PDA

View Full Version : Football Jared Allen to the Bears

Stewie
03-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Signed 4-year deal per Adam Schefter.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Schefter had to swallow his pride reporting that one

Edit: Nevermind, it was Ed Werder who whiffed.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-26-2014, 06:50 AM
So they replaced one broke dick with another

Strongside
03-26-2014, 06:54 AM
Are we sure this time?

Mojo Jojo
03-26-2014, 07:03 AM
It's not about winning championships...it's about getting paid.

Dragonocho
03-26-2014, 07:17 AM
The guy we drafted with the pick we got for Jared Allen is old enough to decline. Bears are overpaying for an old motor.

GloryDayz
03-26-2014, 07:21 AM
$32M. Wow....

JD10367
03-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Voidable 4th year, comes out to $8M per with $15.5 guaranteed. A bit of an overpayment.

GloryDayz
03-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Voidable 4th year, comes out to $8M per with $15.5 guaranteed. A bit of an overpayment.

Good information...

And I still want to eat your avatar!

Molitoth
03-26-2014, 07:39 AM

Yup. I would've went to the Hawks if I were him.

BigMeatballDave
03-26-2014, 07:40 AM

Fucking exactly.

BullJunkandIron
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
^That's what I would do.

TribalElder
03-26-2014, 08:00 AM
:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
03-26-2014, 08:26 AM
I wonder how much guaranteed money Seattle offered?

SeeingRed
03-26-2014, 10:47 AM
I wonder how much guaranteed money Seattle offered?

Not as much as Chicago. I wonder if competing against the Vikings played any role at all.

Rausch
03-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Signed 4-year deal per Adam Schefter.

:harumph:

WhiteWhale
03-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Jared Allen has had double digit sacks 7 seasons in a row. 45 sacks in the past 3 seasons.

Totally washed up.

htismaqe
03-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Jared Allen has had double digit sacks 7 seasons in a row. 45 sacks in the past 3 seasons.

Totally washed up.

He's good in spurts but he wasn't the same guy last year that he was in the past...

Eureka
03-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Lamar Houston and Allen > peppers and Melton?

BlackHelicopters
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I think Allen still has some gas in the tank.

WhiteWhale
03-26-2014, 12:26 PM
He's good in spurts but he wasn't the same guy last year that he was in the past...

Okay... but he was still 7th in the NFL in sacks.

Yes though, 11.5 is a step down from a few years ago when he almost broke the NFL record.

I don't think he's washed up yet. If he is, then so is Hali.

htismaqe
03-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Okay... but he was still 7th in the NFL in sacks.

Yes though, 11.5 is a step down from a few years ago when he almost broke the NFL record.

I don't think he's washed up yet. If he is, then so is Hali.

Washed up, no. He's not washed up.

He just a guy that preys on certain linemen...

BlackHelicopters
03-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Like Fisher?

htismaqe
03-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Like Fisher?

Luckily we play the NFC West this year.

Oh wait...

SeeingRed
03-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Jarad Allen washed up? No, not if he stays healthy. IF he stays healthy he will have a BIGGER year on Chicago than he did last year. Chicago offense will get up on people and they will let him loose. 15 sack year is not out of the question if he plays 16 games. That defense is definitely better with him on it.

gblowfish
03-26-2014, 12:54 PM
I've always liked the guy. He left because he couldn't get along with King Carl. Can't blame him for that. This is probably his last stop, wish him luck with the Bears.

WhiteWhale
03-26-2014, 01:05 PM

Which makes him like every other pass rusher in the NFL.. he gets more sacks against lesser players.

DTLB58
03-26-2014, 01:08 PM

Yep. I think Seattle has a better chance getting back there in his time left than the Bears do getting there.

I still like him, if he was going to the NFC North I wish he would have went to the Packers and Peppers somewhere else.

I guess we should be happy he didn't end up in Denver.

Wallcrawler
03-26-2014, 01:29 PM

Its easy to sit and say that from the armchair, to go and say someone should go and take less money for a ring. This is Jared Allen's last contract he's going to get, and if he sacrifices money for a shot at a ring and doesn't get it, then he's screwed himself out of millions. I cant say that I wouldn't take the most money I could get while I could get it, especially in a league where your next down could potentially be your last.

The guy has played for shit teams his entire career, and it looks like he's settled into that comfort zone, to get paid well and rush the passer.

Its a living.

TripleThreat
03-26-2014, 01:46 PM

Pff u got that right.. im being honest too if I was a NFL player and I chose between a super bowl ring and 20million or 30million and no rings? id take the extra 10million and travel the world a couple hundred more times.

Marcellus
03-26-2014, 03:43 PM
I liked Allen but I cant remember 1 single big play sack he ever made as a Chief or Viking.

I can think of what seems like 100 game changing plays DT made for example, and a few big sacks Hali has even had.

I can't think of 1 game changer Allen ever made. Could be selective memory but it seems like he always had a few sacks early in games then disappeared in the 4th quarter.

Halfcan
03-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Pff u got that right.. im being honest too if I was a NFL player and I chose between a super bowl ring and 20million or 30million and no rings? id take the extra 10million and travel the world a couple hundred more times.

Yep you see a lot of players selling that Ring for money after their playing days are over.

lcarus
03-26-2014, 05:07 PM
I've always liked the guy. He left because he couldn't get along with King Carl. Can't blame him for that. This is probably his last stop, wish him luck with the Bears.

Agreed :thumb:

Rain Man
03-26-2014, 06:07 PM
For some reason I thought he had signed with Seattle? Didn't we have a thread about that?

Rain Man
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Here it is: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282436&highlight=jared

So what happened? Did Seattle refuse to add $69 to the final contract amount?

J Diddy
03-26-2014, 08:59 PM
For some reason I thought he had signed with Seattle? Didn't we have a thread about that?

I thought the deal was done?

WTF?

Rasputin
03-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Did Da Bears need a long snapper that bad?

SeeingRed
03-26-2014, 09:08 PM
NFL Network reports Jets made an offer and Raiders offered him 9 million for 1 year but he ultimately decided to sign with Bears to stay in 4-3 Defense and NFC North for 32 million 4 year deal. Vikings cant be happy about that. He will terrorize whoever their QB is.

TripleThreat
03-26-2014, 09:10 PM
NFL Network reports Jets made an offer and Raiders offered him 9 million for 1 year but he ultimately decided to sign with Bears to stay in 4-3 Defense and NFC North for 32 million 4 year deal. Vikings cant be happy about that. He will terrorize whoever their QB is.

they don't need to terrorize the QB because they don't have one :D

BullJunkandIron
03-26-2014, 09:14 PM
I thought the deal was done?

WTF?

Da Bears pulled a Broncorooskie.

Chiefnj2
03-26-2014, 09:44 PM
A ring is never a guarantee. A signing bonus is.

beach tribe
03-26-2014, 10:14 PM
A ring is never a guarantee. A signing bonus is.

Good point.

Simply Red
03-26-2014, 10:34 PM

after the Pioli disaster - people seemed to almost miss Carl.

WhiteWhale
03-26-2014, 10:48 PM

Yeah, but Carl was RIGHT. Allen wanted Freeney money when, at the time, he was nowhere close the same calibur of player. Not only that, but he was coming directly off of two DUI's in one month. Carl called him 'high risk' and Allen cried and cried but the reality is that he WAS a high risk signing at the time. It wasn't until he was off of the booze that he really established himself as an ELITE pass rusher. At that point he would not even negotiate with KC.

Allen wanted an excuse to get off of a shitty team, and he used the one available to him. I'll never believe it though. Allen wanted out of KC because the team sucked. I'm not condemning him for that, but at the same time he was lying out of his ass about the REAL reason he didn't want to come back to KC.

Anyway, I'm fine with how things worked out. I was backing Charles to start over LJ the day he was drafted and I'm still annoyed we wasted a season and a half pretending that Johnson was the best RB on the roster. He was the 2nd best RB on the team the instant JC was picked up.

GloryDayz
03-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Yeah, but Carl was RIGHT. Allen wanted Freeney money when, at the time, he was nowhere close the same calibur of player. Not only that, but he was coming directly off of two DUI's in one month. Carl called him 'high risk' and Allen cried and cried but the reality is that he WAS a high risk signing at the time. It wasn't until he was off of the booze that he really established himself as an ELITE pass rusher. At that point he would not even negotiate with KC.

Allen wanted an excuse to get off of a shitty team, and he used the one available to him. I'll never believe it though. Allen wanted out of KC because the team sucked. I'm not condemning him for that, but at the same time he was lying out of his ass about the REAL reason he didn't want to come back to KC.

Anyway, I'm fine with how things worked out. I was backing Charles to start over LJ the day he was drafted and I'm still annoyed we wasted a season and a half pretending that Johnson was the best RB on the roster. He was the 2nd best RB on the team the instant JC was picked up.

I can agree with most of what you said, but add to the list that perhaps Charles had to wait behind LJ like LJ did behind Priest. Folks can cry all they want about what LJ did off the field, but they conveniently forget that "the team" had to bench him to keep him from passing Priest's rushing numbers, and he did most of it behind a FAR inferior OL that Priest had.

He ended up 55 yards behind Priest, they both played for 6 years, and we all know that LJ didn't play because Dick was spot-lighting Priest and just hated LJ. And I think used him as fodder for the team. Perhaps LJ stepped into it, but when Dick made that diaper comment, that was bush league. And if it wasn't tell me why more head coaches don't air dirty laundry "in the press" like the Dick did? I know, I know, it's how you motivate LJ!! Yeah, bush league. All fro a guy who cried like a bitch when he had to fire his under-performing DC! Yeah, go back to making wine Dick!

So in 2008 saying LJ wasn't the best we had on the roster as he was quickly approaching the Chief's all-time rushing numbers (behind the vaunted Priest Holmes) is pretty hard to argue, especially over what was an unknown.

Would you say if we were to draft a highly rated RB that we bench Charles? I don't think so.

Eleazar
03-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I have no feelings positive or negative toward Jared Allen. He's just a declining defensive lineman who played for us 2 general managers ago

htismaqe
03-27-2014, 07:57 AM

:clap::clap::clap: