PDA

View Full Version : Football Oakland Raiders sign....

thabear04
03-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Another old vet Carlos Rogers signs contract with Oakland Raiders

The Oakland Raiders have locked down another veteran in their ongoing roster rebuild.

The team announced Monday that it has signed former San Francisco 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers. The Raiders offered visual proof via social media:

Rogers will turn 33 in July and is entering his 11th NFL season. He spent the last three seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, starting all 48 regular-season games he appeared in under Jim Harbaugh. Rogers saw his role diminished in the postseason following a hamstring injury and was cut three weeks ago in a move that created $5.1 million in cap space for San Francisco.

Rogers represents another short-term fix for general manager Reggie McKenzie. With Tarell Brown and D.J. Hayden locked into roles on the outside, expect Rogers to do most of his work out of the slot.

Eureka
03-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Old vets have brought wins & championships over the past 40 years. It seems to work for them. They'll be an intresting team this year!

TribalElder
03-31-2014, 07:29 PM
I was expecting jacque schiitt

Kidd Lex
03-31-2014, 07:30 PM
Old vets have brought wins & championships over the past 40 years. It seems to work for them. They'll be an intresting team this year!

Ntsrfsrs

In58men
03-31-2014, 07:35 PM
I like how everyone is hating on the Raiders, at least they are trying. We're effortless.

Messier
03-31-2014, 07:39 PM
I like how everyone is hating on the Raiders, at least they are trying. We're effortless.

The Raiders want to win, not like the Cheaps!

In58men
03-31-2014, 07:40 PM
The Raiders want to win, not like the Cheaps!

Rep

Chronic
03-31-2014, 07:46 PM
Stay where yer at.. it's not like you dopes were just a player or two away from competing with the Broncos

Only advice I'd give the Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders is to sit back, build your team and in 2 years when Frankenberry retires from the Mule head stadium.. then make your move

thabear04
03-31-2014, 07:57 PM

Well with that much cap space they better spend it on what they need. Unlike the Chiefs where they have not much cap space to work with.

Iconic
03-31-2014, 08:29 PM

They walked into FA almost 40m under the cap. WTF did you expect?

In58men
03-31-2014, 08:37 PM
There's a way to tweak the system and tweak contracts. Denver managed, not us.

Iconic
03-31-2014, 08:51 PM
There's a way to tweak the system and tweak contracts. Denver managed, not us.

That's actually a huge misconception. The Broncos were roughly 17m under the cap coming into this season and by releasing Champ Bailey and Chris Kuper that number increased to an even bigger 32m (excluding dead money). Compare that to our 4.5m and well... yeah it doesn't take a genius to realize why we aren't able to spend like others right now.

DTLB58
03-31-2014, 11:06 PM
They walked into FA almost 40m under the cap. WTF did you expect?

I believe it was $59M

Iconic
03-31-2014, 11:28 PM
I believe it was $59M

Sometimes this makes me wonder how the NFL is tax exempt.... Non-Profit my ass.

bevischief
04-01-2014, 02:47 AM

He still hasn't signed yet?

Coochie liquor
04-01-2014, 04:45 AM
Looks like an almost completely new roster in Jokeland. Should be interesting this season.

Mecca
04-01-2014, 05:12 AM
They just signed 2 of the top 3 CB's on the 49ers roster this past season, can't really say that's a bad thing.

That's gonna be a better team, there's no question.

Messier
04-01-2014, 05:47 AM
The Raiders are better. Yes they added talent, but this offseason is like a handbook in how to spend money just to spend money. Compare what the Raiders did to the Broncos. The Broncos signed pretty young, still in their prime players, that their former team would've loved to keep. I'm trying to think of the player Oakland signed that their former team wasn't like, meh, go ahead, we're fine. Brown maybe?

Mecca
04-01-2014, 06:03 AM
The Raiders are better. Yes they added talent, but this offseason is like a handbook in how to spend money just to spend money. Compare what the Raiders did to the Broncos. The Broncos signed pretty young, still in their prime players, that their former team would've loved to keep. I'm trying to think of the player Oakland signed that their former team wasn't like, meh, go ahead, we're fine. Brown maybe?

Well when you have 70 million to spend you have to spend money to spend money. I don't think they've signed any bad contracts short front loaded deals don't kill teams.

Marco Polo
04-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Sometimes this makes me wonder how the NFL is tax exempt.... Non-Profit my ass.

I think you are confused. The league office is non-profit but the individual teams pay taxes. The vast majority of the money is held with the teams.

htismaqe
04-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Well when you have 70 million to spend you have to spend money to spend money. I don't think they've signed any bad contracts short front loaded deals don't kill teams.

I mentioned this the other day but nobody was apparently paying attention.

The Raiders HAVE to spend money. They were teetering on having to pay fines for hoarding too much money...

Mecca
04-01-2014, 07:11 AM
I mentioned this the other day but nobody was apparently paying attention.

The Raiders HAVE to spend money. They were teetering on having to pay fines for hoarding too much money...

Yep, so they're in position to front load short deals to vets because they have to.

I think at the end of the day they're a better team now than they were at the end of the season.

ct
04-01-2014, 07:13 AM

Back off!! All you're schiitts are belong too us!

lawrenceRaider
04-01-2014, 07:25 AM

Which young, in their prime players did the Donks sign? I must have missed those signings.

Oakland signed some vets, who still should have a couple good years left, and didnt' break the bank signing them. Oakland looks to have similar cap room next offseason as well. How about the Chiefs? Well, giving a player like Bowe over 11 mill per season is hamstringing your ability to sign players to fill the gaps in your squad.

htismaqe
04-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Which young, in their prime players did the Donks sign? I must have missed those signings.

Oakland signed some vets, who still should have a couple good years left, and didnt' break the bank signing them. Oakland looks to have similar cap room next offseason as well. How about the Chiefs? Well, giving a player like Bowe over 11 mill per season is hamstringing your ability to sign players to fill the gaps in your squad.

The Broncos signed TJ Ward and Emmanuel Sanders, both ascending players just entering their primes...

Simplicity
04-01-2014, 08:03 AM
The Raiders had to spend the money... Don't give me the "At least they are trying" bullshit...

Mecca
04-01-2014, 08:10 AM
The Raiders had to spend the money... Don't give me the "At least they are trying" bullshit...

Well we had cap room like that when Pioli was here and he sat around with his thumb up his ass.

Messier
04-01-2014, 08:19 AM

Agreed. I'm not saying the Raiders aren't better, but they HAD to spend money. And they got a bunch of people you can say, hey, I know his name, about. They had a few savvy signings, but most seem like they are about 4 years too late.

MTG#10
04-01-2014, 08:25 AM
My Saints fan coworker just told me the raiders just traded 3 picks for Jimmy Graham?

Eleazar
04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
The Raiders are spending money, but that hasn't made the Redskins contenders in the past, nor did it work for the Eagles when they were being called the "dream team" a few years ago.

Talent without coaching and leadership isn't going to take them anywhere, we'll see if they have either of those in quantity.

MTG#10
04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Must be a lame April Fools joke, I don't think the raiders are even that stupid

Eleazar
04-01-2014, 08:28 AM
My Saints fan coworker just told me the raiders just traded 3 picks for Jimmy Graham?

Tampa was going to pay him like a #1 WR supposedly. I don't think a deal is done.

But if Oakland wants to trade away half their draft like they usually do, that's ok with me.

Dave Lane
04-01-2014, 08:45 AM
That's actually a huge misconception. The Broncos were roughly 17m under the cap coming into this season and by releasing Champ Bailey and Chris Kuper that number increased to an even bigger 32m (excluding dead money). Compare that to our 4.5m and well... yeah it doesn't take a genius to realize why we aren't able to spend like others right now.

Sad thing is when Andy Reid was hired we had more Caproom than anybody in the league I think it was almost $30 million in cap space and we wasted it all on Who?

Rausch
04-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Sad thing is when Andy Reid was hired we had more Caproom than anybody in the league I think it was almost $30 million in cap space and we wasted it all on Who?

9 wins...

lawrenceRaider
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
The Broncos signed TJ Ward and Emmanuel Sanders, both ascending players just entering their primes...

Not exactly elite players. Good, but not game breakers.

lawrenceRaider
04-01-2014, 09:16 AM

April fools.

RNR
04-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Yep, so they're in position to front load short deals to vets because they have to.

I think at the end of the day they're a better team now than they were at the end of the season.

LMAO they would have a hard time being worse~

htismaqe
04-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Not exactly elite players. Good, but not game breakers.

Nobody said anything about elite players or game breakers.

The Franchise
04-01-2014, 11:48 AM
The Raiders have gotten better.....if you deny that.....then you're living in a dream world. Their d-line is better. Their CBs are better. Even their QB position is better. Schaub may not be what he he used to be....but he's fucking light years ahead of McCloin and Pryor.

alpha_omega
04-01-2014, 11:48 AM
They just signed 2 of the top 3 CB's on the 49ers roster this past season, can't really say that's a bad thing.

That's gonna be a better team, there's no question.

It's the raiders....i would submit that it is always in question.

R8RFAN
04-01-2014, 12:02 PM
The Raiders have gotten better.....if you deny that.....then you're living in a dream world. Their d-line is better. Their CBs are better. Even their QB position is better. Schaub may not be what he he used to be....but he's ****ing light years ahead of McCloin and Pryor.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Now we need a great draft

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2014, 12:06 PM

Because flushing away money on guys that are shells of themselves really works! Omg we didn't get Hugh!!!

Easy 6
04-03-2014, 05:48 PM

True, but they're spending their money like drunks in Vegas on any given 10 old whores... when they should've pooled their money together and had 2-3 real sweet, world class pieces.

Now their just gonna wake up with a debilitating hangover in 2 years and not even have any good memories to show for their money and time.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
04-04-2014, 01:02 AM
True, but they're spending their money like drunks in Vegas on any given 10 old whores... when they should've pooled their money together and had 2-3 real sweet, world class pieces.

Now their just gonna wake up with a debilitating hangover in 2 years and not even have any good memories to show for their money and time.

Yes, that team is 2 or 3 players away from being great. That's exactly what they should have done - spend all their money on 2 or 3 guys. Have you ever considered a career in the NFL? I bet you rule Madden.

TripleThreat
04-04-2014, 01:27 AM
I think the raiders will either be decent, or just disappoint.. Im not expecting a 10+ win season especially with our division the way it is.. But id say a 7-9, 8-8 season is on the horizon for them.

Rausch
04-04-2014, 03:08 AM
I think the raiders will either be decent, or just disappoint.. Im not expecting a 10+ win season especially with our division the way it is.. But id say a 7-9, 8-8 season is on the horizon for them.