PDA

View Full Version : News Drivers report shootings in eastern jackson county 10 min apart

Sure-Oz
03-19-2014, 04:27 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/19/4900404/drivers-report-two-highway-shootings.html

osted on Wed, Mar. 19, 2014
Drivers report two highway shootings within 10 minutes in Eastern Jackson County
By BRIAN BURNES
The Kansas City Star

Police in Blue Springs and Lee’s Summit are investigating separate Tuesday night shootings on or near interstate highways.

It’s unclear whether the shootings are related, authorities said.

In Blue Springs, officers received a call at 8:25 p.m. from a 26-year-old man who had been driving west on Interstate 70 and heard several loud popping noses while exiting onto Woods Chapel Road.

When he stopped on the ramp to check if he had a flat tire, he felt a pain in his leg and realized he had been shot. The bullet pierced the car before hitting his leg. The victim was taken to a hospital for injuries that authorities considered non-life-threatening.

In Lee’s Summit, authorities responded to a call at about 8:35 p.m. near Interstate 470 and Colbern Road. The caller told police that he believed his car had been shot. Investigators located a bullet hole in the rear of the car. The driver was not hit.

Lee’s Summit police are working with Blue Springs police to determine if the two shootings are related. About six miles separate the two locations, by way of Woods Chapel Road and Interstate 470.

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Claxton in Blue Springs at 816 228-0145 or the TIPS Hotline at 816 474-TIPS.

This is kind've freaky esp if you are on the eastern side of the kc area.

Dayze
03-19-2014, 04:28 PM
time for a software upgrade on my Ghetto app

ping2000
03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
"To the Zoo!"

Inspector
03-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Yikes...I was just out that way..

Eureka
03-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Gang initiation!

BlackHelicopters
03-19-2014, 05:18 PM
To the 'Hood

Sully
03-19-2014, 05:23 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day; it's weird sometimes how people get shot and don't realize it till later. Like the first guy in this story, and I remember someone shot at Kaufman a few years back didn't immediately realize they'd been shot.

TLO
03-19-2014, 05:27 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day; it's weird sometimes how people get shot and don't realize it till later. Like the first guy in this story, and I remember someone shot at Kaufman a few years back didn't immediately realize they'd been shot.

I think that's something I'd realize pretty quickly.

dmahurin
03-19-2014, 05:50 PM
I think that's something I'd realize pretty quickly.

A guy I work with got shot in the foot. He said he didn't realize it until he tried to walk. Said he felt a sharp pain but it wasn't as bad as he expected it to be considering he was shot. My only guess is due to the speed and heat of the bullet it might "numb" the area slightly?:shrug:

TribalElder
03-19-2014, 05:52 PM
I wish people would stop this type of shit

KC native
03-19-2014, 06:30 PM
If it would have been me, I would have pulled my pistol and nailed that fucker at 70 MPH /chiefsplanet

Valiant
03-19-2014, 07:39 PM
A guy I work with got shot in the foot. He said he didn't realize it until he tried to walk. Said he felt a sharp pain but it wasn't as bad as he expected it to be considering he was shot. My only guess is due to the speed and heat of the bullet it might "numb" the area slightly?:shrug:

It is what I think, kind of like a needle shot for most people. they do not feel it if they do not see it. But if they see it then they feel the pain.

Gonzo
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Sliced my arm open as kid and never felt a thing, until they started stitching it up. Large wounds like this sometimes aren't felt because the nerves are severed or your bodies "circuit breaker" is tripped.
The Viet-Kong knew of this internal circuit breaker when they would torture POW's. They would inflict the maximum amount of pain tolerable before the GI would either pass out or go numb in that effected area.

I stepped on a nail as a kid as well. Thought I had a rock in my shoe until I saw the copious amounts of blood. After seeing that, the wound began hurting like a son-bitch.

And now you've learned something.

Gonzo
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Sliced my arm open as kid and never felt a thing, until they started stitching it up. Large wounds like this sometimes aren't felt because the nerves are severed or your bodies "circuit breaker" is tripped.
The Viet-Kong knew of this internal circuit breaker when they would torture POW's. They would inflict the maximum amount of pain tolerable before the GI would either pass out or go numb in that effected area.

I stepped on a nail as a kid as well. Thought I had a rock in my shoe until I saw the copious amounts of blood. After seeing that, the wound began hurting like a son-bitch.

And now you've learned something.

ThaVirus
03-19-2014, 08:03 PM
We've learned something twice.

Deberg_1990
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Were they coming home from the Zoo?

Sully
03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
I was in the choir in high school. Our graduation was always held at the RLDS Auditorium, and we went up there the day before to rehearse. Lots of glass doors, like you see virtually anywhere. I walk in, and the guy behind me puts his foot out to stop the door. The glass just shatters, and I look at him, trying to think of something funny to say, but he's just got this very calm far away look in his eyes. I look at his leg, and you can see his thigh bone it had cut so deep.
He simply says (eerily calmly) "I think I need to go to the doctor."