PDA

View Full Version : Eric Fisher

Direckshun
03-18-2014, 12:31 PM
God damn.

Are you ever just like... Eric Fisher, really?

Shit, people. Eric fucking Fisher.

That name just ruins my day.

Eric

Fisher

Goddamn it, Dorsey. Eric fucking Fisher.

I say that name out loud and I just ... I may just go walk into the ocean.

Eric Fisher.

the Talking Can
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
the most ridiculously stupid waste of a #1 pick since Ki-Jana Carter

it did absolutely nothing to turn the franchise around, Fisher's presence or absence meant nothing to this team, nor will it moving forward

RealSNR
03-18-2014, 12:40 PM
It (supposedly) saved us cap space.

It remains to be seen if it actually improved the position, but in the long run, Dorsey said, "I'd really like it if I didn't have to give Branden Albert all that money. We'll need a replacement. That replacement is Eric Fisher."

We used the 1.1 pick to save cap space. That's basically what we did with the #1 overall pick.

I don't care how shitty of a draft class it was. There were 400-some fucking athletes to choose from. ONE of those guys had the potential to do something really great for the Chiefs. Something better than save money on a goddamn OT.

Dunerdr
03-18-2014, 01:47 PM
I more meh on. The subject than most there was clearly nothing more promising within any range. If he ends up being Albert good then we saved that much coin till we gotta pay the kid.

Bowser
03-18-2014, 03:04 PM
You're going to piss Laz right the hell off.

A right tackle at 1.1. Lol.

RunKC
03-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Can we at least wait until this year is over to call this guy a bust? Let's see if he improves.

He was fucking awesome at the senior bowl. Dudes problem was that he was just not strong enough last year. He's putting on 15 lbs and hitting the gym.

The Franchise
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Can we at least wait until this year is over to call this guy a bust? Let's see if he improves.

He was fucking awesome at the senior bowl. Dudes problem was that he was just not strong enough last year. He's putting on 15 lbs and hitting the gym.

Tell that to the people calling Geno Smith a bust.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-18-2014, 03:57 PM
I would have spread my ass and got raped in a trade down. No shits given. I'd take less than Oakland got from Miami.

DMAC
03-18-2014, 03:58 PM
So, looking back, who would have been the ideal pick?

edit: Can't say trade down.

The Franchise
03-18-2014, 04:21 PM
So, looking back, who would have been the ideal pick?

edit: Can't say trade down.

Sheldon Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Dion Jordan

planetdoc
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Sheldon Richardson

hindsight being 20/20, chiefs might have actually won their 1st playoff game in 20yrs if they had him. PFF credits him with 4 sacks, 5 hits, 24 hurries. That being said, people would be even more pissed if the chiefs drafted a 3-4 DE #1 overall compared to a RT/LT.

RunKC
03-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Sheldon Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Dion Jordan

Like I said let's see what he does this year. Dorsey said the most important time for a draft pick is between year one and two. I remember when people were saying this same shit about Poe this time last year.

Direckshun
03-18-2014, 06:12 PM
The pick absolutely should have been Star Lotulelei.

Chiefnj2
03-18-2014, 06:32 PM
It (supposedly) saved us cap space.

We used the 1.1 pick to save cap space. That's basically what we did with the #1 overall pick.

I don't care how shitty of a draft class it was. There were 400-some ****ing athletes to choose from. ONE of those guys had the potential to do something really great for the Chiefs. Something better than save money on a goddamn OT.

Similar to drafting Baldwin to replace Bowe.

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Wasn't that bad a pick really...would you rather have had Joekel? Didn't think so.

jd1020
03-18-2014, 06:57 PM

He was ****ing awesome at the senior bowl. Dudes problem was that he was just not strong enough last year. He's putting on 15 lbs and hitting the gym.

Even if he turns into someone at least as good as Albert it doesnt make that pick any less fucking retarded.

Saccopoo
03-18-2014, 09:45 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4g304zE9X1r8khsj.gif

Right after we picked Dontari Poe in 2012?

(Now, I stated previously that they should have taken Michael Brockers in 2012 and then Starlite Lotulelei in 2013, but was told to fuck off, that was a homer call and spending picks on a five tech after using one on Jackson was a waste.)

Fisher was a solid draft choice last year.

Everyone had him as a consensus top three pick and you can see on the field the talent that he has. His hands and footwork is very, very good. His timing was off more than anything and he got caught out of position because of it.

However, by the last quarter of the season, he was getting it more and more and really started looking good out there. (Go ask Von Miller what he thinks.)

He's got exceptional tools for the OT position and with a true NFL level off-season, a year in the system under his belt, I'd bet the farm that both he and Stephenson rape faces in 2014.

RealSNR
03-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Similar to drafting Baldwin to replace Bowe.

We traded down in the 1st round that year to the mid-late 20s. Then we grabbed Baldwin.

That's a far cry from doing that with 1.1

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2014, 09:50 PM

(Now, I stated previously that they should have taken Michael Brockers in 2012 and then Starlite Lotulelei in 2013, but was told to fuck off, that was a homer call and spending picks on a five tech after using one on Jackson was a waste.)

Everyone had him as a consensus top three pick and you can see on the field the talent that he has. His hands and footwork is very, very good. His timing was off more than anything and he got caught out of position because of it.

However, by the last quarter of the season, he was getting it more and more and really started looking good out there. (Go ask Von Miller what he thinks.)

He's got exceptional tools for the OT position and with a true NFL level off-season, a year in the system under his belt, I'd bet the farm that both he and Stephenson rape faces in 2014.

Finally some sanity

MotherfuckerJones
03-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Not a day goes by. I'm sick of this franchise being shit on. Sandwiched between Luck and Clowney/QB

Sorter
03-19-2014, 12:19 AM
hindsight being 20/20, chiefs might have actually won their 1st playoff game in 20yrs if they had him. PFF credits him with 4 sacks, 5 hits, 24 hurries. That being said, people would be even more pissed if the chiefs drafted a 3-4 DE #1 overall compared to a RT/LT.

Speculation.

Bowser
03-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Sheldon Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Dion Jordan

These, or Tayvon Austin. Hell, knowing what we know now, we should have taken Keenan Allen.

It would have been nice to have Jordan, though. The pass rush would not have hit a plateau midway through the year if you could get him out there with Hali and Houston.

saphojunkie
03-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Speculation.

No, it isn't. They would have lost it. Absolute meltdown planet.

Now, if Richardson rocked out with 8 sacks... everyone would have collectively jizzed on a biscuit.

beach tribe
03-23-2014, 12:43 AM
I know some will never change their stance but for those not so bull headed, im betting fisher changes a lot of peoples minds.
A few pounds and a year of strength training will have him beasting.
He has all pro potential, and plenty of time to reach it.
Question. If he is our starting LT and is playing at Alberts level by mid season will those who hate the pick now be ok with it?
Probably not for most.

beach tribe
03-23-2014, 12:48 AM
These, or Tayvon Austin. Hell, knowing what we know now, we should have taken Keenan Allen.

It would have been nice to have Jordan, though. The pass rush would not have hit a plateau midway through the year if you could get him out there with Hali and Houston.
Jordan would be great in this D IMO.

Bazooka Poe
03-23-2014, 07:22 AM

In hindsight yes. At the time he had a heart condition and that's why he dropped. He'd have been a top five pick if it weren't for the heart thing.

Bowser
03-23-2014, 10:44 AM
In hindsight yes. At the time he had a heart condition and that's why he dropped. He'd have been a top five pick if it weren't for the heart thing.

We just took Dontari Poe the year before, Bob. You going to move Star to DE?

jd1020
03-23-2014, 11:06 AM
We just took Dontari Poe the year before, Bob. You going to move Star to DE?

Why move Star when you could have easily moved Poe?

O.city
03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Or just take Richardson and not move anyone?

jd1020
03-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Or just take Richardson and not move anyone?

Why take Richardson to avoid moving someone when you could just as easily take Fisher?

BossChief
03-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Vaccaro
Star
Richardson
Mingo
Austin
Geno
Glennon
Kiko Alonso
Ansah
Reid
Patterson
Elam

BossChief
03-23-2014, 09:15 PM
We traded down in the 1st round that year to the mid-late 20s. Then we grabbed Baldwin.

That's a far cry from doing that with 1.1

And we got Justin Houston with that extra third.

O.city
03-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Ansah would have been interesting.

BossChief
03-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Ansah would have been interesting.

I made a great case for him simply due to the fact Hali is on our roster.

It's a shame he went to Detroit to get destroyed by Gunther.

Direckshun
03-24-2014, 08:05 AM
The biggest problem with that is that Ansah's what, 28 now?

Mav
03-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Um. People were fine with eric Fisher. They didn't want joeckell. Short term memory loss? Also. Andy Reid says Fisher well okay left tackle this year. Feel better?

kccrow
03-27-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm more confident in Eric Fisher improving as a LT than I am with him as a RT. Two different skillsets you want for those positions. That, and don't get me going on a player's strong v. quick twitch side. Anyhow, yeah, Fisher belongs on the left. If he doesn't get it there, he wont' be in the league for long. I saw a big leap in terms of ability from beginning to end of the season. An offseason in the weight room will do wonders. We saw what that extra year did for Donald Stephenson, give the kid a chance. It is often difficult to fully grade a player until about midway through his 3rd season. At that point, you know what you have.

Sfeihc
03-28-2014, 06:44 AM
I'm more confident in Eric Fisher improving as a LT than I am with him as a RT. Two different skillsets you want for those positions. That, and don't get me going on a player's strong v. quick twitch side. Anyhow, yeah, Fisher belongs on the left. If he doesn't get it there, he wont' be in the league for long. I saw a big leap in terms of ability from beginning to end of the season. An offseason in the weight room will do wonders. We saw what that extra year did for Donald Stephenson, give the kid a chance. It is often difficult to fully grade a player until about midway through his 3rd season. At that point, you know what you have.

:clap:Give Fisher a chance @ LT.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Ill say it again....its not as if the Chief reached for him. 32 teams last year would have picked either Fisher or Joeckel #1 overall. What were they supposed to do? just not pick?

htismaqe
03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Um. People were fine with eric Fisher. They didn't want joeckell. Short term memory loss? Also. Andy Reid says Fisher well okay left tackle this year. Feel better?

I wouldn't say we were FINE with Eric Fisher.

Fisher was certainly the lesser of 2 evils. MUCH higher ceiling than Joeckel.

TEX
03-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Sheldon Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Dion Jordan

Mingo? Seriously???

TEX
03-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Exactly.

YontsRBake
03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Wasn't that bad a pick really...would you rather have had Joekel? Didn't think so.

Would rather have had Fluker.

Cannibal
03-31-2014, 04:25 AM

(Now, I stated previously that they should have taken Michael Brockers in 2012 and then Starlite Lotulelei in 2013, but was told to **** off, that was a homer call and spending picks on a five tech after using one on Jackson was a waste.)

Hoping you're right.