PDA

View Full Version : Football Incognito “I’m 100 percent into” playing for Raiders

Mr. Laz
03-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Richie Incognito: “I’m 100 percent into” playing for Raiders

Posted by Josh Alper on March 20, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
c098c5e17b39f5dcbbf1ed1f06dd9c19
AP
Throughout their history, the Raiders have gained a reputation as a welcoming place for players who have worn out their welcome elsewhere in the NFL.

Guard Richie Incognito fits the bill after being suspended in 2013 and castigated in Ted Wells’ investigation for the way he treated Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin. Incognito recently got out of treatment for mental health issues and told Michael Silver of NFL.com that he’s open to the idea of continuing his NFL career in Oakland.

“I’m 100 percent into that,” Incognito said. “I think that would fit my personality the best. It makes so much sense. I know [offensive coordinator Greg] Olson and [offensive line coach Tony] Sparano, and I’m a loyal guy, and I’d love to play for them again. And, of course, the Raiders have that aura.”

Incognito played for Olson in St. Louis and Sparano in Miami, but there probably aren’t too many places he wouldn’t want to play right now. He said earlier this week and reiterated to Silver that he would like a chance to return to the Dolphins, but the shadow of last year, the Wells report and Incognito’s mental health concerns make him a tough sell to anyone.

Complicating matters in Oakland is the presence of defensive lineman Antonio Smith, who was suspended for two preseason games and a regular season game after an altercation with Incognito in the preseason last year. Incognito shrugged off any concerns on that front and called Smith a friend, although that may not be enough to open up the door to a job in Oakland.

loochy
03-20-2014, 02:31 PM
of course he is

Reerun_KC
03-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Okay?

TLO
03-20-2014, 02:38 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!

Dayze
03-20-2014, 02:40 PM
from one shit team to another.

shocking, since he'll be right down the road from where he lived ( i think).

KC_Lee
03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Love to see what Dontari would do to him.

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 02:45 PM
“I think that would fit my personality the best. It makes so much sense...."

He's saying that a string of questionable behaviors leading many to believe he is sociopathic asshole fits right in with the Raider culture? That's quite the compliment there, little Richard.

KCrockaholic
03-20-2014, 02:53 PM
The Raiders have that Aura?

Of what? Losing, and having a team full of assclowns?

BlackHelicopters
03-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Good luck.

TEX
03-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Is this Richie's way of following Johnathin Martin to California? Martin's gonna piss himself when he finds out that Incognito is right across the bay...LMAO

temper11
03-20-2014, 03:04 PM
“I think that would fit my personality the best. It makes so much sense.... And, of course, the Raiders have that aura.”

If I'm the Raiders, and this psyco feels like he fits right in with what I'm doing with my club, I call the marketing dept right now and change the name, logo, mascot, I fire all my coaches, cut all my players and start the fuck over. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened already, but Incognito would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Shocking.

R8RFAN
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Sign him up

TEX
03-20-2014, 04:02 PM
If I'm the Raiders, and this psyco feels like he fits right in with what I'm doing with my club, I call the marketing dept right now and change the name, logo, mascot, I fire all my coaches, cut all my players and start the **** over. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened already, but Incognito would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Thats just dumb. How old are you? Twenty something? The Raiders have signed MUCH WORSE and gotten good production out of them. Of course these are "special PC times" so there might be more of an outrage for doing so now, but Ingognito can play and some team will sign him. So if you really feel that way, get your pen out and get ready to write Godell.

R8RFAN
03-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Wow he picked on some tender puss 300lb player....

Deberg_1990
03-20-2014, 04:15 PM
"Commitment to Dumbassery"

temper11
03-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Thats just dumb. How old are you? Twenty something? The Raiders have signed MUCH WORSE and gotten good production out of them. Of course these are "special PC times" so there might be more of an outrage for doing so now, but Ingognito can play and some team will sign him. So if you really feel that way, get your pen out and get ready to write Godell.

yes... they've signed worse, but none of them (to my knowledge) have said "my f'd up behavior would fit right into the Raiders organization!" Most players that have had embarrassing off-the-field behavior try to act contrite when luring a new team. Not act as if their bad behavior would add to the culture of a potential team.

Furthermore, it is what I said that "I would do" if the Raiders were my team. It was a "light-hearted" way of suggesting that if I ran the Raider's, this would be a serious indication that I needed to take some dramatic steps to change the general perception of my team. Did I say anything about whether or not a team will pick him up? Whether or not he doesn't have the skill to play at a high level? I did not, I just don't think that even the Raiders want to be known as a "perfect fit" for Incognito. Maybe just calm down a little and stop trying to pick a fight with every post you read.

temper11
03-20-2014, 04:18 PM

Well he also allegedly sexually harassed some chick with probably the same club he used to beat the shit out of his Ferrari. Dude is unstable.

vailpass
03-20-2014, 04:32 PM

Yep...

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 04:35 PM

The raiders suck fucking ass at being good people in society. This post alone tells me that you are the raiders.

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Well he also allegedly sexually harassed some chick with probably the same club he used to beat the shit out of his Ferrari. Dude is unstable.

He'll fit right in with the instability within that organization. It can't get much worse in that black hole of morals, talent, triumph, and any other endearing qualities you can come up with.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM

Raider fan and it's usual retard perspective.

vailpass
03-20-2014, 04:54 PM
The raiders suck ****ing ass at being good people in society. This post alone tells me that you are the raiders.

As opposed to a player shooting the mother of his child to death then showing up to commit suicide at the complex?
I hate the fade but every team has their scum bags.
Though the raiders have institutionalized it...

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 05:00 PM
As opposed to a player shooting the mother of his child to death then showing up to commit suicide at the complex?
I hate the fade but every team has their scum bags.
Though the raiders have institutionalized it...

Knowingly signing a guy who is a shitty all-around person and signing a guy with some problems that blossomed into the worst possible scenario are not the same thing.

Halfcan
03-20-2014, 05:00 PM
perfect team for him

R8RFAN
03-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Yup... Nothing like killing a baby mama then blowing your own brains out

vailpass
03-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Knowingly signing a guy who is a shitty all-around person and signing a guy with some problems that blossomed into the worst possible scenario are not the same thing.

I don't know that the former is true but I see your point...

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I don't know that the former is true but I see your point...

Bashed ferrari, sexual assault, harassment of a big guy with mental issues- model citizen, that guy is.

R8RFAN
03-20-2014, 05:04 PM
He deserves a second chance more than Vick did

vailpass
03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Bashed ferrari, sexual assault, harassment of a big guy with mental issues- model citizen, that guy is.

Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, some would say. And it doesn't appear the rhetoric was one sided. It's a culture that breeds competition and aggression, you're going to have some blow_by from time to time...

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, some would say. And it doesn't appear the rhetoric was one sided. It's a culture that breeds competition and aggression, you're going to have some blow_by from time to time...

Sexual harassment, bashed ferrari (which screams I'm a petulant child in a man's body with too much money), etc.

C'mon Vail, you can't honestly defend that piece of shit.

Cephalic Trauma
03-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Model. Fucking. Citizen. SECOND chance? WUT?

Richie Incognito's troubles:

• As a freshman at Nebraska in 2002, Incognito (according to USA Today this week) bullied teammate Jack Limbaugh to the point where he stormed off at practice.

• Incognito started 13 of 14 games as a true freshman, missing the one against Iowa State because of an in-game fight against Penn State the week prior.

• Incognito was suspended the following spring by then-head coach Frank Solich. The reasons never were reported.

• In the spring semester of 2004, Incognito was charged with three counts of assault after a fight at a party. He was found guilty on one charge of misdemeanor assault and hit with a $500 fine.
• That following fall, Incognito was suspended from Nebraska and he withdrew from school two weeks later.

• Two weeks after leaving Nebraska, Incognito enrolled at Oregon. A week after that, then-Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti kicked him off the team and told the Oregonian: "There were conditions we had set down and set forth for him to be admitted to our program, and they were not met."

• That next spring in 2005, Incognito declared for the NFL draft. Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy recently told Dan Patrick that his team red-flagged Incognito for character concerns and removed him from their draft board. So did former New England Patriots personnel boss Scott Pioli, who echoed similar sentiments on NBC Sunday night.

• After being taken in the third round of the NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams, Incognito earned a starting spot and became known for his rough style on the field. He committed 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness, in 44 games.

• Incognito was voted the "NFL's dirtiest player" by The Sporting News in a poll of 99 players in 2009.

• After several incidents involving fans and then-Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo (during a game against the Tennessee Titans), Incognito was released in December 2009. He finished the season with the Buffalo Bills but spent only three games with them.

• In December 2011, as a member of the Miami Dolphins, Incognito incited Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who was fined $30,000 for punching Incognito during a game.

• Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith called out Incognito for dirty play in 2012. In a 2013 preseason game with the Dolphins, Smith swung his helmet during an altercation with Incognito, which earned Smith a one-week suspension.

• Also in August, Incognito was involved in an incident at a Miami Beach hotel in which it was reported he punched a security guard, but his name was cleared, charges were dropped and Incognito was issued only a trespassing warning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richie-incognito-troubled-timeline-dates-back-early-college-224648711--nfl.html

vailpass
03-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Sexual harassment, bashed ferrari (which screams I'm a petulant child in a man's body with too much money), etc.

I missed the sexual harassment conviction I admit. When was that? I'm not holding the guy up as a role model, just observing there are many like him in that culture.

temper11
03-20-2014, 05:18 PM

I care less about the deal with Martin. He seems like an ass, but I think you should be able to handle it. And from what I read of the texts, Martin wasn't exactly angelic in his rhetoric back to Incognito.

I care more about the allegations of sexual assault... There is no excuse for that BS. Big f'n dude having his way with a woman is inexcusable. Just allegations at this point I realize, but the picture being painted of Incognito isn't a good one.

vailpass
03-20-2014, 05:22 PM
I care less about the deal with Martin. He seems like an ass, but I think you should be able to handle it. And from what I read of the texts, Martin wasn't exactly angelic in his rhetoric back to Incognito.

I care more about the allegations of sexual assault... There is no excuse for that BS. Big f'n dude having his way with a woman is inexcusable. Just allegations at this point I realize, but the picture being painted of Incognito isn't a good one.

If true nobody could argue that. It's grounds for lead poisoning from a family member.

temper11
03-20-2014, 05:22 PM
I missed the sexual harassment conviction I admit. When was that? I'm not holding the guy up as a role model, just observing there are many like him in that culture.

Good grief... I hope this is not true.

J Diddy
03-20-2014, 05:26 PM

It's a great picture for a future Oakland Raider.

BossChief
03-20-2014, 05:37 PM
I'd love to have him in KC.

Fuck all the noise, every good team needs a couple nasty motherfuckers like Incognito.

temper11
03-20-2014, 05:40 PM

**** all the noise, every good team needs a couple nasty mother****ers like Incognito.

Yeah... nasty on the field sure... but this guy is a locker room cancer and a distraction. I don't want him here.

Easy 6
03-20-2014, 06:09 PM
We should've grabbed this guy, a proven mauler with a meanstreak on the cheap, he's just what this interior needed... he will flame out in that shithole, but likely would've been kept on track here under better leadership.

My disappointment with this offseason grows...

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Fuck all the noise, every good team needs a couple nasty motherfuckers like Incognito.

He's not good enough to put up with his shit.

Red Dawg
03-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Bring him in for look. We need players that will take the heat off of our pitiful off season moves. How we didn't get a safety is beyond comprehension.

Dunerdr
03-20-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd take him as a chief

Simplicity
03-20-2014, 08:35 PM

**** all the noise, every good team needs a couple nasty mother****ers like Incognito.

That's why we have Joe Mays.

BossChief
03-20-2014, 08:37 PM
He's not good enough to put up with his shit.

Bullshit. The guy would be the best RG we've had since Shields.

Of course, that's not a truly impressive statement...but it's true...he would also bring a certain nastiness and mean streak that is DESPERATELY needed by this team.

BossChief
03-20-2014, 08:39 PM
That's why we have Joe Mays.

Which is fine, on defense...but the OL lost its best player and the offense lost one of its major leaders when they let Albert walk. I know Richie Incognito has a certain perception about him, but the guy is tough as nails and would be a great value signing.

Setsuna
03-20-2014, 11:08 PM
He deserves a second chance more than Vick did

Dumbest post I've ever seen on CP.

Rasputin
03-20-2014, 11:16 PM
This mother fucker is going get taken out for dirty play.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised at some point in Ndamukong Suh career he ends up being a Raider. fuck that team.

J Diddy
03-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I wonder if he's going incognito

BossChief
03-20-2014, 11:36 PM
I'd trade our next 2 firsts for Suh right now AND give him a monster deal.

That guy would rape faces in our defense.

RealSNR
03-20-2014, 11:53 PM

Who the fuck does handwritten letters anymore?

Jiu Jitsu Jon
03-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Bring him in, we'll trash his next Ferrari and make him believe the Chiefs did it. Remember Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Every time he gets another Ferarri we will blame it on some other team.

RealSNR
03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Yup... Nothing like killing a baby mama then blowing your own brains out

The two situations aren't remotely similar.

Easy 6
03-20-2014, 11:58 PM
I wonder if he's going incognito

Holy shit, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Go to bed , sir, just DO IT, you'll be glad you did.

RippedmyFlesh
03-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Roid rage. I could see them taking on a problem child but not him too high profile.

Saccopoo
03-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Which is fine, on defense...but the OL lost its best player and the offense lost one of its major leaders when they let Albert walk. I know Richie Incognito has a certain perception about him, but the guy is tough as nails and would be a great value signing.

Richie Incognito is a sociopath.

Dude has been a total asshole every place he's played.

I mean, do you have any idea what it takes to get kicked off of the football team at Nebraska, especially when you are an All-American level player? Lawrence Phillips didn't get kicked off. But Richie sure as shit did.

No fucking thanks whatsoever.

htismaqe
03-21-2014, 04:46 AM

I mean, do you have any idea what it takes to get kicked off of the football team at Nebraska, especially when you are an All-American level player? Lawrence Phillips didn't get kicked off. But Richie sure as shit did.

No fucking thanks whatsoever.

Egg-zackly

Dave Lane
03-21-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd trade our next 2 firsts for Suh right now AND give him a monster deal.

That guy would rape faces in our defense.

No way that dude is likely to get kicked out of the league at some point. What strike is he on right now?

WhiteWhale
03-21-2014, 09:54 AM

No ****ing thanks whatsoever.

While the point is taken, Lawrence Phillips was an important piece of a championship team.

Richie was Richie.

It's not exactly apples and apples. Phillips is by far a worse human being than Richie is, but also a far more important player.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Breaking: The Bucs are bringing Richie Incognito in for a visit today, could sign him if visit goes well. ... <a href="http://t.co/qKJTuEQPSm">http://t.co/qKJTuEQPSm</a></p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/503922249913892864">August 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CoMoChief
08-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Asshole or not, the Chiefs could use the guy.

This team needs all the Oline help it can get.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 09:29 AM
We sure could fucking use him.

John Dope
08-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Unrealistic - No owner is going to sign that guy. They want him, and the negative media spotlight he brings to just go away.

BigBeauford
08-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Reid signed Vick. Just saying.

thabear04
08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
So incognito talking with the Bucs.

MTG#10
08-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Unrealistic - No owner is going to sign that guy. They want him, and the negative media spotlight he brings to just go away.

Why is Tampa visiting with him today then, because they're bored?

loochy
08-25-2014, 10:54 AM
What ever happened to the whiny girly man that he "harassed"?

Dunerdr
08-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Dorsey please for the love of god plug A hole in this sinking ship. He's got 1 year stopgap need to save my career on the cheap written all over him.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 11:25 AM

Rishaw Johnson needs someone to toughen him up

Hydrae
08-25-2014, 11:27 AM

I believe that Jonathan Martin is with the 49ers currently.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2014, 11:30 AM
I believe he is playing well now for the 49ers.

still 2nd string behind Anthony Davis though

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I know what happened to everyone else. Incognito went on several tirades that showed he's pretty unstable. And pounceys image keeps getting worse. Martin is too soft but it's clear where the root of the problem is.

Rain Man
08-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Unless you think that Jonathan Martin is more adorable than puppies, Michael Vick disagrees with you.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Bring Incognito in, NOW! Fulton has no business starting and we could use the nasty attitude on game days. Smith won't be a bitch like the rookie Tannehill was to this guy and Reid is far better at handling problem players than Joe Philban is.

John Dope
08-25-2014, 12:23 PM

LOL, maybe I'll be wrong? Maybe a team will sign him. Either way, KC won't sign him.

beach tribe
08-25-2014, 12:25 PM
I would have said no way prior to watching these bums try to block on Sat.
I'd be all for it now.

Eureka
08-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Wait so he was a perfect trashy player that would fit the mold of a Raider but now some of you are saying he should visit the Chiefs?

Any def line is licking their chops when playing the Chiefs this year!

The Franchise
08-25-2014, 01:33 PM
I believe he is playing well now for the 49ers.

still 2nd string behind Anthony Davis though

He's injured.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2014, 01:34 PM
He's injured.

didn't hear that

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Wait so he was a perfect trashy player that would fit the mold of a Raider but now some of you are saying he should visit the Chiefs?

Any def line is licking their chops when playing the Chiefs this year!

Which is precisely why we need him on this team.

Easy 6
08-25-2014, 01:38 PM
I would've had to hold my nose a bit, but I thought we should've brought him in months ago.

Experienced, mean spirited, physical... all things this line desperately needs.

IamBATMAN
08-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Speaking of raiders....I can't post the link, but there was a survey on espn that said they polled 100 NFL players and 23% of them said they wouldn't play for Oakland unless they doubled their salary. Oakland was followed up by Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Green Bay.

Kman34
08-25-2014, 01:44 PM
LOL, maybe I'll be wrong? Maybe a team will sign him. Either way, KC won't sign him.

This is a league that gives second chances to just about anybody.....
Chiefs? I don't think so...

Mr. Laz
08-25-2014, 01:45 PM
I would've had to hold my nose a bit, but I thought we should've brought him in months ago.

we sure as hell could use the attitude adjustment, even if it's only for a year.

especially if it's only for a year :thumb:

Easy 6
08-25-2014, 01:49 PM
we sure as hell could use the attitude adjustment, even if it's only for a year.

especially if it's only for a year :thumb:

Too late now, Lovie Smith was smart enough to give him a shot.

Of all the awful lines we've had since Vermeil left town, this one is surely the worst.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 01:58 PM
A great match.

Discuss Thrower
08-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Speaking of raiders....I can't post the link, but there was a survey on espn that said they polled 100 NFL players and 23% of them said they wouldn't play for Oakland unless they doubled their salary. Oakland was followed up by Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Green Bay.

Green Bay surprises me. They've been the only team that's been relevant over the last 20 years in that division.

So what if it's -20*F for one or two games a season. Global Warming will fix that shit RIGHT up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Green Bay surprises me. They've been the only team that's been relevant over the last 20 years in that division.

So what if it's -20*F for one or two games a season. Global Warming will fix that shit RIGHT up.

That is surprising. I'm also surprised that Miami isn't better, seeing as how so many players love to be there.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 02:12 PM
That is surprising. I'm also surprised that Miami isn't better, seeing as how so many players love to be there.

Cause it's Florida with hurricanes and criminally insane people running free as can be at a higher rate than usual. Plus the franchises there haven't been so good for a while.

Much better to be in Texas or Washington.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Cause it's Florida with hurricanes and criminally insane people running free as can be at a higher rate than usual.

Much better to be in Texas or Washington.

I don't think I'd want to be in Texas either.

RealSNR
08-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Baltimore is also a giant shithole. I'd prefer not to play there if I could avoid it as a player.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't think I'd want to be in Texas either.

Tax free, sexy college babes, lots of land, Jerry Jones will hook you up with almost anything, etc. I hate the Cowboys as a fan but even I would try to play there for at least a couple of seasons. Texas is crazy about football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Baltimore is also a giant shithole. I'd prefer not to play there if I could avoid it as a player.

Tax free, sexy college babes, lots of land, Jerry Jones will hook you up with almost anything, etc. I hate the Cowboys as a fan but even I would try to play there for at least a couple of seasons. Texas is crazy about football.

Two truths.

Eureka
08-25-2014, 03:55 PM

You def need AC in the summer though.

It comes down to two things needed. Either a quality QB or good weather/location.

Just Passin' By
08-25-2014, 04:01 PM

Miami's a great town for a lot of things, but it's not a great sports town anymore. Having a stadium that's out of the way doesn't do much to help, either.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Lol. We have three players suspended for stupidity. We don't need to add stupid to stupid. Adding incognito is a panic move.

Rain Man
08-25-2014, 04:08 PM
You def need AC in the summer though.

It comes down to two things needed. Either a quality QB or good weather/location.

If I was a 21 year-old single rookie in the NFL, I think I'd base my preferences on ...

... moderate weather that's not too hot in August or too cold in December. That probably points toward one of the west coast teams.

... availability of cool stuff like penthouse apartments and Ferrari dealerships. That would point toward high-end cities like New York and Miami.

... attractive women in skimpy clothing. That would point toward Miami or southern California.

... a football tradition where I would be put on a pedestal, but at the same time be able to live a somewhat normal life. That would point toward the classic rust belt or midwest towns.

... a location that minimizes the number of ways I could get into trouble. That would point away from New York and Miami, and away from any place with attractive women in skimpy clothing.

I'll have to give this some thought and come up with a ranking.

Rain Man
08-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Lol. We have three players suspended for stupidity. We don't need to add stupid to stupid. Adding incognito is a panic move.

I haven't been able to watch any games yet, but based on what I'm hearing, it kind of sounds like a panic move is the logical next step.

Easy 6
08-25-2014, 04:11 PM

As much of a meathead as that guy surely is, I'd bet he's learned a thing or two after this storm... the Bucs will be glad they grabbed him I'd bet.

He's a nasty, physical Olin Kreutz type of brawler and could've really helped us.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 04:11 PM

I take it you haven't been watching the offensive line.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2014, 04:46 PM
First, it's a guard. I'm not in freak out mode over it. The Chiefs can and should move Hudson to guard and kush to center which already makes the interior line better than last year. From there, we have 11 picks next year and duvarney-tardif not to mention watkins coming back from suspension. Linkenbach has actually looked OK at guard. We have roster cuts to find new guys

It's going to be bumpy at first but it will be worth it. We are not in a place right now where we need to fill spots based on need.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-25-2014, 04:53 PM

Avoid winning?

kcxiv
08-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Avoid winning?

lol, yeah. like rich players cant find a nice spot in maryland to live. lol Players want to make money and win. Its not like you have to live there full time, rent a spot and only be there half the year. Not hard to do when your making big money.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 04:57 PM
First, it's a guard. I'm not in freak out mode over it. The Chiefs can and should move Hudson to guard and kush to center which already makes the interior line better than last year. From there, we have 11 picks next year and duvarney-tardif not to mention watkins coming back from suspension. Linkenbach has actually looked OK at guard. We have roster cuts to find new guys

It's going to be bumpy at first but it will be worth it. We are not in a place right now where we need to fill spots based on need.

A guard? It's both guards and looking like both tackles as well, lol. I think Jeff Allen might actually be pretty decent out at RT with the way that he played against the Vikings. He just needs a few more mental reps there so that he is a bit more sound in his assignment when working against the blitz. I don't think that I remember seeing Allen get beat physically 1 on 1 at RT against the Vikings. That's a lot more than I could say for anyone else on the line.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-25-2014, 05:01 PM
lol, yeah. like rich players cant find a nice spot in maryland to live. lol Players want to make money and win. Its not like you have to live there full time, rent a spot and only be there half the year. Not hard to do when your making big money.

Downtown Baltimore is nice. Some parts of it is bad just like every other city. Look at the Ravens headquarters.
http://www.claycorp.com/media/2011/06/ins_ravens_08.jpg

ThaVirus
08-25-2014, 05:01 PM

Makes sense. Aside from the obvious that those franchises have blown dicks as of late, those cities are also bottom of the barrel.

Green Bay may be a great franchise but it's in fucking Wisconsin. How is the night life there? Diversity? Weather?

If I'm an NFL player, I'm hoping for San Diego, Miami, Tampa, or San Francisco.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2014, 05:04 PM
A guard? It's both guards and looking like both tackles as well, lol. I think Jeff Allen might actually be pretty decent out at RT with the way that he played against the Vikings. He just needs a few more mental reps there so that he is a bit more sound in his assignment when working against the blitz. I don't think that I remember seeing Allen get beat physically 1 on 1 at RT against the Vikings. That's a lot more than I could say for anyone else on the line.
Hudson would do just fine at guard. Kush would upgrade at center. We are talking about one guard spot. Allen is fine at guard if you're only looking to stopgap and Watkins and duvarney-tardif are options as the season progresses. If you're intent on Allen at right tackle, then kick Stephenson back to guard.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Hudson would do just fine at guard. Kush would upgrade at center. We are talking about one guard spot. Allen is fine at guard if you're only looking to stopgap and Watkins and duvarney-tardif are options as the season progresses. If you're intent on Allen at right tackle, then kick Stephenson back to guard.

Can Stephenson pull and handle all that good stuff?

Easy 6
08-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Downtown Baltimore is nice. Some parts of it is bad just like every other city. Look at the Ravens headquarters.
http://www.claycorp.com/media/2011/06/ins_ravens_08.jpg

Looks like a somewhat 1600's themed strip mall.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Can Stephenson pull and handle all that good stuff?

“He plays an important position,” Reid said. “We're lucky we have Donald Stephenson. He can swing back and forth. If we needed, he could play guard for us. Donald gives us a little flexibility.”

I think he can. We have to put up with some shit the first four games. But by game 4, we'll have options. By midseason, I bet we have an adequate enough o-line.

OldSchool
08-25-2014, 05:42 PM
“He plays an important position,” Reid said. “We're lucky we have Donald Stephenson. He can swing back and forth. If we needed, he could play guard for us. Donald gives us a little flexibility.”

I think he can. We have to put up with some shit the first four games. But by game 4, we'll have options. By midseason, I bet we have an adequate enough o-line.

Only problem is that, by then, it might be too late unless we go on a magical undefeated run. I don't see that happening though.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Only problem is that, by then, it might be too late unless we go on a magical undefeated run. I don't see that happening though.

If you truly believe that we are in a place where we desperately need to win now. That's what a move for Incognito is. It's a desperation move. We obviously want to always compete, but this team isn't in a place where a move at guard is suddenly going to make this team a contender. I still think we're a year away and said that much earlier in the offseason.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-25-2014, 06:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL cleared former Dolphins G Richie Incognito on Monday for return to &quot;full activity and regular-season game participation,&quot; per NFL source</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/504056667286552578">August 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

Marcellus
08-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I would have a hard time rooting for the guy in a Chiefs uniform, right up until he started playing well.

Discuss Thrower
08-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Put a babysitter on him at all times and make him crank out some sexual abuse PSAs and sign him

Just Passin' By
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL cleared former Dolphins G Richie Incognito on Monday for return to &quot;full activity and regular-season game participation,&quot; per NFL source</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/504056667286552578">August 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

Good for him. He got screwed over in that whole thing. At least now he'll have a shot to move forward doing what he wants to for a living.

Rain Man
08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
I would have a hard time rooting for the guy in a Chiefs uniform, right up until he started playing well.

I couldn't stand tamarick vanover other than the times he was on the field.

BigCatDaddy
08-25-2014, 08:39 PM
It would be nice to add a little toughness to this team. I haven't viewed them as a tough team since the days of Dale Carter.

Valiant
08-25-2014, 10:17 PM

I would love him on the team. Maybe make Fisher not such a pussy.

Valiant
08-25-2014, 10:20 PM
If you truly believe that we are in a place where we desperately need to win now. That's what a move for Incognito is. It's a desperation move. We obviously want to always compete, but this team isn't in a place where a move at guard is suddenly going to make this team a contender. I still think we're a year away and said that much earlier in the offseason.

Sadly I disagree.

Everything about this team is win now, they just made horrible decisions this offseason.

You have a clock on Charles. Most of the defense is in place. They view Smith as the QB, well until this upcoming offseason. It is a win now mode.

And as bad as the line is, yes you get him regardless.

Eureka
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM
If I was a 21 year-old single rookie in the NFL, I think I'd base my preferences on ...

... moderate weather that's not too hot in August or too cold in December. That probably points toward one of the west coast teams.

... availability of cool stuff like penthouse apartments and Ferrari dealerships. That would point toward high-end cities like New York and Miami.

... attractive women in skimpy clothing. That would point toward Miami or southern California.

... a football tradition where I would be put on a pedestal, but at the same time be able to live a somewhat normal life. That would point toward the classic rust belt or midwest towns.

... a location that minimizes the number of ways I could get into trouble. That would point away from New York and Miami, and away from any place with attractive women in skimpy clothing.

I'll have to give this some thought and come up with a ranking.

You just described Oakland. No player lives IN Oakland but somewhere nearby. I live here on the coast and I never sweat in the summer and never shiver in the winter! There's plenty of HOT women and the Raiders fans would love to have a dominating player at any position! The Raiders have tradition and penthouses are around here in Cali.

Truth is most players just want to win and make $$$

Dunerdr
08-26-2014, 05:24 AM
I'd sign this fat douche so fast your head would spin. Out line is pathetic. If not for the wins do it for jamaal fuck he's been abused plenty no reason to throw him to the sharks. Show the only tier one talent on the team some love.

John Dope
08-26-2014, 06:16 AM
They love playing in Florida. there's no state tax there.

Dave Lane
08-26-2014, 07:24 AM

Idiots that say the OL is that bad are as wrong as people that say Alex Smith can't throw the ball 20 feet. They are both wrong. Alex and the OL are almost mirrors of each other. He's ranked 22nd in the Beacher report and that's about where the Chief OL is as well.

Apparently no one watches any other football games other than the Kansas City Chiefs or watched Minnesota the other night. Consistently their offensive lines are having people shoot gaps breakthrough and sack quarterbacks. Cassel was sacked several times. It's just how it is, we just see it and cringe because Alex is back there holding the ball and taking a couple sacks it's not that bad.

Valiant
08-26-2014, 08:00 AM
Idiots that say the OL is that bad are as wrong as people that say Alex Smith can't throw the ball 20 feet. They are both wrong. Alex and the OL are almost mirrors of each other. He's ranked 22nd in the Beacher report and that's about where the Chief OL is as well.

Apparently no one watches any other football games other than the Kansas City Chiefs or watched Minnesota the other night. Consistently their offensive lines are having people shoot gaps breakthrough and sack quarterbacks. Cassel was sacked several times. It's just how it is, we just see it and cringe because Alex is back there holding the ball and taking a couple sacks it's not that bad.

22nd? bottom third? that is bad.

OldSchool
08-26-2014, 08:40 AM

Again, you haven't been watching the games.

How the hell do you grade out at -8.6 as a unit by PFF ratings? The Vikings gashed us for 4.8 YPC with Asiata and 7.2 with McKinnon compared to our 2.2 YPC with Davis against the 1s. That's not due to a big difference in quality of play from their offensive line compared to ours?

Smith was often under pressure before he even reached the top of his drop because our guards are terrible and any decent pass rusher can run circles around Zach Fulton, the Vikings rarely had that problem; most of their pressure was from the edge, which is much easier for a QB to deal with than someone running straight through the middle.

Dunerdr
08-26-2014, 10:27 AM
War paint illustrated just dropped a deuce about this.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2014, 10:39 AM
So we going to make a play for this guy or be the stool pigeons we normally are?

R8RFAN
08-26-2014, 05:09 PM
I want mean nasty fuckers on my team, yall can have all the pussy players signing autographs at the mall... Give me mean bad ass mother fuckers.

If a player stomps another man when he is down, that's my kind of player

Rausch
08-26-2014, 05:43 PM

This...

mcaj22
08-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Fisher - Icognito - Hudson - Crap - Allen

wouldnt be THAT bad. It gives us the ability to kick Allen over to RT and not have to play two shitty guards. Allen looks much better at tackle than guard too.

tecumseh
08-26-2014, 06:11 PM
I've been afraid to bring up Incognito. But it makes good sense. That being said, I doubt Reid wants him in the lockerroom.

John Dope
08-26-2014, 07:26 PM
I think Tampa's owner said "Fuck no" so they traded for Mankins.

OldSchool
08-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Let's bring him in please. Charles and Smith are going to die behind this line.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 07:55 AM
I want mean nasty ****ers on my team, yall can have all the pussy players signing autographs at the mall... Give me mean bad ass mother ****ers.

If a player stomps another man when he is down, that's my kind of player

You're really going to hate this league in about 5 to 10.

And Cognito is a worthless bag of douche. I've read his texts. This guy is about 12 fucking years old.

BossChief
08-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Fisher - Icognito - Hudson - Crap - Allen

wouldnt be THAT bad. It gives us the ability to kick Allen over to RT and not have to play two shitty guards. Allen looks much better at tackle than guard too.

Fisher
Hudson
Kush
Incognito
Allen/Stephenson

IMO that would be a pretty damn good OL...IF Fisher pans out.

R8RFAN
08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
You're really going to hate this league in about 5 to 10.

And Cognito is a worthless bag of douche. I've read his texts. This guy is about 12 ****ing years old.

The way I saw it both of them were douchebags and both acted like 12 year olds...

It don't matter to me, I like mean people who play football

Chiefnj2
08-27-2014, 08:04 AM
If he got so mad at the kid from Stanford who was soft, can you imagine what Richie would do to Fisher and Fulton? I'm sure he'd have the best intentions for the first 20 seconds of watching them play, but a man can really only take so much puss from his fellow linemen.

kcfanXIII
08-27-2014, 08:12 AM

I don't think its whether or not he can play, or if the faiders will get production out of him. I think the issue he is talking about is the perception the faiders are the landing spot for you if you have screwed up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
The way I saw it both of them were douchebags and both acted like 12 year olds...

It don't matter to me, I like mean people who play football

There will be tons of meanness when the NFL finally transitions to flags!

Bowser
08-27-2014, 08:48 AM
http://oi50.tinypic.com/1232vcw.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 08:56 AM
http://oi50.tinypic.com/1232vcw.jpg

I remember that. The sweat pouring down his head says, "draft and develop(?); egads no"!

Reerun_KC
08-27-2014, 08:57 AM
bring this guy in....

We need depth on that OL

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 08:59 AM
bring this guy in....

We need depth on that OL

Or at least more brain-melting entertainment!

Reerun_KC
08-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Would be nice to have him call out Fisher for going full Clayanus Shottenwendler on team...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Would be nice to have him call out Fisher for going full Clayanus ShottenW. (name withheld) on team...

LMAO

MTG#10
08-27-2014, 09:02 AM
We need to sign this guy now before someone else does.

Eleazar
08-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Can we bring him in?

He was a league-average offensive lineman, and we don't have any of those.

Maybe he will bully Allen off the team.

Bowser
08-27-2014, 09:05 AM
We just signed Mike McGlynn, so just go ahead and put away your boners.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Can we bring him in?

He was a league-average offensive lineman, and we don't have any of those.

Maybe he will bully Allen off the team.

And Fisher....

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Perhaps a bullying, hard-assed douche-rocket is what this line needs.

John Dope
08-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Perhaps a bullying, hard-assed douche-rocket is what this line needs.

Oh it is but no one will sign Richie. It's not going to happen imo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Oh it is but no one will sign Richie. It's not going to happen imo.

Because....

John Dope
08-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Because....

Because God hates you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Because God hates youLil' Chiefy.

Easy 6
08-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Its pretty surprising someone hasnt picked this guy up yet, damn man, people get second chances in this league for worse things than being a dickhead.

He's a meathead no doubt but you'd think all of this has humbled him atleast a little bit... we need someone who plays the game like he does, this group has been soft as a babies ass for atleast a decade.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Its pretty surprising someone hasnt picked this guy up yet, damn man, people get second chances in this league for worse things than being a dickhead.

He's a meathead no doubt but you'd think all of this has humbled him atleast a little bit... we need someone who plays the game like he does, this group has been soft as a babies ass for atleast a decade.

I'm not sure you want him in your locker room long term. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a 1-year deal yet though.

It's more than just the Martin deal. Apparently he is quite the asshole and crazy bastard.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure you want him in your locker room long term. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a 1-year deal yet though.

It's more than just the Martin deal. Apparently he is quite the asshole and crazy bastard.

Crazy bastard is a understatement, actually.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 01:05 PM

He wasn't humbled when he was suspended indefinitely TWICE at Nebraska.

He wasn't humbled when he was essentially forced to transfer from Nebraska to Oregon.

He wasn't humbled when he was kicked off the Oregon team before he ever really stepped on campus, let alone before he played any football.

Easy 6
08-27-2014, 01:08 PM

He wasn't humbled when he was essentially forced to transfer from Nebraska to Oregon.

He wasn't humbled when he was kicked off the Oregon team before he ever really stepped on campus, let alone before he played any football.

Maybe now that big money is involved it'll open his eyes a bit?

All I know is that we could sure use an experienced mauler right about now.

John Dope
08-27-2014, 01:11 PM

It wasn't good in St. Louis either.

The guy is an asshole. He wasn't a special talent like Vick. He doesn't have Vick in his corner.

There is a major anti-bullying campaign going on in public schools. The owners won't want the media attention. Very few if any would give the OK to sign him imo. I doubt we ever see him play again.

htismaqe
08-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Maybe now that big money is involved it'll open his eyes a bit?

All I know is that we could sure use an experienced mauler right about now.

Incognito has more experience mauling people off the field than on.

That's just the thing - he has been getting into LOCKER ROOM fights dating all the way back to Nebraska. The shit with Martin isn't new.

He's a locker room cancer and a danger to his fellow players.