemons has an elite attribute that separates him from other safeties in the NFL. His game is built around speed and his ability cover a large area.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-28-2014, 09:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Free agent safety Chris Clemons is visiting Texans today. He played at Miami.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/449568702757736449">March 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 09:31 AM
They had Clemons ranked 15th, but they also had Pollard ranked 22nd.

Here's the Clemons write up:

Coverage: 35/40
Utilizing exceptional speed from the safety position, Chris Clemons (6’1”, 214 lbs, five seasons) excels in coverage due to his wide range from a single-high look. He easily transitions from a backpedal to opening his hips and carrying receivers down the field. When that athletic fluidity in space is combined with his elite speed in the open field, Clemons often found himself as a factor in plays down the field for the Dolphins defense.

Run Defense: 8/15
Clemons is an asset in run defense primarily because of his speed. He can close on a ball-carrier in a hurry, but he isn’t a downhill weapon from a physical standpoint. He excels in space and being the last line of defense in both pass and run defense.

Tackle: 11/20
Clemons isn’t the most physical player, but he doesn’t seem to shy away from contact. That said, when he lowers his shoulder and makes a tackle, it’s not going to stay in the mind of the ball-carrier. He doesn’t pack a lot of pop upon contact, but he will often be around the ball if a player gets to the second level.

Speed: 25/25
Clemons joins Earl Thomas as the only two safeties to receive a perfect 25 score on the “speed” grade in this year’s NFL 1000. He’s the prototypical center fielder at free safety. On teams that love to press on the outside and give their safeties freedom to roam the field, he would be a good fit.

Overall: 79/100
Clemons has an elite attribute that separates him from other safeties in the NFL. His game is built around speed and his ability cover a large area.

We should be all fucking over this.

The Franchise
03-28-2014, 09:32 AM
They have to love Commings if they aren't even bringing this guy in for a visit.

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 09:32 AM

This team may not be a moderate upgrade at safety away from being a contender but they sure as fuck are a moderate upgrade at safety away from winning their first playoff game since Bill fucking Clinton was president.

Direckshun
03-28-2014, 09:33 AM
They have to love Commings if they aren't even bringing this guy in for a visit.

Or, far more likely, $$$.

The Franchise
03-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Or, far more likely, $$$.

This deep into the FA period? I would hope not.

Dunerdr
03-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Free agent FS Chris Clemons is visiting the Texans.
Clemons has a connection with new Texans director of pro personnel Brian Gaine from their Miami days. Clemons' market has been extremely quiet but he's one of the better players available. He can cover the back end and would provide an upgrade on Shiloh Keo. Clemons is our top remaining free-agent safety. Mar 28 - 10:59 AM
Source: John McClain on Twitter

OldSchool
03-28-2014, 09:46 AM
This deep into the FA period? I would hope not.

Yeah, he can't be looking at anything more than $2-3 mil a year at this point.

O.city
03-28-2014, 09:51 AM
They just re negotiated mannings deal and signed Lewis.

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 09:55 AM
They just re negotiated mannings deal and signed Lewis.

Who did?

O.city
03-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Who did?

Texans

O.city
03-28-2014, 10:05 AM
We should be all ****ing over this.

He must want a lot of money, cause he's pretty much a shoe in fit as what we need at FS

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 10:14 AM
He must want a lot of money, cause he's pretty much a shoe in fit as what we need at FS

There's several teams that need a rangy FS and have more money than us.

There's more to this than just $$$...

Dave Lane
03-28-2014, 11:05 AM

Three fiddy?

O.city
03-28-2014, 11:07 AM
There's several teams that need a rangy FS and have more money than us.

There's more to this than just $$$...

Someone on twitter said he wa still pricing himself out.

Dunno

Dunerdr
03-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Three fiddy?

Ha axed for tree fitty? I just gave him tree fitty yesterday.

The Franchise
03-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 37s

Houston Texans reached agreement on two-year deal with former Dolphins S Chris Clemons, per source. #Markman50

The Franchise
03-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Kendrick Lewis to the bench.

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston Texans reached agreement on two-year deal with former Dolphins S Chris Clemons, per source. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Markman50&amp;src=hash">#Markman50</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/449654349107429376">March 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
Q

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 03:16 PM
A 2-year deal?

Something isn't adding up here.

mcaj22
03-28-2014, 03:17 PM
The Texans now have three guys that can play Free Safety better than our starting FS and better than Kendrick Lewis who is now like 3rd string on that team

thabear04
03-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Unless D.Manning going to be cut cause I thinks Clemons and Shiloh Keo will he great in the backfield.

Iconic
03-28-2014, 03:33 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/963/9634694/2393539-5579905176-the-o.gif

O.city
03-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Fuck

Iconic
03-28-2014, 03:45 PM
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEzL2E4L3NtYXNoZWRjb21wLjVkMzdhLmdpZgpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/46976450/cf5/smashed-computer.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-28-2014, 04:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Clemons&#39; two-year Texans deal is $2.7 million, $450,000 of it is guaranteed, a source confirmed</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/statuses/449670056101044224">March 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

O.city
03-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Holy shit.

Something is going on with that guy. That's a steal

The Franchise
03-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Holy shit.

They're apparently super HIGH on Commings.

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Holy shit.

Yeah, there's way more to this story that we haven't seen.

htismaqe
They're apparently super HIGH on Commings.

Dude, he's got great speed and pretty good instincts. It's not just the Chiefs.

NOBODY wanted him.

O.city
Either he's not as good as we thought, or he's a mess

Iconic
03-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Did Clemons commit genocide or some shit? 450k and we didn't sign him? WTF?

TEX
03-28-2014, 05:41 PM
He signed with the Texans today.

TimBone
03-28-2014, 06:52 PM
He signed with the Texans today.

No way! You sure?

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-31-2014, 02:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans cut safety Chris Clemons, according to a source</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/statuses/506174204849692672">August 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

mcaj22
08-31-2014, 02:20 PM
back on the hope train again cut Turdenson/Sign Clemons!

Strongside
08-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Might as well take a look.

Dunerdr
08-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Let's fucking get the guy who Kendrick Lewis beat out.

OldSchool
08-31-2014, 03:03 PM
Does Clemons just have no motivation or something? Wtf is up with him? Maybe he's gay like Rhodes?